Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:18 am

Post by massive »

Umore was, like many small Italian fishing towns, fairly serene. The town ran in an established pattern; the fishing boats went out at a specific time in the morning and came back in at the same time every night, the children went to bed early in the evening, and everyone went to church on Sunday. Umore had lived this quiet, provincial life for decades, maybe centuries. No one could remember when it
wasn't
like this.

So you can imagine what confusion and chaos occurred the morning the first body was found. It was one of the elderly fishermen, stabbed and unceremoniously dumped into the fountain in the square in the center of Umore. Foul play, to be certain ... but who was the culprit? The town buzzed with the story, and soon everyone in town was in the square, waiting to see what would happen.

The mayor eventually arrived as well, and took over the proceedings. "It has come to the attention of my office that there is a more ... "organized" unsavory element in our town. The information indicates that two men have come to this town to infiltrate and upset our town, murder our people, and frighten us into submission. I say to you, we will not let this stand!"

It is currently
Post-Game Wrap-Up

Still Among The Living:

dejkha

Sleeping With The Fishes:

ChuckNorris, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day One

The Fancy Mr Fancy (replaced cute.without.e), Town Cop, killed Night One
seb456zig, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Two
Corvuus (replaces Mr Avacado), Town Doctor, killed Night Two
Mirth, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Three
nureins, Vanilla Townie, killed Night Three
Drench (replaces Zeppo007) (replaces Serous), Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Four
caf19, Vanilla Townie, killed in end game

This is a Newbie Mafia game run under the F11 configuration. This means that the configuration is one of the following, chosen randomly:

a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies

The roles were assigned randomly as well, and all role PMs will appear in the next post.

Rules
, shamelessly stolen from SensFan:

1. Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this:
Vote: Oman
. Unvotes should also be bolded (
Unvote: Oman
or just
Unvote
) so that I can spot them easier, but it's not required.
2. A simple majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players plus one, rounded down) will achieve a lynch and end the Day. Unvoting after that point will not save someone's life. If a deadline is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered, so be careful.
3. Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be shorter if all night choices are in before the deadline.
4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over.
5. Do not discuss this game with other players outside of this thread, unless your role PM specifically stated you could do so (as scum, and then only at night).
6. Do not directly quote any PMs you receive; I have already posted the roles above, but this holds true for any future messages you receive from me as well.
7. If you see something you don't understand, ASK! Newbie games are here for people to learn and understand; either I or one of the other players will respond to your question. If it has to do with your role, feel free to PM me directly.
8. Treat this game as a commitment; if you're going to be gone for longer than 48 hours (not counting weekends), let us know. I will replace severely inactive players, but your fellow players may choose to lynch you themselves first.
9. Any action which would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake (for example, posting a made-up PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
10. Have fun; don't be an ass; participate!
Last edited by massive on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:18 am, edited 17 times in total.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:26 am

Post by massive »

Possible Mafia Role PMs:
The Jolly Green Mod wrote:You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Along with your partner _________ (who is simply a
Goon
), you've come to Umore to cause trouble. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
Mafia Goon
. Along with your partner _________ (who is a [
Goon
/ pro-Mafia
Roleblocker
]), you've come to Umore to cause trouble. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

Possible Townie Role PMs:
The Jolly Green Mod wrote:You are the Town
Doctor
of Umore, and through the wonders of medicine, you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.
The Jolly Green Mod wrote:You are the Respected Town
Cop
of Umore, and due to years on the beat, you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
Townie
of Umore, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:36 am

Post by massive »

Role PMs have been sent out, and the game will begin once all of the PMs have been picked up. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions or simply confirm that you're alive here in the game thread.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 am

Post by massive »

With only one Role PM still waiting to be picked up, let's go ahead and get started.

It is now DAY ONE. With 9 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:22 am

Post by massive »

The town square suddenly sputters with activity and accusations fly back and forth!

Vote Count

seb456zig (3) » nureins, Mr Avacado, Mirth
Serous (1) » cute.without.e

Not voting: Serous, seb456zig, dejkha, ChuckNorris, caf19

As for the question of suicides, my recommendation is this: First, remember that it's only a game, and second, remember that you are playing newbie games to learn about how to play the game (and how the game is played) on this site. There is a LOT to learn, and if you go away from this game without learning anything, you will be doomed to repeat the mistakes of your "failures" in future games. So I say: Hang in there. Try and take away something.

/cause I'm anti-suicide
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:46 am

Post by massive »

Vote Count

seb456zig (3) » nureins, Mr Avacado, ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris (1) » seb456zig

Not voting: Serous, dejkha, Mirth, caf19

Rules for Prodding:
I am willing to prod a player who has not posted in a week. Seeing as how both players have posted within the last week, there will be no prods yet. If you are unimpressed with someone's level of content, you need to deal with that yourselves.

Rules for Replacement:
I am willing to replace a player who has not picked up a prod in three days. If a player picks up their prod and still doesn't post, it's up to the town to deal with them. No, you will not be informed of this, you will just have to use your logic to figure that part out.

Rules for Prodding the Mod:
I am generally offsite on the weekend, so making posts with bold letters in them directed at me on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will generally get you nowhere. Sorry, but I'm allowed to have a life too!

Rules for Nonsensical Posts:
In satellite communication, we have a thing called a noise floor -- essentially it's the level of generic noise that a signal has to exceed to be able to be picked out in a crowd. Think of being in a busy arena or stadium, and how you have to talk louder to your mates to get them to hear you. The same principle applies to Mafia. The more noise (ie, nonsensical / filler posts) there are in a game, the higher the noise floor goes, and the more difficult it becomes to play the game. Please keep this in mind while posting.
Last edited by massive on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:30 am

Post by massive »

Official Vote Count

seb456zig (2) » Mr Avacado, ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris (2) » seb456zig, nureins

Prodding cute.without.e and Serous.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:50 am

Post by massive »

Ah, the bitter smell of irony that drifts from this thread as you all completely stop posting. =[
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 am

Post by massive »

Please note that I am aware of everyone's concerns in this game ... but it is up to the town to decide who to lynch, and not the mod. I'm just here to count votes. In related news, Serous and cute.without.e will be replaced as soon as humanly possible.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 am

Post by massive »

The Fancy Mr Fancy replaces cute.without.e immediately.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 am

Post by massive »

Official Vote Count

ChuckNorris
(4) » seb456zig, nureins, ChuckNorris, Mirth
seb456zig (1) » Mr Avacado
Serous (1) » The Fancy Mr Fancy

Not voting but able: Serous, dejkha, caf19

With nine people in town, it takes five to lynch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:16 am

Post by massive »

dejkha wrote:The vote count hasn't changed since the mod updated it.
Word. And it's even on this page! Just look for the tractor.

Prodding Mr Avacado.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:23 am

Post by massive »

I'm on VLA through the 19th. If a lynch occurs, please stop talking and I'll post a night scene the next time I check. Tks!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:35 am

Post by massive »

Official "Guess Who's Back" Vote Count

ChuckNorris
(3) » nureins, ChuckNorris, Mirth
seb456zig (1) » Mr Avacado

Not voting but able: Serous, dejkha, caf19, seb456zig

With nine people in town, it takes five to lynch.

In other news, still working to replace Serous. Mr Avacado picked up his prod but evidently needs another one.
Last edited by massive on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:52 am

Post by massive »

Zeppo007 replaces Serous immediately.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:18 am

Post by massive »

Corvuus replaces Mr Avacado immediately. And I modkill people who vote for me longer than a day. *halo*
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:16 am

Post by massive »

Official "Day One Pant Pant" Vote Count

ChuckNorris
(5) » nureins, ChuckNorris, Mirth, Corvuus, Zeppo007

Not voting but able: Serous, dejkha, caf19, seb456zig

As was expected, accusations flew and emotions were stepped on and years-long friendships were stressed as the town struggled to discern the evildoers in their midst. The ruckus rose and fell until ChuckNorris, in a severe bout of head trauma or guilt or extraordinary misunderstanding of gamesmanship, finally confessed to being one of the murderous thugs.

ChuckNorris, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day One

It is now
NIGHT
. Night choices, where applicable, are due in to me no later than Sunday, October 26th (since I'm not on over the weekend).
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:14 am

Post by massive »

The day rises, and as the sun creeps over the harbor and the town square, it is almost easy to forget about the violence and shame that has happened in this tiny village. But remember it you must, especially as you gather in town to find the body of
The Fancy Mr Fancy
, the
Town Cop
, face down in the small fountain that graces the square.

Day Two has arrived. With seven alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Apologies for the short delay in starting day, I was down quite viciously with the flu.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:15 am

Post by massive »

The Ostensible-Yet-Effluvious Vote Count

Mirth (3) » nureins, Corvuus, seb456zig
caf19 (1) » Zeppo007

With seven alive, it takes four to lynch. caf19 didn't pick up his prod, so I'm replacement-hunting.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:30 am

Post by massive »

No complaints here, I'll take down my replacement request. :)
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:17 am

Post by massive »

The End-of-Days Vote Count

seb456zig () » Corvuus, Mirth, Zeppo007, dejkha
Zeppo007 () » seb456zig

Conversation swirls around the town square, as people face off after ChuckNorris's stunning admission of guilt from yesterday. The people of the town squint at each other, trying to peer into the depths of their souls and differentiate fact from fiction. Finally, one man is brave enough to admit to being the doctor: seb456zig. The only problem is that this makes another man, Corvuus, brave enough to admit to being the doctor. The town rewards one of them with the hangman's noose.

seb456zig, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Two

It is now Night Two. Night actions, if anyone has one, are due by Thursday the 13th.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:57 am

Post by massive »

Even after the events of the last night, the town seems to sleep easily, and daylight breaks sooner than anyone expected. Sleepy citizens stir from their beds and head into town to get on with the business at hand. Everyone, that is, except
Corvuus
, who never wakes from the night's slumber.

Corvuus, Town Doctor, killed Night Two

It is now Day Three. With five alive, it takes three to lynch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #22) » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by massive »

End of Days Vote Count

Mirth (3) » nureins, dejkha, caf19

The town, struggling to make sense of all the violence, turn to one of the elders of the village. One by one they grab her, tie her down, and extinguish her life. Sadly, this will only prolong the agony of the townsfolk.

Mirth, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Three

It is now Night Three. Night choices, if any, are due to me by Sunday, November 23.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:31 am

Post by massive »

Another day dawns in Umore -- what could very well be the LAST day remaining with any peace and quiet left. The murderous Mafia have continued their killing ways, and are poised to dominate the town under their thumb. As the few remaining stragglers convene in the town square, they find the body of
nureins
dumped unceremoniously into the fountain, his blood staining the marble of the fountain base itself.

nureins, Vanilla Townie, killed Night Three

With three remaining, it's two to lynch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by massive »

Zeppo007 has requested replacement and I'm lookin'.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by massive »

Sorry, guys, I've got no new leads (even the former player who sent me a message wasn't interested in replacing) and I'm out of the country at the moment. I'll keep looking though.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #26) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by massive »

I never received that PM, I don't think. In any case, Drench replaces Zeppo007.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #27) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am

Post by massive »

Tentative deadline is set at one week from right now. May be lifted due to the holidays.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #28) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:15 am

Post by massive »

Final Vote Count

Drench (2): caf19, dejkha

As caf19 and dejkha string up Drench, caf19 breathes a sigh of relief.

"So, I guess that's over, then?"

Dejkha smiles as he points the barrel of his pistol at the back of caf19's head.

"Yes, it certainly is."

Drench, vanilla townie, lynched Day Four
caf19, vanilla townie, killed in end game

Scum win! Thanks for playing, everyone, and thanks to everyone who replaced.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”