Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Benmage »

Internet Struggle
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Equinox »

Prod: Nobody Special

:twisted:
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

farside22 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
CMAR's player slot is now officially townie. And it's funny that the mod just ninja'd me with the replacement announcement!
I reserve the right to judge that for myself when the player actually makes a worthwhile post.
Indeed you should. In the QT, after the message where he told me he'd ask for replacement, he came back, and he posted some last thoughts. That shows me that in brain was in a scum hunting frame of mind and he actually regretted asking for replacement.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I've been busy reading and coming to conclusions and also busy with my New QTs in discussions with my Loyal Followers.

Some reads:

DRK is scum.
Andrius is oblivious. And frustrating (to me).
Jack, as much as I hate to say it, is most likely Town.
farside is scum.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 am

No. farside is town.

Do you have insights into your Loyal Followers that you'd like to share with the rest of us?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Not yet. We're still working on it....
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Sooo post 700 was an in thread code with my God.... But it appears Equinox knows this....HOW?? Did Equinox just scum slip?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage wrote:Sooo post 700 was an in thread code with my God.... But it appears Equinox knows this....HOW?? Did Equinox just scum slip?
I don't. I'd been waiting for 12:51 PM to pass so I could 48-hour prod Nobody Special and get him posting here and not Mish Mash.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Benmage »

with a twisted....
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Equinox »

Yes. With a twisted face. Does it matter if I adorn the prod or not?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:57 am

Post by Benmage »

Why did you need to give him 48 hours?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Equinox »

zoraster wrote:5. Any player may request a prod on any other player, so long as it’s not unreasonable by saying in the thread in bold Prod: <player>
"Not unreasonable" = 48 hours

I've always followed that rule in a game that allowed player-requested prods. (I do it in my modded games, as well.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Equinox »

Benmage, if you don't believe me, do these:

1. Iso Nobody Special in this game
1a. See that he caught up to page 25 and promised reads, comments, etc. later
1b. Also see the iso that is quite lacking in content
2. Go to Nobody Special's profile and view his posts
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Equinox wrote:
Benmage wrote:Sooo post 700 was an in thread code with my God.... But it appears Equinox knows this....HOW?? Did Equinox just scum slip?
I don't. I'd been waiting for 12:51 PM to pass so I could 48-hour prod Nobody Special and get him posting here and not Mish Mash.

You've got an evil mind, good sir.

I like it. :twisted:
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Andrius »

Mina wrote: The one thing holding me back was that I find a few of his posts rather fluffy, and he seems quite buddy-buddy at times. But I think Andrius is always pretty friendly and jokey.
I'm always like this, especially on D1.

Mina leans town for me. Catching up is a bitch, and she seems honest about it.

nopoint!! <3 DGB is the best to worship, so. :D

I'm "oblivious and frustrating" to NS because he's scum and I'm uber-town now so he can't justify his earlier reads on me anymore.
I'm shining now. Can't touch this. *dances*
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Nobody Special wrote:
Not yet. We're still working on it....
Hurry up

Same for Fishy. I want your thoughts on your followers, too.

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nobody Special, my head hurts like hell, and I want less work to do. How does themanhimself's play in this game match what you know of his town meta?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Equinox »

Oh, and hi Feysal. You probably should post something today.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by zoraster »

Corvuus replaces themanhimself
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Equinox »

Leave it to me to not phrase shit correctly.
Equinox wrote:
How
does themanhimself's play in this game match what you know of his town meta?
EDIT: Welcome, Corvuus! Are you scum?
Corvuus
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Corvuus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Corvuus »

Hi!

I'm replacing in for the man.

Thanks for the welcome; no i am not scum.

I'll try re-reading today and tomorrow as much as i can.

Corv
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by farside22 »

Just rereading a few things. I still get that feeling that SpyreX is scum. He is just floating by as well. Making fluff comments. So far one case on Mina, other then that I don't have a good town feel from SpreX either.

scum list:

DRK
SpyreX
Hito (yes he's still on there)

the I have no read list:
cmar (insert replacement name here)
DTM (his last post gave me somewhat warm fuzzy's but after the last game I was in with him, I keep one eye open while sleeping with him)
Benmage
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Feysal »

Responding to prod. Three days already without a post from me? Thought it was less.
Mina #690 wrote:-
Feysal:
I seem to have some answering to do.

I often write long posts. That is indeed my style. In this case, those posts about theory and motivations are also due to being questioned by Equinox.

I have indeed seen SpyreX and Andrius as scum in an ongoing game, SpyreX in fact twice. He was the scum read I felt more confident about, especially with his early stance of calling Jack town and that he was telling the straight truth about Nobody Special and themanhimself both. That looked very odd to me, still does in fact, though I feel less certain after his more recent posts, and after it was revealed what DGB and her priests have been doing.
Mina #690 wrote:Voting SpyreX not because he suspected him, but because
he wanted to leave a voting record
- coincidentally, only
after
tajo called him out on a lack of vote. Talk about a way to make me feel antsy on the bandwagon. What I love is that he doesn't even mention tajo in that post; he just goes, "Yeah. I've just noticed, ha ha ha, that Benmage and I are the last two to vote."
Oddly enough, populartajo calling me out for my lack of a vote in the previous post was just coincidence. I did mention him though, I spotted his post in preview and responded. I'd written the part where I voted SpyreX before I even saw that post. In retrospect, I guess I should've known that was a mistake. I have been accused before of minimizing my vote footprint, and hoped to fix that. I felt foolish for not voting SpyreX sooner when my suspicion had been stronger, but since I still had nothing better, I figured leaving a vote on record there was a better use of it than not using it at all. Instead I ended up needlessly making myself look bad.
Mina #690 wrote:Also a bit nonplussed that I'm the one who apparently showed him the light on SpyreX. Um...what? I have the town cred of a NK-immune miller vig this game.
Not in my eyes you don't. Your reads and thoughts have matched mine to a surprising degree, and that gives me a good read of you. For instance, I agreed with nearly all of your reads and arguments in your post. There was one notable exception though:
Mina #690 wrote:I've already commented on my thoughts on the gambit. Now that Jack's made it clear that it wasn't real, I'm inclined to consider it as a town tell. If someone has meta of Jack doing something similarly outrageous as scum, now's the time to share it.
I do, but it is an ongoing game, so I can't talk about it or link to it, even though there are no surviving players left who would also be in this game. themanhimself also mentioned another ongoing game. Damnit, how do you deal with cases like this?

Anyway, from my point of view I can't treat the gambit as anything other than null. Jack does gambits regardless of alignment. I've found his later posts better, but he is still far from being a good read. I have him as slightly townish now.
Mina #690 wrote:I'd also like more of an expansion on this:
Feysal #591 wrote:Let's see, what did I miss? Fishy and Lady Lambdadelta arguing. I don't really see why this would be a big deal. Next, DGB and populartajo arguing. This looks much more interesting, and Andrius joining in is most welcome.
Um... who cares if it's a "big deal" or "interesting." You're a scumhunter, not a news reporter. Do you have any thoughts on who's coming out well in this fray?
What I meant by it not being a big deal was that I felt it was much ado about nothing. I don't think the argument between Fishy and Lady Lamdadelta made much of a difference in my reads, I'm still at null on them both. Lady Lambdadelta is on my to-do list of ISO reads, that should help me get a better read.

As for DGB and populartajo, and Andrius, it was more interesting because I got town reads of DGB and Andrius from that. populartajo I'm not decided on, though I am leaning town. I see a point in his favor in his own story, which he himself seems not to have spotted. In #468, he mentions that at first he did not know gods could be scum. With that background, I can see him thinking that DGB could have tricked a careless townie into claiming vanilla townie, since according to his story,
he himself was such a careless townie
. Also, I don't see the scum motivation of antagonizing your own god, unless it was distancing, and my town read of DGB is too strong for me to believe that, plus their fight is a bit much to be distancing. This would suggest him being town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by SpyreX »

DGBBBB

ITT: Mina gives no scum reads yet BUT:
Oh, come on. Of course I didn't literally not mention a single name all game. It was a facetious reference to what a filthy lurker I've been. But there was a grain of truth to that comment; unless you count my RVS vote for farside22, my first two posts didn't contain a single scum read or concrete suspicion, and I explicitly said that I had no clue what was going on...and my God, I'm actually having an argument about whether I'm scummy because my contributions HAVEN'T been crappy so far. But anyway, no matter whom I'd voted for, it would have been someone I'd never mentioned before (unless I decided to backtrack on one of my town reads). Because I didn't mention that anyone was scummy!
No. You could have in fact USED WORDS to fuel the vote. Or DONE THINGS before voting.

And the jump from "I didn't talk about anyone" to "I didn't say anyone was
scummy
" exacerbates this problem.
I can't speak for others' reasons for distrusting you, but this is ridiculous. You can just as easily find arguments for why it's scummy to vote a popular bandwagon, or why it's scummy to vote someone whom everyone thinks is town. Now that I've given my reasons, you can evaluate whether you think they make more sense for town than scum, but other people also finding you suspicious is irrelevant.

(That said, to be honest, those familiar with your play disliking it probably gave me more confidence in my read, because it meant I wasn't taking crazy pills.)
Again, what reasons?

Its "LOL META SPYREX META WOO"

And when the masses started a rumblin you jumped.
I can think of a reason for why MWR's first two posts would merit a vote, but he certainly hadn't started "floundering" at that point. Humour me (unless you don't want to help me write my blurb on Me = Weird).
Initially its gut on the classic numbers paranoia TM when LLD started statistics (its an easy thing to attack AND if it stumbles on the right path its normally bad juice).

But, the questions (of the absolutely junk kind) was the kicker.

Questions are fine. Those questions are the derail/fluff that when a little fishy pretending to be a big fishy does to try and shuck and move.
Maybe it's just that you missed Jack has admitted it was a gambit...but actually, yes. Everyone has moved away from it. No, seriously. Has one person said, "Hey, we should lynch Jack soon!" in the past few pages?

Maybe it's just that you missed Jack has claimed it was a gambit...but actually, everyone has moved away from him. No, really. Has anyone even suggested a Jack lynch within the last fifteen pages? Anyway, I should admit that it was partly just a gut feeling that your stance on Jack didn't feel natural--as if you were trying to milk town cred for being the first to declare he was town, but still keep on reminding people that we should.
This argument will defeat itself. As it sits, we'll see who is right about this particular dance when the time comes.
Just out of curiosity, what's your read on Fishythefish? I mean, ignoring Nobody Special's behaviour, of course.
Thats a real hard and altering piece to ignore. In a vacuum? Not impressed. Slightly scummy. However, not a vacuum so.
If you genuinely believed that Jack was telling the truth, why didn't you vote themanhimself?
Because I still want to go this way. That knot, even as it was, will untie itself. Knocking out another leg has merit.

(and, it pains me to say it, but META says that the series of events I found the least likely is still higher than I'd like. *vomit*)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:23 pm

The Mina I've grown to adore overthinks everything. I think that's why I like her. The massive overthinking. It pleases me as much as fruit.

Overthinking isn't a scum tell. It's a Mina tell.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”