Guns & Roses VI [Game Over]

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 944, SirCakez wrote:
In post 703, Alisae wrote: Like I've read this iso 5 times it's horrendous.
I think a lot of that is not AI
I could vote Wheme but I would need to be convinced over Enchant
I take this post back would vote Wheme, feels like a necessary flip at this point
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Taly »

In post 941, SirCakez wrote:
In post 684, Taly wrote: I wanted Cakez to at least reply before this but

UNVOTE:

I don't think it's happening, nor is it ideal in both possible scenarios relative to
dunn/enchant
, especially as others feel better with
cakez
, that can't all be misted town or defending buddies, if any.
To what? I don't really have a rebuttal to your arguments right now I just think you're off base on me, not sure yet whether that's townie or scummy
Anything more than this?
In post 946, SirCakez wrote:
In post 717, Taly wrote: Fuck it

VOTE: WhemeStar
This is very bizarre, I don't see how you ended up here given your prior declared scumreads
I recall putting
Wheme
as nullscum in my first readslist. They were in my bottom 4 to ISO.

Plus, a big driver behind why I voted
Enchant
was
Alisae's
logic about the guns and my read on em.

Since I was feeling closer to
Enchant
-Town by the time I voted here, my
Wheme
vote makes sense on both accounts from.how I viewed the
Enchant/Wheme
as likely TvS and
Alisae's
rationale of resolving the guns.

Plus, town needs a consensus and
Alisae
is really set between
Enchant/Wheme
, so a wagon with traction was above rand a protown move here I feel.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

Dunn is like nullscum for me I keep getting weird tone reads off his posts but I can't point to anything specific enough to make a coherent argument for it
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 931, The Bulge wrote: aristeia stays refusing to interact with even a crumb of good faith. no part of her interactions with me show any intent to deduce my alignment or to allow me to deduce hers.
I have already stated in this thread my strategy for sorting you and why I did it;
In post 578, Aristeia wrote: regarding Bulge:

the last two games I played with Bulge;

Open 881: we were both town, he tunneled Datisi(town), got into a slapfight with Datisi, got Datisi limmed.

Micro 1089: we were both town, he read me as mafia for "gut reasons" then he flaked out of the game.

my goal with respects to pushing him hard on his read of me was to try to get him to engage like he did with Datisi and figure out whether he actually believed I was mafia because when Bulge is town and he gets into a slapfight he has trouble letting go of the keyboard.

in this instance his decision to log off and ghost this game feels on the scummy side of nullscum but I've seen him ghost games as town as well so its p shrug. I would say its more likely he's mafia because he has absolutely none of the follow-through/conviction I see him display with pushing his Datisi read.

My goal was to fight you and get you to townspew. You instead ghosted me so I gave up and moved on with my life because I'm not going to sort someone who
is not even here

You then came back to thread and asked me a nonsensical question about "did I push enchant to sort him via reaction".

It's such an insultingly simple question because it implies I push people for reasons other than to see their reaction. The fundamental basis of all mafia play is to push people to see reactions and sort out whether it means they are likely town or scum. It would be ridiculous for me to push people without looking at how they react to a push unless I had some kind of mechanical evidence they were mafia which obviously I wouldn't in this setup.

It tilts me to spend this much effort on this game while you continue to sit there and spout things that really do not help us get any closer to winning and claiming that I am being scum motivated when I'm probably one of the few driving forces actually trying to salvage this game that a bunch of players for whatever reason have decided not to play.

It annoys me tremendously that you are doing this
despite having not even caught up to where the thread is
and
you show absolutely no hint that you are endeavouring to catch up and contribute positively

I understand that this is just a game you signed up to play for fun in your free time but I have certain
basic
expectations of my fellow players to actually try to play the game as it is intended instead of continously hiding in catchup mode.

Perhaps my expectations are unfounded and I can't expect you to actually do this.

Maybe the way I express my tilt is very fustrating or insulting to you. I am sorry for that and I hope it motivates you to actually play this game. I hope you do not take anything I say in the context of this game as some kind of personal insult I know I can be crude and insufferable at times.
You are always gonna be my love
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:33 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 951, Taly wrote:
In post 941, SirCakez wrote:
In post 684, Taly wrote: I wanted Cakez to at least reply before this but

UNVOTE:

I don't think it's happening, nor is it ideal in both possible scenarios relative to
dunn/enchant
, especially as others feel better with
cakez
, that can't all be misted town or defending buddies, if any.
To what? I don't really have a rebuttal to your arguments right now I just think you're off base on me, not sure yet whether that's townie or scummy
Anything more than this?
In post 946, SirCakez wrote:
In post 717, Taly wrote: Fuck it

VOTE: WhemeStar
This is very bizarre, I don't see how you ended up here given your prior declared scumreads
I recall putting
Wheme
as nullscum in my first readslist. They were in my bottom 4 to ISO.

Plus, a big driver behind why I voted
Enchant
was
Alisae's
logic about the guns and my read on em.

Since I was feeling closer to
Enchant
-Town by the time I voted here, my
Wheme
vote makes sense on both accounts from.how I viewed the
Enchant/Wheme
as likely TvS and
Alisae's
rationale of resolving the guns.

Plus, town needs a consensus and
Alisae
is really set between
Enchant/Wheme
, so a wagon with traction was above rand a protown move here I feel.
Ok I can buy this. It felt weird to me given your self declared deathtunnel on me and also your push on Dunn
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:44 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 940, Aristeia wrote: i'm amazed the person who's in perpetual catchup mode and refuses to actually interact with the game in real time or vote among the leading wagons or even give an opinion or read on any of the leading players up for elimination less than two days from the deadline has the gall to come in here and lecture me about not sorting him properly when he is not even playing the game.

TRULY an amazing feat Bulge
In post 942, Aristeia wrote: i'll give you some pointers for how you can help me sort you;

(a) post more than once every two days
(b) don't catchup by exclusively asking questions about things that happened two days ago and nobody even cares about anymore
(c) try to pretend you at least care about which of the leading candidates for elimination gets elimmed
(d) maybe use your vote on something that has some traction less than two days to deadline
(e) maybe give a read on the game state or the players in the game other than the one person you seem hellbent on deathtunneling for n00b reasons.
i post as often as i am able to, take it or leave it. believe it or not mafia is not a high priority in my life, and i spend most of my time offline. i'm usually posting from work when things are slow, but when i have a meeting or a deadline or things get busy then my priorities obviously lie elsewhere.

your use of "refuses" frustrates me, as if i am tactically ghosting the thread. your continual commentary on my playstyle and posting frequency and level of engagement frustrates me. either hop off or explain why these things make me scum. your policing of how i approach the game is tiring. i dont have to meet some quota of time dedication just for the privilege of enjoying a game i have played for years.

i obviously struck a nerve when i initially stated my read on you. since then your reactions to me have been entirely emotional and hardly game-related. thus i dont believe that you are trying to sort me, this is nothing but an omgus defense.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:51 am

Post by The Bulge »

as for the leading wagons i see your point. i said before i dont typically try and sort enchant this early in the game bc i am not confident in my ability to do so. similarly in my experience wheme is perpetual lhf. maybe if i had more time it would be easier for me to interact with these wagons but the only reason i have for them to be on my radar is that people are voting for them. i agree, being caught up and interacting in real-time is the ideal approach here, itd probably also help if i cared to read thru all of the setup spec. i recognize that it's not ideal teamplay but again, you're just gonna have to take it or leave it and let me play the game at the pace my personal life allows for.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:58 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 953, Aristeia wrote: You then came back to thread and asked me a nonsensical question about "did I push enchant to sort him via reaction".

It's such an insultingly simple question because it implies I push people for reasons other than to see their reaction. The fundamental basis of all mafia play is to push people to see reactions and sort out whether it means they are likely town or scum. It would be ridiculous for me to push people without looking at how they react to a push unless I had some kind of mechanical evidence they were mafia which obviously I wouldn't in this setup.
you made reference to enchant's meta. i asked if knowledge of this meta is what drove your push. you're acting like this was the stupidest question you've ever heard.

i'm asking about your intent. did you push him to see his reaction to being pushed? or were you hoping to derive a read from the actual substance of his responses? these are two distinct approaches and in all your defensiveness you're forgetting that there are, in fact, many different ways to play this game.

this is yet another example of aristeia committing entire paragraphs to discrediting my suspicion of her by attacking my play.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:04 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 956, The Bulge wrote: as for the leading wagons i see your point. i said before i dont typically try and sort enchant this early in the game bc i am not confident in my ability to do so. similarly in my experience wheme is perpetual lhf. maybe if i had more time it would be easier for me to interact with these wagons but the only reason i have for them to be on my radar is that people are voting for them. i agree, being caught up and interacting in real-time is the ideal approach here, itd probably also help if i cared to read thru all of the setup spec. i recognize that it's not ideal teamplay but again, you're just gonna have to take it or leave it and let me play the game at the pace my personal life allows for.
like yea i dont have a solid grasp on the gamestate. but the way you're responding to my inquiries, no matter how simple or polite, is distracting me from doing the catchup i need to do to get to that point. i'm sure i'm not the only slot who is not "with the program", but i do appear to be the only one who has expressed my suspicion of you. hence why i believe you are singling me out here and trying to police the way i play the game.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Taly »

Mmmmm. I'm okay with
Cakez
in his last few posts.

Should I be reading
Ari V Bulge
? Cause I haven't and they're on like, round 3

Alisae
, how do you feel about a
Dunn
lim?
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:07 am

Post by The Bulge »

idk why i'm addressing aristeia directly atp, it is not feeling very productive. hopefully y'all can see the way she is approaching my slot is in bad faith and seemingly intent on shutting me down. next time i'm around i'll try and get myself more grounded in the game but it is growing tiresome.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Taly »

There's 12 other people to talk to doll
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:09 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.7

Gamma Emerald [1] - Malakittens
Enchant [1] - SirCakez
SirCakez [1] - Enchant
The Bulge [1] - WhemeStar
Aristeia [1] - The Bulge
Dunnstral [3] - pisskop, Titus, Aristeia
WhemeStar [4] - Taly, Celebloki, Dunnstral, Alisae

Not Voting [2]
- Theta Alpine, Gamma Emerald

With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-10-30 11:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 957, The Bulge wrote: did you push him to see his reaction to being pushed? or were you hoping to derive a read from the actual substance of his responses?
these two sentences mean the same thing to me.

when I push someone I take their reaction into consideration when I form my read of them. that's just very basic play. to not care about their reaction would be like ????????
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@mod can we get a prod on Malakittens?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

like if I think someone is likely to be mafia

i will push them

I will then look at their reaction to refine the read and figure out their alignment.

that's just how people should play the game.

you asking me if I'm pushing him to see his reaction is like ???? to me. like what else would I be pushing him for?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:13 am

Post by The Bulge »

most of the discussion has been around slots that i havent paid very close attention to, namely enchant/wheme/cakez/dunnstral. i'll probably forgo catching up w the main thread and have a look at these in iso and the discussion around them.

pedit @ taly - im p sure i've kept up with responding to anything directed at me (most of which has been from ari). i dont feel in tune with the rest of the thread atp bc the discussion all seems to lie where i have been glossing over. this isn't an issue i usually have even in games where i am playing from behind, but i think this time around it just so happens that the slots getting the most attention either haven't pinged me or i have been consciously skimming over.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 956, The Bulge wrote: as for the leading wagons i see your point. i said before i dont typically try and sort enchant this early in the game bc i am not confident in my ability to do so. similarly in my experience wheme is perpetual lhf. maybe if i had more time it would be easier for me to interact with these wagons but the only reason i have for them to be on my radar is that people are voting for them. i agree, being caught up and interacting in real-time is the ideal approach here, itd probably also help if i cared to read thru all of the setup spec. i recognize that it's not ideal teamplay but again, you're just gonna have to take it or leave it and let me play the game at the pace my personal life allows for.
my criticism of you is that you have spent almost all of your time talking to me.

you have convinced 0 people that I am mafia.

I don't know if it's because you're mafia and you want to hide in your little death tunnel or if you're town who's tunneled.

I am telling you that if you actually want to impact the game you should probably have an opinion on the people who are viable to be eliminated today and actually try to sort them instead of continually harping on me because its not productive in any way. like if you're town your case is so bad that not even the mafia are willing to help you push me.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:15 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 955, The Bulge wrote: your use of "refuses" frustrates me, as if i am tactically ghosting the thread. your continual commentary on my playstyle and posting frequency and level of engagement frustrates me. either hop off or explain why these things make me scum. your policing of how i approach the game is tiring. i dont have to meet some quota of time dedication just for the privilege of enjoying a game i have played for years.
i have explained

also I am not voting you so what am i even hopping off.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 960, The Bulge wrote: idk why i'm addressing aristeia directly atp, it is not feeling very productive. hopefully y'all can see the way she is approaching my slot is in bad faith and seemingly intent on shutting me down. next time i'm around i'll try and get myself more grounded in the game but it is growing tiresome.
I am not shutting you down

I am asking you to do something relevant with what limited time you have for this game.

continually saying I am mafia without commenting on any of the other slots in the game is pretty ineffective for you if you're town.

I am asking you to play the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 966, The Bulge wrote: most of the discussion has been around slots that i havent paid very close attention to, namely enchant/wheme/cakez/dunnstral. i'll probably forgo catching up w the main thread and have a look at these in iso and the discussion around them.

pedit @ taly - im p sure i've kept up with responding to anything directed at me (most of which has been from ari). i dont feel in tune with the rest of the thread atp bc the discussion all seems to lie where i have been glossing over. this isn't an issue i usually have even in games where i am playing from behind, but i think this time around it just so happens that the slots getting the most attention either haven't pinged me or i have been consciously skimming over.
Which slots have you been paying attention to?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Aristeia »

its actually amazing I've explained to bulge three times now what my play in regards to his slot is and I haven't even been voting him for the last two days and I'm pushing someone else yet he stumbles into this thread claiming that I have no intent to sort him and am just omgusing him.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:47 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 964, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@mod can we get a prod on Malakittens?
Done.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Enchant »

Fun fact: Rules of game stated that players which didn't post for 2 days are REPLACED.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:48 am

Post by pisskop »

but kitty kat
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”