Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:38 am

Post by muzzz »

Korlash wrote:I got nothing... bad Korlash... go sit in the corner... Anyone who knows me knows the last thing I ever want to do is lurk, or active lurk, or not post so... just bare with me... I bounce back... I really do...
Don't sweat it. You're doing better than quite a few others. Particularly, the following 4 (!) people haven't posted for over 30 hours.

Code: Select all

Phelan      Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:39 am
Archaist    Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:30 am
Wolf        Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:38 am
Porkens     Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:37 am

I know it's almost Easter, and all that. But please, folks, try to keep up the pace.
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:49 am

Post by delathi »

korlash, my thinking is that a single pairing, only trusted by one person, is more likely to be a scum pair. More trust does not guarantee innocense, you could be a good liar, but it trends that way.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:31 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Korlash: I don't recall you voting yourself as town in NG 700. Could you provide another example?
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:37 am

Post by Porkens »

Muzzz wrote:Don't sweat it. You're doing better than quite a few others. Particularly, the following 4 (!) people haven't posted for over 30 hours.
Sorry, Muzzz.
Platy wrote: Is saying some people hadn't posted yet some sort of scumtell I'm not aware of?
You mentioned yourself and two others in one sentence. This looked to me like an attempt to compare/link together what you've all been doing. Subtle, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Platy wrote: Korlash: I don't recall you voting yourself as town in NG 700. Could you provide another example?
I usually hate putting stock in meta, but I'd like this question answered, as well. Expecially since Kor used it as a defense in the first place.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Korlash »

Plat wrote:Korlash: I don't recall you voting yourself as town in NG 700. Could you provide another example?
That's because I was a replacement. Um... Try... 726. I self voted as scum in Deathnote and Rat race I believe. And every game I am currently in that I started in I also self voted.
porkens wrote:I usually hate putting stock in meta, but I'd like this question answered, as well. Expecially since Kor used it as a defense in the first place.
Say what you want about meta but search every game I am in right now and I should have self voted in my first real post every time.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Porkens »

Blech on self-built meta!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Korlash »

The only meta you can trust is self-built one. All others are outsourced and you know they cut corners over there...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:09 am

Post by MordyS »

Muzzz's schemata inspired me to calculate one myself. It's the number of posts, the number of words (loosely, but consistently calculated - ie: includes signatures + quotes + webpage text, but does so for everyone), and the avg words per post # (the higher the #, obv, the more verbose the posts). If Mafia stand to gain from lying low, it will indicate those who have contributed the least. Moreso, at least for me, it will help weigh my votes -- both to encourage the quiet to come forward and because a non-contributing player is a better lynch target for the first day, it seems to me, than a highly contributing one.
Korlash 34 Posts - 7690 words (226 wpp)
Wolf 31 posts - 2598 words (84 wpp)
Delathi 30 Posts - 4963 words (165 wpp)
Muzzz 28 Posts - 4189 words (149 wpp)
Porkens 25 posts - 4839 words (194 wpp)
Mordy 24 Posts - 5651 words (235 wpp)
Platypus 21 posts - 2511 words (119 wpp)
Archaist 11 posts - 1678 words (153 wpp)
Phelan 10 posts - 1512 words (151 wpp)
While it's clear that Archaist and Phelan have fallen way behind the other players (in both # of posts and words written), I think it's notable that Wolf has a tremendously low words-per-post number compared to everyone else. (Platypus has the second lowest.) If a Mafia member were trying to post frequently to assuage suspicion, but still didn't want to give too much away, posting very little over a large period might suffice to give the illusion of activity, but without accidently giving away tells.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 am

Post by Wolf »

MordyS wrote:
Korlash 34 Posts - 7690 words (226 wpp)
Wolf 31 posts - 2598 words (84 wpp)
Delathi 30 Posts - 4963 words (165 wpp)
Muzzz 28 Posts - 4189 words (149 wpp)
Porkens 25 posts - 4839 words (194 wpp)
Mordy 24 Posts - 5651 words (235 wpp)
Platypus 21 posts - 2511 words (119 wpp)
Archaist 11 posts - 1678 words (153 wpp)
Phelan 10 posts - 1512 words (151 wpp)
Wow, did you actually went and count the words off our post 1 by 1? That's pretty hardcore. Anyway, what a damning statistic, but if you checked, most of my posts are usually right after another. I can easily fit them into 1 post if I wanted, and as a result get a higher wpp, but I'm the kind of person that writes whatever is in my head straight-away, and then make another post whenever something else pops into my head. Sorry for not posting lately, I guess long games aren't really my cup of tea and my interest is fading, but I'll give my all in this game at the very least.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:39 am

Post by Wolf »

delathi wrote: Wolf : Hostile towards : MordyS, Porkins, Korlash, Delathi - Questioning towards : muzzz
IF Wolf is scum or town, it is likely that Platypus_Dude, Archaist or Phelan is also.
I'm surprised you found me hostile. My attacks on you were during the RVS, surely you could tell they were made out of jest?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Wolf »

@muzz, I posted a question for you at post 197, perhaps you missed it, my bad I didn't quote properly. I'll post it here again to save you the hassle of turning back.
muzzz wrote: I was trying to point out that his words seemed in contradiction with his actions.
Care to point out where my words seemed in contradiction with my actions?
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:58 am

Post by muzzz »

Wolf wrote:Care to point out where my words seemed in contradiction with my actions?
muzzz wrote:
Wolf wrote: [...] Why wouldn't anyone claim vanilla town as this stage of the game?
[...] And since you haven't claimed vanilla townie, why don't you give us your answer to that question?
Unless I gravely misunderstood your post, you were suggesting that anyone would claim vanilla townie. Yet you didn't. That was the contradiction I tried to point out.

muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:11 am

Post by muzzz »

If anyone notices the HR above: accident

And it's time for another round of Questioning Questions, with four new contestants. In this round, each contestant will have to answer the same three questions. Platypus_Dude, Archaist, Korlash, and Wolf:

Who is your current #1 suspect?
Why is he suspicious?
Why are you not voting for him?
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

1. Delathi
2. I've said why, and he's been talking back and forth with people, but hasn't done a lot of scumhunting questioning wise.
3. I don't have enough suspicion of him.

Muzzz: Why do you want to know the answers to these questions?
MordyS wrote:Platypus 21 posts - 2511 words (119 wpp)
I generally look at content more than statistics.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Korlash »

1) No one is in a solo #1 lead. This is probably because of the lack of activity I've had in this game for the last two days.
2) I suppose it's his shoes...
3) Have I made a case on him? Have I attacked him? have I shown any justification to vote him? If not, it should be obvious.

Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Wolf »

muzzz wrote: Unless I gravely misunderstood your post, you were suggesting that anyone would claim vanilla townie. Yet you didn't. That was the contradiction I tried to point out.
Yes, I feel that anyone would claim vanilla townie right now, which is why I didn't claim as I don't see the point. But after thinking it through, since it didn't mattered, why not? So if it helps you sleep better, I'm a vanilla town.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:47 am

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:1. Delathi
2. I've said why, and he's been talking back and forth with people, but hasn't done a lot of scumhunting questioning wise.
3. I don't have enough suspicion of him.

Muzzz: Why do you want to know the answers to these questions?
There are dozens of reasons. Or at least, quite a few. But the most important one was to collect your primary cases. Aside from the convenience factor, I think it also helps to prevent accusation-by-repetition.

@Wolf: *facepalm*. I found your initial explanation sufficient. It was only under discussion again because Platypus quoted me out of context, and then MordyS started wondering if I wanted you to claim. Which I didn't. I thought I had been explicit about that.

@Korlash: if you
had
voted someone based on their shoes, I might wonder if you weren't secretly a woman. :wink:. But seriously, you said you didn't have a "solo #1". That seems to imply that you have a few suspects currently tied for the lead. Who are they, and why?
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:49 am

Post by muzzz »

EBWOP: I should probably be explicit about this, even though it seems obvious from my perspective. Another major reason for asking those questions was simply to generate discussion.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:55 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Muzzz wrote:It was only under discussion again because Platypus quoted me out of context,
I misread your post. It had nothing to do with misquoting.

Wolf: There's no reason to claim. You yourself said it didn't matter.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:10 am

Post by muzzz »

Platypus_Dude wrote:I misread your post. It had nothing to do with misquoting.
That quote made mention of "that question". And you forgot to include the parts which explained what "that question" was. Hence, you quoted me out of context. This isn't up for argument: it's an observable fact. The only thing you could possibly argue is not having been aware of the context's relevance.

Assuming it was indeed ignorance, and not malice, that made you do bad: take a lesson from this. Be careful how you quote things. Try to make sure that people get the correct points. Don't count on others to dig up the original context themselves. But most of all: don't just tag a quote as suspicious and move on. Explain why you brought it up. That prevents others from wasting their time misinterpreting the quote. And it prevents me from thinking you might be a scummy manipulator.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Porkens »

Wolf wrote:
muzzz wrote: Unless I gravely misunderstood your post, you were suggesting that anyone would claim vanilla townie. Yet you didn't. That was the contradiction I tried to point out.
Yes, I feel that anyone would claim vanilla townie right now, which is why I didn't claim as I don't see the point. But after thinking it through, since it didn't mattered, why not? So if it helps you sleep better, I'm a vanilla town.
You
did
claim. You claimed vanilla townie. Were you lying?
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Wolf »

muzzz wrote: @Wolf: *facepalm*. I found your initial explanation sufficient. It was only under discussion again because Platypus quoted me out of context, and then MordyS started wondering if I wanted you to claim. Which I didn't. I thought I had been explicit about that.
Ah my bad, I didn't read it through properly.
Platypus_Dude wrote:Wolf: There's no reason to claim. You yourself said it didn't matter.
Yeah sorry, I misread and thought I was attacked for not claiming again. I got frustated for nothing, silly me.
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Wolf »

Porkens wrote:
Wolf wrote:
You
did
claim. You claimed vanilla townie. Were you lying?
I assume the part where you said I already claimed was the following post.
Wolf wrote:That being said, I'm town through and through!
Yes, I did claim town, but prior to post 240 I didn't explictly claimed vanilla town. So no, I wasn't lying (I don't see how I'm lying even if I did a claim vanilla town prior to post 240).
Wolf
Wolf
Townie
Wolf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Wolf »

muzzz wrote: Who is your current #1 suspect?
Why is he suspicious?
Why are you not voting for him?
My current #1 suspect is MordyS, for reasons I already gave below.
Wolf wrote:
and it will also give some confidence that Wolf and Platypus are not working together.
I do not see how voting for Platypus now will give confidence that we're not scum buddies, as if I were to do so it will only seem as if I'm only doing so to rid suspicion off myself, and I don't like to vote for someone solely base on that. Its like you're pressuring me to either vote for Platypus or I am scum, and it rubs me the wrong way.
Wolf wrote:
Porkens and Phelan both voting for him - Wolf did not join in to apply pressure.
Actually, Porkens vote on Platypus was the only vote based on suspicion, Phelan's vote was apparently a random one. Then you voted, and pressured me to vote along, gives me the impression that you want to create some sort of bandwagon and looks very suspicious to me.
He hasn't done anything to cleared those suspicions of mine yet. Why aren't I voting for him yet? Aside from those points, I don't spot anything scummy from him, and there seems to be an attack on delathi which I haven't read the reasonings behind them yet, if I agree with them delathi could be my #1 suspect instead. Theres still 12 days away from the deadline, plenty of time for more scumtell to happen.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Muzzz wrote:And since you haven't claimed vanilla townie, why don't you give us your answer to that question?
I read this as, "You haven't fullclaimed. Fullclaim now." which has nothing to do with the question in the quote, so I didn't post it. Even if I was scum, I wouldn't misquote. I attacked someone for it in my last game as well.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”