Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Fri May 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
@everyone

What is your policy on lynch all lurkers? (agree, disagree...)
Do you prefer playing as town, mafia, or power roles?
Why did you choose the username you have :)
1. Lynch active lurkers all the time. Not only are they deliberately not contributing, but they're also taking down the game's activity levels and making it hard to read them in the future. IRL-problems lurkers should be constantly pressured (i.e., ask them a lot of questions) and prodded, possibly lynched if no particularly scummy targets present themselves (e.g. on day 1 or even day 2).
2. I generally like being scum more than town. I don't really care if I'm VT or a power role as Town, though I'm almost always VT.
3. Username is from a name generator.
MOST INTERESTING USERNAME ORIGIN STORY YET.

Vote: smashbro_of_the_SSS
for voting for someone who cast the first second vote on someone.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Sat May 29, 2010 10:24 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Crazy, you might (:P) be taking the whole weasel words thing too far. Though it's an interesting (ahahaha) point.

Flip side of the coin is that now scum won't use weasel words because they know it looks scummy to you. I guess if no one uses weasel words then it will force people to take stances, which is always good.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Sun May 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Johnny Rotten wrote:Well said Dizzy
What a useless, buddying post. It looks like it's designed just to make Dizzy like him.

Vote: Johnny Rotten

Crazy is wrong though, as noting odd things is a good idea for people who reread. Who knows what 2 or 3 Days of information can contextualize.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Sun May 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Okay.
Unvote
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (isolation #4) » Mon May 31, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Done right, voting for reactions can be a good tool for scumhunting.

But Johnny Rotten didn't do it right, since he didn't keep his vote there long enough.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Migwelloni wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:Again, who is talking about semantics?

For someone who is trying to condemn me for trying to draw out scum, you are doing a bang up job of twisting my words around.
You are too concerned with setting traps than actually provoking real discussion.
The thing with traps is that if you set them correctly you can make town players fall into them. All you have to do is convince a few other town players to pile on board and you'll have insta-lynched a town player.
Don't use traps, instead you should foster real discussions.
Maybe I should move my vote over to you.
So, we're talking about traps set to catch scum, right? But Mig is saying that traps that catch town are correct.

Vote: Migwelloni
. Sounds like he's thinking like scum.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Hello? Anyone there?

Everyone
: Who are/is your current suspect(s)?

Migwelloni: Aren't you going to defend yourself?

Albatross: Would you be willing to see Migwelloni lynched right here, right now? Or do you want the day to last longer?

MehPlusRawr: What is your opinion of Migwelloni? Why are you voting for jmj3000 still?

Crazy: Your vote on Migwelloni is a random vote. Are you going to unvote?

DizzyIzzyB13: Do you plan on talking to someone
other
than Crazy?

jmj3000: You said you'd be back on Thursday (yesterday). Where the hell are you?

Johnny Rotten: If Migwelloni ceased to exist, who would you suspect?

Mod: What happened to prodding people after 48 hours?

Just some questions to hopefully spark discussion.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Reread the game, noticed a couple things.
Albatross wrote:Hi.

Crazy is my first town read.
Question: Why would you announce this?
Crazy wrote:@Migwelloni

(Assume the Millers knew they were Millers, as I thought at first. Also assume I'm scum.)

If a cop investigated me and got "guilty,' then I'd claim miller.
If I claimed miller on Day 1, then the cop would never investigate me.

Your assertion is that I brought up the plan so I could claim Miller? I could just as easily claim miller after a cop got a guilty on me; that really wouldn't change anything. I'm not grasping your logic right now. If you don't explain well enough, I plan to vote for you.
The last sentence bothers me. Crazy is planning to vote for Migwelloni if he provides a bad explanation, or no explanation. My problem is that he's telling Migwelloni how to not be voted for by Crazy. Another thing, which I've mentioned before: now that Crazy has made such a big deal of weasel words being scummy in this game, how reliable of a scum tell is it? So far Crazy has been telling scum how to avoid his suspect list.

I don't know if that's scummy, but it is anti-Town.

@Albatross: Suspects? Migwelloni, lightly. Right now I would not be able to point at someone and call them probably scum though.

By the way, I think what Migwelloni was getting at was that Johnny Rotten set a "trap" (as Migwelloni calls it) to see if he got any scummy reactions to his vote on Crazy.

Obviously Migwelloni is not very good at explaining this though.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Albatross wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
Albatross wrote: Tell you what, I will be ready to lynch Migwelloni after Dizzy posts 4 more times.
Would you care to elaborate on this oddly specific condition?
Nope. :V
Why not? DizzyIzzy, why aren't you the one asking the previous question?
Albatross wrote:
Aldus wrote:
Albatross wrote:Hi.

Crazy is my first town read.
Question: Why would you announce this?
I was looking for this:
Crazy wrote:Thank you. I love to buddy up to other people when I'm scum; however, when I am town, I am immune to the charms of other people.

If you believe I am pro-town, then you must have read the thread. Did you find anything scummy, mildly scummy, or perhaps "odd?"
Why were you looking for that? What did it tell you, specifically?
jmj3000 wrote:Crazy: His asking in his first post about everyone's thoughts on a miller claim seems off. It reads to me as more "Hey scum here is the play to make" than "Hey town, here is the optimal play". Also, his "weasel words" argument sounds like he is setting up a policy he can fall back on, and also trying to paint someone as scum.
Elaborate, using quotes and highlighting statements that make you think this.
jmj3000 wrote:
Ok, I understand if you find my questioning scummy. That is one topic in itself. But if you find me tied for the third scummiest, behind Crazy and Migwelloni/Shadow Dancer, then why vote me and not them? It doesn't seem to follow.
The reason I voted you and not Crazy or Shadow Dancer is because lately my top scum reads have been off. Therefore, I didn't use them to influence my decision on who to vote. I stated those reads just so they were out there and to get conversation going, but the vote is where I want it. I don't like how SV just went and followed along and voted without any explanation.
FoS: SV
Are you joking? You think you're wrong about your top suspects (which implies that they are, in fact, not your top suspects) and are FoSing someone for agreeing with you.

You need to rethink how you play Mafia.

Mod: Prod dRool89
Excedrin wrote:Day 1 Deadline reminder 3 days.
Mod: Can we have a deadline extension?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Still catching up (reading your big post now, SD). SD, are you scum? No need to lie about it now.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #10) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:28 am

Post by Alduskkel »

*bangs head on a wall*

Right. 6-3, no power roles. I think our win percentage has been shot to death, considering 10-2 is balanced.

But, well, one must go on.

Anyway, this is what I would have posted if McGriddle hadn't hammered the second he came in. All quotes not sourced are Shadow Dancer's. Think of it primarily as a response to his big post, with some responses to other people tacked at the end. Obviously all questions to SD will not be answered, but they're there anyway.
---
Ald24: Please define what is an "active lurker" for you and how you identify him/her.
Active lurking is deliberately refusing to post content.

They're easily identifiable if they're posting normally in other games. Also, if they never say anything about real life problems then it's time to really crack down on them.
Crazy31: OK, slightly scummy for overstretching now. dRool made clear he'd have an eye on SV, that's also a stance. That you try to pressure people into one corner or the other for next to no reasons is odd.
Even if you think Crazy is wrong... how is that scummy? Also, pressuring people (even if it seems random) can be useful for getting reactions.
Crazy33
Crazy did not write post 33.
DIB47: Nice analysis from a game play point of view.
There are a lot of these little notes saying that you liked someone's post, or that you didn't like it (e.g. your notes on Mig52 and Mig53). What is the point of these? It's just fluff which makes your already long post that much longer.
Crazy59: Why do you ask yourself "How could I have avoided almost screwing up as scum?" instead of "How can I successfully catch scum?" You are argumenting from a scummy point of view. That suggests you are in a scum mindset right now, hence scum. I'd consider a vig on you if we had one...
Crazy is just saying that in his experience as scum, using words like "odd" or "interesting" was something he did a lot (and almost got caught for). Therefore, he considers it a scum tell.
SV61: If I'd not know you from greek mythology I'd consider empty nonsense like this suspicious, it's definitely anti-town.
This implies that you have a meta read on SV saying that his "empty" posts aren't scummy for him. Why then do you feel the need to continue noting them afterward? (e.g. your note on his post 73)
JR65: So you better leave the waggon because you could not produce a quick dirty result? Looks more like a framing attemt than serious scum hunting now...
I fail to see how it's a framing attempt.
Ald69: Wow, what a weakvote. Not every time a player agrees on some one else's statements it is authomatically buddying. I don't see go around and pat every one on the back, I take his post as genuine approval.
Oh shit, weak vote on page 3. End of the fucking world here. Anyway, I really dislike it when people just agree with other people without adding anything to discussion.
Ald72: And you obviously realized that yourself...
Don't know what you mean here. If it was such a weak vote, you should be happy that I removed it.
Crazy76: If you complain that heavily about other player's choices of words don't you think you should be more concise in your own expressions?
Because Crazy is a perfect guy and could never make a mistake in his choice of words.
Mig89: His first post I can somewhat like after all, although I guess mostly because of his lack of content.
You like a post because of the lack of content? Somehow I don't think that's what you intended here. Also, this isn't Mig's first post... what are you trying to say here?
Ald94: Another weakvote. You tretch mig's argument far enough to convert into its contrary here.
I don't know what you mean, but obviously you didn't even bother to say what was wrong with my vote, i.e., how was what Mig said not a scumslip (disregarding the fact that he was Town)?
Alb100: So one easy target is found - with three scum in the game. Now you can lean back and relaxe... Scummy
And I'm sure everyone else on your wagon must be scum too. :roll:
ald101: Many questions, no answers... Your question to meh is particularly strange. You almost assume meh would have no choice but to vote mig...
No one was asking me questions. And I did NOT assume that MehPusRawr would have to vote Migwelloni. On the contrary, I was just asking for his opinion on an important subject (Migwelloni) and asked why he was still random voting.
alb103: More openly confessed desire for quick blood - reasons can come later... Dafinitely in my scummy list now.
Sounded like the opposite to me -- Albatross specifically said he didn't want the day to end now. And what do you mean by "reasons can come later"?
alb105: So you basically would know nothing at all either way - great reason to scream for blood. SCUMMY
How is it a "great reason to scream for blood"?
alb106: And after all that deep insight into your reads (yeah, sacasm, alright), you hand the cup to some one else...
Interesting point here, I deliberately failed to answer my own question to everyone (who do you think is scum?) to see who would ask it instead.

Anyway, you're trying to make Albatross asking me who's scum into a scum tell.
DIB131: I don't wanna sound like Crazy, But "interesting" sounds really really vague here.
Why don't you want to sound like Crazy?
I would support waggons on the following players: Carzy, Alb, SV and possibly smash and JR.
Interesting that SV is on there, yet according to you all his behavior correlates with a Town meta. I take it you want a policy lynch of him?
Not opposed to an SV lynch, by the way. I have no idea if he is scum, but he definitely has a far lead on top of my list of most expendable players right now.
I'll take that as a yes.
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I'm of the opinion that Shadow Dancer seems town, and I'm finding his case against Albatross to be the most convincing made so far.
Why?
Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay. Not really at all liking SDs stances on several things.
Such as his opinion of you? But really, what stances don't you like?
@Alb&Meh: Only jerks go by some stupid "book of secret tells"... If you really thing you make any sense with that then this town doesn't stand a chance.
Yes, the wiki's list of scum tells is completely useless. News flash: those are on there for a reason.
Albatross wrote:No, the point is that "scream for blood" isn't Hyperbolie, it is the opposite of what I actually said.
Ah, really sorry. Now I see your point. I really overlooked the word "hesitate" in you sentence. I take it back immediatelly. :\
What about everything else about Albatross that you thought was scummy?
/unvote./vote SV
What about your suspicions of Crazy?
McGriddle wrote:Hey guys, I have been watching the game for a little while so I kinda know what's going on. Shadow Dancer looks terribly scummy, especially in 169 ^ he was very aggressive for someone at L-1 but also seemed to apologize too much. I also don't like his secretive nature. He claimed VT so I have no problem Vote:Shadow Dancer

Goodnight sweet prince
Weak. Have you even read the game? 7 pages is easily covered, especially with the only big post being Shadow Dancer's. Right now you just look like scum who want to get a townie lynch over with.
---
Now I am not usually one for NK speculation, but I have to wonder why Crazy was killed. Obviously he was a Cop, but did scum just get lucky or were they finding Cop tells on him?

Or perhaps they simply tracked him on Night 0. It may be worth it to find out who he investigated. Chances are he did not get a guilty; if he did, he would have reported it because then our odds of lynching scum (assuming we believed Crazy) would have shot up to 3 in 5. Therefore, he investigated a vanilla townie or the godfather.
---
Now all that didn't really say a lot about who I suspected. Some suspicions were in the response to SD but I know that's not enough to make a serious vote on anyone. With the game still pretty short, I'll be rereading later, and with 3 town flips that should be enough for some additional insight.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #11) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm surprised that SV doesn't have more to say about SD's big post.

Obviously I forgot about this game; sorry. I'm going to try to reread today.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

MehPlusRawr wrote:Hi guys, forgot about this game after the downtime. *bookmark*
2 days ago...
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:Yeah, same here. I got a message in spanish, I assume its a prod post. I'll read over this on Sunday probably, since I'm busy tomorrow, and have things to do tonight.
Sunday is over...
Albatross wrote:Blah. Will post tomorrow.
2 days ago as well...
Johnny Rotten wrote:Well, seems like this game hit the shits real fucking fast. :cry:
No excuses but still free of content...
Alduskkel wrote:I'm going to try to reread today.
Didn't reread today...
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:Update: Still stuck with hideous migraine inducing skin, so I can't catch up.
Has really weak eyes that can't stand shades of blue...
Alduskkel wrote:...
Uses ellipses too much in this post...

All around a fail. Not to mention that half of this Day has already been squandered.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Alduskkel wrote:
DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:I'm of the opinion that Shadow Dancer seems town, and I'm finding his case against Albatross to be the most convincing made so far.
Why?
You never answered this, Dizzy.

Also I apparently promised to reread on Day 1 too, but that didn't happen because Moving Day happened. Still pretty lame of me.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

At this point I'm just dragging the game down :(

Requesting replacement

Return to “Completed Open Games”