Guns & Roses VI [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 805, Taly wrote: Image
Yes Shiro. You are town. *follows cookies*
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.8

Gamma Emerald [1] - Malakittens
Enchant [1] - SirCakez
SirCakez [1] - Enchant
The Bulge [1] - WhemeStar
Aristeia [1] - The Bulge
Dunnstral [5] - pisskop, Titus, Aristeia, Alisae, Gamma Emerald
WhemeStar [1] - Celebloki

Not Voting [3]
- Theta Alpine, Taly, Dunnstral

With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-10-30 11:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 94, The Bulge wrote: mass claim is a bad idea but i like the rolling mass gun claim (ie guns claiming their kills) idea
In post 97, Celebloki wrote: I think I'm in the not mass claiming boat as well and agree with guns claiming if they've made a kill. I suppose that begs the question, do they only claim if they make a kill? Not if they shoot a rose that was BP that night?
both came in sharing the same sentiment about massclaim at a relatively same time
In post 137, Celebloki wrote: I could see scum wanting to pick rose, could've thought more town would have chosen gun and wanted some protection if they were sure they'd pick a good night. Or it does muddy the waters, if the town has an inflated view of how many roses there are, they might be more loose with using their guns or not worrying as much on mis elims.

If the number of roses were much smaller, say scum did choose all guns, and like half the town chose guns, town would probably be a lot more careful on who they wagon and elim in the day. Scum would want town to be more comfortable getting on wagons and getting people out, so inflating the number of roses helps them with that.

All that said, I am still of the belief that most likely all 3 scum are guns and we have one town gun.
all 3 scum are guns, is the main statement behind this fluff
In post 165, Celebloki wrote: I mean at this point if Wheme's claim is to be believed, and we believe Wheme is town, scum know everything at this point and we should not expect to see Wheme after N1. Only speculation at this point is what everyone's nights are which should never be claimed imo.
setup spec and
wheme
spec?
In post 223, Celebloki wrote: Personally I still think we forget about an Enchant or Wheme wagon until D2 and instead anyone pushing for an Enchant or Wheme wagon are good fodder for a wagon.

VOTE: SirCakez
I don't really think
Celeb
helped perception on this in hindsight, feels like they just tried to counter for the sake of it
In post 323, The Bulge wrote:
In post 75, Aristeia wrote: enchant did you not pick gun hehe
In post 114, Aristeia wrote: I don't think Enchant would pick a rose if he was town
In post 122, Aristeia wrote: ok so why did you decide to pick rose?
In post 132, Aristeia wrote: also I guess if no1 else claims town gun then wheme is confirmed as the only town gun and the 3 mafia all picked gun?
cue
ari V bulge
1v1
In post 326, Celebloki wrote:
In post 318, Taly wrote:
In post 223, Celebloki wrote: Personally I still think we forget about an Enchant or Wheme wagon until D2 and instead anyone pushing for an Enchant or Wheme wagon are good fodder for a wagon.

VOTE: SirCakez
This line of logic only works if you have reasons to believe one or both of
Wheme/Enchant
are town.

Aside from what you posited , independent of any other slots' interaction with these two, why would we consider one or both of them to be town?
I wouldn't necessarily say they are town, but I don't agree with the sentiment from others that since they are claiming Gun, they must be scum. I just don't agree that scum had to have chosen gun and could see one or more of them choosing rose, leaving room for town to choose guns. My point is scum or town, they are more vulnerable now. I just don't understand the desire to claim gun so early, I feel like a scum gun is more likely to keep quiet about it, especially considering the comments made early in this day. I think it's more likely we had excitable misguided townies waving their guns around. I suppose if people are afraid Enchant will shoot them tonight they can try and elim him today. I doubt Wheme will make it to N2 to use his gun. If Enchant is scum, I just think he's a better option for a wagon tomorrow if he's still here.
fencesitty, does not give good vibes.
In post 341, The Bulge wrote:
In post 334, Aristeia wrote:
In post 327, The Bulge wrote: 146 strikes me as an attempt at thread control, like they don't want discussion to stray away from mass-claim adjacency.
attempt at thread control? I barely even bother to post more than one time a day in this thread where the fuck are you getting thread control vibes
narrative control is probably more accurate. shutting down d1 scum strat speculation rubs me the wrong way, esp when you only seem interested in discussing claims. what's the point of assuming there are 3 scum guns and then not going any further with that speculation? it's all noise.
i really dont get the point of this
In post 409, Celebloki wrote:
In post 220, SirCakez wrote: more enchant votes only comment i have
This is the post that made me decide to go for Cakez over Ari or Ali. Ari started the push and has specific, very established reasons. Ali was engaged a bit in the claim talk and wanting to get rid of guns. Cakez piled on more so for meta'ing Enchant it seems. The vote also came in not long after Ali's. Maybe there was hope there'd be more momentum for a wagon to start that didn't. To me his vote was opportunistic and not from the same place as Ari or Ali.

At this point I'm not making a case on Cakez, I'm just trying a different direction than Enchant. I'll say it again so I'm not mis-represented. I am NOT saying I think Enchant is town and the gun claims are interesting choices to make. I tend to agree with Ali's statement that guns have to die at some point. My stance is just to save them for later.
this makes some sense and i feel the logic behind the push checks out here
In post 430, Celebloki wrote: In my opinion if we mass claim now we're going to find out we have 12 roses and 2 guns.
In post 584, The Bulge wrote:
In post 355, Aristeia wrote:
In post 353, The Bulge wrote:
In post 351, Aristeia wrote:
In post 345, The Bulge wrote: pedit - do you disagree or are you being obtuse?
I am using the simplest language possible, you're the one being not specific about what you are saying
is that why youre voting me?
I'm voting you because you're either scum or scumsiding
nah you're voting me bc i called out your play when everyone else was giving you a pass
tbh im not quite sure what
bulge
is seeing in
ari's
posts here aside from rolefishing that didnt go anywhere?
In post 593, The Bulge wrote:
In post 409, Celebloki wrote:
In post 220, SirCakez wrote: more enchant votes only comment i have
This is the post that made me decide to go for Cakez over Ari or Ali. Ari started the push and has specific, very established reasons. Ali was engaged a bit in the claim talk and wanting to get rid of guns. Cakez piled on more so for meta'ing Enchant it seems. The vote also came in not long after Ali's. Maybe there was hope there'd be more momentum for a wagon to start that didn't. To me his vote was opportunistic and not from the same place as Ari or Ali.

At this point I'm not making a case on Cakez, I'm just trying a different direction than Enchant. I'll say it again so I'm not mis-represented. I am NOT saying I think Enchant is town and the gun claims are interesting choices to make. I tend to agree with Ali's statement that guns have to die at some point. My stance is just to save them for later.
celebloki is doing a lot of enchant-defense without ever outright calling enchant town, and being very careful not to do so. their whole iso i find to be very carefully worded but that doesnt have to be ai necessarily. but i could easily see enchant+celeb
D1 pre-associative, ok

but also,
bulge
never does anything about this via a vote or more pressure on
celeb

In post 604, The Bulge wrote: i like the way theta has been interacting with the thread. townbinning for now so i don't have to read so much mech spec!
ok
In post 618, The Bulge wrote:
In post 607, Taly wrote: Bulge can you succinctly explain your beef with Ari?
when i gave my read of her slot she started flinging shit at me. her mindset from the get-go has been centred on resolving claims (seems agenda-based) rather than alignments. i have no beef but this plus her defensive reaction to me and subsequent projection reads scum to me clear as day.
anything else?
In post 645, Celebloki wrote:
In post 566, Taly wrote:
I want to push everyone to spew reads on Enchant/Wheme/Alisae.

I'm not convinced that any specific shot is a town-controlled one unless there is more input from the playerlist.
I think there's for sure scum in there, a good chance of there even being 2. I think Alisae is the most likely to be an actual town gun. I don't know what Bulge is getting at in his post saying I'm defending Enchant. I think there's a great chance he is scum. I acknowledge that it's probably a misguided view, and likely even reckless, but I really just want to let those 3 let bullets fly and sort through the mess D2. I'm just more keen on trying to narrow down someone outside of those 3 D1, then go back to whoever is still there tomorrow amongst those three.
i dont get this read progression

celeb
was focused on the wagoners on
enchant/wheme
, and while i can understand the change with
cakez
interaction and the
alisae
rationale here, i dont quite follow the whole mentality behind
"
enchant/wheme
have scum on them"
to
"
enchant/wheme
are prbably both SvS"

that is essentially what this post says as it is posits a reality where
alisae
is town
In post 720, Celebloki wrote: I suppose I can get behind a Wheme train. He did claim his gun later, so we wouldn't have gotten to see his shot tonight anyway. My plan to let N1 bullets fly wouldn't really have included him except as a target. I expect to go back to Cakez tomorrow though, maybe can be convinced of Dunn as well.

VOTE: Wheme
i dont get very good vibes in the sense that voting
wheme
wouldnt have a supposed impact on his reads of
cakez/dunn

In post 931, The Bulge wrote: aristeia stays refusing to interact with even a crumb of good faith. no part of her interactions with me show any intent to deduce my alignment or to allow me to deduce hers.
ok what does this accomplish
In post 935, The Bulge wrote: oh i am further behind than i thought
uh
In post 955, The Bulge wrote:
In post 940, Aristeia wrote: i'm amazed the person who's in perpetual catchup mode and refuses to actually interact with the game in real time or vote among the leading wagons or even give an opinion or read on any of the leading players up for elimination less than two days from the deadline has the gall to come in here and lecture me about not sorting him properly when he is not even playing the game.

TRULY an amazing feat Bulge
In post 942, Aristeia wrote: i'll give you some pointers for how you can help me sort you;

(a) post more than once every two days
(b) don't catchup by exclusively asking questions about things that happened two days ago and nobody even cares about anymore
(c) try to pretend you at least care about which of the leading candidates for elimination gets elimmed
(d) maybe use your vote on something that has some traction less than two days to deadline
(e) maybe give a read on the game state or the players in the game other than the one person you seem hellbent on deathtunneling for n00b reasons.
i post as often as i am able to, take it or leave it. believe it or not mafia is not a high priority in my life, and i spend most of my time offline. i'm usually posting from work when things are slow, but when i have a meeting or a deadline or things get busy then my priorities obviously lie elsewhere.

your use of "refuses" frustrates me, as if i am tactically ghosting the thread. your continual commentary on my playstyle and posting frequency and level of engagement frustrates me. either hop off or explain why these things make me scum. your policing of how i approach the game is tiring. i dont have to meet some quota of time dedication just for the privilege of enjoying a game i have played for years.

i obviously struck a nerve when i initially stated my read on you. since then your reactions to me have been entirely emotional and hardly game-related. thus i dont believe that you are trying to sort me, this is nothing but an omgus defense.
In post 966, The Bulge wrote: most of the discussion has been around slots that i havent paid very close attention to, namely enchant/wheme/cakez/dunnstral. i'll probably forgo catching up w the main thread and have a look at these in iso and the discussion around them.

pedit @ taly - im p sure i've kept up with responding to anything directed at me (most of which has been from ari). i dont feel in tune with the rest of the thread atp bc the discussion all seems to lie where i have been glossing over. this isn't an issue i usually have even in games where i am playing from behind, but i think this time around it just so happens that the slots getting the most attention either haven't pinged me or i have been consciously skimming over.
yeah its no wonder why you have a difficulty grasp on the gamestate because your worldview begins and ends with
ari
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1025, Titus wrote:
In post 805, Taly wrote: Image
Yes Shiro. You are town. *follows cookies*
pocketed forever
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:10 pm

Post by Taly »

but like

I dont like
Celeb's
or
Bulge's
ISO, and can see TvS, or tbqh, even SvS.

but yknow... the more people i vote and wagon, the more im placing townies under pressure and making a TvT rife environment.

dunn
is at like, 5 votes....

and i dont agree with
wheme
, scummy is scummy.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Taly »

i want to fucking shoot half this playerlist
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1014, Taly wrote:
In post 1005, Enchant wrote: Yes.
did my votes for not shooting
alisae/titus/gamma
actually count? :D
Joins. Add pisskop
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Taly »

enchant
, please kill in
{whoever survives out of celeb/dunn/bulge}
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Taly »

Town

Alisae
Titus
Gamma
Ari
pisskop
Enchant

This passes D1

Mala
Theta
Wheme
Cakez

Lean Scum

Celeb
Bulge

Scum

Dunnstral
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by Titus »

I'd move Ari and theta down 1 tier, wheme up, swap cakez and celeb
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

VOTE: Cele
Im a dog that quacks
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I was going to try and respond in some capacity to Taly's 1027, but he's mixed me in with a wall of stuff that also analyzes Bulge and I don't feel like trying to quote and pull it apart. It's dangerously easy to read someone in ISO with an expected viewpoint in mind and read that viewpoint with the loss of all the context those posts had. Calls all my early posts fluff and mechanic spec, but that's what everyone else was talking about at the time. The whole first several pages were full of that same fluff.

Then funnily enough picks apart the same posts that Bulge misrepresents me on and does the same mis representation.

I also found it funny that Taly read in ISO looks a lot like me, votes on the Cakez wagon that I started, leaves it to vote Wheme with less of a reason that I gave for my vote.
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:33 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I'll guess I'll try and explain it again since I clearly haven't made my stance clear. I saw the Wheme, Enchant, and then Alisae gun claims and ultimately didn't care what their alignment was. I have admittedly pointed out that its probably a reckless stance, but I would just rather let them sort each other out on N1 and look at them again on D2 then bother with trying to elim one of them D1. I tried and mildly succeeded at starting a counter wagon on Cakez for behavior that I did find a bit scummy.

I honestly don't know what you mean by my read progression. I never said I thought Enchant or Wheme was town. I don't think it's wild to think Enchant or Wheme may be scum as well as Cakez. I didn't criticize Cakez for joining a wagon on Enchant because I thought Enchant was town. I criticized him for joining an opportunistic wagon, which is something scum can do on a wagon that may also be on scum. Enchant painted a target on his back, Cakez could easily have decided to bus and earn brownie points if Enchant catches a shot N1 and flips red.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Alisae »

post a read list
Celebloki
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Celebloki
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:33 pm

Post by Celebloki »

I wouldn't necessarily say I really have any solid "confirmed" type reads one side or the other at this point. I generally don't feel making confirmed reads on D1 is possible except for those soul reads some of you get for having played with each other so much. However I do have some leans at this point.

Lean Town

Theta Alpine
Titus
Taly
Alisae
Aristeia
Gamma Emerald

Null

Dunnstral
Malakittens
pisskop

Lean Scum

SirCakez
Enchant
Wheme
The Bulge
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:00 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 1014, Taly wrote:
In post 1005, Enchant wrote: Yes.
did my votes for not shooting
alisae/titus/gamma
actually count? :D
I count it as Titus vote, because i didn't plan to shot alicae anyway.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:43 pm

Post by Taly »

VOTE: The Bulge

Will this help you engage with the rest of the playerlist?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:46 pm

Post by Taly »

Less than 29 hrs.

People should state their PoE of no more than 3 people (less is better) and the order at which they're willing to lim.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:52 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 1036, Celebloki wrote: I was going to try and respond in some capacity to Taly's 1027, but he's mixed me in with a wall of stuff that also analyzes Bulge and I don't feel like trying to quote and pull it apart. It's dangerously easy to read someone in ISO with an expected viewpoint in mind and read that viewpoint with the loss of all the context those posts had. Calls all my early posts fluff and mechanic spec, but that's what everyone else was talking about at the time. The whole first several pages were full of that same fluff.

Then funnily enough picks apart the same posts that Bulge misrepresents me on and does the same mis representation.

I also found it funny that Taly read in ISO looks a lot like me, votes on the Cakez wagon that I started, leaves it to vote Wheme with less of a reason that I gave for my vote.
Excuse me, what?
In post 951, Taly wrote:
In post 941, SirCakez wrote:
In post 684, Taly wrote: I wanted Cakez to at least reply before this but

UNVOTE:

I don't think it's happening, nor is it ideal in both possible scenarios relative to
dunn/enchant
, especially as others feel better with
cakez
, that can't all be misted town or defending buddies, if any.
To what? I don't really have a rebuttal to your arguments right now I just think you're off base on me, not sure yet whether that's townie or scummy
Anything more than this?
In post 946, SirCakez wrote:
In post 717, Taly wrote: Fuck it

VOTE: WhemeStar
This is very bizarre, I don't see how you ended up here given your prior declared scumreads
I recall putting
Wheme
as nullscum in my first readslist. They were in my bottom 4 to ISO.

Plus, a big driver behind why I voted
Enchant
was
Alisae's
logic about the guns and my read on em.

Since I was feeling closer to
Enchant
-Town by the time I voted here, my
Wheme
vote makes sense on both accounts from.how I viewed the
Enchant/Wheme
as likely TvS and
Alisae's
rationale of resolving the guns.

Plus, town needs a consensus and
Alisae
is really set between
Enchant/Wheme
, so a wagon with traction was above rand a protown move here I feel.
I had also stated that
Cakez
wagon was losing traction and that I was liking
Cakez's
responses to me around the time of the above post.

That statement is a bad representation of my rationale here for both
Cakez/Wheme
votes.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:53 pm

Post by Taly »

yeah I want 5 people flipped, that's not a good thing

someone help
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:55 pm

Post by Taly »

Actually probably more like 3, yeah
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:56 pm

Post by Taly »

Anyone townread
Bulge
? I want to hear the reasons
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:59 pm

Post by Taly »

Mmm :/ the
Celeb/Bulge
wagons feel last minute and I rarely like those D1.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:30 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1044, Taly wrote: yeah I want 5 people flipped, that's not a good thing

someone help
All things considering and fact that this is fucking d1, i think if you have 5 suspects and 3 of them are correct, you already reliable win even if those two towns will suffer.

So you probably should chill and not overdoing it. But i can relate to "Shot half of playerlist" but alas i only have one gun, and reloading will be invented only in future.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:54 am

Post by Taly »

I'm mainly trying to get more discussion going

Are we just going to let a Dunn lim pass? I'm certainly not opposed but Bulge/Celeb suspicion could have some form of resolution here

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”