SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

Whaaaa
Dude, I didn't mention anyone's name before then.
(In fact, did you even post twice between my first and second posts of the game?) If anything, that's why you should be suspecting me.
Voting for farside, quoting nobody special, talking about Jack, inquiring about LLD, GIVING TOWN READS ON Equinox and Feysal, even vouching for tajo.

You posted more than a few words in your first two posts and mentioned a hard chunk of the game.

EVEN IN THE POST YOU VOTED FOR ME YOU SAID "It's weird that so many people have called Spyrex scum, but not one person is voting for him, by the way."

So the hell is this?

Along that front:

Code: Select all

Are you really using the "voting without reasons is scummy" argument (particularly since I don't think you've once given a reason for suspecting Me = Weird, despite repeating that he's scum over and over again)? I thought I'd made it obvious in my vote-and-run that there were reasons behind my vote. (But unfortunately, Fishythefish is the only one who can corroborate that I posted a partially completed case on SpyreX in the QT--although I started second-guessing it--so you'd have to take his word for it.) Moving a vote from a townish-looking player to a suspect is more constructive than not posting anything at all. And yes, I'd have obviously been happy if that vote had sparked a bandwagon on you, because I suspected you and it might draw more of a reaction from you.

Yes, yes I am. AND YOU YOURSELF SAID WHY. All of a sudden because I don't have my A game every little rat scurring around has been going "Ohh look SpyreX is scum because he's not ROCKING THE SOCKS OFF". You used this little bit of happiness to jump into the fray after mentioning me 0 under the reasons of 0.

And, yes, the reason for MWR is there and I'm pretty confident I don't need to explain it past floundering fishies.
Actually, something that almost psyched me out of voting SpyreX is that, on the surface, he does say multiple times that we shouldn't lynch Jack, so I'm not sure how fair it is to accuse him of softly supporting Jack's wagon. Also, he got the upper hand in his back-and-forth with Nobody Special. But I still felt as though something was off about his stance on Jack.
It's just how he keeps on coming back to the fact that we need to check Jack one way or the other
(without suggesting a plan as to why), when virtually everyone in this game has moved on from Jack by now. I think this quote bugged me the most:
Swing and a miss.

I'm saying the Jack situation needs to be resolved SO IT GOES AWAY. So it isn't a focus and things can move forward.

Its too easy and there's TOO MANY PEOPLE CLAMORING ABOUTS IT FOR IT TO BE SCUM.

And "they've moved away now" is a cop out because I will eat all the hats in the multiverse if, later, that it doesn't get brought up again. And again. And again.

However, lets be fair on the flipside of the issue.

Jack's status at this point has nothing to do with NS being the scum god. NS is the scum god because HE IS SCUM. Jesus. Look at the difference in methods and end-goals between ohh DGB and NS. (and, my unicorn princess, this is probably coloring PART of what we're talking about in the QT).

Upping the stakes on tmh, as it were, also doesn't make sense as a true 'gambit' because in the scenario where he's called out and lynched IF TOWN then tmh goes to rope.

That said, with Jack's moves and rereading since it PROBABLY is a gambit and I'm a little sad.

Regardless, M=W is scum, NS is scum and you're sure moving that way.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Benmage »

Peer :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Heyo..so i'm thinking 5-10 pages a day from here on out till I'm caught up seems reasonable.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Interestingly enough, my god within the first 5 minutes of the game PM'd me asking for my role.

Specifically, "do you have any powers that can aid me?"

I flat out refused to give it to him.

He's certainly suspicious.
Indeed, suspicious.
Andrius wrote:I've already offered to claim to my Goddess.
Why?
Equinox wrote:DeathRowKitty, Jack, Nobody Special: You sent/received a PM similar to Lady Lambdadelta's. Confirm/deny?
I had a deleted message from NS for what its worth.
Nobody Special wrote:I confirm that I sent one (or more) PMs asking after abilities. I acknowledge that even though I'm Immortal, that may have been a tad aggressive. And potentially a mistake.
Andrius wrote:I was honestly thinking 4-5 scumbags for some reason.
Forgot there are FIFTEEN of us, not like 18-20.
Definitely 3-4 then.

I actually like 4 better; leads to less outguessing when we actually get dead scumbags.

I echo the sympathies of my Goddess.
3 + the scum god. Though mayyybe 4.
DrippingGoofball wrote:

NO. My towndar is near-infallible
as everyone knows
, and I only trust myself. I do not submit to possible scum voting blocks. Furthermore, it's the only useful power I may grant, and I can only grant it every 4 days. So, no.

I think DGb is town.

Thats it for 1-5. On top of pg 6. I have skim read (mainly from a phone) random parts of this game...But a full read is definitely needed for a real grip of things.

I'll also try and remain concurrent with things from this post onward as I also read what I am behind in. So feel free to direct questions at me either things to note, or to comment on when I cross them.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Jack »

DGB's attack on tajo was terrible.

@someone: 4
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Jack »

And I haven't talked to NS at all after the first day.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Andrius ( 3 ) farside22, Jack,
Fishythefish,

populartajo ( 3 )
DrippingGoofball,
Andrius, hitogoroshi,
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
CryMeARiver ( 1 ) SpyreX,
SpyreX ( 1 ) Mina,
Equinox ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
Feysal ( 1 ) CryMeARiver
Mina ( 0 )
themanhimself ( 2 ) Lady Lambdadelta,
Nobody Special,

Benmage ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 1 ) populartajo,
Jack ( 2 ) themanhimself, Zang,
Lady Lambdadelta ( 0 )
Zang ( 2 ) Equinox, DeathRowKitty,
Not Voting ( 2 ) Feysal, Benmage,
Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: February 14th at 23:00 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Andrius »

Benmage - I offered to claim because that is how I play; I like to gamble a bit where I can control things, and crumbing is what I do.
I don't crumb when I'm afraid to claim, so I offered.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by Benmage »

Andrius wrote:Benmage - I offered to claim because that is how I play; I like to gamble a bit where I can control things, and crumbing is what I do.
But do you have any idea if you'd be claiming to the scum god or not?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by populartajo »

zoraster wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count

Andrius ( 3 ) farside22, Jack,
Fishythefish,

populartajo ( 3 )
DrippingGoofball,
Andrius, hitogoroshi,
hitogoroshi ( 0 )
CryMeARiver ( 1 ) SpyreX,
SpyreX ( 1 ) Mina,
Equinox ( 0 )
farside22 ( 0 )
Feysal ( 1 ) CryMeARiver
Mina ( 0 )
themanhimself ( 2 ) Lady Lambdadelta,
Nobody Special,

Benmage ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 1 ) populartajo,
Jack ( 2 ) themanhimself, Zang,
Lady Lambdadelta ( 0 )
Zang ( 2 ) Equinox, DeathRowKitty,
Not Voting ( 2 ) Feysal, Benmage,
Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: February 14th at 23:00 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.
this votecount is interesting, it shows that we fail at wagons, hell even Id be good with a wagon on me so we can catch lazy scumbags

but more importantly is that Feysal is indeed scum. Seriously go and iso her. (hint: Number of posts = 9, number of words= ap. 3000, number of votes = 0)

in other news, Spy, I might be missing it but can you tell me why MS=Weird is scum?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by populartajo »

Benmage wrote:
Andrius wrote:Benmage - I offered to claim because that is how I play; I like to gamble a bit where I can control things, and crumbing is what I do.
finally someone with a brain
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by populartajo »

hey hito you forgot to add a pic and a RESPONSE to this post, tia
populartajo wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:
populartajo wrote:someone explain to me (specially these new voters) what is my scum motivation to get in a dog fight with someone who a)is influential as hell and b)cant even get lynched.
It makes plenty of sense if your god is Fishy. You get to defend scummy-as-all-hell NS for some brownies with him (and lets not forget which god he is), conveniently brush off Fishy as null, and go in guns blazing for DGB. Then, because she's so obvtown, when pressed you can give us all the WIFOM gambit of, "what is my scum motivation to get in a dog fight with someone who a)is influential as hell and b)cant even get lynched."
serious question now, what are the odds of this happening (and probably getting lynched in the process) and what are the odds of me being town fighting for what I truly believe?
Call me Tajo.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:56 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

You don't need to grill him about claiming. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, maybe someone else did, maybe he's just saying he did, you'll never know.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

populartajo wrote:finally someone with a brain
And if you had one, you have realized a million years ago that I'm town - and since I know you do have a brain, I have to conclude that you are purposely obtuse because you're scum and you have to pretend you think I'm scum to satisfy your wincon.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
You don't need to grill him about claiming. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, maybe someone else did, maybe he's just saying he did, you'll never know.
Is that a reference to andrius?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by populartajo »

oh yeah, i should think you are town because you tell me you are town, thats excellent logic, my friend, maybe I should analyse the nulltells you are trying to paint as nulltells?

problem is that I DO have a brain and that Ill need AT LEAST a couple of flips and AT LEAST some decent wagons before having solid reads.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by populartajo »

DGB: lets do this NO U fight in the QT and stop filling the thread with nonsense that its only increasing the noise/information ratio, agree?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by populartajo »

Id like everyone's thoughs of Feysal lots of words but lack of voting.
Call me Tajo.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Post by Feysal »

Still not completely caught up, but I'm only two pages behind now.

Let's see, what did I miss? Fishy and Lady Lambdadelta arguing. I don't really see why this would be a big deal. Next, DGB and populartajo arguing. This looks much more interesting, and Andrius joining in is most welcome.

I believe hitogoroshi asked me earlier why I found specifically SpyreX and Andrius scummy, when there are others who are also not contributing. It was just that I've played with them both before and seen their scum play, which seemed to match their play here. SpyreX was the one I felt more confident I could read, and there was also his stance of calling Jack town very early, which I could not understand, and still don't.

As for Andrius, I'll have to reverse my read of him and say he is town. I know Andrius has a thing for masons, and him claiming his role to DGB, even without confirmation of her being town, sounds like what I'd expect from him as town. I can understand him taking the risk that he is wrong about DGB - I once did the same thing in an off-site game, taking a leap of faith and claiming to another player I could talk to on night zero, which turned out to be the winning move. The potential benefit outweighed the risk, and I can see Andrius thinking the same. If he were scum however, I doubt he would want to lock himself into a false claim this early.

DGB also looks clearly town. Vouching for Andrius, then revealing all this information of what she has been doing in her QuickTopics (even if that was partly due to populartajo) looks clearly town-motivated. I agree with what hitogoroshi said about scum more likely viewing their QuickTopics as an extra chore. That's one solid town read on a god.

I see me and Benmage are the last people who have not voted. My vote is doing no good unused, so I should fix that, but who to vote... Not going to support the Andrius wagon. populartajo I might, but I'll have to do a closer read of his posts first. SpyreX I'm feeling better about too. Oh well, guess I'll just leave a record that I suspected him, and change my vote when I know what I want to do with it.

Vote: SpyreX

Andrius #519 wrote:On that note, anyone have anything in specific for me? I think I've been fairly open in my catchup.
There is one thing. I asked you to explain your reads in #270, and I feel your wall post explained most of them, except the one that interested me most.
Andrius #270 wrote:Spy is town.
You were saying you found SpyreX scummy in your wall post. If so, where did this read come from?
populartajo #590 wrote:Id like everyone's thoughs of Feysal lots of words but lack of voting.
Noticed this in preview. Yes, I often use a lot of words, and I am cautious with my vote. Neither trait has anything to do with my alignment.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by Andrius »

Benmage wrote:
I did claim, and I'm very certain she's town. :D
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Andrius »

Feysal wrote: As for Andrius, I'll have to reverse my read of him and say he is town. I know Andrius has a thing for masons, and him claiming his role to DGB, even without confirmation of her being town, sounds like what I'd expect from him as town. I can understand him taking the risk that he is wrong about DGB - I once did the same thing in an off-site game, taking a leap of faith and claiming to another player I could talk to on night zero, which turned out to be the winning move. The potential benefit outweighed the risk, and I can see Andrius thinking the same. If he were scum however, I doubt he would want to lock himself into a false claim this early.
You're good.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by populartajo »

Feysal, can you link me to some games where youve shown this exact cautious behavior?
Call me Tajo.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Feysal wrote: I see me and Benmage are the last people who have not voted. My vote is doing no good unused, so I should fix that, but who to vote... Not going to support the Andrius wagon. populartajo I might, but I'll have to do a closer read of his posts first. SpyreX I'm feeling better about too. Oh well, guess I'll just leave a record that I suspected him, and change my vote when I know what I want to do with it.

Vote: SpyreX

What the hell am I reading.

Feysal, your vote isn't a tool for saying who you've suspected. It's a tool for
lynching the bad guys
. Do you really have absolutely no scum reads, no policy grudges, no SINGLE PERSON you want dead more than Spy?

You do make a good point about Andrius-town, though.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Andrius »

hito wrote: You do make a good point about Andrius-town, though.
:D

p.s. I really need to study for a test tomorrow, so I'll try not to be on here the rest of the night. :igmeou:
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Post by Equinox »

Unvote

Today is the day, I fucking swear to myself. The longer I put this off, the worse it's going to get, and I do not want to replace out.

Everything I said I'd do since Sunday is put on hold until Friday. I've got too much stuff going on right now and not enough hours. My priority here is to catch up and see what's going on, and I'll go from there.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

Fishythefish wrote:
farside22 wrote:So call this paranoid but here is my thought process:
Fishy created a QT saying that basically he would be not using it as much. It's like he didn't see a point to having a QT if you know what I mean.
He doesn't really use it, which bothers me a bit. I see mina stating she is putting all her thoughts down in the QT to fishy (i had meant to ask fishy what his view on Mina was, not equinox in one post I made) so far he hasn't responded. DGB is doing what I figure a good town player would do with unknown alliances in the QT.
I wonder why Fishy is asking questions in the QT that he should ask in the game, that are things I said in the game. These are my pondering thoughts with Fishy.
I have said why I won't respond to questions about my QTs, and you seemed satisfied with the answer. In my QTs, I'm generally trying to get discussion going (ours is among the worst of mine for that, as it happens). Honestly, I haven't been able to think of much to say to you - and you've hardly been pushing the conversation along. Trying to get things going is the reason I have asked you things there which seemed only marginally interesting in the thread.
I don't trust you. I'm a paranoid player by nature and believe that talking things out that bother me in open is more productive.
I asked about Mina specifically to you because of her constant, I'm chatting up with fishy in the QT instead of here post that bothers me. You stated you weren't really going to be checking the QT so I figured it was more useful talking here.

@tajo: Why do you keep acting like only your way is possible and nothing anyone else says seems reasonable?
I have this imagine of someone beating their chest or more like a child saying no, no, no your all wrong and only I am right.
I can't imagine why you don't see things from two points of views.
Either (1) DGB is scum trying to role fish (i personally don't see the question he asked can be made that way as someone not sure of DGB's alignment could lie and say yes to the question even if they have a PR themself)
(2) DGB was scum hunting in here group looking for reactions.

How are both not possible to your thinking?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by farside22 »

unvote: Andrius

This vote is clearly not a good one in my view anymore. Andy more then explained things and I got a good town vibe from his recent play.

vote: Spryex

The jury is out on tajo. I'm bothered by a few things he's saying, I sense the stubbornness from his post, but the unreasonable attitude is what I'm bothered by. It's not something I see often from town when hit with a whole lot of logic and can't see both sides. I do sense a bit of panic in his post so I'm willing to switch on tajo, but for now I want more from Spryex. Also DRK I wanted an answer to my question about why you stayed quiet most of this game until tajo voted for you then started spamming and pointing fingers to him?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”