Mini 707: Cops and Robbers Mafia (Game Over)

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:05 am

Post by Empking »

Fuzzyman wrote:
Empking wrote: GC strawmans a lot. Nobody has denied or contested that. The fact that I find this behavior scummy is not reachy
Read the couple of pages right after your replacing in.
Nobody has contested his recent Starmanning, though.
FM protects GC a lot. Again not contested. Again not reachy.
I'll protect anybody that I think is worth protecting. In this case, that person is GC.
Doesn't make it any less scummy.
GC was voting Myk despite not considering him in his top three. Not reachy.
Actually, I'm not sure that we know his entire top three, only that Mizzy and I are in it.
My mistake.

GC; Who is the other member of your top three?
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:05 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Fuzzyman wrote:
Empking wrote: GC was voting Myk despite not considering him in his top three. Not reachy.
Actually, I'm not sure that we know his entire top three, only that Mizzy and I are in it.
...Fuzzy you realize that statement is really dumb. We know his entire top three...Emp, Mizzy, and yourself....1, 2, 3...

Now what we don't know is his entire scum list top to bottom. Which doesn't concern me at the moment.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:46 am

Post by q21 »

Empking wrote: He has three defenses.

1. He wasn't the driving force of the Simpor lynch. This is obviously a strawman.

2. Arguing that my case against him was for the Simpor thing. Again a Strawman.
You're case against GC is based on him not helping the town. When asked you categorised this as:
Empking wrote:We know who isn't helping. The person who's only target is the (confirmed) Pro-town Simpor.
From this statement its quite obvious where people get points 1 and 2 from - so no, I don't think they're strawmen. Also, just because Simpr is GC's only target that got lynched, doesn't mean he was GC's only ever target.

Also, lets not ignore how scummy this post is, regardless of who its aimed at.
Empking wrote:3. I'm making .a case out of nothing. Completely unbacked up without evidence
Thanks for pointing that out, since I don't remember you ever coherently stating your reasons for suspecting GC.
Empking wrote:The case against me is that I had someone I thought was scummy, before December the 21st.
Some other things I don't like.

Your arguing with GC has its roots in your second post (334). You go back and forth a few times trying to actually argue your point until post 345 where you claim he "strawmanned the original argument". Generally one claims they're being strawmanned as soon as it happens. It appears to me that you took the easy out once you realised that there was no way you could out argue GC.

Originally you claimed that Ether was scum trying to convince the town that she was town. I didn't see much in your posting that explains why, but your opinion changed:
Empking wrote:I'm torn between Fuzzyman or Green Crayons. Green Crayons go to great lengths to protect Ether but I don't think Ether is scum. Fuzzyman goes to great length to protect GC and I do think he's scum. (Those were along with everything else scummy they've done.)

Vote: Fuzzyman
The abrupt, unexplained opinion change on Ether is something else I find scummy. Especially since your original opinion on Ether is where your argument with GC began, an argument which is still going.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:48 am

Post by q21 »

EBWOP: There was supposed to be a paragraph on the end of that which read:

While I'm not terribly happy with how fast the wagon on Emp formed after my vote; I feel that my vote is in the right place and I intend to leave it there for the foreseeable future.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by charter »

Vote Count:

Fuzzyman - 1 (corporate)
Green Crayons - 1 (Empking)
Empking - 4 (q21, Fuzzyman, crywolf20084, mykonian)

Not Voting: (3)

Green Crayons
Mizzy
Ether

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Post by Empking »

q21 wrote:

1. He wasn't the driving force of the Simpor lynch. This is obviously a strawman.

You're case against GC is based on him not helping the town. When asked you categorised this as:
Empking wrote:We know who isn't helping. The person who's only target is the (confirmed) Pro-town Simpor.
From this statement its quite obvious where people get points 1 and 2 from - so no, I don't think they're strawmen. Also, just because Simpr is GC's only target that got lynched, doesn't mean he was GC's only ever target.
Is it? Explain to me the logic thast ges you to 1.

Empking wrote:3. I'm making .a case out of nothing. Completely unbacked up without evidence
Thanks for pointing that out, since I don't remember you ever coherently stating your reasons for suspecting GC.
Check my posts.
Empking wrote:The case against me is that I had someone I thought was scummy, before December the 21st.

Your arguing with GC has its roots in your second post (334). You go back and forth a few times trying to actually argue your point until post 345 where you claim he "strawmanned the original argument". Generally one claims they're being strawmanned as soon as it happens. It appears to me that you took the easy out once you realised that there was no way you could out argue GC.
Do you think I'm scummy because you're in love with GC? Serriously, that's what I'm getting from this post. That or you think I'm scummy because I don't believe you should drop an argument, once somebody has done something scummy.
Originally you claimed that Ether was scum trying to convince the town that she was town. I didn't see much in your posting that explains why, but your opinion changed:
Empking wrote:I'm torn between Fuzzyman or Green Crayons. Green Crayons go to great lengths to protect Ether but I don't think Ether is scum. Fuzzyman goes to great length to protect GC and I do think he's scum. (Those were along with everything else scummy they've done.)

The abrupt, unexplained opinion change on Ether is something else I find scummy. Especially since your original opinion on Ether is where your argument with GC began, an argument which is still going.
Unexplained. I explained it here.
Empking wrote:
Unvote

Read some of PYP, Ether isn't as blatant as she is here but I think its sort of their.

Unvote

Vote@ GC
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:21 am

Post by q21 »

Empking wrote:
q21 wrote:

Is it? Explain to me the logic thast ges you to 1.
The only thing you offered when asked how GC was being unhelpful was his targeting Simpor. If he wasn't the driving force behind that lynch then it makes sense that you'd have gone after whoever was. Since you went after GC the obvious assumption is that you thought he was the driving force of that lynch. You have since stated otherwise, but that is where the misconception started, I think.
Empking wrote:

Check my posts.
I did. Many of them are hard to follow, hence the lack of a coherent statement of your suspicions. Even if you think you have, could you do so again so that there is a succinct record of your suspicions if you are in fact town (something I personally doubt)
Empking wrote:

Do you think I'm scummy because you're in love with GC? Serriously, that's what I'm getting from this post. That or you think I'm scummy because I don't believe you should drop an argument, once somebody has done something scummy.
The point was that I felt you changed tact from arguing with GC to accusing him of strawmanning only when you realised you couldn't out argue him.
Empking wrote:

Unexplained. I explained it here.
Empking wrote:
Unvote

Read some of PYP, Ether isn't as blatant as she is here but I think its sort of their.

Unvote

Vote@ GC
This was very unclear to me. I thought you'd changed vote because you'd simply decided GC was scummier. The word blatant insinuates wrong doing so I didn't read this as you dismissing your suspicions of ether.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:26 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Empking wrote:

Check my posts.
I think your the one that needs to go through your posts and read them. Clearly you don't know what you wrote.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:27 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Empking wrote:
I'll protect anybody that I think is worth protecting. In this case, that person is GC.
I should be the one catching accusations for that. Not GC.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Empking »

Fuzzyman wrote:
Empking wrote:
Only if you presume, your buddying up to a townie.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:34 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

That makes no sense, Emp. Please use complete sentences.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Empking »

Fuzzyman wrote:
Empking wrote:
Only if you presume, you're buddying up to a townie.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:11 am

Post by Fuzzyman »

Which I do, at the moment.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:07 am

Post by q21 »

@Emp

So the guy being buddied up to is scum, but the guy doing the buddying is less so.

... makes lots of sense [/sarcasm]

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

Glad someone understood why he was trying to get at, because I wasn't.

Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Nobody ever understands Empking's play. We just do the best we can to interpret.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by Mizzy »

Okay, I am really confused and I don't see a lot of headway being made in any direction other than the direction of "Emp doesn't make sense."

I'd have voted Emp by now if his wagon didn't spring up as fast as it did. That worries me and there's a whole slew of WIFOM thoughts there that I won't go into, but suffice it to say that as much as I feel Emp is unhelpful, I think the case on him is circumstantial at best. I would want something more concrete on him/from him before I'd vote under the current quick-wagon circumstance.
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by Empking »

q21 wrote:@Emp

So the guy being buddied up to is scum, but the guy doing the buddying is less so.

... makes lots of sense [/sarcasm]
I never said anyone was less scum.

FM is less scummy due to the other scummy things GC has done.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:33 am

Post by mykonian »

I'm sorry, mizzy, but empking doesn't seem to defend very well... What would your explanation of that be?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Empking »

crywolf20084 wrote:In my own words?

It's reachy. All you have done is pull this case out of your ass since the moment you replaced in.

@GC: I too would like to see where your attentions are going to go.

This is the case on me. he first time I mentioned GC was my fifth post. The second post must be untrue. I've discussed the lack of reachiness before.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by q21 »

Right, I hate to do this, but I'm going to be gone (like no access at all gone) until 4 January. If that's too long then, by all means, replace me.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy to catch up again then. Either way I'll unvote, if I can stay in then I don't know what might come up in that time and if I can't them my replacement might not share my viewpoint.

unvote

Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Mizzy »

mykonian wrote:I'm sorry, mizzy, but empking doesn't seem to defend very well... What would your explanation of that be?
Why are you asking me? I have no idea why he doesn't defend himself well. Why don't you ask him?
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

You said that the only thing on Emp was that he made no sense, so Mykonian noted his sub-par defense. Myko now wants confirmation that you are withholding your vote in spite of that, your opinions on his defense, or both.

I would personally prefer both.
Fuzzyman
Fuzzyman
Goon
Fuzzyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Fuzzyman »

Also, to our thus-far-wonderful mod, charter:

Could you prod Ether and corporate? I don't think they're V/LA.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by charter »

Fuzzyman wrote:Also, to our thus-far-wonderful mod, charter:

Could you prod Ether and corporate? I don't think they're V/LA.
Yes, I will remind them of this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”