jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 238: Trendy and Subversive Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:26 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Open 238: Trouble on the River
Mod: jmj3000
Backup: Haylen (hopefully wont be needed)

Ah, time for a nice, relaxing dinner cruise. Oh look, there is a show. It's a murder mystery, how nice.Wait, did the lights just go out? Was that a real scream? Ah, powers back. Wait, is that Haylen laying on the floor? She wasn't part of the show. Is that real blood? Time to get to the bottom of this.

Day Countdown

Here ya go

Cruising Peacefully

podium123456
Sawyer
gonnano

Sleeping with the fishes

ODDin, Doctor, Lynched day 1

Equinox
Tazaro
millar13
, Vanilla Townie, Killed night 1

TeeJay, Mafia Roleblocker, Lynched Day 2

jenniwren
Orochi
mallowgeno
, Nurse, Chummed night 2

In the brig (modkilled)

Better be empty.
Last edited by jmj3000 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

jmj3000's Rules (Stolen from Haylen, who cross referenced with Incognito and Vi's rules to makes sure she got everything.)

During the Day...
1. The game is a Day Start.
2. You must bold your votes as such Vote: Battle Mage, please put the unvote where I can see it though, at the bottom of the post preferably. Unvoting makes me happy, but isn't completely necessary.
3. Each Day will have a deadline of 3 weeks, not reaching a majority of votes during that time will result in a no lynch. I may extend the deadline in special circumstances. I may also reduce the deadline by one day each time if activity does not pick up. Don't lurk. Lurking makes me sad
4. Mafia may not speak to each other during the day, lest you be smited.
5. You may not quote your role PM's or any other communication outside thread, with the mod. Lest you be smited.
6. I don't like cheaters. (a) Anybody who is found to be using invisible text, spoiler tags, encryption or anything as such will be smited unless they have an extremely good reason. Not knowing is not a good reason.
(b) If you have the power to edit yours or anyone elses posts. Dont. Lest you be smited.
7a. If you do not post within 72 hrs, you will receive a prod. Failure to response to the prod within 72 hrs will result in an automatic replacement. Three prods with result in an automatic replacement aswell.
b. All mod communication should be opened as they are likely to contain important information about the game. This is to prevent mistakes with prods ect.
c. If the third real life day after a prod is sent occurs during the night, then players are required to reply to their prod via PM. This is so that if a replacement is needed one can be found ASAP.
8. If you don't post for a whole game day, you'll be forcibly replaced.

During Twilight
1. Votes and unvotes will not be counted after a lynch.
2. The person lynched may still talk during Twilight.
4. Mafia still can't talk during this time.

During the Night Phase
1. The Night Phase will last 72 hrs. I like this number. Any actions that have not been received by then will be forgone. (Night may end early if all actions are received)
2. If your role permits it, you may talk to the players I have given you permission to talk to during the night.
3. Mafia, whoever sends in the kill, don't try and kill your partners, I will not be messed with.
4. Don't try and impersonate the mafia by sending me fake action PM's, I will not appreciate it, and you will be smited.

General Rules
1. I will not accept insulting behaviour in my games, anybody doing so will receive a nice, well worded warning from me in thread. Further breaking of the rule will receive a harsher punishment.
Green
is my colour. Dont use any kind of
green
in your posts, I will count it as impersonating the mod and you will be smited. Sometimes I like to edit your posts, if I do I'll use my colour.
3. Never talk to anybody outside the game except if your role permits it, and I have told you you can talk now.
4. Don't piss off the mod. You will be smited.
5. If you think you have found a loophole with my rules, you haven't. I will recognise a loophole breakage and punish you accordingly.
6. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills', means I kill you immediately (for breaking the rules) and change your role to Neutral Survivor, meaning you auto-lose. Smitings (AKA) 'Modkills' automatically end the day. Period.
7. Play to win, just like everyone else. Don't get disheartened if you're lynched or attacked, basically don't take anything personally. If you feel somebodies behaviour has been inappropriate PM me about it and I will deal with it in some form or another.
8. Thy mod is thy god...however, I may make a mistake, if I do; PM me about it and I'll deal with it in some form or another.
9. If you need help PM me...or AIM me, I'm always online (except when I'm sleeping)
10. The mod is afraid of ghosts, don't post when you're dead, you will scare him. Leave it to end game discussion...
11. Treat this game as a commitment, and be courteous to your fellow players. It will make everybody, including your mod happy. Smile
12. It is my prerogative to change the rules if I deem it necessary, you shall receive a notification in thread and a PM aswell to notify you of these changes.
13. I like receiving PM's, if anybody fancies PMing me for a chat or rant go for it. I can't talk about game specifics though, obv obv.
14. As per site rules, linking, quoting, or otherwise discussing ongoing games is against the rules. Anyone caught doing it after this point will be modkilled in a way that follows rule G6.

Rules have been updated to fit my gender.
Last edited by jmj3000 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Roles

Three people got:
You are a townie. You have the ability to vote at day, but have no powers at night time.
You win when the mafias are eliminated.

Either one (if there is a deputy) or zero (if there is a doctor and nurse) people got:
You are a cop. You have the ability to vote at day, and investigate a player at night time. You will receive a notification from me, the Mod, before the night ends about the role alignment of the player you investigated. There is a deputy cop who will take your position in case of your death, if she/he is still alive at the time. You do not know who the deputy cop is, the deputy cop doesn’t know who you are. Mutual.

Either one (if there is a cop) or zero (if there is a doctor and nurse) people got:
You are a deputy cop. You have the ability to vote at day, but no powers at night time, unless the cop has already been killed. In that case, you overtake his/her role, and are able to investigate a player at night time. You will receive a notification from me, the Mod, before the night ends about the role alignment of the player you investigated. You do not know who the deputy cop is, the deputy cop doesn’t know who you are. Mutual.

Either one (if there is a nurse) or zero (if there is a cop and deputy) people got:
You are a doctor. You have the ability to vote at day, and protect a player from being killed by Mafia at night time. There is a nurse who will take your position in case of your death, if she/he is still alive at the time. You do not know who the nurse is, the nurse doesn’t know who you are. Mutual.

Either one (if there is a doctor) or zero (if there is a cop and deputy) people got:
You are a nurse. You have the ability to vote at day, but no powers at night time, unless the doctor has already been killed. In that case, you overtake his/her role, and are able to protect a player from being killed by Mafia at night time. You do not know who the doctor is, the doctor doesn’t know who you are. Mutual.

One person got:
You are a mafia goon. You have the ability to vote at day, and the power to kill a player at night time. You have a mafia partner, _______, who is a mafia roleblocker. She/he has the power to block a player from performing his/her night action at night. In the case of your death, she/he will take over your role, and be able to kill a player and block a player in the same night. However, you will not receive the mafia roleblocker’s power in the case of his/her death.
You win when the town aligned players are eliminated or nothing can prevent the same. You can talk to your partner here during confirmation and night phases.

One person got:
You are a mafia roleblocker. You have the ability to vote at day, and the power to block a player from performing his/her night action at night. You have a mafia partner, _______, who is a mafia goon. She/he has the power to kill a player at night time. In the case of his/her death, you will overtake his/her role and be able to kill a player at night time as well as block a player, but in the case of your death, your power of blocking will not be transferred to the mafia goon.
You win when the town aligned players are eliminated or nothing can prevent the same. You can talk to your partner here during confirmation and night phases.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Roles are being randomized and sent out in the next few minutes. Once all roles are out and majority have confirmed, I will unlock the topic and begin day 1.

Roles are out. Majority have confirmed. Day 1 Starts and will end at 7:00 PM EST on August 15. Get to it.
SONY MAFIA

jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

First Official Vote Count of Day 1

Players needed to lynch: 4

Players not voting: gonnano, mallowgeno, millar13, ODDin, podium123456, Sawyer, TeeJay
SONY MAFIA

millar13
millar13
Who dunnit it?
millar13
Who dunnit it?
Who dunnit it?

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by millar13 »

Vote: mallowgeno
for throwing coins
Town Record: 6-6
Mafia Record: 1-2
Special Roles: 0-1
Coin Games: 4th (Game 1) 1st (Game 2) 5th (All-Star Game) Hosted (Game 3) Couples 3rd
Sawyer
Sawyer
Goon
Sawyer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Sawyer »

Vote: Millar
because I hear bad things
"They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same."

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by gonnano »

Unfortunately I will be V/LA August 1-9, with the possibility of getting back the 8th or maybe even the 7th. I didn't really think about it beforehand, but if this is too long to be out I just wanted everyone to be aware so that I can be replaced if necessary.

In hopeful anticipation of not being replaced, I will VOTE: mallow for being the only one that I've played with before.

EBWOPreview: Sweet, a bandwagon

V/LA announcement noted
Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

Gonnano I"ve never played with you before...

Vote the liar, gonnano
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Post by gonnano »

Some men are born mediocre, some achieve mediocrity, and some have mediocrity thrust upon them.
- Joseph Heller
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by mallowgeno »

just kidding :P
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:21 pm

Post by gonnano »

:shifty: Oh, well in that case
Vote Mallow Again

My role says I am allowed to vote, but doesn't specify a limit... I think this game might be broken :shifty:
- Joseph Heller
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by podium123456 »

ugh. i hate rvs... i think more games should start at night. now we have to play a week of tickleass until someone takes something the wrong way and makes a mountain out of a molehill... and then a couple more knuckleheads pile on.

im tempted to say screw it and put mallow at L-1... lol but im sure several people would have a stroke going 'ZOMG he is so impatient, he must be scum!' :P bah.

VOTE: gonnano
-- for starting a game a week before he takes vacation

wake me up when something happens

*falls asleep*
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by gonnano »

WAKE UP I JUST BROKE THE GAME

But seriously, Night starts are kind of a bummer -- you wait a week for the game to fill up, wait a few days to find out what happened Night 0, then find out that you're dead. Rinse and Repeat.
- Joseph Heller
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by podium123456 »

well yeah, if u get killed N1 it sucks... but thats just part of the game. the benefit is that the rest of the players have a more meaningful start... as you have deaths and reports and what not to go on right out of the gate. i mean, we're gonna twiddle our thumbs here for a week or two until something petty gets blown up anyway... if u got killed N1 on a night start, u could be in another game by then.

anyway. what are you talking about with limits and breaking the game? there's no limit to how many times you can vote.
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by gonnano »

at the same time? I meant that I was placing two separate votes on mallow. I would like to apologize for my terrible attempt at humor.
- Joseph Heller
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by podium123456 »

ah, ok.... gotcha. :mrgreen:
TeeJay
TeeJay
Townie
TeeJay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by TeeJay »

what happened to my post? As I was saying before the internet so rudely interrupted.

Gonanno: Admits he will be lurking. Also semi-quotes his pm. I can't believe he would do that... Add he broke the game.
FOS: Gonanno

Sawyer is not Mafia, nor is he townie, he is a criminal, wait, cop. He is innocent.

Podium tells us that he has hypersomnia and refuses to add anything useful to the game until he wakes up. Great, another lurker.
FOS: Podium

Mallow is a Hypocrite. He lies and yet calls Gonnano a liar.

Millar votes Mallow for NO Reason. *Gasps*
Major RV FOS: Millar
. As if RV and Major fit in the same category.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:50 am

Post by ODDin »

millar: didn't get the "for throwing coins".

TeeJay is looking too deeply into things, me thinks. And also curiously doesn't place a vote, as if trying to be extra cautious.
vote: TeeJay
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Looking deeply into things is good.
unvote, Vote ODDin
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:36 am

Post by gonnano »

FoS: TeeJay

for being so quick to clear Sawyer.
- Joseph Heller
TeeJay
TeeJay
Townie
TeeJay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by TeeJay »

If I am too deep, perhaps Oddin is too shallow :P.

Above post: Why shouldn't I be so quick to clear my scumbuddy?

Anyway, just dropping in.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977
ODDin
ODDin
Mafia Scum
ODDin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:32 am

Post by ODDin »

You still didn't say why you're not voting, though.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Post by podium123456 »

dang there's only 7 people in this game. and everyone has made their tickleass RVS posts.

WAT DO
gonnano
gonnano
Goon
gonnano
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by gonnano »

what would you do to get the game started? I guess we could all take the approach that you're taking now, but that would mean a pointless game instead of a pointless few pages...
- Joseph Heller

Return to “Completed Open Games”