Vivi57
Townie
Vivi57
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Vivi57 »

Agar: this is my first time playing mafia

zhero: jack's claim doesn't make me think he's cop or any other role for that matter. It looks like nothing was happening in the game and he made that statement to make the game to start moving (and it worked).

The votes on buttonman seem to have happened much faster than any other set of votes. Do mafia typically attack a person and vote like that?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: Confirm out of V/LA.

The Quintastic One wrote:
Zhero wrote:Why specifically them and not ConfidAnon and I? Both of us also had votes on you when you said this.

Because unlike what Strangercoug and TheButtonMen would have you believe, I am NOT targeting everyone who is voting for me and calling them all scum. That's statistically impossible. I can deal with you (Zhero) and Confidanon voting for me for thinking I am scummy. It's Cougs & TBM's false logic & super push for my lynch that's scummy.
I feel insulted here. I can't tell the difference between ConfidAnon's case on you and mine, and you're basically calling my aggressiveness scummy, which makes zero sense.
The Quintastic One wrote:It's like Jack said, I believe TBM is becoming frustrated because he's not being successful at lynching the easy target (me).
Regardless of our alignments, if you wouldn't OMGUS and/or WIFOM every two or three sentences, we would not find you an easy target.
The Quintastic One wrote:And I would be able to do an actual reread of this thread and do some actual scumhunting for once if I wasn't so damn busy trying to deflect suspicions of me. While people believe me to be scum, it would be damn near impossible for my arguments to hold any ground whatsoever because it would be viewed as just "scum trying to redirect suspicions to somebody else". I'd rather focus my attention on proving my innocence, so that I could be free to scumhunt without worrying about my arguments being manipulated by the scum and taken out of context.
A good Mafia player will put scumhunting first and defending second, if I am not mistaken.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

Zhero wrote:Why specifically them and not ConfidAnon and I? Both of us also had votes on you when you said this.

And I would be able to do an actual reread of this thread and do some actual scumhunting for once if I wasn't so damn busy trying to deflect suspicions of me. While people believe me to be scum, it would be damn near impossible for my arguments to hold any ground whatsoever because it would be viewed as just "scum trying to redirect suspicions to somebody else". I'd rather focus my attention on proving my innocence, so that I could be free to scumhunt without worrying about my arguments being manipulated by the scum and taken out of context.
That's not how it works, if your town you want to scum hunt not defend yourself. Also how would you "prove" your innocence and why do you feel that you can't present your arguments now?

@Agar
you planning on posting some actual content anytime soon? If you think I'm scum make a case, try to conivnce people to vote for me, don't just sit back.

@Vivi57;
This is your first mafia game? You should have joined the Newb Queue and played through a game there first, good way to learn the ropes.
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by AGar »

Case?

Stifling conversation (I've outlined this)

Trying to distract town with infighting (I've mentioned this)

General posting of "fluff" and BS crap rather than proactive posting. You're last post is a wonderful example - I've yet to see you bring anything to the table not relating to TQO.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

I've already pointed out that it's beyond irritating at this point that Jack, Agar and Myself have all pretty much presented our cases over and over and over again and yet each day TBM or Strangercoug asks one of us to elaborate our reasons, yet again.

At this point it's blatant stalling. Since they can't convince the town into a majority lynch so they're just going to keep posting the same questions and getting the same answers until somebody wises up and sees the pattern and gets rid of them.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

TQO - You are getting more annoying by the post.

Going off of gut and how he quickly shifted to TQO, and then quickly shifted back off of TQO.

Vote: Zang
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 5:

TheButtonmen - (3) - AGar, The Quintastic One, Jack
The Quintastic One – (2) – TheButtonmen, StrangerCoug
Jack - (1) – Zang
Sir Cyanide - (1) - Vivi57
Vivi57 - (1) - Zhero
Zang - (1) - ConfidAnon

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: February 11th
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:47 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

@TQO - Stop waving the 'I'm so townie' flag. Your rolefishing and suspicions based on "Those who attack me must be scum" are not pro-town. Constantly saying "I must be town" is not convincing in the slightest.

For example:
The Quintastic One wrote:Yes, I understand now that the cop investigating scum would be alot more effective than clearing me as town. But still, if I am THIS confident that I am innocent, I find it very suspect that other people are still as confident as they are that I am scummy.
Every player is going to say that they're confident that they are town. Why does suspecting you show scummy behaviour?

@AGar - I like the case on Button. Especially his response of wanting a case on him when I've already requested one and you've responded.

@ConfidAnon - Zang sees FOS's TQO on January 22nd. Believes TQO on January 24th. Also...
Zang wrote:Tqo-I did believe your points and I don't know that Jack is scum, the only people that know who is scum is scum. And can you elaborate more on how I am being manipulated?
This has been bothering me for a while. Why do you believe TQO?
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

EBWOP: Zang
sees
FOS's...

Also,
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:21 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

ConfidAnon wrote:TQO - You are getting more annoying by the post.

Going off of gut and how he quickly shifted to TQO, and then quickly shifted back off of TQO.

IMO this is a pretty silly reason, are you implying a scum link (he votes TQO to make it seem as if they are unconnected but then quickly unvotes because he doesn't feel comfortable/doesn't want to bus)?
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

SIR CYANIDE wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:TQO - You are getting more annoying by the post.

IMO this is a pretty silly reason, are you implying a scum link (he votes TQO to make it seem as if they are unconnected but then quickly unvotes because he doesn't feel comfortable/doesn't want to bus)?
It seems as though Zang doesn't believe his own accusations of who is or isn't scum. He easily believes those he FOS's. You have to take into consideration what the people whom you suspect say because you might be wrong... however, to believe them with no reason for the change in thought? Scary stuff.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Zang »

My Suscpicouns change as do Many peoples, how is that scummy?

And
unvote
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Jack »

Zang is starting to look pretty bad.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:44 am

Post by Zang »

Ok, I am really confused, first can you explain why I am looking bad?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

The Quintastic One wrote:I've already pointed out that it's beyond irritating at this point that Jack, Agar and Myself have all pretty much presented our cases over and over and over again and yet each day TBM or Strangercoug asks one of us to elaborate our reasons, yet again.

At this point it's blatant stalling. Since they can't convince the town into a majority lynch so they're just going to keep posting the same questions and getting the same answers until somebody wises up and sees the pattern and gets rid of them.
Are we pushing for your lynch, or are we stalling the game? It's kind of hard to be doing both without a deadline as, in theory, anybody's lynch is viable at this point. Yours, mine, Jack's, you name him (or her—I"d like not to be sexist). I'm not above quoting every single post by you that I find scummy if that's what I have to do to get the game moving.

I do agree that Zang is getting a bit worrisome, but I'd have to do a quick check on him just to double check.

PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Zang wrote:My Suscpicouns change as do Many peoples, how is that scummy?

And
unvote
I never said your opinions can't change on people. I no longer find Jack to be the scummiest and removed my vote from him. However, 2 days after FOS'ing someone you
believe
them. What makes it worse is that it is past tense, you
did believe
him meaning it was even less than 2 days of posts which allowed you to change your mind so completely. Believing someone who has repeatedly said in his votes that he is town is basically believing they are town, no? This just seems to imply you were very easily swayed because there weren't foundations of suspicion to begin with.

Another thing:
Zang wrote:I'm not voting because I have 3 suspects, I want to narrow it down farther before I vote, only 2 of my 3 suspects can be scum if that. I want to have more solid information before I vote.
Why could only 2 of your 3 suspects be scum at that point? (TQO, Sir Cyanide, Jack)

More so, I asked these questions of you:
PaltryExcuse wrote:@Zang: Is it just the perceived cop claim that has you thinking Jack is scummy? Or is there something else to change your mind from Sir Cyanide being less of a detriment than Jack (the original reason you upgraded your FoS to a vote)?
And you answered:
Zang wrote:Paltryexcuse-I was going to unvote cyanide anyway, I originally voted for him because he was no use to the town whether he is or isn't mafia but he has disproven me of that so I was going to unvote him.
What is the answer to the first question? As in, is it just the perceived cop claim that makes Jack scummy for you?

You also missed the question of 'why you believe TQO?'

Finally I have no idea what this is in reference to or why you said it:
Zang wrote:Well, it is possible that we have another killing role
It just seems the more I focus on your posts, the more I don't like.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by AGar »

Zang wrote:Ok, I am really confused, first can you explain why I am looking bad?
Can you read the thread?

You earn a FoS because I'm much more confident in the TB read, but vote-hopping and weak cases followed by skimming/blatant not reading is a tinge scummy and something to keep an eye on.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
The Quintastic One
The Quintastic One
Goon
The Quintastic One
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by The Quintastic One »

StrangerCoug wrote:
The Quintastic One wrote:I've already pointed out that it's beyond irritating at this point that Jack, Agar and Myself have all pretty much presented our cases over and over and over again and yet each day TBM or Strangercoug asks one of us to elaborate our reasons, yet again.

Are we pushing for your lynch, or are we stalling the game? It's kind of hard to be doing both without a deadline as, in theory, anybody's lynch is viable at this point. Yours, mine, Jack's, you name him (or her—I"d like not to be sexist). I'm not above quoting every single post by you that I find scummy if that's what I have to do to get the game moving.

I do agree that Zang is getting a bit worrisome, but I'd have to do a quick check on him just to double check.
The rules in the beginning of the first page said there was a 3 week deadline, so I have no idea where you get there is no deadline. And you're stalling the game because you're "getting the game moving" but your only posting fluff.

I mean, look at this post I just quoted from you. What did you accomplish here? What was the point? What activity did it continue to generate beyond "I agree with the active posters that Zang is getting worrisome".

You didn't offer your own conclusions you just said "I'll get back to this later" because you probably need to find time to twist some of Zang's posts around and move onto the next big target that's coming around. It's like you've gone "Well, I couldn't get a lynch out of Jack, I couldn't get a lynch out of TQO, I guess we'll go after Zang now until we get something to stick". You just keep on migrating to the next easy target hoping that something will stick, well I won't be following this one. I've got my vote and unless something drastic happens, it's not changing.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

StrangerCoug wrote:

The rules in the beginning of the first page said there was a 3 week deadline, so I have no idea where you get there is no deadline.

Oops—I think you win a point here. We don't have to worry about it just yet, though.
The Quintastic One wrote:And you're stalling the game because you're "getting the game moving" but your only posting fluff.

Way to dismiss my legitimate case on you.
The Quintastic One wrote:I mean, look at this post I just quoted from you. What did you accomplish here? What was the point? What activity did it continue to generate beyond "I agree with the active posters that Zang is getting worrisome".
I concede that I am pushing your lynch, which is not scummy, but refute that I am stalling, which would be scummy. If you were to take a step back and look at the thread, you'd see what I'm talking about.
The Quintastic One wrote:You didn't offer your own conclusions you just said "I'll get back to this later" because you probably need to find time to twist some of Zang's posts around and move onto the next big target that's coming around. It's like you've gone "Well, I couldn't get a lynch out of Jack, I couldn't get a lynch out of TQO, I guess we'll go after Zang now until we get something to stick". You just keep on migrating to the next easy target hoping that something will stick, well I won't be following this one. I've got my vote and unless something drastic happens, it's not changing.
I'm getting you lynched today if I can. End of that discussion.

As for Zang, most of my read on him is hearsay and I need to do an ISO on him to confirm it. (Jack honestly makes me worrisome too, but I'm starting to get a VI read on him, and I don't think he's scum if you are town.)

SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:43 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

You didn't offer your own conclusions you just said "I'll get back to this later" because you probably need to find time to twist some of Zang's posts around and move onto the next big target that's coming around. It's like you've gone "Well, I couldn't get a lynch out of Jack, I couldn't get a lynch out of TQO, I guess we'll go after Zang now until we get something to stick". You just keep on migrating to the next easy target hoping that something will stick, well I won't be following this one.
Your reasoning is truly baffling. I am so lucky to be in a game with you so I can see your divine Sherlock Holmes-skills in action.

VOTE: The Quintastic One
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 6:

TheButtonmen - (3) - AGar, The Quintastic One, Jack
The Quintastic One – (3) – TheButtonmen, StrangerCoug, Sir Cyanide
Zang - (2) - ConfidAnon, PaltryExcuse
Sir Cyanide - (1) - Vivi57
Vivi57 - (1) - Zhero

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: February 11th

ConfidAnon has requested replacement. Looking for one now.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Zang »

I'm not voting because I have 3 suspects, I want to narrow it down farther before I vote, only 2 of my 3 suspects can be scum if that. I want to have more solid information before I vote.
:oops: :oops: sorry about that, Like I said this is my first non newbie game. I realized this soon after posting it and I would of said something about it if I knew that it would be big deal later in the game. :oops: :oops:
What is the answer to the first question? As in, is it just the perceived cop claim that makes Jack scummy for you?

Basically
Well, it is possible that we have another killing role
I already explained this to TQO, but TQO said that Jack would be very scummy if he was still alive tommorow and someone else died but I was explainig to him that if the mafia targets Jack who the doctor protects and if someone else had a killing role then they might target someone besides Jack. This would leave Jack still alive and someone else dead but he wouldn't be scum.
can you read the thread?
yes I can and I was asking Jack specifically
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:39 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

And why do you believe TQO, Zang?
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Zang »

sorry, didn't see that part of the post but here is my explaination-

1. It was a fos not a vote
2. it wasn't me believing him, it was Me agreeing with him
3. I disagreed with him on one thing but I agreed with him on something else.
4. If you are refering to my post 213, I said that his logic makes sence (to me anyway) but I didn't believe him, I even said that it might be a scum trick.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Actually, it was this one I was referring to:
Zang, Post 170 wrote:Paltryexcuse-I was going to unvote cyanide anyway, I originally voted for him because he was no use to the town whether he is or isn't mafia but he has disproven me of that so I was going to unvote him.

Tqo-I did believe your points and I don't know that Jack is scum, the only people that know who is scum is scum. And can you elaborate more on how I am being manipulated?
You believed TQO's points after FOSing him. What was there to believe and why?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”