He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

In the Court of the Gods (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by zoraster »

Spoiler: Flavor
Zorasterland has three living and immortal gods. Each is served by five mortal high priests. On all matters put in front of the court, the gods consult with their personal priests and make their case to the court. Both the priests and the gods each have one vote with a majority deciding any matter put before it. For centuries, this system has led the people of Zorasterland in peace and prosperity.

Until now.

It has become clear that one of the immortal gods has decided he wishes to rule alone. To do so, he has corrupted several of the high priests (although not necessarily his own). Their plan is simple: kill off enough priests that The Corrupt have a majority of the vote in the Court and can banish the other gods from Zorasterland.*

Those standing in opposition to this nefarious plan must come together to stop this evil.

The Gods

DrippingGoofball, the Goddess of Rewards

FishytheFish, the God of Time

Nobody Special, the God of Judgment

The Followers of DrippingGoofball

1. Andrius
populartajo the Vanilla Town Priest

hitogoroshi the Goon

4. nopointinactingup
SpyreX the Corrupt Traitor

The Followers of FishytheFish

Equinox the Vanilla Town Priest

2. farside22
Feysal the Corrupt Goon

Lost Butterfly (Faraday/Mina Hydra) the Traitor Hunter

5. Nachomamma8

The Followers of Nobody Special

1. Benmage
DeathRowKitty the Vanilla Town Priest

Almaster GM the Vanilla Town Priest

Lady Lambdadelta the Town Association Cop

DTMaster the Vanilla Town Priest

Living Priests
  1. Andrius
  2. nopointinactingup
  3. farside22
  4. Nachomamma8
  5. Benmage
Dead Priests

Day 1: DeathRowKitty the Vanilla Townie was Lynched
Night 2: SpyreX the Corrupted Traitor was killed
Night 2: Lady Lambdadelta the Town Association Cop was killed
Day 2: AlmasterGM the Vanilla Townie was Lynched
Night 2: Feysal the Corrupt Goon was killed
Night 2: populartajo the Vanilla Townie was killed
Day 3: DTMaster the Vanilla Townie was lynched
Night 3: Equinox the Vanilla Townie was killed
Night 3: Lost Butterfly the Town Traitor Hunter was killed
Day 4: Hitogoroshi the Corrupt Goon was lynched

Events

Day 1 Begins
God of Time Changes Deadline
Day 1 Ends/Day 2 Begins
God of Rewards Grants Immunity
God of Time Changes Deadline
Day 2 Ends/Day 3 Begins
God of Rewards Grants Double Vote
Day 3 Ends/Day 4 Begins
Game Ends
Last edited by zoraster on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:19 am, edited 38 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by zoraster »

General Rules

Basics

1. Do not copy in any manner a PM, whether from the mod or from another player. You may not use the role PM syntax to try and figure out a player’s alignment.
2. Homophobic, racist, sexist, etc. language will not be tolerated.
3. A certain amount of leeway will be allowed for very aggressive play, but do not go overboard. Players are here to have fun; if you harass someone, action will be taken.
4. Activity is expected. If you know you’re going away, please indicate that you are V/LA and when your expected arrival date is.
Any player may request a prod on any other player, so long as it’s not unreasonable by saying in the thread in bold
Prod: <player>
Due to some abuse, the new rule is this: players will be prodded after 48 hours of daytime inactivity.

6. If you want the mod’s attention, type your message in
bold
7. I make mistakes. If I make a mistake on the vote count, tell me in bold in the thread. If I make a different mistake or you wish to complain or you think I haven’t seen a previous request, please PM me.
8. Some players will be told they may use
red
blue
, or
purple
. If you aren’t told this in your role PM, don’t use those colors.
9. Catch-all rule: Other standard rules on MS should be assumed to be active unless the moderator has explicitly contradicted them. If in doubt, PM the mod or ask in thread in bold letters.
10. The moderator reserves the right to change the rules.

Nights

1. Nights will last at least 24 hours unless the deadline would fall on a Saturday or Sunday, in which case the night will last at least 48 hours. In some instances, Night will last longer if it suits the game (e.g. holidays). Night begins once the mod posts the end of day information.
2. All night actions must be made within this time period or it will be a “no action.”
3. If you are concerned about missing the window, you may queue your action ahead of time. However, once night starts, you may not change this action.
4. Once all actions have been submitted and the moderator is able, the next day will start.

Lynching

1. Lynches may occur at any time if 50%+1 of possible votes are cast for one player. If 50% of all possible votes are cast for “no lynch” a no lynch will occur.
2. Votes should be by the VOTE: function. You may unvote by using the VOTE: function to vote for “no one” or something similar to that.
ALL VOTES SHOULD BE ON THEIR OWN LINE

3. The deadline is set by the mod to begin a day and the God of Time may change it.
4. IF a deadline is reached without a majority being reached AND a player has the majority of votes cast (i.e. not voting for “no one”), then that player is lynched.
5. If the deadline is reached without a majority being reached and no player has the majority of votes cast for him, there is a no lynch.

Order of Night Actions

1. Roleblocks
2. Protections
3. Misc. 1
4. Kills
a. Mafia Kills
b. Serial Killer Kills
c. Vigil Kills
d. Other Kills (say what!?)
5. Misc. 2
6. Investigations
Last edited by zoraster on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by zoraster »

In The Court of The Gods Game Specific Rules

Immortal Gods

1. There are three immortal gods. They cannot be killed or lynched.
2. Each god has five followers. The god may exchange PMs with each of his followers individually, and his followers may respond. The followers may not PM other followers.
3. Each god has one vote for lynch purposes unless otherwise granted a voting power.
4. The immortal gods will be announced. Their alignments will be unknown.
5. Though the gods will not be selected randomly, their alignment will be. One of the immortal gods will be evil (and win with scum) while two will be good (and win with town).
6. Immortal gods must be active participants in the game.
7. Though there will be no enforcement of this, it is hoped that the immortals will take heed of a secondary goal: to make the game fun for all involved.
8. Each immortal is a god of something, which gives them a particular power. The three powers (Judgment, Reward, and Time) are distributed randomly, so there is no alignment aspect to it.
9. Many power role actions will not be able to target the immortal gods. Check your role PM.
10. Immortal gods each have a different color that only they can post in. Time can post in
purple
, Rewards can post in
blue
, and Judgment can post in
red

Mortal High Priests

1. Each mortal is a high priest associated with one of the immortal gods. The association of each priest with his god will be known.
2. Each priest may exchange PMs with her associated god at any point during the game; however, the priest may NOT PM any other player.
3. Each mortal high priest has one vote for lynch purposes unless otherwise granted a voting power.
4. Mortals may not post in
red
blue
, or
purple
5. Some mortals may have powers beyond the power to vote, others may not.

Private Messages

1. As noted above, Private Messages between a god and a follower is allowed.
2. However, all PMs must adhere to the basic rules of the game (e.g. no copying role PMs, no abuse, etc.)
3. You may NOT communicate outside of PMs. No skype, no AIM, no e-mail, etc. You MAY set up a QT to talk instead of PM, but if you do please tell the mod what it is so he can observe for funsies.
4. You may NOT communicate by PM or other outside communication with anyone who you are not explicitly allowed to. If you are confused, ask the moderator FIRST.
5. PM communications should be immortal to an individual priest. Gods should refrain from mass sending a PM to all their followers, and mortal high priests should only ever communicate with their god (i.e. not the other followers)
6. Private Messages may never be copied directly into the game in any form. They must be paraphrased.
7. Please report abuses of this policy to the moderator.

Scum

1. There is one immortal god who is Scum.
2. There are an unknown number of mortal high priests who are scum.
3. The distribution of mortal scum has been randomly generated. In other words, there will be no relation between who is scum and which follower they are. I will not be designing this, so don’t try and out-guess the mod on this part. My first step in creating the setup was feeding it into a random generator to decide where the mortal scum were placed, and THEN I made the rest of the setup.
4. To put it another way, the evil immortal god does not necessarily have all evil followers, and good gods do not necessarily have all good followers.
5. Scum have day chat through a QT.

Winning the Game

1. The game is won by good (“town”) when all evil mortals are eliminated.
2. The game is won by The Corrupt (“evil,” “scum”) when all good mortals are eliminated, nothing can prevent all good mortals from being eliminated, the game has had three no lynches in a row, or nothing can prevent three no lynches from occurring in a row.

Lylo

Lynch or Lose (aka “Lylo”) occurs when the town MUST lynch correctly or lose the game.
When this becomes the case (most likely at the beginning of the day), it will be announced by the moderator.
Please note it is NOT lylo if there is any chance that a no lynch or mislynch will not lead to a town loss. For example, if there is still a town doctor left in the game OR if it is merely MYLO (mislynch and lose) I will not announce lylo. I will be VERY conservative in announcing lylo, so it is probably a good idea not to put too much stock in waiting for the lylo announcement.

Spoiler: Role PMs
God of TimeYou are the God of Time. You are immortal and cannot be lynched or killed. <Alignment>

As the God of Time, you set the deadlines for the day. Once per 48 hours, you may change the deadline for a lynch. You may not set the deadline less than 48 hours away from when you post in the thread. Day One’s deadline must last at least 5 days. On all other days, the deadline must last at least 72 hours.

No day may have a deadline more days than the number of players left in the game plus one (e.g. if 18 left, 19 days max. If 5 left, 6 days max). You may not change the deadline if there are less than 48 hours left in the current deadline.
To change the deadline, PM me with your desired date and time for the deadline AND post in bold, purple letters in the game thread:
DEADLINE SET TO <Time and Date>

As the God of Time, you are allowed to post in
purple
. No other player may post in purple.

As an immortal god, you are tasked with not only winning but trying to keep the game active and fun. Beyond the ordinary activity requirements, this is not a rule but merely an aspirational goal. I hope you’ll take this task seriously as the game’s success depends in large part on your play!

Confirm by PM. The thread can be found here:

God of RewardsYou are the God of Rewards. You are immortal and cannot be lynched or killed. <Alignment>

As the God of Rewards, you may reward a player with one of two things, each you may use once every four game days, a max of one power in a single day: First, you may grant a mortal player a double vote for the rest of that day [note: not available on lylo].. Second, you may grant a mortal player immunity from being killed the following night.
To do this, PM me as well as post in game in bold blue letters:
I GRANT <Player> the REWARD OF <Double Vote/Immunity>

As the God of Rewards, you are allowed to post in blue. No other player may post in blue.

As an immortal god, you are tasked with not only winning but trying to keep the game active and fun. Beyond the ordinary activity requirements, this is not a rule but merely an aspirational goal. I hope you’ll take this task seriously as the game’s success depends in large part on your play!

God of JudgmentYou are the God of Judgment. You are immortal and cannot be lynched or killed. <Alignment>

As the God of Judgment, you can choose to sit in judgment on an individual. This means you can “take the hammer.” You may only take the hammer when:
1. You are not on the wagon with the most votes AND
2. There are at least 2 people already on that wagon AND
3. You are not currently on that wagon AND
4. Your vote would be the hammer vote AND
5. The deadline is more than 72 hours away. AND
6. You have not used this power in the same game day.

By taking the hammer, you FREEZE ALL VOTES for 24 hours. The 24 hours is judged based on when you post in the game thread. No one may change their vote until you declare the player innocent, time elapses, or you hammer.

To take the hammer and sit in judgment, PM me AND post the following in bold red letters in the game thread:
I SIT IN JUDGMENT OF <player name>. ALL VOTES ARE FROZEN FOR 24 HOURS.

To hammer a player and end the day, simply vote the player. To declare the player innocent PM me and post in the game thread:
I DECLARE <player> INNOCENT. ALL VOTES ON HIM ARE RESET.
At which point all votes that were placed on him are moved to voting for no one.

As the God of Judgment, you are allowed to post in red. No other player may post in red.

Basic “Good” High Priest ExampleYou are a
High Priest serving the God of Time, X
. You may PM with him and him alone at any time during the game. You may not copy any PM he sends or you send in the game chat. You may not PM any other player.

You are
good
and win with the town. The town wins if all of the evil mortals have been eliminated.

Amendments (Rule Changes):

1. If you and your god (or you and your follower) want to set up a QT for your conversations, that's okay with me. But either of you may still use PM to communicate as well. If you do do this, please PM me with the QT so I can follow along.
Last edited by zoraster on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 am

Post by zoraster »

This game is in pregame. You may post here once you get your PM (but you must confirm by PM).

EDIT: Pregame is a good time for questions about the game directed to me.

EDIT 2: All Role PMs are OUT!
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 am

Post by zoraster »

One important clarification: Gods can BOTH PM their followers individually AND post in this thread. Followers can PM their god AND post in the thread.

EDIT: New rule. After some thought, if you and your god (or you and your follower) want to set up a QT for your conversations, that's okay with me. But either of you may still use PM to communicate as well. If you do do this, please PM me with the QT so I can follow along.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:43 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hellooooo, pregame.

Vote: zoraster
for hooking me into another game.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Andrius »

HITO AND SPYREX WITH ME?
THE STARS HAVE ALIGNED.
ITS A DREAM COME TRUE.

*runs off to shower DGB in praise and devotion*

I get the feeling this'll be somewhat like Comedy of Whims... :igmeou:
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Jack »

lol, NS has already revealed himself as the evil god.

After some chat I claimed to be scum and he straight up revealed himself.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:52 am

Post by Andrius »

Good deal.
Now I can claim NK-Immune Vig to DGB.

JACK.
WHY YOU GOTTA BE OVER THERE WORSHIPPING NOBODY.
COME OVER HERE.
I WONT STAB YOU WITH A LIGHTNING BOLT AGAIN. :twisted:
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Jack, you do not wish to anger your God.

Trust me on this one.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Andrius »

Oh look at Nobody, all uppity and high-strung.

Imma chill over here with the Goddess of Rewards, and eat magical fruit. <3
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Andrius »

Hey zoraster.
How will flips go? Will PRs flip PRs?
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 am

Post by zoraster »

Andrius wrote:Hey zoraster.
How will flips go? Will PRs flip PRs?
yeah.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, hey, I know most of my fellow followers. Hiya!

Pre-Game Vote: Lady Lambdadelta

...for stealing Beato's board. You won't be living this down.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Jack wrote:lol, NS has already revealed himself as the evil god.

^ LOL
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Andrius »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Jack wrote:lol, NS has already revealed himself as the evil god.

^ LOL
Scum #2 caught.
This is pretty easy.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Nah, I just find it funny. I've been busy prostrating myself via PM and talking about whether or not I trust NS and then Jack comes in and is just like "durr, he claimed scum."
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Equinox wrote:Oh, hey, I know most of my fellow followers. Hiya!

Pre-Game Vote: Lady Lambdadelta

...for stealing Beato's board. You won't be living this down.

Quite fitting that my God may speak in Red, and is the god of Judgment. He will speak the Red Truth, I am certain.

You cannot stop me Battler. :3
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

LL, what do you think of the Jack-NS thing?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:20 am

Interestingly enough, my god within the first 5 minutes of the game PM'd me asking for my role.

Specifically, "do you have any powers that can aid me?"

I flat out refused to give it to him.

He's certainly suspicious.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, but I can. Your red is meaningless in the face of time! I can poke, prod, and wedge holes in your arguments for as long as my god allows me, and I will reveal you to be the scum that you are!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:27 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Just guessing but....assuming NS is actually scum, LL is town. Not sure about Jack though. Doesn't seem like a horrendous potential scum gambit.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 am

Time is all you have on your side Battler.

Certainty is my power. Fitting that the god of Judgment would have a Priest of Certainty.

It is certain that time will run out on <YOU> Battler-kun. Prepare to be judged.

All I need now is for Dlanor A. Knox to show up, and we can really have a party. :P

P-Edit: DRKitty, if NS was scum, this could certainly be a gambit, because the
GODS CANNOT BE LYNCHED/KILLED.
NS can suffer the suspicion.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Equinox »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:All I need now is for Dlanor A. Knox to show up, and we can really have a party. :P
Drench isn't here to enjoy the fun.

The comments are null. It's Jack and Nobody Special, after all.

I'm going to treat this like Vi's seraphs and just focus on the people that can be lynched... with the added benefit of watching the gods potentially slip up since they're actually posting.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:35 am

Equinox wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:All I need now is for Dlanor A. Knox to show up, and we can really have a party. :P
Drench isn't here to enjoy the fun.

The comments are null. It's Jack and Nobody Special, after all.

I'm going to treat this like Vi's seraphs and just focus on the people that can be lynched... with the added benefit of watching the gods potentially slip up since they're actually posting.

1) Poor Drench. He can't come to my Tea Party.

2) Yeah, it's best to focus on who we can lynch, and treat the Gods separately.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”