AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:48 am

Post by AGar »

/Confirm

@Vivi57 - do you play Mafia anywhere else?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 am

Post by AGar »

I'm here.

Vote: Vivi57

Because you ignored my question and if you're the same Vivi57 I play with on TL, consider this a meta vote :P

Re: Jack's claim - interesting. Not a single person has brought up the possibility of him being mafia, which disturbs me a bit.

Hi Cruelty!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Post by AGar »

Luckily for you all, half of my games just hit the night phase, so I've got plenty of time to do a thorough read-through of what I've yet to digest.

If you care to know, I spent Friday afternoon to Saturday night in Boston on a Student Government retreat, and spent Sunday getting settled back down in my apartment which I never really settled into when I moved back to school. Fun times.

Post is going to be a stream-of-consciousness and a lot of different things. Ask me if I need to clarify anything anywhere.

Jack's role-setup guess is bullshit, and should be taken as such.

SIR CYANIDE and Jack, cut the personal insults bullshit.

SIR CYANIDE, you're wrong. Confirmed townies are terrible for scum, and if they don't have a roleblocker, even worse. They limit the lynch pool and force them to pick their NK between a confirmed townie who they can't get lynched or a cop who could investigate them and could be drawing the protection of a roleblocker.

If there are 10 people tomorrow (assuming one kill party, no successful prots and a lynch today), the cop has a 20% or 30% shot at giving us a guaranteed scum. And our odds are either 20% or 30% of hitting scum in a completely random lynch. If a cop investigates an innocent, our chances jump 25% or 38%. That's a big jump.

This scenario doesn't consider that we have a falseclaim (which then the scum have to give us confirmed townies in order to continue their living pretty much).
Zang wrote:I'm not voting because I have 3 suspects, I want to narrow it down farther before I vote, only 2 of my 3 suspects can be scum if that. I want to have more solid information before I vote.
Speculation like this is bad.

What I will go out and say is mini's generally have 2 or 3 scum, depending on the roles and such. So it is safe to assume that. Other than that, it is not safe to assume any roles' presence or absence in a closed setup.

Also, this post shows a fear of committing, which is generally an indicator of scum.
StrangerCoug wrote:Why are we still going on about Jack being a possible cop? You know that you're painting an NK target on him, right?
If he's a VT, that's great. And why should we ignore it, to be quite frank? I mean, ffs, it's a claim. This ISN'T something that should be ignored.

@Mod: Please prod/replace Vivi57, and can we get more frequent VCs? Either the top of every page or every 24 hours would be nice.

My current thought is one scum is caught between Coug and/or Buttonman - both of them want to keep discussion regarding the claim silent. I understand people dislike rolefishing. I personally don't care, but I also like mountainous setups, and rolefishing can actually hurt scum if you have solid pro-town VTs, you then manipulate their kill pattern, so it can be fun.

Anyways. I'm gonna go with TheButtonmen. He has had very limited posting in which he hasn't provided much content, jumped to a terrible conclusion about something (we aren't the only site in the world that plays Mafia) and is trying to squelch what I feel should be well-embraced discussion.

Vote: TheButtonmen

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:48 am

Post by AGar »

TheButtonmen wrote:@Agar :Golf Clap:, Next time with your free time I would recommend reading the thread before making a catch up post. There was no claim and yes rolefishing is bad for town.
Since when wasn't asking people who wanted to be investigated a soft claim. Sure, he didn't come out and say "Hey motherfuckers, I'm the cop" but it's still a soft claim nonetheless. It should be discussed.

And I'm not going to even bother addressing your narrow-mindedness. So whatever.

@SIR CYANIDE - Jack called you "SIR ASPERGERS" and some other shit was slung.

And you do realize if the doc (assuming we have one) is forced to pick between the cop and townie, then the scum also have to guess around to try and figure out what the potential protection is.

@Mod: Thanks for the VC and prod :D

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by AGar »

Vivi57 wrote:Oh wow, I completely forgot about this game. I only was reminded by an email that told me I had a new pm here.
Why are you dodging my question?
AGar wrote:@Vivi57 - do you play Mafia anywhere else?

PaltryExcuse wrote:@AGar: Why do you feel TheButtonMen has stifled conversation?
Posts like these:
TheButtonmen wrote:Can we stop trying to figure out who the cop is?
TheButtonmen wrote:
The Quintastic One

Let's not discuss sanities and try to get people to speculate on roles quite yet eh?
There's a few others that read as if he's trying to push people along and stifle people from talking, but that's just my personal opinion.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 am

Post by AGar »

I feel as if we're just wasting time with this shit between TQO, SIR C and TheButtonmen. It almost feels as if all three of them are scum and just using this to distract the town.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by AGar »

Case?

Stifling conversation (I've outlined this)

Trying to distract town with infighting (I've mentioned this)

General posting of "fluff" and BS crap rather than proactive posting. You're last post is a wonderful example - I've yet to see you bring anything to the table not relating to TQO.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by AGar »

Zang wrote:Ok, I am really confused, first can you explain why I am looking bad?
Can you read the thread?

You earn a FoS because I'm much more confident in the TB read, but vote-hopping and weak cases followed by skimming/blatant not reading is a tinge scummy and something to keep an eye on.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 am

Post by AGar »

TBM wagon needs more support.

Let's roll guys.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:01 am

Post by AGar »

cruelty wrote:- AGar needs to post more. He's made 9 posts, and only one could really be considered meaningful. Little concerning, he's capable as mafia.
I assure you, most of my posts are meaningful. I truly want the wagon on TBM to get rolling, as I am fairly confident that he is scum. I laid out a case, and have discussed some other things.
cruelty wrote:
@everyone
: What do you think is the single most important event/debate/altercation to have taken place so far in the game?
Jack's cop soft-claim.

It laid out the foundation for everything that followed, imo.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Post by AGar »

Cruelty - do you have links to completed games off chance? I'm curious about something (you obv don't need to link the NG we were in).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:34 pm

Post by AGar »

I'm supportive of either TBM, CA or Zang wagons.

TBM for my reasons stated.

I just iso'd CA. He has very little posting, and what he does post contradicts itself and goes over itself a few times.

Zang for vote-hopping very easily, lack of committing and not properly reading the thread.

TBM is my #1 choice, but with the town seeming split, I'm flexible.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am

Post by AGar »

Vivi57 wrote:wow tqo. That long post gives a huge insight to your thinking and shows that you weren't just randomly voting. Every decision had a good reason behind it.

unvote

I'd like to see the same from zang. Zang switched votes a ton early on and still hasn't given great reasons for it. He needs to make a post similar to tqo's to get himself off my suspect list.

vote: zang
I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by AGar »

StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.
ISO2 - RVS. Votes Zang "for posting above me"
ISO3 - Returns, claiming forgot game, feels outclassed. Votes SIR CYANIDE for "arguing all the time."
ISO4 - Responds to a few questions leveled at her. Questions the votes on TBM.
ISO5 - Comes back, says Zang and TQO have attacked half the town. Votes TQO for being more aggressive than Zang. Basically echoes things others have said.
ISO6 - Responds to TQO saying he had "well thought out" motivations for every move. Unvotes. Votes Zang asking for the same thing.

/PBPA.

Tell me now, do you really think that 14 pages and 12 days into a game, 6 posts, none of which provide original thought or content and all of which follow the general smooth curve of the game is being helpful? Or am I justified in saying she's been useless thus far?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am

Post by AGar »

StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.
ISO2 - RVS. Votes Zang "for posting above me"
ISO3 - Returns, claiming forgot game, feels outclassed. Votes SIR CYANIDE for "arguing all the time."
ISO4 - Responds to a few questions leveled at her. Questions the votes on TBM.
ISO5 - Comes back, says Zang and TQO have attacked half the town. Votes TQO for being more aggressive than Zang. Basically echoes things others have said.
ISO6 - Responds to TQO saying he had "well thought out" motivations for every move. Unvotes. Votes Zang asking for the same thing.

/PBPA.

Tell me now, do you really think that 14 pages and 12 days into a game, 6 posts, none of which provide original thought or content and all of which follow the general smooth curve of the game is being helpful? Or am I justified in saying she's been useless thus far?
You're justified. I've gotten a bit paranoid about policy lynching, so I was probing you for information. That doesn't look like you policy lynching.
Negatory. I don't really feel LALurkers is effective. One policy lynch I won't get behind.

Just she has NOT provided anything except follow-the-leader-esque posting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by AGar »

Vivi57 wrote:The votes for TBM are getting ridiculous.

All of tbm's posts are really consistent and he keeps the same idea in mind. The original idea to lynch him was based on how he didn't want role discussion to protect the real cop. This is a perfectly legitimate goal and I don't know why people were pushing so hard for his lynch based off this.

From there, the people who wanted him lynched initially just latched onto the idea that because he kept pushing for tqo to be lynched, tbm was insta mafia and should be lynched. tbm trying to pursue a goal that he thinks will help us win the game doesn't make him mafia, it just means he honestly thinks tqo is mafia and that a tqo lynch will make us one step closer to winning.
Crank up that STIHL, baby.

Are ISOs not working for anyone else on the site?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by AGar »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@AGar:
Chainsaw refrence? Also in-game ISO's work, you can't profile ISO though.
Indeed it was.

And I want to be able to ISO someone's posts in a thread, not working for me.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by AGar »

I'll catch up on this tomorrow night. Kinda busy atm.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 am

Post by AGar »

StrangerCoug wrote:Why do I want to pull my hair out of my head?
Because this was possibly one of the most awful D1s ever?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:25 am

Post by AGar »

PaltryExcuse wrote:
Wickedest-mod wrote:
PaltryExcuse,
Watcher
, killed night 1.
Crap. There goes my strongest pro-town read...
This made me lol.

@Cruelty: Why do you avoid Zang?

@TQO: Are you boneheaded? Offering yourself up for an intentional mislynch gives us NO information. I almost feel like you're just going to push this to get us believing "too scummy" fallacy.

@Zang: Why are you trying to justify your actions with bad, scummy reasoning?

Vote: Cruelty

For a different reason than I asked him about.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”