Mini 702--Serum & Steel(The rust has settled/Game Over)

Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Illumina »

Actually, in light of Ort's claim I'd feel comfortable giving the serum to him. I think slow-vigging MSSK is a solid play, though, and would probably be the preferable option. It's a useful middle-road for people who aren't sure about MSSK, and it's the option with the most flexibility.
Ort wrote:Secondly as I have come under quite a bit of suspicion prior to that this game, if the scum decided to nightkill me purely because I had the serum, it wouldn't be a great loss for the town- and would at least mean I was cleared.
I think MSSK being cleared one way or the other is a better scenario.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Vi »

Porkens 810 wrote:I've done no such thing, I'm not sure where you got this from.
Post 497, 'should be at the end of this link. Yes, I know that you're making fun of ortolan here, but even so, checking up.

Porkens, when did you decide to take your anti-merit stance on the serum D1?

In 444, you say that the best-case scenario is an intentional mislynch. This combined with how you only deal weakly with the actual players for your first 25 posts reflects poorly on you. You kick ortolan around like a beach ball, but outrightly tell him that SpyreX will flip Town (553).

----

@SSK. Fullclaim. You've already claimed serum-fueled Role Cop. You don't have anything else to hide... do you? I would be rather disappointed if you expected us to take you at your word after your disappointing reveal and then give you more serum...

On the other hand, the serum-vig idea wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it would happen N3, at which time if there are three scum around and SSK isn't one of them we'd just be farther in the hole than before.

I don't understand how "clearing" SSK by giving him the serum will do *anything*. Even if he is scum, he has nothing to gain in lying.

Incidentally, I'm on the verge of asking for a massclaim, scum-aid or not. This whole dancing-around-our-implied-abilities business is getting on my last nerve.

@mod: Will you tell us if/when we reach LyLo?

----

I have an evil idea.

Vote (Blinkmoth): CF Riot

Reading through today, I'm coming to some of the same conclusions as ortolan. You say you don't
want
to be tossed into the mycosynth, whereas most others have said they don't care. You say that you got the serum yesterday without claiming its effects beforehand as a justification for not claiming now, and I disagree. The person to ask about that is Seraphim. Why did he give you the serum? If it was essentially arbitrary, then it really doesn't matter, does it? We, the collective, didn't *choose* you without knowing what your role was.

----

TonyMontana. Show up, make a decent post, or die. Those are your options.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:26 am

Post by Natirasha »

Vi wrote:
@mod: Will you tell us if/when we reach LyLo?
No.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Natirasha »

Bump above locked games.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Vi wrote: @SSK. Fullclaim. You've already claimed serum-fueled Role Cop. You don't have anything else to hide... do you? I would be rather disappointed if you expected us to take you at your word after your disappointing reveal and then give you more serum...

On the other hand, the serum-vig idea wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that it would happen N3, at which time if there are three scum around and SSK isn't one of them we'd just be farther in the hole than before.

I don't understand how "clearing" SSK by giving him the serum will do *anything*. Even if he is scum, he has nothing to gain in lying.

I
I have already full-claimed.

Then So then don't serum-vig me.

How would Role cop be a scum role?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote: Post 497, 'should be at the end of this link. Yes, I know that you're making fun of ortolan here, but even so, checking up.
Ok, so now you've [del]rolefished[/del] checked.
Vi wrote:Porkens, when did you decide to take your anti-merit stance on the serum D1?
I've been completely anti-serum since the morning of Day 1. If some people want to Serum, in the early parts of the game (which we are almost done with), it should be Random. In the later stages of the game, it must be merit based on who's actually cleared.
Vy wrote:1. In 444, you say that the best-case scenario is an intentional mislynch.
2. This combined with how you only deal weakly with the actual players for your first 25 posts reflects poorly on you.
3. You kick ortolan around like a beach ball, but outrightly tell him that SpyreX will flip Town (553).
1. It was.
2. Don't care.
3. I was certain he would.

@MafiaSSK: We all got large PMs from the mod at the beginning of the game. please copy/paste yours. That's what people are asking you to do. So, no, you have not full-claimed.

@CF: I seeeeeeee. Interesting. Well, I actually see some merit in using the serum on MSSK in that light. I'd still rather just lynch him, though.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Back from thanksgiving, and working to catch up.

one question is will a serum vig work on a metal player? I would think so but there is the whole "metal players cannot be killed" thing.

I can't help but feel that CF's claim that his unclaimed ability may come in handy later if he's kept alive that long, while it apparently served no good last night and he doesn't want it tonight. It seems like he's making a push to stay in till endgame with no real reason. we all could say our abilities could be game breaking without actually proving anything until it is too late

myco: CF
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Porkens »

So, you don't want to Serum CF, because he asked you not too.

But, you want to mycosynth him?

I really don't understand.

And this sentence doesn't have a clear meaning, can you restate it:
I can't help but feel that CF's claim that his unclaimed ability may come in handy later if he's kept alive that long, while it apparently served no good last night and he doesn't want it tonight.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Vi »

Porkens 830 wrote:I've been completely anti-serum since the morning of Day 1. If some people want to Serum, in the early parts of the game (which we are almost done with), it should be Random. In the later stages of the game, it must be merit based on who's actually cleared.
Is that so?~
How can you reconcile this and Porkens 36?
Porkenz 830 wrote:1. It was.
2. Don't care.
3. I was certain he would.
Intentional mislynches are good for Town? Whatever happened to, y'know, lynching scum?
As far as being certain that SpyreX would flip Town, why not try applying some of that certainty to finding people you know will flip scum?~
Gremwell 831 wrote:one question is will a serum vig work on a metal player? I would think so but there is the whole "metal players cannot be killed" thing.
No.

The love affair between Porkens and CF Riot is nice and everything, but I think I've had enough of it.
Unvote (Mycosynth): Gremwell
Vote (Mycosynth): Porkens

---

If there's no majority in anything at deadline, Town may as well concede defeat and get it over with.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I suggest the town reread my rules concerning extentions again...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Porkens »

I don't think you mean 36...
Porkens 36 wrote:
mod wrote wrote:
Lynching: The day ends with a No Lynch if there is no majority.

I'm pretty sure that's the anser
[/quote]
Vy wrote: Intentional mislynches are good for Town? Whatever happened to, y'know, lynching scum?
At BEST, you are simply misunderstanding what I said.
Vy wrote:As far as being certain that SpyreX would flip Town, why not try applying some of that certainty to finding people you know will flip scum?~
I'm pretty certain you are scum. MSSK too.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by Vi »

I do mean 36.

Wall-E 35: "I have something to gain by getting the serum. I'll claim if I have to."
Porkens 36: "claim
now"

That's both a contradiction to your anti-serum stance and a rolefish. Congrats.
Porkens 835 wrote:At BEST, you are simply misunderstanding what I said.
I try to be reasonable every now and then. Clarify for me.
Porkens 835 wrote:I'm pretty certain you are scum. MSSK too.
Succinctly tell me why you hate SSK. I can guess why you hate me (rest assured the more I reread the more it's becoming mutual).

(And by "hate" I mean "think the following person is scum"; nothing personal, just my shorthand.)

-----
Natirasha 834 wrote:I suggest the town reread my rules concerning extentions again...
I think we have to have half the Town HERE on a regular basis first...

But I'll bite.
Vote (Deadline Extension): Yes
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Porkens »

I do mean 36.

Wall-E 35: "I have something to gain by getting the serum. I'll claim if I have to."
Porkens 36: "claim
now"

That's both a contradiction to your anti-serum stance and a rolefish. Congrats.
Ahhh, I see. I honestly didn't care why Wall-E was threatening to claim; the fact that he did so made me want him to 'shit or get off the pot.' ALL of us have "something" to gain by the Serum. Role-Fishing? Give me a break.

Your posting has been grand. TE's posts were poisoned with his initial claim (what I still believe to be a scum move). MSSK is a role-cop. I've never seen a pro-town role cop, I don't see the point. MSSK is also dancing like crazy around the idea of c/p-ing his PM.

I vote NO on a deadline extension.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by Vi »

Porky 837 wrote:ALL of us have "something" to gain by the Serum.
Yeah, except... no, actually.
As far as rolefishing goes, that move still stands at odds with everything you have said and done beyond then. Besides, why would you care if you didn't want anyone to get the serum in the first place?

I'm assuming sarcasm on the "your posting has been grand" bit. However, what I see from your summaries is that you're gaming the setup, rather than what judging what people are saying (that is, scumhunting). That's been your defining characteristic all game, it seems; so--
Unvote (Lynch): TonyMontana
Vote (Lynch): Porkens
Unvote (Mycosynth): Porkens
Vote (Mycosynth): TonyMontana

May change pending whether SSK follows basic instructions.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Porkens »

Yeah, except... no, actually.
As far as rolefishing goes, that move still stands at odds with everything you have said and done beyond then. Besides, why would you care if you didn't want anyone to get the serum in the first place?
He was essentially saying "Give me the Serum, my role is so cool that if you read what it is, you'll want to give it to me." I asked him to prove it.

No sarcasm about your posting, until this one, it's been fine.

If you read his responses so far, you'll see that MSSK hasn't followed basic instructions.

Gaming the setup? Fine, so be it. With a town this scummy, it has come to that, yes.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by geraintm »

am back from my weekend away
will catch up
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:43 am

Post by geraintm »

Vi wrote: But for the love of God,
this game is about finding scum, not politics of serum/mycosynth!
I'm all for not caring who gets the serum and mycoing whoever annoys me, and lynching scum.
agree with this. why i loved the quick random vote thing day one and hated anyone who tried to switch away from it
i did try on the 21st to push to get it quickly sorted out..didn't happen

Sorry my typing is so bad. i'll try and be better
ortolan wrote: Secondly, MafiaSSK. I don't see why his usage of his ability on Timeater was a bad move. Also; on Porkens point about him being "claimed rolecop"- I don't think this is necessarily the case- there is at least one alternative I can glean from his apparent breadcrumbing.
i just didn't like it, thought it was a waste, even now after investigating him, time isn't totally cleared or anything and if i have a cop role i want it to make damn sure it does something useful.
and he has been vague with his "i don't want to claim thing"
ortolan wrote:
@ Vi's point about my excessive reference to the setup: I am relatively new and was not aware discussing setup was widely considered a scumtell (
this is one game where flavour/set up probably intermingle a fair amount, like the blinkmouth thing

Sorry if i am not posting enough, i do try and do it 5 days a week, but last week had Thursday/Friday away from office

serum vigging - 24 pages too much to check, if we give mafia the serum again, he has to get it every day from then on in, is that right, or else he dies?
have thought about what serum-vigging him
Porkens wrote:
I've been completely anti-serum since the morning of Day 1. If some people want to Serum, in the early parts of the game (which we are almost done with), it should be Random. In the later stages of the game, it must be merit based on who's actually cleared.
do you consider today early or later? only day 2, but it feels late
Porkens wrote:
Vy wrote:As far as being certain that SpyreX would flip Town, why not try applying some of that certainty to finding people you know will flip scum?~
I'm pretty certain you are scum. MSSK too.
so your scenario is that mafia got the serum randomly, investigated time who bizarrely claimed day one before he knew mafia would get the serum, and then mafia decided to investigate his partner? that is the scenario you have come up with?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Porkens »

Mafia got the serum randomly and did
something
. Mafia "confirming" TE was easy because he had already claimed.
But he wont c/p his role.
And he's being, as far as I can tell,
intentionally
vague.
So, as I said in another post; either MSSK or TE/VY is almost certainly scum.
I'm happy to hang either of them to find out which is true.

Geraintm, stop making excuses for your lurking plz.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:51 am

Post by geraintm »

Porkens wrote: So, as I said in another post; either MSSK or TE/VY is almost certainly scum.

Geraintm, stop making excuses for your lurking plz.
no, you said they were both scum....

sorry, but if people say i am lurking, i give explanations of why.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Vi »

Porkie 839 wrote:Gaming the setup? Fine, so be it. With a town this scummy, it has come to that, yes.
Aww, but it's not like you tried to give the Town a chance first~

I'll give SSK a single more chance. (It's not like this is somehow different from SSK's norm; if anything it's actually slightly better <___< )
Porkomatic 842 wrote:So, as I said in another post; either MSSK or TE/VY is almost certainly scum.
And if your choice flips Town?

Also, take a careful look at my username.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:Aww, but it's not like you tried to give the Town a chance first~
They didn't deserve one.
I'll give SSK a single more chance. (It's not like this is somehow different from SSK's norm; if anything it's actually slightly better <___< )
Fine by me.
VY wrote:And if your choice flips Town?
He being MafiaSSK? I don't think he will. But I'd look into the people defending him.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Porkens »

geraintm wrote:
no, you said they were both scum....
In my heart, I think they are. In reality, probably only one of them is.
sorry, but if people say i am lurking, i give explanations of why.
appology accepted.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Vi »

Hogwash 845 wrote:
They didn't deserve one.
Even at the beginning of the game?
I think you're trying to cover for yourself.
Swinub 845 wrote:He being MafiaSSK? I don't think he will. But I'd look into the people defending him.
How convenient, you can fit me into that broad category. (Never mind that attempting to dissuade faulty wagons is pro-Town.)
Also, did you just say that he will likely flip scum
because he's SSK?
That's like saying I'll flip Town because I'm
VY
Vi.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Porkens »

Vi wrote:
Hogwash 845 wrote:
They didn't deserve one.
Even at the beginning of the game?
I think you're trying to cover for yourself.
I'm just really, really mad at TE for distructing the game with his boned-up play. This set-up is convoluted, and 99% of the discussion has been centered on it's mechanics. In your fantasy land, where people don't talk about the dynamics of the game, what would you like to see discussed? Realize, too, that looking at how people have discussed the mechanics of the game is just as valid as looking at who they want to lynch and why.
Swinub 845 wrote:He being MafiaSSK? I don't think he will. But I'd look into the people defending him.
How convenient, you can fit me into that broad category.
(Never mind that attempting to dissuade faulty wagons is pro-Town.)
Also, did you just say that he will likely flip scum
because he's SSK?
That's like saying I'll flip Town because I'm
VY
Vi.[/quote]

1. Actually, have you defended MafiaSSK? Not overtly. I'll go on record right now (again) as saying that if MSSK is scum, your role, however stupidly played by TE, is probably town.

2. I don't get it.

3. "He, being MafiaSSKK?" In your question, you asked what would I think if
he
flipped town. I had been talking about 2 people at the time. This sentence is clarifying which person you/I meant by
he

4. Yeah, I understand that I spelled your name wrong. My bad, V.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Gremwell »

What I meant was that his claim struck me as fishy because it both hinted that his power would be useful at end game and implied that he should be kept around till then. All this with no actual concrete anything.

He's against giving out even the slightest information on the grounds that it will make him a target, however wouldn't saying "my power could really help in end game" be the same as saying "dear scum, be sure to off me before that happens"?

also I would like to see ssk's pm quoted in thread, all this dancing around the subject stinks to high heaven.

and before anyone says it, I am not fishing, I'm not asking for CF's pm or claim, simply stating why I find his play fishy.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”