Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Prox »

/confirm.

This whole thread seems infected with glitter ^^

I wasn't given my title for nothing~ teehee ~Kitty
Last edited by KittyMo on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
This time, I'll not care.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Prox »

Haylen wrote:Hey, lets go round and each say one different reason why we <3 the mod =)
Ah...She's a girl on the internet? You don't find much of those around, except on facebook.

This place must be special.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Prox »

I can tell by the energy ^^
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Prox »

K, now we should all act thoughtful while we wait for this game of thought to happen.

I think that google and search engines in general is the key to decreasing the mean ignorance of the world. Thoughts?

More seriously, what do you think of the theory that suffering is necessary for happiness to occur and vice versa? Can you think of a way to improve this theory?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Prox »

Kongregate seems like it might crash this computer. But I'll try.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Prox »

...Kongregate is pretty cool.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Prox »

Oh, I'm ProxProx
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:YES, AND IT SUCKED ****
Oh my. What a strange card game.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Prox »

got to go now. Sorry, persons. Yes, I know.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok five questions for though. Y'all should post your answers

1) How many games have you played
2) What is your favorite role
3) What is the most fun thing you've ever done
4) One interesting thing about yourself
5) What is your dream job
1) Not sure. They were all on this little chat room I found. Really quick. Boring. I didn't like it.
2) It'd be awesome if I were scum or third party. Cop/Doc would work, too. Something interesting. But I also think I'd hate all these things because the pressure is a lot smaller when you're less important and have nothing to hide.
3) Once, I played The Really Fun Game. Then I played The Stupidest Game in Existence. The second one was better than the first. Stupid is fun.
4) I like to philosophize.
5) I'd like to rule the world. Oh well.

I think these questions are a ploy to look useful.
vote drmyshottyizsik
Three of the questions are not likely to help the town win at all, and could waste time. They wasted mine ^^
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:44 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:VOTE: Vote: G & H

oh and Gandalf wanted me to tell you he wishes he would have subbed into your first game sooner so he could have help be part of your first lynching.
I thought you proposed a RQS. Was that another attempt to seem useful?
FoS drmyshottyizsik
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Prox »

Also, my opinion of Good & Honest:

Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Prox »

Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Prox »

Oh, lol. Seems you'll be silent when asked about your role. Good idea.

Anyways, let's think of the usefulness of lynching G&H.

If he/she does as he did in that game she linked, she will post a decent amount of content. However, like everyone in that game pointed out, he also won't validate any of this content with a vote. That would make it pretty hard to figure out whether or not he/she is scum.

However, G&H's desire to always be truthful in every situation (and silent when truth would hurt his meta) means there will possibly be more chance for him to slip. Or does it? What do you guys think?

Personally, I think G&H could be lynched later rather than sooner as his playstyle becomes more obviously destructive.

I think it would be a good idea if everyone gives their opinions on G&H.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Prox »

Haylen wrote:
Prox wrote:Nice.

So, G&H, I suppose the first and most obvious question to ask before we think about lynching you for your playstyle: Are you scum?
Why are we asking for a claim on Day One? I call rolefishing

Unvote
Vote Prox
Rolefishing? No, I'm going off of G&H's claim that he will always be truthful. The easiest thing to do at this point is to get him to tell us whether or not he's scum.

But then I found that G&H doesn't answer these sort of questions for meta's sake.

Either way, I'm not really asking for a claim. I don't care as much about his role, as I do his alliance. Or is there not a difference?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Prox »

Also: thoughts on G&H, please?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Prox »

What do you mean? There are 9 of us.

Could you explain further the anti-townness of G&H's playstyle and how it requires that he die today?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Prox »

No vote at all except at lol????

I can see how that'll hurt the town in the long run.
unvote; vote Good & Honest

I don't like the idea of voting for someone just because their posts are too large. It scares me.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Prox »

Why would he say "No, I'm doc?"

He would say, "No, I'm not scum." or "No, I am town."

Scum has nothing to do with power.

I still don't understand.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Switz we are in a newbie game and i was simply informing him that claims shouldnt be asked for on day one. And about killing G & H you're right it's a trick situation, but i really think we should just get him out of the way now, and scum hunt tomorow.
But I didn't ask for a claim O.o
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Prox »

Firstly:
Mod: Prod Crayboff and LittleNinja plz?

Computer problems stop me from continuing atm.

Done. :3 ~KittyMo
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Prox »

Good and Honest wrote:I'm glad that some of you have taken a look at my first game and have given comments about my playstyle. I'll respond to them now.

drmyshottyizsik, I can understand that not everyone likes reading long posts but this is just my writing style. I'm sad that it depletes the fun of the game for you. When you comment on my unwillingness to vote, you are of the opinion that it hurts the town because that makes it harder to lynch anyone during the day. But, on the other hand, that also hurts the mafia because it makes it more difficult for them to lynch an innocent townsperson!

However, there is something else extremely important in this context which relates to our current game in particular:

PLEASE, EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS RULE from KittyMo's second post:

7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.

Unlike other Newbie games where if no one has received 50%+1 of the votes at deadline, no one gets lynched, IN THIS GAME even if only one player has voted at deadline, the person who was voted will be lynched! So in this particular game my unwillingness to vote won't have that big of an influence.

Prox, I really like your post where you ponder on the usefulness of lynching me. The thoughts you have given sound very interesting and I agree that the other players should consider them.

Haylen, Prox's question might be notable in a vacuum but my case is special so I don't find the question that strange - I have been asked similar questions in all of my previous games here. The idea is that since I want to always be honest in a game of Mafia, I would be expected to answer a question about my role in a game. However, Prox later did find out that in my first game I have addressed this situation and that I'll remain silent when I'm asked this question.

Switz, being honest doesn't mean that I have to say absolutely everything that's on my mind - just that whatever I say is going to be true. So in your hypothetical situation I most probably won't tell everyone that I think Player X is the "Doctor".

No, I don't intend to change my playstyle. It's going to remain the same as I have stated in my first game.

I see you think it's a problem that I say "If you think my playstyle is going to make the game less enjoyable for you, you can vote to lynch me" so I'll explain in more detail. I realize that my playstyle might not be liked by some players and I definitely don't want to spoil the game for them so I can accept it if they vote for me. That's exactly the case with drmyshottyizsik who has announced not liking either my playstyle or my writing style. So I have no problems with drmyshottyizsik's vote.

However, Switz, you have correctly noticed that my quick lynch during Day 1 in my first game caused many problems for the town - in fact, it can be said that it was a big reason for the town's loss in the end. But that happened because almost all of the other players in the game were focused solely on me. What should have happened is that everyone should have interacted with everyone (and not only with me) and participated more in the discussions... That would have resulted in much more information available - and if the town had used the time available during Day 1, whether they lynched me at the end of the day or not wouldn't really be a problem. That's why I hope that in this game even if the majority of the players don't like my playstyle, the time available during Day 1 will be used for more discussions and interactions between the players - something that even drmyshottyizsik mentioned earlier in the game:

"Also we shouldn't be to quick to lynch, just fyi. If we kill a towny to quick it will hurt us, but if we take our time and really think it won't."

By the way, Switz, there is a sentence you wrote which confuses me:

"The problem with lynching him today is that it loses us a day of actual scumhunting, but the problem with leaving him around is that it'll just make tomorrow more confusing since we have no other way to kill him in a setup like this."

I guess you're talking about me here. The first part of the sentence isn't necessarily true as I've just explained - if we use the whole length of Day 1 for discussions, investigations, sharing thoughts, etc., even if I get lynched in the end, the day won't be lost. However, it's the second part of the sentence that I don't understand - what do you mean when you say that you have no other way to kill me in a setup like this?
tl;dr

But what I got from skimming it:

G&H's promise not to vote would make him a less dangerous scum. That, along with the fact that his playstyle is the only currently wrong thing about him, makes me want to decide not to lynch him. We can do that when G&H seems scummy. Like I said, he'll probably slip easily by not being totally honest if he is scum. And, if he's town, he might slip and tell us so, straight out.

Also, we need to be sure not to take G&H's vow too seriously. Nothing but himself is stopping him from lying. But if we catch him lying this game, there's no need to trust his him any further.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:ok just a quick question. I'm not asking for votes, I'm just wondering. If you guys had to lynch 1 person right now. Who?
Well, if I HAD to pick right now without any more progress in the Day, you'd be hanging on that noose. But only because we're just 5 pages into the game.
silverbullet wrote: Good question.... If someone claimed scum would you vote them?
Well, looking at the possible roles...why not?
Hinduragi wrote:Sorry for not being as active as most. I had to work. Anyways, I've read up on this thread. From what I see Good and Honest said, there shouldn't be a reason to vote for him. His playstyle is "The truth but not the lifting of the curtain" if you had to explain it in one phrase. It doesn't really hurt the game. I look at it like a leap of faith in your fellow players. He's either trusting them not to kill him as a townie or trusting them not to kill him as a mafia goon.

I'm keeping my vote simply because this is a RVS still. No progress has really been made except discussion from a select amount of players. I don't see any reason to change my vote either as I suspect Shotty even more than I did earlier in the game. No offense intended, Shotty. You just showed abnormal behavior which I took note of in the beginning of the game and it gradually grew on me. Hopefully we can have the ones who haven't discussed yet come in and lend us a hand.
It's not an RVS still because the votes aren't random anymore. And discussion from a select amount of players IS progress. Could you be more specific about shotty?

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Sorry guys i've been at work. And just to clarify why i asked who y'all would lynch was because i wanted y'all to really thik about it and, as I did, realize that no one is truly coming across super scumdiliumpious.
Well, not super scumdiliumpious. But, as you seem to ignore, a lot of us find you a little tasty.

seems a lot of us got bad vibes about mr. shotty. Wouldn't it be a good idea to talk about that some more and build some pressure on him and see how that proceeds?

unvote; vote shotty

Awesome! Did you know you can look at specific players' posts all by themselves at the bottom of the page? That's just great.

Shotty seems to be buddying alot. He even pointed out:
I was...bonding with the citizens of the game
He buddies with G&H (even though he wants him dead):
"OMG!!!! You was playing with my best friend gandalf,,, ya he's awesome"
"You know G & H irl i think we would be good pals"

Haylen: "Thanks Haylen."

The thing is, I don't think he's using buddying as a scumtactic, but more as a habit/playstyle. However, it
could
be a scumtactic, since he's been a little fishy in some other ways as well.

I think the reason he seems fishy to me is because he just seems to be wary of getting on people's bad sides, trying to be everyone's friend. He's too...agreeable.

Of course, it's only page 5, but I still think this is an itch worth scratching in order to get more content.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Prox »

No worries, now. Let's focus. Shotty, if you HAD to pick SOMEONE to lynch RIGHT NOW, who would it be, and why?
Haylen wrote:

Unvote
Vote Prox
I still don't get it. Did you say this to evoke a response from me, or because there wasn't much there to vote for and you wanted to end the RVS, or because you wanted to misrep me?

I don't see how someone with so much expirience could misinterpret me in this way.
FoS
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Prox »

@Hinduragi: I wanted to know your reasons in particular, to see if they were different from mine. I also asked that because what you said seemed vague to me.

Good point about shotty, you made, too. He did do well to put attention on G&H and off of himself. More importantly, it seems that he could have been opportunistic in his bid for the G&H-wagon, seeing an easy way to get a mislynch on Day 1. And after he got attention for that, he unvoted, despite what he advocated.

Seems pretty suspicious. Thoughts/votes?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Prox »

Recap:

Shotty is accused of

1. Buddying
2. Contradicting (several times)
3. Opportunism
4. Trying to push away suspicion (repeatedly)

The case seems to be getting more and more solid. We should discuss this more before considering pushing him to L-1 (that's when people usually claim, right?). We're only at Page 5. The mafias I've looked at usually get around page 9.

WE NEED MORE THOUGHTS, ESPECIALLY FROM THOSE WHO'VE ONLY POSTED ONCE OR TWICE.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Prox »

This is so fun ^^

While I'm happy, KittyMo, you're an awesome mod and can I have a kitty pic? (where do you get those things??)

Mod Note
Well, the black and white cat and the tabby are mine. :3 The other one someone sent me a picture of.

Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote: Ok, here i would like to say a few things. First i want to rebut the statements made against me.
1. Buddying- since when is being nice and being friends with the town a bad thing? If all of the town hates each other then the town won't function.
2. Contradicting- I don't contradict so much as i change my mind. None of us have a rock solid case, so we all have a right to form, and reform opinions.
3. Opportunism is the conscious policy and practice of taking selfish advantage of circumstances, with little regard for principles- I have not done this. I have asked questions that better the towns understanding of each other.
4.Trying to push away suspicion- I have not tried this at all. I never said anything about anyone being mafia, i simply stated that even if G & H is a towny he will hurt the town.

Now I would like to rehash number four, but turn the tables. Prox, all you have done is tried to drive the band wagon of me being scum, thus pushing any suspicion away from you, which if you are mafia is a very very smart thing to do, but it is also the sign that you may be mafia. Also I would like to touch on number 1 a little bit. On the first day we started this game you I and Haylen played on Kongregate together. (don't worry Kitty it was strictly non-thread stuff) And actually me and Haylen were talking about it and you tried to buddy yourself right in there with us. And about number 3, this entire game you have used opportunism to do nothing but pass the buck, and gain the trust of people. And finally number 2, you said and i quote.
then you said.
Either way, I'm not really asking for a claim. I don't care as much about his role, as I do his alliance. Or is there not a difference?
this is very contradictory and it also proves that you were trying to buddy up or form an "alliance". So, finaly my point. By your theory of those four points equaling mafia. You sir = Mafia
Prox is accused of

1. Buddying
2. Contradicting (several times)
3. Opportunism
4. Trying to push away suspicion (repeatedly)
5. And Being a hypocrite
VOTE: Prox
I call OMGUS.

First off, I only spent time acting friendly during the pre-game: not when things started to get serious.

I never contradicted myself. Alliance is defined as Scum/Town/3rd-Party. Role is like Doc/Cop/Godfather/etc. I think you misunderstood me. I was asking G&H about his alliance, since he said he would always be truthful.

If you call defending myself logically and then attacking another person using perfectly valid points scummy, then I have a problem with you.

You didn't explain anything about opportunism. Btw, when I say opportunism I mean that you went after G&H because it was the easy thing to do.

All in all, your attack is weak, and seems to be you lashing out at me for attacking you (OMGUS).
G&H wrote:The reasons they might claim such a thing could be different - maybe they are annoyed with the game or want to confuse someone...
I hope that doesn't happen much. I'd think that the person who claims mafioso is a jester or suicide bomber or something...and unless a vig is around, it's still best to lynch those...right? But its a useless thing to discuss in this game where stuff like that won't happen.
Ok here's my case against Hinduragi, he made some valid points, but he's posted to confirm, to rvs me, to apologize for working, and to dis me. And I can't say as much against him, but what i can say is that when he's says i was bonding with people, yes i bond. I AM A BONDER! It's how i play. I like having good relations with everyone. And when he said that I am trying to get rid of the heat on me. Yes I am, and so is anyone who is L-2, but all he has been doing is laying the heat on me thicker. Maybe he is mafia and saw an opportunity to get a innocent person lynched and is pushing it really hard and is getting his partner Prox to help.
Bonding is not pro-town. http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Buddying_Up
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #27) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Prox »

Sorry, but
V/LA Today & Tommorrow

I might be back sooner, perhaps even today, but there's a chance I might not, so...sorry.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #28) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by Prox »

I'm back.

Before I re-read, I'd like to note that unless G&H is scummy, he's not a good lynch for today.

On a further note, my opinions on G&H "contradicted" only because I changed my mind. I was undecided, and then became decided. I will stay decided.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Prox »

Hey, I'm here. In a bad mood if it shows.

Hi, these are my thoughts/responses to the game, as I read them (I didn't go back and make these posts). Keep that in mind as you read.
shotty wrote:My point of that "attack" on you was not to attack you it was to prove how silly your claims were.
Bull. The point of your attack was to attack me for attacking you. If it wasn't an attack meant to attack me, why did you vote for me? Please note that the bulk of your "attack" on me was focused on using the same points I did against you.
ok i did miss understand you here, but you just contradicted your self again. You just explained how ask for his alliance is like asking for a claim,,,,,, but earlier you have repeatedly said you didn't ask for a claim.
I call Misrep.

This post does not compare alliance to role, but contrasts the two. I did not ask for a claim; I asked for alliance.
I used the exact same points on you that you used on me. I used logical points to defend myself and then attack you. So if you are calling me scummy, then you have a problem with yourself.
You said the points were silly...
Aside from that, the difference between my attack and yours is that it didn't also serve as a defense.
I am going after you and this isn't easy at all. You are the one who has it easy trying to attack me.
This doesn't discredit the opportunism of your previous votes. Also, it tends to be easier to attack scummy people than it is to attack less scummy people. That should be obvious.
I bond, i don't buddy up . Buddying up is choosing a single buddy to befriend and share blame with.
It'd be better to define bonding than to give an inaccurate definition to something who's definition I already linked you to.

Note: This defense seems to be focused on moving the attention to me rather than defending yourself.

shotty wrote:YESSSS, but it won't happen, and if it did then i would be getting pressure to hammer. I don't like his style, at all and i find it anti-town the first half of the game, Also if we lynched him we could stopped talking about lynching him and get on with the game.
Or we could just stop talking about it. This is stupid. It's like your saying "just because I want this guy to be lynched, it's better to go ahead and lynch him so we can go ahead and focus on lynching someone scummy". Just...wow.
G&H wrote:To tell you the truth, I'm not really comfortable with talking about suspects in general.
Ok, this is where I draw the line. If you aren't going to vote OR talk about suspects, how are we going to know your opinion???
Later you said to Prox: "If you attack me I will attack back, it's how it works man". I can't agree with that. Not everyone who accuses you of something in a game is going to be a mafioso.
This is nice to say. You should bold things like these so I'll be more likely to read them. Nonetheless, how does this things shotty make you feel? Do you think he's scummy? Do you think he's cool? Both? Hm..?
Why do you say "WE" - I don't think anyone else has stated that they want me to contribute in a particular manner?
He just assumed. Correctly, too. Take it from me. I also want you to contribute in a particular manner. But I'm good on tolerance.

For now.
Each time you have mentioned Prox, you have done one of two things - either agreed with Prox about something or defended Prox from something said by Haylen or drmyshottyizsik. On the other hand, so far Prox has mentioned you a total of ZERO times!
I'm against buddying.
shotty wrote:SCUM TEAM: Prox and Switz.
This is why I talk more about you in this post than anyone else. Switz doesn't say stuff like this. He makes sense. I don't have to tell him that. I focus on people like...you. People I have a problem with, ya'know?
switz wrote: I guess that's a "be careful what you wish for" moment. But here's the truth: I'm "defending" Prox because Prox is scumhunting, I agree with the evidence he's turned up, and no one's provided a convincing case against him. To a lesser extent, I suppose I'd support Hinduragi as well, although he hasn't had a strong case against him and hasn't done as much scumhunting.
Aw, shucks. Sorry, I just had to say this. Won't mention you again. Unless you do something dynamic/scummy.
induragi wrote:Now I also noticed that in the same post this quote was excerpted from you accused me of being mafia and partnering with Prox. Just now, I see that you accused Prox of partnering with Switz. Would you explain this please?
You see, this game is split into two factions. The people who think shotty is scummy, and the people who are too inactive/quiet to say/think so. The first faction is the one that we all need to try to lynch.
bob wrote:@ Goodface - Listen, whoever the fuck you are, I love that you're trying out this pretty little pet experiment of yours on this totally obvious multiple account, but it's annoying as hell. Just saying.
9th.
Jeez, your terrified, aren't you? I can almost feel your fingers physically trembling as you write this. This type of nervous energy, of way overdoing your efforts to sound logical and consistent and unabrasive is text-book, and I mean text-book scum. How many times in this post do you say something, and then immediately qualify it to make sure you haven't left yourself open to attack? A lot.
You'll have to convince me to believe that only scum can do this.
bob wrote:Please try super hard not to lynch either of us, as we're just getting warmed up here with this whole scumhunting thing.
By either of us, I think you mean foilist? Either way, I hope to have some of the fun for me, too.
foilist wrote:Town almost never keep that cool of a head under fire.
Are you sure?
shotty wrote:PROX!!!
Tunnelling?
foilist13 wrote:G&H is not scummy, however we have no choice but to lynch him if he does not change his playing habits. I don't think you fully grasp that there is not another option.
Sigh. You're probably right.

Shotty's probably just vindictive. Either way, the pressure is gone. I need to think, now.

I be back ASAP, but I won't be able to post my thoughts tonight.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #30) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Prox »

foilist13 wrote:@Hinduragi: You are so scummy. I'm not even sure I can explain how scummy you are. Everything about that last post is clearly designed to avoid drawing an attack.

unvote, vote:hinduragi

My hope right now is that a cop will investigate G&H and take the pressure off us having to lynch him. If that does not happen though, then we have no choice but to lynch him.

@Switz: I'll get to you later.
I still don't get this. I would try to avoid drawing an attack regardless of my alliance. Getting attacked is scary. And getting mislynched is failure.
foilist13 wrote:Look at your post.
hinduragi wrote:Go ahead and try to explain it then. I'm sure it's suspicious, though.
This is one of many many examples. Look at the way you structure your response. If you were a townie you would be adamant that I am wrong. You however, have chosen to say there is merit to my suspicion, but I just happen to be wrong. That is classic scum mentality. Rather than attack my argument or me, you tried to diffuse the situation by appeasing me and being nice to me. This has absolutely nothing to do with the content of your posts, who you're attacking, or who you suspect. This is about the simple structure of your writing and your attitude towards the other players. You have a scum mentality.
No, he actually seems more accepting of the fact that you will call him scummy for whatever he does (which is pretty accurate). I still don't get it.

Note:
New Objective: Get G&H to either sub out or change his mind.
G&H wrote:Good and Honest, "fundamentally detrimental to the town", was killed by the mafiosi at the first opportunity?!
No comment.

But I saw many points in that post that could have been condensed. Please??? Have you heard of tl;dr? Google it. People read short things more often than long things.
G&H wrote:You seem to think that there can't be an individual who is an intelligent, disciplined thinker and at the same time very emotional and, in a way, so incredibly naive... Well, there can be such an individual. And there is.
But he shouldn't be playing mafiascum. I'm sorry, but you're going against the object of the game. Understand that this is, JUST A GAME. Votes and lynches don't really hurt! When you NK someone, he isn't really getting shot! If you hate to mislynch, then practice, so you won't anymore! But don't harm the town by existing in this game in this way.

I can see that you are a relatively intelligent person! You should be able to understand that people like KittyMo and Haylen play this game NOT because they're blood-thirsty people who dream of lynching people in a mob-ruled society! See it our way- or don't play. You understand what I'm saying? If you want to play the game, then play the game!
G&H wrote:To everyone - you can lynch me if you want. But do it if you honestly don't like my playstyle, not because of the completely wrong reason that I'm "fundamentally detrimental to the town".
That is the RIGHT reason! This is a game we're playing, and you're hurting it. The town has the RIGHT to lynch the person they think most detrimental to their purpose of outliving the scum. You're basically either taking a town-aligned slot and removing its signifigance (basically one less player) or taking a scum role and playing it in a DECEITFUL way.

You are supposed to play toward your win condition! What you are doing is comparable to scum trying to get all his partners lynched "because he hates to be scum"!

Why are you playing this game if you don't want to play it?
Is someone making you, or do you just take joy in harming whatever faction you end up part of?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #31) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Prox wrote:
shotty wrote:My point of that "attack" on you was not to attack you it was to prove how silly your claims were.
Bull. The point of your attack was to attack me for attacking you. If it wasn't an attack meant to attack me, why did you vote for me? Please note that the bulk of your "attack" on me was focused on using the same points I did against you.
I used the exact same points on you that you used on me. I used logical points to defend myself and then attack you. So if you are calling me scummy, then you have a problem with yourself.
You said the points were silly...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!! I attack you using the same logic that you used against me, neither of us had a valid point, thus silly.
And I voted for you because of the same logic that you voted for me.
But...why would you vote someone for reasons you consider silly?
Switz wrote:@Haylen:

Before/during your reread, I'd really appreciate it if you could answer this question Prox asked earlier; you don't have many posts and this one jumps out at me.
Prox wrote:
Haylen wrote:

Unvote
Vote Prox
I still don't get it. Did you say this to evoke a response from me, or because there wasn't much there to vote for and you wanted to end the RVS, or because you wanted to misrep me?

I don't see how someone with so much expirience could misinterpret me in this way.
FoS
Oh. I didn't notice that Haylen didn't respond to that.
unvote; Haylen

Haylen, Haylen, Haylen. What's up(, Haylen)?

People Who(m?) I Have (Negative) Thoughts About:
Haylen
G&H
shotty
*the scum who isn't on this list atm due to the ignorance of the typist*

No particular order. I'll be lurking around for responses for at least another 30 minutes!
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #32) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Prox »

Did the whole quote mechanic thing just change design, or is it just me?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #33) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 am

Post by Prox »

Haylen wrote:Sorry, I've completely spent the last 2 days doing modding things. I am that sad. Good news is: my appeal upheld and I'm allowed to repeat the first year of my course! wootwoot!

Anywho, I actually didn't notice that question Prox put towards me, thus I am surprised to see it in front of me now.

The majority of my votes on Day One are to gouge a reaction from players, I don't just look at how the person I voted reacts, I look at how the other people in the game react. I call things how I see them, I saw Prox's question as an attempt at rolefishing - I do admit though that I came into the game a lot more aggressive than I usually do. You lot aren't the only ones trying to improve ;) My scumhunting skills tend to be rather dismal, however I have memorised the majority of the wiki pages :D
prox wrote:*the scum who isn't on this list atm due to the ignorance of the typist*
So basically, you're saying, that you know there is one scum in that list? Is it your scumbuddy?

Edit: Prox, yes it changed.

Please don't edit your posts, Haylen. Just put in an EBWOP next time. Thanks! <3

Oh, I just realized you meant preview edit. Sorry >> ~Kitty
That's a rhetorical question, but I don't quite get the point of it. But, to explain it further, I read this article once that said I'm supposed to express undeniable confidence when playing this game. That last part was mainly me expressing the opinion/hope that there must be one scum on this list.
foilist13 wrote:@Prox: Stop defending hinduragi. Now. If you want to attack me, that's fine, but answering for other players is a big no-no.
This makes sense.
Prox wrote:I still don't get this. I would try to avoid drawing an attack regardless of my alliance. Getting attacked is scary. And getting mislynched is failure.
Town have finding the scum at the forefront of their minds. Scum have survival at the forefront of their minds. That post is 100% geared towards survival.
Prox wrote:No, he actually seems more accepting of the fact that you will call him scummy for whatever he does (which is pretty accurate). I still don't get it.
I am not interested in the content of his post. I am interested in the structure of his writing. That has not changed.
I'll save my response to this after Hinduragi defends himself then.
Prox wrote:I can see that you are a relatively intelligent person! You should be able to understand that people like KittyMo and Haylen play this game NOT because they're blood-thirsty people who dream of lynching people in a mob-ruled society! See it our way- or don't play. You understand what I'm saying? If you want to play the game, then play the game!
Stop. The goal here is not to get Good and Honest t replace out. Like you said this is just a game. We're not here to exclude anybody. If he wants to play his way, that is his right, but there is nothing stopping us from trying to change his mind. No playstyle warrants replacement however.
[/quote]

And there's nothing stopping me from changing his mind about playing- as it is clearly undecided. You have your ethics and I have mine. This is my opinion, and I suppose it can be subject to change as
I
see fit.

@Silverbullet: It's SARCASM. Sorry.
foilist13 wrote:
Archaebob wrote:This seems to contradict some of the stuff you've said earlier in this game. Not too long ago, you were all Mr. Hardass "vote or we'll lynch you. Get crackin." How is threatening to lynch him any less exclusive than asking him to replace out? I don't understand why you are going after Prox for saying to G&H what we've basically been saying to him ourselves.
There is a big difference between lynching someone and asking them replace out. Geez, what are you guys doing? If G&H replaces out because we decided to force him out of the game, then he has every right to be upset. This is a game. We're not here to decide who can play and who can't. Lynching him is very different. That is part of the natural course go the game, and in lynching him he is participating. Replacement is always a last resort when there is no other option.

I cannot and will not advocate forcing this player out of the game. I will absolutely support lynching him if he does not contribute to the town. I hope I've made myself clear.
Note: You can't "force" somebody to replace out. You convince him.
Haylen wrote:
foilist13 wrote:
Haylen wrote:Nope. You've never get a reaction from me from a vote, unless it's the hammer.
Well aren't we special. You're almost as bad as G&H
What? Because I don't react to votes on me? Seriously, once you've played 41 games, you start not really caring when people vote for you.
A lack of a reaction is a reaction. I guess you decided to do this and make it part of your meta so that town can't figure out when you're scum?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Prox »

:O I'm not reading that. G&H, could you PLEASE try to summarize your posts? If you still want to type really long posts, at least put a summarization at the bottom.

Re-reading thread.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Prox »

Spoiler: Shotty ISO
1. Shotty: could you link me to the games you have played on this site so far? (You can find it by clicking “View My Posts” at the top left part of your screen. ) That’d be great.
a. In your post 10 I found that you asked some questions to everybody, but didn’t answer them yourself. Could you do that, too?
b. In your post 25, you gave me the feeling that you were hurrying to end the day.
c. In your post 26, I felt like you were buddying. The same can be said, to a lesser extent, about post 22.
d. Post 22 also seemed to be far to cautious for you. You seemed to be trying to be all nice about it
e. Post 27 seems like useless spam for the purpose of idle chitchat
f. In post 28 you again asked a question that you refrained from answering
g. In post 29 you seemed to unvote G&H for no particular reason
h. In post 32 you seemed to indirectly contradict yourself by answering your question on post 28 without really answering it.
i. In post 35 you seemed to indirectly contradict yourself because you unvoted G&H and yet said you would hammer him if given the chance. Why unvote G&H (and not change it to someone else) if you still want the player lynched? Do you usually keep your vote off of players you find harmful to the town’s aims until they are at L-1?
j. In your post 36, you post a failure of an attack in retaliation to my attack on you (OMGUS). You do know that OMGUS is a stupid/scummy thing to do? Speaking of which, your attack on me had many more flaws than mine did. You vote for me.
k. In your post 37, you quickly and amazingly change your opinions on G&H to “you’re pretty okay”,; also, you later make another failful attack on Hinduragi for attacking you without actually defending yourself against the attack
l. In post 38, you try to rebut my rebuttal.
i. You said that the point of your attack was to prove how silly my claims were. However, you ended your attack with a vote on me and propositions that I am part of the scum faction. If your attack was not really an attack, you have yet to validate your suspicions on me.
ii. You misrep my post by saying I contradicted myself when I clearly had not. You have yet to comment on this.
iii. You claimed to have used the same logic to attack me as I used to attack you. This is untrue. While you
tried
to do this, you completely failed and used a different mode of logic than I did.
iv. You tried to defend your past opportunistic actions by changing the subject to your current actions
v. You again misrep me by saying that I lashed out at you for lashing out at me, despite the fact that I was the person attacking you, and I did this because you were scummy, not because you “attacked” me. (How can I lash out at someone if they didn’t actually make an attack on me?)
vi. You misdefined the term “buddying” to support your claim that you were not buddying. Again, you used an illogical fallacy to defend your actions.
m. In post 42 you do two things: 1) announce that you believe I am scum, despite the fact that you never explained why you thought this; 2) changed your mind about G&H again, declaring that his play is anti-town. You also restate that you never made an attack on me, despite the fact that at the end of this “attack” you voted for me and declared me scum.
n. In post 43 you elaborate further your “new” opinion on G&H
o. In post 44 you declare that you don’t like Good & Honest’s playstyle “at all”. You also use the fallacy that G&H should be lynched just because we are talking about him getting lynched.
p. In post 45 you try to repair the contradiction you made about G&H with a small platitude about how you were talking about his scumminess, not his playstyle quality. Despite the fact that your contradiction is COMPLETELY focused on G&H’s playstyle.
q. In post 47 you blatantly buddy some more. Remember when I told you that was bad? I meant it.
r. In post 48 you declare “OK everytime I'm nice to someone you can't call us scum buddies!!!”, despite the fact that being nice and blatantly trying to get the favour of someone are two different things.
s. In post 50, you just say something else fallacitical, misreppy and stupid.
t. In post 51, you announce who you think is scummy without saying why. Let it be noted that all the people you listed are people who were attacking you. Also, wtf is “over scumhunting”???
u. In post 52 you realize your true nature.
v. In post 53 you continue to tunnel on me, still with no justification.
w. In post 55 you finally start to explain your accusations. I almost loled.
i. First off, you say “I really wish there were 3 scum”. That is stupid, I don’t care what faction you’re part of.
ii. You MISREP ME AGAIN by saying that something was asking for a claim BUT IT WAS NOT. You say that there is no denying that I asked for a claim- but I did deny it, and you did nothing to refute that! Idiotically, you use failogic to contradict my refutation. It’s really sad. Sorry for saying that.
iii. You call me scummy for changing my mind. How hypocritical is that! I even give key words showing that I changed my mind. I mean, really.
iv. You again confuse scumminess with playstyle. I never said a thing about G&H being scummy
v. You said something else stupid. I mean really stupid. You know my job is to push cases on scum?
vi. Then you stupidly accuse me of OMGUS voting with the quote of me calling you an OMGUS voter. Wtf?
vii. I’m sorry, but your attack is complete bull. Feel free to respond to this, but try to think before you do so.
x. In post 56, you ridiculously accuse foilist of scumhunting too much. xD
y. In post 57, you become indecisive about G&H again…
z. In post 58 you repeat yourself. I’m sure you find a comment about that above. In post 61 you repeat yourself and try to get me to give up on you. Not just yet.
I didn’t want to go past Z, sorry.
Shotty, I request from you the following:
1. Read this post.
2. Link me to all your games.
3. Explain your opinions about G&H
4. Rebut my defenses (funny to call them that) and attacks.
5. Explain “overscumhunting” and how it is bad. And how foilist is scummy.
6. Stop buddying. What you are doing is buddying. Bonding is different, though my thesaurus disagrees.
7. Whatever else
8. Think before you post.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #36) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Prox »

@Archaebob: In retrospect, I don’t like how you restricted the town by ordering them not to discuss your attack on Hinduragi, even approvingly. The discussion could have created a lot of information that is no longer accessible. No big deal, though, I suppose.

[quote=”Hinduragi”] drmyshottyizsik
Prox
silverbullet999
Switz
Good and Honest
Haylen
foilist13
archaebob[/quote]

Wait, where the heck did this come from??? For the second most scummy person on your list, I’ve received very little attention from you. Could you please explain that before I OMGUS (joke)?

I guess Haylen just doesn’t care about us anymore…

[quote=”silverbullet”] Hey0 Silver!! Type out all the stuffs you did so that scumz like me can play off the said suspicions and evidencies you gots and lead a mislynchhh!!!! L33t!"[/quote]
I saw that when I was reading bob’s iso, not realizing you had already responded ^^ Good call there. It’s interesting why Bob would ask for that. I’m just saying.

Btw, I couldn’t get a nice read on silverbullet, but the game of Mafiascum itself makes me suspicious of him. But that’s all I got (about him). Hm.

Off to play chess on kongregate now. Really fun place.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #37) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:48 am

Post by Prox »

...why didn't my tags work? (Don't mess with them kitty, either way]
There's something wrong with the "s. If you copy-paste your posts out of a word processor with a different font, that could be the cause. I had to switch from Microsoft Word to Notepad to prevent that issue a while back.
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #38) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:54 am

Post by Prox »

Post 237 Readability statistics: 3280 words, 14323 characters, 164 sentences. 20 words per sentence.

Readability:
Passive Sentences: 8%
Flesch Reading Ease: 69.8 (easily understandable by 13- to 15-year-old students)
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 8.4

Kudos, G&H

I still haven't read the post, so if you can just summarize your huge posts that you make in the future (at the end) as well as those few above, then I'll be happy.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #39) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Prox »

Okay. I'm done trying to understand/convince/mess with/etc. shotty. Someone else do that, if they find it necessary. If you think that I'm scummy, tell me, so I can address that and alleviate your worries. But shotty, your reasons for voting me aren't very valid and seem close to vendetta. I explained it before, but there's no point anymore. Or at least at this moment.

Haylen made a fallacy based on her meta that basically says "I'm town because I always do this". If you decide to always do something then you will always do it, despite your alliance.

My problem with Haylen is that she doesn't seem to care enough. She doesn't put much effort into this, and it could either be because she's scum or because she doesn't have the time and motivation. It's frustating when someone has a valid excuse for something that shouldn't be happening.
FoS
anyway.

I agree with bob. However, it also reeks of laziness. I'll wait for Haylen's sub (oh, I mean, the guy who Haylen is subbing for) and then suspiciously watch him until he does a flip or something.
This may surprise you, and it totally isn't OMGUS, but I am getting quite odd/possibly scummy vibes from Archeobob.
Oh, yes. I think I'd feel this way whenever someone attacks me.

I've already read Haylen's posts today, and my opinion of her stands, though technically she's one of the scummiest people here.
unvote

Actually shotty, before I ignore you completely, could you list the points of your real attack on me? No quotes or anything, just list the scummy things I've done. No speculating scumteams, etc. Then we can start off on a clean slate and we'll be on the same page, even if you do still think I'm scum. Also, sorry for whatever crap I've thrown at you. I won't say that again.

Why won't the forum just let me post in peace...
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #40) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Prox »

I will be V/LA from August 1st to August 6th, and will be pretty busy and probably will have little access. I will look into getting a backup mod; I have a couple of people in mind. :3 I'll miss you guys. :b
:O

On a side note- :b? Not :p or :P?

I use all 3. Just depends on how I'm feeling at the time. ^_^; ~Kitty
Last edited by KittyMo on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:@Shotty

What wagon did you think you were hoppin bud?
Oh Haylen Voted Prox right before I did, I just didn't want to be called out for that.
Oh sorry never mind i read that wrong. I have a cold or the flu or something and I'm throwing up. Sorry I really miss read Haylen's post.
Try reading mine right. Also, I suggest warm showers. Seriously.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 am

Post by Prox »

EBWOP: hot showers.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 am

Post by Prox »

We love you, Haylen.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Prox »

xD I'm surprised it didn't take longer for this to happen. However, I don't get how it took someone else to say it for it to matter.

@G&H: I was able to skim through your post! No, I didn't want to vote Haylen; putting pressure on someone about to be replaced just seems stupid to me. The replacement cannot defend Haylen.

@Seraphim: I'm glad someone sees what I saw, but have you considered the possibility that shotty is just an idiot? I mean, he has, far too blatantly, OMGUSed everyone who's attacked him. I think that's more dumb than scummy. That's my current opinion on him, but of course, dumb people aren't always bad townies.

@Shotty: ANSWER MY REQUEST. IT'S IMPORTANT. Don't try to dodge it again. Also, explain why you think Seraphim is scummy, aside from the voting for you thing.

@Silverbullet: Do you think archbob is scum?

@Foilist: you seem to ignore the fact that shotty attacks and calls scummy everyone who attacks him. The ONLY time anyone ever gets his suspicion is when they attack him, except for G&H, who his opinion of doesn't make any sense.

Honestly, if shotty is scum, it'd be better to lynch his more intelligent counterpart anyways. Not that I have a good read on him. I'm going to re-read the thread and attack somebody.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #45) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Prox »

Prox - Actually, yeah, I've been considering that too. Shotty may be one hell of a VI. I'm more inclined to think he's newbscum since he had a similar behavior in his last game, though.
Looking at the wikia for VI gave me ideas ^^ too WIFOMy though.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #46) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Prox »

PS: shotty is too new to play VI so perfectly.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #47) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok Prox here I go clean slate.
1. Gut feeling
2. It almost feels like you are pushing for a mislynch
3. You are too pushy
4. You exploit everything
5. You don't stick you what you say
6. Your attacks don't always make any sense
7. I get a scum vibe from you
8. You almost seem nervous sometimes

Ok there you go.
Ah...yes, you're definetly town.

Okay, 1 and 7 is the same thing.

2 needs to be explained. You have to understand that I don't know your alliance.

3 is a character issue. Is scum more pushy than town?

4 is innaccurate. What have I exploited?

5 also needs to be explained. I'm sure that I've changed my mind no less often than you have (probably less so).

6 is subjective.

8 is a first. I'd like more info about this.

Remember my ask for info about Seraphim, too.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Prox »

3. I haven't completed any forum games as of right now.
8. Interesting. Maybe I do this subconciously. I'll remember this when I'm scum.

I'm satisfied now. Sort of. You're all right, shotty.

vote Seraphim

Your actions after Haylen's departure seem artificial, and her actions before that don't help. For an IC, you didn't spot the VI (sorry) very easily. I want to hear about that overenthusiastic scum you played with before as well.

@G&H: readability statistics only exist to entertain
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:04 am

Post by Prox »

Switz wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok Prox here I go clean slate.
1. Gut feeling
2. It almost feels like you are pushing for a mislynch
3. You are too pushy
4. You exploit everything
5. You don't stick you what you say
6. Your attacks don't always make any sense
7. I get a scum vibe from you
8. You almost seem nervous sometimes

Ok there you go.
Prox, why does this convince you? And furthermore, why are you choosing to ignore Shotty completely? This seems like a big turnaround for you with minimal explanation. Especially since Shotty isn't doing anything different except saying what he's been saying all Day more logically and is continuing to ignore parts of your questions. Really, I don't get it.
I've realized that what shotty is doing isn't with a scum intent, unless he's pretending to be VI. This is what convinced me. I'm not really going to ignore shotty completely, but I'm not going to pay much attention to what he says and does, because they'll only confuse me.

@Seraphim: Not crazy-weak. I suppose I didn't elucidate enough. I attacked shotty at first because of his scummy actions and more so to get a read on him.

@Silverbullet: My intent at that point was also to convince shotty to rethink his opinion of me (Scumteam Prox and XXXX!!!). I don't care if he's an idiot; he's not scum and that's what counts.

I changed my mind. Sue me. I can't keep telling myself that shotty is buddying and using faillogic and accusing everyone that attacks him because he is scum with evil intentions. It wouldn't make sense. VI makes more sense than Badscum. And that is my current opinion. Sorry for not being clearer before.

Maybe I'm just overestimating the power of expirience, but from my point of view, the more expirienced and put together players, excluding Seraphim, seem to have felt the same way about shotty as I have begun recently. In fact, foilist's explanation of his opinion on shotty is what helped me reach this conclusion.

I hope this is clear enough an explanation of my turnabout.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #50) » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:23 am

Post by Prox »

Remember also that he replaced Haylen.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Prox »

Actually, foilist made a pretty good attack on Seraphim.

Anyways, here's my thoughts on the cop claim:

If the cop is not Seraphim, his best bet is to claim tomorrow after scanning. We'll have another confirmed townie most likely and a scum to lynch.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:20 am

Post by Prox »

Also,
unvote

Hinduragi wrote:Also, Shotty -
Shotty wrote:@ everyone if you are the real cop please say so.
Wtf? You have no idea how much more assured I am that you're scum playing VI or newbscum now. If they're the real cop, why the hell would they counterclaim now? They'd get NK'd after the lynch.
How does this make him more scummy?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #53) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Prox »

Also, there's the case on Haylen that Seraphim can't defend against.

As for HinduPost25, you forgot the possibility that he's cop and people are convinced to believe otherwise.

*sees G&H online*
Seraphim wrote:My reason for voting him is his sudden turnabout, changing wagons with little reasoning besides the fact that he was "satisfied" with shotty's answers. It reeks, reeks, REEKS. Scum players don't want to appear inconsistent or backtrack at all which is why Prox made the attempt to transition from shotty's wagon(even if he wasn't on it when he switched to my wagon) to my wagon. I don't think my wagon is scumdriven as I'm cautiously sure both Foilist and archaebob are town at this point. These players are generally regarded as town. So, Prox is jumping onto the wagon he believes is more solidly founded and more likely to progress forward.

This is an action I see coming from scum especially this close to deadline.
This is closeminded. Shotty's answers proved to me completely that he was VI. Also, it seems to go without saying that townies don't want to appear to backtrack or appear inconsistent either, due to their inherent goal to not be mislynched. I didn't have a vote on shotty because I saw no point to it; no one was joining in. I jumped onto the wagon that seemed most likely to end with a scum's neck on the noose.

Sorry about the multipost. I keep on thinking I'm about to leave and then don't.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #54) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Prox »

Also, wasn't Seraphim still away when I left the shotty wagon?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #55) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:19 am

Post by Prox »

Seraphim wrote:You only changed wagons because it suited you not because you believed the wagoned players were scum.
Not exactly. I changed wagons because it suited me AND I believed the wagoned players were scum.

When I changed my mind about shotty, I knew I couldn't help but look scummy. But what could I do at that point?

I have not backtracked; I have changed my mind.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #56) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Prox »

Seraphim wrote:You were backtracking and you continue to backtrack. And what exactly about his responses made you "realize" shotty was town?
Not exactly. I suppose I just haven't been clear enough.

I realized shotty was town because the things he's done make more sense if he's VI instead of badscum. How often do people pretend to be VI in their noob phase?

I changed my vote/opinions for a variety of reasons. I can't honestly say that I did it just because I decided that Haylen seemed scummy and needed more pressure.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #57) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Prox »

Seraphim wrote:
I changed my vote/opinions for a variety of reasons. I can't honestly say that I did it just because I decided that Haylen seemed scummy and needed more pressure.
WHAT ARE THESE REASONS YOU ARE DODGING THE QUESTION.
No, I am not.

I'm sure I've said so before but to make it painfully clear:

1. I was annoyed/bored with shotty
2. I found Haylen scummy and decided she needed pressure.
3. I wanted progress
4. No one seemed to care about my shotty-related posts.

There were some other things, tip of my tongue, but I can't completely remember.

Also, Caps Locks are annoying. Trying to get a person to slip just to validate your attack only causes mislynches.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #58) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 am

Post by Prox »

G&H wrote:Prox - OK. So in post #206 you unvoted drmyshottyizsik. Now you're saying that you didn't intend to vote for Haylen in the same post. But then there is your post #253 where I can't understand what's going on. In that post you made some comments on Haylen and then placed a "Finger of Suspicion" on Haylen. Later in the same post you stated "I've already read Haylen's posts today, and my opinion of her stands, though technically she's one of the scummiest people here"... and you unvoted!? But at that point you weren't voting for anyone! If we assume that you were unvoting Haylen, why did you tell me you hadn't voted for Haylen in post #206? And again, if you thought you had voted for Haylen previously, what was the point of placing a "Finger of Suspicion" on somebody you had already been voting? On the other hand, if you didn't think you were voting for Haylen, who were you unvoting in post #253?

Also, what did you mean when you said this:

"I'm surprised it didn't take longer for this to happen. However, I don't get how it took someone else to say it for it to matter"
ARGH!

Okay. Let me look, then.

Easy Q 1st: ""I'm surprised it didn't take longer for this to happen. However, I don't get how it took someone else to say it for it to matter""

I was talking about shotty.

In post 206, I think I was trying to vote for Haylen, but failed. If when asked I said otherwise, I must've been absentminded and not checked. Sorry. And then I read the whole thread thing or maybe looked at the vote count and became ambivalent and then things just went out of whack. Or something like that. I really don't understand what happened now that I look in hindsight. I usually don't FoS people I have my vote on. Please don't make me figure it out.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #59) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Prox »

@G&H: But it IS a rule to play toward your win condition. Not NKing is...bad
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #60) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Prox »

QQ I'm flailing because I'm trying to convince you guys not to lynch me!!

There's no point in me claiming, sorry. It won't help anyone if I do.

Sigh, I seriously didn't think this would happen. I knew changing my mind was risky, but this??? I must apologize for what might proceed from my recklessness...

I don't have time to read the pages that occurred since I last posted. I really hope you think very hard about it before you hammer me, because I'd hate to mislynched D1 on my first game here, and I'm not scum, and everything I've done has been for the sake of getting the town to win, even me trying not to get lynched. I'm NOT scum, I'm just someone who had wrong opinions at the start of the game and tried to correct them!!! Shotty IS just an idiot, and I should have realized this sooner. Sorry for not making this clear in a less scummy way.

If someone who isn't voting me wants to hammer me, tell me so before you do it. I'll do what I can before and to prevent that from happening.

Again, I'm really really sorry.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #61) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by Prox »

Seraphim wrote:
Switz wrote:My vote would put him at L-1, but since we have the time I won't give it. I'll just join in the asking for a claim.
Actually this would have been a hammer vote.
There's no point in me claiming, sorry. It won't help anyone if I do.
Yes, it will. Refusal to claim will get you lynched. That entire last post was a giant batch of Appeal to Emotion that doesn't convince anyone of your town-ness. Claim or die, basically.
Claim or die; claim and die: the end result is the same.

Now, I'm going to address all I can. I still hope you'll be a bit more intuitive before deciding to hammer, sorry.
Seraphim wrote:So when you unvoted Shotty, did you still think he was scummy?
Trying to get a person to slip just to validate your attack only causes mislynches.
My attack is already validated. You have already slipped. G&H is backing up my attacks and revealing your scummy play for what it really is.
n post 206, I think I was trying to vote for Haylen, but failed. If when asked I said otherwise, I must've been absentminded and not checked. Sorry. And then I read the whole thread thing or maybe looked at the vote count and became ambivalent and then things just went out of whack. Or something like that. I really don't understand what happened now that I look in hindsight. I usually don't FoS people I have my vote on. Please don't make me figure it out.
Baaaaacktraaaaaacking and trying to escape your past actions. Can we lynch this scum please?
I really can't help that last part. I DON'T know what happened. It's my fault, but it's a total accident. I can't help those, as scum or town.

When I unvoted shotty, I wasn't sure. I was still leaning toward scum, but also not.

If what I'm doing is backtracking, its half-accidental and have instinctive: I'm trying not to get lynched!

It's difficult to be consistent when your previous opinion can't be called completely pro-town. I am NOT scum. I'm just an unfortunate townsperson who couldn't be clear about his actions because he wasn't clear about them to himself. I DON'T make a list of motivations for my actions in my notes to point to when someone questions me about them. I just do what I think will have the best effect on the town.

There are some questions whose answers always seem scummy! Again, I must apologize for falling into this trap, even if its setting was not intentional. There's no way out now; if I'm not lynched tomorrow, another stupid action or word or allegation on me another day will hurt chances for the town. It might just be best to lynch me now and observe the wagon in retrospect.

I can't help changing my mind about shotty. I should have been sure that I was right from the beginning or more subtly went from one opinion to another. I didn't do the latter because I knew that was a scummy thing to do and I didn't do the former because of my stupidity. I can't help that!

I know that I'm currently right about shotty, though, and I'm not going to just let him get lynched (because its obvious that he's not going to adequately defend himself), because mislynches are anti-town. I couldn't just shut up. The pattern of my shifting opinions and votes may not please you, but they are real and with real town intentions. I never voted for someone if I didn't find them scummy and I never tried to hide my intentions or not help the town. All I've done is try to contribute and help.

I AM NOT SCUM.

Also, foilist is pro. He was right about shotty, and then me, and his opinions on Hinduragi seem to make sense, too. But I'm not going to end this post with a wagon vote, sorry. That wagon would suffer until I get lynched and the truth becomes obvious.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #62) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Prox »

Seraphim wrote:That entire last post was appeal to emotion, buddy, and doesn't change my mind AT ALL. I don't see Hinduragi-scum at the moment. You're desperate because the town has you on the ropes, scum. And your refusal to claim is very scummy at worst, anti-town at best.
Claim or die; claim and die: the end result is the same.
If you're soft-claiming vanilla town, just claim it already and be done with it. Your mysterious playacting isn't pro-town in the slightest.

Foilist13: what do you think of Prox's refusal to claim?
I don't think my claim helps anyone but the minority. You could convince me otherwise, but I disagree. Of course I'm desperate because the town has me on the ropes. Why would a townie not be? Also, I used logic in my last post. You need to look at my actions and explain my scum intent. For something to be scummy, it has to have a scum intent. I realized this and that is why I changed my mind about shotty.

@Hindu: being called noobtown feels worse than being called scum. :( what is AtE? Also, isn't it antitown to seem scummy?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #63) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Prox »

Well...I survived the day.

Hindu, you had a chance. But gj for the whole remove conversation thing.

And I didn't have to claim.

Till tomorrow, then, guys...
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #64) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Prox »

Yes! How perfect. I fit perfectly in the wastebasket. Good luck guys.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #65) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 am

Post by Prox »

xd @Mod

Oh well, Seraphim wouldn't have done much.

So we won! I was hoping that by not claiming I'd confuse the scum, especially since it was unlikely that any experienced guys were there. I hope that helped.

But it's always good for a VT to be NKed instead of someone else, right?

gg everyone!
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #66) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was right about you, in the end. Do you play like this on purpose or because its the only way you know how?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #67) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Prox »

silverbullet999 wrote:yeah... sorta lost interest once my partner offed himself lol
No, never lose interest!!! You still had a good chance of winning.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (isolation #68) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Prox »

silverbullet999 wrote:debatable...
Well, if you had thought a little harder, Seraphim would have been NKed. A little more work and Switz could have been mislynched. Especially if I were alive.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Prox »

QQ why me?
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:56 am

Post by Prox »

silverbullet999 wrote:you were proven town in my eyes from hindu..
I thought Hindu made me seem scummy ^^
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am

Post by Prox »

But come on! Stay, you're a decent player, and you can only improve.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #72) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Prox »

btw @shotty: using your meta to claim newbie only reinforces the idea that you're pretending to be an idiot.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #73) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:08 am

Post by Prox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I know, but I'm awesome and undefeated
This makes your VI-ness less likely.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #74) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Prox »

Oh that. Don't think it won't take time.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #75) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Prox »

I guess I'll do the basic part first.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #76) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Prox »

He attacked shotty.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #77) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:23 am

Post by Prox »

@Switz: lack of roleblock would be fishy

I learned a lot about scum and scumhunting in this game from archaebob and foilist. And the thing with shotty that made me realize things like OMGUS don't matter if there's no scummy intent.

Good game.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Post by Prox »

Ah, thanks. Yes, I've read that article, but it's hard to follow it. I'm working on that.
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #79) » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Prox »

You seem like someone who takes notes of the game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”