TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:17 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

Except I've been commenting on other people as well, but question for the people who don't want to vote TQO because hes obvnewb, how long will that free pass last?

@Fat_Tony:
Thanks for replacing in!
TheButtonmen wrote:
Zang wrote:sorry, didn't see that part of the post but here is my explaination-

1. It was a fos not a vote
2. it wasn't me believing him, it was Me agreeing with him
3. I disagreed with him on one thing but I agreed with him on something else.
4. If you are refering to my post 213, I said that his logic makes sence (to me anyway) but I didn't believe him, I even said that it might be a scum trick.
Huh, your going out of your way to be push and similtaniously distance yourself from the wagon, yet the only reason for that would be already knowing the outcome.
PaltryExcuse wrote:@ButtonMan: I'm with Zang on this one. What you're trying to say isn't exactly clear.
What I meant is Zang goes out of his way to avoid saying anything definitive, he is continually trying to support wagons while trying to appear to not be pushing them. Avoiding commitment and not wanting to be on wagons is scummy as only scum knows how people will flip day 1.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
Vivi57
Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Vivi57 »

wow tqo. That long post gives a huge insight to your thinking and shows that you weren't just randomly voting. Every decision had a good reason behind it.

unvote

I'd like to see the same from zang. Zang switched votes a ton early on and still hasn't given great reasons for it. He needs to make a post similar to tqo's to get himself off my suspect list.

vote: zang
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:33 am

Post by AGar »

Vivi57 wrote:wow tqo. That long post gives a huge insight to your thinking and shows that you weren't just randomly voting. Every decision had a good reason behind it.

unvote

I'd like to see the same from zang. Zang switched votes a ton early on and still hasn't given great reasons for it. He needs to make a post similar to tqo's to get himself off my suspect list.

I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Jack »

AGar wrote:
Vivi57 wrote:wow tqo. That long post gives a huge insight to your thinking and shows that you weren't just randomly voting. Every decision had a good reason behind it.

unvote

I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
If the buttonman turns up scum I'd put money on her being scum too. She's popping in just to throw poor votes on whoever is most likely to be lynched after tbm. Which is actually somewhat typical new mafia play.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Zang »

Mod-I will be V/LA for a couple of days
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

AGar wrote:I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
How is Vivi57 useless?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by AGar »

StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:I forgot to mention I'd support a Vivi57 wagon. Because she's useless.
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.
ISO2 - RVS. Votes Zang "for posting above me"
ISO3 - Returns, claiming forgot game, feels outclassed. Votes SIR CYANIDE for "arguing all the time."
ISO4 - Responds to a few questions leveled at her. Questions the votes on TBM.
ISO5 - Comes back, says Zang and TQO have attacked half the town. Votes TQO for being more aggressive than Zang. Basically echoes things others have said.
ISO6 - Responds to TQO saying he had "well thought out" motivations for every move. Unvotes. Votes Zang asking for the same thing.

/PBPA.

Tell me now, do you really think that 14 pages and 12 days into a game, 6 posts, none of which provide original thought or content and all of which follow the general smooth curve of the game is being helpful? Or am I justified in saying she's been useless thus far?
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Hi, I'm Fat Tony, and I'll be your replacement today. We will be backreading at a speed of 10 pages per however long it takes me to get to an actual computer, rather than my iPhone. In the meantime, sit tight, and please, try not to kill each other? At least until I've made popcorn.

Once again, I'd like to thank you for flying Mafiair.
Fatter, but still not Tony...

Record as town: 2-4 (33%)
Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

AGar wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.
ISO3 - Returns, claiming forgot game, feels outclassed. Votes SIR CYANIDE for "arguing all the time."
ISO5 - Comes back, says Zang and TQO have attacked half the town. Votes TQO for being more aggressive than Zang. Basically echoes things others have said.
ISO6 - Responds to TQO saying he had "well thought out" motivations for every move. Unvotes. Votes Zang asking for the same thing.

/PBPA.

Tell me now, do you really think that 14 pages and 12 days into a game, 6 posts, none of which provide original thought or content and all of which follow the general smooth curve of the game is being helpful? Or am I justified in saying she's been useless thus far?
You're justified. I've gotten a bit paranoid about policy lynching, so I was probing you for information. That doesn't look like you policy lynching.

SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:52 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.

/PBPA.

You're justified. I've gotten a bit paranoid about policy lynching, so I was probing you for information.
That doesn't look like you policy lynching.
Then what does it look like?

@fat tony; nice entrance :D
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 10:

TheButtonmen - (4) - AGar, The Quintastic One, Jack, Zhero
Zang - (3) - Fat_Tony, PaltryExcuse, Vivi57
The Quintastic One – (1) – TheButtonmen
Sir Cyanide - (1) - StrangerCoug

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: February 11th
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am

Post by AGar »

StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.

/PBPA.

You're justified. I've gotten a bit paranoid about policy lynching, so I was probing you for information. That doesn't look like you policy lynching.
Negatory. I don't really feel LALurkers is effective. One policy lynch I won't get behind.

Just she has NOT provided anything except follow-the-leader-esque posting.

Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

Quick response and vote before I go to sleep- will be briefish as am on the iPhone.

Cy - Christ, for the first 4 pages you were a total d-bag, but my read on you is strongly pro-town.

TQO - have to say, I agreed with crueltys assessment that for the first 11/12 pages, your play was obvtarded, not obvtown. Your roleclaim verges on insane, and you will be dead by tomorrow. But not by lynching- you are town.

Jack. Jackie jackie jack. You annoy me, and I don't know whether to push for your lynch or not. Your soft claim was piss poor, and you have done some pretty scummy stuff, especially early in the day. You're not my major suspect but IGMEOY.

Vivi57 is as useful as a cock-flavoured lollipop and I could get behind a wagon on her. Or at least I could if it wasn't for TBM, who has done basically nothing but tunnel vision in on TQO. Lynching TQO at this of all points makes zero sense- if we let him live he'll likely be NKed anyway, so to keep pushing that wagon is braindead. I've yet to see a single post from TBM that isn't scummy.

vote: TBM

At some point (likely Saturday) I will do a full PBPA of the thread with analysis, but on my readthrough a TBM lynch just makes the most sense.

Record as scum: 1-0 from 1 games (Mini 1584, werewolf). But I'm totally town this time, I promise.
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

EBWOP:
unvote, vote:TBM
since my predecessor apparently wanted zang done away with.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
AGar wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
How is Vivi57 useless?
Fastest PBPA evar:

ISO1 - Confirm.

/PBPA.

You're justified. I've gotten a bit paranoid about policy lynching, so I was probing you for information.
That doesn't look like you policy lynching.
Then what does it look like?
Exactly what I hoped AGar would post—a legitimate case on Vivi.

The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

I don't like the idea of wanting to lynch Vivi based on being useless, as I'm still in that boat of uselessness trying to fight my way out of it. So I would feel hypocritical if I agreed to that. I do agree though that Vivi's play has been very fishy in terms of unvoting and voting at the drop of a hat.

And to Fat Tony, even if I'm dead by night, as long as we lynch scum this day then I wouldn't feel as if my efforts were entirely useless. Which brings me to my point, TBM is scum, let's lynch him first and consider if Vivi is worthy of a lynch on day 2. ^_^
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

[quote="SC]Exactly what I hoped AGar would post—a legitimate case on Vivi.[/quote]

No. If you lynch a player for exhibiting a trait that is not scumminess you are policy-lynching. He 'proved' that Vivi was useless, not that she was scummy - hence a policy lynch.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:[quote="SC]Exactly what I hoped AGar would post—a legitimate case on Vivi.
No. If you lynch a player for exhibiting a trait that is not scumminess you are policy-lynching. He 'proved' that Vivi was useless, not that she was scummy - hence a policy lynch.[/quote][/quote]

Oh, have you decided to play favorites? I vote you for essentially wanting The Quintastic One policy lynched (and for us to ignore him if that doesn't end up happening), yet you don't want Vivi57 policy lynched. I don't remember winning a game where I played favorites, I warn you.

Now tell me, why the (former) nonsense speaker over the active lurker?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

EBWOP: That last sentence isn't clear in context. Why lynch the (former) nonsense speaker over the active lurker?

SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Please tell me where the fuck I have posted that I don't want vivi policy-lynched.

Also, I unvoted TQO.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Jack »

Not much movement.

I think we should lynch TBM. As in, we need need 2 more votes.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by cruelty »

Ah fuck it, I'm in.

vote: TBM
the nexus of the crisis
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

PaltryExcuse wrote:@cruelty: Still waiting for your answer to your own question and also what you thought was my 'singular moment' in this game.
Secondly:
cruelty wrote:
TQO wrote:If he has truly read through the entire thread like I just have, he would have MORE than enough material to vote for somebody.
This is parroting something someone else (Paltry? can't be bothered looking) said. It stuck out because it's related to me, but looking back through your post it's quite obvious that you're not really thinking here, you're just recycling arguments other people have made. It's all good and well to get behind someone else's case (if it's a good case), but the vast majority of your original content has been fairly blatant and illogical OMGUS.
Yes, it was me who accused you.
Question though, where did TQO get his suspicions of ConfidAnon from?
WEEEEEEEEEEEE! Answers please before a lynching!
Fat_Tony
Fat_Tony
Goon
Fat_Tony
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by Fat_Tony »

TBM is now L-1, for those unaware. Out of interest, cruelty, what changed your mind regarding voting TBM?

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by cruelty »

Stagnation really. I think that TBM is a fairly viable suspect (having re-read him in iso), but more importantly, as a mislynch he's not a particularly damaging one. In fact, a TBM mislynch gives us a lot of information.

Paltry, I thought your post 8 (where you went in on Zang) was probably the moment your interest in the game picked up.

Where did he get his suspicion of CA from? Dunno, can't really be bothered looking right now. One or two examples of original thinking doesn't save him, though. If anything it makes him look worse (to me, anyway), given that if he did pull that suspicion from the recesses of his own mind, it proves he's capable of scumhunting reasonably logically and effectively, something generally lacking in his game thus far.
the nexus of the crisis

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”