podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:23 am

Post by podium123456 »

Bullshit. There's NO way you can tell me that my response here is cool and collected.

You are lying. Every reason you gave me as to why you described me as 'flipping out/emotional/heated' in this thread, is contained in that post... except to a higher level. And there are PLENTY more like that there. There is subjectivity, and then there is night and day.

I am almost 100% convinced you are mafia at this point, because you simply aren't being logical... to the point of lynching.

I also PROVED that i didn't have an 'ah just drop it im not gonna argue' attitude, as you said that i did. Anyone that was in that game knows that i argued non-stop. Here is
another
quote from a town player POST game:
DDD wrote: Podium: Suffered from the same problem that I did in wanting to argue over whatever issue was at hand instead of finding scum.
You asked me for meta where i acted in a SIMILAR way as town. THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS. I provided them to you, and now you are ignoring them. I've pointed you to a more recent example, and you completely refuse to look at it. It's because you never really cared about the meta (you only read 5 pages), and really just wanted to appear like you were giving me a proper and thorough analysis. Well, your conclusions dont hold up to the TRUTH.

I'm not claiming to you... you are scum. I still have faith that the town will see what is going on here and back off. If by some bizarre chance you
are
town, then you have entered a state where you are just refusing to consider that your analysis might be wrong... even though i am posting proof. Hopefully your teammates can make up for that.

If you think im going down without a fight, you are wrong -- so you can stop trying to intimidate me.

Now, make some cute little paragraph about... 'hoo boy you really need to calm down man... you're really embarrassing yourself'

blah blah blah

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The back and forth quotes i put were also made to rebut mallows rock solid scumhunting case -- that i was using AtE a lot here and was scummy because of it. I made nearly the SAME AtE statements in that game as town, and involving very similar circumstances.

Hell, let me try this...

Mallow. Any comment?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:42 am

Post by podium123456 »

Look i understand you probably dont like me at this point. Which i can understand, but you have to understand that i am fighting here. Set everything aside for a moment and consider this from my POV, and how frustrating it might be:

There are TWO major arguments in that thread that riled me up like this argument did. One occurred on the first 5 or 6 pages with elvis knits. The other occurred on pages 11-13ish with DDD. You TELL me that you noticed there was similarities with what you are criticising here at the start, but then it stopped. Later you tell me you only read the first 5 or so pages.

Well, OBVIOUSLY when that first argument petered out, my demeanor changed. (unless i was just a 100% jerkwad all the time -- dont comment on that) Since you didn't read past that, you didn't see that the same type of reactions happened again later in the game... and you assume that i continued in a happy/joking manner for the rest of the game. That is false, and a re-emergence of those behaviors would support my claim that this is my status quo. But because you didn't read it, you just assume ... hell i dont know what you assume... that i am lying?... and you refuse to take it into consideration.

It's frustrating because it exactly fits what you were looking for. A similar response during a similar argument, a period of civility, and then another similar response during a similar argument. Since you stopped when the first period ended, you just say ''ah yeah i saw it... BUT THEN YOU STOPPED, and i didnt read any more"

F*%# whether or not you are scum or town... do you not understand how frustrating that is to me, when
you
are pretty much leading the charge for my lynch?

Does anyone else understand this?

*screams into pillow*
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 am

Post by ODDin »

Yes, that post you linked to does look to me fairly cool and collected. I read it over twice. You're free to say otherwise.
Emotions and impressions can't be proved. I will read the whole of that game if you insist there's a major difference there.
As for that other game, I'm not saying what I'm thinking about it BECAUSE IT'S ONGOING, and thus I'm not intending to discuss it either way. If I do read it, and if it does change my opinion, it's going to be my private business that I won't share, unless that game ends before this one and it is still somehow relevant.

So, it's nice you're certain I'm scum. I take it gonnano, who also asked you to claim, must also be scum by that logic. Which would mean that the three players who put you at L-1 must all be town, so you might as well claim to them.

And your last post is just a huge pile of AtE.
If you're town, yes, I understand this is frustrating to you. Learn from this and get better for future games.
Same is true if you're scum, really.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:56 am

Post by podium123456 »

ODDin wrote: Learn from this and get better for future games.
The problem isn't with me, dude. I detailed how your conclusion isn't logically sound, yet you are prepared to move forward with it. It isn't logical, there is no debating that.

If
you
are town, maybe you can learn from it. I can't improve much more than irrefutably showing that your logic is flawed. If you don't recognize that, it isn't me that needs improvement.

At this point, i imagine you will stick to your story. Either because you are scum and want me lynched, or because you are town and have let personality clashes override logic.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:08 am

Post by podium123456 »

gonnano wrote:I got a similar impression reading the linked game... like the argument was the most important part, not some sort of percieved personal attack against him.

I'd like to know what Sawyer and millar think about the comments that have been made recently.
Can you give me an example of me responding to a perceived personal attack? That's kind of a vague description.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oddinn criticised my reactions as being 'flipping-out, extreme, emotional, and heated'. When pressed to give an example, he said it was because i used excessive question marks, and emphasized some words... along with some AtE/attitude.

A. Do you think 'flipping out/extreme' is an accurate description of my responses in this thread? Or is that possibly an (dare i say it?) overreaction on his part?

B. Do you consider this post to be made by someone that is non-emotional/calm and collected?

How does that compare to this post, in your opinion? Similar, harsher, or weaker
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 am

Post by podium123456 »

ODDin wrote: I will read the whole of that game if you insist there's a major difference there.
I was wrong, here i'll even specifically point you to it... the DDD argument starts on page 6 when he makes a comment that my logic and arguments have been poor -- nothing more. I then spend 3 pages attempting to prove him wrong, with behavior similar to what i had shown here, and involving similar situations (even RVS subjectivity). EVEN INCLUDING YOUR HOLY GRAIL OF MULTIPLE QUESTION MARKS.

I don't quite know how much more i could possibly do to satisfy what you asked for... short of traveling back in time and changing all of their names to ones in this game.

You asked for meta showing the things that you have criticized me here for, notably multiple punctuation marks/emphasizing and attitude/emotion. You already stated that i exhibited those qualities in the first few pages. Remember this post? The AtE/multiple question marks/attitude DO return later in the game.

Sure you can argue something like 'perceived calmness' or 'level of emotion' for eternity and never lose (although you might look ridiculous), but JU CANT DENY THE TRUTH OF THE MULTIPLE QUESTION MARKS!!!

:P <--- but, kinda ---> :roll:

Seriously... they ARE there.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:38 am

Post by podium123456 »

podium123456 wrote:eh i dont know... i just wanted to say something. :mrgreen:

what approach am i taking, and why would it mean a pointless game?
Ugh. What a horrible chain of events was started when i made this post.

I swear to god next time i play, im not saying anything for the first week and a half.

(although, i think i might have said that the last time i played.... :mrgreen: )
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:39 am

Post by ODDin »

Okay, I read the rest of that game, and frankly, yes, it still feels much more controlled and cool than your behaviour here, even if pretty argumentative.
What you're failing to understand is that it isn't logic what we're talking about. Emotions aren't something you can prove and disprove. We're talking about how I interpret your emotions and your attitude. It can't be proven wrong, it's a matter of subjective interpretation. I interpret things in a certain manner. I urge everybody else to read all the relevant material (and NOT count on what I'm saying) and see for themselves if they agree with this interpretation or not. It's perfectly okay for two people to read the same text so that one will think it's heated and emotional and the other one will think it isn't. There isn't a distinct right and wrong here.
The fact that you continue trying to "disprove" my subjective interpretation is truly magnificent.
And it's not only the multiple question marks, you know. I mentioned them in an attempt to analyse my own interpretation and why I thought what I did.

BY THE WAY, here's something I said long ago and you never answered or addressed in any way:
I wrote:I don't really like podium's behaviour prior to the lock. He talked as if there was no discussion and no thing to talk about and it was still RVS. However, there was a little exchange between teejay and myself, so if podium thought it's so bad there's no discussion and that we really need to generate some discussion, he could've at least express some opinion on that issue.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by gonnano »

podium123456 wrote:A. Do you think 'flipping out/extreme' is an accurate description of my responses in this thread? Or is that possibly an (dare i say it?) overreaction on his part?

B. Do you consider this post to be made by someone that is non-emotional/calm and collected?

How does that compare to this post, in your opinion? Similar, harsher, or weaker
I think that your posts have been extreme, yes. However, they are now starting to become more reasonable -- especially the post that I just quoted. Not sure whether this redeems you or not, but there it is.

The first linked post seemed to me to be the more collected one of the two. Mostly in that post you got your facts together and presented them, with only a little sarcasm and maybe a few more capital letters than I personally would have expected in a response. When you look at the relative amounts of reason and AtE in each of those two examples, the first one wins.

What I was referring to by "percieved personal attack" were comments like the one where you said you were in a catch-22, basically saying that you had been trapped into something. In retrospect, AtE might be closer to the mark of what I was trying to say.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by podium123456 »

ODDin wrote: What you're failing to understand is that it isn't logic what we're talking about.
The logic aspect was only brought into the discussion when i made this post, discussing the flawed logic of your approach to the analysis.

ODDin wrote: It's perfectly okay for two people to read the same text so that one will think it's heated and emotional and the other one will think it isn't. There isn't a distinct right and wrong here.
Right. I have pointed this out several times.

There isn't a right or wrong... but there can be disingenuous. In that one post, i shouted, insulted, emphasized, and belittled the person... my attitude was very cocky and rude. For you to act like that post is less emotionally charged than some of the posts you have critiqued here (for example) is quizzical to me... but that's subjective.

To act like it isn't even
similar
gets into disingenuous territory. Can i prove that? No. But i feel i can make a compelling case by comparing/contrasting the text.
ODDin wrote: The fact that you continue trying to "disprove" my subjective interpretation is truly magnificent.
And it's not only the multiple question marks, you know. I mentioned them in an attempt to analyse my own interpretation and why I thought what I did.
I have tried to show that my reactions were similar, using posts dripping with attitude/emotion, along with the unique punctuation that you highlighted.

You said that:
Lots of question marks on the whole represent higher tones and more emotion put into the statement. (These are used in many other posts as well)
The other game has the same type of question mark use appearing all through the game, but especially during the two arguments i am comparing to this one. You wont even concede that those posts are
similar
, even though you previously said that type of punctuation is indicative of higher tones and more emotion. Instead, you describe them as lacking enhanced emotion/cool calm. I don't understand why that type of punctuation doesn't mean the same (or at least is similar) as it does here. Can you understand why i feel that you arent being genuine?

And i know that you add on... 'but you have to understand the tone/attitude i am getting internally'. That's why i choose posts that are dripping with attitude/insults/emotion.

ODDin wrote: BY THE WAY, here's something I said long ago and you never answered or addressed in any way:
I wrote:I don't really like podium's behaviour prior to the lock. He talked as if there was no discussion and no thing to talk about and it was still RVS. However, there was a little exchange between teejay and myself, so if podium thought it's so bad there's no discussion and that we really need to generate some discussion, he could've at least express some opinion on that issue.
I found nothing of substance to comment on. teejay's post was made in a comical fashion. i couldn't tell if you were serious or joking in your response... and frankly didnt care. it was the scenario i had predicted would occur, in my first post in the game.
Sawyer
Sawyer
Goon
Sawyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:05 pm

Post by Sawyer »

Sorry for my absence. I should have a post coming by tomorrow.
"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by podium123456 »

gonnano wrote: However, they are now starting to become more reasonable -- especially the post that I just quoted. Not sure whether this redeems you or not, but there it is.
Yeah... I am very logic driven, and rather semantic when it comes to debating. I try to remain civil, but as you can see, there is a sharpness to my tongue. When i feel i am right, and that logic/facts are on my side, i can get
quite
worked up. I found myself up against several different people criticizing me about separate incidents, culminating in the display i put on today. :eek:

But, i would still stand by anything i have said... and feel that underneath all my attitude I have been more in the right, than in the wrong.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gonnano wrote:
podium123456 wrote:A. Do you think 'flipping out/extreme' is an accurate description of my responses in this thread? Or is that possibly an (dare i say it?) overreaction on his part?
I think that your posts have been extreme, yes.
I should have specified that i was referring to my posts that occurred prior to oddin making that accusation. There's no question that my posts today have been extreme.

For instance, would you consider this post to be 'flipping out' or 'extreme'?
gonnano wrote:
podium123456 wrote: B. Do you consider this post to be made by someone that is non-emotional/calm and collected?

The first linked post seemed to me to be the more collected one of the two. Mostly in that post you got your facts together and presented them, with only a little sarcasm and maybe a few more capital letters than I personally would have expected in a response. When you look at the relative amounts of reason and AtE in each of those two examples, the first one wins.
Again i need to clarify what i was asking. I am only concerned with the emotional aspect in this comparison... not the amount of reason or AtE. When contemplating how emotionally charged these posts are, which would you say is more heated? Or do you believe they are equal?

First

Second

(and actually, the second post contains a link to a post that concisely described my reasons/facts in more detail, without any attitude whatsoever. would that change your previous observation?)

gonnano wrote: What I was referring to by "percieved personal attack" were comments like the one where you said you were in a catch-22, basically saying that you had been trapped into something. In retrospect, AtE might be closer to the mark of what I was trying to say.
In that case, i would direct you to the AtE quotes i highlighted earlier from both threads. Since you take meta into consideration, do you feel that the AtE's in that game are similar to the ones i have made here?
TeeJay
TeeJay
Townie
TeeJay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by TeeJay »

WOW! A lot has happened in a day. Sorry ODDin, I don't feel like searching for the threads, but If you look at my TylerJ wiki, you can find the names to the threads on that (I'm kinda lazy sometimes).

Podium, you posed some questions at me, but are merely repeats of questions already asked.

What I find interesting is Podium's hesitancy to claim after several times of being told he ought to. I, or pretty much any townie, would have already claimed.

ODDin, I very much would like to hammer, but before I do, I would like to wait for Sawyer and (I forget his name) to post. I will give it a day, and see what happens.

Podium, please claim.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by gonnano »

1. I wouldn't consider that link (your post 48) to be excessive if I were reading it by itself, but in context it does seem like an overreaction. TeeJay made what seemed to me to be a valid point, and your response came off as trying too hard to make it seem invalid. While I'm on the topic of the context of that post...

Your response to millar DID seem excessive to me (which is why I considered TeeJay's point a valid one) , because you became very defensive and tried to shift the blame to me. I'm not denying that I was at fault, but it seems like someone who is trying to look for scum would have said something like "What is your opinion of the part that gonnano played in the situation that you voted me for?", whereas your post came off as "Nononono get your vote off me and put it on gonnano, he did it!"

2. I'll answer the rest of your post all at once:
Obviously the side-by-side examples of AtE that you gave were very similar, but how many posts did the examples from the other game span? I think the relevant idea here is not the amount of emotion in each game, but rather the proportion of emotion in each game. I would say that from what I've read the
amounts
of emotion in the examples you gave were similar, but in your other game there was much more reasoning and pro-town play to act as a counterbalance.
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by gonnano »

I probably won't be able to post again until after my V/LA, so uhh... I guess I won't get to hammer. For the record, mallow seems scummy to me (but that doesn't mean much because mallow always seems scummy to me).
- Joseph Heller
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by podium123456 »

TeeJay wrote: Podium, please claim.
There's no need for a claim. 2 of the people voting me have only made 3 posts in this entire game. The third hasn't contributed much more. Are you really prepared for our first lynch to head to the gallows based on those votes, and a hammer?

There has been a lot of emotion thrown around lately (admittedly, a lot from me), but i feel we may actually be getting into some substantive scumhunting now. I want to address/debate each of the cases made against me. There is no rush... we have over 2 weeks until deadline. If the result of discussions is that my behavior was not as scummy as initially thought, then me claiming now would negatively impact the town.

If we have discussions, and i remain the lynch candidate, then i will claim. I am open to opinion on this stance... but i would like to hear solid reasons if you oppose.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by podium123456 »

I'll respond to gonnano first, as he may be short on time. I'm splitting your post up into two sections, you will see why in a minute.
gonnano wrote:1. I wouldn't consider that link (your post 48) to be excessive if I were reading it by itself, but in context it does seem like an overreaction.
There are a couple of things intertwined here, but i am suggesting that oddin's characterization of my reaction is, in fact, an overreaction. Does 'flipping out' or 'extreme' accurately describe that post, in your opinion? This doesn't concern whether or not it is an overreaction... only if it is indicative of someone that is 'flipping out' or acting extreme?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gonnano wrote: 2. I'll answer the rest of your post all at once:
Obviously the side-by-side examples of AtE that you gave were very similar, but how many posts did the examples from the other game span?
Actually, I asked for your opinion specifically because i feel oddin is being disingenuous with his answers. Yes, it is concerning a subjective area... but i feel the examples are distinct enough to determine if his answers seem out of the ordinary.

You say that the side by side examples are
very
similar. If i were to press it further, i wouldn't be surprised to hear you say that the first link was more emotionally charged than the second. Would this be fair? Or no?

When oddin examined those two specific quotes, not only did he feel that they
weren't
similar... but he felt the 1st one came from a calm/cool collected person, and the 2nd from someone who wasn't calm and in control.

Granted subjectivity plays a part. However... based on the similarities of the examples, and on the level of emotion contained in the first link, i dont find it plausible that he really felt that way. It seems to be nearly the complete opposite of what one would logically conclude. Your opinion supports my suspicion that he is being disingenuous. I don't know if he is being disingenuous for scummy reasons, or for personal reasons... but i am making note of it.

What are your thoughts on this? Are his answers plausible/logical to you? Would anyone else like to participate/comment?

First

Second

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gonnano wrote: I think the relevant idea here is not the amount of emotion in each game, but rather the proportion of emotion in each game. I would say that from what I've read the
amounts
of emotion in the examples you gave were similar, but in your other game there was much more reasoning and pro-town play to act as a counterbalance.
With a very short response here, i just want to say that you have to keep in mind that you are examining an entire game there, and comparing it to the first big argument here. If you were to cut off your comparison at page 5 in that thread, you would find that the behavior is quite consistent.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Darn gonnano... i just realized that i mixed up some of your response. When you said 'side by side' AtE examples, i thought you were referring to the two individual posts i asked you to comment on... you were including the list of side by side quotes i made. Were the two specific posts included in what you described as very similar? I think they were, therefore the second paragraph is still applicable. If not, let me know.

Regarding the quote to quote AtE comparisons i gave:

The third paragraph above, is still relevant.

Earlier you said this:
gonnano wrote:I got a similar impression reading the linked game... like the argument was the most important part, not some sort of percieved personal attack against him.

I'd like to know what Sawyer and millar think about the comments that have been made recently.
You have clarified that you meant 'AtE's' when you said 'perceived personal attacks'. What are you alleging occurred in this game? That i made frequent AtE's? If not, then what.

If you are saying that i made AtE's in this thread, but didn't in the old thread... that's not the case. I made those quote to quote comparisons to show that i DID make AtE's in the old thread, where i was a townie.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by podium123456 »

gonnano wrote: Your response to millar DID seem excessive to me (which is why I considered TeeJay's point a valid one) , because you became very defensive and tried to shift the blame to me. I'm not denying that I was at fault, but it seems like someone who is trying to look for scum would have said something like "What is your opinion of the part that gonnano played in the situation that you voted me for?", whereas your post came off as "Nononono get your vote off me and put it on gonnano, he did it!"

TeeJay made what seemed to me to be a valid point, and your response came off as trying too hard to make it seem invalid.

Okay, there is a
lot
going on here. This will involve several people, and cases they have made against me. I want to give some insight into my mindset as all of this quickly unfolded, as well as to make some sense of the utter confusion as unrelated points started to become intertwined.

It's long.

Regarding my response to millar:

Link

For the first part, there was no need for me to ask him what his opinion was on who 'broke the game'... as it was undisputed (as you agree). So, I educated him on the facts. The reason i tried to shift the blame, is because you
were
the blame. You know? Getting him to seriously consider lynching you because he 'broke the game' wasn't even on my radar... because i felt it was a ridiculous reason. If you believe that i was trying to get him to vote you, then i can see how my reaction might look scummy... but i was just informing him where the blame lied. Note that oddin also mentioned/agreed that this point couldnt be a scum-tell in this post.

The second part is what i took seriously... when he said that i excessively disputed you, and was therefore, scum. I told him that you had accused me of being scum, and that i had made one response to that. Then i made an AtE comment, that is consistent with my past play. When people say that i overreacted to millar, i only contemplate it regarding this point... as the first issue i regard as just a dumb issue.

So when i look at that, i see my statement of the facts, and an AtE (but really, isn't it better described as a sarcastic comment?). Now, is that an overreaction? So much so that it is scummy? In my opinion, it is nothing unusual. If you are considering the first part of my response to be an overreaction, then i ask you to think about how i was approaching it at the time, as i wrote above.

Then comes the overly defensive part. As i have pointed out, it was a serious accusation and a VOTE. Overly defensive, and overreacting are pretty much in the same vein, so what i wrote above would apply.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And in the first of several intertwined/confusing, and borderline contradictory developments (from my POV)... my harshest critic (Oddin) later says that what you and teejay considered to be an over-reaction,
he
found understandable. Link.

A little confusing (dare i say contradictory), considering that some of the elements of my response to millar were
prettyy
damn close to things he later criticized... along with a VOTE. But... you know... i have a feeling that any inconsistency here will be sidestepped under the umbrella of 'subjectivity'.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now...

When teejay comes into the picture, it gets into the argument that he and i had. He said that i was too QUICK to become defensive, and this becomes a
separate
scumtrait, while the issue of overreacting still remains.

I ask him (with a fairly low key post) why it matters that i am defensive on page 2... as a serious vote/accusation had occurred. There is some sarcasm in my post... but remember, he had just made an accusatory comment to me. Is my sarcasm enough so that it makes it unusually scummy? Oddin feels this is part of an overall overreaction... although it is the FIRST time i have responded to this new accusation.

teejay returns to say that he doesn't believe that anything serious happened. now there are THREE separate issues at hand, all in the blink of an eye. Can you see why i might start to get flustered at this point? Not only do i have gonnano's vote/accusation, and millars vote/accusation... but i have THREE additional accusations concerning my response to millar. sawyer later mentions this third reason as he places a vote on me.

I respond with this post. Yes, there is some sarcasm... but i felt i pretty clearly explained how his latest accusation wasn't correct. because it's a pretty straight forward thing, right? If you take out my comment about his cheesy line (which it was :P) the
only
additional un-neccessary input is "What??". Oddin feels that my response is part of an overall overreaction... although it is the FIRST time i have responded to this new accusation.

Think about what all is going on now. Are you ready?

Gonnano has a vote/accusation on me. Millar thinks that my response to gonnano is scummy and votes me. Gonnano and teejay think that my response to millar is an overreaction, while oddin feels it is justified. Teejay introduces a new accusation regarding my millar vote, that oddin feels isn't valid. When i attempt to resolve that accusation (with a post oddin considers an overreaction) teejay misses the point and introduces ANOTHER accusation regarding my millar vote. oddin also feels that point isn't valid (but sawyer does), and considers my attempt to resolve it an overreaction.

ayiyiyiyi :eek:

Im tired of typing today. I am stopping here. What follows is a jumbled up mess of accusations and defenses (served with heavy sarcasm) all centered on me while i try to keep my sanity as the S really hit the fan.

Is this helping any? Do you guys want me to continue the activity flow tomorrow?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The way i see it is that there are two aspects to my 'issue' right now. My behavior/reactions through the chain reaction posts that exploded, and the comparison of my behavior in a completed townie game to this one.

Oddin feels that i am exhibiting different gamestyles between the two game, and that i am scum here... this is false, and i have started breaking down that case in a substantive manner (imo). Work in progress.

Then we are left with my behaviors/reactions to everything that occurred recently. Work in progress, but i will do my best to explain/make sense. I hope i have conveyed some of the stress i was being hit with all at once, and perhaps you can better understand the things i said/did... as well as compare it to my actions in the completed and linked townie game.

I understand i am the focus of attention right now. But, I would appreciate it if someone on my wagon would unvote, as i am afraid that scum is waiting to hammer me. There is plenty of time to go, and i think the truth will come out... both about me, and about others. Taking a vote off isn't necessarily going to prevent me from being lynched in the end... but it will prevent these valuable conversations from continuing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pshhhh and just think... a few days ago people were complaining that there wasnt much to talk about.

:mrgreen:

DONKAY OUT
TeeJay
TeeJay
Townie
TeeJay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by TeeJay »

podium123456 wrote:
TeeJay wrote: Podium, please claim.
There's no need for a claim. 2 of the people voting me have only made 3 posts in this entire game. The third hasn't contributed much more. Are you really prepared for our first lynch to head to the gallows based on those votes, and a hammer?

Valid Point. This day has gone by quickly, And in all honesty, maybe too fast. Being a few hours removed from the heated discussion has seemingly cleared my head a little.

I will reread your latest post as it was quite lengthly.
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
TeeJay
TeeJay
Townie
TeeJay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:54 pm

Post by TeeJay »

Now that I reread your post, my thoughts:

The bulk of your scumminess lays in the mood of your posts. Angry reactions in Mafia are actually quite common, I am not concerned so much about your reaction as I am about how quickly you reacted. Typically, I see people who react the way you did after the about three votes on them, whereas you only had one. The fact that you gave an OMGUS vote doesn't help the case.
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Post by ODDin »

Podium, regarding the question marks, in case there was a misunderstanding: what I meant was multiple question marks coming TOGETHER as a single punctuation sign, such as "??" and "???", not just many sentences ending with a single question mark.

Compare:

What is wrong with you? <- fairly calm

What is wrong with you??? <- bordering on hysterical
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 am

Post by podium123456 »

TeeJay wrote:Now that I reread your post, my thoughts:

The bulk of your scumminess lays in the mood of your posts. Angry reactions in Mafia are actually quite common, I am not concerned so much about your reaction as I am about how quickly you reacted. Typically, I see people who react the way you did after the about three votes on them, whereas you only had one. The fact that you gave an OMGUS vote doesn't help the case.
So you are saying that people dont respond to a scum accusation until they have about three votes? Sorry, i dont believe that. As a matter of fact, from my experience, NOT responding to it would result in people accusing the accused of avoiding the issue.

As far as the vote... i would have made that vote regardless of if it was on me or not. It was the scummiest looking thing i had seen so far in the game... it just so happened that it was on me.

As far as OMGUS... that concept is by no means a rock solid scum finder, imo. When a reasonable case is made, along with the vote, it loses most of it's scumminess. You know? It's like, why should i be dinged if his vote/accusation was scummy enough to receive a vote?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:58 am

Post by podium123456 »

ODDin wrote:Podium, regarding the question marks, in case there was a misunderstanding: what I meant was multiple question marks coming TOGETHER as a single punctuation sign, such as "??" and "???", not just many sentences ending with a single question mark.

Compare:

What is wrong with you? <- fairly calm

What is wrong with you??? <- bordering on hysterical
Again with the question marks... sheesh.

Is there something particular you are referring to here? Hasn't anytime i have made reference of 'multiple question marks' referred to what you just described?

I have a question for you. Was this post made by someone that was calm, cool, and collected?
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:00 am

Post by ODDin »

I mentioned them again because I thought you didn't understand what I meant.
The post you linked to now does look heated and emotional, and it didn't escape my attention when I read the thread. But it was basically the only one in that vein. The rest, or most of the rest, were much calmer.

Return to “Completed Open Games”