Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Incognito »

I like how Medicated Lain is attacking me for something that Trip, not me, is guilty of.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Medicated Lain wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town.
He's being pretty silly right now
but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM,
but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn
looks the shadiest to me
of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

I've bolded the contradictory parts of your reads for you since you're not being intellectually honest (which is typically a scum trait). They're all lines that you could fall back on to change those reads if necessary. "Yeah, I called Pine town but he's so silly maybe I was wrong." "Yeah, Haylen might be town but her analysis might be bad and therefore scum." "camn looks the shadiest of those people, sure, but that doesn't make her shadier than the people off the wagon."

Understand now? Good.

I'll look around for more after work, if I can't find any I'll concede your point to a single fluke post.

ML, Fugitive, none of that is at all contradictory or lacking in "intellectual honesty". He called pine town, flat out. ("Silly" is not a scumtell.) He wants to hear Haylen finish her analysis, but thinks she could be town based on interactions with BM. And he looked at the wagon on PeV to see if he could find scum on it, since you usually have some scum on a wagon whenver a townie gets lynched, and came to the conclusion that camn is the scummiest looking person on the wagon.

All of that makes sense, and none of that is at all contradictory. You guys are really reaching here, especially since, as I already explained, there is no way that Incognito was scum with BM, considering the interactions yesterday.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:42 am

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:So bussing doesn't exist?

Of course it does...we discussed this on Day 1. That doesn't mean these particular interactions were bussing.

Green Crayons wrote:That is, "due to interactions with BM" is not reasoning, it's an empty phrase that could be easily applied as-is to any player. Please explain how these four player's interactions are likely town because of their BM interactions.

You made a pretty big case on him in ISO #21, pointing out some buddying that was almost too blatant to be scum-on-scum, and not the type of thing a scumbuddy would likely point out. And when BM responded, he didn't actually address all the points in detail. He basically just laughed at your accusations of delaying explanations and buddying.

In BM's ISO #6, he called Medicated Lain a mislynch, and I think it was a legitimate slip.

Yosarian2 kind of explained this already, but BM was trying to get Incognito lynched early in the day, and then when Yos defended Incognito, and attacked Trip (who was also voting Incog), BM tried to get him lynched as well. To me, this says that Yos was a townie standing in the way of a mislynch.

Hmm...actually, when I think about it, it might have been a chainsaw defense. Yos voted TripMyWire in post #172, and then in BM's next post, he FoSed Yos (and then voted him on the next page):

Battle Mage wrote:I suppose i'll offer a courtesy
FoS: Yosarian2
for inconsistency of argument. Why are you attacking Tripmywire for something (admittedly i hadnt noticed this) that i am equally guilty of? I'm not buying the point about Camn either. Sure, he isnt coming over as an inspired scumhunter, but Tripmywire certainly seems like a well-intentioned townie to me.

UNVOTE: Pine
VOTE: TripMyWire
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:07 am

Post by camn »

I'm not throwing my vote around, Incog.
You know I always have a plan :)

Ready to go home now...
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Fugitive »

Incog wrote:what I mean is you look like you haven't really read the game

Well that's because I haven't read most of the game. I told you that a few posts above. I'm getting my reads right now.

Yosarian2 wrote:
Medicated Lain wrote:
Fugitive wrote:
Incog wrote:Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town.
He's being pretty silly right now
but town.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM,
but I want to see her finish that analysis.

camn
looks the shadiest to me
of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon.

I've bolded the contradictory parts of your reads for you since you're not being intellectually honest (which is typically a scum trait). They're all lines that you could fall back on to change those reads if necessary. "Yeah, I called Pine town but he's so silly maybe I was wrong." "Yeah, Haylen might be town but her analysis might be bad and therefore scum." "camn looks the shadiest of those people, sure, but that doesn't make her shadier than the people off the wagon."

Understand now? Good.

I'll look around for more after work, if I can't find any I'll concede your point to a single fluke post.

ML, Fugitive, none of that is at all contradictory or lacking in "intellectual honesty".

That wasn't the post I was claiming was intellectually dishonest. I was calling the fact that he denied fencesitting intellectually dishonest.

And you guys are making far too big a deal of this (@everyone). I'm not like full out attacking Incog. It was just something I noticed. That 3/4-5 of the reads he gave in the post were qualified with something he could maybe use to turn those reads around later. Hell, maybe fencesitting is town because being unsure of reads is sometimes a town quality given that scum KNOW alignments. Of course, I still don't like it, and I stand by the fact that it's fencesitting, but I'm honestly surprised how much of a stir this caused and it seems to be distracting from other issues.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Haylen »

My apologies guys, I've but ears deep in drama the past few days but at least I've passed the first year of Uni! :D Anywho, I am getting to the analysises, but my mind is currently bamboozled with trying to organise everything and prioritise. The second installment will definately come though, if I leave you hanging, you can hang me.

I'm not surprised that BM flipped scum, if I'm honest, he was giving me strange vibes as I mentioned plus I found his play really weird which I should have mentioned earlier but I got wrapped up in doing my reads on Pere and Pine. Peregrin flipped town, this doesn't give me much faith in my own reads <_<

Anyone else think the attacking of Incog might have been bussing?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:45 am

Post by bvoigt »

Fugitive wrote:And you guys are making far too big a deal of this (@everyone). I'm not like full out attacking Incog.
It was just something I noticed.
That 3/4-5 of the reads he gave in the post were qualified with something he could maybe use to turn those reads around later. Hell,
maybe fencesitting is town
because being unsure of reads is sometimes a town quality given that scum KNOW alignments. Of course,
I still don't like it
, and I stand by the fact that it's fencesitting, but I'm honestly surprised how much of a stir this caused and it seems to be distracting from other issues.

This post is just as fencesit-y as Incognito's post, in my opinion. "It was just something I noticed-- I don't like it, but it might actually be a towntell."
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Incognito »

bvoigt covered a lot of my thought process in his 352. I too could get behind a Trip-wagon, no doubt.

camn wrote:Ready to go home now...
So...

@Haylen: What makes you think BM was attempting to bus me?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 am

Post by camn »

I am starting to get with Haylen's theory on BM/INCOG scum pair.

Incog: your initial 'real vote' on trip my wire.... I have some questions.
a) you have used this early-real-vote to break the RVS before, iirc. DO you strategically use it to gain town cred?
b) I notice tripwire posted well before Battlemage this game... yet you only had comments for tripwire. Why is this? (I already know the answer, so be honest)

Also.. BVOIT: I need to get in your head. Are you willing to dance?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Haylen wrote:
Anyone else think the attacking of Incog might have been bussing?

No, it doesn't fit.

When you're distancing, you want to make a lot of obvious sound and noise to create fake hostility between you and your buddy. You don't want to try to undermine a third person making a defense to your scumbuddy, because you don't actually want your buddy to get lynched, you just want it to look like he's not your buddy.

On another note, I agree with bvoigt that tripmywire makes sense as a buddy of Battle Mage.
unvote
Vote:Tripmywire
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:Also.. BVOIT: I need to get in your head. Are you willing to dance?

OK....
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:14 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

camn wrote:
Also.. BVOIT: I need to get in your head. Are you willing to dance?

Depending on tone of voice, that comment could either be a creepy threat from the Joker, or a somewhat unusual proposition.

(Alternate punchline: "He's actually pretty good at the mamba, but he needs to work on his tango.")
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

Post by InflatablePie »

D2 VC #2 - The Warm Scalpel Votecount

Incognito (2) - Pine, Medicated Lain
bvoigt (2) - Fugitive, camn
Trip (2) - bvoigt, Yosarian2
Pine (1) - Trip
Fugitive (1) - Incognito
Not Voting (2) - Green Crayons, Haylen

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 5 to No Lynch.
Deadline is July 16th at 11pm Eastern.
Please notify me of any votecount mistakes.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Incognito »

camn wrote:a) you have used this early-real-vote to break the RVS before, iirc. DO you strategically use it to gain town cred?
I don't know. I mean, you can look at my past scum games to see if I've done something like that before as scum, and iirc correctly, I don't think I have.

camn wrote:b) I notice tripwire posted well before Battlemage this game... yet you only had comments for tripwire. Why is this? (I already know the answer, so be honest)
Uh, because Trip was the only one in this game who I had seen on the "Who's Online" list? I don't really get the point of this question.

I'm honestly surprised that you're claiming to buy into that BM/me-scum theory. You of all people should know that this is definitely my town play here. Why haven't you been lurker-hunting?

In other news, it'd be nice if people other than Yos2 and bvoigt would post already. This game's way too quiet.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Prodding Pine and Trip.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Pine »

Gah. I'm awake I swear.

Been paying attention, just not had comments come to me. I'll find some time to read through and update.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 am

Post by camn »

Incog- I am not looking for a hook, I just wonder if you intentionally do that because you think it is good town play.
I, for instance, have been trying to exit the RVS lately, because I think it is good town play, regardless of alignment.
THe point was, I was wondering if you went LOOKING for people who were avoiding the thread, or if you just happend to notice one.

And my followup is: do you always check the 'whos online' thing? And do you know TripWire from somewhere, or did you actually compare the playerlist to the online-list?

@BVOIGHT:
Some questions: who is the #1 town player in this game?
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 am

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:@BVOIGHT:
Some questions: who is the #1 town player in this game?

Probably Green Crayons. I was leaning town on him on Day 1, and his interactions with BM reinforce that read.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:10 am

Post by camn »

if you had to finger a serial killer, who would it be? (not that I am implying there is or isnt one)
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Incognito »

Is it just me or did the font size change?

camn, yes, I always try to exit random voting as quickly as possible because yes, I do think it's good town play.

As for your other questions, yes, I pretty much always actively check the "who's online" thing whenever I'm on. I've never met TripMyWire before this game; I just so happened to notice that he was online, then he disappeared, and then he didn't post in this thread. None of the other people in this game were online at that time, so I'm sure you could see how sketchy it might have looked from my perspective to notice someone from this game being online but who was putting off posting for whatever reason especially since the mod sent all of us reminder PMs about the game's start.

camn wrote:if you had to finger a serial killer, who would it be? (not that I am implying there is or isnt one)
Seriously, what's the point of this question?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Incognito »

For instance, I know that right now Haylen's online and that she's online pretty often too. That's one of the things I find most frustrating about her; it's like she's always claiming to be knee-deep in work or something else but yet she's constantly online and posting everywhere else but her actual games.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Fugitive »

Incognito wrote:For instance, I know that right now Haylen's online and that she's online pretty often too. That's one of the things I find most frustrating about her; it's like she's always claiming to be knee-deep in work or something else but yet she's constantly online and posting everywhere else but her actual games.

People like you are why I hide my online status.

-----

Pine is town. Yay!

camn is playing differently from her town meta in the one game we've played together.

I'm excited for when Trip gets back so I can see him in action. At this moment his wagon is meaningless to me.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 am

Post by camn »

Its just that my life is in shambles these last few weeks, Fugitive. Ill be back.

@Incog: Hush. Let Bvoight and I dance without cutting in.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Haylen »

Posting actual content takes a lot out of me, and Student Finance England are being dickholes. I don't stay hidden online because I know at least one person will comment on it in game and it makes me lol and frustrates that person. What's interesting though is that you haven't accused me outright of active lurking, merely danced around it a bit. Why is this?

I wouldn't call the MPR slot scummy just because MPR didn't post anything. It would have been scummy if he was posting every three days to avoid replacement, but he didn't, he just flaked there are any number of reasons a player would do that. I find it scummy that you're instantly suggesting that that situation would make another player scummy, Yos, you should know better. No info from a slot isn't scummy, it's null.

Why is camn looking shady today, Incog?

Yos, are you taking into account that both Incog and BM are experienced scum players and would know what we would consider to be bussing/town interactions?

Pine wrote:Been paying attention, just not had comments come to me. I'll find some time to read through and update.

Huh? Seriously?

What do people think of the Magua kill?

@ Fugitive on Incog's inconsistancies (I'd read that as fense sitting personally but meh) - I'm reading what your saying there as quite a big load of reaching.

Fugitive wrote:
Not feeling the Pine-hate; I think he's likely town. He's being pretty silly right now but town. <-- Wait and observe to see if his opinion changes.

Sadly, Haylen could possibly be town too based on interactions with BM, but I want to see her finish that analysis. <-- Wait and observe again.

camn looks the shadiest to me of the people who were on the PeregrineV-town wagon. <-- Ask WHY she's the shadiest.

Don't automatically put things down as inconsistancies/fence sitting. Good things come to those who wait and question others. *nods*

I notice a distinct lack of reasoning from Bvoigt, again. See my previous posts on why this irritates me/why I find it scummy.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by bvoigt »

camn wrote:if you had to finger a serial killer, who would it be? (not that I am implying there is or isnt one)

Hmm...I'd say Yosarian2. The BM kill would make sense for him, and ISO #11 could be an overreaction of someone who needs to stay alive to win.

Haylen wrote:I notice a distinct lack of reasoning from Bvoigt, again. See my previous posts on why this irritates me/why I find it scummy.

On Day 1, I didn't have an exact reason to lean town on him, but he gave off a vibe of sincere scumhunting. I talked about interactions with BM in #352.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”