Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Wraith:

Post 1: randomvote
2: answered Uite’s questions
3: off-topic
4: Unvote; asks mallow about vote
5: says we’re all twitchy
6: says he hates Day 1; ask about NL
7: says he has no suspicions and that he’s not good at spotting scum
8: Says DP seems scummy, votes DP
9: says vote stands after AGar’s statistics
10: apologizes for lurking
11: answers DP’s questions, responds to Uite and I; makes short mini-analysis
12: asks if DP’s claim is hypothetical
13: says he would hammer due to flaming from DP
14: says he’s leaving his vote on DP
15: responds to silver
16: not sure about DP’s alignment, still confused if he claimed; thinks mallow is scum
17: votes mallow
18: explains belief that DP and mallow are opposite alignments
19: says he’s not concerned about dRool’s alignment
20: says he may be misreading AGar
21: Provides defense against silver’s comment
22: off-topic
23: off-topic
24: says he has “nothing useful to contribute”
25: hi to Beefster
26: off-topic
27: off-topic
28: doesn’t appreciate baseless accusations
29: frustrated defense
30: says he was annoyed, not offended
31: off-topic
32: not going to play “word games” anymore
33: EBWOP
34: iso on mallow
35: posts suspicion list
36: says he can see the obvious scum
37: says he used to be suspicious of silver
38: off-topic
39: questions DP and AGar’s logic
40: iso thingy on DP
41: says he’s frustrated with people
42: off-topic
43: responds to NS
44: responds to Uite; seems frustrating his evidence isn’t being taken seriously
45: questions NS’ logic
46: FRUSTRATION!
47: claims VT
48: says top suspects are DP and I
49: off-topic
50: questions Beefster’s and NS’ whereabouts
51: Says AGar and DP are doing weird things if they’re scum
52: says he’s confident in who he’s voting for
53: votes DP
54: answers DP’s questions; suspects are NS and I
55: explains lurking & vote on DP
56: complains about DP
57: responds to DP’s post on him, quite thoroughly
58: responds to Thor
59: states that his idea of defense is attacking his attacker
60: confused about AGar’s plan
61: says he’s seeing a lot of fence-sitting
62: includes me in the fence-sitting list
63: says top suspects are me, NS, and AGar
64: off-topic
65: WTF on DP’s VT flip. (toooooo many acronyms)
66: states top two suspects
67: explains/clarifies suspicions
68: responds to NS’ iso on him
69: says why he was tunneling
70: says he didn’t expect an in-depth analysis from me
71: confirms my answer to a question about him
72: short iso on me
73: says he’s done
74: votes me; says everyone has understandably solid cases on him

Wraith wrote: 3. I'm not giving advice to you if you're a scum player.
Uhhhh… dude, it’s a game, and pretty close to the beginning of one. Chill. This feels like false bravado; trying too hard to be a part of town. Maybe scum trying too hard, maybe newb not sure what’s acceptable, maybe some of both.

Wraith wrote: @DP: I'm not sure at this point now, since you actually seem civil now. Now that the others are putting up defending arguments for you, mallow is looking a lot more scummy than you did earlier.
This statement sends up red flags. It’s strange to me that he’s more accepting of DP after others start defending him. Perhaps he’s realizing that DP isn’t going to get lynched today after all, and he’d best follow suit?

Wraith wrote: I have nothing useful to contribute at the moment, just maintaining my vote against mallow. I think Uite and NS make sound cases against him and further justify my suspicions.

I can definitely understand this post; I just think he was perhaps a bit up-front about saying he had nothing to contribute. There are less dangerous ways of doing so. This comes across as mostly bad play.
Wraith wrote: I don't appreciate your baseless accusations. Luckily for you, mallow being scummier at the moment overtakes priority from an OMGUS vote.
Wraith wrote: @silver: Why wouldn't it? Would YOU appreciate being accused of being scum?

@Beefster: If I wasn't already voting for a scummier player I'd probably vote for DP, not only because he also seems scummy to me but also because he's accusing me of scum, probably in retaliation for voting for him earlier in the day.
Wraith wrote: I'm not offended, I'd call it annoyed. Like I said, I think he's just trying to get back at me for voting for him earlier.
Ah. Here is where all the lights and buzzers start going in my head. As to the first quote in this chunk, he openly admits he would OMGUS DP. I don’t know why anyone would OMGUS someone on purpose (outside of RVS), much less admit that it’s an OMGUS. In quote #2, he answers a question with a question, reacts very defensively, and accuses DP of an OMGUS FoS, immediately after stating his willingness to OMGUS vote him. In the last quote, he denies being offended, and repeats that he thinks DP is using OMGUS. This whole chunk is yelling scum at me.

As to his iso on mallow (http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p2313847):

Throughout this post, he never once so much as attempts to be balanced; rather, he points out the most negative things he can, up to and including ones he’s very clearly stretched. He does make good points in this iso; however, there are some definite weak spots. For example:
Wraith wrote: At Post 41, he becomes a hypocrite by accusing DP of baseless accusations while accusing DP of scumminess for "making pointless statements"
How does this make him a hypocrite, exactly?
Wraith wrote: Now, with him and quadz, we have two possibilities:

1. He and quadz are the scumteam
2. He is buddying up to quadz
These are, in fact, not the only possibilities. Even with the assumption that mallow was scum, the (accurate) possibility that it was his newb-ness combined with bad luck was totally ignored.

After this, he makes some solid points about bandwagons and mallow’s seeming urgency to lynch DP.
Wraith wrote: His logic is totally contradictory (FoSing DP while "looking elsewhere" for the lynch) and I believe he is trying to distance himself from a sinking ship (the BW against DP). His wording also set off alarms: "for my first lynch." He obviously wants one of his BWs to be the lynch.
This entire paragraph is Wraith stretching things. It’s not strange at all for someone to FoS someone and keep looking for the lynch elsewhere, especially after an explanation for removing his vote. And the “first lynch” bit is clearly him tugging at threads that aren’t there.

A few more decent points are made (considering Wraith’s understanding of “ucc-ed”.)
Wraith wrote: Here mallow seems pretty confident that DP will live if there is a roleblocker. Have he and his scumpartner already strategized for the night phase?
And here, Wraith attacks a perfectly logical conclusion by mallow. He’s continuing to force things.

There are a few more ok points at the end as well. I would like to point out his consistent use of words such as obvious, (searches through post) ok, he really likes the word obvious, I guess. I think that’s some pretty strong wording, for a point where we didn’t have ANY concrete info yet…

Wraith wrote: David, you seem to be unable to comprehend of idea of "defense." You are attacking me, therefore I am attacking you back. As you have constantly, you are claiming my scumhunting make me scum, along with every other action I take. As for your questions, you continue to fail to respond to any of my counterpoints I make and therefore I will not answer your questions.
As I’ve stated before, I find this highly suspect. Defense does not equal offense.

This is his short iso on me:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2333825

I already explained my concerns with this post, in the post immediately following it.

Wraith wrote: Well, you all have solid cases on me. But that's to be expected, because after DP I've played the scummiest game. I don't know about you all, but I'm gonna go with my gut and lynch the most blatant scum.

Vote: quadz08
This concerns me because he’s not defensive ENOUGH. I know, I know, that seems backwards; however, one would imagine a townie would fight for his life (literally) in this situation. He’s resigning himself to the gallows, which if he were a townie, would mean losing. It’s possible he’s given up, but I rather doubt it. He’s not fighting for the town.

After this 5-page iso, as well as a read-through of NS and AGar’s posts, I believe I have reached a verdict. If Wraith isn’t scum, I will be shocked. He's used questionable strategy, hypocrisy, and did some serious stretching to find "scummy" behavior. All in all, he's the scummiest of the 4 that are left.

With that in mind:

VOTE: Wraith

And now, we wait.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

wraith hammers? he's unwilling to wait? hrmmm
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:11 pm

wait... nevermind... lol
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 3.4:

Wraith (3): silverbullet999, quadz08, Nobody Special

quadz08 (1): Wraith

Not Voting (1): AGar

Wraith, Mafia Roleblocker, Lynched Day 3

It is now Night 3. Actions are due by Monday, June 28, at 9:00 PM EDT.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Jeffcole1 »

AGar, Townie, Killed Night 3

It is now Day 4. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch. Deadline is set for Monday, July 19, at 9:00 PM EDT.
Current Games:
--Munchkin Quest Tournament (Game A: Jeffcole1 vs. RedPanda vs. Ravel vs. animorpherv1 vs. Kcdaspot)
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Nobody Special »

This goes without saying (hopefully), but DON'T VOTE YET.

I seriously need to re-read. I'm not surprised AGar is dead. But it makes me wonder.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 am

AGar? well boo...

anyways Quadz I'm still leaning you for my vote... I'd be more than happy to wait for any rebuttals or last cases that you would like to place on either me or nobody however.

@Nobody

Your not surprised agar is dead... but it still makes you wonder? Explain if ya don't mind.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:56 am

Post by quadz08 »

Well, I have an iso on NS done I can post. I'll have to go back through and look at it again, though, now that AGar's been killed. Same with you, silver; I'll need to go through and re-hash my iso on you. They won't be up until later tonight at the earliest, though; I have stuff going on most all day.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:05 am

Post by AGar »

Brainssssssssss
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:10 am

Post by Wraith »

/bah

I'm astounded you all let me last that long, and almost equally astounded you let me manipulate you into lynching mallow. This will be interesting to watch. Go Scum!
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:44 am

Post by quadz08 »

I think AGar's death post wins, btw.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 pm

@Quadz, I agree

and get your iso's up! : P
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 am

Post by quadz08 »

Working on them! I think NS' is pretty much done; I'm going through yours again now, silver.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:21 am

will it be up by tonight? Also NS where are youuu
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by quadz08 »

it should be up in not too long. Sorry this is taking so long; my teacher decided to dump just unbelievable amounts of homework on me.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Here we go!

First off:

NobodySpecial:

Post 1: Welcome; answers Uite’s questions; randomvote
2: explains randomvote; says NL is bad
3: off-topc
4: answers my question
5: says we should slow down; answers DP; unvotes
6: asks DP to chill
7: responds to Uite’s apology for rushing; says he’s on the fence about DP’s claim
8: says there could be a connection between mallow and I
9: says suspects are mallow and I; asks us both for suspects; votes mallow
10: responds to mallow’s OMGUS
11: says no one has a read on AGar or dRool; says I’m making things harder than they are
12: says a scum player will have additional scumtells; votes silver
13: says keeping info to self is scummy; asks about my unvote
14: asks for reactions from silver
15: says silver’s reactions are sufficient
16: votes mallow
17: responds to mallow’s assertion that his vote was OMGUS
18: says IC comes before player, but is also playing to win
19: questions DP’s sarcastic comment on Uite
20: asks for mallow’s help
21: says AGar’s lurking is bothersome; short analysis of Wraith; votes Wraith
22: explains vote on silver; says there’s no easy way to end day; unnerved by DP believing mallow’s claim
23: responds to Wraith and DP’s posts
24: differentiates between tunneling and not sharing info
25: asks for mallow to clarify a comment (which he doesn’t manage to do)
26: comments on DP & AGar
27: points out L-1 situation
28: asks for people to wait for him to post something big
29: responds to a lot of stuff; says he’s ready to lynch DP, but is too angry to vote with a clear conscience.
30: retracts a quote from AGar
31: says he made his point with the retracted quote
32: denies a scum slip
33: responds to Thor’s concerns about the same quote, brings up another bit of evidence for the DP/AGar scumteam
34: says he can’t trust DP due to lies; votes DP
35: off-topic
36: responds to questions about silver’s last-game reference
37: asks for a pause on voting before he returns
38: suggests we not rush the Day
39: comments on silver’s suggestion
40: realizes his comment was inaccurate; says he’s suspicious of Wraith and I
41: iso on Wraith
42: explains tunneling
43: says his next iso will be on me
44: says his wall on me will up soon
45: iso on me
46: asks question of Wraith
47: off-topic
48: votes Wraith
49: says he’ll be looking primarily at me
50: asks AGar why he didn’t vote

NS wrote: On to WraithAnalysis:
Wraith Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:57 pm wrote:I don't appreciate your baseless accusations. Luckily for you, mallow being scummier at the moment overtakes priority from an OMGUS vote.

Wraith Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 pm wrote:Alright, reading over the whole topic again, my scumdar is starting to spark on mallowgeno

At 3:29 am, mallow posted this.

While mallow didn't confirm his VT claim until 2:35 pm, two people had asked for clarification as to whether that was a VT claim. Wraith was not one of those people.

Wraith Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:56 am wrote:@Beefster: I had suspicions on silver myself a while ago, thinking he could be scumteam with someone else (I think it was DP I was considering to be his partner). However, because a mallow/quadz or mallow/someone else scumteam is definitely more likely, I view silver as a very zealous scumhunter.
This analysis is rather strange to me. The first two quotes seem to be him demonstrating that Wraith is suspicious of mallow, and little more. He makes no comment about them, either. He next makes a reference to this post: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2313961

This is mallow pointing out his suspicions, and following Wraith’s advice on what to do if you’re a VT about to get lynched. NS comments on how Wraith did not ask for confirmation on mallow’s claim, which was slightly confusing. However, I do feel like NS is reaching for evidence with that complaint.

While I agree that Wraith was tunneling mallow, I don’t think NS’ analysis was terribly well done, nor did it demonstrate that tunneling very well. In fact, after looking at the location of NS’ post, I’m not really sure one can call Wraith on tunneling anyway.

NS wrote: I am a bit unnerved by DP's insistence that he believes mallow's VT claim. This could be indicative of a DP/mallow scumteam. I was completely willing to believe DP's earlier cop claim, but now, not so much. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
I’m confused as to how he can be unnerved by DP believing mallow’s claim, but say in the same breath that he was willing to believe DP’s. I understand there’s a slight difference between “believing” and being “willing to believe,” but nonetheless, it seems rather hypocritical.

NS wrote: I am not voting now, as I'm just too irritated to vote with a clear conscience.
This says town to me, but it could also be just good scum play.

NS wrote: AGar wrote:Can y'all do me a favor and make sure David lives to see at least another 24 hours, preferably more potentially?

You aren't helping.
I’m rather inclined to agree with what AGar says in the post immediately following this. NS pulled this quote heavily out of context, and didn’t even acknowledge the fact that AGar had presented a totally valid reason why he wouldn’t want DP lynched. I can see his point, but it was made with altogether too much certainty.
I wonder if that might have been an attempt to push suspicion on AGar that backfired, though I would imagine NS wouldn’t be so foolish as to use such strenuous evidence.

NS wrote: I do not think, based on what I know at this point, that I was misrepping AGar, nor do I believe I was taking him that far out of context. I desired to make a point without quoting 42GB of text; concision is, after all, pro-town, yes?
This was a few posts later, in response to Thor. While yes, conciseness is pro-town, incomplete representations of a player are not.

This quote is immediately following a suspicion list from Wraith:
NS wrote: What can we get from this?

A) Continued tunnelling on mallow (who we now know is town)
B) three town players, unknown at the time, are forecast as town (Uite, DP, NS --granted, only I *know* I'm town, but still)
C) Thor is missing. Perhaps in preparation for the upcoming kill?

As to point B: He called everybody townie except mallow (who was scum) and AGar (who was neutral). Pointing out specific players he called as townie is quite the reach.
NS wrote: Wraith wrote:@Uite: Like I've said before, after re-reading the topic DP didn't actually act scummy until recently, so
I've believed his cop claim for a while now.
However, like I said, my faith in that claim might be slipping.

Also, if we keep evidence to ourselves, two things might happen:

1. We'll get voted by NS for keeping evidence to ourselves (although he doesn't seem to care either way, hypocritically enough)
2. There is no way a majority can be shown that someone is scum. Hell, even posting evidence there doesn't seem to be a way to show people someone is scum.

WAIT A SEC. This (bolded) from the guy who repeatedly had to ask whether the claim was serious?? Backtracking, big time.
I’m confused as to how this is backtracking. Once he determined there was, in fact, a cop, why would how many times he had to ask affect whether or not he believed DP?

NS wrote: MAKE UP YOUR MIND. Either he claimed, and you believe him, or he "hypothetically" non-claimed. Or next time, at least take better notes so you remember what you've lied about.
Why do you keep pushing this? He clearly understood it was a genuine claim at some point. I wonder if this is all just you distancing yourself from your partner… and that better notes comment could easily be thinly veiled advice.

NS wrote: Even though I think that quadz reads as mostly town, I think we may see something after Wraith's flip.
NS wrote: I'll primarily be looking at quadz, but you and AGar won't be off my radar.
These posts were separated by one post by silver and one from the mod. silver’s post asked what his opinion would be if Wraith flipped scum. Why does this question suddenly change his opinion of me?

In conclusion, I can see NS as going either way. He did do a fair amount of investigating, but much of it was rather flawed. This could definitely be an example of NS trying to distance himself from his partner; however, I don’t think there would be that much of a need to distance himself from Wraith. He also had very little interaction with Wraith. The most it ever occurred was when he and AGar argued about NS’ inappropriate quoting, which could have been an attempt to push suspicion on him. It could go either way, really, but I’m rather inclined to say town on NS.

As to silver, I didn't find anything in particular to point out in addition to my previous iso. I would like to mention the fact that silver and Wraith's interactions declined around the time that Wraith started to gather suspicion. Also, he's been pretty clear that he finds me scummier than Wraith for quite a while. Perhaps this is him not wanting to get too close to his scumbuddy?

Right now, my scumdar is pointing at silver over NS. I await opinions from the two of you.
Jeffcole1
Jeffcole1
Goon
Jeffcole1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Post by Jeffcole1 »

Vote Count 4.1:

Not Voting (3): silverbullet999, quadz08, Nobody Special

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
Current Games:
--Shadow Hunters
--Haunted Mansion
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Alright well I think it's time to place the bets and go all in.

VOTE: Quadz

I'm still convinced that your scum. Also if your town, I know I'm town so your vote would go on me and Nobody would win either way (if Nobody really does end up as scum).

You and Wraith's initial actions were identical... you both acted overly defensive (and admitted to it) when you first got poked for questioning. The interactions between you and Wraith are minimum at best. I believe Agar called it, thus why you NKed him out of me and Nobody.

Also just would like to point out
Quadz wrote:I would like to mention the fact that silver and Wraith's interactions declined around the time that Wraith started to gather suspicion.
Wasn't I the one who initially suspected wraith... and caused suspicion to be placed on him?

@Nobody
The choice is yours... if your are for some reason leaning towards a vote on me... I'd ask... actually beg you to post why and let me convince you otherwise, if you'd like to hammer quadz... I would be happy.

Either way gentlemen, good game.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Well, that was awfully quick. Hoping for NS' agreement and a quicklynch?

Just because two players (in a 9-player game designed for new players) have similar reactions, doesn't mean you can assume that they're a scumteam. I suppose it was just my poor luck that the person who played similarly to me happened to be mafia. If anything, similar plays say to me that two people aren't connected, honestly; it would be foolish to show an obvious connection like that, even for a new player.

Also, to respond to your point about AGar: I think you saw that and said "Ah-ha!" If I NK Agar, I can make NS think quadz did it! Somewhat WIFOM, yes, but the possibility is definitely there.

I must say, silver, that the speed of your vote is highly, highly irresponsible and foolish. I think you are trying to play off of the prevailing sentiment that I am scum before more thought can be put into the case, and hoping that NS will jump on your bandwagon. It's a bad scum play, but a scum play nonetheless. I think you're panicking, and trying too hard to push a mislynch.

By voting so early, you've forced my hand. I'm putting all my chips in on this vote, just as you did, silver. If NS is scum, then we suck; however, at this point, I think he's the other VT. The game all comes down to NS' decision now.

VOTE: silverbullet999
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:48 am

Quadz
If anything, similar plays say to me that two people aren't connected, honestly; it would be foolish to show an obvious connection like that, even for a new player.
So I should ignore the fact that you and wraith really never interacted with eachother?
Also, to respond to your point about AGar: I think you saw that and said "Ah-ha!" If I NK Agar, I can make NS think quadz did it! Somewhat WIFOM, yes, but the possibility is definitely there.
Ummm your saying I would NK the guy who called you and wraith a scumteam... who would probably have been willing to lynch you off the get go... do you see something wrong with this?
I must say, silver, that the speed of your vote is highly, highly irresponsible and foolish. I think you are trying to play off of the prevailing sentiment that I am scum before more thought can be put into the case, and hoping that NS will jump on your bandwagon. It's a bad scum play, but a scum play nonetheless. I think you're panicking, and trying too hard to push a mislynch.
I disagree, wholeheartidly bud. I waited for your iso as to which side you would play, I know I'm town, and unless your case pushed for a nobody lynch (with some great evidence to back it) I was dead set on lynching you. Your iso has you leaning me more than nobody (which i figured it would) thus I can confidently put my vote on scum.

Nice try for a retort but really that wifom just cracked me up.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:42 am

Post by quadz08 »

silverbullet999 wrote:Quadz
If anything, similar plays say to me that two people aren't connected, honestly; it would be foolish to show an obvious connection like that, even for a new player.
So I should ignore the fact that you and wraith really never interacted with eachother?
A) What does that have to do with what I said?
B) No, but again, 9-person game. 2 people. I don't think a lack of interaction with one specific player implies a connection.
silverbullet999 wrote:
Ummm your saying I would NK the guy who called you and wraith a scumteam... who would probably have been willing to lynch you off the get go... do you see something wrong with this?
I do, actually. I don't think AGar (or NS, for that matter) is foolish enough to attempt to lynch ANYONE right at the get-go. I think you have underestimated the intelligence of your competition.
silverbullet999 wrote:
I disagree, wholeheartidly bud. I waited for your iso as to which side you would play, I know I'm town, and unless your case pushed for a nobody lynch (with some great evidence to back it) I was dead set on lynching you. Your iso has you leaning me more than nobody (which i figured it would) thus I can confidently put my vote on scum.

Nice try for a retort but really that wifom just cracked me up.
That's the thing: YOU say that you're town. No one else knows that. Your reasoning assumes that NS knows that you're a townie, which is a foolish gambit for anyone to make, and especially scum. I think one of two things occurred here: A) you couldn't think of better reasoning for your vote, or B) you're trying to push the idea that you're town. A psychological ploy, if you will. By insinuating and saying that you're town, the idea will become lodged more and more firmly in his head. Not a bad idea, except you weren't subtle enough. It was rather obvious to me, actually.

Speaking of NS, though:

@Mod: Is there a prod on NS? It's been just about 48 hours since his last post, I believe.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 am

wow quadz... yeah just keep diggin...
A) What does that have to do with what I said?
B) No, but again, 9-person game. 2 people. I don't think a lack of interaction with one specific player implies a connection.
A.You both acted overly defense when first poked, you both have been on all wagons that were lynched, most of this occurred on the first day... you are a noob and made a newb scum mistake it was a foolish mistake... but your defense is getting even more ridiculous
B) I disagree again, you only poked and mentioned opinion of wraith when asked to. We have had more than enough time for you to have poked around yourself.. you didn't because he's your partner. If this was a large game, I would say that pherhaps this is null.. but no not in a small game like this.
I do, actually. I don't think AGar (or NS, for that matter) is foolish enough to attempt to lynch ANYONE right at the get-go. I think you have underestimated the intelligence of your competition.
Your cracking me up... are you kidding me... I'm not saying that AGar would have thrown his vote on you at the beginning of the day but i can guarendamntee that his vote would have been on you already by now... as for your repeated suggestions that i'm rushing everything, you already stated your opinion, I stated mine and threw the vote, your omgusing and reaching now to try to win. I knew it would come to this as you think you can convince NS, as you had a small to no chance on convincing me.
That's the thing: YOU say that you're town. No one else knows that. Your reasoning assumes that NS knows that you're a townie, which is a foolish gambit for anyone to make, and especially scum. I think one of two things occurred here: A) you couldn't think of better reasoning for your vote, or B) you're trying to push the idea that you're town. A psychological ploy, if you will. By insinuating and saying that you're town, the idea will become lodged more and more firmly in his head. Not a bad idea, except you weren't subtle enough. It was rather obvious to me, actually.
Someone needs to learn to read apparently. A few things to note
Never did I say NS knows I'm town... I know he's town... or at least strongly read him as town, thus since I am town.. and I believe him to be town... you must be scum. It cracks me up how your so obviously bothered by my vote on you... how the hell is it a foolish gambit to place a vote on someone you strongly believe to be scum. I have been gunning for you on and off the whole game... how are you even surprised?
B. So me mentioning that I'm town... once... is a psychological tactic... wow... that since i'm obviously mentioning i'm town... it's an obvious ploy... wow

Quadz i'll give you this.. never have i seen scum like you try so desperately to win and never have i laughed so hard.

NS get the hell back here to post your thoughts at the least damn it.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I hate being in this position.

That said, I do have to take the cat to the vet this afternoon (it's throwing up something awful).

I need to re-read this. All of it. I'll say this: I'm leaning toward quadz as scum.

I'm not going to drag this out too far. I promise to have a vote no later than Thursday night.

Watch for questions.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:35 am

Drag it out as much as you feel comfy with nobody.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 am

EBWOP
(Your non hammer proves your town which makes me whimper with joy)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”