Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:43 am

Post by bvoigt »

Hi, everyone! Please note that my name's spelled bvoigt, without an H.

VOTE: Incognito for being gentle.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:35 am

Post by bvoigt »

Incognito wrote:Anyway, TripMyWire was on around the same time I was earlier this morning and didn't post in the thread despite the fact that the mod sent PMs to everyone saying that the game had started. I thought it was a good choice for a vote as a result.

That's odd.

UNVOTE: Incognito
VOTE: TripMyWire
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:12 am

Post by bvoigt »

Green Crayons wrote:I'm especially curious to know how bvoigt feels about Trip's explanation.

I guess it's reasonable.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:13 am

Post by bvoigt »

BTW, I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not sure about the benefits of nameclaiming.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:48 am

Post by bvoigt »

UNVOTE: TripMyWire
VOTE: camn
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 am

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:
Unvote. Vote camn
I FoS'd camn earlier, now I'm removing my vote from Incog, I thought it would be better placed there.

This explanation gives me a bad gut feeling. Why do you need to mention that you FoS'ed her earlier?

Green Crayons wrote:- Why did you vote Trip in the first place? I'm not asking for the underlying reason (Incog's observation) but for what was your motivation in voting Trip.

Since my previous vote was random, I figured a somewhat serious vote would be more useful and provide more pressure.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Well, I guess the nameclaim point is no longer valid. I don't think it makes Incognito scummy, though. If he's played with camn before, he probably isn't going to bother checking her attitudes toward nameclaim in recent games.

UNVOTE: camn
VOTE: Haylen
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:Someone needs to have his own opinion.

UNVOTE
Vote: bvoigth

Could you explain further?

Pine wrote:I forgot to bookmark this thread, so I didn't realize it was live.

I don't care if you did it as Town. Mass nameclaiming at this point in the day is an anti-Town suggestion. Don't ever do that as Town again.

FOS: Incognito
: Weird first couple of posts, then the dice-rolling to decide who was scummier. Not liking it.

So you're not voting her for being scummy, just doing something anti-town?

UNVOTE: Haylen
VOTE: Pine
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:20 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:
camn wrote:As if I am taking suggestions from YOU regarding what is town play.

My eye sockets cannot contain the depth of my eye rolling.

I'm sorry, we've never played together before. So your vehemence towards me is baffling at the least. Further, I have an excellent record as scum...so if you don't trust my opinion on good Town play, trust it on bad scum play.
bvoigt wrote:
Pine wrote:I forgot to bookmark this thread, so I didn't realize it was live.

I don't care if you did it as Town. Mass nameclaiming at this point in the day is an anti-Town suggestion. Don't ever do that as Town again.

FOS: Incognito
: Weird first couple of posts, then the dice-rolling to decide who was scummier. Not liking it.

So you're not voting her for being scummy, just doing something anti-town?

UNVOTE: Haylen

Interesting. I didn't say that.

PE: Again, what part of calling her anti-Town and voting for her was confusing? By no means do I have certainty of her alignment (I'm not a daycop) but I feel it is the best lead we have right now, IMO. Jumping on bvoigt's lame-but-probably-honest accusation before I had a chance to respond is pretty scummy of
you
though.

So what were you saying? Green Crayons explained it well: it looks like an excuse to vote, rather than real scumhunting.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:I'm pretty sure I didn't stutter. I voted because Camn's actions are anti-Town. (Note for the stupid: "anti-Town" is a synonym for "scummy".)

"Anti-town" is clearly different from "scummy." You obviously don't think the suggestion is a good idea, but what about it makes camn more likely to be scum? You said yourself she's made the suggestion as town.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:26 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:No, I said it's anti-Town, and if she's ever done it as Town, she shouldn't do it again, because it is inherently anti-Town. In other words, it was really bad play when she did it as Town, and just because she's done it before does not excuse her current bout of scummy behavior.

You're still saying that it's really bad play, but I'll ask again: does it make her more likely to be scum?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 am

Post by bvoigt »

No, you haven't.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:
Bvoigt wrote:This explanation gives me a bad gut feeling. Why do you need to mention that you FoS'ed her earlier?

I put that there as an explanation for voting camn, why do you assume that it's ok to vote for people with no reasons attached?

It's not "no reasons" when you've outlined them in previous posts...I find it scummy that you were concerned enough with the appearance of the vote to make sure we knew it wasn't just sheeping. (Not an especially strong tell, but worth mentioning.)

Pine is repeating "it's antitown," but he still can't explain why camn is more likely to be scum.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:Yes, I found Camn's play scummy, most noticeably in the stunningly anti-Town suggestion of a massclaim.

And he
still
can't explain what about it makes her more likely to be scum.

TripMyWire wrote:2. bvoigt stands out to me as somewhat suspicious due to his near-immediate sheeping of Incognito's votes. Incognito votes me, bvoigt votes me. Incognito votes camn, bvoigt votes camn in his next post. Incognito votes Haylen, bvoigt votes Haylen. camn then points this out and bvoigt immediately votes someone else. Hmmmm. May not be a scumtell, but when it's pointed out that he's sheeping he asks camn to elaborate, but within that same post he switches it to someone else without waiting for an answer. Almost seems like he was caught being naughty, doing something he knew he shouldn't have been doing.

I did happen to follow Incognito's votes, but he was bringing up the most information early in the game. Then, since you and camn explained yourself well, I voted Haylen, but the reasons were not the same as Incognito's. My reasons for suspecting Pine were stronger than my Haylen suspicions, so I switched to him.

BTW, with the exception of Green Crayons-town, TripMyWire hasn't taken any strong stances this game. He uses qualifier-like phrases to keep his options open:

TripMyWire wrote:3. The thing that stood out to me the most so far this game, however, was Pine's opening post.
Pine wrote:I don't care if you did it as Town. Mass nameclaiming at this point in the day is an anti-Town suggestion. Don't ever do that as Town again.
When I first read it I thought I caught a whiff of scum due to the content as well as the tone. The last sentence initially struck me as some kind of a slip... and it just doesn't sit right with me.
The more I think about it, however, the less scummy I feel with it
... mostly because of the way that quote started saying "IF you did it as Town." It's just kind of a gut thing at the moment.

TripMyWire wrote:
Incognito wrote:bvoigt <-> Pine seems like nothing more than a semantics disagreement. That said, I don't see what Trip and Green Crayons are seeing about Pine's "slip"; I don't think Pine's use of the word "if" there is exactly the same way Trip has described it.

What I was trying to say was that it makes it seem like it was less of a slip as the 'slip' sentence was following from his "IF" scenario... however, I now realize that he was referring to camn's previous suggestions of name claiming when she was town in another game. So now I believe I misunderstood what he said, and that affects my opinion on him... but
I'm not ruling out that it wasn't a slip
. [snip]
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:
Bvoigt wrote:Then, since you and camn explained yourself well, I voted Haylen, but the reasons were not the same as Incognito's.

See this is why I find it scummy when people don't explain their votes. It means they can't avoid being called out on buddying or sheeping which is what Bvoigt has done here. He's failed to explain why he voted me in an earlier post, has been called out for sheeping everything Incog says and can now say that his reasons were completely different and make them up.

This is why I voted for you (in ISO #6), taken from ISO #5:

bvoigt wrote:
Haylen wrote:
Unvote. Vote camn
I FoS'd camn earlier, now I'm removing my vote from Incog, I thought it would be better placed there.

This explanation gives me a bad gut feeling. Why do you need to mention that you FoS'ed her earlier?

@BM: Why the Incognito vote? Also, why do you ask about me and Yos in particular?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 am

Post by bvoigt »

PeregrineV wrote:@Battle- Today, right now, I would be against a lynching of me, Green Crayons, Incog, or Haylen. And your Incog vote doesn't make a lot sense. Can you provide further insight about your decision making process in that regard?

@Green- Umm, there is a reason all the crossed out crap was crossed out. That was a semi-sarcastic response to Magua.

Why are you against a Haylen lynch?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #16) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:23 am

Post by bvoigt »

Wait a second. Peregrine has been voting Haylen almost the entire game (despite admitting that the case on her is "very weak," and saying the vote was for "discussion's sake"). Sounds like a contradiction to me. Plus, a quick ISO reveals that he's hardly done any scumhunting.

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: PeregrineV
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:43 am

Post by bvoigt »

PeregrineV wrote:@Bvoight- Currently, seems town enough to not hang day1.

Any specific reasons? Also, if you did have to identify some scumreads, who would you say?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #18) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

PeregrineV wrote:@bvoigt- last two posts mainly. Although will continue to expect more. As for scumreads...let's say Magua, Pine and MehPlusRawr for now.

What's your reasoning?

The entirety of Trip's latest post seems to be fencesitting. :igmeou:

TripMyWire wrote:I said I wasn’t entirely sure what to think at that time.

TripMyWire wrote:As for bvoigt, I found his sheeping suspicious, but I didn’t think he was scum just because of that.

TripMyWire wrote:I don’t believe, as you’re claiming, that I had strong points against any of those three.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #19) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:14 am

Post by bvoigt »

TripMyWire wrote:Those are all in the past tense. In the entirety of that last post I was explaining a previous post to Yosarian, which you already pointed out for the fence-sitting-ness... so now you're just kinda repeating yourself using the same info even though things have since changed. Again, I was asked for observations so I gave them. In fact, that last quote of mine you gave was deliberately saying so... you're not really saying anything new.

I guess, but the point is still relevant and valid.

TripMyWire wrote:In that last post I also said how I felt currently about those issues which ceases the fence-sitting-ness.

You did? I know you said camn wasn't scummy, but you never explicitly called her town. And you didn't say anything about my alignment, or Pine's alignment.

PeregrineV wrote:@Bvoigt- gut, guess, lurker

You certainly don't have strong reads, and you're not doing much scumhunting, either-- mostly just responding to cases and questions against you, without asking any questions to get reads on other players. I'm not seeing the pro-town motivation here.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 am

Post by bvoigt »

I'm not really seeing the Yos case. He's probable town at this point. What do you guys think of Peregrine?

What sort of deal?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:42 am

Post by bvoigt »

PeregrineV wrote:@bvoigt- I spend hours examining all posts in minute detail, and vote someone, you vote with me. And if we hit scum day1, you vote with me the rest of the game!
Otherwise, analysis starts as we get more data, and as the game progesses, like in a normal game.

Er...even if you did hit scum Day 1, it could still be bussing. Couldn't you examine posts closely without my guarantee of voting with you?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

PeregrineV wrote:@bvoigt- What tends to happen is that I vote the person I find scummiest, while everyone piles on a town mislynch. Then, the next day, I get accused of Nader voting since I did want to lynch the guy because all the cases were not really lynch worthy.

But, if good things happen then maybe I'll do it anyway.

Why bother bussing day1? Actually, why bother bussing at all? I've only ever seen it happen accidently- never by design.

If I agreed to follow your plan, it would be a perfect situation to bus, since I'd be following your vote for the rest of the game.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

Magua makes a good point in #230. I'm still happy with my Peregrine vote.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:54 am

Post by bvoigt »

@Peregrine: I don't see how that's a misrep at all. First you said Pine was a scum read, and then you said he was null.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:38 am

Post by bvoigt »

PeregrineV wrote:@Camn- Yes, that is the purpose of words. That's why I said "on purpose". That's why I didn't say "on accident".

PeregrineV wrote:Relevant posts from the link you posted that shows it was not
on purpose
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:58 am

Post by bvoigt »

Most of those points about Battle Mage are pretty "meh" to me. However, I think the thing about never explaining his Peregrine vote is a good catch. And BM just kind of laughs it off without actually addressing the real point. Why
did
you originally vote Peregrine?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 am

Post by bvoigt »

I believe PeregrineV is at L-1 right now. I'm happy with this lynch, but would like to hear from Fugitive first.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:37 am

Post by bvoigt »

When I have more time, I'll look over interactions with BM.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 am

Post by bvoigt »

Incognito wrote:Reading back on BM, what the heck was he talking about here:

Battle Mage (bolded color is my emphasis) wrote:Medicated Lain is also scum. the "digging for gold where there was none" seems to put the emphasis not on the action of digging for gold, but on the (unfortunate?) fact that there was no role to be fished. Every cloud has a silver lining eh? Nice to see another
mislynch
lined up.
Am I reading that incorrectly or is that a real slip?

I think you're right about this. So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM. I also get town vibes from camn and Haylen (mostly because of post #10). That leaves Fugitive, Pine, and TripMyWire.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:UNVOTE: Incognito

VOTE: bvoigt

bvoigt wrote:I think you're right about this. So Green Crayons, Medicated Lain, Incognito, and Yosarian2 are likely town due to interactions with BM. I also get town vibes from camn and Haylen (mostly because of post #10). That leaves Fugitive, Pine, and TripMyWire.

Now this is DEFINITELY a scum post. Riding off another player to elimination some scum from an imaginary scum team, then just randomly clearing a couple other people to PoE a scum-team out of fucking no where. This reads to me a lot like he knows Incog is town and is trying to join with him to grab a couple mislynches.

What are you talking about ("imaginary scum team")? I eliminated a few players due to interactions with flipped scum, and two more players that have given me town reads due to their play in general.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #31) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:You made a scum team by some magical process in which you eliminated players for no reason rather than a process where you added players for being scummy.

I guess "imaginary" scum team isn't the right word, and I'm having trouble articulating it, but it's kind of like a fake scum team because you made it through means besides putting people on a team for scummy actions.

I didn't eliminate players without a reason. I eliminated them because they have a low chance of being scum. Also, if you've read my ISO, I already found Pine and Trip scummy.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #32) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:Well you didn't give a reason for eliminating the first four except "I agree with Incog" and then you just said you thought Haylen and camn were town without elaborating. So from my point of view you gave literally zero reasoning behind anything you did in that post.

And I haven't read your ISO yet, but I still intend to. We'll see if anything turns up.

It might not have been all that clear, but "I think you're right about this" was only referring to the slip that Incognito caught indicating Medicated Lain was town. I think Yos, GC, and Incognito are town because they either attacked or were attacked heavily by Battle Mage.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 am

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:So bussing doesn't exist?

Of course it does...we discussed this on Day 1. That doesn't mean these particular interactions were bussing.

Green Crayons wrote:That is, "due to interactions with BM" is not reasoning, it's an empty phrase that could be easily applied as-is to any player. Please explain how these four player's interactions are likely town because of their BM interactions.

You made a pretty big case on him in ISO #21, pointing out some buddying that was almost too blatant to be scum-on-scum, and not the type of thing a scumbuddy would likely point out. And when BM responded, he didn't actually address all the points in detail. He basically just laughed at your accusations of delaying explanations and buddying.

In BM's ISO #6, he called Medicated Lain a mislynch, and I think it was a legitimate slip.

Yosarian2 kind of explained this already, but BM was trying to get Incognito lynched early in the day, and then when Yos defended Incognito, and attacked Trip (who was also voting Incog), BM tried to get him lynched as well. To me, this says that Yos was a townie standing in the way of a mislynch.

Hmm...actually, when I think about it, it might have been a chainsaw defense. Yos voted TripMyWire in post #172, and then in BM's next post, he FoSed Yos (and then voted him on the next page):

Battle Mage wrote:I suppose i'll offer a courtesy
FoS: Yosarian2
for inconsistency of argument. Why are you attacking Tripmywire for something (admittedly i hadnt noticed this) that i am equally guilty of? I'm not buying the point about Camn either. Sure, he isnt coming over as an inspired scumhunter, but Tripmywire certainly seems like a well-intentioned townie to me.

UNVOTE: Pine
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #34) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:45 am

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:And you guys are making far too big a deal of this (@everyone). I'm not like full out attacking Incog.
It was just something I noticed.
That 3/4-5 of the reads he gave in the post were qualified with something he could maybe use to turn those reads around later. Hell,
maybe fencesitting is town
because being unsure of reads is sometimes a town quality given that scum KNOW alignments. Of course,
I still don't like it
, and I stand by the fact that it's fencesitting, but I'm honestly surprised how much of a stir this caused and it seems to be distracting from other issues.

This post is just as fencesit-y as Incognito's post, in my opinion. "It was just something I noticed-- I don't like it, but it might actually be a towntell."
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #35) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:Also.. BVOIT: I need to get in your head. Are you willing to dance?

OK....
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:@BVOIGHT:
Some questions: who is the #1 town player in this game?

Probably Green Crayons. I was leaning town on him on Day 1, and his interactions with BM reinforce that read.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:if you had to finger a serial killer, who would it be? (not that I am implying there is or isnt one)

Hmm...I'd say Yosarian2. The BM kill would make sense for him, and ISO #11 could be an overreaction of someone who needs to stay alive to win.

Haylen wrote:I notice a distinct lack of reasoning from Bvoigt, again. See my previous posts on why this irritates me/why I find it scummy.

On Day 1, I didn't have an exact reason to lean town on him, but he gave off a vibe of sincere scumhunting. I talked about interactions with BM in #352.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 am

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:And if you could daykill right now, who would it be?

Trip, since he's my strongest scumread at this point.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:47 am

Post by bvoigt »

I'll be V/LA from the 2nd through the 4th.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

Incognito wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:On both D1 and D2 bvoigt was accused of following your lead. Thoughts?

It's something I've been keeping an eye on since I've been suckered by that kind of stuff by scum before, but I think it's almost been too blatant to be coming from scum. Peregrine did similar when he voted Haylen after I did in one of his first posts, and I remember initially thinking that seemed kind of townish of him too.

You ended up voting Peregrine on Day 1, though. Why?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:28 am

Post by bvoigt »

For a friendly prod, that was pretty painful.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

Does anyone know what alignment Fugitive prefers?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by bvoigt »

@Lain: I agree that Trip and BM are likely buddies.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:17 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:No, I don't think I will elaborate. I talked about Incog a while back, and he's done nothing either way to sway me. I believe in sticking with early reads and not second- and third- and fourth-guessing them unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

All I've really seen in your ISO about Incognito is that his first couple posts were "weird," and he used the dice tags to decide who to vote. Also, what happened to your suspicions of camn?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #45) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

bvoigt wrote:
Pine wrote:No, I don't think I will elaborate. I talked about Incog a while back, and he's done nothing either way to sway me. I believe in sticking with early reads and not second- and third- and fourth-guessing them unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

All I've really seen in your ISO about Incognito is that his first couple posts were "weird," and he used the dice tags to decide who to vote. Also, what happened to your suspicions of camn?

@Pine: Is this a correct summary of your Incog suspicions? What are your current thoughts on camn?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:10 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:What part of "I don't feel like explaining" confused you? I'm not actually entirely sure WHY I suspect Incog any more, as in I'm having a difficult time pinpointing it. It's a general pattern of slight, restrained scumminess, painted across all of his posts, that is getting to me. I honestly can't put my finger on it. Call it an extremely strong gut reaction or hunch, if you want.

Camn...I'm conflicted on. I'm having a difficult time reading her. My Day 1 suspicions were genuine, but I think I held onto them far too long and too stubbornly. It's clouding my judgment where she's concerned, and she ocillates between leaning Town and leaning scum around the neutral section of my scumdar. If I were a cop (spoiler! I'm not) I'd investigate her.

Well, I don't see you making any effort to pinpoint why you suspect Incog, or improve your read on camn. You haven't asked them, or anyone else really, many questions, and don't seem to be making any sort of pro-town effort.

Pine wrote:Also, I don't see the case on Trip. Can someone explain it to me?

On Day 1, Trip did a lot of fencesitting, and I believe that BM chainsaw defended him.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Pine wrote:That's a pretty good summation of my feelings on Incog.

Wow, really? You're not sure why you suspect Incog, and then as soon as camn makes a case on him, you simply say you agree with her.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:36 am

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:@bvoigt - your read on Pine?

I think he's scum. To an extent, his actions just look like laziness, but I think a townie would be trying to make an effort to ask questions, improve reads, make cases, etc.

I'm not supporting an Incog lynch; the reasons in this post still make me think he's town.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 am

Post by bvoigt »

Prod dodge. I'm still happy with a Trip lynch.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine...you can see the "why" in most of my recent posts.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #51) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:22 am

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:
Vote Bvoigt

Prod dodge? Not even an attempt at being useful?

There were only 1.5 pages between my posts, and I just didn't have anything new to comment on.

TripMyWire wrote:Hi guys. Sorry, busy weekend.
I'm leaning towards an Incognito lynch.
In addition to why I voted him day 1, I believe his determination to lynch Thor's slot was scummy. It's a way to narrow down the town without raising too many flags. It's a safe move for scum to make since at that time there were no solid scum suspects, yet plenty of fingers being pointed... it would have been an easy way to get a kill without revealing as much information as would be revealed if a more prominent participant were lynched. He didn't seem willing at all to wait around for Thor to get a word in either.
The thing that is keeping me from voting for him is what Yosarian pointed out in 475.
It makes me hesitate a bit... but BM was so fickle in his actions that I believe it definitely could have been distancing from Incognito. Maybe he overdid it a little? Incognito wasn't in terrible danger of being lynched at that time at all so it seems it was pretty safe for him to do that.

This is exactly why I find Trip's fencesitting scummy...he voices support of Incognito, but doesn't vote him, and leaves his options open a little longer. Now that he's seen that Incognito does have a good chance of getting lynched, he finally places a vote on him.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #52) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

TripMyWire wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Now that he's seen that Incognito does have a good chance of getting lynched, he finally places a vote on him.

No, that's not the situation at all. It WOULD have been the case if I voted for him back in the post you quoted. However since that post many votes on him have been removed. (Though it's been kind of hard to keep track of votes without an official vote count.) The "good chance" was over by the time I made my vote so I don't see how that helps your argument.

Hmm, I guess you're right about this...more people have unvoted Incog than I thought.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

Also, I guess you
can
post your role PM in this game.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:33 am

Post by bvoigt »

(Response to this post.)

I did follow a couple of Incognito's votes early in the game, but I had no other non-random reasons to make votes (which is why I kept a vote on Trip), and the information he presented was from outside sources. I also don't see the problem with "vote hopping"-- I unvoted both Trip and camn because, like you said, they explained themselves reasonably.

I don't agree at all that my Pine vote was weaker than my vote on you (in fact, you said yourself that it was "another weak argument"), nor do I agree that scummy actions haven't happened by Page 4.

You're right that I didn't explain fully why Lain, Yos, GC, and Incog were likely town due to interactions. But it's silly to say that I can't defend or explain myself when I did, here.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #55) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:44 am

Post by bvoigt »

You mean keeping a vote on Trip when his explanation was reasonable? As I said, I had no real non-random reasons to vote at that time.

If you're referring to the meta case on camn, she explained that she had also suggested a nameclaim as town. And I still see that reason as a genuine scumtell, not semantics. Also, I don't remember other specific posts. Here's what you quoted and said:

Haylen wrote:
Bvoigt wrote:I think Yos, GC, and Incognito are town because they either attacked or were attacked heavily by Battle Mage.

Heard of bussing? Scum like doing that on Day One. Says particular actions weren't bussing, what particular actions?

I am noticing from Bvoigt that he likes to say things, and make decisions, but he doesn't like to elaborate on them, which is scummy because it allows him to look like he is scumhunting but when asked to defend himself or explain himself, he can't. OH HEY, he did it when asked for it, but most of that post was based of what other people had already said.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 am

Post by bvoigt »

Sorry GC, but I just don't find most of those points all that convincing. For example, it's true that Yos has defended Incognito heavily-- but it's been so blatant that I don't really see the scum motivation for it. If they are scum together, the link between them is far more detrimental than the benefits of defending each other. And if Yos is scum and Incog is town, wouldn't it be far easier to help push the mislynch than try and stop it? However, there was one point that I did find interesting:

Green Crayons wrote:(3) In defending Incog, Yos conjures up this serving of congealed scumminess plucked from the lush fields of scumdom: “Inconstancy [GC note: “inconsistency”] is a town tell.” Uh… no. Inconsistency is a scum tell. It’s how you catch scum in lies. Oh yeah – he also used “inconsistency” (because it’s suspicious, see?) as one of his reasons to vote Pere. Hey, that’s inconsistent in and of itself! I think we may have entered into the meta-zone.

One of his reasons for voting Peregrine was "calling Haylen town while still voting for her." To me, this is an accusation of inconsistency with reads...a vote on a town read. But, like you said, Yos believes that inconsistency is a town tell. I feel like he may have been trying to push the mislynch of PereV with poor reasoning.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #57) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

@Yos: I guess that makes sense. (Also, I didn't realize inconstancy was a real word.)
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 am

Post by bvoigt »

Pine, why didn't you end up hammering?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:55 am

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:I don't hammer people when I'm convinced another person is scum. Hence my lack of hammer yesterday

You preferred a no-lynch over hammering Trip?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Also, I'll be V/LA from the 23rd through the 31st, and might not have Internet access.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (isolation #61) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 am

Post by bvoigt »

Medicated Lain wrote:@incog: I voted for you because it was an option.

The fact is, I do think that one of either incog or camn is probably scum. I would be down with lynching either or right now. Trip is going up and up on this list, because
I'm just not seeing any real motives behind ideas
... but this is more as ineffective town, rather than scummy actions... given that we are day three, we need to be taking lynches seriously. I do also agree that pine is incredibly scummy. I would prefer over anyone, to lynch in that direction, I think there's a high chance of hitting scum, but no one else seems to agree.

So... @town. Top 3 candidates, and why?

What do you mean by the bolded? My top 2 are still Trip and Pine, but I'm not really sure about the 3rd. Yosarian, maybe.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #62) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:16 am

Post by bvoigt »

TripMyWire wrote:Oy. I see what you mean.

Do you have a legitimate response to Thor's case?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:50 am

Post by bvoigt »

VOTE: xofelf

Pine's non-hammer seems pretty bad now that Trip has flipped scum.

@camn: If you're deciding whether to claim that result or not, I guess it depends on whom you targeted and who targeted them. I would guess the remaining scum is a power role, but we also might have one more town PR.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:42 am

Post by bvoigt »

Well, I'm Blind Mag, Jailkeeper. Flavor says that tonight is my final performance, but the spotlight has been stolen from me by an invasion of scum. I'm going to do my best to stop them so I can sing my last song.

I've been using my ability mostly as a protect. As camn said, I targeted Green Crayons Night 1. On Night 2, I targeted Yosarian2, and on Night 3, Incognito. I've been switching it up so that if anyone was a power role, they wouldn't be permanently roleblocked. I guess it backfired in this case.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:To clarify - how does flavor explain Mag JKing?

I'm really not sure; the flavor I paraphrased was all I got. Maybe the "stop them" part refers to roleblocking the scum and/or stopping their kill.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (isolation #66) » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:51 am

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:Describe the roleblock effect - I may have been stupid earlier, but I wish to make sure.

What do you mean, describe the effect? Like any other jailkeeper, I will prevent my target from being killed, but also cause any action they use to fail.

Haylen wrote:Why did camn and Bvoight claim, anyway? I'm not getting that?

It seemed like we both had good reason to claim...she appeared to have role-related information on me, and I needed to explain why I targeted GC.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (isolation #67) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:36 am

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:Also it's probably mylo though with some debate if you think we have a Vig or SK.

I'm thinking mass claim is the way to go - thoughts?

I would be in favor of it. The amount of power we have (Bodyguard, Masons, Watcher probably, Jailkeeper) seems to fit better with a SK than a vig.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:32 am

Post by bvoigt »

Still happy with my xofelf vote.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (isolation #69) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:25 am

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:In a world where you admit we are PR heavy why are you focused on xofelf?

Incognito is one of the two other PR claims, and he's obviously town.

And camn's role is pretty much confirmed. Her alignment is not, but a scum watcher doesn't really make sense with the two goon flips. I would assume they have a rolecop, roleblocker, ninja, etc.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #70) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:11 am

Post by bvoigt »

Thor665 wrote:@bvoight - conidering your protect of Yos potentially saved him from the SK - why didn't you protect him twice?

Well, who knows if the SK would target the same player 2 nights in a row when it failed the first time, and I didn't want to risk roleblocking a town power role 2 nights in a row.

Haylen wrote:Are you denying that there are some scum roles that cannot be targetted? Why volunteer such WIFOMy information.

Like what?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #71) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:02 am

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:Nobody else was claiming names.

^ Opportunistic vote noted.

I'm Marni Wallace.

Who didn't?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:31 am

Post by bvoigt »

bvoigt wrote:
Haylen wrote:Nobody else was claiming names.

Who didn't?

Serious question, BTW.

xofelf wrote:I realize that Pine's play doesn't lend any confidence in anything i do. So why would i claim to be something i'm not since i know Pine posted scummy all the time he was here and you all want to lynch me for it.
If you feel you must lynch me, fine. You're lynching more town.

This seems like a scum reaction to me. Like Thor said, you're not trying to help the town by giving your reads before you die...all you're trying to do here is stay alive.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:@@bvoit: we solid on our night actions? Let's plan.

The plan is for me to jailkeep either Haylen or xofelf, right?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:19 am

Post by bvoigt »

So, I'm mafia. Here's why I should win instead of Haylen: she may have been protown with her scumhunting of BM and me, but her refusal to hammer Trip may have cost town the win. And I pulled out a decent fakeclaim when camn saw me target GC. Also, Thor is a sexy beast.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #75) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:19 am

Post by bvoigt »

VOTE: Haylen
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #76) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by bvoigt »

:cry:
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (isolation #77) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 am

Post by bvoigt »

InflatablePie wrote:Any objections to posting scum/Mason QTs?

None here.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 am

Post by bvoigt »

TripMyWire wrote:Oh, and Battle Mage: It seems like you took offense by what we said after you died. We weren't blaming you... you really didn't do anything wrong. We were blaming your death which was out of your control. Haylen really crippled our chances during night 1 when she killed you.

Yeah, I was just joking.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”