Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

Me=Weird wrote:About town lists: Do people want me to share mine, or are you stupid enough to think that it's anti town? As scum, I can get a pretty good idea of who people see as protown without lists.
Why are you seeking our approval? :igmeou:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Trust me, I considered many possibilities before coming to that conclusion.
How were the other possibilities less likely than the conclusion you came to in post 256? hitogoroshi's and populartajo's explanations aren't that unlikely, no?
Feysal wrote:Insurance, and the possibility of learning more about Nobody Special's motives. With a gambit like this, there is always the risk that it leads to suspicion and a lynch starts to look possible. If that were to happen, Nobody Special could have saved Jack by explaining the gambit and that he was aware of it the whole time. How he reacted to the proposed gambit and whether he played along could've also given us a better read of him.
Hmm... The thought I had in mind was that Jack-town couldn't share with Nobody Special because he couldn't be sure about Nobody Special's alignment, which was why I wondered why you thought he would share beforehand.

And this is where I get confused (yet again). This post sounds like... Nobody Special is a safe place to go through for this kind of thing. Am I correct in this understanding?
Andrius wrote:Need to seriously read this game though; haven't been paying much attention, tbh.
:igmeou:

Ironic, considering [REDACTED].
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Andrius ( 2 ) Jack,
Fishythefish,

populartajo ( 1 )
DrippingGoofball,

hitogoroshi ( 1 ) DeathRowKitty,
me=weird ( 3 ) SpyreX, Zang, farside22,
SpyreX ( 0 )
Equinox ( 0 )
farside22 ( 1 ) Mina,
Feysal ( 1 ) me=weird,
Mina ( 0 )
themanhimself ( 2 ) Equinox, hitogoroshi,
Benmage ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) Lady Lambdadelta, Andrius, themanhimself,
Lady Lambdadelta ( 0 )
Zang ( 1 )
Nobody Special,

Not Voting ( 3 ) populartajo, Feysal, Benmage,
Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: February 14th at 23:00 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Equinox »

Yay for thread spamming.

Feysal, who's scum?

That question also applies to those people who are promising catch-ups.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Equinox wrote:Lady Lambdadelta, post 255 STAT.

themanhimself, I'm sorry, but if you didn't see how bloody obvious it was, then I have nothing to say to you. I can understand thinking that the Jack-NS PM exchange where they allegedly claimed scum to each other was real (I did at first), but when he changed his story with you, the game was up. Jack also doesn't explain jack when he does this kind of shit.

I am shutting this down
on my side
because arguing this with you is a waste of time. I see from the argument we had that we're both stone walls that aren't going to move, so there's no point in trying. All that would do is wall up this game.

Ah. Missed that. Sorry Equinox.

At the time of the post, I was voting Jack conditionally based upon whether I could see proof of this being a gambit. While I find his motives for it to be absolutely ridiculous, even scum has
no good reason
to lie about something like that. Essentially, NO ONE has a reason. It is now my opinion based upon current revelations, that it was all for the lolreactions.

This being said, We did get a solid reaction read on TMH. The same style of play he used in a scum Meta I have on him (which, again, cannot be referenced). I have only one lasting concern about this intel. The possibility remains that this was a SCUM Gambit, designed to create confusion, and reads based upon that confusion. A confused townie is nearly indistinguishable from a anti-town one. That is where mislynches occur.

This all being said, I wish to keep a further eye on Jack, but his lynch no longer provides the information it did before, and he is no longer the scummiest person in the game (now that I actually take the time to think about this, and make a half-decent post).

UNVOTE: VOTE: TMH

FoS: Jack
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Feysal »

Equinox #275 wrote:Hmm... The thought I had in mind was that Jack-town couldn't share with Nobody Special because he couldn't be sure about Nobody Special's alignment, which was why I wondered why you thought he would share beforehand.
Well, I don't see the danger even if Nobody Special was the scum god. It's not like it would've been anything secret, since Jack was going to try his gambit in thread in front of everyone. Of course, the scum god and priests knowing it was a gambit would've enabled them to give calculated responses. Spotting those might even have been easier than trying to separate townies wanting to lynch Jack for his lie from scum who see easy prey.
Equinox #275 wrote:And this is where I get confused (yet again). This post sounds like... Nobody Special is a safe place to go through for this kind of thing. Am I correct in this understanding?
If you're asking whether I think Nobody Special is a town god, I don't know. So obviously he is not
safe
. But, even not knowing which gods are to be trusted, informing them and claiming stuff through them is
safer
than doing it publicly in thread.

Suppose Jack was about to be lynched for his lie. If he had not warned NS about his gambit, it is unlikely he would intervene to save him. If Jack had warned NS about his gambit, the odds would be 2/3 that NS would be town and intervene to save Jack. Even in the 1/3 chance he was not, he might still intervene to maintain a town appearance, since if he did not and allowed Jack to die, he would look suspect for it.

The same applies to sharing just about all information. If you have something important to share from night actions, it is better to inform your god about it so he or she can post it in the thread. 2/3 odds say that your god is town, and all the scum learn is that one of the five priests has a power role. If you claimed it yourself in thread, the scum would know exactly who the power role was. Even if you got the 1/3 chance of your god being scum, your god might not have you nightkilled immediately, since he would have his reputation to maintain. If the power role was night killed immediately after claiming something through his god, the god would look suspect for it.

To make the point simple and short, even while we don't know which god is scum, power roles are likely to live longer if they claim through their gods, rather than claim publicly in thread. If we figure out who the scum god is, then obviously followers of that god should claim things in thread.

My argument is not that we should all immediately claim our roles to our gods (though doing so now would probably force the scum to make bad fake role claims, before they've learned anything about the setup from flips). The argument is that when you have something you want or need to claim, it is better to put your faith in your god being town than posting your claim in public.
Equinox #277 wrote:Feysal, who's scum?
I practically never have good reads at this stage in a game, but SpyreX and Andrius have caught my attention as possibilities. SpyreX looks somewhat odd for his apparently strong stance that Jack would be town, while I've noticed how Andrius has not been contributing much. I don't agree with the reason Jack mentioned for calling Andrius scum, that being "knowing" Jack would be town, but otherwise I have a scummy feeling about him. I'll have to take a closer look at them both, to see if such feelings are justified.

I think themanhimself is actually town. By now the scum should have noticed that Jack won't be easy pickings, and themanhimself still pushing Jack looks like town who believes he has found scum. There would be no scum benefit in attracting suspicion the way he is doing. We may have a better chance of finding scum among those who jumped off Jack as quickly as they jumped on him.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Post by Feysal »

Should've checked the vote counts before posting that... now I see you and hitogoroshi were the only ones who jumped off Jack, and I did not intend to come off like I was accusing you.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I still suspect Zang; my vote will serve better over here, though.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: TMH

Also on my radar are SpyreX and now Andrius.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

@DGB: I know my internet saves my sign in's. To see if tajo is really lying about the "mistake" I would check the times he posted as tajo and when he posted as Anonscum. If the times are short I would consider him lying.
I know one player that actually posted in his scum QT and then posted in another QT (he was mason scum) with the scum name.
I need reread this game to full. I really don't get the TMH lynch. I understand frustration when you feel someone is scummy and anyone who says what Jack didn't wasn't at the very least anti-town is out-right lying.
What TMH doesn't seem to compute is that Jack gambits I have seen usually have come from him being town. That game you guys are referring to wasn't as extreme as this in my view.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Equinox »

Unvote, Vote: Nobody Special

Unvote, Vote: Feysal

Unvote, Vote: Lady Lambdadelta

In a nutshell: Nobody Special is scum, Feysal's 280 stinks, and Lady Lambdadelta is wishy-washy.

The purpose of 275 was to confirm whether or not I saw a slip, and right now, I will say that I'm not happy with Feysal's answer in the first part of his post. It comes off like scrambling to cover the hole. The second part, I did not ask for but will humor anyway; the stuff about claiming information roles through one's god is OK I guess, since that limits the amount of unnecessary information that gets out to scum, but this:
Feysal wrote:Even in the 1/3 chance he was not, he might still intervene to maintain a town appearance, since if he did not and allowed Jack to die, he would look suspect for it.
Feysal wrote:If the power role was night killed immediately after claiming something through his god, the god would look suspect for it.
Let's not go down this road. I get that this may be your thought process on the whole matter, but posting stuff like this makes it difficult later down the road to read the situation when it comes up, since you've just prescribed here what your thoughts are and how you'd read it.

Fuck. I hope that was coherent.

279 really reminds me of how someone (sorry, I don't care to check right now) said that Feysal takes too many words to get his point across. Though in this case I'd say he went off on a tangent to get his point across.

So I really desperately need sleep right now, so anything I need to do here is gonna wait. Hang tight till then.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Equinox wrote: Fuck. I hope that was coherent.

It wasn't.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Jack »

Yes, the start of 279 is pretty absurd. Feysal says that if I had told NS it was a gambit, he would have known it was. But he knew it was regardless because he knew what he did and didn't say :neutral: And for someone who goes on and on about "even with a 1/3 chance that so and so is the scum god" he dismisses the use of getting reads on one of the gods pretty quick. And all that from someone who was puffing about arguments and reason earlier.

I'm surprised that people who have played with andy before can't tell he's scum this game.

DGB's fixation on brokenscraps/tajo is weird.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by Jack »

No, Feysal=Feysal
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:38 pm

Jack, does Feysal=Andy?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Did Fishy just use a time power on Jack? :p
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Jack »

I'M AMAZING
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:50 pm

SHIT.

IT'S A TRAP.

RUN.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by farside22 »

okay I'm doing some quick reads on people right now. However I need to stop due to child coming home and dinner needing to be finished.
Here are my views so far:

Andrius - I feel on the fence with Andrius. He's doing more joking around then scum hunting. His last post has town/scum but admits to not paying attention. Not sure how he can have a true list then. I don't really point to him and say SCUM, but nothing in his post really screams town either
populartajo - tajo replaces someone I know who is around. This bugs me. DGB mentions the QT mixed sign ups. So far tajo is in read mode. IGYEOU
hitogoroshi - I'm not sure why finding the scum god is a priority when we can't lynch or kill the God. Every town player worth their salt should be cautions of their God. The goal is to lynch or get the mortal scum.
hitogoroshi wrote:Okay, I get what you're doing, Jack. I still feel justified in the initial wagon on you- it's not a certainty that the scum immortal knows who the scum are, since a theme of this setup does seem to be "gather information in QT with your Immortal/your High Priests". Given that, it's not a huge leap to take your first post at face value, in my view at least. But you ratcheted it up to a zany level and TMH still jumped. I'm not quite sure if that's a newbtell or a scumtell, but regardless:

Unvote, Jack. Vote: TMH

Fun fact: if TMH flips scum, NS is one of the town gods.

Also, Equi is town.
Why did TMH jump or how? Why did you vote for him here?
post 246 why are you only seeing this from a scum prospective?
post258 red alert, red alert, giving an out for another player sets my scumdar going.

me=weird - votes LL when others used statistics too. Ask pretty pointless questions.
weird wrote:farside: I only mentioned LL because when I made the post she was the only one who'd talked about stats. Then I didn't notice the new posts in preview.
Hito: Post #46 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm
andrius Post #49 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:02 pm
LL Post #50 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:06 pm
DKR Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:10 pm
Me=Weird vote: Post #55 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Me=Weird lying 100%
so far vote is not moving.

Hito is also on my scum list.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Post by Jack »

You're right, me=weird is very scummy.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm confused, who is Andy? Is it NS?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm confused, who is Andy? Is it NS?
Andy = Andrius
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Post by Jack »

Anyway, so far:

Andrius
me=weird
feysal
And maybe tajo if dgb is scumgod

Look the worst. And a surprising number of other people are looking good.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

farside wrote:hitogoroshi - I'm not sure why finding the scum god is a priority when we can't lynch or kill the God. Every town player worth their salt should be cautions of their God. The goal is to lynch or get the mortal scum.

Can you really not see the power of having two confirmed super-mason groups?

If we can figure out who the scum god is, we'll be in a very powerful spot, because we'll know who the town gods are. I do agree with you that
at this point in time
, everyone should be cautious of their god - but ideally we'll be able to figure out the scum god, or at least one of the gods as town, and then start to utilize the power of our little ingroups.

It's also worth noting that scum would absolutely LOVE to get their god "cleared" for spurious reasoning. I repeat - if TMH is scum, NS is almost certainly one of the town gods.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Jack »

No, that's confused. There won't be any confirmation, so there will be no knowing, so there will be no powerful spot. You mention yourself that scum would love to get their god "cleared".
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Jack »

Although I do think it is a worthwhile subject, my reasons differ, mainly I want to see how they interact with people and how they use their powers.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I'm suspicious of LLL. I would have thought that someone who was pretty convinced herself that Jack's gambit was scummy, and retains some of that suspicion, wouldn't be as quick to attack TMH over his attitude to Jack. It's an unnatural pair of targets, whatever she thinks about Jack.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”