Jack of All Trades

Ladies Night -- Game Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:53 am

Post by RedCoyote »

L
ADIES
N
IGHT

Fifteen women gather in a room one evening. Three of them are cold-hearted murderers, but the other twelve are completely innocent. Using only their wits, and a few choice powers, will an uninformed majority trump the informed minority? This is Mafia.

Player List
  • UncertainKitten
    Ojanen
    DizzyIzzyB13
    Sucrose

camn
    Miyu
    Snow White
    chauchaudotcom

Sotty7
    Hoopla
    cepi
    Apokalyptika
    Paws
    Haylen
    Fenchurch
    DrippingGoofball
    Snow_Bunny
    esuriospiritus
Players, Roles, and Resolutions

Spoiler:
Paws,
Townie
, was lynched on day 1.

esuriospiritus,
Townie
, was shot on night 1.

camn,
Townie
, was lynched on day 2.

Fenchurch,
Townie
, was shot on night 2.

Haylen,
Townie
, was shot on night 2.

DizzyIzzyB13
Sucrose
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on day 3.

Ojanen,
Townie
, was shot on night 3.

DrippingGoofball,
Townie
, was shot on night 3.

Hoopla,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on day 4.

Miyu
Snow White
chauchaudotcom
Jailkeeper
, was shot on night 4.

Sotty7,
Mafia Godfather
, was shot on night 4.

UncertainKitten,
Townie
, stays alive!
cepi,
Townie
, stays alive!
Apokalyptika,
Vigilante
, stays alive!
Snow_Bunny,
Cop
, stays alive!

Important Links
Current Deadline: N/A
Game Status: Game Over
Last edited by RedCoyote on Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 20 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:56 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Setup Information

Ladies Night will use a Semi-Open setup with only normal roles.

Setup1
Mafia Godfather

Mafia Goons

VS

Town Power Roles
(Randomly selected from the pool of: Cop, Doc, Nurse, Deputy, Mason, Vigilante, Jailkeeper, Roleblocker)

Vanilla Townies

• No power roles will be replicated (with the exception of the Mason, see below).
  • If a Mason is pulled, a second is automatically added.
  • If a Nurse/Deputy is pulled, there must be a Doctor/Cop in play or we redraw.
  • Random.org will be used to conduct the drawing.
All Potential Roles

GodfatherWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Godfather
. You are sided with the mafia, and your partners are
XXXXX
and
XXXXX

You may contact your partners in the
Backroom
at all times, regardless of the phase the game is in. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

As a Godfather, you are completely immune to Cop investigations.

The mafia may decide to kill one person each night, one mafia member must submit the choice to me either through PM or in the QuickTopic.

You win if your team eliminates all opposing factions while having at least one living mafia member.

Please confirm in the thread once you've read your role PM (I'll be opening the thread once all PMs go out).

GoonWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Goon
. You are sided with the mafia, and your partners are
XXXXX
and
XXXXX

You may contact your partners in the
Backroom
at all times, regardless of the phase the game is in. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

The mafia may decide to kill one person each night, one mafia member must submit the choice to me either through PM or in the QuickTopic.

You win if your team eliminates all opposing factions while having at least one living mafia member.

Please confirm in the thread once you've read your role PM (I'll be opening the thread once all PMs go out).

TownieWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Townie
. You are sided with the town.

As a Townie, you have no specific abilities during the night. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

You win if the town eliminates all opposing factions.

CopWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Cop

As a Cop, you may investigate one player of your choosing each night. Your investigations will inform you if that player is or is not sided with the mafia. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

DoctorWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Doctor

As a Doctor, you have the ability to protect one player of your choosing each night. If your target is shot at, the player will not die. You may not target yourself. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

NurseWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Nurse

As a Nurse, you have the ability to protect one player of your choosing each night. If your target is shot at, the player will not die. You may not target yourself. However, you have no night actions until/unless a
Doctor
is killed or otherwise removed from the game. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

DeputyWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Deputy

As a Deputy, you may investigate one player of your choosing each night. Your investigations will inform you if that player is or is not sided with the mafia. However, you have no night actions until/unless a
Cop
is killed or otherwise removed from the game. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

MasonWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Mason

As a Mason, you may talk with your fellow Mason, XXXXX, at
The Lodge
. You may talk both during day and night phases. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

VigilanteWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Vigilante

As a Vigilante, you may attempt to shoot one player of your choosing during the night. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

JailkeeperWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Jailkeeper
(a.k.a. Paranoid Doctor). You are sided with the town.

As a Jailkeeper, you may protect/jail one player of your choosing each night. Your protection/jail will both stop that player from taking any night actions, and will stop any night actions from successfully targeting them. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

RoleblockerWelcome to Ladies Night.

You are a
Roleblocker

As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to block one player's night action of your choosing during each night. If your target has no night action, nothing will happen. During the day, you are given one vote that you may use toward lynching a specific player, or choosing not to lynch.

Game Rules

Voting
-
Votes must be in bold, clear context (
Vote: RedCoyote
/
Vote: No Lynch
). This is your power, we both want it to be counted fairly, so try to make it so there's no question who you are voting and unvoting. Unvotes must also be in bold and are necessary before changing a vote (
Unvote
). I will be strict about counting votes this way to ensure everyone has a clear understanding of what does and does not count as a vote. There will be no tolerance for vote tricks, please do not try to play with any technical aspect of this rule.

Lynching
-
Once a player is lynched, the game will go into "twilight", and the fate of the town has effectively been sealed for that day phase. The town, as well as the player who has been lynched, is welcome to continue to talk until I officially bring the game into the night phase. The town
must
reach a simple majority before the deadline in order for a lynch to go through. Ties will not be broken by me, no matter which wagon formed first. If the town cannot reach a majority or break a tie before the deadline, the day phase will end without a lynch. This town has the option not to lynch, provided it meets the required simple majority of votes.

Deadlines
-
All deadlines are subject to extension should the need arise. This game is using bankable deadlines. All unused days (rounding off to the nearest day) will be "banked" for the following day phase. The day 1 deadline is set for 21 days, day 2 is set for 15 days, day 3 is set for 12 days, and all following days will be set at 9 days (before adding any banked time). Every day phase may be extended once either by means of a simple majority of players or by my discretion. By contrast, every night phase has a firm 72 hour, or three day, deadline.

Absence, Prods, and Replacements
-
If you are unable to post for a period of longer than 72 hours, please inform me by PM or make it clear in the game thread. All players have a right to know whether or not a player is absent, and any player who informs me of a future absence will be noted as such. Prods will take place at the request of the players in the game as well as at my discretion. If a player receives a prod, they have exactly 24 hours from the time of that prod to show activity before a request for a replacement will be made. At that point, whomever claims the player slot will then become the person playing the game.

Night Actions
-
I will accept any and all actions submitted to me pre-night phase, but be forewarned, once a decision is made it cannot be undone except under specific circumstances (e.g. replacements or Moderator kills). If no night action is submitted to me before the end of the night phase, the player is assumed to have slept through the night, and no action will take place. Standard night action orders are as follows: Roleblocks > Protections > Conversions > Manipulations > Shots > Investigations

Prohibitions
-
To help ensure a fair, balanced, and fun game, it is prohibited to talk to other players outside of this thread unless you are given specific instructions on how to do so. All players who have been lynched, killed, or otherwise removed from the game are prohibited from making any new posts or talking with any of the living players about the game until the game has been declared over. Respecting tradition, "Bah!" posts are expected, but you must respect the boundaries of the game. No player is allowed to post anything game related in their post-death post, so please use common sense when and if you decide to make one. It is prohibited to quote any Mod PMs for any purpose other than to claim or explain one's powers. It is prohibited to use invisible text, small text, or to otherwise edit your post in anyway. It is prohibited to use the color
red
in order to make sure there are no quarrels over what is and isn't an edit that I have made. I will only be using the color
red
in edits. Any form of trolling, misbehavior, or poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated and is hereby prohibited.

Questions and Concerns
-
Do not hesitate in asking me for assistance in understanding any aspect of this game. If anyone spots any mistakes I may have made, please send me a PM. You may expect a response within a maximum of 48 hours. If there is anything else you feel I have not covered, or have not covered adequately, please point it out to me.

Thank you
-
Big thanks to SpyreX, who is always there to back-up my games. If anything happens to me, SpyreX has all of the role PMs and who they belong to, and he is the game's official back-up Moderator. Thanks to mith and Mr Stoofer, whomever originally crafted this setup. Thanks to Cruciare, Vi, Hoopla, and zoraster, as I've stolen general moderation ideas from them to (hopefully) make my games more enjoyable and efficient. Thanks to everyone for signing up, and I hope everyone has a good time.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:00 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Pre-Game Status
Role PMs being created, randomized, and assigned.

All role PMs are out, awaiting confirmations.

Starting with 13 out of 15 players confirmed, DGB is supposed to have access tomorrow, and Fenchurch is supposed to have somewhat limited access until the 21st.

Vote Count History
1.0 wrote:
Not Voting
(15) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - Sucrose - camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Paws - Haylen - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny - esuriospiritus)
1.1 wrote:
Haylen
(2) (Hoopla - Haylen)

Hoopla
(1) (Sucrose)

Sotty7
(1) (esuriospiritus)

Not Voting
(11) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen -
Sucrose
- camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 -
Hoopla
- cepi - Apokalyptika - Paws -
Haylen
- Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny -
esuriospiritus
)
1.2 wrote:
Hoopla
(3) (Sucrose - Sotty7 - Apokalyptika)

Haylen
(2) (Hoopla - Haylen)

Apokalyptika
(2) (esuriospiritus - camn)

camn
(2) (UncertainKitten - Snow_Bunny)

Sotty7
(0) (
esuriospiritus
)

Not Voting
(6) (
UncertainKitten
- Ojanen -
camn
- chauchaudotcom -
Sotty7
- cepi -
Apokalyptika
- Paws - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball -
Snow_Bunny
)
1.3 wrote:
camn
(4) (UncertainKitten - Snow_Bunny - Haylen - Apokalyptika)

Paws
(3) (Sotty7 - Hoopla - camn)

Apokalyptika
(2) (esuriospiritus -
camn
- cepi)

Snow_Bunny
(1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
(1) (Sucrose)

Haylen
(0) (
Hoopla
-
Haylen
)

Hoopla
(0) (
Sucrose
-
Sotty7
-
Apokalyptika
)

Not Voting
(4) (Ojanen -
chauchaudotcom
-
cepi
- Paws - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball)
1.4 wrote:
Paws
(4) (Sotty7 -
Hoopla
- camn - UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika)

camn
(2) (
UncertainKitten
- Snow_Bunny - Haylen -
Apokalyptika
)

Apokalyptika
(1) (
esuriospiritus
- cepi)

Snow_Bunny
(1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
(1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
(1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
(1) (esuriospiritus)

Not Voting
(4) (Ojanen - Paws - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball -
Apokalyptika
)
1.5 wrote:
Paws
(6) (Sotty7 -
camn
- UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika - Haylen - DrippingGoofball - camn)

Apokalyptika
(2) (cepi - Fenchurch -
camn
)

camn
(1) (Snow_Bunny -
Haylen
)

Snow_Bunny
(1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
(1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
(1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
(1) (esuriospiritus)

Not Voting
(2) (Ojanen - Paws -
Fenchurch
-
DrippingGoofball
-
camn
)
Final Day 1 wrote:
Paws
(8) (Sotty7 - UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika - Haylen - DrippingGoofball -
camn
- esuriospiritus - camn - Fenchurch)

camn
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

Apokalyptika
(1) (cepi -
Fenchurch
)

Snow_Bunny
(1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
(1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
(1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
(0) (
esuriospiritus
)

Not Voting
(2) (Ojanen - Paws)

2.0 wrote:
Not Voting
(13) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - Sucrose - camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Haylen - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny)
2.1 wrote:
Apokalyptika
(2) (cepi - DrippingGoofball)

chauchaudotcom
(1) (Sotty7)

Snow_Bunny
(1) (camn -
Hoopla
)

camn
(1) (Haylen)

Sucrose
(1) (UncertainKitten)

DrippingGoofball
(1) (Hoopla)

Haylen
(1) (
camn
- Apokalyptika)

Not Voting
(5) (
UncertainKitten
- Ojanen - Sucrose -
camn
- chauchaudotcom -
Sotty7
-
Hoopla
-
cepi
-
Apokalyptika
-
Haylen
- Fenchurch -
DrippingGoofball
- Snow_Bunny)
2.2 wrote:
Haylen
(3) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose - Fenchurch)

Snow_Bunny
(3) (
camn
- Hoopla - camn - UncertainKitten)

Apokalyptika
(2) (cepi - DrippingGoofball -
camn
)

camn
(2) (Haylen - Snow_Bunny)

chauchaudotcom
(1) (Sotty7)

Sucrose
(0) (
UncertainKitten
)

DrippingGoofball
(0) (
Hoopla
)

Not Voting
(2) (Ojanen -
Sucrose
- chauchaudotcom -
Fenchurch
-
Snow_Bunny
)
2.3 wrote:
Haylen

Snow_Bunny
(3) (Hoopla - camn - UncertainKitten)

Apokalyptika
(3) (cepi - DrippingGoofball - Ojanen)

camn

Snow White
(1) (Sotty7)

Not Voting
(1) (
Ojanen
- Snow White)
2.4 wrote:
Apokalyptika
(4) (cepi - DrippingGoofball - Ojanen - Hoopla)

Snow_Bunny
(3) (
Hoopla
- camn - UncertainKitten - Sotty7)

Haylen
(2) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose -
Fenchurch
)

camn

Snow White
(0) (
Sotty7
)

Not Voting
(2) (Snow White - Fenchurch)
2.5 wrote:
Apokalyptika
(5) (cepi - DrippingGoofball -
Ojanen
- Hoopla - camn - Fenchurch)

Snow_Bunny
(2) (
camn
- UncertainKitten - Sotty7)

Haylen
(2) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose)

camn
(1) (Haylen -
Snow_Bunny
)

UncertainKitten
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
(2) (Snow White -
Fenchurch
- Ojanen)
2.6 wrote:
camn
(4) (Haylen - Ojanen - Hoopla - UncertainKitten)

Haylen
(3) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose - DrippingGoofball)

Apokalyptika
(2) (cepi -
DrippingGoofball
-
Hoopla
-
camn
-
Fenchurch
- Snow_Bunny)

Snow_Bunny
(2) (
UncertainKitten
- Sotty7 - camn)

UncertainKitten
(0) (
Snow_Bunny
)

Not Voting
(2) (Snow White -
Ojanen
- Fenchurch)
Final Day 2 wrote:
camn
(7) (Haylen - Ojanen - Hoopla - UncertainKitten - Snow_Bunny - Fenchurch - Apokalyptika)

Haylen
(2) (
Apokalyptika
- Sucrose - DrippingGoofball)

Snow_Bunny
(2) (Sotty7 - camn)

Apokalyptika
(1) (cepi -
Snow_Bunny
)

Not Voting
(1) (Snow White -
Fenchurch
)

3.0 wrote:
Not Voting
(10) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny)
3.1 wrote:
Snow_Bunny
(3) (UncertainKitten - Sotty7 - cepi)

Hoopla
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
(1) (Hoopla)

Apokalyptika
(0) (
Hoopla
-
Ojanen
)

Not Voting
(5) (
UncertainKitten
-
Ojanen
- DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White -
Sotty7
-
Hoopla
-
cepi
- Apokalyptika - DrippingGoofball -
Snow_Bunny
- Ojanen -
Hoopla
)
3.2 wrote:
Snow_Bunny
(2) (
UncertainKitten
- Sotty7 - cepi)

Hoopla
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
(1) (Hoopla)

Sotty7
(1) (UncertainKitten)

DizzyIzzyB13
(1) (DrippingGoofball)

Not Voting
(4) (DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Apokalyptika -
DrippingGoofball
- Ojanen)
3.3 wrote:
Snow_Bunny
(2) (Sotty7 - cepi)

Hoopla
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
(1) (Hoopla)

Sotty7
(1) (UncertainKitten)

DizzyIzzyB13
(1) (DrippingGoofball)

Not Voting
(4) (DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Apokalyptika - Ojanen)
3.4 wrote:
Snow_Bunny
(3) (Sotty7 - cepi -
Hoopla
- UncertainKitten)

DizzyIzzyB13
(2) (DrippingGoofball - Hoopla)

Hoopla
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
(0) (
Hoopla
)

Sotty7
(0) (
UncertainKitten
)

Not Voting
3.5 wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13
(3) (DrippingGoofball - Hoopla - UncertainKitten)

Snow_Bunny
(1) (
Sotty7
- cepi -
UncertainKitten
)

Hoopla
(1) (Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
(5) (DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Apokalyptika - Ojanen - Sotty7)
Final Day 3 wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13
(6) (DrippingGoofball - Hoopla - UncertainKitten - Sotty7 - Apokalyptika - Snow_Bunny)

Snow_Bunny
(2) (cepi - DizzyIzzyB13)

Hoopla
(0) (
Snow_Bunny
)

Not Voting
(2) (
DizzyIzzyB13
- Miyu -
Apokalyptika
- Ojanen -
Sotty7
)

4.0 wrote:
Not Voting
(7) (UncertainKitten - Miyu - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Snow_Bunny)
4.1 wrote:
Not Voting
(7) (UncertainKitten - Miyu - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Snow_Bunny)
4.2 wrote:
Miyu
(1) (Hoopla)

Hoopla
(1) (Miyu)

Not Voting
(5) (UncertainKitten -
Miyu
- Sotty7 - cepi -
Hoopla
- Apokalyptika - Snow_Bunny)
4.3 wrote:
Miyu
(2) (Hoopla - UncertainKitten)

Hoopla
(2) (Miyu - Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
(3) (
UncertainKitten
- Sotty7 - cepi - Apokalyptika -
Snow_Bunny
)
4.4 wrote:
Miyu

Hoopla
(2) (Miyu - Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
(3) (Sotty7 - cepi - Apokalyptika)
Final Day 4 wrote:
Hoopla
(4) (Miyu - Snow_Bunny - cepi - UncertainKitten)

Miyu
(1) (Hoopla -
UncertainKitten
)

Not Voting
(2) (Sotty7 -
cepi
- Apokalyptika)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 32 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:05 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Special hi back to you. :D
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Still missing DGB and Fenchurch, but I think with 13 out of 15 confirmed that we can get the game in motion. Because I am beginning a little earlier than I said I would (I predicted the confirmations would take a little longer), DGB and Fenchurch will get an extra day or two before I start prodding. Nevertheless, the deadline will remain intact. As a reminder, we will be using bankable deadlines, as outlined in the rules.

The first deadline is three weeks from now, Sept. 7th, 2010 at 12:15 PM (CST)

Good luck everyone!

Vote Count 1.0
  • Not Voting
    (15) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - Sucrose - camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Paws - Haylen - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny - esuriospiritus)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:52 am

Post by RedCoyote »

The strikethrough indicates that the player has left that position since the last vote count. Hopefully this will help you keep track of where a player was when she unvoted, rather than just where she currently is. If it confuses you at all, just ignore it.

All votecounts will be posted here for your reference.

Vote Count 1.1
  • Haylen
    (2) (Hoopla - Haylen)

Hoopla
    (1) (Sucrose)

Sotty7
    (1) (esuriospiritus)

Not Voting
    (11) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen -
    Sucrose
    - camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 -
    Hoopla
    - cepi - Apokalyptika - Paws -
    Haylen
    - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny -
    esuriospiritus
    )
With fifteen alive, it takes eight to lynch.
Current Deadline: Sept. 7th, 2010 at 12:15 PM (CST)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

1--
2--
3--
4--
5--
6--
7--
8--
9--
10-- My satisfaction with the game so far.

Vote Count 1.2
  • Hoopla
    (3) (Sucrose - Sotty7 - Apokalyptika)

Haylen
    (2) (Hoopla - Haylen)

Apokalyptika
    (2) (esuriospiritus - camn)

camn
    (2) (UncertainKitten - Snow_Bunny)

Sotty7
    (0) (
    esuriospiritus
    )

Not Voting
    (6) (
    UncertainKitten
    - Ojanen -
    camn
    - chauchaudotcom -
    Sotty7
    - cepi -
    Apokalyptika
    - Paws - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball -
    Snow_Bunny
    )
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 1.3
  • camn
    (4) (UncertainKitten - Snow_Bunny - Haylen - Apokalyptika)

Paws
    (3) (Sotty7 - Hoopla - camn)

Apokalyptika
    (2) (esuriospiritus -
    camn
    - cepi)

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
    (1) (Sucrose)

Haylen
    (0) (
    Hoopla
    -
    Haylen
    )

Hoopla
    (0) (
    Sucrose
    -
    Sotty7
    -
    Apokalyptika
    )

Not Voting
    (4) (Ojanen -
    chauchaudotcom
    -
    cepi
    - Paws - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 1.4
  • Paws
    (4) (Sotty7 -
    Hoopla
    - camn - UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika)

camn
    (2) (
    UncertainKitten
    - Snow_Bunny - Haylen -
    Apokalyptika
    )

Apokalyptika
    (1) (
    esuriospiritus
    - cepi)

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
    (1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
    (1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
    (1) (esuriospiritus)

Not Voting
    (4) (Ojanen - Paws - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball -
    Apokalyptika
    )
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Paws has requested that she be replaced, so I am in the process of finding someone.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm waiting to hear back on the PMs I sent out for replacements. I'm not counting Paws' self-vote. I'm of the opinion that once someone asks to replace out, they are no longer part of the game. If the players want to go ahead with this lynch, they must do so without Paws' self-vote (although what the replacement does is their business).

Vote Count 1.5
  • Paws
    (6) (Sotty7 -
    camn
    - UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika - Haylen - DrippingGoofball - camn)

Apokalyptika
    (2) (cepi - Fenchurch -
    camn
    )

camn
    (1) (Snow_Bunny -
    Haylen
    )

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
    (1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
    (1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
    (1) (esuriospiritus)

Not Voting
    (2) (Ojanen - Paws -
    Fenchurch
    -
    DrippingGoofball
    -
    camn
    )
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvotes are required before changing one's vote. This was stated clearly in the rules and will continue to apply throughout this game to minimize any possibility of vote-technical trickery.

A self-vote from an outgoing player, especially one with an overtly malicious intent toward the game, the players, and the website as a whole, will not be counted here, nor in any game I ever run, regardless of their alignment. I was too lax with restricting Paws' continued presence, but I will not let my unintentional lapse in restricting her posting dictate the fate of that player slot or this game. Moreover, given the overtly malicious intent, I consider this to be a clear cut case of trolling, regardless of Paws' alignment, which is clearly against the rules of the game. I feel this is the most neutral position I can take, given the circumstances. Although I will not restrict any sort of "outguessing the Mod", if you have an issue with this decision itself, then you may take it up through PM or to the List Mod.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:01 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Even amidst the
bitching
nagging
henpecking
courteous reproaching towards the game's
archaic
antiquated
needlessly cumbersome
well-contemplated ruleset and devices and its
bitter
sloppy
careless
lovable, passionate, and dedicated Moderator, the town somehow managed to endeavor onward...

With a flick of her wrist, a dismissive and affronting gesture, she snapped, "I did
not
beg to be in.
I
have a life." Paws had seemingly captured the entire room's attention in a few short hours. Her attempt to end the first phase of the game prematurely was halted, but the damage was nonetheless done. It was only a matter of time before a cunning mind could only reasonably conclude that, "The mod has confirmed information of the whole game - if he drops a big enough tell in one post to incriminate/clear someone, we ought to use it, even if we shouldn't have been told that information". Smiles, nods, and general approval of the sentiment echoed across the table, although one ringing voice of opposition sought to deflate the perhaps too expedient presumptions of motivations. "It's just words", was the simple, but all-too-prescient, counter. esuriospiritus had sat in silence, pondering the two schools of thought methodically in her mind. "Meh.
unvote vote: Paws
", she would eventually suggest. And voted Paws they did. For better or for worse, this was too important of an opportunity to pass up.

But it wouldn't be a very fun game if it always worked out in the town's favor. So Paws, a spiteful
Townie
, but Townie nonetheless, would end her time during Ladies Night a little bit earlier than anyone else (in more ways than one), and the first night phase of the game could finally begin. What, if any, power roles would make their presence known?

Paws, a
Townie
, was lynched day 1.

Final Day 1 Vote Count
  • Paws
    (8) (Sotty7 - UncertainKitten - Apokalyptika - Haylen - DrippingGoofball -
    camn
    - esuriospiritus - camn - Fenchurch)

camn
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

Apokalyptika
    (1) (cepi -
    Fenchurch
    )

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (chauchaudotcom)

UncertainKitten
    (1) (Sucrose)

Sucrose
    (1) (Hoopla)

chauchaudotcom
    (0) (
    esuriospiritus
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (Ojanen - Paws)

With eight votes, that's a successful lynch and the end to day 1.

Please submit all your night actions, if you have any, before the end of the night phase.
New
Deadline: Aug. 26th, 2010 at 10:30 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

At the behest of my lovely player list, I have tweaked the vote counts. I will retroactively alter all previous vote counts to conform to the new standard. Please don't make a post during this time, as I have to keep the thread open when editing posts. It will be closed within a few minutes.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Haylen folded her arms, crossed her legs, and sat quietly in her chair. The room was pitch black, signifying the night phase was still going on. Everyone was told to stand up and shuffle around. She was told that every player would leave the room, one at a time, so that there would be no possibility of eliminating certain people as having a power. When her turn had come up, she went outside, spoke with the Moderator, and came back in. The door opened and closed, opened and closed, opened and closed... 8, 9, 10... well, she wasn't great with numbers, but you get the idea.

As the florescent lights illuminated, the room was told that the night phase was over. Everyone immediately opened their eyes and began to scan the room. Although the majority of the room had agreed to expel Paws, this is one they wouldn't necessarily have agreed on. This was a night kill. It seemed like everyone was still there except for esuriospiritus. Although the table held out hope that it was simply a bathroom break, deep down they all knew that she wouldn't be returning to the game. Sucrose reached across the table to flip over the name placard that sat in front of her chair. In big blue letters the word
Townie
was written on the bottom.

esuriospiritus, a
Townie
, was shot night 1.

Vote Count 2.0
  • Not Voting
    (13) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - Sucrose - camn - chauchaudotcom - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - Haylen - Fenchurch - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny)
With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.

The town has added two weeks and one day to the deadline, this, plus the added base of 15 days, brings the town a total for four weeks and two days.
New
Deadline: Sept. 25th, 2010 at 10:30 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

chauchaudotcom will be V/LA until tomorrow, and Ojanen will be V/LA for the next 1-3 days.
I'm opening the thread a few hours early due to some temporary issues with the Internet connection at my apartment. This should only happen today and will not change the deadline/my availability. I was told I would be getting a new modem by Saturday afternoon, so in the meantime I'll only be checking from work/school.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 2.1
  • Apokalyptika
    (2) (cepi - DrippingGoofball)

chauchaudotcom
    (1) (Sotty7)

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (camn -
    Hoopla
    )

camn
    (1) (Haylen)

Sucrose
    (1) (UncertainKitten)

DrippingGoofball
    (1) (Hoopla)

Haylen
    (1) (
    camn
    - Apokalyptika)

Not Voting
    (5) (
    UncertainKitten
    - Ojanen - Sucrose -
    camn
    - chauchaudotcom -
    Sotty7
    -
    Hoopla
    -
    cepi
    -
    Apokalyptika
    -
    Haylen
    - Fenchurch -
    DrippingGoofball
    - Snow_Bunny)

Current Deadline: Sept. 25th, 2010 at 10:30 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 2.2
  • Haylen

Snow_Bunny
    (3) (
    camn
    - Hoopla - camn - UncertainKitten)

Apokalyptika
    (2) (cepi - DrippingGoofball -
    camn
    )

camn

chauchaudotcom
    (1) (Sotty7)

Sucrose
    (0) (
    UncertainKitten
    )

DrippingGoofball
    (0) (
    Hoopla
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (Ojanen -
    Sucrose
    - chauchaudotcom -
    Fenchurch
    -
    Snow_Bunny
    )

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #394 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:42 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Snow White replaces chauchaudotcom. Thanks, Snow White!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I actually hadn't realized there were vote tags, which explains all the fancy little black-on-white voting I've been seeing. I type all my posts up in a notepad, a habit dating back from earlier forum days when one wrong click and Internet Explorer would gobble up an hour's worth of writing without so much as a thank you.

Anyways, I may be more flexible with votes in future games, but, as particular as it may be, I will not start mid-game.

Vote Count 2.3
  • Haylen

Snow_Bunny
    (3) (Hoopla - camn - UncertainKitten)

Apokalyptika
    (3) (cepi - DrippingGoofball - Ojanen)

camn

Snow White
    (1) (Sotty7)

Not Voting
    (1) (
    Ojanen
    - Snow White)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 2.4
  • Apokalyptika
    (4) (cepi - DrippingGoofball - Ojanen - Hoopla)

Snow_Bunny
    (3) (
    Hoopla
    - camn - UncertainKitten - Sotty7)

Haylen
    (2) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose -
    Fenchurch
    )

camn

Snow White
    (0) (
    Sotty7
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (Snow White - Fenchurch)

Last edited by RedCoyote on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

UK, why do you have to be so cruel? :( If you scare someone away I'm not going to be happy.

Vote Count 2.5
  • Apokalyptika
    (5) (cepi - DrippingGoofball -
    Ojanen
    - Hoopla - camn - Fenchurch)

Snow_Bunny
    (2) (
    camn
    - UncertainKitten - Sotty7)

Haylen
    (2) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose)

camn
    (1) (Haylen -
    Snow_Bunny
    )

UncertainKitten
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
    (2) (Snow White -
    Fenchurch
    - Ojanen)

Last edited by RedCoyote on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm prodding Sucrose.

Vote Count 2.6
  • camn
    (4) (Haylen - Ojanen - Hoopla - UncertainKitten)

Haylen
    (3) (Apokalyptika - Sucrose - DrippingGoofball)

Apokalyptika
    (2) (cepi -
    DrippingGoofball
    -
    Hoopla
    -
    camn
    -
    Fenchurch
    - Snow_Bunny)

Snow_Bunny
    (2) (
    UncertainKitten
    - Sotty7 - camn)

UncertainKitten
    (0) (
    Snow_Bunny
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (Snow White -
    Ojanen
    - Fenchurch)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

The second day greets us with a town torn bitterly apart. No longer over their Mod (silly boy) or the late Paws (clueless witch), but, rather, the game itself. Tempers begin to flare, three names are considered, but the yelling continues until a leader cuts through all the noise...

"This is the reason I play mafia."

Heads began to turn. Snow_Bunny and Apokalyptika looked up nervously at Ojanen, both of them with the feeling that something big was coming down. Which one would it be? Would she prove Apok's claim wrong? Did Snow_Bunny trip up? Was Haylen destined for her wrath? "I haven't had this good a click in ages", as Ojanen began to finally wind down, "
Please vote camn
". DrippingGoofball, Hoopla, and UncertainKitten all nodded their heads. Surely this was a plea from the heart, they thought, one that was truly wholesome, but was it right? camn, chipper as always, smiled a looked slyly over at Ojanen. By this time Ojanen had begun walking slowly across the room, confronting all of her peers with her revelation. Seemingly unworried, camn coolly defended herself, "I have had that exact feeling", she recalled, "It makes me sad, because I absolutely adore Ojanen". Clearly there were no hard feelings here. camn attempted to keep the town's sights on the once fateful choice of Snow_Bunny. Snow_Bunny, somewhat sunken in her chair, didn't think camn was such a bad idea after all, and Apokalyptika, be it out of opportunity or out of genuine belief, was content with finishing the job.

camn sat back, relaxed as ever, interlaced her fingers behind her head and teased them calmly. Why bother telling them that she's just a
Townie
? They'll find out soon enough. "Will I flip scum? Power? Vig?", camn asked with a smirk. Not long afterward, the lights turned off and the day was over.

camn, a
Townie
, was lynched day 2.

Final Day 2 Vote Count
  • camn
    (7) (Haylen - Ojanen - Hoopla - UncertainKitten - Snow_Bunny - Fenchurch - Apokalyptika)

Haylen
    (2) (
    Apokalyptika
    - Sucrose - DrippingGoofball)

Snow_Bunny
    (2) (Sotty7 - camn)

Apokalyptika
    (1) (cepi -
    Snow_Bunny
    )

Not Voting
    (1) (Snow White -
    Fenchurch
    )

With seven votes, that's a successful lynch and the end to day 2.

Please submit all your night actions, if you have any, before the end of the night phase.
New
Deadline: Sept. 6th, 2010 at 1:30 AM (CST)

There will be no night time extensions for the Labor Day holiday (USA), so please get them in early if you don't think you'll be around.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm going to start looking for a Sucrose replacement. Per my ruleset, if she comes back before I find anyone, she may continue to play in the game. Regardless of what happens, I'll keep the players informed.

UPDATE: DizzyIzzyB13 will be replacing Sucrose. Thanks, Dizzy!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:10 am

Post by RedCoyote »

One second you start with fifteen... the next second the group is missing a significant number of faces, with replacements and empty chairs in their places. Tonight the room had sat in silence as Sucrose had left the room, never to appear again. In her place, DizzyIzzyB13 would join the game.

Sotty strummed her fingers on the desk in front of her, awaiting the late day to start. Everyone had come back in, so what was the hold up? Finally, the lights hummed back on and illuminated all the players. When the game begins to shrink, it doesn't seem to take as long to notice the empty chairs. There was no Fenchurch or Haylen in their chairs, just a slips of paper. cepi reached over to unfold them both, as they were both conveniently sitting next to her. She could see the words
Townie
in big blue letters on both notes from where she was sitting. The sentences read,

Fenchurch, a
Townie
, was shot night 2.
Haylen, a
Townie
, was shot night 2.

Vote Count 3.0
  • Not Voting
    (10) (UncertainKitten - Ojanen - DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Sotty7 - Hoopla - cepi - Apokalyptika - DrippingGoofball - Snow_Bunny)
With ten alive, it takes six to lynch.

The town has added three weeks and one day to the deadline, this, plus the added base of 12 days, brings the town a total for four weeks and two days.
New
Deadline: Oct. 6th, 2010 at 6:00 AM (CST)
Last edited by RedCoyote on Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hold on, hold on. I knew something was hitting me in the back of the head. I'm just waking up, doing this far too early, and I forget something major. I apologize profusely. I wrote this down but I just forgot to include it altogether. Haylen was also shot last night.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 3.1
  • Snow_Bunny
    (3) (UncertainKitten - Sotty7 - cepi)

Hoopla
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
    (1) (Hoopla)

Apokalyptika
    (0) (
    Hoopla
    -
    Ojanen
    )

Not Voting
    (5) (
    UncertainKitten
    -
    Ojanen
    - DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White -
    Sotty7
    -
    Hoopla
    -
    cepi
    - Apokalyptika - DrippingGoofball -
    Snow_Bunny
    - Ojanen -
    Hoopla
    )

Current Deadline: Oct. 6th, 2010 at 6:00 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (isolation #28) » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 3.2
  • Snow_Bunny
    (2) (
    UncertainKitten
    - Sotty7 - cepi)

Hoopla
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
    (1) (Hoopla)

Sotty7
    (1) (UncertainKitten)

DizzyIzzyB13
    (1) (DrippingGoofball)

Not Voting
    (5) (DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Apokalyptika -
    DrippingGoofball
    - Ojanen)

Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm prodding Snow_White.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm going to start looking for a Snow White replacement.

Vote Count 3.3
  • Snow_Bunny
    (2) (Sotty7 - cepi)

Hoopla
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
    (1) (Hoopla)

Sotty7
    (1) (UncertainKitten)

DizzyIzzyB13
    (1) (DrippingGoofball)

Not Voting
    (5) (DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Apokalyptika - Ojanen)

Last edited by RedCoyote on Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm still looking for a Snow White replacement (I have one potential taker I'm waiting to hear back from), and I'm prodding DizzyIzzy.

Vote Count 3.4
  • Snow_Bunny
    (3) (Sotty7 - cepi -
    Hoopla
    - UncertainKitten)

DizzyIzzyB13
    (2) (DrippingGoofball - Hoopla)

Hoopla
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

DrippingGoofball
    (0) (
    Hoopla
    )

Sotty7
    (0) (
    UncertainKitten
    )

Not Voting

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm pleased to announce that the lovely Miyu will be replacing Snow White. Thanks, Miyu!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

bump
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 3.5
  • DizzyIzzyB13
    (3) (DrippingGoofball - Hoopla - UncertainKitten)

Snow_Bunny
    (1) (
    Sotty7
    - cepi -
    UncertainKitten
    )

Hoopla
    (1) (Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
    (5) (DizzyIzzyB13 - Snow White - Apokalyptika - Ojanen - Sotty7)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

On the first day arguments were set aside in favor of agreement through a mutual enemy, on the second day arguments were set aside in favor of agreement through a player's supposed intuition, yet on both occasions the Ladies were not rewarded for their largely sensible, diplomatic resolutions. With options running thin, claims come to the forefront...

DizzyIzzyB13, Sucrose's new replacement and still a little frazzled from her own illness (illnezz), concluded that, "There's no room for a roleblocker if you're a cop, so you can't have got a no result on DGB. Nice try, scum". Snow_Bunny, who had claimed to be a Cop earlier, was a phony, and she had the medical doctorate to prove it. Sparing no time nor punches, UncertainKitten criticized the timing of the weary Dizzy, "I'm not certain if DI is lying or telling the truth, but I DO know her claim is perfectly timed for max scum benefit". Despite her earlier hardline on Snow_Bunny, when juxtaposing these two claims, there was a clear fake one. "Please, lynch this scum", UK campaigned to the table. Hoopla concurred with some reservations, but not enough to get her bogged down into a fray. Sotty jumped aboard. Would day 3 would prove to be another victory for near unanimity?

"Nope", answered DGB.

Unconvinced, and self-congratulatory, Apokalyptika hurries to join Dizzy's wagon. Before Dizzy even has a chance to respond, she finds herself at L-1. Snow_Bunny, unimpressed with the lack of rationality, dug her heels in, "Izzy is scum, and I can bet my avatar that DGB is scum as well." DGB may have already sensed the losing battle, with few people left on her side of the argument. She scanned the table. Dizzy hung her head slightly, either out of fear or out of indifference, while the majority began to decide her fate. cepi, distracted as ever, wanted to dig a little deeper into the claims themselves. "Come on ladies, USE YOUR BRAINS", DGB pleaded in vain.

Snow_Bunny made it simple, "Easy, DGB is scum. With DI", and threw down the hammer. Miyu, replacement for the long since defunct Snow White, threw in her endorsement of the wagon after the fact, although the vote was effectively meaningless now.

"You've been snowed by scum", DGB pouted, perhaps unaware that the death of DizzyIzzyB13,
Mafia Goon
, would provide some well-deserved relief to the town.

DizzyIzzyB13,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched day 3.

Final Day 3 Vote Count
  • DizzyIzzyB13
    (6) (DrippingGoofball - Hoopla - UncertainKitten - Sotty7 - Apokalyptika - Snow_Bunny)

Snow_Bunny
    (2) (cepi - DizzyIzzyB13)

Hoopla
    (0) (
    Snow_Bunny
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (
    DizzyIzzyB13
    - Miyu -
    Apokalyptika
    - Ojanen -
    Sotty7
    )

With six votes, that's a successful lynch and the end to day 3.

New
Deadline: Sept. 17th, 2010 at 2:00 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

When you first start the game, everyone has a lot of breathing room. The scum team is full, the town has plenty of bodies, and everyone, in general, is given enough slack to make their rhetorical moves. One scum member down for every five townies isn't a great bargain, but the town may have a trick or two up their sleeve yet.

Ojanen walked outside casually. She left the dark room behind her, still completely in the middle of its night phase. She knew she was just a
Townie
, but she stepped outside, like everyone else, in order to keep the game as impartial as possible. After a minute or two, she began to walk back toward the door. Reaching for the handle, she felt a cold grip clasp onto her shoulder. The door was locked. She turned around and was led by the Moderator into the room next door. There was talking going on in here, and the lights were still on. Immediately she noticed Haylen standing on a chair, esuriospiritus casually reading a book, Fenchurch intently scribbling in her notebook, and camn chatting with Dizzy. Haylen let out a gasp and the spectators all greeted Ojanen as she walked in. Ojanen, realizing she was dead, now began to wonder who would've shot her. Before she could start theorizing with the rest of the spectators, another player walked in. DrippingGoofball, also a
Townie
, had gotten her wish.

As soon as DGB walked in, the lights in the game room clicked on, and the original fifteen were now split between the two rooms.

DrippingGoofball, a
Townie
, was shot night 3.
Ojanen, a
Townie
, was shot night 3.

Vote Count 4.0
  • Not Voting
With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.

The town has added three weeks and one day to the deadline, this, plus the added base of nine days, brings the town a total for four weeks and three days.
New
Deadline: Oct. 18th, 2010 at 2:15 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 4.1
  • Not Voting

Current Deadline: Oct. 18th, 2010 at 2:15 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:54 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Vote Count 4.2
  • Miyu
    (1) (Hoopla)

Hoopla
    (1) (Miyu)

Not Voting
    (5) (UncertainKitten -
    Miyu
    - Sotty7 -
    Hoopla
    - cepi - Apokalyptika - Snow_Bunny)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm prodding cepi.

Vote Count 4.3
  • Miyu

Hoopla
    (2) (Miyu - Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
    (3) (
    UncertainKitten
    - Sotty7 - cepi - Apokalyptika -
    Snow_Bunny
    )

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm prodding Apok as well.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (isolation #41) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm prodding Sotty.

Vote Count 4.4
  • Miyu

Hoopla
    (2) (Miyu - Snow_Bunny)

Not Voting
    (3) (Sotty7 - cepi - Apokalyptika)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (isolation #42) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

In what may very well be the most gripping day of all, yesterday the town made the correct move in lynching the supposed Doctor, DizzyIzzy. Today however, they face a quite different battle as the mafia team tries desperately to hold onto control...

"I am the JailKeeper", Miyu said, securing her position of power on the table. Unlike her predecessors, she was aiming to take control of the situation. UncertainKitten and cepi joined in, patting themselves on the back for a job well done. "So, actually, we literally cannot lose", UK confirmed. Despite the infighting between them, UK and Miyu were content to discuss the probabilities of the game from a position of power. So if they lynched on-

"WHAT THE HELL? STOP EVERYONE!", Hoopla screamed. "
I
AM THE JAILKEEPER
!"

UK's eyes widened. Was she too hasty? cepi remained quiet. Sotty found herself torn. Apokalyptika was less uncertain than the rest, and Snow_Bunny even less uncertain than that. Miyu and Hoopla began to fight over the town's allegiance. One said that whatever the other said means nothing. She had the power of the truth, and the truth conquers any amount of lies that could ever be manufactured. The other laughed at her simplicity, pointing to the lack of substance, the over-simplicity, and the emotional pleas as evidence of her honesty.

"To hell with it, if I'm wrong fuck it", lamented UK. And with that ringing endorsement of the town's faith in Miyu, the hammer would fall on the second
Mafia Goon
, inching ever closer to a town victory. All that was left was the fiendest of the bunch, the Godfather (or Godmother, as UK had more accurately pointed out).

Hoopla,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched on day 4.

Final Day 4 Vote Count
  • Hoopla
    (4) (Miyu - Snow_Bunny - cepi - UncertainKitten)

Miyu
    (1) (Hoopla -
    UncertainKitten
    )

Not Voting
    (2) (Sotty7 -
    cepi
    - Apokalyptika)

With four votes, that's a succesful lynch and the end to day 4.

New
Deadline: Sept. 30th, 2010 at 1:45 AM (CST)
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #43) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

The first player to leave the room is cepi. Although a bit quiet at various points in the game, cepi, a
Townie
, had nothing to offer the Mod. After standing outside the room for a few seconds, cepi goes back inside and UncertainKitten comes out. Just like her colleague, she has nothing to offer in terms of night actions. A vicious
Townie
until the end, she walks casually back into the game room. Sotty, the
Mafia Godfather
, is next. A sullen expression on her face, and feeling a bit withdrawn from all the attention she's received over the course of the game, she makes a quick decision. With very few options, virtually any power role would be a logical choice. She's the first to submit a night action, choosing to knock off Miyu, that pesky
Jailkeeper
(a.k.a. Paranoid Doctor) that caused the scum team so much trouble yesterday. When Miyu steps out of the room, still high on her victory the day before, she's given an opportunity to make her choice for the night. Uninfluenced and confident, she chooses to protect Snow_Bunny, the game's
Cop
. Although Snow_Bunny refused to come outside to make her decision, it seems her investigation choice would've been moot. Neither player are told of their fates just yet, as there was one important power role that had to make an important decision.

Last, but not least, Apokalyptika came out of the room with a purpose. As the town's
Vigilante
, she hadn't yet had much luck in keeping the peace. Sure, she helped lynch Dizzy, but now was her time to shine. And shine she did, electing to kill Sotty without hesitation. With that, the night actions resolve to achieve the town's win condition. With no more need for secrecy, the lights flip on in both rooms. Both doors are swung open and the players told the game is over.

Miyu,
Jailkeeper
, was shot on night 4.
Sotty7,
Mafia Godfather
, was shot on night 4.

UncertainKitten,
Townie
, stays alive!
cepi,
Townie
, stays alive!
Apokalyptika,
Vigilante
, stays alive!
Snow_Bunny,
Cop
, stays alive!

TOWN WINS!
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I'm not going to go back and verify this; this is just purely off of memory (in other words there's probably a mistake in it :P)

Night 1

Snow_Bunny visits DrippingGoofball
chauchaudotcom visits DrippingGoofball
Apokalyptika chooses not to shoot
Sucrose kills esuriospiritus

Night 2

Snow_Bunny visits UncertainKitten
Snow White doesn't submit a night action (there's a little bit more to this)
Apokalyptika shoots Haylen
Hoopla shoots Fenchurch

Night 3

Snow_Bunny visits Sotty7
Miyu visits Snow_Bunny
Apokalyptika shoots DrippingGoofball
Hoopla shoots Ojanen

Night 4

Snow_Bunny doesn't submit a night action
Miyu visits UncertainKitten
Apokalyptika shoots Sotty7
Sotty7 shoots Miyu

---

Ladies Graveyard (Dead QT)
Ladies Night -- Mafia Backroom (Scum QT)

As far as commentary goes, most of you are all so experienced and talented that there's nothing really to add (but I'm going to anyways). Hoopla has a post in the dead QT that really sums up the game from the mafia perspective very well. The side that the town didn't see (or, rather, they did see, but may not have known how heart wrenching it was to see the scum team get the short end of the stick at every turn). Seemingly very few things worked in the scum's favor, despite having three very intelligent and cunning scum players. The strategy going in was viable: eliminate probable townie picks that likely wouldn't otherwise be lynched and hope that the power roles would stumble somewhere along the way. A more conservative approach may have been to look for the power roles immediately, but I really liked the scum plan going in. Despite Sotty getting off to a tough start (which would end up plaguing her throughout the game), the scum team had a good first day/night. They forced a useless lynch on a poor player, the Cop didn't get anything, the jail was useless, and they killed off a solid player. I guess it was right after that when everything started to fall apart.

Although the second day and night wasn't horrible for the scum team, the amount of vanillas dying without any players having to claim power was obviously alarming them. In normal circumstances the scum probably would've benefited from the camn/Ojanen thing that went on during the second day, but, again, it comes back to the string of vanilla townies that were doing very good to attract all of the attention both in the night actions and in the game itself. So you've got this group of Ojanen, camn, DGB, Haylen, Paws, esuriospiritus, and Fenchurch. Every one of these players were vanilla. They all, more or less, played their role well in the sense that they were able to make so much noise and attention that the town's power was allowed to live on and on. Although SB felt a little pressure during the second day, she was impressive in her ability to resist the need to claim for as long as possible. The same goes with Apok, although she had the important ability of being able to basically confirm herself.

Sucrose probably didn't have the time to commit to the game. She's a wonderful player with one of the few SK victories I've seen on this site, but she ended up getting replaced. Dizzy replacing in tried to help bring that role slot into the game, but UK impressively smacked her down before she could even get started. If UK didn't know how critical that exchange with her was, I hope she does now. From an observational standpoint, I thought UK effectively neutered Dizzy until her half-hearted fake claim attempt. This was important because it was really like breaking off a leg on a three-legged stool.

So, what can you say, the third day the scum were already feeling behind. Sotty was constantly under fire as the obvscum choice, Dizzy was hanging back, and Hoopla was absent for a while. This is when DGB really showed why she's DGB and what an experienced player can bring to the mix. I don't have the post number in front of me but DGB called all three scum in mid-to-late D3 with some excellent vote count analysis. I was extremely impressed with her ability to do this, and, apparently, so was Hoopla. Hoopla made a great effort as well to be that leading voice in the town, trying to straddle the line between getting Dizzy lynched and getting someone to counterclaim her. This day could hardly have been worse for the scum, with the only exception being DGB's miscalculation of SB towards the end.

The scum, feeling the pressure, elected to leave Apok alive once more. Could you blame them? They really needed to get that third PR out of the game, who was virtually confirmed after Dizzy's claim went bad. It was tough that, again, the scum came up short. They successfully narrowed the Jailkeeper down to Miyu or Ojanen. They killed Ojanen after a convincing read through her iso, both of them acknowledging that they were worried about the possibility that the chauchau/SW/Miyu role slot could very well have had the power. When that failed, the last real angle they had was to, once again, attempt to get a fake claim of the third PR out there. Their best case scenario at that point was to get Miyu lynched, kill off Apok, and hope that SB would investigate Sotty. Despite Hoopla's really convincing attempt, the town wouldn't even let them have that.

Anyways, this is sounding more like a summary of the game than any actual commentary.

MVP of the scum team was definitely Hoopla. She tried very hard to work every angle she could in various ways. Sotty was, unfortunately, cut off at the knees from almost the beginning of the game. Someone would get on her seemingly every time she tried to make a post, and by the end of the game, her best strategy was really to just actively lurk.

MVP of the town, I think, was really DGB. It's hard to choose though, because, you know, every Townie really played like a Townie should... aggressive and interrogative. Ojanen and Fenchurch were both able to draw in kills while contributing enough to keep suspicions off of them, as did Haylen and DGB. DGB's vote count analysis was really very impressive though. She really helped solidify the connection between Sotty and Dizzy for the rest of the game and she kept Hoopla on her toes. Miyu and SB were both able to play their roles to the best of their abilities. Miyu volunteering to come in
and
treat the game with such respect was so very impressive. UK, despite her rough edges, really did a lot to keep the scum team from ever making any advances on the town. She was like a pitbull for the entire game, tearing into scum and town alike. It was okay though, because she was the one to throw down that very important hammer at the end.

Oh, and one final thing. I've been wanting to say this since Sotty brought it up, but I felt it would be too revealing to talk about it in too much detail. Snow White actually did pick up her prod during the night, but, for some reason, never sent me a night action. I'm sure she may have just forgot, but that was why I was a bit delayed in replacing her.

But thanks to all the lovely ladies for playing in this game. A special thanks to Dizzy and Miyu for replacing in (I know how much of a pain that is). I'm sorry to hear a couple of you didn't enjoy it as much as I did, but it really was a joy to spectate.
Last edited by RedCoyote on Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:16 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Fenchurch wrote:Also one (minor) confusion I had with the set-up: if a mason was drawn, the automatic second mason would supposedly take up one of the remaining power-role slots. How would this work if the mason was the third PR to be drawn?
There was a rule in place where the roles couldn't be duplicated, so it would effectively take the Mason role out of the pool for the last pick.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #46) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Okay tajo, that makes more sense now. I wish you'd have asked me first though :P
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (isolation #47) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh! Yeah, you did.

I don't know why I thought it was Snow_Bunny.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”