mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 571, mastina wrote:
In post 276, Val89 wrote:Those takes were given after Alisea asked Norwee, and only Norwee, very leading questions that amounted to "What is your read on X player based on posts Y and Z", which as you can see from the conclusion given by themselves, focused on a very narrow subset of the player base; and I was very surprised to see Alisea give Norwee a townread on that basis, and I asked Norwee if he thought he was in agreement with Alisea. To be fair, the answer Norwee gave was 'yes', but I made no secret of the fact I had my suspicions there, and to see that quickly manifest in main thread as a case against me is :shifty: to say the least.
VOTE: Alisea
Oh nevermind about having difficulty reading Val.

Val's town here and Alisae and Norwee ARE scum together.

The interactions being talked about are 100% scum-scum, done to be performative to hood-mates.

I prefer Norwee first tho since my scumread there's stronger.

But at this stage, I'd vote any of:
Norwee > Alisae ~
>
Titus.
In post 572, mastina wrote:Alisae's reaction to Val's push btw is also a scum reaction.

It's an over-reaction to Val's . Val's 276 was a good point/post, but Alisae's push there is, essentially, scum having a snap-reaction that is too strong/too forced.

It's not quite a panic-OMGUS, but the best description I can give is that it is a panic-OMGUS, for lack of a better term.

Basically, it's too on the nose for Alisae's comfort--e knows what the scumteam is, and knowing what the scumteam is, there is a strong reaction to react strongly when someone gets too close to the truth on that scumteam, especially after e put so much work into laying good foundations in scum-scum interactions meant to look good. To have said scum-scum interactions called such from a newer player elicited a reaction that Alisae will regret like five ten minutes later, because it's a rusty-Alisae still getting into the swing of things not accounting for shifted site meta and new blood with the new blood calling em out. With the read from Val leaking the scumness more openly, Alisae's reaction is an instant one to a perceived immediate threat.

Now, I get that everything I am saying relies on the assumption of Alisae-Norwee being scum from the getgo, but let me explain why I don't think Alisae does that reaction
unless
it's Alisae and Norwee as scum-scum.

If Alisae is town, then Val's post doesn't elicit a reaction at all. It can maybe have a reaction of "this is a misrep and I believe it to be a scum misrep"--MAYBE. But that's a level 0 take that I don't think a town-Alisae actually has. A town-Alisae would see the post and know it to be wrong, but knowing it to be wrong, would then analyze the why, and not instantly come to the conclusion of Val being scum. Could Alisae come to that conclusion as town? Yes, but not so instantly and with such strength.

The strength of Alisae's scumread on Val is overblown, in a way that I feel indicates that Val caught Alisae and Norwee's interaction being scum-scum for what it is.
In post 573, mastina wrote:
In post 281, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 279, Alisae wrote:Rookie scum mistake to overreact to me expression my feelings on a fos.
Like do you self-consciously believe that a case was like coming onto you??? That's what I think is going on in the head of scum!you.
I did not vote you, and I asked Ceph "is this actually scum, or am I just reading everything as scummy"
But I am advancing a case on you???

Like, this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Newer player rands wolf.
Newer player starts to feel like they are being suspected
Newer player overeacts and attacks the person in response to suspecting them
The person in return attacks them harder because the newer player is acting unnatural and unreasonably to the attacker.
i don't really understand what about this makes val scum tbh
like this narrative is one that could have happened if he was scum, but what makes you think that's most likely? what about it is not believable as coming from town?
Exactly, fire.

You'd know exactly the sort of reaction I think this is and why it's scum from you having made this sort of reaction when you were scum. :P

I think Alisae is scum here for similar reasons I thought your reaction to my claim made you scum. It's not
identical
, but it's
similar
--Alisae's reaction is overblown. Alisae's reaction is disproportionate. Alisae's reaction was a snap-reaction that was fairly OMGUSy. Sound familiar to you?

Because to me those are the hallmarks of scum that made a somewhat-panicked snap-decision to react to a town player hitting a nerve.

A town-Alisae WOULD put thought into how it could come from town. A town-Alisae would know the narrative was wrong, but not know that it came from scum. The instant judgement of Val being scum is incredibly damning for Alisae as being Alisae as scum having made a bit of an impulsive reaction that e wouldn't have made as town.

Yes, I know Alisae is impulsive regardless of alignment.
Yes, I know Alisae is reactive regardless of alignment.
Yes, I know Alisae can make OMGUSy moves as town.
Yes, I know Alisae can make snap-decisions and instantly come to a conclusion.

But there's a difference between 'can', and 'would'.

I believe a town-Alisae would not have the impulse to overreact to Val and instantly pivot to the OMGUSy push there. A town-Alisae might react to it, but not in the way e did.
In post 574, mastina wrote:
In post 284, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I don’t want to believe Alisae is scum becauve they’ve been so helpful to me and seemed genuinely trying to solve me.
On the Norwee side of things I'm like 97.5% certain that this is Norwee's style of interacting with scumbuddies, especially when given a neighborhood with them. I swear that I've seen this verbatim from Norwee when Norwee was scum talking about a scumbuddy, but not seen once when Norwee was town.

I wish I could remember where so I could track it down, but like: I am
very
sure about this.
Pagetopping these and gathering them all into one post.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 293, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 289, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Scarrdbear who is in your group that you know of?
MARASHU, PENGUIN, CHARLOUX AND MYSELF. YOURS?
Yaknow what?

...I actually buy that as an all-town group.

I think Marashu is town.
I think Charloux is town.
PenguinPower is hard to say for
sure
, but loosely I do like what he's done so far in this game and overall think he's town.
And you, I also think are town.

So like.

I can buy all of you as town. It does depend on a fifth member I guess.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 296, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ok nvm it’s unanimous.
Our 4th member is Shiro.
Shiro town by proxy of Norwee and Alisae being scum and therefore unlikely to have three scum in one clan.

:P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 297, Mistyx wrote:we have 5 so i think yours are just missing people so far
(me / bell / penguin / fire / ceph)
Alright so Ceph will be freaked out by this but I actually think that
this
is an all-town clan.

I THINK that I'm comfortable locktowning Bell, here. (Need to keep reading to be sure the good things keep coming from Bell.)

I'm pretty damn sure this is fire as town.

It's a bit weak, but I think Mistyx is town, too.

Cephrir is Cephrir and the dude never rands town in games I'm in (except when he does), so like: he's always scum. Except when, randomly, he actually isn't. And even in the rare games he isn't, I always scumread him. He's
never
town to me, but this game, I actually think he is???

I get that Ceph plays the same way regardless of his alignment. He shows the exact same things as town/scum and uses the exact same process as town/scum and has similar reads/reasoning as town/scum so like. He should be impossible to really read accurately, but like. I think he's town???

It's like, only a 51% read. As in, genuinely, 51% town to 49% scum. His content still looks like scum to me (the 49%), but I think in spite of it looking like scum, he's actually town?

So that group I feel has a very high chance of actually being all-town.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 301, Mistyx wrote:
In post 298, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 297, Mistyx wrote:we have 5 so i think yours are just missing people so far
(me / bell / penguin / fire / ceph)
?
FA not you
i literally checked idk how i got that wrong
Oh, still think it's all town because Frozen Angel is Town*, with an asterisk, to me, this game.

(The asterisk is because Frozen Angel has a night/day difference in her town/scum metas. I'm 100% sure that if you know which meta is which, you can have a guaranteed read on her. I
think
that this is the town meta, but I'm not sure. I COULD be getting it backwards, thinking her scum meta is her town meta and thinking her town meta is her scum meta, but I THINK that I am remembering which is which correctly and that this is the town meta for her.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 318, catboi wrote:This has the potential to be a really dumb read but Norwee seems relaxed, which I think is townie?
I've seen Norwee as relaxed-town.

This ain't it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 325, catboi wrote:It is possible, albeit unilikely, that a hood is pure.
Actually, statistically speaking, a hood being pure is the
most
likely rand.

For no clan to have 0 scum requires that each scum gets distributed to a different spot, with the final either doubling up on one or being the outsider.

In other words, it's basically guaranteed that there IS a pure clan, and it is likely the Mistyx/Bell/fire/Cephrir/FA clan.

Also, Alisae and Norwee are scum in the same clan, so......
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by mastina »

(Another obligation came up so can't finish catchup now, but will later tonight--circa five hours from now.)
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Bell »

Oh. I’m fine killing norwe if mastina is 97.5% certain they’re scum.
VOTE: Norwe
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 413, Bell wrote:
In post 412, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 411, Bell wrote:
In post 409, KittyTacky wrote:It's Charloux.

Are you scum?
I'm town.
*squints*
I believe you and I have no idea why.
It's because I'm town.
In post 417, Charloux wrote: Kitty's vote seems too opportunistic, just hopped on the biggest wagon quoting a random post and affirming that i'm scum.
What? I was reading through the backlog. Any vote would be that way. And that post threw off scum vibes.
In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 417, Charloux wrote:Mistyx, Datisi, Norweigan; What is even your goal with my wagon? Do you want me to explain my thought process for yesterday? Claim all my role details?
Explain my theory in detail? Do you want to get me to L-1 and act shocked when someone hammers?
My goal is to flip mafia.
Is this a death miller soft?

In post 478, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 476, Datisi wrote:why wouldn't i be clam?
insert shin photoshopped onto a clam
Done.
In post 485, Datisi wrote:okay yeah that makes sense

i'm probably gonna tentatively lean fire town for this; while i think he is capable of faking this thought process / noticing those things as scum, i think it is more likely to come from town, so
Yeah. For me, though, his posts REALLY pinged town, by tone.

Re: The whole Norwee case
You know, I'm convinced, VOTE: Norwee.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 1.2[4]
NorwegianboyEE
: mastina, Something_Smart, Mistyx, Bell
[4]
Datisi
: Dannflor, fireisredsir, Frozen Angel, NorwegianboyEE
[2]
Charloux
: Titus, NorwegianboyEE
[2]
Val89
: Alisae, Datisi
[2]
Marashu
: PenguinPower, catboi
[1]
Titus
: Charloux
[1]
Alisae
: Val89
[1]
Mastina
: SCRRRDBEAR
[1]
Something_Smart
: Shiidaji
[1]
Dannflor
: Marashu

[2]
Not Voting
: Cephrir, Shiro

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to eliminate.

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-10-30 12:12:34).

MOD NOTES• have fun!

• let us know if you have any questions, or if something's wrong!

• a joint mod iso may be found here!
Last edited by Ydrasse on Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Bell »

Something feels wrong.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: datisi
<(") | (")>
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 573, mastina wrote:Exactly, fire.

You'd know exactly the sort of reaction I think this is and why it's scum from you having made this sort of reaction when you were scum.

I think Alisae is scum here for similar reasons I thought your reaction to my claim made you scum. It's not identical, but it's similar--Alisae's reaction is overblown. Alisae's reaction is disproportionate. Alisae's reaction was a snap-reaction that was fairly OMGUSy. Sound familiar to you?

Because to me those are the hallmarks of scum that made a somewhat-panicked snap-decision to react to a town player hitting a nerve.
in cafe my reaction was less "she's got things exactly right oh no" and more "wow she's being misleading about her result i can try and dunk on her for this"

it did result in the reaction being a bit overblown/overconfident but it came from a different place than you're saying, if that makes sense

i agree though that alisae's reaction felt kinda over the top. their explanation of it afterwards made more sense to me tho
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 583, Bell wrote:Oh. I’m fine killing norwe if mastina is 97.5% certain they’re scum.
VOTE: Norwe
why does this feel sarcastic im confused
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 584, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 413, Bell wrote:
In post 412, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 411, Bell wrote:
In post 409, KittyTacky wrote:It's Charloux.

Are you scum?
I'm town.
*squints*
I believe you and I have no idea why.
It's because I'm town.
In post 417, Charloux wrote: Kitty's vote seems too opportunistic, just hopped on the biggest wagon quoting a random post and affirming that i'm scum.
What? I was reading through the backlog. Any vote would be that way. And that post threw off scum vibes.
In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 417, Charloux wrote:Mistyx, Datisi, Norweigan; What is even your goal with my wagon? Do you want me to explain my thought process for yesterday? Claim all my role details?
Explain my theory in detail? Do you want to get me to L-1 and act shocked when someone hammers?
My goal is to flip mafia.
Is this a death miller soft?

In post 478, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 476, Datisi wrote:why wouldn't i be clam?
insert shin photoshopped onto a clam
Done.
In post 485, Datisi wrote:okay yeah that makes sense

i'm probably gonna tentatively lean fire town for this; while i think he is capable of faking this thought process / noticing those things as scum, i think it is more likely to come from town, so
Yeah. For me, though, his posts REALLY pinged town, by tone.

Re: The whole Norwee case
You know, I'm convinced, VOTE: Norwee.
Me and Alisae teamed is some real level 0 thinking Mastina. You’re better than that.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Didn’t mean to quote that.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I also don’t intend to argue with all that text. You’ll either realize you’re wrong or i can die. I don’t rly care. I signed up to play with Alisae not get stressed out by the game. That’s why i’ll keep posting all of my thoughts almost exlusively in hood.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You know, i think even Val can tell you that’s dumb logic you’re coming with.

- Bunno
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 585, Ydrasse wrote:

VOTE COUNT 1.2[4]
NorwegianboyEE
: mastina, Something_Smart, Mistyx, Bell
[3]
Datisi
: Dannflor, fireisredsir, Frozen Angel
[3]
Charloux
: Titus, KittyTacky, NorwegianboyEE
[2]
Val89
: Alisae, Datisi
[2]
Marashu
: PenguinPower, catboi
[1]
Titus
: Charloux
[1]
Alisae
: Val89
[1]
Mastina
: SCRRRDBEAR
[1]
Something_Smart
: Shiidaji
[1]
Dannflor
: Marashu

[2]
Not Voting
: Cephrir, Shiro

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to eliminate.

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-10-30 12:12:34).

MOD NOTES• have fun!

• let us know if you have any questions, or if something's wrong!

• a joint mod iso may be found here!
You made a mistake! My vote is on Norwee!

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Would be crazy if Mastina was scum and sacrificed their reputation by mislimming me on D1. But i think it could work.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Mainly because it’s so easy to argue: "Oh but why didn’t he play like (insert game from 1942 where i acted differently day 1 here)? Guess it was his fault we killed him"

- Bunno
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Mistyx »

why is that the only vote you seem to care about?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Every game lately is like this. I try play in a way that makes me have fun and also can solve at the same time. But i always end up feeling annoyed. I didn’t even really want to sign up to this in the first place. But now i’m here and just as expected i’m first wagon. All i can do is grit my teeth and bear it. I don’t even know why i manage to continue despite feeling miserable. It’s some kind of strange stubborness that never let’s up.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by catboi »

VOTE: kittytacky

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”