Mini 1186: Repo! The Genetic Mafia - Game Over!

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Incognito »

You wanted to lynch me Yesterday? That's news to me. I'd say I know exactly nothing about your suspicions right now, Haylen. You've been keeping us waiting and waiting and waiting for you to produce this brilliant insight about the whole entire game that you were supposed to produce pages ago, and you vote bvoigt for a single prod dodge post? And claim that you've been wanting to lynch me for a long while now? Hahaha.

bvoigt ain't getting lynched Today and Pine ain't getting lynched Today either. So both Lain and Haylen need to park their votes on someone who will. And at Haylen specifically, you should really hurry up with your analysis already. I don't get why it's taking you so long.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Haylen wrote:@ Thor - I need to say this now because otherwise it's going to be effecting me all game. My latest interactions with you on site have shown me you're being a bit of an arrogant twit. Tone it down, or I swear to the gods I will explode and it wont be pretty. I don't like arrogance, it's my least desirable trait in a person and most likely to make me angry at them.

With all due regard (at least as much as one can ever have after starting a sentence with that phrase) I submit you calling me an 'arrogant twit' is waaay ruder than
anything
I've done this game.
I'll take your thoughts into account.
Please try to do the same.
Also - reads, that would be nice too - I actually agree with Incog on something, ye gawds!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Medicated Lain wrote:Well, I won't be a part of it.

So are you planning to come up with something better for Pine?
Because otherwise you are a part of it by doing nothing.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Haylen - also, post game, I'd like to know where you think I'm overstepping the lines playwise. Because I can only think of one game I've ever played where I felt I was actyually being an arrogant twit, and in my defense I actually was totally right about everything, i was just rude about it. But other than that I sorta feel your attack is random and unjustified in its level. You're worrying me because if what I consider 'normal' is that offensive to you than one of us should replace out now before we get offended.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Oh man. So much has happened.
Thor... Papa Smurf?
Green Crayons wrote:- Glad to see Trip is doing the non-committal dance once again in post 489 (that's sarcasm). Is this is play style or is his vocal back-and-forth new to this game? It's one thing to see or vocalize a conflict in opinion. But to then just leave it there and do nothing - especially at this stage of the game, when there is plenty ability to contribute something substantive and a deadline in coming up - is suspicious.

Ugh. This is the same thing that got me in trouble last game... and to make it worse I've had very little time to commit to the game since my surgery. If I would have known I would have asked for a replacement.
So other than that, the big thing going against me right now is BM's activity? Sigh. I can't explain his actions anymore than I already have tried.

VOTE: Incognito
Should have done that in my last post.
You can call me Trip.

Did I say "corpse hatch?" I meant to say "innocence tube!"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Papa Smurf - it's a title given by committee of eternal debate. If I recall correctly it's supposed to signify;

That I have a beard and comment on it.
That I am wise.
That I replace curse words with 'Smurf' when quoting them.
That I am fatherly and/or participate in a lot of Newbie games so there's some sort of paternal thing towards Newbies implied.

The title started out as 'Manly Beard' I think, than became Nordic, NordIC, MythIC, ad infinitum.

Do you think Incog is actually scummy, or is this a 'I'm not scum, he might be' vote?
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by TripMyWire »

Thor665 wrote:
That I am fatherly and/or participate in a lot of Newbie games so there's some sort of paternal thing towards Newbies implied.

After my newbie game with you as IC, I say it fits :)

Do you think Incog is actually scummy, or is this a 'I'm not scum, he might be' vote?

Scummy. It was between him and Pine.
You can call me Trip.

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Go Pine vote go!
If you're not remembered, then you never existed.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:22 am

Post by bvoigt »

Haylen wrote:
Vote Bvoigt

Prod dodge? Not even an attempt at being useful?

There were only 1.5 pages between my posts, and I just didn't have anything new to comment on.

TripMyWire wrote:Hi guys. Sorry, busy weekend.
I'm leaning towards an Incognito lynch.
In addition to why I voted him day 1, I believe his determination to lynch Thor's slot was scummy. It's a way to narrow down the town without raising too many flags. It's a safe move for scum to make since at that time there were no solid scum suspects, yet plenty of fingers being pointed... it would have been an easy way to get a kill without revealing as much information as would be revealed if a more prominent participant were lynched. He didn't seem willing at all to wait around for Thor to get a word in either.
The thing that is keeping me from voting for him is what Yosarian pointed out in 475.
It makes me hesitate a bit... but BM was so fickle in his actions that I believe it definitely could have been distancing from Incognito. Maybe he overdid it a little? Incognito wasn't in terrible danger of being lynched at that time at all so it seems it was pretty safe for him to do that.

This is exactly why I find Trip's fencesitting scummy...he voices support of Incognito, but doesn't vote him, and leaves his options open a little longer. Now that he's seen that Incognito does have a good chance of getting lynched, he finally places a vote on him.
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

Alright Trip, Thor may not be interested, but I'm interested in a claim from you before this happens!
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:48 am

Post by TripMyWire »

bvoigt wrote:Now that he's seen that Incognito does have a good chance of getting lynched, he finally places a vote on him.

No, that's not the situation at all. It WOULD have been the case if I voted for him back in the post you quoted. However since that post many votes on him have been removed. (Though it's been kind of hard to keep track of votes without an official vote count.) The "good chance" was over by the time I made my vote so I don't see how that helps your argument.
Medicated Lain wrote:Alright Trip, Thor may not be interested, but I'm interested in a claim from you before this happens!

Should I claim now then?
You can call me Trip.

Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Medicated Lain »

I call for a claim.
TripMyWire
TripMyWire
Goon
TripMyWire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 am

Post by TripMyWire »

Medicated Lain wrote:I call for a claim.

Okie dokie. I am DJ Granny, a VT. If you blink while watching the movie you'll miss her. To quote the role PM: "As one of the most important members of the Genetic Opera, it's up to you to help drive out the scum. Just because you're old doesn't mean you're defenseless, after all."
Ta-da!
You can call me Trip.

bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:27 am

Post by bvoigt »

TripMyWire wrote:
bvoigt wrote:Now that he's seen that Incognito does have a good chance of getting lynched, he finally places a vote on him.

No, that's not the situation at all. It WOULD have been the case if I voted for him back in the post you quoted. However since that post many votes on him have been removed. (Though it's been kind of hard to keep track of votes without an official vote count.) The "good chance" was over by the time I made my vote so I don't see how that helps your argument.

Hmm, I guess you're right about this...more people have unvoted Incog than I thought.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:29 am

Post by bvoigt »

Also, I guess you
can
post your role PM in this game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

TripMyWire wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

After my newbie game with you as IC, I say it fits :)

Scummy. It was between him and Pine.

You're working my 'be kind to Newbs' angle well here, I love being buddied. ;) I know the bulk of the case on you is silly, because I've seen you as town do the same thing, but the PoE is kind of damning, f'r'instance;

Pine is not a smart lynch. There was a point where Yos(?...Incog? I forget) was digging into Fugitive. Pine came out and chainsaw defended/attacked over the call. Since I'm town and since the slot was a useless slot Pine, as scum, would have been cutting off an easy mislynch option for himself *and* raising his attention level from one of the slots that is active and/or considered generally pro town. Doesn't add up as a scumtactic to my mind.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I see the deadline is tomorrow night. I want to provide something substantive before then, but it won't happen until tomorrow afternoon.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That is, even if the deadline gets pushed back a day or whatever, I still won't have something until tomorrow afternoon.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Haylen »

Incog wrote:I don't get why it's taking you so long.

I am ill, I have a virus. Plus working overtime at work on nights for extra cash. I am doing my best with the situation I have been put into. Luckily, it wont last for too long, if I wasn't sure of that I would replace out.

Incog wrote:You've been keeping us waiting and waiting and waiting for you to produce this brilliant insight about the whole entire game that you were supposed to produce pages ago, and you vote bvoigt for a single prod dodge post?

Whatever. You don't need to remind me what I have and haven't said, at least I'm sat here trying to do it. Note, I asked for an extension, so it's hardly delibrate.

Incog wrote:And claim that you've been wanting to lynch me for a long while now? Hahaha.

Clearly you need reminding though. Does repeatedly attacking you not infer that I would be happy with your lynch? Also, I've decided I want Bvoigt lynched before you, here's why.

BvoigtOk, in Bvoigt's first iso post, he follows Incognito with his TripMyWire vote.

Scum Motivation

Some scum like to follow other peoples founds and their opinions in order to a) coast in the game b) gain a connection with that player - particularly if the player being followed is more experienced. They hope that the person being followed will be lynched first.

Town Motivation

Genuinely believing exactly the same as what Incog does.

Conclusion:
More likely scum motivated because of the amount of times Bvoigt does this, especially considering he seems to find Trip's explanation reasonable and yet still does unvote Trip until Incognito starts voting for camn.

This can also be said to be inconsistent with bvoigt's voting pattern, as he is still voting for Trip despite finding his explanation for not posting to be okay.

Scum Motivation

Scum's voting patterns tend to be inconsistent with their beliefs because they can't exactly say 'oh this person is scum' because they know who the scum team are, so they get confused sometimes.

Town Motivation

Slip of the mind.

Conclusion:
Considering he didn't notice the issue and acknowledge it, I'm going to go with scum motivated.

He then goes onto vote for camn without giving any indication as to why, but it is another follow of Incog's votes as I have discussed above. I'd like to add that during Day One, scum are more likely to vote people without any explanation than town are because they need to place a vote but they don't want to seem like they are sheeping others. It's also easier to get away with stuff like that earlier in the game than it is to later on in the game.

The amount of Vote hopping Bvoigt has gotten away with in his first few posts is outstanding, by the way. What is interesting is that as soon as camn points out that he's following Incog's opinions and votes with no original content, he changes tone and votes for Pine based on a weaker argument than he had for his vote prior to Pine.

Bvoigt wrote:"Anti-town" is clearly different from "scummy." You obviously don't think the suggestion is a good idea, but what about it makes camn more likely to be scum? You said yourself she's made the suggestion as town.

Weak argument. Four pages into the game and anti-town is pretty much all you have to go on. Scummy stuff would be a miracle at that stage in the game.

Scum Motivation

Scum arguments tend to be weak arguments because they don't really believe what they're saying. It can also occur when they're voting for they're scum buddy and pretending to push a lynch on them. If Bvoigt ever flips scum, look into that possibility. Wanting to create a case on somebody who was entirely separate from Incognito's thoughts.

Town Motivation

I can't really think of a town motivation for this. So the conclusion should be obvious.

Bvoigt wrote:It's not "no reasons" when you've outlined them in previous posts...I find it scummy that you were concerned enough with the appearance of the vote to make sure we knew it wasn't just sheeping

Another weak argument.

I've mentioned why it's bad to not give reasons for voting before. And the hypocrisy is that his vote on me was based on me explaining my vote.

Bvoigt wrote:Wait a second. Peregrine has been voting Haylen almost the entire game (despite admitting that the case on her is "very weak," and saying the vote was for "discussion's sake"). Sounds like a contradiction to me. Plus, a quick ISO reveals that he's hardly done any scumhunting.

This is town like posting. However, I do get the feeling that once he found he couldn't get myself or Pine (possibly) mislynched, he decided to go and try and get somebody else mislynched too - whom there was a better case for.

He pretty much tunnels on Peregrine and Trip for the rest of the day, practically ignoring anything else.

Not liking looking for scumteams so early in the game in Iso 30.

Bvoigt wrote:I think Yos, GC, and Incognito are town because they either attacked or were attacked heavily by Battle Mage.

Heard of bussing? Scum like doing that on Day One. Says particular actions weren't bussing, what particular actions?

I am noticing from Bvoigt that he likes to say things, and make decisions, but he doesn't like to elaborate on them, which is scummy because it allows him to look like he is scumhunting but when asked to defend himself or explain himself, he can't. OH HEY, he did it when asked for it, but most of that post was based of what other people had already said.

Bvoigt wrote:In BM's ISO #6, he called Medicated Lain a mislynch, and I think it was a legitimate slip.

Don't fall into traps like these. That's too blatant to be a scumslip. It reminds me of the most recent newbie game I won as scum pretty much because my scumbuddy refered to his scumbuddy as a 'he' and I had made it pretty clear I'm female. Had he not done that, I'd have been investigated. So don't take things at face value, think about what you're actually seeing first.

Iso post 34. Suggests that Fugitive's comment was fence sitting. That's a load of rubbish. 'I still don't like it' is clearly a decision on his read, not fence sitting.

Can't remember what chainsawing is, gimme a hint?

Prod dodge with lack of content = no.

Conclusion:
And that is why I am currently voting for Bvoigt. His play has been off to me all game and I've voiced suspicions on him more than once. The above is my full case on him.

@ Thor - Nobody's replacing out. I'm probably just pissy because I'm ill and my hearts been torn to shreds, put in a blender, nuked and put back in again, plus because I currently think I'm a shit IC (despite being called a genius in the last game I did) and seeing anyone flaunting their ICness is like a slap in the face. But I don't want to discuss it mid-game, so don't comment please.

Request deadline extention, pleeeeeeeeeeeease. Most people seem to have been unable to post due to July 4th or some other reason like me. Pleeeeeeease.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by camn »

A vote count and an extension for the weekend?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Pine »

Yes please.

Sorry for absenteeism, folks. It's been hell week at work. I'll catch up over the weekend.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

Agree with requesting a deadline extension!
Medicated Lain
Medicated Lain
Goon
Medicated Lain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Medicated Lain »

thor665 wrote:You're working my 'be kind to Newbs' angle well here, I love being buddied. ;) I know the bulk of the case on you is silly, because I've seen you as town do the same thing, but the PoE is kind of damning, f'r'instance;

Pine is not a smart lynch. There was a point where Yos(?...Incog? I forget) was digging into Fugitive. Pine came out and chainsaw defended/attacked over the call. Since I'm town and since the slot was a useless slot Pine, as scum, would have been cutting off an easy mislynch option for himself *and* raising his attention level from one of the slots that is active and/or considered generally pro town. Doesn't add up as a scumtactic to my mind.

PoE? I also don't actually know what chainsawing is. These terms, I'd like to know.
Thor: given that you've seen trip in another game as town acting like this, why were you pushing so hard for a trip lynch until now?
Supremely odd.

Thor: Incog was mainly the one digging into the fugitive case... I certainly believe that scum will choose to create random buddies in town, but beyond buddying, there was no way that Incog was convincing anyone about the fugitive place being scum... that was one of the main reasons that I was so into the Incog vote earlier in this day. I myself, among others, criticized Incog for having those suspicions, because it didn't make sense. The fact that Pine was also defending that slot, is really just going along with the majority of town opinion, and in no way at all is it cutting off an easy mislynch.

***I feel wary of Thor's last few posts.

Haylen: Bvoigt is about the most protown looking player I see here based on my read through the game. Who do you have feels on in this game?

People I'd be interested in lynching: Pine, Thor, possibly Haylen.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Medicated Lain wrote:PoE? I also don't actually know what chainsawing is. These terms, I'd like to know.
Thor: given that you've seen trip in another game as town acting like this, why were you pushing so hard for a trip lynch until now?
Supremely odd.

No more odd than deciding someone's case is potentially scummy while admitting you have no idea what half the terms they're using are.

Chainsaw is here
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... dard_Tells

PoE = Process of Elimination - basically when you remove the other suspects who look likely town, the remaining suspects are more likely to be scum.

Medicated Lain wrote:Thor: Incog was mainly the one digging into the fugitive case... I certainly believe that scum will choose to create random buddies in town, but beyond buddying, there was no way that Incog was convincing anyone about the fugitive place being scum

Going back and looking though we discover this;
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 5#p3163985
It was Yos he was defending Fugi from, not Incog. I'll agree Incog was digging too. Who, besides Pine, was defending the Fugitive slot?
I'll also note this happened during a tight run of multiple wagons - which included Pine himself, and strengthens my town read on Pine.

Medicated Lain wrote:***I feel wary of Thor's last few posts.

***Why? You haven't pointed out me saying anything inappropriate nor attached a scum theory to any of my actions.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and to answer your bolded question clearly - PoE.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”