hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:46 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

NS wrote:Simple. He's stirring the pot and throwing suspicion on me. If I were lynchable, I'd OMGUS. Since I can't die, he's not worth the vote.

So what are you saying here? You don't suspect Jack, but you'd vote him to save your skin if your skin needed saving?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:48 am

Post by SpyreX »

You CAN vote me?

Gee golly gosh
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:48 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I do not have a firm opinion on Jack at this time. As I've stated, his "gambits" are a nulltell as to his alignment. He does this as Town, he also does this as Mafia, he does this as third-party. He does this no matter his alignment. All I know for certain is that he is lying. Which, in his unique case, is a nulltell.

@hito: Essentially, yes. Fight fire with fire, I always say.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:20 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Sheesh, post more, 10 pages in one day is disappointing. >_> I'll post in a minute, but first, I just want to say that if Ellibereth ever replaces NS in this game, he's town because he was the God of Judgment in the dream I just had and he was town.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Weird wrote:So, questions.
1. Short deadline or long deadline?
2. Double-vote or immunity?
3. Do you agree that questions look better when there are three of them?
Not sure if we're done discussing this, but...
1. I would prefer a relatively short deadline at first that Fishy extends only if necessary. I'd rather we start out feeling a bit rushed and get more discussion time later than start out feeling like we have a lot of time and watch the deadline roll over us.
2. Is either one useful right now?
3. Definitely.
hito wrote:A lot of scumtells involve information being somewhere it shouldn't be. Understanding the probable links between mortals and immortals, scum and town, helps us track the information.

Though on reflection this is the sort of speculation better kept pocketed until someone actually catches something, so.
I know I was one of the people discussing the probabilities, but this seems overrationalized. I doubt that anyone calculating probabilities did so because they expected it to be particularly useful at the time and I find it strange that hito seems to imply he had thought they would be. He can haz scum points.
Andrius wrote:hito, the policy lynch is here.
Oh no, did I miss policy lynch time? :(
Vote: Andrius
Unfortunately I think he's town :/

I see the Jack wagon building up, but I've already seen ahead a bit to where he admitted to lying. Not sure I can really blame voters on the wagon, considering it really looked like a 1v1. Then again, it WOULD be a great excuse for scum to get off a quicklynch on a likely town player without taking as much heat for it. I'll take a look at it later. For what it's worth, I think DGB is the scum god, but then again, what are the chances I'm able to read her correctly?

TMH's insistence on lynching Jack is distur.....wait...did he just...OMG HE DID. HE ACCUSED JACK OF BEING A JESTER.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
VOTE: THEMANHIMSELF

In other news, Jack is town.

This post seems like a bit of an awkward change of position by LL. In particular, I don't like the "If Jack can convince me that this was a elaborate gambit, I'd say TMH is a good lynch today." at the end. It sounds like she's looking for an excuse to change her mind without looking bad for it.
FoS LL

@anyone who's played with TMH before
What's his general meta look like? If no one answers, I may have to resort to actually reading a game from him and I can't find my copy of Hooked on Phonics anywhere.

Blah blah, subtle town vibes from TMH. It makes me sad that it's possible someone who's town did what TMH did.

Huh...not as much happened on 9+ pages as I expected. I'm mostly left with a few nice town reads and a few rather shaky suspicions.

Leaving my vote where it is for now.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Bleh, tagfail on the link. You should all already know what I was linking to anyway.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 am

Post by themanhimself »

DeathRowKitty wrote: TMH's insistence on lynching Jack is distur.....wait...did he just...OMG HE DID. HE ACCUSED JACK OF BEING A JESTER. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I don't see the issue here. I've been a jester before and you pretty much just say the most ridiculous things you can which is what Jack has been doing. It's unlikely that this set-up uses a jester but what's the harm in suggesting it? And did I ever say he was a jester or that I even thought he was a jester? No, I said I was worried it was possible. And what's scummy about any of that? If he's a jester then obviously I wouldn't want to lynch him which is apparently how most people feel right now. That being said, I don't think he's a jester and I want to lynch the shit out of him.
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:53 am

Post by Andrius »

I've never seen DRK so active in my life. :P

Will catch up later, but
Why is Jack still alive? :?
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:01 am

Post by themanhimself »

Feysal wrote:
themanhimself #188 wrote:I'm
not
going to reference an on-going (regardless of the fact that he's dead in it)
You just did. I know what you're thinking about, I'm in that game.
Uhhh.... no you're not. I even double-checked the player list
If P then Q.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Equinox »

themanhimself wrote:
DeathRowKitty wrote: TMH's insistence on lynching Jack is distur.....wait...did he just...OMG HE DID. HE ACCUSED JACK OF BEING A JESTER. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I don't see the issue here. I've been a jester before and you pretty much just say the most ridiculous things you can which is what Jack has been doing. It's unlikely that this set-up uses a jester but what's the harm in suggesting it? And did I ever say he was a jester or that I even thought he was a jester? No, I said I was worried it was possible. And what's scummy about any of that? If he's a jester then obviously I wouldn't want to lynch him which is apparently how most people feel right now. That being said, I don't think he's a jester and I want to lynch the shit out of him.
The problem is that your jester speculation was unprovoked, and usually if a game has a jester, there's some sort of warning about bastard modding beforehand.

Hmm. This post reads to me as honest confusion... which makes
me
confused because themanhimself's record is big enough that he shouldn't be displaying this kind of newbtell (or the tunneling).

I need to think about this.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:15 am

Post by themanhimself »

Equinox wrote: Hmm. This post reads to me as honest confusion... which makes
me
confused because themanhimself's record is big enough that he shouldn't be displaying this kind of newbtell (or the tunneling).

I need to think about this.
I took a four year absence and came back about two and a half months ago
If P then Q.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:17 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I have a recent scum Meta on TMH (on going game though, so I can't give details.)

He played rather similarly to this.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by themanhimself »

Nobody Special wrote:
All I know for certain is that he is lying. Which, in his unique case, is a nulltell.
So lynch all liars unless they lie a lot?
If P then Q.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Yes.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Jack »

Andrius is scum, but it's something you have to see.

Lady L could be scum, Feysal could be scum (aka he of the 5000 words that could be summarize with "jack is slightly scummy").
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Jack »

TMH is at least consistent with the other games I've played with him (ongoing but I can say that much).
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

TMH wrote:I don't see the issue here. I've been a jester before and you pretty much just say the most ridiculous things you can which is what Jack has been doing. It's unlikely that this set-up uses a jester but what's the harm in suggesting it? And did I ever say he was a jester or that I even thought he was a jester? No, I said I was worried it was possible. And what's scummy about any of that? If he's a jester then obviously I wouldn't want to lynch him which is apparently how most people feel right now. That being said, I don't think he's a jester and I want to lynch the shit out of him.
Town sees scummy behavior and assume scum. Scum sees scummy behavior and gets confused and starts considering things like jester. Considering the possibility of a jester is a scum tell.
Andrius wrote:I've never seen DRK so active in my life. :P
Why weren't you policy lynched again? ;)

Unfortunately, I am getting that kind of honest confusion feeling on TMH that Equinox was getting. I figured I'd leave my vote on earlier to at least let it do something before I changed it in the same post I made it.

Vote: hitogoroshi
. Hello hito.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Post by themanhimself »

Was your scum-claim of NS and me a gambit?
If P then Q.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by Feysal »

Fishythefish #212 wrote:
@Feysal: that is not the gambit I meant. I meant Jack's early game silly play. He answered some early questions by copying and pasting other answers, and appeared to softclaim SK.
Ah, I see it now. Since the link pointed to page 27 of that thread, I thought you were referring to events on that page.
themanhimself #233 wrote:Uhhh... no you're not. I even double-checked the player list.
My mistake. I looked up Jack's ongoing games, and found the one you meant. There is another one I'm in that fits the description you gave perfectly.

So, Jack did not even warn Nobody Special about what he was going to pull. I can only say that was crazy of him. The ability to speak to our gods privately is a huge advantage, at least it would be if we knew we could trust them. Giving advance notice of his gambit would've been harmless even if NS was the scum god.

I guess I will leave Jack as slightly scummy and mostly null then. I know he is perfectly capable of making weird gambits as scum, so I can't treat what he did as a towntell. Time to start looking at other players...
Jack #239 wrote:Lady L could be scum, Feysal could be scum (aka he of the 5000 words that could be summarize with "Jack is slightly scummy").
I believe in arguments. I consider a statement of someone being scummy much less informative than if the statement included the reasons why. This is why I explain my thoughts and reasons, and want to hear the reasons of others.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by Jack »

Feysal wrote:Time to start looking at other players...
lol.
Feysal wrote:
Jack #239 wrote:Lady L could be scum, Feysal could be scum (aka he of the 5000 words that could be summarize with "Jack is slightly scummy").
I believe in arguments. I consider a statement of someone being scummy much less informative than if the statement included the reasons why. This is why I explain my thoughts and reasons, and want to hear the reasons of others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_figures

http://www.dan.sperber.fr/wp-content/up ... reason.pdf
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

DGB is lurking more and hasn't given her list of who is town or scum yet. She also called me town based on very little.
NS thinks Jack is anti-town but not worth a vote because he's immortal???!!!
And Fishy has well he always strikes me as scummy and this game isn't real different. I just posted my two cents in response to your question by the way Fishy.

Ugh!
I don't like DGB answer for Me=Weird and giving him an excuse before he could respond. Things like that bother me and it's the number 1 reason I have yet to switch my vote.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Vote: hitogoroshi
. Hello hito.
Hi. This just because I found value in the number-crunching, or...?

I'm not as willing as some to let go of TMH. I can understand why some people are interpreting his actions as more null than scummy, but he seemed a little too eager to follow along even when Jack ratcheted it up to screamingly obvious levels. If you were scum, and your god wasn't NS, you'd be pleased as punch to get the one-or-the-other narrative going, and you'd want to hold on to it as long as you can.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Post by themanhimself »

Screamingly obvious what? Town, scum? I'm sorry, but I'll feel like I'm in the twilight zone if I'm the only who thinks that 'he's scummy because he lied' is more valid than 'he's town because he's crazy'
If P then Q.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod: I will have limited access this weekend. Not sure if I will have time to post Saturday or Sunday.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Post by populartajo »

confirm
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”