Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:25 am

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote:
Nur 249: I strongly disagree with you. It is too early to be asking anyone for a claim. I also don't like how you assume that everyone will vote from Chuck. The only reason to ask for a claim is L-1. We're still two players short. This really really really bothers me.

I really really really don't like Nur asking outright who Chuck's buddy is. First of all, we do not know for a fact if Chuck is scum, or if he is pulling a Kuribo ala 617, where Kuribo lied to get himself out of the most painful game in existence.

I did a refresh before posting this, and I see Chuck has claimed a scum partner. I do not know whether to buy this or not, but I will be asking the mod to look into canceling this game. Thank you Chuck, you quite possibly ruined it for the rest of us. I hope you are happy.

Thank you, Chuck
1. To the first paragraph, I said I was ready for a claim. I had a clear case, my conviction was quite high. It seems I was right.

2. To the second paragraph, are you going to defend Chucky is townie ? Please do it.

3. To the third paragraph, you are inconsistent. You said in the second that maybe chuck is not scum. You say in the third that maybe-not-scum chuck claiming his maybe-not-partner would ruin the game. How is so ? At the end, he could be faking all his claims, couldnt he ? UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT HE IS SCUM. WHICH OBVIOUSLY, IT IS THE CASE.

That makes us wonder also, why dont you vote him ? Waiting for other players really ? hehe

Dej fossed him, Caf expressed a clear opinion that he was scum, Seb did the same. You, well, we are waiting for your vote. You know, maybe when you vote for him the rest of players will also vote and finish the torture...:P
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 am

Post by Mirth »

Nur, I'm not going to defend Chuck. While it's still possible that he may be pulling a fake claim to die and get out of this game, the more he has said, the less I believe this is the case. You are obviously ignoring the fact that that post was written as I was reading backlog, i.e. first reactions to each post in a chronological order. I am indifferent to whether Chuck dies if he is scum and you are his partner, as the game is ruined in that case anyway. I see you're trying to set me up for the next lynch, and I really don't mind. As long as I first get a promise from everyone here after Chuck is lynched and I am lynched, that you are lynched. That is all I ask since I do believe he wasn't lieing the first time and that you have been trying to set me up as his partner from before he claimed scum.

I am not going to vote until there is a mod ruling on this issue. That is all.

And Seb, there's still no reason to swear at people.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:51 am

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote: I see you're trying to set me up for the next lynch, and I really don't mind. As long as I first get a promise from everyone here after Chuck is lynched and I am lynched, that you are lynched.
Why would you like this promise ?
Do you consider me 100 per cent scum as to sacrifice yourself in day 2 with the condition of lynching me on day 3 ??

Also, people is free to take their best options during the game. I doubt people want to agree with you on such a promise. Of course, in case the violent crowd of townies would decide to lynch me on day 2, I would build a very very very clear case for them to suggest a day 3 lynch of you, as I am quite sure now that you are chuck's mate. But I would not play promise-games with the rest of players, as these promises have no meaning and no way to be applied later.

Also, given that you consider me so able to drive people's mind to the insane state in which they believe that you are scum when you are not, maybe in day 3 I am able to fool them. So if you were a townie, you would fight to the last moment to lynch me in day 2. Just in case.

This is what I plan to do with you, just in case. Not that I consider people stupid or you able to convince them in day 3, but the sooner, the better to avoid any circumstance/manipulation/confusion.

Mirth wrote: And Seb, there's still no reason to swear at people.
I COMPLETELY AGREE.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Mirth »

Nur, if you are lynched day 2 and are not scum, then I will not try to stop my own lynch day 3 because I cannot be allowed to live to endgame now that there is enough suspicion on me to cloud actual judgment. If neither of us is scum, we are both still liabilities because of connections to Chuck and these liabilities should not be ignored.

Chuck called you his scum partner. We cannot be sure if he was lying or not but if he turns up scum, can we absolutely under no circumstances ignore it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 am

Post by massive »

Please note that I am aware of everyone's concerns in this game ... but it is up to the town to decide who to lynch, and not the mod. I'm just here to count votes. In related news, Serous and cute.without.e will be replaced as soon as humanly possible.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 am

Post by nureins »

Mirth wrote: Chuck called you his scum partner. We cannot be sure if he was lying or not but if he turns up scum, can we absolutely under no circumstances ignore it.
I am not ignoring it. I have a clear view of who his partner is. If you dont, shouldnt you trying to extract information from him ?

Oh, I guess this is conditional on you being townie...ushhh, my logic is flawed. Yes, as you are scum, you do not need to put more pressure on him. And you dont, and you didnt, at any step of the process.

Now the mod talked. Do you need something else to vote for chucky ?
Ah...please add your reasons and how your view of him has evolved, as your mild and soft connection with him is a bit foggy :)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Mirth »

Not a question of evolution, Nur. It comes down to he claimed and his claim cannot be ignored, so I will do now what must be done. Yes, the mod talked.
vote:Chuck

As to partners, I believe that it is in fact you. I do not think Caf or Dej are partners with Chuck, though it is possible that Seb is because of the reactivity of both to one another, but I do not put much stock in that either as that would have had to have been major bussing. I have no opinions of the other 2 as they are not here and I cannot say one way or the other whether one could be a partner (though you earlier pointed out Chuck's mention of Serous, which could become important later.)
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:57 am

Post by nureins »

So great, I hope to really see day 2. My case on you is quite open and clear if chucky is scum (that is pretty obvious to me). It is not going to be conditional anymore, and therefore secondary. It is going to be PRIMARY. And given how you panicked, well, also OBVIOUS.

If I die tonight, do not let Mirth to escape. You have one scum. She is the best bet, almost sure. Do not let you be misguided by any claim/manipulation/trick. If any of you have serious doubts that she is scum and you want to debate it, you are welcome. But I guess it is pretty obvious now.

If you want to hear comments on Mirth, do not hammer chucky yet and ask me.
If you are pretty sure, you can hammer if you want.
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Hurry up and lynch me. Btw, Seb, please don't swear. Just because someone is scum, doesn't mean they are
SMURFS
. I know I'm being a bit hyypocritical, but please. I thankfully don't take offence to thiws, but in futre games, people might. Just a kinda warning.

Also, why is Nureins taking the lead? Why is he the "Boss" so to speak. Everyone can make their own decisions. Good luck Nureins my scumbuddy =P
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

"I'm what Doctor Spooner would call a Shining Wit!" Me
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:50 am

Post by dejkha »

Chuck is also scene defending Mirth way back on page 2 (i think)
ChuckNorris wrote:
Town

Me- Because I know i'm pro-town.
Mirth/Caf- Both posting alot of quite helpfull evidence. Imo the most, apart from me =P, town like people.
seb456zig wrote: @Chucky, juust wait. You'll die eventualy. And its obvious that both Mirth and Nuriens are gonna die 2 & 3. 1 ov ems gonna be scum. I personaly thing its Mirth but thats juust a homage to my first post, and coz Mirth omgused me even when i took back my vote. I guess that this game is set. I cant
SMURFING
BELIEVE I WONT DIE, ITS A MIRACLE. I bet my life its 1 of dem anyway. Have fun in hell you mafia
SMURFS
. without the vowels, its not swearing :D
Seb, as I've said a few pages ago, don't think just because the attention off you that you're still not a suspect. In the event that Mirth isn't scum, and you're still alive, you'll turn to number one on my list. I still remember everything you've done that made you seem scummy earlier. Also, Chuck taking a similar appraoch to you when under pressure doesn't help you either (telling everyone to lynch you).

I'm still not sure how to take that hunch you had waaaay back near the middle, i think, when you said you have a gut feeling that Chuck is scum before he became particularly suspicious.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:15 am

Post by massive »

The Fancy Mr Fancy replaces cute.without.e immediately.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:23 am

Post by massive »

Official Vote Count

ChuckNorris
(4) » seb456zig, nureins, ChuckNorris, Mirth
seb456zig (1) » Mr Avacado
Serous (1) » The Fancy Mr Fancy

Not voting but able: Serous, dejkha, caf19

With nine people in town, it takes five to lynch.
The Fancy Mr Fancy
The Fancy Mr Fancy
Townie
The Fancy Mr Fancy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:38 am

Post by The Fancy Mr Fancy »

Hey guys, this is my first online game and i'm looking forward to it. Going to read up on the game and will probably post tomorrow
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:13 pm

Post by caf19 »

Thanks for replacing, Fancy.

I'm not averse to hammering, but waiting for both replacements to occur would probably be a good idea. As for tomorrow's lynches: this game may be a slight exception to the norm, but it's best not to discuss them too much. I'll wait and see who's still alive tomorrow with respect to that.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Dej, you think that is its possible for Seb and Chuck to be partners? Why?
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:03 am

Post by seb456zig »

lol. I omgused him, then he omgused me, then he went on and on to Nur that he answered sum questions i dunno, i wasnt paying attention. I was just happy that wasn't me anymore. Then Chuck roleclaimed, (skrewing up this game :D ) and then he called Nur a scumbuddy, then Nur denied it, then Nur said it cood be Mirth, then Chuck UnScumBuddieClaimed (yes its a word, i think. You might have to hyphenate it though). Anyway, I cant see how i could ever be anyones scuumbuddie (except for the Avacado man. Be he probs aint mafia, i think) my hunch was right because I had a good hunch feeling. U cant say i knew from beginning and im his partner.

2 minutes later (because im dizzy and tired (2.00AM) brb)

If that didn't make sense I'm sorry, it made sense in my head though. Hmm, Im still dizy. anyway, long story short. I wanna no the answer to Mirths question thats 1 post before this one. In hindsight, this post has no real purpose. What a waste of time. I hope you enjoyed my summary of this chapter of Umore-the untold story. Thank you for reading.
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:18 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Seb. Utter rubbish. You didn't think I was scum untill everyone else had pointed me out. So don't try and credit yourself. Thank Nuriens, Mirth, Dej, Caf.
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

"I'm what Doctor Spooner would call a Shining Wit!" Me
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:58 am

Post by nureins »

It makes perfect sense Seb. You can express it better, but it makes perfect sense.
Chuck is mafia. Confidence: 99 per cent or above.
Mirth is his partner. Confidence: 95 per cent or above.

The way Mirth looks for possible scum partners of chucky is funny.

First, she argues it is me. That is the less credible accusation over the earth. I turned attention to Mirth. I pushed Chuck's wagon to the limit. I built all the accusation. Chuck blundered to me. Ridiculous. Otherwise, chucky would know that I was his mate and wouldnt have blundered. Ah, if you think that he is faking his blunder, it is going to be a great laughable continuation of the game.

Now she asks dejkha about Seb being chuck's partner. Not very credible. Chucky attacked and pushed seb to the limit. So much than his scummate (Mirth) disauthorized him by unvoting Seb at L-1. It was sooooooo clear that Chucky was rushing !!

Who is the next one ? Hunt hunt, it is quite funny.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:00 am

Post by nureins »

dejkha wrote: In the event that Mirth isn't scum, and you're still alive, you'll turn to number one on my list.
I agree with this view. But bet you something this is not gonna happen :)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Mirth »

Nur, here you are twisting my words. I stated that I *dont* think Chuck and Seb are partners. I don't see that much bussing going on with newbies that young. Dej said that if I die and come up town, he'll look at Seb next. I clearly asked him why he thinks this.

And Nur, I do think you're Chuck's partner, considering how you keep trying to link him to me. I agree that I probably do need to die now since I could be a problem in endgame if it gets to that, but I think you should die first, that is all.

Oh, and Seb brought something up that I forgot about. Speaking of Mr. A we have not heard from him in a while. (I forgot he was even playing. I'm still not 100% used to the 9 player newbies though I'm ICing a bunch...must say I liked the 7 player better.) In fact, it's been more than a week since we've heard from Mr. A.

Mod: can we get a prod on Mr. A if you havent prodded already?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:34 am

Post by dejkha »

Mirth wrote:Dej, you think that is its possible for Seb and Chuck to be partners? Why?
I never thought of them as "partners", so that's not particularly why I think Seb is scum. Seb was my first real suspect and that was because he did things like lie and didn't pay attention or read everything (he admitted to all of these). I've also noticed the many OMGUS votes on his side. So, in the event that you're not Chuck's partner, Seb will be the next one I'll suspect. I also think that fact that Seb and Chuck have similar reactions to pressure, such as claiming they want to die, doesn't help him at all.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
seb456zig
seb456zig
Goon
seb456zig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:41 am

Post by seb456zig »

In the likely event that I am shown townie, I wouuld like to know who you will execute.
Mod:Votecount (and soz for swearing wont happen again)

Im goin school for six hours, cya
[i][u][b]I'm slightly older than Ani, that makes me slightly better than him![/b][/u][/i]
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 am

Post by dejkha »

seb456zig wrote:In the likely event that I am shown townie, I wouuld like to know who you will execute.
Mod:Votecount (and soz for swearing wont happen again)

Im goin school for six hours, cya
The vote count hasn't changed since the mod updated it.

massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:16 am

Post by massive »

dejkha wrote:The vote count hasn't changed since the mod updated it.
Word. And it's even on this page! Just look for the tractor.

Prodding Mr Avacado.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Mirth »

Dej, let me try reframing my question. You think I am scum because of my supposed connection to Chuck, yes? Namely early coaching and my reaction to his claim. This is correct, yes? Thus you think that Chuck and I are partners because of this. Would you think I was definately scum if Chuck had not admitted himself to be? Probably not. My question here is this: yes, Seb is scummy and his play has been poor, but do you think that poor play from both of them is enough to connect them as partners? Do you see any other links, like you see with me and Chuck, that makes you think they're scum together?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”