DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:55 am

Post by DTMaster »

FYI: Jack doesn't belong to that list of yours.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:56 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I just iso'd Benmage, he's really lurky and tentative.

Jack may have been sending the traitor a message. He belongs in the list. Sorry.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:59 am

Post by Andrius »

Cool beans we're purging those fruitless supporters of yours, DGB. nopoint needs death, and Jack and tajo as well. :(
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:01 am

Post by DTMaster »

Also note: Farside I have a message via NS should one of us die. Lets just say that I'm entertaining a few of your cases in the QT and asked NS to post it in thread as my wild card case. But it's been silent in the thread. V.V.

It's confirmed though that PMing and QTs aren't part of the activity checks so I couldn't get a prod on NS officially

@Andruis
1. Hito you only added 1 name to DGB's list. You're ignoring the biggest ones. And Nopoint is doing substantially better then most people (e.g. You)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 am

CURRENT OFFERINGS AT THE ALTAR

DELICIOUS FRESH FRUIT

hitogoroshi
farside22
Equinox
Andrius

WINEGRAPES

Mina
me=weird/CMAR/nopoint
DEAD Lady Lambdadelta

DEAD DeathRowKitty

PRUNES

Feysal
Zang/DTMaster

OVER RIPE & MOLDY

themanhimself/Corvuus
DEAD SpyreX

WORMY APPLES SERVED BY A TALKING SNAKE

Jack
Benmage
populartajo/brokenscraps
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:12 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Benmage
Don't you have insights of your own to put forward? Everything so far has been extremely reactionary. (There's no actions/scumhunting/etc put forward from you via cases at all).

@Hito
1. HOLD ON. You establish a Corvuis versus NS link? Wouldn't you logically want to solve this scum mystery now (you have reads on both NS/Corvus)? In a pure numbers game, it's the best time to look at this mess since we can afford the mistakes now (if there are any) rather then later.

2. I'm still miffed that DRK made me question my initial read V.V. Stupid paranoia.

@DGB
1. I'd be willing to investigate Feysal only on the off chance there's distancing afoot. But due to the wagon shifts that occurred last day I might have to agree with the Feysal-town read supported stronger by Spyrex, and go from there.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:15 am

VOTE: Benmage

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:16 am

Hey DTM

Would you investigate tajo, or is that too risky?

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 am

Post by DTMaster »

No probs to Tajo, considering that my death is the only good result I can get.

I prefer the neutral investigation route just strategically since it covers more bases.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 am

Post by DTMaster »

So if you want I could totally investigate him tonight. I have no issues with that.
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

I swear I think I've read this exact same dance with DTM regarding the hider interaction before in a different game.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

However I don't think he's incompetend so he's probably not scum, as hider seems a really awful fake claim. Otoh outing himself was terrible.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Nobody Special »

DTMaster wrote:NS if you're done being pissed off, and since the only update is you think I'm scum then like I said in the QT has I flood your e-mail please answer my question: Do you have critiques to my cases/arguments?

Considering that you never once brought it up when I asked you to passed the messages and just passed the messages for me puts your stance to be poor. I take responsibility for what happened, but if you were always of thought that it was a failure then you should have attacked me during the claiming I did in QT. Jack and DRK both did. LL even said that she didn't trust me via you.

But you were the only one who expressed the popular idea only in the aftermath. So yeah, I gave my reasonings to why I chose the 3 reads: DRK, Benmage, nopointinacting up (Hito counts as 4 but as a town read rather then a scum/neutral read). I look forward to your case good sir.

Now on to the comments.
I do not (yet) have any critiques to your cases/arguments, only a critique to your method, which I've already stated.

Why would I comment on your gambit in the middle of it? If I refused to pass along your sooper seekrit messages, what would that have said about me? I take the stance that, as an Immortal, I'm in more of an overseer type of role in this game, in addition to being a player. I didn't feel that it was my right to squash your activity no matter my opinion of it.

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Hello scum! The fact that you have to mention the below totally gives you away.
DTMaster wrote:Please note: as LLD pointed out that since roleblocks supersede misc.1 actions (e.g. probably Hide) that Nopoint isn't clear sadly :<.
Hey. SpyreX didn't know who he was crumbing to. But he crumbed to NS, hoping that Jack had crumbed that NS is scum. Maybe that's why he tried so hard to connect to NS. You can see it. But NS is totally oblivious, to his credit.

Well, I'll have to go back and reread SpyreX to find this desperate Quest for Connection.
:roll:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
WAIT GUIZ

If SpyreX didn't know his buddies, that means DTMaster is 100% scum.

For the challenged among us (that would be me), can you explain this connection?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Also, yes, due to the snowstorm, I was without internet for almost two days. I know I have to respond to LLD's flip (have to find all the pre-QT PMs) but if there are other questions for me that I missed, feel free to pester me. I'm all caught up now.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Feysal »

Another day, and the posts keep coming. I see wagons starting to form on hitogoroshi and Benmage. I'll be giving them both a closer look, but off the top of my head I'd say hitogoroshi is the more suspicious due to his actions, while Benmage is suspected only for not having done much. Like I said yesterday, that may be due to him falling behind in his games site wide, but he is certainly running out of time in getting his game in order.
farside22 #1270 wrote:Did anyone in FF's group get a this info?
I did too, apparently at the same time Equinox did. I brought up SpyreX first in fact, because of his stance regarding Jack.

Might as well explain what that was about. I've been referring to an ongoing game, which ended on Sunday, so now I can talk about it. The game was Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War, with Jack and SpyreX as two of the scum. In that game, Jack started with a gambit where he claimed the Consulmaker role. He was promptly counterclaimed, proven to have lied, and eventually executed. I still don't understand why he did it. After seeing that, I have to say that gambitting is a null tell from Jack.

That tells me little about Jack this game, but it made SpyreX look very odd. Having been scum with Jack in that game, he should've known better than most that the gambit was a null tell, and him saying that Jack would be telling the straight truth was even stranger.

We don't learn much from the SpyreX flip though. Like nopoint said, he did not know who the scum were, and the scum did not know who he was either, so there are no associative tells to look for, one way or the other. SpyreX may have tried to establish contact with the scum team, but there is no telling if he was right about who the scum were.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 am

Post by DTMaster »

Yay the god speaks. But the line of logic is weak considering that while I gambited I was gauging people's responses to my gambit. (Hence the DRK town read, and the Jack town read and the LLD is normal read).

Plus can you point to more specifics NS god. Considering that you're always vague with: it's your gambit, the method:

I want "whats", and "whys" answered to this.

Finally I've asked you to comment on my reads. If you are maintaining a scum read on me, then I'm revealing information by providing defined reads to you in thread and in QT. Thus you should be able to establish more definite statements against me because I've outlined my clear town/scum reads to you. In addition to commenting about these players, you'll be able to contribute to the game as a whole since I literally asked you to talk about almost everyone in the game.

You sir do not function as a simple overseer to the game. You sir have a vote. If you were both immortal and voteless then I might let it pass but you have the ability to change the activity in the thread (or QT) by participating and voting. You have a physical influence on this game. So your assessment on your role is terrible.

You have a brain. Use it. Or be condemmmed. Shuuuuuuunnnnned and condemmmmmed (since this is a god theme and all :[p)
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:44 am

Post by DTMaster »

Spyrex's flip has information. His goal is to survive and to let scum know he's a traitor. So I'd suspect though that Spyrex's actions could pull out town reads (buddying to see who he thinks are the strongest players). I wouldn't discount anything, even if it's minor.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:44 am

Post by DTMaster »

It's also possible (sadly) that Spyrex would use the scum read/town read idea to defend what he would normally call his scum reads and support the lynches of his normal town reads.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:29 am

Post by zoraster »

Day 2 Vote Count

Andrius ( 1 ) Jack,
(L - 7 )

populartajo ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

hitogoroshi ( 4 ) Lost Butterfly populartajo, Equinox, farside22,
(L - 4 )

nopointinactingup ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Equinox ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

farside22 ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Feysal ( 1 ) Andrius,
(L - 7 )

Lost Butterfly ( 1 ) nopointinactingup,
(L - 7 )

Corvuus ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Benmage ( 3 ) Corvuus, DTMaster,
DrippingGoofball,
(L - 5 )

Jack ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

DTMaster ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

No Lynch ( 0 )
(L - 8 )

Not Voting ( 5 ) Benmage,
Fishythefish,
Feysal, hitogoroshi,
Nobody Special,

Total Votes ( 15 )

Deadline: March 7th at 23:00 EDT
With 15 able to vote, 8 needed to lynch.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:32 am

Feysal wrote:Might as well explain what that was about. I've been referring to an ongoing game, which ended on Sunday, so now I can talk about it. The game was Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War, with Jack and SpyreX as two of the scum. In that game, Jack started with a gambit where he claimed the Consulmaker role. He was promptly counterclaimed, proven to have lied, and eventually executed. I still don't understand why he did it. After seeing that, I have to say that gambitting is a null tell from Jack.
If Jack was scum, why do you call it a null tell, instead of a scum tell?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:34 am

DTMaster wrote:It's also possible (sadly) that Spyrex would use the scum read/town read idea to defend what he would normally call his scum reads and support the lynches of his normal town reads.
That's my working hypothesis, exactly.

Which would mean that SpyreX had a scum read on tajo and Jack.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Andrius »

Unvote, Vote: tajo

Can we do this now?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might give a double vote to whomever wants to hammer.

VOTE: Tajo

Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Feysal »

DrippingGoofball #1344 wrote:
If Jack was scum, why do you call it a null tell, instead of a scum tell?
Because Jack does gambits regardless of his alignment. Fishy posted an example of this earlier in the game, and his reputation for town gambits also came up in the game I linked to.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 am

Post by populartajo »

UPDATED

town

DTMaster
CryMeARiver
Equinox
Mina
Jack
farside22 NEW
Lady Lambdadelta
TOWN

neutral (lynch when scum list is done)

Corvuus NEW
Andrius NEW
Feysal NEW
Benmage

scum

hitogoroshi
SpyreX
SCUM
DeathRowKitty
TOWN
[/quote]

so yeah basically hito is still scum, Feysal is improving with the posting but still there is something bothering me about his careful playstyle. Benmage is a useless prick who very well could be scum. I need to reread Corvus since I remember reading him well from UncertainJKitten's game. Andrius should stop buddying up to DGB, assuming she is town, which Im having a hard time deciding if wacko DGB is town DGB. It reminds me of Rocissi Winter but I dont remember a DGBscum game from the top of my head. DGB can you link me to a scum game?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”