Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Wolf »

Confirmed.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:22 am

Post by Wolf »

Well, just to get the ball rolling.
Vote delathi
, I mean look at his avatar. Evil personified.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:35 am

Post by Wolf »

delathi wrote: Now the big question is do I edit it out, does that make me look suspicious? If I don't edit it out, does that make me look suspicious?
Mind games already? I smell a scum!
IGMEOY
... :lol:
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Wolf »

Korlash wrote:Also for being such an incredibly handsome dude...
Usually I advocate lynching all liars, but since its day 1 I'll let it slip... This time. 8-)
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Wolf »

delathi wrote: Well, mind games against myself maybe.
Ah ha! So you admit to playing mind games! Why would you do that if you're pro-town? Confusion is arguably the best weapon for mafias! My suspicion of you is growing by the minute...
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:12 am

Post by Wolf »

Also, delathi is the only name not bolded on the 1st post. If that isn't a scumtell, I don't know what is.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Wolf »

Korlash wrote:There is such a thing as WIFOMing the mafia.
WIFOM arguments are often a scum tactic, or so the MafiaWiki wrote. Why are you defending him? I smell an accomplice!
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Wolf »

Sorry, I don't understand. Why did you quote that post and voted for me?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Wolf »

Sorry guys, the timezone in my area is GMT +8, so I'll be posting at weird times compared to you guys.
Porkens wrote:
vote: Wolf

Claim, please.
I'm not convinced by your reason to put me (or anyone) at L -1 at this stage of the game. Its obvious what you're trying to do! Of couse the accused is gonna claim town in this situation, regardless of his allegiance. That being said, I'm town through and through!
Unvote
vote porkens
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Wolf »

Porkens wrote: You don't even know what my reason is.
Of couse I know what you're reason is. You said so yourself!
Porkens wrote: 5. He's at L-1, that's the best reason to ask him to claim.
Thats your reason, which I said is not convincing for reasons I already stated.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Wolf »

Oh, and how do I use the quote selected function? When I clicked the button it said to select a text anywhere and try again, but how do I select a text? By highlighting?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Wolf »

Porkens wrote: Yessir. However, I recommend using the quote button on the individual post you want to quote and then copy/pasting as necessary. This automatically put's in all the quote tags and any€ quotes-within-quotes stay intact!
Thanks.
Porkens wrote: Nope, you were not talking about my reason for asking you to claim. See below (bolded):
Do you mean that I got the wrong reason for why you're asking me to claim? If so, whats the correct reason then?
Porkens wrote:Please answer my other questions.
Whats your other question?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by Wolf »

If your other question is what you're trying to do, its because you want to put me in danger-zone so any misunderstanding will result in a poor town getting lynched, since I'm only 1 vote away.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Wolf »

Why are you throwing around bogus and obviously false attacks?
My attacks might be bogus, but I backed them up with reasons!
ou said you were new to mafia. And that you advocate LAL. So either you're advocating something without experience, or...
Indeed, I'm new to mafia, so yes, I'm advocating LAL with no experience whatsoever. What do you mean by or...?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by Wolf »

I mean that in post 57 you said "I'm not convinced by your reason to put me (or anyone) at L -1 at this stage of the game."

But in post 63 you refer to my reason for asking you to claim as what is "obvious."

Meanwhile, you still haven't explained what you think my reasoning (for putting you at L-1) is.
I gave my reasons here,
I'm not convinced by your reason to put me (or anyone) at L -1 at this stage of the game. Its obvious what you're trying to do! Of couse the accused is gonna claim town in this situation, regardless of his allegiance. That being said, I'm town through and through! Unvote, vote porkens.
If your other question is what you're trying to do, its because you want to put me in danger-zone so any misunderstanding will result in a poor town getting lynched, since I'm only 1 vote away.
So, I feel I have fair reasons to suspect you at the moment.
Scummy opening line.
How is that scummy?
OMGUS.
That was not a OMGUS vote, I voted for you because of the same reasons on top.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Wolf »

This is what I think is your true reason for putting me at L -1. Sorry for not being clear earlier.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Wolf »

Korlash, while I am grateful that you're defending me, to my untrained eye it seems that you're trying alittle too hard. An IC should know better, since a town do not know what role others are, you gain nothing by helping me, and it would seem slightly suspicious to others so you could be framing me. I know this comes off as a jerk, so I apologise. I genuinely hope you aren't offended by this, but IGMEOY. Again, I'm sorry.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #81 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:39 pm

Post by Wolf »

Lastly, don't appologize so much. The whole "I hope you aren't offended" thing might fly but cut out the "I'm Sorry" stuff. This is a game of part deception so you don't want to make people think you have a guilty conscience. You definitly don't want people to think your soft either. In this game, litterally, confidence is key. If you project a strong confident image in everything you post the stuff you say will sound better. Hell, you might even get people a little afraid of you which is always good. As with all my adivce you can take it or leave it, I don't care.
Thanks for the advice, I will take note of it.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Wolf »

.. or one of those statements was an outright lie.
I'm assuming by statements you mean the 2 posts where I said I'm new to mafia and I advocate LAL with no experience. Neither are lies, its just that I've read the other games quite a fair bit.
The case against Porkens notwithstanding, it is interesting that Wolf didn't choose the easy way out. It seems to me that a simple townie claim would've taken the wind out of Porkens proverbial sails.
I'm sure a mafia would rather lie low as oppose to posting much to avoid making mistakes. I went the "long" way because I had a case against Porkens, I just find it suspicious putting anyone at L -1 just to make him claim. Why wouldn't anyone claim vanilla town as this stage of the game?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Wolf »

Well, it seems to me that nobody is particularly suspicious at the moment, and while I do have a case against Porkens, it is albeit a weak one, and do not find him scummy enough to be comfortable with him at L -1. He could still very much be town, so I'll
unvote
for the moment.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Wolf »

Oh wait, Porkens was already L -2 prior to my unvote. My bad for not counting, but I see no reason to vote for him again until he does something more suspicous. Actually, I have no case against Porkens right now, because I'm pretty convinced by the post that stated his "true" reasons for putting me at L -1. So in an attempt to get more information, the only thing I can do is
vote Ethan
. Talk, man!
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:01 am

Post by Wolf »

After rereading the thread through, I have a question for Porkens.
Platypus sat on the fence, and then unvoted Ethan for no reason. Scum.
While I understand how you would find Platypus suspicious, the way you phrase the sentence seems to indicate that you are very sure of him being the scum. How can a town be so sure of anything, especially at this stage of the game? I would definitely be more wary, as I'm sure you'll agree that what Platypus did is not
that
big of a scumtell. Care to elaborate?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Wolf »

Platypus_Dude wrote: Wolf: Do you think that voting someone who should be prodded will do anything?
Actually, yes, we don't know if hes really been busy or actually lurking. I've read the other games, and usually its custom to vote for people that post little or lurk often as to get them talking. Only a scum would try and lay-low in a bid to prevent making mistakes. That, and I can't do much else at the moment. I think a player will only be prodded after 72 hours, so he still got like 20.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Wolf »

Sorry mod, Korlash had unvoted for Porkens on post 107

/*
* Fixed. Thanks!
*/
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Wolf »

Korlash wrote: On a side note... what do you guys think we are going to do whent he bodies start piling up? Throw them out the plane? Or just let them sit there? Seems like something we need to plan for. :P
We were never really told if there was food on board, so... :shock:. Corpse on a plane sounds like a cheesy horror film. I'm still waiting for those hot air-stewardess, anytime now.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #25) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by Wolf »

Korlash wrote:I'm Mother freaking tired of these gosh darned mother freaking mafia on this mother freaking plane! grrr...
Hahahahaha.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #26) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Wolf »

Welcome, MordyS. Thats a pretty substantial first post, I like that. Now that Ethan is replaced, we'll never know those "reasons", so my vote is pretty much pointless. My first course of the day is to
unvote
. My question for Porkens was more because of my suspicion rather then defending Platypus, but if thats how you see it, I can't really argue much.
and it will also give some confidence that Wolf and Platypus are not working together.
I do not see how voting for Platypus now will give confidence that we're not scum buddies, as if I were to do so it will only seem as if I'm only doing so to rid suspicion off myself, and I don't like to vote for someone solely base on that. Its like you're pressuring me to either vote for Platypus or I am scum, and it rubs me the wrong way. However, I do realize that not voting is not helping my cause in anyway, so I'll wait for more information before deciding.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #27) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by Wolf »

Porkens and Phelan both voting for him - Wolf did not join in to apply pressure.
Actually, Porkens vote on Platypus was the only vote based on suspicion, Phelan's vote was apparently a random one. Then you voted, and pressured me to vote along, gives me the impression that you want to create some sort of bandwagon and looks very suspicious to me.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #28) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Wolf »

Porkens, you might have missed my question for you on post 130, would you mind checking it out?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by Wolf »

I was trying to point out that his words seemed in contradiction with his actions.
Care to point out where my words seemed in contradiction with my actions?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #30) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Wolf »

I suspect that the scum pairing is likely one of these but am not completely convinced since this analysis goes against my gut #1 suspect.
I see that your vote is still on Ethan/MordyS, so I'm assuming hes your gut #1 suspect? Or have i mistaken?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Wolf »

MordyS wrote:
Korlash 34 Posts - 7690 words (226 wpp)
Wolf 31 posts - 2598 words (84 wpp)
Delathi 30 Posts - 4963 words (165 wpp)
Muzzz 28 Posts - 4189 words (149 wpp)
Porkens 25 posts - 4839 words (194 wpp)
Mordy 24 Posts - 5651 words (235 wpp)
Platypus 21 posts - 2511 words (119 wpp)
Archaist 11 posts - 1678 words (153 wpp)
Phelan 10 posts - 1512 words (151 wpp)
Wow, did you actually went and count the words off our post 1 by 1? That's pretty hardcore. Anyway, what a damning statistic, but if you checked, most of my posts are usually right after another. I can easily fit them into 1 post if I wanted, and as a result get a higher wpp, but I'm the kind of person that writes whatever is in my head straight-away, and then make another post whenever something else pops into my head. Sorry for not posting lately, I guess long games aren't really my cup of tea and my interest is fading, but I'll give my all in this game at the very least.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Wolf »

delathi wrote: Wolf : Hostile towards : MordyS, Porkins, Korlash, Delathi - Questioning towards : muzzz
IF Wolf is scum or town, it is likely that Platypus_Dude, Archaist or Phelan is also.
I'm surprised you found me hostile. My attacks on you were during the RVS, surely you could tell they were made out of jest?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Wolf »

@muzz, I posted a question for you at post 197, perhaps you missed it, my bad I didn't quote properly. I'll post it here again to save you the hassle of turning back.
muzzz wrote: I was trying to point out that his words seemed in contradiction with his actions.
Care to point out where my words seemed in contradiction with my actions?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Wolf »

muzzz wrote: Unless I gravely misunderstood your post, you were suggesting that anyone would claim vanilla townie. Yet you didn't. That was the contradiction I tried to point out.
Yes, I feel that anyone would claim vanilla townie right now, which is why I didn't claim as I don't see the point. But after thinking it through, since it didn't mattered, why not? So if it helps you sleep better, I'm a vanilla town.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Wolf »

muzzz wrote: @Wolf: *facepalm*. I found your initial explanation sufficient. It was only under discussion again because Platypus quoted me out of context, and then MordyS started wondering if I wanted you to claim. Which I didn't. I thought I had been explicit about that.
Ah my bad, I didn't read it through properly.
Platypus_Dude wrote:Wolf: There's no reason to claim. You yourself said it didn't matter.
Yeah sorry, I misread and thought I was attacked for not claiming again. I got frustated for nothing, silly me.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (isolation #36) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Wolf »

Porkens wrote:
Wolf wrote:
muzzz wrote: Unless I gravely misunderstood your post, you were suggesting that anyone would claim vanilla townie. Yet you didn't. That was the contradiction I tried to point out.
Yes, I feel that anyone would claim vanilla townie right now, which is why I didn't claim as I don't see the point. But after thinking it through, since it didn't mattered, why not? So if it helps you sleep better, I'm a vanilla town.
You
did
claim. You claimed vanilla townie. Were you lying?
I assume the part where you said I already claimed was the following post.
Wolf wrote:That being said, I'm town through and through!
Yes, I did claim town, but prior to post 240 I didn't explictly claimed vanilla town. So no, I wasn't lying (I don't see how I'm lying even if I did a claim vanilla town prior to post 240).
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (isolation #37) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Wolf »

muzzz wrote: Who is your current #1 suspect?
Why is he suspicious?
Why are you not voting for him?
My current #1 suspect is MordyS, for reasons I already gave below.
Wolf wrote:
and it will also give some confidence that Wolf and Platypus are not working together.
I do not see how voting for Platypus now will give confidence that we're not scum buddies, as if I were to do so it will only seem as if I'm only doing so to rid suspicion off myself, and I don't like to vote for someone solely base on that. Its like you're pressuring me to either vote for Platypus or I am scum, and it rubs me the wrong way.
Wolf wrote:
Porkens and Phelan both voting for him - Wolf did not join in to apply pressure.
Actually, Porkens vote on Platypus was the only vote based on suspicion, Phelan's vote was apparently a random one. Then you voted, and pressured me to vote along, gives me the impression that you want to create some sort of bandwagon and looks very suspicious to me.
He hasn't done anything to cleared those suspicions of mine yet. Why aren't I voting for him yet? Aside from those points, I don't spot anything scummy from him, and there seems to be an attack on delathi which I haven't read the reasonings behind them yet, if I agree with them delathi could be my #1 suspect instead. Theres still 12 days away from the deadline, plenty of time for more scumtell to happen.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Post by Wolf »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
Wolf wrote:there seems to be an attack on delathi which I haven't read the reasonings behind them yet, if I agree with them delathi could be my #1 suspect instead.
You haven't read the reasons behind the attack, but you're already saying he could be your new #1 suspect?
Sorry for not making myself clear enough. I meant that
when
I read the reasons,
if
I agree with them and find delathi
even
more scummy,
then
he will be my #1 suspect.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”