Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 430, Cephrir wrote:Why is Shiidaji town? That seems super random.
Posting tons of thoughts in the clan PT and absolutely nothing in the game thread, to me, indicates an emphasis on solving over appearing to solve. I can see scum going for hood pocketing, but the hood's big enough that you're not really going to convince people it's a masonry anyway, so it doesn't make sense to completely focus on that to the exclusion of appearing to do anything in the actual game.
In post 469, Datisi wrote:interesting, why?
I didn't really like , it seemed to be explaining away people's reads instead of engaging with them. is pretty shallow (in particular I think most of what I was doing was not particularly towny but easy to throw a townread at), and the feel TMI-y because Titus did not in fact confirm it, and I have a silly tinfoil that she mixed up PP and FA in because they're both her partners (and a less silly one that she mixed them up because they are both town).
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Datisi »

bear, buddy, it's *really* not difficult to figure you out.

also, why wouldn't i be clam? i get pushed for nonsense in the early game practically every other game nowadays. i didn't think the current pushes on me were very notable or interesting. i still wanted to address them.

pedit @dann - and i have him as even stronger town now for his posts.

on the topic of charloux - meh. i am *fine* with that answer, i vaguely remember agreeing with some stuff some said about him being town, and i don't wanna push on mech early anyway. so.

UNVOTE:

will be taking a break for dinner and a walk, then will relook at the game to see where i stand in terms of scumreads.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:10 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 448, Val89 wrote:I don't see anything that particularly pings me about Marashu from what is evident in this thread. Anyone from Thunder able to give me a TLDR on what's happening in there to want to wagon Marashu, or point me to it if it's already been given and I've missed it?
I HAVE DECIDED THAT MARASHU IS NULL (CLOSER TO SUS.) THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS BUT THERE IS A FEELING I HAVE THAT SOMETHING ISN'T RIGHT WITH THEM. IT COULD BE THAT THEY FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT ME AND I AM EXPERIENCING TRANSFERENCE. I WOULD RECOMMEND GIVING THEM SOME BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT AND ALSO KEEPING A CLOSE EYE ON THEM.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 476, Datisi wrote:why wouldn't i be clam?
insert shin photoshopped onto a clam
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:34 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 476, Datisi wrote:also, why wouldn't i be clam?
BECAUSE TOWN-YOU IS UNINFORMED WHICH CREATES UNCERTAINTY, SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT DISPLAYING.
In post 476, Datisi wrote:i get pushed for nonsense in the early game practically every other game nowadays. i didn't think the current pushes on me were very notable or interesting. i still wanted to address them.
THIS IS A FALSE NARRATIVE INTENDED TO EXPLAIN AWAY YOUR SCUM TELLS. IT IS TRUE THAT YOU ARE OFTEN PUSHED EARLY FOR BAD REASONS; HOWEVER, TOWN-YOU DOESN'T REACT THE WAY YOU ARE REACTING NOW BECAUSE TOWN-YOU HAS TO SORT THE PLAYERS PUSHING YOU. YOU AREN'T TRYING TO SORT PLAYERS LIKE ME WHO ARE PUSHING YOU, YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO APPEAR NONCHALANT AND HOPING TO GET TOWNREAD RANDOMLY ON ACCIDENT BY BEING PRESENT IN THE THREAD.

NEXT, ONCE YOU REALIZE THAT I WILL NOT BE TALKED AWAY FROM MY TONE READ ON YOU, YOU WILL FLIP YOUR READ ON ME AND MAKE BAD EXCUSES WHY MY READ ON YOU SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:40 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think that datisi as town would be capable of recognizing that bear is towny here but i do agree that his reaction to suspicion on him in general feels weird and off to me
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Datisi »

what do you mean i'm not displaying uncertainty? i haven't outed a read on dann or fire (because guess what, i don't have it), and i explicitly said i don't have a read on catboi or marashu. like... i am not certain on their alignment? i'm not sure why you're conflating being uncertain with being upset, but knock yourself out i guess.

so if i townread you for your push on me, i'm just asskissing you, but if i don't have a read on e.g. fire for his push on me because i think it's boring, i'm "not sorting". wait no, you said i'm not sorting you either. okay. sorry i'm not doing things according to your schedule.

pedit - fire, is that thought supported by meta or is it independent of it? what feels off to you?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Alisae »

btw is it just me or can I not highlight text then quote said text on mobile?

Anyway bear, I’m not buying this. While Datisi is liable to being uncertain and getting stunned at certain points in game, i think expecting datisi to be this way now doesn’t seem realistic. It’s also one of those things where it’s just easier to read later.
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:48 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 480, fireisredsir wrote:i think that datisi as town would be capable of recognizing that bear is towny here but i do agree that his reaction to suspicion on him in general feels weird and off to me
I AGREE WITH THIS COMPLETELY, IT ISN'T THE TOWNREAD ITSELF I'M SUSPICIOUS OF, IT'S THE CONFIDENCE HE HAS IN IT AND THE WAY IT FEELS LIKE HE IS SAYING THAT I'M TOWN IN ORDER TO APPEASE ME.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 481, Datisi wrote:pedit - fire, is that thought supported by meta or is it independent of it? what feels off to you?
meta in the sense that it doesn't feel like, natural for you, i guess

like the nonchalance feels kind of awkward and ingenuine, in a way that feels off based on just knowing you

idk about if it's supported by meta in the sense of does this feel more like your town or scum game, but the way you approach games as scum seems to vary widely and ive wrongly let go of suspicion before bc it didn't necessarily match up with prior scum experiences. it doesn't really match how id expect you to act as town, though
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Datisi »

okay yeah that makes sense

i'm probably gonna tentatively lean fire town for this; while i think he is capable of faking this thought process / noticing those things as scum, i think it is more likely to come from town, so
~M
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Mistyx

*stares gently at Datisi*
I’m not sorry.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Datisi »

?
~M
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:08 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 482, Alisae wrote:Anyway bear, I’m not buying this. While Datisi is liable to being uncertain and getting stunned at certain points in game, i think expecting datisi to be this way now doesn’t seem realistic. It’s also one of those things where it’s just easier to read later.
I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE ACCURATELY READ DATISI AND YOU ARE IN THE WRONG HERE. ULTIMATELY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT MY READ IS CORRECT, NOTHING I'VE SAID SO FAR IS BASED OFF OF UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS, SO YOUR INITIAL TAKE IS WRONG.

ALSO, I INTEND TO USE SOME OF THE 9 IRL DAYS PROVIDED TO RESET AND GIVE DATISI A SECOND-LOOK, AS OPPOSED TO FOLLOWING YOUR IMPLICATION AND WAITING UNTIL D9 TO WAGON MY SOLID D1 SCUM READ BECAUSE ???
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Alisae »

I’m actually ur probably wrong sorry
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Bell »

*shrug* I’m bored.
I’d like to move my vote because there are people to poke and I can’t poke you forever.
I mean, I could poke you forever but I’m not confident.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:16 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 490, Bell wrote:*shrug* I’m bored.
nothing is happening and honestly I am wasting posts by posting this post and the post before it where I told bear that his datisi scumread is wrong!!!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Bell »

Don’t worry though Datisi, you still mean the world to me. I’m sure eventually I’ll push for your elimination just because I know myself enough to know that it’s inevitable that I shall confirmation bias myself. I will sing you gently to your rest and you won’t even hate me for it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:19 am

Post by Bell »

@Mastina: are you a mason?
SCRRRDBEAR
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
SCRRRDBEAR
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:20 am

Post by SCRRRDBEAR »

In post 481, Datisi wrote:what do you mean i'm not displaying uncertainty? i haven't outed a read on dann or fire (because guess what, i don't have it), and i explicitly said i don't have a read on catboi or marashu. like... i am not certain on their alignment? i'm not sure why you're conflating being uncertain with being upset, but knock yourself out i guess.

so if i townread you for your push on me, i'm just asskissing you, but if i don't have a read on e.g. fire for his push on me because i think it's boring, i'm "not sorting". wait no, you said i'm not sorting you either. okay. sorry i'm not doing things according to your schedule.

pedit - fire, is that thought supported by meta or is it independent of it? what feels off to you?
THIS LOOKS LIKE A STRAWMAN FALLACY WHERE YOU ARE USING HYPERBOLE IN AN ATTEMPT TO DISCREDIT MY READ ON YOU.
In post 484, fireisredsir wrote: but the way you approach games as scum seems to vary widely and ive wrongly let go of suspicion before
NO!!
In post 491, Alisae wrote:
In post 490, Bell wrote:*shrug* I’m bored.
nothing is happening and honestly I am wasting posts by posting this post and the post before it where I told bear that his datisi scumread is wrong!!!
I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER SEEN A SCUM WAGONED ON D1 WHO DIDN'T HAVE AT LEAST 1 PLAYER ARGUING PERSISTENTLY THAT THEY ARE INNOCENT.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:00 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

Catching up. sorry for the walls incoming
In post 149, Marashu wrote:It was mainly snark and confusion on my end; I did think that it might be a PT slip but figured that scum would be more careful. I hadn't considered whether or not the scum PT would be open during pre-game.
I was too busy trying to figure out if I was misreading the title of the Clan PT.
yeah, ... what?

what do you mean with the bold
In post 153, Val89 wrote:I'm not sure I buy bell's explanation, and I'm also reading an twinge of complaint in SS's regarding the mod having potentially screwed over dark forest - and I don't understand why there would be "a hard time parsing this from any alignment." If you are Starclan, there is no need for a sample PM, because the sample PM is sitting in your inbox, no?

Nobody else seems to have had any trouble, and, while yes, I can see how being simultaneously a member of Starclan + a neighbourhood clan might be a source of potential confusion; I am wondering how it is possible to confirm in reply to the role PM ones "role and alignment" whilst that confusion remains. Surely you sort that out there and then while confirming?

What am I missing?
In post 154, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 153, Val89 wrote:If you are Starclan, there is no need for a sample PM, because the sample PM is sitting in your inbox, no?
I don't want to talk about the wording my role PM if said wording is not public knowledge.
Thats an interesting question actually

why would town you want the wording clarified to all slots when if its hidden you can potentially catch a scum slipping (as bell was getting pressured early for it)?

I know the sample pm had to be published for game integrity sake but that response is alarming me

and about bell, bell explanation was that as part of river clan knowing we need dark forest cats eliminated to win but he didn't know if dark forest cats are all the mafia or just a smaller group of them (like if we or just him had a special wincon or something)

Regardless I didn't see that inconsistent with his post at the time in river clan itself either and I find the attidue - and confusion about the "clan" wordings for both town and the neighborhood NAI on its own
In post 161, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:OUR LEADER (CHARLOUX) SEEMS ALIGNED WITH STARCLAN BECAUSE OF THEIR POSTS IN OUR CLAN PT
Why would you share that detail in main thread?
In post 204, Charloux wrote:
In post 199, SCRRRDBEAR wrote:
In post 193, PenguinPower wrote:But, Dr Worm wasn’t a really doctor. So you’re not really scrrrd.
SHARP PENGUIN. DO YOU WANT TO VOTE SOMEONE IN OUR CLAN TODAY?
STOP.GIVING.INFO.WHEN.WE.DONT.KNOW.MAJORITY.OF.SETUP.
VOTE: SCRRRRBEAR
I liked this reaction

Alisae being a bit lazy. no be lazy alisae. Dann is doing fine in these pages
In post 251, Cephrir wrote:Anyone who thinks there is exactly 1 scum in each neighborhood should mathematically be voting Titus.

Do we all agree that is a stupid assumption now? Great!
where did this suddenly come from. also titus can be scum or town regardless of that hypothesis so its kinda weird to tie those things together
In post 260, Charloux wrote:
In post 250, Titus wrote:
In post 230, Charloux wrote:I wish what happened in my hood stayed in my hood...
So 4 clans, 5 scum. My current theory is that scum are in 3 clans, and preventing them from knowing who the strays are is the key to this game.
That means no saying who the clan members are and no saying who the leaders are.
@Dann,

Let's break this down.
Arbitrary assumption regarding scum being left out. Neon sign of scum being left out of a clan.
Lack of telling me to shut up when I announced I was a stray + lack of objection with many hood claims already suggests no urgency to deny scum essential information from their alleged pov.
There was a total lack of pushback on my belief that I was the sole stray.

It's not enough to cry slip, but it's close.
Assuming i have 200 IQ and can put the pieces together as soon as they come.
Spoiler: I don't have 200IQ

The other leaders should be able to piece together why i made that theory.
I cant follow any part of this interaction over third read right now and its annoying me. there are absolutely no intel to make assumptions about how scum are distributed along the clans or out of it (unless if you have an intel to share with specifics) and any kind of speculations can actually lead to more fallacies than logic.

like why would you assume the mod didn't randomize properly the process?!
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/xe

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Mistyx »

VOTE: Norwee

thinking

not engaged, expect i will be sooner rather than later, but who knows

a lot of the interactions in this thread are kinda going over my head

cooled on char but still really like titus’s process there
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 495, Frozen Angel wrote:why would town you want the wording clarified to all slots when if its hidden you can potentially catch a scum slipping (as bell was getting pressured early for it)?
Bell-scum could have just asked the mod for it as soon as he got wind that something was up.

What I didn't want was for someone to be modkilled for talking about the wording of their role PM, which was liable to happen if the discussion went any further.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Mistyx »

In post 458, Bell wrote:Misty: Your standards for what you think is relevant is too high if you think there is one total player with alignment indicative posts so far. I’m not here to coach. But you’re going to be dead soon if you don’t alter course.

I consider gimmicks to come from strange people.@Bear.
In post 486, Bell wrote:VOTE: Mistyx

*stares gently at Datisi*
I’m not sorry.
not sure what to think about this

part of my gut wants to call the first post tmi on me since it’s not like he townreads me but maybe it’s just a weird style thing
Mistyx
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mistyx
she/xe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Mistyx »

val is probably town, the commitment to the alisae case and then cooling on the read unprompted didn’t feel like agenda (on phone so not grabbing postnums)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”