Newbie 769 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Tenchi »

Watchlist:

HERO: Check for leading questions, tunneling, BSing
KIKUCHIYO: She's a bit jumpy on small things, but that could go either way. Start checking if she comes up with BS cases (the first Feeres case I felt was bad).
FEERES: Person to watch if he continues to be the middle of the road guy and lacks the aggression mid-late game. Watch for wishy-washiness also.
TOLEDO: Watch if continues to be unnecessarily middle of the road and echoing people's thoughts. Watch for piggybacking also. Watch rolefishing. Cross-check interaction with Hockey.
HOCKEY: Watch for wishy washiness and lack of putting up a stance. Watch if he starts to piggyback or put up BS cases (see Hockey vs Feeres, I felt Hockey was bordering BSing at the beginning.). Finally, watch association with Toledo.
SC/SH: Watch if suddenly gets irrational. Or suddenly starts to tunnel and not hear one side out.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:56 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official "Christ Tenchi, stop Quadruple Posting" Vote Count

Tenchi - 2 (Hero764, Toledo88)

Toledo88 - 1 (SerialClergyman)

Not Voting - 4 (Hockeyruler, Feeres, kikuchiyo, Tenchi)

4 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Monday, May 4th (Eastern, GMT - 4).
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Hero764 »

unvote

Vote: hockeyruler

I find it interesting that Toledo and hockeyruler are ignoring each other. I'm also getting a lot more protown vibes from Tenchi(this does not remove suspicion of you.) I think we should look elsewhere for our lynch today. And besides, I want to see more of a hockeyruler defense. I would go with Toledo but I just don't find him scummy like I do hockeyruler.
Show
[b]RECORD:[/b]

[u]Wins[/u]: 1

[u]Losses[/u]: 0
Toledo25
Toledo25
Townie
Toledo25
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Toledo25 »

Continuing...
Do you have anything to say about your change of posting style?
During Night 1, I felt that I had really been a waste during Day 1 aside from my empty vote, so I felt that I had to be a bit more open. Also, regarding my fishing, that was because the Hero vs. Tenchi argument was losing it's strength (not the best way of describing it), and Hero seemed to be the more aggressive one.

Who else could Hero focus (post 226)?
I'm not too...annoyed (I'm having trouble finding the word(s)) that he was after Hockey, more of him and Tenchi was the worse part.
Hero: You might have missed my question, but I'd like it answered-
Assuming that a no lynch would be bad for the town, who would have been better to lynch on Day 1? Feeres?
Also, can someone explain to me what "tunneling" is?
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 am

Post by Hero764 »

Sorry Toledo:
Assuming that a no lynch would be bad for the town, who would have been better to lynch on Day 1? Feeres?
Why would you say Feeres? I was defending him on day 1. I don't know who would have been better to lynch. I think the day should've kept going so we could find out more.

Tunneling is where you are completely focused on 1(or 2?) players and you pretty much ignore the others.

And did anyone else notice that the deadline for the game is tomorrow?
Rules wrote: All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.

It's been 2 weeks and 6 days since the game started =/.
Mod: Is this still being enforced?
Show

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:29 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

@all - I'm trying to not talk too much because I've posted a lot recently, and I do want to give people like Toledo, Feeres, Hockey and Kiku a chance to take it all in and talk a bit.

@Toledo - I'm not sure if tunnelling is an 'official' mafia word or not - when I use it, I mean the state of mind where one person is totally fixated on another without considering any pro-town or anti-town information from other players in the game, and new events are only considered in light of that person you are 'tunnelled' onto.
I'm old now.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Tenchi »

Mod: Request for deadline extension, and sorry for the quad posts. :(

Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

Feeres wrote: Hockeyruler:
1.Why did you not check the thread before making a post where you find me suspicious (post 97)?
2.Why did you suddenly decide that it was good idea to vote for CJ when he makes a stupid post (post 136)?
3.Do you mean that the reason why CJ should have been lynched was that if a person would votehop and not give sufficent reasons, we should lynch them just because of that (post 166)?
4.If you agree that lynching an unhelpful/antitown person is justified, then why do you bring up that CJ is probably townie?
5.Do you think tenchi is town (post 209)?
1. I'm looking at that page right now, and I'm not seeing what you're talking about, be more specific please?
2. He wasn't being helpful at all and more of a hindrance because of the random voting, and also because as I've said before, it is painfuly easy for a mafia to do this. And also its "ridiculous".
3.More than that, like I siad, it wasn't helpful, it wasn't usefull, and it would be painfuly easy for a mafia to do it.
4.I meant more that his posts turned out looking really newbish, which doesn't qualify them as town or mafia, yes they weren't mafia looking really, but also weren't really town.
5.I'm not really sure, I have an idea that I'll post later on.

I've really tried to read up on all these posts, but I think its probable I'm missing something. Anyways, heres an idea that I was thinking of...

Hero/Tenchi The Mob Squad (Great name I know :P): Anyways, as you'll notice. Hero and Tenchi have been specificaly targetting each other. And has been said before, this doesn't really do much good (Beating a dead horse) Yet the one thing it does do is remove any suspicion of BOTH of them being mafia. And only once has Tenchi gone to L2 because of this. And that was only from a vote from Toledo. However the downsides to this theory are: L2 is pretty serious, they haven't really done anything else, so while it would make them both look innocent as a scum team, they aren't getting any innocent people killed. And the main problem I have is that Tenchi is constantly giving bad reasons for Hero in a sort of defense of himself.

I have to go soon so I'll make this last part quick.

I think Serial mentioned that I've only been popping in when my name has been read, and only to defend myself. I think its pretty natural for me to do that (defending myself atleast) and I think its also a lot more pro-town then Tenchi defending himself and simultaneously attacking Hero.

I know that its been mentioned multiple times that I could be scum with Toledo. Yet I'm not even sure why toledo is being suspected in the first place? Has he said something in D2 thatI've missed? Because I didn't notice anything in Day one.

I also think feeres brings up an excelent point.
Feeres wrote:For some reason, you are quick to announce Kiku as very townie, when she has failed to address the large movements and just sniped at minor details IMO. No attacks have been made against her and she seems to actively hunt these logical inconsistencies, but I'm not convinced that she wouldn't be scum who just lets minor slips of her scumbuddy to go by if those would happen.
This is very true and I think we should pursue it,

I hope not too many posts occur before I get back :)
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:38 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

kikuchiyo:
Why didn't you find CJ suspicious or how did you think his previous actions were townish?
I never said he was "townish". Their play seemed "null-tell" leaning scummy. I approved of the lynch, just not how it went down.

Why do you find me to be chock full of bullshit (post 118)?
This question is pointless and after the fact. I didn't believe your story. Hence, you are full of bullshit. This question seems forced.

In the last part, you refer to a story of theirs, who are they (post 132)?
You.

Why do you say he virtually clears me off suspicion when he only refers to a part of the causes of my suspicion, he even goes on later thinking that I'm suspicious (post 169)?
It seemed an odd way to begin the day, attempting to draw suspicion away from someone as opposed to the other way around.

Do you think pursuing Tenchi with his reasoning for lynching CJ along with his early hammer will be useful or what do you think we can learn from it (post 180)?
I do not understand this question.
I think the premature hammer was scummy. What we learn from it depends on the interactions in thread and what Tenchi flips.
Another kind of pointless question here.

Why do you find starting a day by saying who you don't think is suspicious is suspicious (post 180)?
It seems backwards. Townies don't know others alignments and should be suspicious of everyone. Eliminating someone so quickly from your suspicion list is poor scum hunting.

What issues did you have with Tenchi and why did you clear him (post 217)?
Sorry, when I said the "case is clear" I meant it as "obvious". The case is solid. He hammered early. You can only analyze the same evidence for so long.

Can you give me a list of people you find suspicious, from towniest to scummiest?
No, I don't see that as beneficial. I don't feel that anyone is all that "townie" at this point.

If you find there's something wrong with Toledo's case, why aren't you questioning him but just bring him up (post 224)?
I think the case on Toledo is actually pretty solid. That's what that post states. I specifically mention the fact that he rolefished and was on the wagon at L-2. The post itself was not directed to him but to others.

Why are you ok with lynching Tenchi so suddenly (post 233)?
Why do you mischaracterize my actions here as "sudden" when I have been on Tenchi all day?

Did you find read anything about the pros and cons of hyperclaiming or debate about them at all before making the suggestion (post 233)?
It seems to me that the pros outwiegh the cons. I didn't read about them, just thought about them myself after reading it in other games.

What questions would you like Toledo to answer (post 263)?
I never ask Toledo to answer questions. Not sure if this is another mischaracterization or not. Why do you think I am referring to "questions when I am clearly not?
feeres wrote:Toledo never said anything about me being cleared. He said most, that is only a major part, of suspicion is gone, cleared was the word Kiku was using and the word which you are using which implies that I'd be 100% clear. It's odd you'd make an argument against him based on a word choice he didn't use.
QFT. I found Toledo's post suspicious, but the above statement is correct in terms of the wording.
feeres wrote:For some reason, you are quick to announce Kiku as very townie, when she has failed to address the large movements and just sniped at minor details IMO. No attacks have been made against her and she seems to actively hunt these logical inconsistencies, but I'm not convinced that she wouldn't be scum who just lets minor slips of her scumbuddy to go by if those would happen.
How does pointing out suspicious behavior like "rolefishing" amount to "sniping" at "minor" details?
Tenchi wrote:KIKUCHIYO: She's a bit jumpy on small things, but that could go either way. Start checking if she comes up with BS cases (the first Feeres case I felt was bad).
Hm. Maybe they are small things. Sorry guys, but I think I have been pointing out important inconsistencies. Feeres' random FoS was suspicious. Toledo rolefished and somehow tried to paint Feeres as "not suspicious"(I still don't understand why).
hockey wrote:I also think feeres brings up an excelent point.
Feeres wrote:
For some reason, you are quick to announce Kiku as very townie, when she has failed to address the large movements and just sniped at minor details IMO. No attacks have been made against her and she seems to actively hunt these logical inconsistencies, but I'm not convinced that she wouldn't be scum who just lets minor slips of her scumbuddy to go by if those would happen.

I hope not too many posts occur before I get back
So why don't you?
FoS: Hockeyruler.
This is your scummiest post yet. This seems to me to be an attempt to deflect suspicion as opposed to defending yourself. In all seriousness, if you guys agree on the fact that I have been focusing on "minor" inconsistencies then I would appreciate a list of some sort. I don't find "rolefishing" to be "minor", nor do I find a premature hammer to be "minor", nor do i find someone clumsily explaining a "random FoS" to be "minor" nor do I find one player drawing suspicion off of another player at the start of a day with little to no reasoning to be "minor".
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by Feeres »

My questions were mostly about me wanting to clarify few things from the posts in the past. I tried to stay as neutral as possible with regards to all questions, so most of the questions I had might not be that useful, they were just to make things as understood as possible for me.

Thanks to everyone who took time to answer even the pointless ones, I'll draw some analysis from some questions. I'm a bit sick lately so I'm trying my best to try to get online to check here as often as possible. Sorry for the long post, but there's lots of things to say. I've tried formatting this a bit to make it easier to read.

Tenchi
: A nice summary, this will IMO be very useful later on.

---

About Tenchi's answers, I'm actually willing to believe that his hammer was a mistake. His hammer vote seems to be made in the context that no questions are unanswered, as in that all discussion regarding my D1 actions had been done (which now later seems that it's still not done?) and CJ had been acting in a suspicious manner, so he saw that it was enough for the hammer at that time. For example his later interpretation that I was voting him or was going to vote for him seems to support this. He didn't pay that much attention to what I was actually saying so due to this, I'd actually say it's plausible that he made a genuine mistake there. As Serial pointed out with good reasoning, I would pursue other people's scummy actions first.

---

To Hero
, some answers to his questions.
Question #1: Stepping on your toes as in he is trying to provoke you in to saying something which would make you suspicious.
Question #5: Other people have pointed out that I have a contradiction in my posts, I do not understand what the contradiction is, therefore I wanted to know if you noticed such or not.
Question #6: You say that lynching CJ was partly your fault, do you mean that it was partly your fault because you voted for him or is there something more than that?
Question #11: I'm referring to you saying that he ignored half of your post, in your opinion, did he ever deal with these inconsistencies you pointed out?
Question #12: It's a statement you make in post 174, that there is usually discussion when someone is put at L-1. Earlier though, you said you would have unvoted CJ when he was put at L-1 but you were too slow. It's connected to my earlier question about your opinion if CJ would answer better at L-1 than L-2, that if you agree that someone answers to questions better when they are at dire danger of being lynched, they would actually take the time to respond properly. It's a question which was raised by this post, because if someone puts a person at L-1, would he be right in not expecting a hammer coming but instead there being bunch of discussion, especially that early in to the game?
Question #13: I was meaning that do you think you are focusing enough on Tenchi, while not ignoring other people while doing so? Or in other words, are you giving enough attention to other players' scummy actions as well in your opinion?
Question #18: The point was, if I randomly said that I investigated Tenchi and found him scum, then I'd be killed and turn up town, would you suspect Tenchi as being scum because of that?
Question #19: This question might be because of my differing views on the L-1 situation. In your opinion if you put someone at L-1, it means that you agree that he is lynched, while I see it more as a way to pressure someone as much as possible. So disregard that question.

---

My thoughts on Hero based on these questions, he has somewhat different opinions than mine on what some things during a game imply. Based on these, he's pursuing both Tenchi and Hockey for their hammer and L-1 votes. I'm yet undecided if he is genuinely thinking like this or not, because it could also be a scummy motivation of forcing the town to think that these and only these people can be scum because of their seemingly obvious scum actions. In any case, I'd agree with Serial that I would not go after Hero just yet, because of more obvious scummy things happening around.

---

To Toledo
, I'm not a native speaker of English so I probably don't follow the generic ways of "didn't" and "did not" as much. I know of this thing actually, but I never pay attention to it with my own text.

---

My thoughts on Toledo's answers are bit iffy. I find that if he was scum and neither of Tenchi or Hero is scum, it would be insanely easy to just go with one of the more vocal people and get the other one lynched. Then if he'd flip town, we could be persuaded to lynch the other arguer because of how easy it would be to think that one of the two is scum and since this one wasn't, the other one is. Yet there is a valid argument with the reasons he gave in his post to find Tenchi scummy. He is suspicious to say the least.

---

I thought the mod clearly stated the deadline is May 4th, so we have one more week to solve this case. Regardless, since there has been a replacement, it's a good idea to have some extra time.

---

To Hockey
, in post 97 you say you didn't even see Kiku's post before you posted yours. Do you use preview or somehow check what has been said in the thread before you post it?

---

What Hockey's post brings to my mind is that he is being a bit dodgy at times, giving these implying analyses to things. Especially, as Kiku has pointed out, the reply to my thing about Kiku's towniness feels like this. What is there to pursue in this statement?

To Kikuchiyo
:

Yes, some questions might seem pointless to you, but I've not been entirely clear on what you have been saying at times, hence the need to clarify few things.

Question about post 180 was referring to your opinion that Tenchi is a good lynch target because of his early hammer. Do you say that we should lynch him mostly because of his early hammer, because how his reasoning makes him hypocritical, or do you think we should check out the voting patterns and other interactions with other people? Do you think pursuing his early hammer anymore will provide more information (I'm guessing not by judging your later posts)?

The reason why lists about who is townie and who is scummy is that a scummy person will rarely place their buddies in the most scummy areas, instead they will buddy with them, often placing them with the town or at least plausible town. I find it useful when I need to analyze person's earlier actions especially if they flip scum. It doesn't have to be absolute listing, often people will drop someone who is obvious town down in to obvious scum-section. Even some kind of very rough order of people, or pointing out who is probably more scum than the other.

"Sudden" was bad word to use there, the question is supposed to be about the fact that earlier you found Toledo suspicious as well but then decide that lynching Tenchi is the way to go, as I see it. Perhaps a better phrasing of the question would be "Do you think that we have enough reasons at the moment to lynch Tenchi?"

You said you wanted to hear from Toledo in post 263, so I assumed there were something you wanted him to answer. Do you mean that you just want Toledo to analyze something or such?

About you "sniping at minor details", I refer to how I don't see you having much opinion about CJ at all on D1, you were mostly focusing on a detail in my post which was expanded in to a conversation. Also you didn't even have anything to say about Hockeyruler before your latest post, only that you want a more concrete response. I've never been entirely certain of what you think of the big picture when I've read your posts, so I'm saying that you are good at focusing on the smaller things, as in weird things in single posts, but you don't seem to have that much of attention to larger details or analysis of the current situation or such. Could be that I'd just prefer some more elaborate posts as well.

I agree with your FoS. It just feels as if the purpose of it was to try to redirect our attention to something else without any concrete case that he'd put up, but it could be him not having time to finish his post properly and that's why he left it so short. It's still a bit odd to include it without his own thoughts about it, I'm waiting for him to elaborate a bit about it.

---

My thoughts on Kikuchiyo's answers lead me to think that she would be protown as others have noted, but has a very different approach to playing the game. I'm still bit undecided about some things. Like for example why didn't she find CJ's votehopping etc suspicious but now is actively pointing out that Tenchi's hammer vote is very scummy.

---

I'd vote for either Toledo or Hockeyruler atm, but I'd like to see what others have to say about this first. Everyone but Serial has answered the questions so only the questions in this post remain for others.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Sorry Feeres, I didn't realise I hadn't answered them - I was still in 'let other people talk' mode.

Answers below.
How well did you read through the thread before making a post-by-post analysis (post 255)?
Well - your answer is in the post - I read the entire thread thoroughly making the notes published in 255 as I went.

Why is my first post wifom, when kiku's so apparently town without question (post 255)?
You can have a look at my brief discussion with Hero about this - It was the fact you gave two reasons for the one vote, a) it was random and b) it was because he was scummy. That's a (minor) contradiction and kiku spotted it, giving you scummy points and her townie points. I think that answers the question..

Do you have some issues with me which are unanswered (post 255)?
Umm.. I have issues with everyone that aren't
resolved
, but no, I think mostly there's an answeruspicions of you. I guess the difference is just because something is resolved doesn't make the scumminess go away, and just because there's an answer it doesn't mean I believe it (or believe ALL of it).

Do you think Tenchi is scummy because of his contradictions (post 255)?
My primary reason for finding Tenchi scummy is the quicklynch. Hockey has actually contradicted himself to a larger degree, I feel.

Do you think Hockey is scummy because of his reasoning which is against the major opinion (post 255)?
I think Hockey is scummy primarily because of his role in the quicklynch, like tenchi, but the active lurking and contradictions in things he says are also causing me to doubt him.

Are you saying Artem's pointing at me would make his NK logical, if I was scum (post 255)?
Yes. And I'm fully aware he was pointing at me too, but I have the luxury of knowing my own town-ness. Also at that stage in my notes, you were my No.1 suspect. I also noted that this reasoning is lessened, because it's logical for ANY scum to kill the one, experienced, clearly pro-town player.

hink that someone at L-1 would try to answer to questions the best possible he can, given that everyone says votes equals pressure (post 255)?
I think often people at l-1 give up, feel pressured or try to worm out of it with silly reactions, so that's not necessarily true, but it does pressure people and scum are more likely to make mistakes under pressure. It's just important to realise how close you are putting someone to a lynch.

Do you think that it's ok to hammer someone when they are put at L-1 (post 255)?
Only after the town has discussed the decision thoroughly. I would take responsibility for hammering someone that we decided was scummy, but I would not hammer nearly as quickly as Tenchi did D1.

Was the wagon on CJ justified in your opinion?
How did I oddly defend Toledo or attack Hero (post 256)?
Your post 155 was terrible. There was a huge difference between Hero's vote and Tenchi/Hockey's votes. You seemed to find Hero scummy for just having his vote on CJ at L-2 - that's completely different to L-1 and hammering in a half an hour period. Have a look at my post @ 255, search for your name and you'll see the examples where I didn't like your posts.

Would you say we are better off hunting for the second scum, assuming Hero/Tenchi would have one of the scum (post 256)?
If I knew for sure that Hero or Tenchi HAD to be scum, I would attack them because 50% is better than 1/7. However, I don't believe that is definitely true (one of them COULD be scum, not definitely) and either way - we needed to throw a spotlight on all players so that we could find the SECOND scum and so that our power roles (if any) have a chance of making some correct decisions. I think the last few pages of dialog have definitely improved the town's position.

Do you think Hockey is scummy because he is connected to the fast lynching of CJ
Yes, although not exclusively for that reason.
I'm old now.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:05 am

Post by Feeres »

Np, I assumed you missed them, not that you ignored them.

I agree that wording on post 155 was not the best one and that I did not address the Hockey+Tenchi hammer. I made that question simply as a reaction to his post about unvoting at L-1, why would he make that kind of statement, but I guess it could be his reaction to the hammer. It just felt a bit scummy, like he was trying to distance himself from the lynch. Imagine if he was the scum, he'd know CJ wasn't town, so he would want to distance himself from the bad lynch. On the other hand though, giving more discussion to town is bad for the scum, but since he made that post after the hammer it just came off as bit like distancing. Not that I disagree with the hammer votes being too quick being the most scummiest of the votes.

I don't think I ever defended Toledo, that's why I was asking about it. I've found him scummy during day 2 so I would have very little reason to defend him, unless it was something like an issue with poor argumenting against him.

I understand your reasoning better now after those answers. You seem to follow things logically from your own perspective, so I have no scummy points to add from there.

Vote: Toledo88
for reasons I've said in my earlier posts, I want to vote for him now. This should put him at L-2 unless I missed a vote. I do find the arguments vs Hockey quite strong as well, so it could be I change my vote for him later as well. I don't think he's as much involved in the argument of Hero and Tenchi, so I would involve him in the voting pool as well as much as the others.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:43 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Tenchi wrote:
Mod: Request for deadline extension, and sorry for the quad posts. :(
On what grounds?

EDIT: Ah I think I see the confusion. The rule Hero quoted in 330 should read:

All Newbie games have strict 3-week deadlines
per game day
. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.

I have edited the rules post to reflect this. Deadline for Day 2 is not until Monday, May 4th, as stated in the first post and the vote counts.
Last edited by Vel-Rahn Koon on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:50 am

Vel-Rahn - I think he expected the deadline to be earlier than it actually is - please correct me if I'm mistaken Tenchi.

We've had a lot to talk about since I replaced in, but I think it's heading towards a decision - maybe if we're still in limbo a day or two out we could talk about an extension then?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:56 am

EBWOP - you got it, Vel-Rahn.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:55 am

Ok - I think I'll make some comments about the last few posts.

@Tenchi - Thank you for your analysis, it was obviously a lot of work. Two things I would note about it, and this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt - I wouldn't write about what scum tells you're looking for in other people. I'm a big believer in honest and open reasoning, as my posts have demonstrated, but there are some things worth keeping to yourself, and the things you're looking out for in other people are one of them. If I were scum, I could look at your list before every post and know how to make sure I don't raise your suspicions.
The other is that your conclusions are a little lacklustre, and possibly swayed by STARTING from the point that Hero is scum. I understand that's your position, and you've been like that for all of D2, but I think a little more open-inded ness might have helped you out a little.

Still - great posts and it's good to see some more issues being unearthed.

@Feeres - I haven't got too much to say about your questions - I think they'll probably be more useful to you than anyone else. One thing I'd say is perhaps you could try to limit your questions just a little - I think 3 or 4 thorough quesitons are probably more useful (and more reasonable to answer). But that's just my opinion.

I also might have misrepresented you defending Toledo - I'm about to write a long strategy post but maybe after if it's not too late I'll try to find you a quote. I could have just been thinking about that 155 post.

@ All.

Toledo never said anything about me being cleared. He said most, that is only a major part, of suspicion is gone, cleared was the word Kiku was using and the word which you are using which implies that I'd be 100% clear. It's odd you'd make an argument against him based on a word choice he didn't use.

These are the posts from Toledo at that stage.
I honestly don't feel bad for killing CJ; he was frankly being way to suspicious. At this point, I think that the majority of suspicion to Feeres has been eliminated with the lynching off CJMiller, since he was just a townie and Feeres would have no motivation to give him one less vote if Feeres was scum.
No, I'm not saying that ALL suspicion of Feeres is gone. If he had in fact voted for CJ, then it would have looked like he wanted a quick kill and prevent information from coming. Though I can see why you still have doubts about Feeres; it might have just been a plot to make CJ look more suspicious the next day if he wasn't lynched.

Also at this point, I'm forced to believe that either Tenchi or Hero is scum. Not sure which one is more reasonable and which is scummy though. It should become clearer over the next few real days.

It's worth bringing this up, because I do feel it's an odd reaction from Toledo, although my scum pairing of Feeres and Toledo doesn't seem that likely to me any more. But it's worth looking at, I think.

So you are right in that the word 'cleared' didn't come up, but I feel that his first post essentially did remove a lot of suspicion from Feeres for very little reason.

His second post seems scummy to me not just beause it's a little mollifying and still keeps up his poor reasoning - the key was that he said he is forced to believe either Tenchi or Hero is scum. To me that was a stretch and was EXACTLY the play a scum would make if T v H really was a townie vs townie flare-up (like I had hypothesized). It took attention off any side debate and, without commiting himself to voting a townie, was able to focus in on the red herring debate. He also says this despite in the post quoted above it saying that the CJ vote wasn't bad. If so, he should perhaps be taking a side in the HvT debate, not just saying 'one of them must be scum'.

The more I write the more I revisit suspicion on him. His next major post says:
Hero, you seemed rather focused on getting Tenchi at this point with such a temerity (correct me if I used that word in wrong context). You keep on saying that Tenchi voted for CJMiller with prior knowledge that he was in fact a townie. It seems that Tenchi hammered CJ because he could have just been acting. Yet you say that Tenchi knew he was town, and that Tenchi would rather kill a newbie than scum. Though Tenchi only said that he wouldn't let CJ keep on going to the endgame since he was a newb.

I'm beginning to wonder if you (being Hero) are a cop, and you investigated Tenchi and got negative. But the odds of there being a cop and you being it are slim, and I think at this point it's more of a rivalry between you and Tenchi.

Not voting at this point since I'm still not convinced about anyone being scum. Have my suspects though.

There was a little more to it, check out the post if you desire (it's about 186 or so.)

So yes. More focus on HvT debate, rolefishing, suggesting that we should vote someone due to a hypothetical result. And of course, rolefishing doesn't help the town and allows scum to have a better chance of hitting our power roles (if any). It's just all very scummy to my mind.

However - while a lot of people find Toledo 'midly scummy' it doesn't seem to be their main concern today (game day 2). That's fine - I've made my case, and I feel confident that should we strike town today in our lynch we can come back to this case tomorrow. I don't really mind what the order of lynches is, but I would not like to end this game without either lynching Toledo or getting a very believable explanation/claim from him.

Turning to other major targets - I personally have ~4 players who I think could be scum - it doesn't mean the others can be ruled out, but given we only have 2 shots at this, we have to start narrowing down the field. I don't want to publish all of them yet because I don't want to narrow the field too greatly, but you obviously know a few of them.

Having said that, the other person that I suggest we take a serious look at lynching today is Hockey, for a number of reasons that have been stated in previous threads. However what really shot him to suspect status in my mind was his recent post.

I personally found his latest post utterly unconvincing. I'll go through it in a little detail, because I think it's probably one of the important moments in the game.

Firstly, in answering the questions, he is (now) sticking to his 'it's easy for mafia to hide as a newb' justification for the lynch of CJ. It doesn't quite follow from his thinking that CJ is probably town (post 133) and it also doesn't explain the speed iwth which there was a lynch. There was a convinient town lynch just waiting for scum to come along and contribute to, and it looks to me like Hockey did just that.

Next is the following theory:
Hero/Tenchi The Mob Squad (Great name I know ): Anyways, as you'll notice. Hero and Tenchi have been specificaly targetting each other. And has been said before, this doesn't really do much good (Beating a dead horse) Yet the one thing it does do is remove any suspicion of BOTH of them being mafia. And only once has Tenchi gone to L2 because of this. And that was only from a vote from Toledo.
This to me is poor logic indeed. Let's assume they were both scum. If they had constructed their little argument, they would almost certainly have gotten one of them lynched today (If I hadn't replaced in that was looking almost certain, I think it's fair to say.) That means that you would be pretty assured that the non-lynched one was town. But then there is night, then another lynch and another night. So
why didn't that person die??
Say Tenchi got lynched and flipped scum, everyone thinks Hero is town - then he isn't killed by mafia 2 nights in a row - it makes no sense. Hero is essentially the only confirmed town person, yet he keeps living. I would find that highly worrying, and in a 3 man lylo, I doubt he'd find a win. In addition - that plan is instantly foiled by a cop, and definitely hurt by a doc. When scum put their buddies at risk early on in the game, it's very hard to win.

Again - anything is possible, but at a time where we need ot make some hard decisions, that's an easy one - tha'ts so unlikely to be true it's not worth considering, in my opinion. I think this theory is garbage designed to keep us guessing.

His reasoning about how they have only ever been at L-2 is dodgy reasoning as well - as I said earlier, I think had I not replaced in a lynch of one or the other was highly likely. Simply because the votes hadn't been placed yet didn't matter, there were only 2 real suspects. They placed each other in serious danger.

Also he mentions a vote from Toledo in what seems like an irrelevent post. I believe kiku also highly suspected Tenchi. This is only a minor point and could be nothing, but given I find Toledo scummy I wonder if this is an attempt to try to salvage Toledo's reputation a little. Note that Hockey is one of the few people not starting to suspect Toledo or question things like the rolefishing.
I think Serial mentioned that I've only been popping in when my name has been read, and only to defend myself. I think its pretty natural for me to do that (defending myself atleast) and I think its also a lot more pro-town then Tenchi defending himself and simultaneously attacking Hero.
I disagree entirely. There are two points here. The first is the desire to defnd yourself is fine - the
timing
of the defense is suspicious. Hockey has made about 10 posts out of the last 200, and each of them consists of a direct response to Hero's questions/attacks and that is it. No scum hunting, no discussion of the game state or other players, or taking a side in the HvT debate. He just watched and waited then defended himself every now and then. He also wasn't inactive - he defended himself quickly when attacked. That means he was paying attention, just rarely posted. That is a scum tell to me, I don't like that sort of player, I think it's not pro-town at all.

The second issue with that quote is saying that it's more pro-town than defnding yourself AND attacking Hero. I completley disagree. If you attack Hero for no reason, then maybe that's true, but at least Tenchi had some form of a case to make and genuinely seems to believe Hero is scum. That may or may not be the case, but just by creating debate and trying to reason out a case, he is creating more information for the town. It also means there's more likely to be a slipup if either he or Hero was scum, which is another pro-town advantage. Now, I happen to think Tenchi is still pretty scummy and I think his case is relatively weak, but I do 100% believe it is much better than passively defending yourself and going back to active lurking.
I know that its been mentioned multiple times that I could be scum with Toledo. Yet I'm not even sure why toledo is being suspected in the first place? Has he said something in D2 thatI've missed? Because I didn't notice anything in Day one.
I think surely there's been enough talk about odd defences, role-fishing and his support of the CJ lynch post-lynch that you couldn't have missed some scummyness coming from Toledo. Kiku, myself, Hero and Tenchi's recent analysis have all found some form of fault or suspicion with Toledo, often with a fair amount of detail. I also called for his lynch and voted him with a list of reasons and suspicious posts in my first major analysis summary post, a pretty prominent post. This seems like an attempt to both distance yourself from Toledo and at the same time clear him of suspicion, both of which are far from successful in my eyes.
I also think feeres brings up an excelent point.

Feeres wrote:
For some reason, you are quick to announce Kiku as very townie, when she has failed to address the large movements and just sniped at minor details IMO. No attacks have been made against her and she seems to actively hunt these logical inconsistencies, but I'm not convinced that she wouldn't be scum who just lets minor slips of her scumbuddy to go by if those would happen.

Finally, this point is relatively weak. For one, it is reasoning through others, which is a pet hate of mine. If you feel that they have a point, look at the posts in detail and find a reason to agree. He's listed no examples of where that's an issue, where kiku has done anything scummy or why he feels the issues she has brought up so far have been scummy. It's just a red herring thrown in that to me seems purely designed to throw us off the scent.

So - that's my analysis of Hockey's latest post.

After reading that and thinking about it, in conjuction with the other issues of the quicklynch, I think that Hockey is a deserving lynch today. We've had a lot of analysis from a lot of players ABOUT a lot of players, and that will definitely give any power roles we might have something to go on. We know the sort of players we as a group find scummy and why. We are getting mounting evidence on the scummiest amongst us and our decisions can be more and more informed. I think the last few days of discussion have really got us onto the right track. But I also think it's time to work out a lynch.

My two main suspects are Hockey and Toledo and I think it is possible now that they are actually scum together, based on their recent posts. There seems to be slightly more impetus for suspecting Hockey at the moment, and I think it kills two birds with one stone. I think a lynch of Hockey will give us a lynch on one of the scummiest players and maybe lead us to his buddy in Toledo, but it will also give us valuable information about a possible scumteam of Tenchi/Hockey with the quicklynch on CJ as well. If he were to flip town, we have a lot of analysis to dig through to work out where our reasoning went wrong and who our most likely lynch for a lylo D3 is. If he flips scum, then we can focus directly on Toledo or possibly Tenchi or whoever else we see a connection with and we can go from there.

So while I would still be up for a Toledo vote, and I still think he's very scummy, I think that Hockey has superceeded him and become the most scummy player, and I think his lynch would give more information to the town.

So, after that essay, I'll
unvote: Toledo, vote Hockeyruler

By all means lets continue the discussion if people still have some issues, and perhaps Hockey might like to claim, but essentially, I'm pretty much ready to hammer.
I'm old now.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Feeres »

I am still thinking whether lynching Toledo or Hockey would be more useful, but I'm willing to go with the town consensus on which one is better target. If a Toledo+Hockey scum team makes sense, and there is a possibility of a Tenchi+Hockey scum team as well, then yes, I'd agree that it is the best bet to lynch Hockey. I won't unvote/vote until others have had their say though.

And yes, my questions were mostly useful for me. Based on them, I'd be modifying my suspect list to something like Toledo and Hockey being very likely scum, mostly leaning town: Hero and Tenchi, finally kiku and Serial are probably town.
Hero764
Hero764
Goon
Hero764
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Hero764 »

This to me is poor logic indeed. Let's assume they were both scum. If they had constructed their little argument, they would almost certainly have gotten one of them lynched today (If I hadn't replaced in that was looking almost certain, I think it's fair to say.) That means that you would be pretty assured that the non-lynched one was town. But then there is night, then another lynch and another night. So why didn't that person die?? Say Tenchi got lynched and flipped scum, everyone thinks Hero is town - then he isn't killed by mafia 2 nights in a row - it makes no sense. Hero is essentially the only confirmed town person, yet he keeps living. I would find that highly worrying, and in a 3 man lylo, I doubt he'd find a win. In addition - that plan is instantly foiled by a cop, and definitely hurt by a doc. When scum put their buddies at risk early on in the game, it's very hard to win.
I think you misinterpreted the post you quoted, because it seems to me you actually agree with his logic here :D.
To Hero, some answers to his questions.
Question #1: Stepping on your toes as in he is trying to provoke you in to saying something which would make you suspicious.
Yes I think he was trying to do that. I'm not going to hold that against him though.

Question #5: Other people have pointed out that I have a contradiction in my posts, I do not understand what the contradiction is, therefore I wanted to know if you noticed such or not.
I didn't.

Question #6: You say that lynching CJ was partly your fault, do you mean that it was partly your fault because you voted for him or is there something more than that?
Just because I voted for him.

Question #11: I'm referring to you saying that he ignored half of your post, in your opinion, did he ever deal with these inconsistencies you pointed out?
I forget. =/ I don't think so.

Question #12: It's a statement you make in post 174, that there is usually discussion when someone is put at L-1. Earlier though, you said you would have unvoted CJ when he was put at L-1 but you were too slow. It's connected to my earlier question about your opinion if CJ would answer better at L-1 than L-2, that if you agree that someone answers to questions better when they are at dire danger of being lynched, they would actually take the time to respond properly. It's a question which was raised by this post, because if someone puts a person at L-1, woul0d he be right in not expecting a hammer coming but instead there being bunch of discussion, especially that early in to the game?
It's complicated. hockeyruler was fine with the lynch(as he stated and his L-1 says), but there was probably going to be discussion anyways. I was saying it was irresponsible of Tenchi to hammer without giving anyone a chance to voice their opinion or even CJMiller to defend himself. Normally he would be pressured into defending him self more, and Tenchi should've at least given him the chance.
Question #13: I was meaning that do you think you are focusing enough on Tenchi, while not ignoring other people while doing so? Or in other words, are you giving enough attention to other players' scummy actions as well in your opinion?
Probably not, with the exception of hockey.

Question #18: The point was, if I randomly said that I investigated Tenchi and found him scum, then I'd be killed and turn up town, would you suspect Tenchi as being scum because of that?
If you didn't turn up cop then no...

Question #19: This question might be because of my differing views on the L-1 situation. In your opinion if you put someone at L-1, it means that you agree that he is lynched, while I see it more as a way to pressure someone as much as possible. So disregard that question.
Ok.
Answers to Feeres.
Show

Hockeyruler
Hockeyruler
Townie
Hockeyruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Hockeyruler »

kikuchiyo wrote:
Tenchi wrote:KIKUCHIYO: She's a bit jumpy on small things, but that could go either way. Start checking if she comes up with BS cases (the first Feeres case I felt was bad).
Hm. Maybe they are small things. Sorry guys, but I think I have been pointing out important inconsistencies. Feeres' random FoS was suspicious. Toledo rolefished and somehow tried to paint Feeres as "not suspicious"(I still don't understand why).
hockey wrote:I also think feeres brings up an excelent point.
Feeres wrote:

I hope not too many posts occur before I get back
So why don't you?
FoS: Hockeyruler.
This is your scummiest post yet. This seems to me to be an attempt to deflect suspicion as opposed to defending yourself. In all seriousness, if you guys agree on the fact that I have been focusing on "minor" inconsistencies then I would appreciate a list of some sort. I don't find "rolefishing" to be "minor", nor do I find a premature hammer to be "minor", nor do i find someone clumsily explaining a "random FoS" to be "minor" nor do I find one player drawing suspicion off of another player at the start of a day with little to no reasoning to be "minor".
I am pursuing it! I wanted to get other people's reactions to it and see what they think. As you can also see, earlier in the post I had said I was running out of time. You always seem to jump into the arguement to agree on something but never actually say anything new except with the arguement with feeres. Its just looks like you've been lurking and only replying to agree or to defend yourself. And this whole post that you've said is essentialy just you defending yourself.

Feeres wrote: To Hockey, in post 97 you say you didn't even see Kiku's post before you posted yours. Do you use preview or somehow check what has been said in the thread before you post it?

---

What Hockey's post brings to my mind is that he is being a bit dodgy at times, giving these implying analyses to things. Especially, as Kiku has pointed out, the reply to my thing about Kiku's towniness feels like this. What is there to pursue in this statement?
I do use preview, but that doesn't mean that I checked underneath. I didn't really expect any replies that fast.

I've given more detail on Kiku's posts above.
Serial wrote:This to me is poor logic indeed. Let's assume they were both scum. If they had constructed their little argument, they would almost certainly have gotten one of them lynched today (If I hadn't replaced in that was looking almost certain, I think it's fair to say.) That means that you would be pretty assured that the non-lynched one was town. But then there is night, then another lynch and another night. So why didn't that person die?? Say Tenchi got lynched and flipped scum, everyone thinks Hero is town - then he isn't killed by mafia 2 nights in a row - it makes no sense. Hero is essentially the only confirmed town person, yet he keeps living. I would find that highly worrying, and in a 3 man lylo, I doubt he'd find a win. In addition - that plan is instantly foiled by a cop, and definitely hurt by a doc. When scum put their buddies at risk early on in the game, it's very hard to win.
I'm going to have to disagree. They'd been arguing for a quite a while now and nobody really has shown interest except each other, and Toledo. I do agree that overall it doesn't sound very safe, but if they got suspicion off of each other then had the lynch, the result of the lynch would determine who was suspected. And since they would probably be controlling it, they would know who is suspected. And now since as it seems, I'm going to be lynched or Toledo, that would mean the other will PROBABLY get the investigate by the cop (if we have one).
Serial wrote: I disagree entirely. There are two points here. The first is the desire to defnd yourself is fine - the timing of the defense is suspicious. Hockey has made about 10 posts out of the last 200, and each of them consists of a direct response to Hero's questions/attacks and that is it. No scum hunting, no discussion of the game state or other players, or taking a side in the HvT debate. He just watched and waited then defended himself every now and then. He also wasn't inactive - he defended himself quickly when attacked. That means he was paying attention, just rarely posted. That is a scum tell to me, I don't like that sort of player, I think it's not pro-town at all.
If I have defended myself fast it was only by coincidence. And I don't really think that I have. I have been trying to be more active after about a week or 2 of only posting several times. And what you have to also consider is that Tenchi/Hero have been filling the board with their arguement, which is really mostly back and forth and aside from posts of "This isn't helping" there isn't much to say.

I would reply to the Toledo thing but I have to leave now. Maybe in... 4 hours? Or not at all... :(
[i][color=#8A4117]Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation[/color][/i]
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Hero764 wrote:
This to me is poor logic indeed. Let's assume they were both scum. If they had constructed their little argument, they would almost certainly have gotten one of them lynched today (If I hadn't replaced in that was looking almost certain, I think it's fair to say.) That means that you would be pretty assured that the non-lynched one was town. But then there is night, then another lynch and another night. So why didn't that person die?? Say Tenchi got lynched and flipped scum, everyone thinks Hero is town - then he isn't killed by mafia 2 nights in a row - it makes no sense. Hero is essentially the only confirmed town person, yet he keeps living. I would find that highly worrying, and in a 3 man lylo, I doubt he'd find a win. In addition - that plan is instantly foiled by a cop, and definitely hurt by a doc. When scum put their buddies at risk early on in the game, it's very hard to win.
I think you misinterpreted the post you quoted, because it seems to me you actually agree with his logic here :D.
I don't think so - have another look. Also have a look at Hockey's most recent post where he interprets what I said how I meant.

His original post was saying that there was a possibility you and Tenchi were scum together in an elbaroate plan to get rid of suspicion that BOTH of you were scum and so sail home.

The paragraph you quoted from me was saying that that idea is rubbish, would never work and even suggesting it was just a distraction from the real issues at hand.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 pm

EBWOP

Looking back at what I quoted, I think I can see the confusion. Perhaps I should have quoted more.
Hockey wrote:I've really tried to read up on all these posts, but I think its probable I'm missing something. Anyways, heres an idea that I was thinking of...

Hero/Tenchi The Mob Squad (Great name I know ): Anyways, as you'll notice. Hero and Tenchi have been specificaly targetting each other. And has been said before, this doesn't really do much good (Beating a dead horse) Yet the one thing it does do is remove any suspicion of BOTH of them being mafia. And only once has Tenchi gone to L2 because of this. And that was only from a vote from Toledo. However the downsides to this theory are: L2 is pretty serious, they haven't really done anything else, so while it would make them both look innocent as a scum team, they aren't getting any innocent people killed. And the main problem I have is that Tenchi is constantly giving bad reasons for Hero in a sort of defense of himself.
Hockey is raising the idea that maybe Tenchi and Hero are scumbuddies. To me this highly unlikely for the reasons listed above and I find it scummy because it's another spanner in the works, another distraction just as we seem to be making some progress.
I'm old now.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Tenchi »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Vel-Rahn - I think he expected the deadline to be earlier than it actually is - please correct me if I'm mistaken Tenchi.

We've had a lot to talk about since I replaced in, but I think it's heading towards a decision -
maybe if we're still in limbo a day or two out we could talk about an extension then?
I was asking a deadline extension on the grounds of what I underlined.

I actually want to hear more from Toledo and Hockey right now.

Will read later.

kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Hockey is raising the idea that maybe Tenchi and Hero are scumbuddies. To me this highly unlikely for the reasons listed above and I find it scummy because it's another spanner in the works, another distraction just as we seem to be making some progress.
I agree that Hero/Tenchi seems unlikely. It seems as though Hockey has gotten to the point of simply tossing out suspicions with little evidence to back it up. Toledo/Hockey is plausible due to their behaviors and conspicuous placement on the day 1 bandwagon. Hockey seems more obvious scum right now, but that may be because Toledo has gone quiet. I am more inclined to vote Hockey of the two for reasons I can share later, but if Toledo has something more to say I suggest they come out and say it. I am still suspicious of Feeres, I don't like the "I'll leave it up to town" post. It is a good way to absolve yourself of responsibility if today's lynch flips town. If we are deciding between Toledo and Hockey, I would like a more concrete answer from Feeres as to who should go first.
Feeres
Feeres
Goon
Feeres
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:45 am

Post by Feeres »

kikuchiyo wrote:Toledo/Hockey is plausible due to their behaviors and conspicuous placement on the day 1 bandwagon. Hockey seems more obvious scum right now, but that may be because Toledo has gone quiet
What's conspicuous about Toledo/Hockey day 1 placements in the bandwagon? I'd say that the common "3rd on bandwagon" tell applies to Toledo, but what's the thing with Hockey's vote? In my opinion his vote or placement of the vote was justified when he eventually gave the reasons for it.
kikuchiyo wrote:I am still suspicious of Feeres, I don't like the "I'll leave it up to town" post. It is a good way to absolve yourself of responsibility if today's lynch flips town. If we are deciding between Toledo and Hockey, I would like a more concrete answer from Feeres as to who should go first.
Suspicious because of that? Uh, ok. As you can see now, I am thinking that Toledo should go first. I see that the case towards both Hockey and Toledo is similarly strong, yet Hockey has been more suspicious lately while Toledo has been quiet. I have been strongly suspicious of Toledo for some time now, that's why I voted for him instead of Hockey.

Town consensus means that if people feel Hockey should go first, I don't see a problem with it. If Toledo goes first, I don't see problem with it either. Both are at the bottom of my scum list, so I don't have much intention to save one or the other. But before I make a choice that I want to lynch Hockey first, I want to hear more from other people.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”