Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by Tierce »

EBWOP, failtag:

@Vi: Is the meaning of this zero available for public knowledge? If so, could you explain it, please?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't even notice the 0.

Now I cant unsee it.

I also am a doublevoter in your vote count.

I have a total guess on what that 0 is for but we'll see.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Pretty it means votecount number #0

I saw it too
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Alchemist »

Oh, two VCs? Guess that cant be it then.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 301, SpyreX wrote:I also am a doublevoter in your vote count.

We might as well dream big.

It might mean votecount #0, especially since the second votecount was a
mini
-votecount. I'm wondering if that kind of "visible" numbering is a way of tracking the RL length of deadline-less days, but it seems redundant because it's already in the VC title/can be seen by counting the days.

Confuzzled and sleepy and ooooh bed nao.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 269, SpyreX wrote:Yeeeaaa Alchemist is town that aint happenin
You have a townread on Alchemist? <_<

In post 270, Zdenek wrote:
To people with Meta knowledge:
Do you think it would be possible to list the people who scum likely have to kill. This information might be usefiul at some point.

Elincia, Tibarn, Sanaki, Caineghis, Naesala, Deghinsea are the leaders of every nation that isn't Daien, those would seem like prime targets.
Also Ike and Mist, since they're important characters that are against Daien in the game.
Beyond that there are like... 65 other PC in the game and a fair amount of fairly important NPC, so it'd be pure speculation.

In post 300, Tierce wrote:EBWOP, failtag:

@Vi: Is the meaning of this zero available for public knowledge? If so, could you explain it, please?

I have no clue what we're talking about here, enlighten me?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 305, dramonic wrote:
In post 300, Tierce wrote:EBWOP, failtag:

I have no clue what we're talking about here, enlighten me?

Look at the votecount posts. Lower right. There is a blueish, oversized, bolded 0 (zero) on them.
Inquiring minds want to know.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

Oh.
That's the amount of dead people, it's for the Eternal War mechanic.
Or it's very similar to the giant blue number in the corner of the ETERNAL WAR map in the game that increases everytime someone dies.
Technically once we've killed enough people we're gonna go into total chaos, Ashera is gonna awaken and we're gonna all make peace to go whoop her ass.
But that's probably not what's gonna happen here.
But yeah, it's PROBABLY a corpse counter.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by dramonic »

Endless War, not Eternal
Remember we have no deadlines and a mysterious "MASS OUTRAGE" mechanic that is affecting stuff.
I'm a hoot
Duplicity
Duplicity
Goon
Duplicity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Post by Duplicity »

Interesting catch, Tierce. I never would have noticed it.

Dramonic's theory makes sense but I don't have flavor knowledge as I've only played FE7+8

Tammy drawing attention to herself is bad but good chance of frustrated town thus a bad vote, Uber keeping his vote on Tammy is unlikely to be intentional (What would have have to gain from this as scum? Tammy's unlikely to get quicklynched, he'd have to move it or unvote sooner or later), etc. etc. I'm pretty sure this has already been said.

Tierce/Spyre have said too much for me to wrap my head around right now, I'll try to go over them more closely later but for now I just looked over them.

Zdenek's posts have been excellent but I'm going to hold off on a Hinduragi vote after thinking over it because I think his #286 is decent with the exception of his Nikanor push. Even though I agree with Nikanor's posts being unhelpful I feel like they're more of an attempt to try something different and not necessarily scum.

So I'm going to VOTE: Implosion who I know has had time to read/post yet has failed to do so, it's ridiculous how little (if any) content has been given by the majority of the players.

Reg is still MIA.

-Shift
There are three ways of dealing with difference: domination, compromise, and integration. By domination only one side gets what it wants; by compromise neither side gets what it wants; by integration we find a way by which both sides may get what they wish. - Mary Parker Follett.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by dramonic »

Riiiiiiight, this game is supposed to have 29 players isn't it?
I'm a hoot
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:05 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 211, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 107, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tammy

I believe in SpyreX.

Child Please

Could you explain your faith in SpyreX? In my experience with you, you've never been one to put your own reads as second fiddle to anyone elses.

I also suck ass in large theme games with the exception of when something different is going on for me; in WWE Road to Wrestlemania I was completely immune to NKs; in Scummies Winvitational I faked a post restriction, those are my only two large theme games where I'd describe my play as even close to good. This game, my strongest town read is basically going to have my vote until I think it's time to switch things up.

In post 239, MaguaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Tierce

Questions –

DDD
– why did you choose to sheep Spyrex as opposed to Glork?

More confident in SpyreX town than Glork town; I think I've played two games with Glork and he was town both times and I don't really know how to read him, I've seen SpyreX enough times to be pretty damn sure he's town here.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: UberNinja

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tammy
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count I:
(Left to right, back to front) Soren, Gatrie, Ranulf, Reyson, Oscar, Shinon, Ike, Mist, Rolf, Boyd, Titania
:right: Tammy (L-8) ~
SpyreX,
Magister Ludi,
UberNinja, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
dramonic, Oman,
Glork, Teleporting Speed Hippos,
Tierce, SpyreX, singersigner, Debonair Danny DiPietro
UberNinja (L-10) ~ Lady Lambdadelta,
SpyreX,
Glork, Nikanor, Teleporting Speed Hippos, ToastyToast,
Debonair Danny DiPietro

Tierce (L-11) ~ Quilford, Tammy, MaguaofIllusion, UberNinja
Hinduragi (L-13) ~ Haze, Zdenek
Wyrd (L-14) ~ Wyrd
Alchemist (L-14) ~ MathGirl277
Haze (L-14) ~ Gammagooey
Magister Ludi (L-14) ~ Alchemist
Nikanor (L-14) ~ Hinduragi
implosion (L-14) ~ Duplicity
Zdenek (L-15) ~
Hinduragi

dramonic (L-15) ~
Zdenek

Quilford (L-14) ~
Alchemist, Duplicity

Not Voting:
Teleporting Speed Hippos,
implosion, Katsuki,
Lady Lambdadelta, MaguaofIllusion,
Nexus,
Nikanor,
Oversoul, GreyICE (Shinori),
singersigner, ToastyToast, Tierce, UberNinja

-GreyICE replaces Shinori. Welcome him!

--With 29 alive, it takes 15 to lynch.
---I should probably mention - I definitely own none of the artwork used in this game.

Tierce 300 wrote:
It's today's lucky number to divide by.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oh, FFS.

Make that five.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by implosion »

Hi.

I graduate tomorrow.

I have had the time to read this, but not really the morale.

I'm pretty much never going to be fully caught up, but I'll be able to devote effort probably starting the day after tomorrow. I might do some reading tonight though.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

so I'm probably going to just have to do isos to read potential lynchees later in the day, I'm getting a few town reads (hindu's posts look pretty town right now especially) but for the most part I just feel like it's a lot of noise.

i'll go over stuff more tomorrow.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 313, singersigner wrote:Oh, FFS.

Make that five.

I hope this is because of me, is it?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:14 pm

Post by Tammy »

Well gosh, that was a hoot. How about we do that again...never. While you lot work on making my mislynch a reality and refusing to listen to the more awesome and level-headed of the group, I'll be over here looking for actual scum. :igmeou: Hopefully whatever interactions were provided yesterday will give you guys something to work with.

Quillford
In You are answering a question about Ludi and his questions. Why did you link to a game that didn't have Ludi in it as a comparison of Ludi's behavior in this game?

What about your play had been agro up to ?

Zdenek
In You say you could join my wagon, but you're not. You're voting for Hinduragi because you say he's been sniping from the sidelines and his votes have sucked. What about his votes have sucked worse than mine, which consisted of sheeping and jumping around for no reason? Also, I realize that his came after your vote, but do you think it's more or less likely that he's scum after that post? I'd say that the fact that he actually researched my meta and read more than one game of mine, which contain quite a lot of posts, makes him look quite probstown. You're probstown too though.

Hinduragi
The one finished game that you read, I was a late replacement. No one annoyed me much in that game, so my attitude was a bit different. The other game you're talking about is nearing endgame.

In and we learn that apparently Spyrex doesn't like to be ignored. So, since I didn't go all waaa waaa waaa why am I slimy, why are you voting me, omgus, somehow that makes me more likely to be scum. Eh, wrong, but thanks for playin. I didn't care what he thought, and I didn't care that he voted me. He apparently didn't like my post, don't care. As I know I'm not scum, whatever his reasons for thinking I'm slimy mean nothing to me. :shrug: Not caring what he thinks about me, and getting irritated because he kept pushing it and threatening to browbeat a mislynch along with others sheeping and telling me I'm scum when I'm not are two different things.

But he's probstown so I'll just ignore him for now. I don't think scum would work for a mislynch like that so early for something as silly as what he's going after :shrug: Besides his later discussion about the roles or whatever, look kinda townie.

Ludi
In the middle of the argument last night, you asked me if I thought Spyrex was scum. Why?

Alchemist in makes me want to never vote him ever. It made me laugh, and people who make me laugh are innocent...of course. Also, thanks for not thinking my first post was slimy and understanding what I was doing.

Oh Uberninja's totes town. I think she's the next largest bandwagon to me. Yeah, you guys are gonna
have
to start looking for scum at some point. I get the suspicion, but it's not totally unreasonable for someone to forget where their vote is at, and after seeing some posts call someone town. Also, is awesome. It shows that she's actually reading people AND doing it at a time when there's no benefit to her whatsoever. People are voting her, when I'm the next largest wagon, there is no reason for her to do that if scum. Totes Town.

And LLD comes in and is the next voice of reason. I think she's right, and there's probably at least 2 scum on that wagon. I think Ludi is likely to be one of them, and if he is Quilford is likely to be his partner. DDD is another good candidate, but he hasn't given enough really. Nice to point out that UN got the meaning of the sentence wrong. I was being sarcastic about him being awesome at reading me. Lovely debate with Spyrex, and LLD has the right of the entire conversation, while Spyrex gets everything wrong. I have no scum intent, scum mindset or scum anything seeing as how I'm town. Spyrex is just confirmation bias stubborn wrong. Meh.

Nikanor is blech.

Ludi's case against Alchemist is blech.

Glork
What do you like about Zdenek's vote on Hinduragi? Do you always tend to sheep in RVS? Other than the sheeping in RVS, you seem similar to another game of yours so you're town right now.

ToastyToast
I'd like for you to tell me in what universe my comment to Spyrex sounds like I'm flattering him or warning others against his "silver tongue"? I have extremely limited experience with Spyrex so I know nothing of this silver tongue and as I haven't seen anything redeeming in him yet to warrant flattery, your interpretation fails on both accounts. If you had read the thread, you would see in which I explain it to Ludi. I was being sarcastic because he was reading me wrong. This "bitchy identity" is just my personality, get over it I will not. :shrug:

Why is it that out of the whole thread the only three people that struck you were Tierce, UN and me? There were other people who posted a lot last night. Did Spyrex, Glork or Magister Ludi strike you at all? Or did you just choose the three easiest and safest people to discuss and have suspicions for?

Toast is totes probscum.

And Tierce enters in and confirms herself as scum. Hey Tierce dear, I want you in 50 words or less, to explain to me how anything I've done has expressed scum intent or mindset. I'm sure you can come up with
something
that sounds good. Noted the subtle way that you directed Spyrex to get on my wagon as well. Sneaky sneaky. Come on! Round up those votes...you've got a mislynch to push.

Duplicity looks good from his post; looking forward to seeing Regfan post as I should be able to get a better idea for them when he does.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

Alchemist wrote:@Ludi

You want me to explain my strong gut read on you? lol pedit nice omgus

Um, no. I'm pointing out how the two people you've voted, you've done very underhanded, without really explaining what you're talking about. Note, you didn't just say 'gut'! and leave it at that, you went on to launch some bs reasons, 'trying to look to town', 'too relate-able' that don't really mean anything. It looks like you wanted to put a vote down not on the top three wagons, and then cobbled something or other together that didn't make sense to back it up.

And as for flinging buzzwords around, stop it. You had a post that I took issue with that also included a vote for me, and I'm not going to simply let it slide because you've voted me. OMGUS is bunk in my opinion. If you'd like to point out why my suspicion on you is misplaced, or wrong, i'm all ears, but trying to deflect it away under the cover of what you've done is underhanded. It easily looks like a tactic employed by scum.

Alchemist wrote:So your case is I'm hypocritical and I didn't explain my gut read on you well enough to your liking.

Lolyou'rescum. Nikanor is probably scum too.

Do I really have to go tit-for-tat with Ludi right now? I dont want to.

No, its not what you've distilled it to. My case is my case, I think I was very clear.
And can you explain why you think nikanor is scum?
Is it because he called you scum, which would be the very same OMGUS that you accused me of two posts ago?

Hindu wrote:Going for the easy lynch to start off discussion is dumb since we're past that point.

Just to clarify, you think all three of the leading wagons at this time were town? It doesn't matter if it is an easy lynch if it is on scum.

Teleporting wrote:Okay UN, you had your chance to explain the vote on Tammy"Town"
Unvote; Vote: UberNinja

I'm holding off on other comments until I've spoken to Pere (#firsthydra)
~AV

Reading through, it first struck me as odd that TSH would withhold comments on most things abritrarily, and then post a sentence pointing out the fact that he is withholding comment.

~~~~*~~~~

Alchemist wrote:The above post by Spyre just feels like a whole lot of chatter and wise-guy backpeddaling, which he is so good at

On the alchemist front, this is a post typical of the problem I have with him. Ok, so you think he is chatting it up. So what? Is he scum because of it? Town? etc.? I don't use fluff often, but this post feels.... without a point.

Spyrex wrote:Yeeeaaa Alchemist is town that aint happenin

what are we missing here?

Zdenek wrote:
I think that Ludi's case against Alchemist is hogwash.

I actually thought It was quite well put together and encapsulates his play here so far, and a few others do as well. I'd like to know what you disagree with.

Break.

(stop. hammer time.)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 291, UberNinja wrote:
Vote: Tierce

X

In post 292, Alchemist wrote:Is scum Glork even lynchable?

Scum Glork is probably about as lynchable as town Glork is. But hey, fun fact: ScumGlork has been crosskilled more than he's been lynched.

In post 317, Tammy wrote:
Glork
What do you like about Zdenek's vote on Hinduragi? Do you always tend to sheep in RVS? Other than the sheeping in RVS, you seem similar to another game of yours so you're town right now.

It seems decently well thought-out, appropriate, and might lead somewhere. A good vote.
I don't always sheep in RVS. I never begin a game with any particular notion of what I'm going to do. Maybe it depends on my mood when the game starts or when I first get a chance to post? I really don't know. I've never had any rhyme or reason to what I do during RVS. Sometimes I sheep. Sometimes I just "randomly" vote someone. Sometimes I try to work my way out of RVS quickly. Occasionally I lurk. There's really no thought process behind what goes into my first post (unless I'm replacing into an ongoing game, obviously).

This Tammywagon really bores me. It seems like it's made up almost entirely of people who have nothing better to do with their votes, and are content to just park it there, sheep, or plop down a vote for general scumminess without any real reasoning. I'm not sure there's more than maybe 1 scum on Tammy right now, but I don't think it's a good wagon. Can some of Tammy's wagoners please sum up exactly why the are on her, in an easy-to-find manner?

In fact, I think most of the top three wagons are garbage. I know that Tammy and Tierce aren't good wagons, and I can't really get a good handle on UN's play.

Also, a personal confession. I find myself mentally checking out of almost everything that doesn't relate directly to me. This game has moved at a pretty frantic pace (13 pages in just over a day?), and I don't really have the time or energy to keep up with every little thing right now.

Unvote
Vote: Hinduragi

Sure, why not.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Post by Quilford »

In post 317, Tammy wrote:
Quillford
In You are answering a question about Ludi and his questions. Why did you link to a game that didn't have Ludi in it as a comparison of Ludi's behavior in this game?

It wasn't a comparison, it was an example.

What about your play had been agro up to ?

Post 45.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

Also iirc I thought LLD was town reading through.

I don't really feel that fantastic about this game atm.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Not going in detail on a town read Ludi, especially not one in danger of rope.

I'm assuming when you ask about the Tammy wagon you mean not me Glork.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 317, Tammy wrote:Ludi In the middle of the argument last night, you asked me if I thought Spyrex was scum. Why?

I wanted to know what you thought of the alignment of someone who wanted you lynched. Plus it was a way to get a read out of you at a time you seemed more interested in a 'woe-is-me' path.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

In post 307, dramonic wrote:Oh.
That's the amount of dead people, it's for the Eternal War mechanic.
Or it's very similar to the giant blue number in the corner of the ETERNAL WAR map in the game that increases everytime someone dies.
Technically once we've killed enough people we're gonna go into total chaos, Ashera is gonna awaken and we're gonna all make peace to go whoop her ass.
But that's probably not what's gonna happen here.
But yeah, it's PROBABLY a corpse counter.

Actually, I thought something similar, but more related to the Micaiah win condition of eliminating certain roles, to at least help us know how many of the 'special roles' scum have eliminated.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”