Newbie 803 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Newbie 803 - Game Over.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Zorblag »

Your tiny village of North Trollsberg was a peaceful, well-nigh idyllic place so recently that it almost hurts to think back to those days of pleasant, productive life with your friends and family. Recently though, the mafia has made a bid to take over all operations in the area. Failing that, they seem willing to eliminate everyone rather than leave your community uncontrolled. Now, after a quick turf battle in which your fellow townspeople refused to give in to the mafia's demands most of the population has been killed or forced to flee for their safety. The nine of you that remain are the stubborn ones. Unfortunately two of you are also agents of the mafia so it's time to start lynching to get rid of them so that the scattered survivors can return and try to rebuild the community that you once thought secure.

Mod: Zorblag

Living Players

Head_Honcho^ (replaces Lupo El Loco), townie, survived
Col.Cathart (replaces Claramata^), townie, survived

indicates IC player.
The ICs are here to help you learn to play the game. Their play is governed by the wiki article Being a good IC.

^
indicates semi-experienced player.

Dead Players

Santos, townie, lynched day one

VP Baltar*, townie, killed night one

Hurleys_Van (replaces Cartza), mafia goon, lynched day two

Porkens* (replaces SensFan*), cop, killed night two

Einlanzers, townie, lynched day three

Vino^ (replaces Chiarosicada (replaces jonnydelawelsh)), townie, killed night three

jammer, mafia goon, lynched day four

Helpful Links

Rules and Setup (with Roles.)

Day One start, Day One end.
Day Two start, Day Two end.
Day Three start, Day Three end.
Day Four start, Day Four end.

Main Wiki Page
Newbie Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly Used Abbreviations

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Zorblag »

Game Rules (modified from Vel-Rahn Koon’s rules):

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage or the first 24 hours after roles are sent out (whichever is longer.)
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur
  2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
  4. Please submit votes as:
    Vote: PlayerName
    Votes will NOT be counted otherwise! Votes must be bold to be counted.

5. Please submit vote revocations as either
    Unvote: PlayerName
    or
    Unvote
    . Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  6. You may
    Vote: No Lynch
    - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
  7. This game will have 3 week deadlines. At deadline, the player (or No Lynch) with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the tie breaker will be the player who has the first active vote on them. Should there be no active votes at deadline no one will be lynched.
  8. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
  9. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  1. Green
    text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed.
  2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

5. Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or after 3 days of no activity. A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
  6. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
  7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Zorblag »

The F11 setup is the current game format used in Newbie games. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, these Newbie Games are Semi-Open. The actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies
If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the Goon is lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

Mafia-Aligned players:

The Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, <name>, a <Mafia Goon or Mafia Roleblocker>. Your current task is to eliminate the rest of North Trollsberg by killing them at night and getting them lynched during the day.
  • During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
  • During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
  • You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
  • You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
The Mod wrote:

You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner, <name>, a Mafia Goon. Your current task is to eliminate the rest of North Trollsberg during the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.
[*]As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
[*]Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.
[*]During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
[*]You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
[*]You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.[/list]
Town-Aligned players:

The Mod wrote:

You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.
  • You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
  • Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
  • At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
The Mod wrote:

You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
  • The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s guilt or innocence.
  • In a Newbie game, you will always get a correct result (no sanity issues) provided you are not roleblocked (if you are roleblocked you will get no result.)
  • You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
The Mod wrote:

You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.
  • Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
  • If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
  • You may not protect yourself.
  • In a Newbie game, your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks) provided you are not roleblocked (if you are roleblocked your protection will not work.)
-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Zorblag »

Roles have now been sent out to all the players. We are in the confirmation phase. Please confirm in the thread when you have read and understood both your role and the rules for the game. If you have any questions about your role or the rules please PM Zorblag. Day one will start once everyone has confirmed.

Mafia members have until 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 16th or until the confirmation stage is done (whichever happens later) to communicate to each other at the start of the game. After that they may not communicate privately until Night One.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

/confirm

I am one of your ICs. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be as helpful as I can.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:15 am

Post by SensFan »

VP Baltar wrote:/confirm

I am one of your ICs. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be as helpful as I can.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 am

Post by SensFan »

Oh, and by the way, I won't be posting again until 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, June 16th.

I suggest no one else post until this day/time, even once the game starts.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Santos »

confirmed
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Einlanzers »

/confirm
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by SensFan »

Sorry Mod, but please replace me.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Porkens replaces SensFan

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hello boys and girls, I'm your other IC.
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Claramata »

/confirm

Hello ^_^
"Actual reality. Act up. [b]Fight AIDS!!![/b]" -- Rent

[b]The AniX Theory:[/b] "Well, Gabe, lets end world hunger...WAIT A SECOND, ARE THOSE TWO DUDES GETTING MARRIED? FUCK WORLD HUNGER, WE GOT TO STOP THIS FAG MARRIAGE! TO THE GODMOBILE!"
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by Zorblag »

I've just learned that my grandmother died today. Tomorrow would have been her 91st birthday; she lived a full life and this isn't unexpected at all. The only effect this might have on the game is that I might end up missing a couple days at some point in the upcoming week while I go participate in whatever ceremony we end up having and help my mother with whatever she needs help with. I hope you'll excuse my absence if I'm not here for a stretch shortly. Thok is also watching over the game. If I'm not here for an extended period consider him the backup mod. I hope that it won't be an issue but if I'm not here he'll speak for me in whatever needs to be done.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by jammer »

/comfirm

A good game everyone.
Cartza
Cartza
Townie
Cartza
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 am

Post by Cartza »

/confirm
Lupo El Loco
Lupo El Loco
Townie
Lupo El Loco
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Lupo El Loco »

/confirm
[b]Lupo El Loco[/b]
jonnydelawelsh
jonnydelawelsh
Townie
jonnydelawelsh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:06 am

Post by jonnydelawelsh »

/confirm
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Zorblag »

Everyone has now confirmed. Day one begins and will have a deadline of 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

Vote Count 1.0

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Not voting: Cartza, Claramata, Einlanzers, jammer, jonnydelawelsh, Lupo El Loco, Porkens, Santos, VP Baltar

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently no one would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 6:00 PM EDT/3:00 PM PDT on Tuesday, July 7th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zorblag wrote:
Porkens replaces SensFan
Vote Porkens
hater
Claramata
Claramata
Goon
Claramata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am

Post by Claramata »

vote: Cartza
Lets get this all started everyone.
"Actual reality. Act up. [b]Fight AIDS!!![/b]" -- Rent

[b]The AniX Theory:[/b] "Well, Gabe, lets end world hunger...WAIT A SECOND, ARE THOSE TWO DUDES GETTING MARRIED? FUCK WORLD HUNGER, WE GOT TO STOP THIS FAG MARRIAGE! TO THE GODMOBILE!"
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

VP Baltar wrote:
Zorblag wrote:
Porkens replaces SensFan
Vote Porkens
hater
I lol'ed, I really did :o !

I'm going to vote for the antepenultimate person to make a non-/confirm post.
Einlanzers
Einlanzers
Goon
Einlanzers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Einlanzers »

Santos
Santos
Mafia Scum
Santos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Santos »

Vote: Living Players
because we can't vote dead ones.
[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/thecrazies/]zombie - The Crazies[/url]

[url=http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/GreekHoplite]Join me in eRepublik![/url]
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by jammer »

Let start this.

@Cartza, is this your first experience with mafia, if so what brought you here, if not what/where did you play before?
Einlanzers wrote:
Vote: Einlanzers
, what do you think to accomplish with a no lynch? If I see the numbers, we get one lynch less if we no lynch. I'd like to hear your reasoning. If this was created to no lynch D1, don't you think it would be a nightstart?

@Lupo El Loco, do you think this random voting stage is a good way to start discussion or do you think there are better ways?

@jonnydelawelsh, what do you like about mafia, and makes you want to play it?
Santos wrote:
Vote: Living Players
because we can't vote dead ones.
Is that a hint at the mod, for having 'living players' in same bold and row as the players or is that a lame joke.

@Claramata
Happy birthday, what do you think about the 3 week decline. Do you think it is a (to)long time to lynch someone or think it is normal?

@Porkens
If a topic is quiet and going nowhere, and players are heading obviously the wrong way and going to speedlynch townys, would you try to rerail the game as IC, even if you where mafia?

VP Baltar wrote:/confirm

Is there a easy way you keep track of the topic?

I think you keep notes from this thread, what are the points you write down and basically what is important enough to note. And basically how do you find mafia, what is the best way according to you?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”