Newbie 983 ~ Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by KittyMo »

[2] Prox - (Seraphim, drmyshottyizsik)

[2] Hinduragi - (Switz, foilist13)
[0] archaebob - ()
[0] drmyshottyizsik - ()
[0] foilist13 - ()
[0] Good and Honest - ()
[0] Seraphim - ()
[0] silverbullet999 - ()
[0] Switz - ()

[5]
Not Voting
- (archaebob, Good and Honest, Hinduragi, Prox, silverbullet999)

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

FLAVORImage

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

AtE = appeal to emotion

Let me tell you the difference between anti-town and scummy. The two do not go hand-in-hand. An anti-town action is an action that hurts the town. A scummy action is an action that benefits scum. Do you see the difference? Because it exists. Not all actions by scum have a scum intent and not all actions by scum are anti-town. Scum can be very pro-town. But you need to be able to catch them when they aren't because there is a fundamental difference between the town and the scum. This difference is that scum are looking to survive and misdirect town. Scum WILL and DO slip up. The trick is to find WHERE they slip up, call them out, and get them lynched.

If you honestly believe that the argument against Hinduragi is a good one, then you should vote for him.

The only thing that a good town player should be worried about is lynching scum and getting other players to lynch scum. Town can and should defend themselves but if you're not voting someone because you're worried about looking scummy, you're playing the game wrong. Only scum worry about looking scummy. Simply stating "if I was scum, would I do THIS" is not a valid defense because scum can do town things too. I don't need to and CAN'T find scum intent in every single one of your actions because it doesn't always exist.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

It should be noted that I'm starting to look at Hinduragi in a scummy light and may change my vote tomorrow if I warrant it necessary. I am leaving Saturday and I want my vote to be of use before deadline.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Unvote:Prox

His post 394 really opened my eyes, I don't think scum would de-rail a wagon when his target was L-1
#freeShotty
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:42 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Seraphim wrote:Foilist13: what do you think of Prox's refusal to claim?
I don't think much of anything. It's not very scummy to refuse to claim since there's no real benefit to scum. There are a couple town motivations and therefore equally many scum motivations trying to look like that. I don't have an issue with him not claiming, nor do I really think he's going to be lynched.

RE: Hinduragi on Shotty vs Prox

Ok, this is my running thesis. Prox attacks Shotty. Scum Hinuragi sees an opportunity and joins the wagon.

The initial attack on shotty was obviously from Prox:
Prox wrote:1) Not sure. They were all on this little chat room I found. Really quick. Boring. I didn't like it.
2) It'd be awesome if I were scum or third party. Cop/Doc would work, too. Something interesting. But I also think I'd hate all these things because the pressure is a lot smaller when you're less important and have nothing to hide.
3) Once, I played The Really Fun Game. Then I played The Stupidest Game in Existence. The second one was better than the first. Stupid is fun.
4) I like to philosophize.
5) I'd like to rule the world. Oh well.

I think these questions are a ploy to look useful. vote drmyshottyizsik Three of the questions are not likely to help the town win at all, and could waste time. They wasted mine ^^
Hinduragi then follows it with this:
Hinduragi wrote:1.) I've played around 5-6 games.
2.) Godfather since I get to spout off random quotes from the movie. =P Tbh, I don't have a favorite role as any role that has the power to vote is fun and makes as much of an influence as I find I need.
3.) I never picked a favorite, haha.
4.) I am fascinated with helping others.
5.) Mathematics Professor. Anything requiring something below a PhD wouldn't cut it for me. Plus I'll be in a college where I can study up on whatever I find interesting.

Vote drmyshottyizsik for making me type all of this out. =P
These are clearly parroted reasons altered just enough to seem unique. Blatant bandwagoning much?

The next thing that Hinduragi does is contradict himself within one post.
Hinduragi wrote:
I'm keeping my vote simply because this is a RVS still.
No progress has really been made except discussion from a select amount of players.
I don't see any reason to change my vote either as I suspect Shotty even more than I did earlier in the game.
No offense intended, Shotty. You just showed abnormal behavior which I took note of in the beginning of the game and it gradually grew on me. Hopefully we can have the ones who haven't discussed yet come in and lend us a hand.
These are two entirely different reasons for maintaining your vote. There is no possible explanation for tripping over yourself like that other than trying to avoid attention. If you were town and were honestly wanting to maintain your vote, that reason would have been the only one on your post. If you were instead thinking about keeping your vote on said player and needing a reason to do so, then we would see a post like the one above. This is clearly contrived reasoning.

Then in your nest post, you give this bizarre summary of your position on shotty.
Hinduragi wrote:Anyways, let's be blunt and get straight to my reasons for voting Shotty. By themselves, each of my reasons would seem insignificant and trite. Together, they amass into a repeating pattern of what I am hoping would be reverse psychology.
What the hell are you talking about? Your reasons consist of

1) I don't want to write that much
2) It's the RVS, why not?
3) I'm more suspicious of you now.
Hinduragi wrote:they amass into a repeating pattern of what I am hoping would be reverse psychology.
I honestly think you watched a detective movie or something and put this in there to sound cool. This post simply screams that you're trying to look productive without actually being so.

Ok, then through post #112 you outline your "case" against shotty. Absolutely all of it reduces to him first wanting to lynch G&H for being anti-town then deciding that was a bad idea. Every nuance in your language indicates that we are absolutely to believe shotty is scum based on this. This is a terrible case. The only reason it didn't seriously get attacked is because another attack on shotty was what people wanted to hear. The town was looking hard at him, so you gave them what they wanted like a good showman.

At the end of the post, you drop this little footnote.
Hinduragi wrote:Again, no offense. Prox just wanted me to back up my vote. Hopefully this will suffice.
This falls so beautifully into what Archaebob and I voted for you in the beginning. You are trying to be nice to him and direct his attention elsewhere with this little disclaimer. You basically admitted your case was crap, yet nobody called you on it. I'm disappointed in the town for that, but better late than never.

Then, when shotty calls you on tunneling him (every single one of your posts up to that point were directed at him), instead of responding to his accusation you do some epic evading and say he has other people looking at him too and should watch out for himself. Epic scum evasion.
Hinduragi wrote:Again, this sounds like you're putting heat off yourself. I'm just going to come out and say what Shotty is trying to do. No, this is not intended to be anything against him. In fact, I'd like to give him some posts to defend himself because so far any post that, in my opinion, has content, has been about Shotty. In fact, it feels like everyone is ganging up on him ever since I posted my case. I noticed that Switz had a giant of a post. Then, after discussing, as G&H said, "drmyshottyizsik versus Prox", he had a paragraph and a half or so of other things to discuss. This leads me to believe we should have a more active discussion about other fellow players before someone even considers moving Shotty to L-1. Shotty, I think you're in the right here that we should all get to know each other a little better. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute to the actions of achieving this. Suggestions would be welcomed.
This is the single scummiest post in the game. Sorry archaebob, but that post of Haylen's doesn't even come close. He apologizes to shotty three times, discredits himself to avoid serious attack,
and
gives himself credit for uncovering shotty as scum.

Hindu is by far the scummiest player in the game right now.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... You have a good point foil thanks for this intel.
Vote:Hindu
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Aw, hell.

Unvote
Vote: Hinduragi
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Stop... Hammer time!!
#freeShotty
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Wait, did you just hammer??
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Seraphim »

No, of course not, that's L-1. I can count. If you're worried about a hammer, I can unvote in my next post.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ok, no you didn't

For the love of god nobody hammer. We need to see everyone's positions on this lynch before we carry through with it. DO NOT HAMMER
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Seraphim »

BTW, concerning my vote on Hinduragi, it's just process of elimination. I have a town read on foilist and archaebob. a shotty lynch is pretty much out of the question and Prox as well, leaving Switz, silverbullet, and Hinduragi. Switz and silverbullet have done nothing scummy so far. Hinduragi seems the most likely candidate at the moment, though those two players remaining still warrant further investigation if my town reads are correct.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Vote: Hinduragi
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Well, that was easy.

*puts on IC cap*

In the future, I wouldn't be so quick to self-hammer if I were you. You could have fakeclaimed doctor and tried to draw out a counterclaim or tried any number of other tactics to shake off the lynch. Just because you were at L-1 doesn't mean the game is over for you. Play it out for as long as you can next time.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

So, any guesses on his partner? I'm thinking Switz or silverbullet at the moment.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by foilist13 »

My guess is you.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Very doubtful. I expect I'll turn up dead tomorrow.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Well if that happens I suppose I'll have to change my guess. I'm like 99% on this one though, so I don't expect you to turn up dead.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Anyways, I just have one last thing to say: Kudos to foilist for keeping his case on me.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I suppose it all depends on if there's a doctor or not. The scum know, of course, whether or not there's a doctor by now. If there's a doctor in the game, period, I don't expect to die tonight. But I don't expect to get any results either.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Wait hindu are you claiming scum?
#freeShotty
Prox
Prox
Goon
Prox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by Prox »

Well...I survived the day.

Hindu, you had a chance. But gj for the whole remove conversation thing.

And I didn't have to claim.

Till tomorrow, then, guys...
This time, I'll not care.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Hindu hammered himself. Yeah, he's scum.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Aw, come on, Prox, it's Twilight, we can do whatever we want until Kitty shows up! Who is your top pick(s) for scum going into tomorrow?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:41 pm

I think it's silver maybe he lurks alot
#freeShotty
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Oho, here's Kitty, now we'll get our flip! *crosses fingers for roleblocker flip*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”