Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Zang »

Sorry for not posting but I'm reading now and should post tomorrow.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I think that NS is the Evil God right now. The attitude of "I'd OMGUS Jack but he's no danger" is just horrible.

As for people we can actually lynch, I'm not really feeling any of the scumreads going around right now.

VOTE: Andrius

Many posts, little content. His way of pushing the Jack wagon - with the odd post against him - is much scummier than tmh's. tmh seems to believe a lot more in the wagon.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Benmage »

Alright...you guys aren't gonna like me........BUT. I'm fully caught up on the site. I skimmed the first 5ish pages of this game. I'm gonna need to re-read them. I'd like to stay in this game. I've never replaced out. That said, unfortunately:

V/LA Thursday Evening to Monday Evening..Going Skiing/Superbowl.

It's more of I'm going to be busy, obviously, and might have sketchy internet access...but I have a track history of being quite active while away because of the downtime and elimination of usual distractions...I'm just a little qorried about sketchy internet in the ski house...but hopefully it is more LA than V.

:neutral:

I gotta go do some packing/organizations, maybe I can do some reading here before bed.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:23 pm

Post by Benmage »

Oh I'm sure there's plenty of people in this game who can vouch for me that I can 180 this around and be a lead contributor....replacements suxors anyways. Just hold out a little longer :mrgreen: .
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Post by zoraster »

Day 1 Vote Count

Andrius ( 2 ) Jack,
Fishythefish,

populartajo ( 0 )
hitogoroshi ( 1 ) DeathRowKitty,
me=weird ( 3 ) SpyreX, Zang, farside22,
SpyreX ( 0 )
Equinox ( 0 )
farside22 ( 1 ) Mina,
Feysal ( 0 )
Mina ( 0 )
themanhimself ( 2 ) Equinox, hitogoroshi,
Benmage ( 0 )
DeathRowKitty ( 0 )
Jack ( 3 ) Lady Lambdadelta, Andrius, themanhimself,
Lady Lambdadelta ( 0 )
Zang ( 1 )
Nobody Special,

Not Voting ( 5 ) populartajo, me=weird, Feysal, Benmage,
DrippingGoofball,

Total Votes ( 18 )

Deadline: February 14th at 23:00 EDT
With 18 able to vote, 10 needed to lynch.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Equinox »

What's with all the referencing to ongoing games? You're giving me work. :(

Also, somebody explain to me why I'm going for this again.
SpyreX wrote:Jack's upping the stakes makes no sense as a town gambit - he's either telling the straight truth or scum. Considering what we've seen from Fish and DGB, I'm thinkin its the former but I'll give it a real go in a bit
Considering that Jack increased the stakes by naming Nobody Special and themanhimself as scum buddies, what made you say he might be telling the "straight truth"? It doesn't look like it to me.
Feysal wrote:Jack is being provocative, and this should supposedly help him get reads, yet he himself said he could not tell who was scum and who was not.
Where did you see this? I'm having trouble finding it; he's named his suspects from what I can tell.

I also thought about what you said about him telling Nobody Special about the gambit in advance. What, in your opinion, would have been the benefits of telling him ahead of time? We don't know his alignment, after all.

I'm kind of lost at the moment. I see that themanhimself really believes in this Jack lynch as Fishythefish suggests, but the way he's answered people's questions bugs me; it's like he's throwing stuff into the bin from a meter away and then missing the bin. I need to figure out if that's honest or deliberate, and it looks like I need to metagame him for this sort of thing. Boo, work. Which I won't do because it's 4 in the morning and I'm sleep-deprived.

I'm not feeling the DrippingGoofball read. Unlike God of Useless Judgment over there, she's been posting her opinions of people. I'm warming up to Fishythefish, too; I'll have a use for our line of communication pretty soon.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:TMH, where do you see my vote currently?
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I have a recent scum Meta on TMH (on going game though, so I can't give details.)

He played rather similarly to this.
Your vote's currently on Jack. Which one's scum? Do you think both of them are scum?

Also, you stated that you wanted to know if this was "all an elaborate gambit," and if it wasn't obvious before, it's pretty obvious now that his story was a gambit. Where do you stand?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

farside22 wrote:DGB is lurking more
Sorry, been down with stomach flu, the roof and the basement were leaking. I slept for 48 hours and haven't eaten in as many.

farside22 wrote:She also called me town based on very little.

You're an easy read ;-) When I saw that first post of yours, I thought that you seemed eager to participate, and drew attention to yourself at the same time, in a way that would have been counterproductive for you if you were scum.

========================

In other news, I'm pretty sure tajo is scum based on some communications in the QT.

Tajo's first post in the QT was as "tajo."

The second post was as "Anonscum" - tajo's alt is Anon.

I think he forgot to change the login after posting in the scum QT.

VOTE: populartajo
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:52 am

Fishythefish wrote:
I think that NS is the Evil God right now. The attitude of "I'd OMGUS Jack but he's no danger" is just horrible.

As for people we can actually lynch, I'm not really feeling any of the scumreads going around right now.

VOTE: Andrius

Many posts, little content. His way of pushing the Jack wagon - with the odd post against him - is much scummier than tmh's. tmh seems to believe a lot more in the wagon.
Andrius is town. I will vouch for this until he makes a mistkae.

Also, Benmage is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:56 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

DGB wrote:
In other news, I'm pretty sure tajo is scum based on some communications in the QT.

That doesn't seen like a scumtell. Why would Tajo post in the scum QT under a different name? Surely it's just a sign he was doing something related to a
different game
, yeah?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:57 am

Anon isn't playing any games right now. So, no.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 am

Trust me, I considered many possibilities before coming to that conclusion.

In his message, he simply asked me if *I* could possibly be scum. These two things together are pretty damning.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 am

Post by populartajo »

lol

the first post was from my work where quicktopic hasnt saved my login name.

the second post was from my house were quicktopic has saved my login name, which is anonscum.

when i made that question (wait, you can be scum, right?) i was still reading the setup, i assumed wrongly you were town and we were even about to start interchanging ideas about how to play the game.

thats it basically.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Feysal »

Equinox #255 wrote:Considering that Jack increased the stakes by naming Nobody Special and themanhimself as scum buddies, what made you say he might be telling the "straight truth"? It doesn't look like it to me.
I could add that SpyreX is in both of the ongoing games me and themanhimself are in. He should know better than most that Jack can do crazy gambits as scum, so his stance of calling him town is curious.
Equinox #255 wrote:Where did you see this? I'm having trouble finding it; he's named his suspects from what I can tell.
This is what I meant:
Jack #119 wrote:Anyway I honestly can't figure out whether those people pushing the "lynch jack to learn about NS!" theory are scum (they should know better) or town (they should still know better) at this moment.
I should've been more specific. I've seen Jack post reads, but none of them appear to be related to his gambit, so the gambit seems not to have been helpful in getting reads.

SpyreX is the exception to this, due to him taking the stance that Jack is town. It is also odd that Jack missed this. He called Andrius scum for knowing he was town, but he has not mentioned SpyreX at all.
Equinox #255 wrote:I also thought about what you said about him telling Nobody Special about the gambit in advance. What, in your opinion, would have been the benefits of telling him ahead of time? We don't know his alignment, after all.
Insurance, and the possibility of learning more about Nobody Special's motives. With a gambit like this, there is always the risk that it leads to suspicion and a lynch starts to look possible. If that were to happen, Nobody Special could have saved Jack by explaining the gambit and that he was aware of it the whole time. How he reacted to the proposed gambit and whether he played along could've also given us a better read of him.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:51 am

populartajo wrote:lol

the second post was from my house were quicktopic has saved my login name, which is anonscum.

when i made that question (wait, you can be scum, right?) i was still reading the setup, i assumed wrongly you were town and we were even about to start interchanging ideas about how to play the game.

thats it basically.
I dunno, everytime I turn off my browser, I have to fill in the login name, which is remembered... until the next session only.

Do we have volunteers to make the experiment?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:52 am

populartajo wrote:lol

thats it basically.

I dunno, everytime I turn off my browser, I have to fill in the login name, which is remembered... until the next session only.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:55 am

And you know, it wouldn't make sense to have a tajo login at work, and an AnonSCUM login at home.

I don't believe it.

I'd love to believe it, because the last thing I want is to thin out my own mason group. But I don't.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

My QT's stay logged in at home forever DGB.
Considering that Jack increased the stakes by naming Nobody Special and themanhimself as scum buddies, what made you say he might be telling the "straight truth"? It doesn't look like it to me.
Maybe its the simple fact that its tantamount to suicide with little gain.

Of course, its happened before but when you combine that
with NS's 'play'.
Which is a key point, I'm saying town.

I also am fully aware he's getting lynched in the next day or two.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Feysal »

DrippingGoofball #264 wrote:

No need to experiment. The issue is not with QuickTopic, it must be with your browser not storing cookies between sessions. I can say I signed up in QuickTopic soon after joining the site, and I've only had to login two or three times since. And yes, I've been reading and posting in QuickTopics regularly.

I don't see why populartajo would be using a different name while posting in a mafia QuickTopic rather than when posting to you. His explanation seems plausible to me.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Mina »

I am so sorry for the lack of activity. I've been spread very thin this week, and have been flaking in all my games. Pretty much everything that has happened over the last five-six pages (since Nobody Special countered Jack) has flown way over my head, and I can't keep track of most of the players in this game.

I'm posting rough notes and general impressions in my god QT with FishytheFish (it's easier to post in a QT, because I can just be disorganized and post whatever fluff pops into my mind without being judged on it), so I'll make a more organized post when I'm finished.

Just a quick comment on the Jack: I'd actually thought the information he revealed made him look townish, so I was sceptical of the Jack wagon...until Nobody Special counter-claimed him, and Jack accused someone of being NS's buddy. >_>

(I can see a way Jack's accusation could be true--zoraster's answers to my question about whether the scum God knows his teammates seemed to skirt the issue--but I doubt Nobody Special is THAT gullible. "Oh, you're scum? Sure, so am I, and here are all my buddies, in case you didn't know.")

My read on Jack can be summarized as "WTF?" It surprises me that everyone is saying, "Oh, Jack is a terrible player, so this is a null tell." I've only seen him play in DEFCON 2.0 as town, and he kicked ass there. Even though he was succinct, his votes didn't come out of nowhere. But apparently, that was the one game in which he didn't try a crazy gambit, so maybe that wasn't a typical instance of Jack play.

I'm having trouble seeing Jack's motivations as scum or town. I'm assuming that if it's the former, he's trying to sow chaos, and if it's the latter, he's being outrageous and fishing for reactions. Right now, though, Jack is getting plenty of attention, so I'll try to look in other directions.

Jack: can I ask you a question?
What do you think the set-up is (no, not the town role distribution, the scum distribution)? How many evil priests do you think there are? Do you think the scum God can communicate with the scum team?

Equinox and Feysal look town. I'll save my thoughts on who's scum for when I'm caught up. farside was looking townish on a cursory skim read, so I'll probably move my vote.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I dunno, everytime I turn off my browser, I have to fill in the login name, which is remembered... until the next session only.

I can vouch for populartajo. I'm permanently logged into my QT account on this computer, and even on my phone browser. Maybe you don't have cookies enabled on your computer. (Preview-edit: ninja'd.)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:32 am

Post by populartajo »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
And you know, it wouldn't make sense to have a tajo login at work, and an AnonSCUM login at home.

I don't believe it.

I'd love to believe it, because the last thing I want is to thin out my own mason group. But I don't.
why wouldnt it make sense? my home has all my passwords and login names saved while at work i have to introduce again all this information.

this qt stuff has happened tons of times, people forget to log off and send a message with the saved log in, pretty sure this way is one of the top ways of catching alts in this forum.

in other news, im currently in page 1, will read all game by tonight, tia.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Andrius »

Jack needs death.
DGB is probably a town god.
NS is most likely scum god.
Fishy is in the middle with a meh.

LLD is town, though I don't necessarily like her attitude. :igmeou:
Spy is town.

Need to seriously read this game though; haven't been paying much attention, tbh.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:51 am

Post by Me=Weird »

I've got a slight scum read on Feysal. He's focused almost exclusively on Jack, seems afraid to vote despite seeming to have fairly strong suspects. Mostly though, I'm just getting a scumvibe from his posts, like he's trying to hard or something.
Vote: Feysal
DrippingGoofball wrote:In other news, I'm pretty sure tajo is scum based on some communications in the QT.

I disagree. Several people add scum to their QT names. Probably because most of the time you'd be using it, you'd be scum. And why would he be using an alt QT account just because he's scum?

Equinox, there wasn't much point in the questions, though the way I see it, scum would want BP for self-preservation, while town would want a more effective tool for eliminating scum. Although town PR's would probably want BP too. So they were pretty useless.

About town lists: Do people want me to share mine, or are you stupid enough to think that it's anti town? As scum, I can get a pretty good idea of who people see as protown without lists.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Andrius wrote:Jack needs death.
DGB is probably a town god.
NS is most likely scum god.
Fishy is in the middle with a meh.

LLD is town, though I don't necessarily like her attitude.
:igmeou:
Spy is town.

Need to seriously read this game though; haven't been paying much attention, tbh.

Love you too. :3
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:36 am

Post by themanhimself »

Equinox wrote: Also, you stated that you wanted to know if this was "all an elaborate gambit," and if it wasn't obvious before, it's pretty obvious now that his story was a gambit. Where do you stand?
How is that obvious at all? He still hasn't said word one about it since you brought up the gambit theory, he's trying to use you to make excuses for his play and you're letting him. That and how determined you are to shut down the conversation about this combine to some serious scumminess.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by Equinox »

Lady Lambdadelta, post 255 STAT.

themanhimself, I'm sorry, but if you didn't see how bloody obvious it was, then I have nothing to say to you. I can understand thinking that the Jack-NS PM exchange where they allegedly claimed scum to each other was real (I did at first), but when he changed his story with you, the game was up. Jack also doesn't explain jack when he does this kind of shit.

I am shutting this down
on my side
because arguing this with you is a waste of time. I see from the argument we had that we're both stone walls that aren't going to move, so there's no point in trying. All that would do is wall up this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”