Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage wrote:
Equinox wrote:
Benmage wrote:PoE
Corvuus, farside22, nopointinactingup
That could definitely work...With maybe Tajo as a backup.
Cool. I basically took all the people you voted within the past couple of days and put them in a list. I'm holding you to this.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:56 am

Post by Andrius »

Andy wrote: Jack is also scum, but he won't say it. No wait he already did P1.

Jack still hasn't outlined why I'm scum besides for some misplaced gut-read.

I subscribe to the theory that Jack is a smart cookie, and doesn't do things aimlessly.
So why do this? Because he's scum and doing his thing. Namely: sowing discord and "oh no jack wouldn't do a thing like that because that would be dumb". Seriously. He's either A: scum B: retarded. And we know he isn't the latter. /allude to Greek Mythology and how we were supposed to be together so I think I would know if he were mental/postal ;D

Though, how exactly is Jack doing the "NS claimed scum to me" a gambit that's supposed to HELP us at all? Besides for making me want him strung up.
And a side of the traitor-fishing. :D
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Andrius »

Ok that looked a whole lot more impressive in notepad. :P

His D1 gambit was to do WHAT now?
And it wasn't to kepp important-pr-jack alive longer since he's VT.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Equinox »

That's better. Thanks, Andrius.

(I'm keeping track of these, by the way. You guys will have them at the end of the day to analyze overnight or tomorrow if I'm not around to do so.)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Andrius »

Sure thing Equinox. *runs off to offer fruit to Our Goddess*
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Hito's theory = meh? It's very possible they're both town, I don't think AGM is scum, what he said makes sense at least though.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:09 am

Post by farside22 »

I almost want to do this

unvote vote nopointinactingup

(not bold)

I'm so lost right now. I know what I feel, but............UGH why do people have a town read on Corv?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I prefer Benmage and NPAU lynches to Corvuus and AGM lynches. Here's why:

Corvuus

My QT with Corvuus is important here. In fact, I've been somewhat lazy about reading his inthread posting really thoroughly; when I start drifting into TLDR mode, I just ask him in the QT instead. He's been very free with his reads in there, and his explanations for things always ring true - I have a moderately strong town read on his posting in there.

TMH I found likely town as well; I think that degree of tunnelling, followed by replacing out apparently in frustration, looks like a townie who thinks he knows the truth and noone will believe him. His interactions with NS - setting up a Jack/NS dilemma - don't fit well with NSscum, and this is very much in Corvuus's favour.

So, I think Corvuus is pretty likely town.

AGM

Vanilla claims when about to be lynched are a pretty good towntell. Replacing in, saying you're not going to catch up, and claiming VT are not the actions of a scumbag who's priority is to save his own skin.

Benmage
Last edited by zoraster on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Fishythefish, what's your read of Feysal based on his QuickTopic activity?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:36 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Oops.... didn't mean to hit submit at that point.
@mod:
Please close that colour tag in my last post?

Benmage

I've talked about Benmage before. He's lurked a lot, and I don't see anything remotely convincing in his "give up and self-vote" post. Saying that it makes him confirmed town is odd and really really untrue.

NPAU

I wouldn't like this as much as a Benmage lynch, but it would be much better than Corvuus/AGM. Odds of DTM having been roleblocked are pretty good, and NPAU has been really under the radar all game; I can easily see lurking being an attractive tactic for scum who's lucky enough to have an innocent report on them.

So, Benmage>NPAU>AGM>Corvuus, all fairly firm >s.

@Equi: I haven't got much of a read on Feysal through our QT. There's not much there that's different from what's in the thread, and I've struggled to get a conversation going.

VOTE: Benmage
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 2 Vote Count

Andrius ( 1 ) AlmasterGM,
(L - 7 )

populartajo ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

hitogoroshi ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

nopointinactingup ( 2 ) Equinox, Benmage,
(L - 6 )

Equinox ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

farside22 ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Feysal ( 1 ) Lost Butterfly,
(L - 7 )

Lost Butterfly ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Corvuus ( 2 ) DTMaster, populartajo,
(L - 6 )

Benmage ( 2 ) farside22,
Fishythefish,
(L - 6 )

Almaster GM ( 5 ) Andrius, nopointinactingup, Corvuus, hitogoroshi,
DrippingGoofball,
(L - 3 )

DTMaster ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Not Voting ( 2 )
Nobody Special,
Feysal,
Total Votes ( 15 )

Deadline: March 9th at 23:00 EDT
With 15 able to vote, 8 needed to lynch.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Feysal »

To nitpick, the scum recruit the traitor by targeting him for kill, he of course does not die. My point was that the fact that SpyreX did die is proof of hitogoroshi having a killing ability, not a factional scum kill.
DTMaster [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2855960#p2855960]#2036[/url] wrote:Considering that both Benmage and Almaster both claimed under pressure and under similar circumstances points towards Benmage's defense of AGM. It's quite empathetic. If you're critising Benmage's lack of attack of AGM, can you show me how Benmage's claim was different (and scummier) then AGM's?
I would not consider the situations truly alike. Benmage, when he claimed, was not at L-1, he was not even the leading wagon. As such, there was much less pressure for him to claim, and the whole thing was an attempt to forestall his wagon from going any further. He pretty much said that by claiming that his self-vote in that same post was a town tell for him. I find that claiming vanilla townie early would be considerably safer than claiming it at L-1.

The oddest thing about Benmage's unvote after AGM claimed is his timing. If he wanted to ensure there was time for discussion, why did he not unvote immediately after the claim? Why wait over an hour? In fact, why not unvote before the claim, since Jack had been at L-1 for more than a day?

What I associate with town Benmage is what I could call holier-than-thou arrogance. When he starts bullying people his playstyle can be maddening, and I actually like him better here for not being like that... and at the same time wonder why not. He is not doing much scumhunting, but then I can imagine Benmage treating that as beneath him, like making arguments was for lesser mortals and he would only decide who lives or dies. I wish I was joking.

The main reason why I'd give Benmage a pass for now is though that out of the four games I'm in, he's in three. In all three I've seen him struggling to keep up, though not quite as extreme as me. Given that, I could buy that his play is a result of being strapped for time.
Corvuus [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2849855#p2849855]#1975[/url] wrote:I said that Jack's flip whether as town or scum shows NS is the scum God.
I'm surprised that after all the issues people are seeing with Corvuus, no one has caught this. The argument here is that NS is the scum god no matter what Jack/AGM flips. If that is a foregone conclusion, why would a flip be needed at all? What information would be left to be gained from it?

After two wall posts devoted almost exclusively to Jack/AGM, I'm amazed Corvuus has never noticed this. Another thing is that he has ignored the fact that Jack also claimed being told by NS that themanhimself, his predecessor, was also scum. Clearly it makes no sense to expect that Jack would've been telling the straight truth about what NS had said. SpyreX thinking so was already weird, Corvuus thinking so is completely irrational.

Combined with the things others have pointed out, Corvuus looks like a fine suspect. His attempt to have Jack/AGM lynched makes no sense.

The problem with that is I agree Corvuus being scum would mean Fishy was the scum god. But to be honest, I've spent most of the game wondering about that. Our QT is rather barren, and while much of the blame for that falls on me for my repeated absences, it means I've never had a very strong read on Fishy either way. I've been leaning town on him only because his ability would be so easy for scum to abuse, and because NS is just not there.

By the way, something that pinged my gut was this post:
farside22 [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2848515#p2848515]#1955[/url] wrote:The interesting thing is that Fishy stated that most everyone has stated that they have their concerns, but felt NS was far scummier except Corv.
I don't know if farside paraphrased this or something, but if Fishy indeed called NS "scummy", that does not sound right. From his personal vantage point, if he is town, he should be practically certain that NS was scum.

Vote: Corvuus

Can't be helped, this is where my suspicions lie. I could compromise for nopoint, though I really don't have anything on him... which of course is the problem.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I'm still not totally caught up, but good god, just the last few pages. Andrius is literally jumping up and down yelling, "hey guys, I'm scum! I'm scum!"

Andrius's scummeta is easy as helllllll to read. And lo behold, here it is in plain daylight.

HEY ANDRIUS, WHY U NO TALK TO ME? AFRAID OF BEING CAUGHT, HMMMMM?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I want to vote AGM again.

VOTE: AGM
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

And again for good measure.

VOTE: AGM
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Wait DGB I'm confused about who you are voting for, could you make it a little more clear?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

AGM, Andrius is town. Sorry but that is just how it is.

Equinox: How much of your "Fishy is town read" is for positive reasons, and how much of it is for negative (e.g, NS is so scummy that the other two God(desses) are town) reasons? Feysal's report of the Temple of Time seems to be a little different than what you've said.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Equinox »

AlmasterGM, how much have you read?

DrippingGoofball, I don't suppose I could get you to explain...? :?

hitogoroshi, I have a town read on Fishythefish based on how he's been working with me in the QuickTopic; we've been exchanging reads for a while, and he's been making logical conclusions as well as questioning me where things weren't clear or just vague. To my knowledge, the messages I've been passing haven't been tampered with, and the two messages I received from Faraday don't look like they've been messed with.

He's been certain of NS-scum since mid-Day 1, and I haven't seen anything from him that suggests doubt.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by Andrius »

AGM, I still think you're scum (sry horrid slot) and you're not reading. lol

I'm TOWNIER THAN THOU. Don't even try otherwise. This is like BNM; you and your scumteam are boned. ;)
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

AGM is town (Andrius was very scummy during the course of the game)
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Don't like feysal's last post.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

TMH's early actions look strongly reminiscint of bomb mafia where he saw Jack scum fuck around and gambit, I think that makes his tunelling very understandable.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Andrius »

Lost Butterfly wrote:AGM is town (Andrius was very scummy during the course of the game)
Everything will be made clear when men with arms left die.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Lost Butterfly »

DON'T TEASE ME LIKE THAT.
Andrius