Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

/confirm
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why the green, Spy?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

OIC, my bad
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

claim
now
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

I say we give no one the Serum, ever. Problem solved.

Oh, and:
Mod wrote: Images: I am the only one who may post images outside of smilies. This is modkillable.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wall wrote: Suspicious that Porkens said that to get the serum.
Are you seriously putting this forward as a scumtell?

---

This whole business of """""""random""""""" (notice all the quotes) serum assignment is like communism (only works in theory).

I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.

What we need to do is start chucking people in the pit and then lynching them.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

P.S.
spyrex wrote: The fact that, due to the fear thought process, if he wins I sign his death warrant isn't going to be due to my machinations.
Sorry, but...
what
?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:This whole business of """""""random""""""" (notice all the quotes) serum assignment is like communism (only works in theory).

You know
this
how?
Which part?

Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.
That's fine and dandy, but if everyone else disagrees with your sentiment, do you plan to maintain that stance and refuse to help us?
Yes.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote:
Porkens wrote:I will not now, nor will I ever, vote for anyone in this game (including myself) to get powers.
That's anti-town.
I, obviously, don't think it is. I will do my best to prevent distribution of the Serum.
Wall-E wrote: I'm putting it forward as intentional. I thought of doing the same thing in the hopes that I'd get the reaction Spyrex gave from someone, but decided not to thinking it would be a little transparent. Apparently I was wrong if I'm the only one who thinks this.
You admit to considering intentionally decieving the town about your motives and opinions in order to get the Serum. And you admit it freely.

Do you wish to further interpret that SpyreX and I planned the exchange from the begining?

Either way, your interpretation of my action is wrong.
geraintm wrote: but i don't think the mod wouldn't have put it in there if it wasnt for power reasons, he must think we need it, so saying never i donthink is a good idea eitehr.
You say we are Mod's chosen people. You say we would be doing Mod's work. You say it's Mod's intent. What you forget is this: Mod is not on our side.

That said;
Geraintm wrote: I dont mind people campaigning for the serum, whether it influences me one way or the other depends on the person
Me either, and I hope those of you that don't agree with me about not using the Serum DO argue why we should use is and who should get it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens wrote:
geraintm wrote:

but i don't think the mod wouldn't have put it in there if it wasnt for power reasons, he must think we need it, so saying never i donthink is a good idea eitehr.

You say we are Mod's chosen people. You say we would be doing Mod's work. You say it's Mod's intent. What you forget is this: Mod is not on our side.

Both assertions are ridiculous. I challenge anyone to prove otherwise. The term WIFOM sounds applicable to this scenario, in my opinion.
I'm honestly not sure what you are talking about here, and I'm
especially
confused as to how you think WIFOM applies.

Test;

Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

Original Roll String: 1d3 (STATIC)
1 3-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

Original Roll String: 1d3 (STATIC)
1 3-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

well, it seems alright, tbh.

Look,
if
you are going to give anyone serum, this is a fine way to do it. At day 1, yeah, with a real random selection, you have a great chance of giving it to town. But but BUT; it's all or nothing. Once you decide with the dice who to give it to, any pussyfooting around is a scumtell.

I would still want to keep the Serum out of it, especially after day one. Now that Pandora's box is open, it will be a lot harder for you to keep yourselves from opening it again and again.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Porkens »

Wow, active game!!

I say that for today, at least, those of you who want to give the Serum to someone, you
must
abide by the random selection. Any argument against this is a scumtell.

I also agree, of course, that you must consider whether or not to use the Serum each day based on that day's situation.

I'm going to reiterate that I don't want to use the Serum at all, because I think using it has more risks than benefits.

But, if you are going to use it; see above.

I am completely against a "merit" based assignment today, and probably tomorrow, depending on what happens tonight.

Timeeater's posts have
not
impressed me so far this game, but I'm not convinced he is scum at this point, either. Since there is suspicion on him from multiple sides; I bet he's not going to be nightkilled anyway, so I...

Mycosynth: Timeater

I'm going to do a re-read tonight (if my internet is working from home :facepalmheaddesk:) to cast my lynch vote.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

Seraphim wrote: While I can't say your 'let's-not-serum-anyone' policy is exactly scummy, your prediction seems to bother me somewhat. It almost seems to be WIFOM; the scum obviously won't kill him at night, even if we de-metal him? I don't like this prediction at all.
My prediction
seems
to bother you
somewhat
? It
almost
seems
to be WIFOM? Could you please qualify this statement a little more? Right now it's comming off rather strong. [/sarcasm]

My point is not WIFOM. It's very simple logic. I'm not afraid of thinking or talking about what the scum might do given a specific circumstance, that's how the town wins football games.

To be clear, if we dump TE in the pit, and he isn't night-killed, that
does not
make him any more or less scummy. If I said that, then you could rightly call it WIFOM. If he is, in fact, town; dumping him in the pit doesnt matter because of the fact that
the scum will not kill him
. Now, if they
do
kill him, I guess the stink would be on me, but I'm willing to accept that.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Porkens »

ortolan wrote:He's claimed to be town, and fleshie, why would he claim town fleshie rather than town steel if he was in fact mafia steel?
...so we wouldn't throw him in the pit?

(p.s. Now this, this is WIFOM.)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Porkens »

Since we can't 'synth and lynch a metal to death in one night, I think we'd be better off just lynching the scummiest person while synthing the next scummiest person.

Of course, at L-1 we'll get a claim, and we can decide from there.

I'm still in favor of synthing time-eater. His claim still puts him at the top of my scum-list right now. And as per my previous 'prediction,' I think he'll be semi-safe as town anyway, so my vote stays for that.

Now for the lynch, I'm going to agree that Seraphim is a good choice for day 1. He's willing to waste the 'synth on Wall-E (who hasn't come off as overtly scummy for me) in what I can see as a semi-random assignment. I think it's scummy to want to use the 'synth less than purposfully. However, I think I see what he is saying about declairing night actions after getting the serum.

that's all the time I have for right now, I'll finish up later today.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Porkens »

I say we just synth whoever we are lynching, as a fail-safe.
Imagine if we try to lynch someone only to fail, and still have good reason the next day, to believe that person to be scum. Then we would have to synth the person, wait another day, then lynch them.
You know what? This actually makes pretty good sense to me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Porkens »

~Mod: Oh! So we can't even TRY to do both to the same person in the same evening. That's a horse of a different color. I was under the impression that if we synthed/lynched the same person, they'd be lynched if they were fleshy or de-metaled if they were steel. Well there goes that idea.

@Gremwell; I don't want to assume that the law of averages applies to metal. Don't read this as outguessing the mod but; I don't think he would assign metal randomly to both scum and town. My gut tells me that most, if not all, of the scum are metal, and the town has few, if any, metal roles. My guts been wrong before, but until proved otherwise, I'll expect a worst-case scenario and go with it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote:I worried the setup might require a myco-lynch combo to kill mafia in the lategame if we failed to myco once too many times.
I, too, deeply fear this. I can only assume that the mod has taken this into consideration and wouldnt make a setup where we'd loose my miss-mycoing once or twice.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Timeater wrote:As for the serum process tomorrow, I'm gonna have to go "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" - I highly recommend we keep on doing the random seruming at least until the endgame. Because on the off chance Tuber is scum, and we just hurfdurf gave him the serum, we need to dedicate ourselves to the random process, so we harvest the greatest benefit from the process - higher probability of a townie receiving a power.
Blindly commiting to the random serum until endgame is short shighted and wrong headed. Yes, it will always have a higher probablility to be granted to town than to scum, but the effects of granting it to a scum would, theoretically, be much, much worse at endgame.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote:"Because I'm town" is never a good reason, Porkens, and your counter attack is unrelated to your vote on me and is OMGUS.
I usually don't make "huh?" posts but...

HUH?

What are you talking about?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Porkens »

Spy, TE; The slap fighting has got to stop, guys. It's not pro-town in the slightest, and it's only going to degrade into OMGUS.

@Illuminati;
Quote:
Since you turned out to not be lying then, I'm much more comfortable trusting you now. (So don't be scum.)
If this isn't wifom, I don't know what is.
Sorry, I don't get it; how is this WIFOM?

@Random: Like I said before, once you committed to a random assignment for the serum, you're locked into it. You can't even re-roll without muddying the whole thing. It doesn't matter one way or the other if it's going to be "wasted" on a lurker, regardless of whether the mod replaces him or extends the deadline or whatever. This shouldn't have ever been an issue in the first place.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #20) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Porkens »

I think Spy and TE are just pissing eachother off, honestly. If one of them were scum, I'd say it was TE because, for me, TE's unrequested claim still comes off as a scum move.

Spy, you participated in the random serum idea originally, didn't you? I mean; no, there wasn't a majority consensus, but you can't distance yourself from the process completely now can you?

So Spy says he wants us to lynch him and synth TE. TE should be just fine with this if he believes Spy is scum. The fact that he isn't ALL OVER this idea is a tell in and of itself.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

That all said, I think we need to reach a 'synth majority before we cast the last lynching vote.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why should I be fine with the town losing its only metalloid? D1 no less?

Why is that ok?
How do you know you are the towns only metaloid?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #23) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'd honestly be MUCH MUCH happier with lynching ortolan, Seraphim, or, well, CF Riot.

From my point of view, BEST case scenario; we intentionally misslynch today and, if this town can pull it together (which I kinda doubt), we lynch a de-mettaled scum tomorrow.

There are my reservations.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

If all the idiots (myself included) could just for a moment stop tearing into
eachother
I'll reiterate that I'm really starting to like the idea of an Ortolan lynch.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

His claimed role pm suggests it.
Answering questions directed at other people.
In the worst case scenario, if you're both town, then we'll have a lynched townie and someone who the scum may/may not decide to kill that night. If you weren't put in the myco they would just choose someone else to kill who, again assuming your role pm is true, would be guaranteed to be flesh. There's really absolutely no justification for not going with SpyreX's plan.
So, regardless of the fact that Ort thinks the role PM confirms that TE is metal, he still wants to 'synth him.

This worst case scenario scares the piss out of me. Yes, yes, lets misslynch and misssynth two town right off the bat. I call that risk a substantial justification for not following Spy's plan.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

CF Riot, if we lynch SpyreX then it basically confirms you, and to a lesser extent Porkens as town.
It certainly would NOT do anything to confirm either of us, how can you possibly come to that conclusion?? Because they say they trust eachother?
If neither of you is lynched there is going to be *extremely* strong suspicion, not least from me, for the rest of the game against you and SpyreX. I don't see how you could possibly not be in favour of something that will essentially clear you as town for the rest of the game.
God, strike my last post entirely. THIS is why we should hang him.

unvote

vote: Ortolan

And in case it isn't right;

unsynth

synth: Timeater
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

You're playing down the risks of this plan, when it could
easily
end in two dead townies.

You say that SpyreX's flip would either "basically clear CF" or "implicates CF and me." This is simply not true. Spy's flip has no bearing on CF's or my own alignment.

You're pushing hard for this plan, even though it could easily leave us with 4 dead townies on day 3.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm only supporting Timeater getting synthed *if* SpyreX (I might be happy to settle for anyone else in my suspected trio at this point) gets the lynch
And how is that going to work? Are you going to wait for the lynch to re-synth?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (isolation #29) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

Spy flipping town doesn't confirm that either I or CF are town. You should stop saying that it does.

Get your mind right, please.

This is nothing,
nothing
, but OMGUS on your part.
and I've got to answer Porkens' last few posts because they contain some truly horrible arguments.

Firstly, your question addressed to Timeater in the first place was stupid, as it was obvious what his claim to be the only metal townie was based on.
No, it wasn't obvious. And why, god why, are YOU answering questions directed at HIM?

@ the rest of your last post:
Look, I'd rather go with my plan because I think Spy is town. I think lynching him has a 100% chance of killing a town. And, I don't think this town is GOOD enough to follow his plan anyway. We probably wont even lynch TE tomorrow. So, I'd rather go with someone who's reacted (in my opinion) quite scummily to Spy's plan.

Your exploding over the top here at me and I'm not quite sure why. I would request that you stop flinging insults around, if that's at all possible for you.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

God damn it.

unvote
vote: Ortolan

unsynth
synth: Timeater
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

:headdeaskfacepalmchairfloor:

We are done talking to each other. Good luck in this and future games.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:46 pm

Post by Porkens »

^^^that.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

God, CF, if you're scum, I can see you winning this one already. But Ort is just shoveling himself deeper with every single post, so I don't really care!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm backing it.

But I'll hang you too if that's what needs to happen. And, hell, when you flip town I'll be 10000% cleared and probably a cop, so...that's good for me too!
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm here. Unvote,unserum,unmetalthingy
P.P.S. quotes need to be bold AND in color [color=red...whatever][/color]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

mod wrote: Lynching: The day ends with a No Lynch if there is no majority.
I'm pretty sure that's the anser
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

Wall-E wrote: How will anyone flipping anything confirm anyone town or scum?
It won't, I'm just making fun of someone.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by Porkens »

ITT the fact that nobody is defending Timeater is a scumtell on him.
I don't follow this, actually, why would that be a scumtell?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Porkens »

TE, which is more important, keeping your metal or lynching spyrex?

It would be a pretty damn obvious bait and switch if he didn't make good on his self-vote promise after you 'synthed yourself.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'd still rather lynch Ort.

The benefits of synthing a scum metal FAR outway the risks of synthing a town metal.

So I really support synthing TE.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (isolation #41) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Porkens »

It's sure not looking that way.

Illumina
FoS
on you for not addressing the Ort situation at all.

Oh, and what will you think when Spy flips Town?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (isolation #42) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

We need to USE the synth. Anyone who hammers this before we reach a majority on a synth (ANY synth) is acting anti-town. I'd prefer to synth TE, but really, whoever, as long as we USE it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Post by Porkens »

@Wall-E; Illuminati came back from, sorry but, lurking and slapped his
synth vote in a worthless place. I don't want others to follow his example.

@Illuminati; you ask an interesting question, I honestly don't think I have a good answer for you. But let me ask you one back; How can we trust TE, or any claimed metal, enough to give them the Serum? Aren't we just inviting the scum to claim town metal in that case?

@General; I think 'synthing TE is a good plan. I don't trust him, because of how he claimed, and how his arguments with Spy have gone. I agree with Spy that having a town metal claim on D1 is more of a liability than a benefit. I think we could neutralize the incredible amount of WIFOM it's generating simply by synthing TE.

@Spy's suicide; Normally, I'd be all for this play, if I thought the town was going to make any good use of it. But I don't think that we will. We're already dangerously close to a lynch without using the 'synth at all. But, I don't want to see a no-lynch either. I'd still much, much rather hang Ort.

@General; TE came into this recent conflict claiming that Spy was certainly scum. In his last few posts, toward deadline, I've noticed some backpeddling. He's preparing for Spy to flip town. My day 1 guess for scumteam S&S is: Ort, TE, and Illum with a side of 3rd party maybe SK Wall-E.

The rest of you are just too damn lurky.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

So, TE, you've said now that your might have had some flaw, do you still think SpyreX was scummy for coming after you?

To A and B; I appreciate what you're trying to get across here, but, sadly, we can't really rely on the flavor to tell us alignment. We could argue back and forth about why Triskelion should be good (used on Urza's side), bad, or neutral (artifact, a tool, 3rd party), but it doesn't mean anything, ultimately.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (isolation #45) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

Timeater concerning Wall-E wrote: You're being very fence-sitty.
This I whole-heartedly agree to.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (isolation #46) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yep. I am sitting on this fence. In fact, I am standing on it, looking out at a bunch of people fighting in the mud, and before I leap down on someone with all the force and rage of a townie who's been forced by bad play on the part of certain townies to SIT on said fence until the middle of gorram DAY #$@#@% ONE, you'd better believe someone's going to need a new set of teeth.
Fence sitter.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ooops, sorry, I didn't see the question you had directed at me. But...really, you just admitted you've been fence-sitting, so don't attack me for agreeing to it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (isolation #48) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Porkens »

CF Riot wrote:
Unvote, Unsynth
Vote: SpyreX
Synth: Wall-E

Everyone should vote Ort. Everyone should myco TE. If anyone actually tries to be helpful I'll be checking often to switch back.
I don't think this counts, CF. As I read the rules, only those who arean't voting may cast a vote at this point.

Therefor, I think we are boned.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (isolation #49) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Porkens »

Lord, this town fails.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #50) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Porkens »

Hey, I hope I'm wrong, but;
In the case of a tie: I will extend the deadline 24 hours and all player not voting for the two players in the tie will be unvoted and may only vote for the tied players. If at that time there is a tie, then the day will be a no lynch.
and
All votes for players not in a tie are unvoted, and you may only vote for the tied characters.
That's just how I read it. I hope I'm wrog, like I said.

Unvote
Vote: SpyreX

Unsynth
Synth: Wall-E
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (isolation #51) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Porkens »

It's awesome how that's worked out. I'm pretty sure I told you so.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (isolation #52) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Porkens »

But just think; If you switch your synth vote to Wall-E, we'll atually USE it
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #53) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Porkens »

Actually, CF, I don't think it matters at all in this case because Wall-E was already voting to synth TE.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (isolation #54) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:37 am

Post by Porkens »

I'm back. I'll do a re-read tonight and have my votes and questions for you all.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (isolation #55) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Porkens »

Well, the last couple of days of this game has spun my head around. I'll give the promised re-read before Monday. Sorry for the further delay.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (isolation #56) » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

Well, here's just some basic thoughts on some people;

Ortolan;
in 661 you promise some “ideas about avenues we can go down” Where are those? 663; Rolefishing much? In 668 you say there’s no reason for town to conceal their abilities. I don’t agree at all. In 683 I partially agree with you: serum’d people should claim only if it would be better to out their ability. I don’t think we should have a blinket policy about this. However, 706 rings true for me. The only possible problem I see is that we have no idea about the specifics of CF’s power. Although, I really don’t understand why you interpret his talk about Wall-E as a metal claim.

Timeeater;
I agree with your self-vote in 662. Again in 669 I agree with you. Lynching you without discussion is not pro-town, however. 676 it’s not pro-town to ask Sera for a role-claim until he’s the likely lynch. 678 – God, why? 697 – Discussion is not anti-town. Trying to squash it by yelling “lynch me now lynch me now,” is. 703 - Please ask for a replacement, you’re no longer welcome in this game as far as I am concerned.

Tony;
In 661, Discussion about how the random serum should be handled must come first. Doing it after the fact is just muddying the waters.

Seraphim;
In 672, why are you so eager to role-claim? 699 feels like bussing to me. 708 is repeating current discussion.

CF Riot;
667 and 686 and 702 QFT (not really quoted).

MafiaSSK; 691
– You might as well claim your entire role. Or paste your PM. 701 – “Metal Fleet” sounds like a faction to me.

This game has kinda been screwed up because of the serum rules revision, honestly. Now we have to second guess the mod, bless his heart.

A massclaim sounds like a bad idea to me, personally. But, I believe Ort's claim, based on how it compares to my PM. Further, I'm happy to lynch TE. So;

Lynch: Timeater
Mycosynth: Serraphim
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (isolation #57) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

Some thoughts on Flavour

1. Timeater
TE's Role PM wrote:Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Abilities: You are metal. You cannot be killed in any way.
Win Condition: You win when you are the last faction remaining.
MafiaSSK's Report on Timeater wrote:Triskellion, Metal Flee
Triskelion- the card has no mention of "metal fleet," Maybe this is a reference from the novels? I'm still not getting a warm and/or fuzzy feeling from "Metal Fleet" as a Role instead of an alignment.

2. Seraphim
Seraphim's Role PM wrote:You are the Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver. As the living ancestral home of the Blinkmoths, who make the Blinkmoth Serum(go figure...), you have a lot of Blinkmoth Serum. This should help the town somehow.
Abilities: Each day, you may target a player. That player will be given the Blinkmoth Serum, activating their innate abilities.
Blinkmoth Nexus- maybe you could make someone metal if you got the serum? Your card has more than one ability. Maybe you do, too. I can't tell if the serum would be intended as a scum, 3rd party, or town power.

3. Spyrex
Spy's Death wrote: SpyreX:
Name: Krark-Clan Shaman
Alignment: Town
Role: Metallurgist
Metal Status: Flesh
Krark-Clan Shaman- The flavor text doesn't mention 'metallurgist,' but it does include the phrase "melting stuff." My guess is that Spy could have de-metaled someone had he gotten the Serum.

4. Wall-E
Wall-E's Death wrote: Wall-E:
Name: Auriok Champion
Role: Hero
Auriok Champion - Again, "Hero" doesn't apear in the card text. This might lend some weight to TE's claim and report of "Metal Fleet."

5. Ort and Me

Ort's Role wrote: "You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist."
Glissa Sunseeker- No mention of protagonist. However,
my
PM says "Now, the elf-girl Glissa is ready to face Memnarch. You will give your support to her cause." So unless Someone wants to CC Ort for Glissa, or unless Ort is a FANTASTIC liar, I'm going to go with him as on my side.

My Card- It's green (like Glissa), my "Role" (Where 'protagonist' and 'metal fleet' appear in the other role claims) is part of the card name.

6. MafiaSSK

MafiaSSK's report is confusing. At this point I think it could either be A. a cop report, or B. a role-cop report.

A) If "Metal-Fleet" is, indeed, an alignment, then MafiaSSK is a cop, and almost certainly town, while TE is scum or 3rd party.
B) If "Metal-Fleet" is a role, then MafiaSSK is a role-cop, and most likely scum, while TE is then almost certainly town.

If we lynch TE, we might get a scum or waste a townie. But; we'll know what kind of cop MSSK is, and can act acordingly.
If we put our tin-foil hats on, and lynch MSSK, we could be getting a scum or wasting a powerful townie, or, of course, SSK could be metal.

TLDR;

1. I'm inclined to believe Ort's claim. If Glissa (Ort) is a scum role, I'll be horrified.
2. I don't know what to think about Seraphim's power, but I believe his claim.
3. If TE is town, MafiaSSK is probably scum, and Visa-versa.
4. I think it's a better idea to lynch TE today, rather than MSSK, because while the information gained is the same, the risks are less.

So my lynch stays

Case for this next is forthcomming;
unmycosynth

mycosynth: Geraintm
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (isolation #58) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

bah, sorry, I forgot we have to synth MSSK if he might need hanging tomorrow;

unmycosynth
mycosynth: MafiaSSK
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (isolation #59) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

@Tony;
I, personally, have never seen a town-aligned role-cop. That doesn't mean such a role could not exist, but I don't really see the point of it.

I don't have a great feeling about MafiaSSK anyway; his posts have been extremely minimal and a little vague for someone who had a known power role.

So I'm torn, but I think it's more logical to lynch TE with the one hand and get MSSK ready for the lynch with the other.

@Lurkers;
You know, I
just
lost a game to mafia lurkers. Illumina for sure, Tony mostly, and Grem still a bit; If TE flips town, I'm basically going to call MSSK off the hook, and you three are going to start getting hounded.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #750 (isolation #60) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

MafiaSSK wrote:I got role-cop from the serum. I do not wish to full claim at this moment.
Ok, so you confirm that you are a role-cop. So "Metal Fleet" is TE's role (but what the hell that means we still don't know). I think that was said earlier, but let's just reiterate it to be perfectly clear.

1. Why did you investigate TE?
2. Do you now think TE is town? Why or why not?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (isolation #61) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:57 am

Post by Porkens »

Gremwell wrote: I think Role cop could easily be town in this setup, he would basically work as a metal detector without giving too much away, so we would need 2 investigations, one for metal and another for alignment.
Do you think "Metal Fleet" means that person is steel? If so; then it's not really a role-cop.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (isolation #62) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Porkens »

geraintm wrote:Porkens - someone later on asked the same question, role cup = scum why? not seen the role before in a game,s orry for beign thick
I'm not trying to make anyone feel ignorant, and I may be wrong. However, it's unusual, in my experience, for the town to have a role-cop.

First of all, a role-cop is more valuable to scum than town. It's in the town's best interest to determin alignment, so they can find the scum. It's in the scum's best interest to discover abilities, so they can murder people in the most effective way.

Moreover, in a game with such thick flavor as this (where the roles are almost unrecognizable), getting a report of "Triskelion, Metal Fleet," in which 'Metal Fleet' could be either the role, the alignment, or the metal status, I'm struggling to see how a role-cop would be valuable at all, to either side.

I think it's unreasonable to expect that the town 1. Give the Serum to a metal detector, 2. Have that metal detector check a suspects metal status, 3. Dip that suspect in mycosyth, and 4. Hang that suspect. Now we are talking 3 nights to kill one scum.

Looking at it again, I would say "Triskelion" is the Role, and "Metal-Fleet" is alignment/faction. Sadly, this does not agree with what MSSK has, himself, told us.

So I'm even more confused :cry:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (isolation #63) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Porkens »

CF Riot wrote: For TE's info, Triskelion is the name, he claims town-aligned as his faction, and Metal Fleet is the role I would assume.
Yeah, I think you are right.

That's good, because it makes the world make more sense. I was getting hung up on "Triskelion" being more than just a name.

So, I guess at this point, I no longer see a lot of value in lynching TE straight away. MSSK has claimed role-cop, and that's what I was balancing my ideas on. Let's just wait and see how this pans out.

unvote

Questions for MSSK Quoted for Visibility wrote:
1. SSK, I'd like to know. Was your result "Steel Fleet" or was it TE's entire PM that he quoted in thread? Or something else?

2. And again, why did you inspect him?

3. I know what I've said about claiming roles in thread, but I'm starting to think that for this situation, where you've already said what your role is and it's under suspicion, a PM quote is in order. If you can give a solid reason why you shouldn't without giving anything away, go ahead.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (isolation #64) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

MafiaSSK wrote: the role sounds town enough to me.
How so? To me, it sounds neutral, at best.
MafiaSSK wrote: The flavor was that I could see through the near limitless records that the
Vedalkens
have, and learn their profession and name
Vedalkens, huh? Now I really want to see a full claim from you.

Unsynth
Vote: MafiaSSK
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (isolation #65) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

You said this earlier;
I got role-cop from the serum. I do not wish to full claim at this moment.
Why?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Porkens »

MafiaSSK wrote: Felt no pressure to do so.
That seems strange to me, I mean; you
said
"I don't wish to claim further." If you really felt no pressure to do so, then why mention your intention not to claim?

Do you have any thougths on the game thus far, other than "he had the most votes so I rolecopped him"? Who do you think is scum and why? Can you go through and answer CF's questions (762), too?
geraintm wrote: is it at all likely there might be a 3rd party? i don't know the story well enough, could there be?
Why do you bring this idea up?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm actually finding it highly informative.

And I say we lynch MafiaSSK.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Jesus, how many alts do you have? I don't see you posting in more than one other game with either of the accounts you've used in this thread.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (isolation #69) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Porkens »

Welcome! I really look forward to seeing what you have to say :)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (isolation #70) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Porkens »

Seraphim wrote:Hello, Vi. I promise I won't abandon this game like our last game together. XP

Unvote

I really don't have an opinion of who to lynch right now. I do know who I want to serum, however.
Yourself?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (isolation #71) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ort wrote: Secondly, MafiaSSK. I don't see why his usage of his ability on Timeater was a bad move.
Also; on Porkens point about him being "claimed rolecop"- I don't think this is necessarily the case- there is at least one alternative I can glean from his apparent breadcrumbing.
MafiaSSK wrote:I got role-cop from the serum. I do not wish to full claim at this moment.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #72) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

:o do you think he's lying?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (isolation #73) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

MafiaSSK seems like an obvious choice to me. Any further thoughts on that CF?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #810 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:
Porkens: Talking mostly about the setup during the first half of D1 bites. You said something in 444 (thereabouts) that needed clarification; don't remember what. It looks like ~449 you claimed serum-fueled Cop; is this accurate?
I've done no such thing, I'm not sure where you got this from.

@CF; I was wondering why you didn't want to
lynch
MSSK.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

CF wrote: I think serum-vigging him might be better.
Wait, did I miss a page or something? What are you talking about with serum-vigging?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (isolation #76) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote: Post 497, 'should be at the end of this link. Yes, I know that you're making fun of ortolan here, but even so, checking up.
Ok, so now you've [del]rolefished[/del] checked.
Vi wrote:Porkens, when did you decide to take your anti-merit stance on the serum D1?
I've been completely anti-serum since the morning of Day 1. If some people want to Serum, in the early parts of the game (which we are almost done with), it should be Random. In the later stages of the game, it must be merit based on who's actually cleared.
Vy wrote:1. In 444, you say that the best-case scenario is an intentional mislynch.
2. This combined with how you only deal weakly with the actual players for your first 25 posts reflects poorly on you.
3. You kick ortolan around like a beach ball, but outrightly tell him that SpyreX will flip Town (553).
1. It was.
2. Don't care.
3. I was certain he would.

@MafiaSSK: We all got large PMs from the mod at the beginning of the game. please copy/paste yours. That's what people are asking you to do. So, no, you have not full-claimed.

@CF: I seeeeeeee. Interesting. Well, I actually see some merit in using the serum on MSSK in that light. I'd still rather just lynch him, though.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

So, you don't want to Serum CF, because he asked you not too.

But, you want to mycosynth him?

I really don't understand.

And this sentence doesn't have a clear meaning, can you restate it:
I can't help but feel that CF's claim that his unclaimed ability may come in handy later if he's kept alive that long, while it apparently served no good last night and he doesn't want it tonight.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don't think you mean 36...
Porkens 36 wrote:
mod wrote wrote:
Lynching: The day ends with a No Lynch if there is no majority.

I'm pretty sure that's the anser
[/quote]
Vy wrote: Intentional mislynches are good for Town? Whatever happened to, y'know, lynching scum?
At BEST, you are simply misunderstanding what I said.
Vy wrote:As far as being certain that SpyreX would flip Town, why not try applying some of that certainty to finding people you know will flip scum?~
I'm pretty certain you are scum. MSSK too.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (isolation #79) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

I do mean 36.

Wall-E 35: "I have something to gain by getting the serum. I'll claim if I have to."
Porkens 36: "claim
now"

That's both a contradiction to your anti-serum stance and a rolefish. Congrats.
Ahhh, I see. I honestly didn't care why Wall-E was threatening to claim; the fact that he did so made me want him to 'shit or get off the pot.' ALL of us have "something" to gain by the Serum. Role-Fishing? Give me a break.

Your posting has been grand. TE's posts were poisoned with his initial claim (what I still believe to be a scum move). MSSK is a role-cop. I've never seen a pro-town role cop, I don't see the point. MSSK is also dancing like crazy around the idea of c/p-ing his PM.

I vote NO on a deadline extension.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (isolation #80) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yeah, except... no, actually.
As far as rolefishing goes, that move still stands at odds with everything you have said and done beyond then. Besides, why would you care if you didn't want anyone to get the serum in the first place?
He was essentially saying "Give me the Serum, my role is so cool that if you read what it is, you'll want to give it to me." I asked him to prove it.

No sarcasm about your posting, until this one, it's been fine.

If you read his responses so far, you'll see that MSSK hasn't followed basic instructions.

Gaming the setup? Fine, so be it. With a town this scummy, it has come to that, yes.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (isolation #81) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Mafia got the serum randomly and did
something
. Mafia "confirming" TE was easy because he had already claimed.
But he wont c/p his role.
And he's being, as far as I can tell,
intentionally
vague.
So, as I said in another post; either MSSK or TE/VY is almost certainly scum.
I'm happy to hang either of them to find out which is true.

Geraintm, stop making excuses for your lurking plz.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (isolation #82) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:Aww, but it's not like you tried to give the Town a chance first~
They didn't deserve one.
I'll give SSK a single more chance. (It's not like this is somehow different from SSK's norm; if anything it's actually slightly better <___< )
Fine by me.
VY wrote:And if your choice flips Town?
He being MafiaSSK? I don't think he will. But I'd look into the people defending him.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (isolation #83) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Porkens »

geraintm wrote:
no, you said they were both scum....
In my heart, I think they are. In reality, probably only one of them is.
sorry, but if people say i am lurking, i give explanations of why.
appology accepted.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (isolation #84) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:
Hogwash 845 wrote:
Vi wrote:Aww, but it's not like you tried to give the Town a chance first~
They didn't deserve one.
Even at the beginning of the game?
I think you're trying to cover for yourself.
I'm just really, really mad at TE for distructing the game with his boned-up play. This set-up is convoluted, and 99% of the discussion has been centered on it's mechanics. In your fantasy land, where people don't talk about the dynamics of the game, what would you like to see discussed? Realize, too, that looking at how people have discussed the mechanics of the game is just as valid as looking at who they want to lynch and why.
Swinub 845 wrote:He being MafiaSSK? I don't think he will. But I'd look into the people defending him.
How convenient, you can fit me into that broad category.
(Never mind that attempting to dissuade faulty wagons is pro-Town.)
Also, did you just say that he will likely flip scum
because he's SSK?
That's like saying I'll flip Town because I'm
VY
Vi.[/quote]

1. Actually, have you defended MafiaSSK? Not overtly. I'll go on record right now (again) as saying that if MSSK is scum, your role, however stupidly played by TE, is probably town.

2. I don't get it.

3. "He, being MafiaSSKK?" In your question, you asked what would I think if
he
flipped town. I had been talking about 2 people at the time. This sentence is clarifying which person you/I meant by
he

4. Yeah, I understand that I spelled your name wrong. My bad, V.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (isolation #85) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:1) This was done AFTER your call for Wall-E's claim. Besides, he's hardly the only person who "distructed" the game.
2) For better or (mostly) worse. The thing is, talking solely about the mechanics doesn't find scum.
3) Straw man. Talking about the setup is quite warranted, but not
exclusively
. I would sooner talk to the players about what they want to do and why, and get at their motives.
4) And you've done
such
a good job of it~ [/obvsarcasm]
1. He's the one I got pissed at, though. Who else ""distructed"" it?
2. It can.
3. uh huh, that's why I said
fantasy land
. So talking about "
what they want to do
" you differentiate from what I've been doing.
4. These insults aren't constructive.
VV wrote:
Porkens 848 wrote:2. I don't get it.
Just checking - What is your concept of "Pro-Town behavior"?
I...you...you want the list or something? Could you just re-state the origional question?
vee wrote:
Porkens 848 wrote:3. "He, being MafiaSSKK?" In your question, you asked what would I think if he flipped town. I had been talking about 2 people at the time. This sentence is clarifying which person you/I meant by
he
And immediately afterward you answered as if I were referring to MafiaSSK.
Right, I made it clear about whome I was talking, and then I talked. Was that wrong in some way?

----
CF Riot 851 wrote:But my point is you should ask me to claim just because I probably won't get the serum again.
*blink* Reword what you're saying? This seems to go against what you've said so far.
(Of course, if you want to claim, you have my permission.)[/quote]

QFT
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (isolation #86) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

CF wrote:Porkens, what would you say about a Tony Montana lynch? If you are against, why would your lynch candidate be better? If that candidate is SSK, would you say the serum-vig idea is a good play?
I'd lynch Tony Montana, sure. I think I mentioned him in an earlier post as a second choice.

I think the serum-vig idea is probably the best use of the serum I've seen proposed so far.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (isolation #87) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:
Porkens 853 wrote:1. He's the one I got pissed at, though. Who else ""distructed"" it?
2. It can.
3. uh huh, that's why I said fantasy land. So talking about "what they want to do" you differentiate from what I've been doing.
4. These insults aren't constructive.
1) Everyone that contributed to the D1 fiasco.
2) You don't have anything to show for it.
3) You talk about the setup. I talk about people. That's why I have more opinions than what's utterly obvious and based on what's happened in the last two pages.
4) Yes they are; they're another way of looking at why I'm voting you.
Porkens 853 wrote:I...you...you want the list or something? Could you just re-state the origional question?
No.
Come on, it's so obvious you don't have
any interest
in who's doing what.
Porkens 853 wrote:Right, I made it clear about whome I was talking, and then I talked. Was that wrong in some way?
You know very well that I'm referring to what you said after acknowledging that you were talking about SSK as the issue.
After thirty-plus pages of reading this game and noting your posts, I refuse to believe you're this dense.

Furthermore, you've chosen to be AGAINST a deadline extension when there's no majority in any direction and the 'line is in two days. If you really are this dense, and/or if you are Town-aligned in the end, I'm going to be... upset at the endgame.

--------
CF Riot 854 wrote:Do you understand or agree with me in the fixed version?
I disagree.
Without giving you the serum, you'll remain a Vanilla Townie with some extra information you're keeping from the Town, and you'll probably STAY a Vanilla Townie. Has it occurred to you that other people may get better results from the serum? It's awful hard to judge whether you should get it when we have no way of quantifying it outside your vague references.
CF Riot 854 wrote:1) Is okay, but I think the waffling that's happened already is enough.
2) and 3) seem to contradict each other. It's been said that if I'm town my results weren't useful either, so why is it okay to vig me but not SSK? What info would you get if I flipped town? I think SSK's power has the potential to be helpful, if he gets lucky on his target. It just depends on how transparent their role is.
4) Eh. I think Pork is town. I don't have great reason to though so I can't really argue this one. All I can say is compromise with me since we're about to be deadlined and you think TM is possible scum anyways.
5) is meh. I don't really have a read either way I just wanted you to back up your claims.
1) I'm too kind.
2 and 3) Because of the great lengths you're going to to keep yourself from saying what your role is, combined with your insistence that it's nothing special. Something doesn't match, but since if it's any good it's likely to be better than what SSK has to offer, I'll bite.
4) Reconsider that Porkens opinion for me. Meanwhile, I'll consider it but I'm still quite wary, especially since my #1 for scum endorses his lynch.
5) Who DO you have a read on?
Does that slot have a post restriction of "must post like an over-generalizing and beligerent jack-ass?" JUST CHECKING.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (isolation #88) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:Over-generalizing? Now
that
I take offense to. Give me some examples.
You're portraying what I've posted as 100% mechanics-based when they are not. You've said I'm "SO uninterested in what people say/do/act/pro-town"
Vi wrote:Also, act pro-Town for a change. Tell me who you have any opinions on. I've heard that SpyreX was Town for undefined reasons (830), SSK is scum because he hasn't fullclaimed, and I'm scum because of a claim way way back on Page 3. Beyond that, you generally don't talk about people. IIoA, very much so.
This is a good example. The three things you say; yeah those are some of the example you're looking for. If you want others, I suggest you re-read my posts in this thread, I'm not going to hunt them down for you.
You can also tell me why you're against a deadline extension when the Town needs it so badly.
Sure; This game has had plenty of time on this day. I don't think it's time to use our
one-shot
extra extension.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (isolation #89) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

If it comes to the 3rd and we're facing a no-lynch, then yes, certainly I'll vote for an extension.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (isolation #90) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Porkens »

i don't understand. you said like 2 posts before you thought in your heart they were both scum, but then say there you think time/vi isn't?
In my heart, I think they are both scum. In my brain, I think only one of them can be.

A sentence that begins with 'sorry' is an apology.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (isolation #91) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Porkens »

@Ort: I'm so torn about you.

You're basically presenting a "too good to keep alive" stance on CF.

I'm sorry but no, that sentence we've been talking about doesn't make clear sense. It's meaning is ambiguous. Is "may come in handy later if he's kept alive that long" part of CF's claim, or part of what the speaker feels? If the intent is the latter, then that's a pretty bad "gut feeling" to go off of.

I guess I really can't argue against giving the serum to Ort, if he wants it. Read my analysis of the claims if you don't understand why. I know this goes against my anti-serum stance, but I think empowering someone I really, really think is town is more important.

Serum: Ort

It hurts my
head
when I read how much leeway you are all giving to MSSK. It's not as crappy a case as you make out. What has he contributed to the game? Almost nothing. Is is "power" useful to the town? No. Does it make sense as a town ability? No. And he really hasn't pasted his PM yet? REALLY? Is there anyone else here who could 'misunderstand' our request for a full c/p? I honestly don't think so.

and

I'm not going to be able to post during the day today. Which is too bad, because this game is really getting interesting and I imagine a lot will happen today.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (isolation #92) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Porkens »

porkens, can you pour out your heart to us then and explain why you think they are both scum, i just don't see it myself and would really like you to explain
I think you should re-read.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (isolation #93) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:02 am

Post by Porkens »

just in case...

unvote

unmycosynth

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (isolation #94) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi, hats off to you. I apologize for being as much of a dick as I was. I'm humbled. I see where you are coming from, and I think you are justified in it.

For the record, I’m not sure of anyone in this game. I was fairly certain that, because of SpyreX’s offer to self-lynch, that he was town. I couldn’t see a way for him to get out of that.

I had so much red bluring my vision because of TE that I said some dumb things. I assume you’re right that I haven’t put an adequate case on Tony, Seraph, Geraintm, like you said.

I also got mad at Ort at one point, but his claim has to be true based on the flavor we have seen so far. I know that looking at flavor is dangerous and shouldn’t be done, but we have a lot to go on so far this game having to do with the flavor and I honestly don’t think it’s twisted.

At any rate, I’m glad you’ve seen your way to voting/synthing/mycoing all the right people, despite your no-doubt overwhelming desire to lynch me.

I’m pro mycoing CF. I like his posts and hope he’s town. But I too fear that he is very, very cleaver scum. He claims flesh, though, so we have little to loose.

unmycosynth

mycosynth: CF Riot
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (isolation #95) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Porkens »

Mod: If we are in a no-lynch or no-serum situation by deadline today, then I vote
yes
on using the extension.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #902 (isolation #96) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Post by Porkens »

Don't sweat the friction, Vi, I was unnecessarily hot under the collar that week anyway.

Let's see;

I have a pretty fair guess as to how Gremwell died...and I approve ;)

CF Riot, Illumina, TonyMontana, Porkens, geraintm, ortolan, and Vi.

Probably 2-3 scum left and maybe a 3rd party.

Like Vi said; seeing how the flavor has played out very straight-forward so far, I'd honestly be OK with a mass-claim today.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (isolation #97) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

Digesting Seraphim, no doubt.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (isolation #98) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

I agree.

If I'm right about why Seraph is dead, then I'm pretty sure my PR could bring someone back to life.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (isolation #99) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

I agree.

If I'm right about why
Gremwell
is dead, then I'm pretty sure my PR could bring someone back to life.
Fixed
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (isolation #100) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

My PM suggests that Memnarch would be what is referred to in Ort's PM as "ancient robot deity." The text on that card has some scary implications, as well :(
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (isolation #101) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ohhhhhhh, take a look at
Glissa
again...

I agree that the scum sure wouldn't have investigated Vi.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (isolation #102) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Porkens »

Simulpost with Ort last night; I missed post 906 completely.

Glissa's card can "destroy target artifact"
Gremwell was an artifact.

I assumed the serum turned glissa into a vig.

My PM:
mod wrote: Welcome, Porkens.

You are the Eternal Witness, town-aligned Witness. You remember the old world. Then Memnarch stole you away to this metal monstrosity he calls a world. For years, you have hidden, learning the passageways and hidden places of Mirrodin. Now, the elf-girl Glissa is ready to face Memnarch. You will give your support to her cause.
Abilities: You have no outstanding abilities at this time.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (isolation #103) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

we need the rest of the PMs
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (isolation #104) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Porkens »

Or,
not worrying at all
...?

vote: TonyMontana
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (isolation #105) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Porkens »

We are sure it will help the town more than scum.

Massclaim.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (isolation #106) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

Well, lets hear from TM and Germ first then, I'm fine with that.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (isolation #107) » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Porkens »

Fine with me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #942 (isolation #108) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hmmm, I wrote a post but it didn't seem to take.

Body Double, and his card, to me, looks like it means he could have taken a role from the graveyard. But since Ort wasn't a vig, I can't guess how he died.

I think it's pretty clear that anyone who reads this thread who hasn't done so yet, should make a full claim. That's still where we are at. The closer it gets to deadline, the happier I am just lynching a lurker at this point.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (isolation #109) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by Porkens »

I want to see it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #958 (isolation #110) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:
CF Riot 952 wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Vi
I'm blaming Grem's death on you. I think Ort is Glissa. You were the other one to be serumed last night. I still like my synth on Geraintm.
Is that so?~ But haven't I already told you what my serum power has done?

Vote
x2
(Lynch): TonyMontana
Vote
x2
(Serum): Porkens
Vote
x2
(Mycosynth): Illumina

tbqh I find you (CF Riot) to be most suspicious; at the same time your claim has been demonstrated well enough that there's no sense in arguing against it. Thus I will choose those who hesitated least.

----

General FYI: 'Deadline's in four days.
unvote

You call CF "the most suspicious," but you don't vote for him. I know: cliams blah blah blah.

I don't have time to digest what's happened in the last few hours; busy day at work, but I want to have input before a lynch.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (isolation #111) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

Okay! A vote count that confirms Vi's double votes; that's part of what I was waiting for. I'll do a solid post with my votes soon...ish (tonight)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (isolation #112) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

Lord, what a
mess
interesting game. I've got a lot of ideas going through my head. It's hard to separate the flavor from the mafia. Something that helped me to remember though was:
We hung MSSK because of his claimed role and behavior, not his flavor.

Now, there is a lot of stuff to consider at the moment:

First and foremost:

We had two kills last night, with two different kill flavors. That implies more than 1 killing faction. I originally thought this meant we had a vigilantly. But no one will admit to it.

I therefore think we should assume a worst-case scenario; that we now have:

2 scum, 1 Serial Killer, 4 Town.

So we are in a potential MYLO situation.

I've caught some typos in geraintm's Role PM:
Geraintm wrote:Welcome, geraintm.

You
are are
a Mycosynth Golem, Town-Aligned Metal Master of Mycosynth. You are the embodiment of Karn here on Mirrodin. He gave you specific instructions:
stop Memnarch using the mycosynth.
Now, Glissa Sunseeker has appeared to fight Memnarch, and they say the enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Now, as to whether the mod made those typos or Geraintm did, I honestly don't know which is more likely. Although, the idea that safe-claims had to be made in the heat of the moment would explain the 2 typos in this one PM.

Similar card abilities

Tony and I have different cards. But the ability on those cards is similar…
eternal witness:
When Eternal Witness comes into play, you may return target card from your graveyard to your hand.

Moriok Scavenger:
When Moriok Scavenger comes into play, you may return target artifact creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

Now, this won’t hold a ton of water, but since
I
am town, I suspect I have a scum-counterpart in Tony.

The Order of the Claims

Neither Illumina nor Tony claimed before Geraintm did. Late claims always worry me.

Who's Metal?

So far,
everyone
who has been metal has been given a role based on an
artifact
card. Who's role-claim doesn't line up with this pattern?
Illumina
's.

Illumina's claim worries me:

Nim Lasher strikes me as an out-of-place card to pick for the game. But, so did SpyreX's to an extent. It's also interesting that in this Role PM, Glissa isn't mentioned by name.

CF calling a black card scummy

Racist. No but seriously; This idea doesn’t ring right to me for two reasons. First, the only scum we have seen is Blue (which is also the color of CF's card). Secondly, the only scum we've seen is a Vedalken (who work with Memnarch), and CF's "Neurok Spy" card says that Neurok Spys work for the Vedalkens. So if color and card-affiliation are incriminating, as CF seems to suspect, he himself is actually the most incriminated.

so HOW did metal-boy die?!

Two people got the Serum last night -
Ort and Vi
. If we can possibly assume that
only
Serraphim had a free ability (to give the serum), as the rules of the game suggest, one of them; Ort and Vi, must have gotten an ability that let them kill Gremwell, even though he was metal.

Here’s what I think

1. I am not satisfied with Illumina’s hesitance to claim or the fact that he’s claiming metal when it doesn’t fit the pattern we have seen. So I’m fairly certain Illumina is scum.

2. I ‘m fairly certain (and horrified) that either Ortolan or Vi is an SK (I have an idea about which it is, but that's for another post).

3. Tony Montana is my pick for the last scum, based on the similarities between his rolecard and mine and the fact that he waited for geraintm to claim first. However, Geraintm's claim looks like a great mafia-goon role.

4. I think Illumina is the best lynch choice today (Because I'm fairly certain he is scum and I don't want to misslynch). And I think we should synth Tony Montana.

5. At this point in the game; I'm happy to be serumed.

Unvote
Unsynth
Unserum

Vote: Illumina
Mycosynth: Tony Montana
Serum: Porkens
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (isolation #113) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

Who’s the SK?

Like I said above; I think that the SK must be either Vi or Ort.

I can see either one being an SK for the following reasons.

Each of their cards has an ability that would coincide with the idea of a killing role.

I am abandoning the idea that Glissa
must
be town. That’s purely flavor-biased idea, and I really think this game is going to come down to more than flavor.

Ortolan could be the SK for the following reasons.

His serum-granted power is hard to verify, so it’s a great choice to claim as scum.

Vi could be the SK for the following reasons.

In this setup a 3rd party would need to be quite powerful in order to have a hope of winning.

A metal-kill and a double vote don’t actually sound that bad for a 3rd party. Especially so if these are limited use abilities.

An SK would need to convince the town to give them the serum. Don’t forget what set the tone for this whole game; it was TimeEater, claiming metal, and asking for the Serum. IIRC, Vi has also pushed for getting the serum.

Triskelion’s stuff (warning, this is flavor again), comes in 3s. A double vote is, at best, 2.

so…

I think I believe that TE/Vi is the SK. And I think we should lynch them/him/her today.

So that moves the mycosynth to Illumina (I was pained about not synthing illumina first anyway).

In his last couple posts this page, TM has also done quite a bit to sway me on him, so I’ll change my suspect list to Illumina and Geraintm for the time being.

Unvote
Unsynth

Vote: Vi
Mycosynth: Illumina
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #970 (isolation #114) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

And I think that's a majority on Mycosynth and Serum. So we just need someone to droppa duh hamma with a vote.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (isolation #115) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sorry for the
triple
quadrupedal post.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #975 (isolation #116) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by Porkens »

In the first one I did, but the second one is all I had left. I'm spent at this moment.

As for you request for TEH CLAIMS:
(In no real order)
timeeater wrote: Welcome, Timeater.

You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet. You were just flying through the skies one day when you happened upon a gaping hole in the razor fields. You entered. You found a veritable war going on between some fleshies and an army of robots. Being the multi-faced person you are, you have decided to help the fleshies.
Seraphim wrote: You are the Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver. As the living ancestral home of the Blinkmoths, who make the Blinkmoth Serum(go figure...), you have a lot of Blinkmoth Serum. This should help the town somehow.
Abilities: Each day, you may target a player. That player will be given the Blinkmoth Serum, activating their innate abilities.
SpyreX’s Death wrote: SpyreX:
Name: Krark-Clan Shaman
Role: Metallurgist
Wall-E's Death wrote:
Wall-E:
Name: Auriok Champion
Role: Hero
MafiaSSK’s Death wrote: Name: Vedalken Engineer
Alignment: Mafia
Role: Scryer
Serumed: 1 time.
Killed: Lynched Day Two
Gremwell’s death wrote:Name: Death-Mask Duplicant
Role: Body Double
Metal Status: Metal
Serumed: 0 times
Killed: sandviched Night Two.
Ortolan wrote:Welcome, ortolan.

You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist. Ever since your birth, you've had a mysterious power to destroy metal. And now you are having these visions of a non-metal world. And then there is the troll Chunth who is telling you you have the spark. Oh, that's not even to mention the ancient robot deity that is chasing you. You just want a place to lie down...
Geraintm wrote:Welcome, geraintm.

You are are a Mycosynth Golem, Town-Aligned Metal Master of Mycosynth. You are the embodiment of Karn here on Mirrodin. He gave you specific instructions: stop Memnarch using the mycosynth. Now, Glissa Sunseeker has appeared to fight Memnarch, and they say the enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Illumina wrote: You are a Nim Lasher, Town-aligned Lasher. You hail from the Mephidross swamp, which has been increasingly threatened by the overlord Memnarch. Perhaps this elf woman you've heard rumors about would make a suitable ally for overthrowing Memnarch.
Porkens wrote: Welcome, Porkens.

You are the Eternal Witness, town-aligned Witness. You remember the old world. Then Memnarch stole you away to this metal monstrosity he calls a world. For years, you have hidden, learning the passageways and hidden places of Mirrodin. Now, the elf-girl Glissa is ready to face Memnarch. You will give your support to her cause.
Tony Montana wrote: Welcome, TonyMontana.

You are a Moriok Scavenger, town-aligned graverobber.
Geth was told to send a few good men to the core of Mirrodin, and kill the elf Glissa. Well, you were one of those sent. And you failed. Now, you have joined up with the elf girl--your lord Geth forsook you, and his lord now wants you dead. It really was the only sensible option.
Abilities: You have no outstanding abilities.
CF wrote: Welcome, CF Riot.

You are a Neurok Spy, town-aligned Spy. Well, since Bruenna is sick at the Krark-Home base, you have been sent to help Glissa in her stead. Maybe your...talents can help in some way.
CF wrote: Welcome, CF Riot.

As you go to hide during the night, a crowd of moth-like creatures surround you. Soon, you feel a strange feeling. Then, time seems to slow. The world feels...different. It's obvious, you have ascended to the next level.

You have been serumed!
Using your powers as a spy, you can follow someone tonight, learning who, if anyone, they target.

PS: No, this is not a screw up. You are serumed.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (isolation #117) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by Porkens »

I think Vi is more likely to be godfather than SK, if he is scum- why would the SK only get a nightkill when they get serumed- that's the crappiest SK role ever- although I suppose this partially applies to my supposition that he is godfather also

My understanding of godfather is probably different than yours? Mine is: Will appear as town if investigated by a cop.

I'm anticipating more of a JOAT role from Vi as the independent party. Get the serum once-get a few one-shot or limited-shot powers; hence the confirmed double-voting and the suspected metal-murdering.

Also if I am an SK, it would seem quite a lame and unfair SK that seems to get guaranteed in almost ever player's pm (I did not know this at the time I claimed either, it was just lucky that I happened to look very scummy and it served to verify me). If Vi flips town I anticipate votes coming my way due to what Porkens said unfortunately, which would cause us to lose as I am town

I don't know what you mean by "guaranteed" here. And, how did looking scummy serve to verify you? If Vi flips town; I think we have lost this one, but I don't see a good alternative. You are more likely town than Vi, so I'm putting all my eggs in one basket.

I really don't like you wanting to go to night within 3? pages of the last night. Illumina hasn't even had time to answer my question. Seems somewhat scummy.

I see your point, and I'm totally fine with you unvoting until we get some more information. I was getting ramped up by the idea of the deadline on Sunday, and after that long analysis post I guess I think I've fairly well "figured it out" :p
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (isolation #118) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

If Vi flips town I anticipate votes coming my way due to what Porkens said unfortunately, which would cause us to lose as I am town

Wait a minute, wait a minute. If you didn't kill Grem, and you don't think Vi killed Grem, how do you think he died?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (isolation #119) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 am

Post by Porkens »

Ahhh I see what you're saying about 'guarantees.'

Well, I see what you mean about Memnarch, but I don't agree. I think Triskelion is a true claim but the alignment is 3rd party.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (isolation #120) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:17 am

Post by Porkens »

My unvote was more based in wanting more discussion rather than not thinking he is scum.
I think we're on the same page.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (isolation #121) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Porkens »

CF Riot wrote: Natirasha: Will you confirm that the information in the first post is correct? If not, will you fix it? What I'm referring to is it says Ort has been serumed 0 times. I want to know if that's right.
UNVOTE
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (isolation #122) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (isolation #123) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oho! And, also;
Claims wrote: You are Triskelion, town-aligned metal fleet.
You are the Blinkmoth Nexus, town-aligned Serum Giver.
You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist.
You are are a Mycosynth Golem, Town-Aligned Metal Master of Mycosynth.
You are a Nim Lasher, Town-aligned Lasher.
You are a Moriok Scavenger, town-aligned graverobber.
You are the Eternal Witness, town-aligned Witness.
You are a Neurok Spy, town-aligned Spy.
Look close and tell me which two are noticeably different. Then look at who those claims belong to.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (isolation #124) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

Be more specific about what you think I see.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #998 (isolation #125) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens: are we sure the mod didn't make any typos?
I'm certain he did.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (isolation #126) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by Porkens »

So you think Illumina is lying about his alignment but not about his metal status?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (isolation #127) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Porkens »

Sorry, I screwed that up, illumina claimed metal. you think he's lying and is actually flesh. that fine.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (isolation #128) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Illumina wrote:1) I think Vi is unlikely to be an SK (as he points out, a vig who needs the serum to kill seems really underpowered, and therefore unlikely). Even as scum, it seems slightly overpowered, although it's still a possibility.

2) I'm still suspicious of TM and Geraintm due to their delayed claims, and I find them the most suspicious currently. I'd like to know who they think is suspicious and why.

3) Also, it seems relatively unlikely that Glissa would be a scum safeclaim, as the protagonist. For that reason, I tend to believe ort's claim.

4) Btw, we've already reached a synth and serum majority, so now the last choice is who to lynch.
1. You call this, whatever
it
is, an SK, a Vig, and a Scum. To me, those are all different things. I still say that an SK would need to be very powerful to have any chance in this setup.

2. This, coming from the undisputed king of putting off a claim.

3. I agree.

4. I don't know if the unmycosynths count or not, either.
Illumina wrote:1) It's logical that our mod would have provided safeclaims against a massclaim. Therefore, you have to assume that some players are lying about their claim. If you're going to fakeclaim steel, an artifact golem (geraintm's claim) is a clear and obvious choice. It's also generic when you might expect the flavor to fit into the five moons/colors/regions of Mirrodin theme we have going. However, claiming something that specific is risky.

2) It doesn't make sense for metal scum to claim metal: it's just an invitation to mycosynth. Metal scum would obviously claim flesh, so we waste time lynching him, and flesh scum is more likely to claim metal so we waste time mycosynthing him. Here we are getting distracted by Vi, when TM or geraintm could well be mafia or the SK (lurking/scummy consistently, stalling on claim, generic claim, etc.).

Also, Vi is not my scumbuddy, if he were I would have hammered TM and not been critical of him bringing TM in hammer range...

More tomorrow, don't lynch anybody in the meantime.
1) This, to me, looks like bussing.

2) WIFOM. And this WIFOM is more about yourself than Ger.

I still think Vi is a 3rd party SK. I'm leaning towards Ger as the last scum (I also need to re-read CF -- if your an investigative role; why wouldn't you want to be serumed again?). I don't believe Illumina is town...OR metal. And I have to agree with what CF about having as many confirmed fleshies as possible tomorrow (although my tinfoil hat tells me CF wants there to be more fleshies for another reason).

UNVOTE
UNSYNTH

VOTE: Illumina
MYCOSYNTH: Geraintm

[/quote]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (isolation #129) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

EBWOP:

UNVOTE
UNSYNTH

[/b]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (isolation #130) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

God, I'm not drunk; I swear!

UNVOTE
UNSYNTH

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (isolation #131) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Porkens »

At any rate that's certainly a vote majority. I guess we'll see what the mod decides.

P.S. If Illumina is metal; ger just f-ed up the whoooool day and is scum.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (isolation #132) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Porkens »

KONWINGLY, I mean.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (isolation #133) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Porkens »

I am metal, lynching me was a bad call. Also, ending the day without letting me respond was a very bad call. I'm looking at you, Vi.
Vi wasn't the hammer. Why LOOK AT HIM (he's an sk, this has been established.)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (isolation #134) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Porkens »

I have my own ideas about what was at majority and what wasn't (CAN we un-majority a synth after it's reached majority?) but I'll let the mod work it out and hope his figuring wids up in the towns favor.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (isolation #135) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Porkens »

I don't think voted anyone that I didn't agree with.

It's the lot of the SK to have to go against both sides. Today was a day to go against the scum.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (isolation #136) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Porkens »

I'm not gunna re-hash it. Check my recent posts.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (isolation #137) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Porkens »

:O
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1038 (isolation #138) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Porkens »

If you get another vote every time you nightkill someone, I'll be sad.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1041 (isolation #139) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Porkens »

Admission that Illumnia will flip your scumbuddy? -.-
This as being part of the farcical banter you're about to indicate...?
As amusing as I find this farcical banter, it would be nice to get some confirmation on the lynch/dayend.
Yes, god yes.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (isolation #140) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why isn't my vote on Illumina? At the very lease, I unvoted and revoted correctly.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (isolation #141) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

oh, never mind. I forgot that we can't even try to vote and myco the same person, fine.

Unvote
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (isolation #142) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

Absolutely not; I want/have wanted Vi lynched for about 3 (Real-Life) days now.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (isolation #143) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

Deadline is on Sunday. Unless someone posts an earth-shattering case or claims something new, I'm not likely to post again or change my vote except to avoid a misslynch.

Lynch Vi. The simplest explanation for the new kill flavor is a 3rd part killer. That means it's Ort or Vi.

Ort is glissa. If Glissa is some kind of crazy mod-dick flavor tiwst; I don't even care anymore.

Illumina is scum who claimed metal. The claim doesn't make any sense given that all the metals we have seen have been artifacts.

Ger is barely paying attention and has given a scummy claim.

Tony's claim looks bad to me because his flavor is the same as mine, but he is one of the few who's recent posting has made me see him as more pro-town.

CF, I still don't know why getting the serum for the rest of the game would seem bad to me if I were a
tracker

but no; it's vi. lynch vi.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (isolation #144) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

EBWOP:

Deadline is on Sunday. Unless someone posts an earth-shattering case or claims something new, I'm not likely to post again or change my vote except to avoid a
misslynch
no-lynch.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (isolation #145) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

I will wait for Vi to respond before re-voting him, but the fact remains numbers-wise, if we lynch him versus lynching Illumina
We can't even
try
to lynch illumina. That's why all my votes bounced off.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (isolation #146) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Porkens »

*Porkens: Hates SSK's role initially but votes Timeater until his claim came in. Puts SSK and Timeater as one-or-the-other scum,
I wasn't considering the possibility of a 3rd party.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (isolation #147) » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by Porkens »

Didn't we already use our one-time extention?

Vote yourself instead, Vi.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (isolation #148) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:24 am

Post by Porkens »

So lynch Vi?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (isolation #149) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Porkens »

nolynch? you want to take all the power away from the town? If I didn't think you were town, I'd hang you.

Even if your strong feeling is right; Hang Vi.

If there's still a second nightkill; I'll poop my pants.

I agree with you about Illumina and Geraintm. but, we can't assume which is flesh and which is metal (or maybe both are metal).

If we hang Geraintm, we risk an effective no-lynch anyway.

There're seven left.

If you think it's illumina and Geraintm, how can you explain the double-kill?

Unfortunetly, ort, you're consistent "don't hang the most probably SK" stance is making me think you are the SK.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1117 (isolation #150) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Porkens »

See I see Illumina as scum possibly defending town-Vi because he knows it will look good when he flips town having defended him.
Illumina doesn't know if Vi is an SK either, so...
I also see his trying to divert the lynch onto geraintm as something which, if it even succeeds, will make it look like he is suspicious of his scumbuddy (thus dissociating the two) but will do no real damage because geraintm is metal anyway.
Yes, a thousand times yes, I agree.
Also, remember that if we misslynch today and there's another double kill tonight, we actually *lose* outright. However I could still consider lynching Vi if desired.
Yep, I think I said this in my first big post of the day; assume MYLO.
I honestly think it unlikely there's an SK in this setup- not only would 8 townies vs 4 scum players be kind of unfair (especially in light of the whole needing to mycosynth most of them before they hand thing), but it does seem quite a crappy SK role that only gets a night-kill when they get serumed.
It's swingy. It's obvious that if we had 12 players with 4 team-skum is overpowered. But a 3 team-skum and a 3rd party SK isn't unbalanced because the SK also needs to kill the scum. So instead of 50-50 town/scum wins, its 30 30 30 Town, Scum, SK win. So is an SK worse for the town? Yes. But it's also worse for the scum.

I'd say we have a 5050 chance of hitting the non-metal scum today. If we kill the SK, we'll loose 1 town, leaving us with 2 scum and 3 town. lylo. Then we lynch illumina, and loose a town, and we're at 1 scum 2 town. I'll let oyu figure out who those 3 people would be.

If we no-lynch, I'm betting the SK would hit a mafia. That would leave us with SK, 1 scum, 3 townies.

But...it's hard to plan on the SK.

I'd take you up on lynching Vi as option 1. If it was down to no-lynch as the only alternative, my 2nd option would be to take a chance on lynchng Ger.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1119 (isolation #151) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Porkens »

I've always said it was serum dependent. And that's why it's either you or Ort.

I can't bring mself to believe that Glissa would be an SK, so...it's you.

"backing" me doesn't ingratiate you into my confidence.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (isolation #152) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

Agree with it or not; my reasoning was posted days ago:
Porkens in 969 wrote:
Who’s the SK?

Like I said above; I think that the SK must be either Vi or Ort.

I can see either one being an SK for the following reasons.

Each of their cards has an ability that would coincide with the idea of a killing role.

I am abandoning the idea that Glissa
must
be town. That’s purely flavor-biased idea, and I really think this game is going to come down to more than flavor.

Ortolan could be the SK for the following reasons.

His serum-granted power is hard to verify, so it’s a great choice to claim as scum.

Vi could be the SK for the following reasons.

In this setup a 3rd party would need to be quite powerful in order to have a hope of winning.

A metal-kill and a double vote don’t actually sound that bad for a 3rd party. Especially so if these are limited use abilities.

An SK would need to convince the town to give them the serum. Don’t forget what set the tone for this whole game; it was TimeEater, claiming metal, and asking for the Serum. IIRC, Vi has also pushed for getting the serum.

Triskelion’s stuff (warning, this is flavor again), comes in 3s. A double vote is, at best, 2.

so…

I think I believe that TE/Vi is the SK. And I think we should lynch them/him/her today.

So that moves the mycosynth to Illumina (I was pained about not synthing illumina first anyway).

In his last couple posts this page, TM has also done quite a bit to sway me on him, so I’ll change my suspect list to Illumina and Geraintm for the time being.

Unvote
Unsynth

Mycosynth: Illumina
you have a double vote, too, guy. That, in combination with being able to kill metal, is a pretty powerful god damn role and I think plausibly balanced in this setup. Getting the serum early, of course, would be key...
Timeater wrote:I am Triskelion.

I am a "steel fleet" a town aligned steel being. According to my flavor, I noticed a hole in the razor fields, saw a war waging, and decided to help the fleshies. I win when my faction is the last standing.

If (the serum is) received, I will give full disclosure, and cooperate in any way I can to help verify my claim.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (isolation #153) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote: So, wait, you're using my doublevote as an argument to further suppose that I have killing power? I've never seen a role like this before, and I don't think you have - or will - either.
SWW2 Had a SK+JOAT role. Take a look at the last role posted
here

As you can tell, I'm really conflicted about Ort. However, his WIFOM in 1122 is pretty good, actually.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (isolation #154) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

9 townies, 3 scum? Now
that
would seem more unbalanced against the scum, to me.

Honestly, I think the scum has had to put up with a lot of bad already: Rule changing, bad/no/typo safeclaims, etc.

Ok, this idea has been bothering me for some time as well; If you (plural) think it is just a 3-scum team; How did they get an extra nightkill? And
why
hadn't they been using it since the beginning?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #155) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Porkens »

How do we "test" TM's flesh claim by lynching him? If he's telling the truth he...dies.
qft.

illumina is scum, no one has presented a compelling argument otherwise. It's a real pitty the votes are locked in this time.

[/u]If we lynch Ger, we better hope he is metal. -OR- If Ger Dies, the town looses all power.[/u]

If we lynch Ger and he dies, the sk will probably hit town;

1 maf, 1 sk, 2 town - town loss.

If Ger doesn't die; the sk will probably hit scum;

1 maf, 1 sk, 3 town - lylo (two killing factions left).

If we lynch the SK;

2 maf, 3 town - lylo (one killing faction with illumina ready to be lynched).
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (isolation #156) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

w/e
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (isolation #157) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

Ok, I seriously doubt we'll move in a different direction at this point. Still not sure if this is the right play, but I will Unvote: geraintm and Vote: Vi.
hahahahhahahahahhahahah. Good one.

Well, now, vee shall see!

I'm still confident that we'll get the SK flip I've been expecting.

If it's town; muh bad.

I hope my serum does something cool (why hasn't anyone jumped on me for flipping my opinion on that btw?)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (isolation #158) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 pm

Post by Porkens »

I deliberately left that in the open to see who would hammer

Illumina decides to, despite very recently assuring us how convinced he is Vi is town, despite there being a "no lynch" option. Assuming no double kill, lynch Illumina tomorrow, myco geraintm then lynch the day after to claim the win for town imho
second.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (isolation #159) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Porkens »

:(
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (isolation #160) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Porkens »

:(

my tinfoil hat is screaming at me about CF and Ort still.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (isolation #161) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

:o
GO GO GADGET ILLUMINA!
Also; clearly there is a serial killer with a metal piercing kill. Presumably they double-targetted Wall-E on night one or there is another strange aspect to the mechanic. I also note that if Porkens is the SK, the fact he wanted to lynch MafiaSSK means little, but the same can be said for TM.
Uhhh, don't you think "In the distance, you hear a large crash. Going towards it, you find a dead Tarmogoyf. Next to it is
Illumina, Arcbound Ravager, self-aligned Metal Eater
. She walks off, finally killing that beast that has stalked it for so long. " explains the SK kills?

My powers:
mod wrote:The town gives you the serum. The metallic taste is horrible, but soon...the world feels different. You have ascended to a higher level of power.

You've traveled this world for ages. And that knowledge has taught you all the hidden paths throughout Mirrodin. Tonight, you may kidnap a player to one of the hidden places on this plane. That player will be prevented from commiting any actions, but will also be protected from any nightkills that might happen.

PS: The protections resolve BEFORE the Roleblocker.
I targeted Ort since Vi wasn't the sk.

Also, who am I forgetting:
wrote: That doesn't mean the game is over, though.
With 4 alive
, it is now day four.

Since illumina flew away (won the game), who's #4?

Anyway, unless TM has something pretty compelling to say, I'm just going to blindly follow my beliefe that Glissa wouldn't be scum. So...go for it.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (isolation #162) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Porkens »

:handsthrownup: I really don't know.

Honestly, the Tarmogoyf didn't even register when I read that the first time.

I don't know what "it" is in that sentence, and I don't know why Illumina or Arcbound Ravager are "she."

Also, CFR was evaporated, not devoured. So that's also new woop woop woop.

I assumed Illumina killed Ger and therefore won the video games.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1181 (isolation #163) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

"You are Glissa Sunseeker, town-aligned protagonist. Ever since your birth, you've had a mysterious power to destroy metal."

And how is this not the text of a Vig?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (isolation #164) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Porkens »

Also; clearly there is a serial killer with a metal piercing kill. Presumably they double-targetted Wall-E on night one or there is another strange aspect to the mechanic. I also note that if Porkens is the SK, the fact he wanted to lynch MafiaSSK means little, but the same can be said for TM.

Wait a minute, you really were sure there was an SK left...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (isolation #165) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Post by Porkens »

God, I'm so confused. But you're right.

Vote: Tony Montana
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (isolation #166) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vote: Tony Montana
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (isolation #167) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Porkens »

I can't make such a \n involved post as youve requested at this time.

If you just want to hammer TM, and win, good game, otherwise, just wait a few hours.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (isolation #168) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

actually, the real honest reason that I think TM is scum is that I'm not :luls: and I trust that Glissa isn't.

That's pretty much my whole case, tbh.

Other than that, I'd say that TM isn't suspecting you, ort, as a point against him.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (isolation #169) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Why? Did you really think Glissa would be the SK? Did you suddenly now decide that it is unlikely that Glissa is scum?
two reasons to target ORt;

Vi was town ( :( ) so the SK was still otu there.

Ort was my second guess for SK.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (isolation #170) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

[color="red]
[/color]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (isolation #171) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Porkens »

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (isolation #172) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

Epic fail. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1199 (isolation #173) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

Well, unless you slow-played it to just be twisted, I think we just won ort!

Illumina's role blew me away. I honestly can't tell if he masterminded it or if he just got lucky.

I guess I'm just glad we got to play for second place :p
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1200 (isolation #174) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Porkens »

Let's just hope he wasn't metal :p
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (isolation #175) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Porkens »

God, we're idiots though, I could have role-blocked him and we could have de-mettalled him just in case

oh well, I guess.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (isolation #176) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

Also, despite being neutral Illumina actually won the game for town.
QFT
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (isolation #177) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

:highfives:
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (isolation #178) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

The fact that if we hadn't synthed time-eater day 1 he would have been eaten is hilarious to me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1220 (isolation #179) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi, thanks again for replacing in. It was a really hard slot to come into. I just got so hung up on the idea that there were FAR fewer non-serum powers.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (isolation #180) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'm pretty sure that honor should go to Vi...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (isolation #181) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Porkens »

Bad paranoia. Too pro-town to be town and other bad reasons to suspect you ;)
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (isolation #182) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

I'd rate the modding at a 7.

I liked the idea behind the setup, and it's nice to see an involved mod.

However, the serum-power rule changes, the uncertainty of extensions, and the irregular vote counts definitely impacted my enjoyment of the game.

I also thought the post about the typos was completely inappropriate, and injected the very same modifom that it was supposed to eliminate.

Overall, I liked the setup, but I though the modding was a bit too "hands-on." Maybe a little more preparation would have prevented the issues that came up.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (isolation #183) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Porkens »

I don't want to leave you with an all-negative feeling, the feedback is an attempt to be constructive ;)

I really do like how there was so much to talk about tin this game, for sure. Like I said, sew up the holes, and run it again, I think it would work very well
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (isolation #184) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Porkens »

Last, I wasn't fond of "locking in" majorities for the serum and the synth
qft
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (isolation #185) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by Porkens »

Natirasha wrote:CF Riot even pulled the links, but I didn't want to renege my current ruling and ignored him. That was all my fault(although, technically, it did win the game for the town so you guys shouldn't be complaining).

:cry: I guess I'm glad I wasn't scum in this game then, if they had even the mod against them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”