Assassin (4): Archer, Foreigner, Rider, Moon Cancer
Avenger (2): Avenger, Berserker
Caster (2): Saber, Lancer
Foreigner (1): Caster
Berserker (1): Ruler
Beast (1): Beast
Saber (1): Shielder
Phase Page Count: 29/60

24 Hours have been added to the time deadline. The page deadline remains fixed at 60.

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-08 21:23:37)
Last edited by Cabd on Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Servant Beast »

Congrats on page top mod
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 699, Servant Caster wrote:I'm surprised no one but berserker has explained why they are not voting for foreigner as I've now brought it up like 4 times.

I'll have to move my vote soon if this continues.
I think it's because I asked to not be voted in.
Although hindsight is 20/20 and I'd be curious for a different answer to this.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I'm curious why no one but me seems to think it doesnt matter what you want! I guess these are the same people who want to vote avenger because he asked nicely.

It is hard to get a bead on anyone when they all seem utterly disinterested in offering reasons for their opinions. I can't really try to chase down literally everyone simultaneously for this.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 699, Servant Caster wrote:I'm surprised no one but berserker has explained why they are not voting for foreigner as I've now brought it up like 4 times.

I'll have to move my vote soon if this continues.
I've mentioned a couple times why I don't want to vote them.

They said they don't want it.

Another factor early on was that although I had a townread, the rolefishy posts bothered me and I worried they might harm town with the master ability even with the best of intentions.

I'm more willing to entertain different approaches to selecting a player to buff now than I was during the first couple of calendar days.

My vote will probably go to Assassin, though if they are town I feel they could be an asset in the mid-to-late game. I'm considering giving it to you, too. And I won't pitch a fit if Avenger gets it.

Dangerous imps are whispering in my ear that I should go for the buff. The thought of burning across the early game like a meteor and then snuffing out is seductive.

Loud music mostly drowns them out.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 703, Servant Caster wrote:I'm curious why no one but me seems to think it doesnt matter what you want! I guess these are the same people who want to vote avenger because he asked nicely.

It is hard to get a bead on anyone when they all seem utterly disinterested in offering reasons for their opinions. I can't really try to chase down literally everyone simultaneously for this.
Servant Alter Ego wrote:Dangerous imps are whispering in my ear that I should go for the buff. The thought of burning across the early game like a meteor and then snuffing out is seductive.
You have my support if you decide to throw your hat in the ring.

I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh, right. Pro-town pomp and circumstance! Go town woo!
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:06 am

Did you mean to link to an Archer post?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:09 am

Ah, this is 230.

In post 230, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:^ seven days actually and there’s a 60 page restriction per day before we’re limited to just voting.
I sit corrected, my apologies. I'm not particularly concerned about either until we're within meaningful distance of achieving it however. Question to Foreigner stands.
In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:Servant foreigner read: Constant ‘okay I won’t, wait yes I will’ in regards to following his quest and set up speculation in addition to not wanting power pretty much seals his slot as town to me. So if we want to pick town today no matter what, there’s not much reason not to vote there. Case closed for me.
12 to go.
I agree with you in that Foreigner is probably town. However, I'm not convinced at this time voting for him is a good idea, because I don't trust his judgment well enough to hand him kingmaker (Mastermaker?) abilities.

I need to reread you. Be right back.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Servant Caster »

VOTE: Caster
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:17 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

okay the reason i was holding this up was that i wanted to compile everyone's opinion wrt the master and especially the possibility of them receiving it. quote-dump, go:

Alter Ego
In post 277, Servant Alter Ego wrote:As far as my own interest in the upgrade, I'm meh. I like being confirmed town when it happens in a game, but it messes with how I form reads on other players. And, I'm not feeling super leadery so far, which means I'd probably be trying to work toward consensus rather than set direction. I'd like someone who can lead well and whose read-process I trust to have the upgrade.
In post 339, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I hope to be obvious enough as town to be considered for master-enabling down the road. I feel chicken about having enough power coming out of this phase to really screw things up for town if my choices and decisions are bad.
In post 398, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I feel like this town may not be as lucky in having a hesitant scum team. The scum prize looks valuable, especially for a strong scum team.
In post 500, Servant Alter Ego wrote:More cautious than opposed. It's always cool when shiny buffs come my way without seeking them out because I'm just that towny. My hesitance is more about whether I can step up and be what the buff will demand of a player. If it came to me, I'd do my best. And we'd learn how well the mechanic works in a consensus-builder's hands.

Picking a hero may be a better way to go.
Archer
In post 81, Servant Archer wrote:I would be fine with making a strong town voice master. First of all, they will be guaranteed to drive 3 hangs which can hopefully help snowball this game. Also, there's probably going to exist protective roles anyways, so they could save whoever we end up choosing.
In post 635, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 623, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 620, Servant Archer wrote:We aren't targeting a null read. Those end up being scum way too much.
what about voting you, instead
I would like that. IC is fun for me, but my role doesn't have much utility even with power up but I can still power up others. Idk how much of an issue that is.
Why don't you want to be mastered again?

this is why i pulled that stunt with voting them yesterday, they had basically made no comment about the master vote and i wanted to see what they'd say. i felt like they froze up a little bit at the time. looking at the post outside a real time context it looks okay

Assassin
In post 318, Servant Assassin wrote:i will declare i don't NOT want to gain a Master
In post 416, Servant Assassin wrote:to be clear on my stance: i would accept master votes, because i know i am town and believe the best outcome is for town to be chosen in this phase. can't promise great reads or amazing leadership though. if people wanna vote me that's cool, if not i'm gonna push for whoever i'm most confident is town to get selected
Avenger
In post 416, Servant Assassin wrote:to be clear on my stance: i would accept master votes, because i know i am town and believe the best outcome is for town to be chosen in this phase. can't promise great reads or amazing leadership though. if people wanna vote me that's cool, if not i'm gonna push for whoever i'm most confident is town to get selected
In post 662, Servant Avenger wrote:1. I'm a pain for scum to deal.
2. I take control of the game away from them in an unspecified manner.
3. I won't fuck up handing out the master to other players (in all likelihood).
(not gonna provide a lot of quotes here, i think we all know their deal is they really want it)

Beast
In post 593, Servant Beast wrote:Caught up again, and wtf, how is Assassin a top contender for master?

Someone asked me about my scum reads earlier and I didn't explain them before because moon caster said something funny about agreeing with me on them and when I asked them to explain they never acknowledged it and then the conversation just kept going with noone calling them on it while I was gone.

Current scum reads, in no particular order: moon, assassin, and Archer.

I removed alter from my earlier scum reads because I feel a bit better about them.

You can add me to the list of people over this zero phase. Also against the idea of a town block day zero, and embarrassed that I even have to say that.

I need to reorient myself. I've been treating this as a normal day and reading this thread while looking for scum and town but that's not right.

VOTE: beast

Pretty sure this person is town.
Berserker
In post 15, Servant Berserker wrote:Give me Master.

It doesn't matter what your ability says or does. It doesn't matter what your upgrades are.

My master upgrade is insanely good by definition, and my role does well as confirmed unkillable town for a day or so.

Ship me the Master.
In post 96, Servant Berserker wrote:I agree that no one should read me above neutral for wanting the Master vote.

But also, people should consider I was the first one to claim, and it's a personality thing. If I see a possible exploit, if my role does a bonkers thing, I'm going to push to do that thing.

Now that I know it is ubiquitous, I don't care who gets it as long as I vote for a town read. I'm happy to take it because confirmed town lets me lynch my scum reads with pure force of Rage, but.

It's not important anymore, my role isn't special in that regard.
In post 693, Servant Berserker wrote:I'm still not against taking the Master myself, btw.

My original push was because of role stuff, but now I'm looking at our options and I'm concerned that people would use this wrong.

I'm okay if not enough people trust me to put it in my hands, but I trust my ability to put the powers on the right people enough that I feel like I'd rather have it than Foreigner, who I know I don't trust.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:03 am

Caster
In post 140, Servant Caster wrote:We should master a townread. If anything, targeting a strong townread with this makes them unkillable night 1. Whoever suggested they don't want to lynch scum today to make their role better is probably doing a poor cost-benefit analysis.
In post 249, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 247, Servant Saber wrote:I am indeed using Mastermaker to sort unknowns, yes. To be clear, I do have a bias toward unknowns on the townier side of things - hence the "posi-null lean" comment while vote-supporting Alter Ego - but I would prefer an unknown to someone I'm pretty sure will flip town
This is an awful position. Just elect the person who's going to get killed night 1 so they can't be killed night 1. This is the most obvious thing in the world, wake up.
In post 603, Servant Caster wrote:Why can't we master universal townread foreigner?

This phase is boring.

If foreigner and myself aren't options I will vote assassin because he's not avenger.
In post 708, Servant Caster wrote:VOTE: Caster
kinda weird because they haven't particularly campaigned for it? but ok.

Foreigner
In post 44, Servant Foreigner wrote:Oh I read my role pm wrong.
My with a master ability allows me to give another player a master as a day action.
I am not sure how I missed that text, thanks for getting me to check my noble phantasm.

So to some degree I am objectively the best choice beyond correct strategy of choosing a null read 40 pages from now.
Otherwise we should target a null read as whoever gets chosen will die night one.

I assume this phase is not the same as the literal day 1 elimination phase so I will liberally use our 60 pages.

VOTE: Servant Foreigner
In post 55, Servant Foreigner wrote:I disagree with the notion that giving our strongest town play a confirmed town status.
Then watching them die night 1 as we also lose our upgraded role pm.

If you disagree with that strategy then vote me because I know I am town and I like my upgrade.
In post 209, Servant Foreigner wrote:Hello everyone, I have listened to the requests of the crowd and reread my role pm.
I do not want to have my "with a master" bonus this game.

Mine is more quality of life to make my mini quest happen easier. But a big brainer like myself does not need the handicap Cabd is attempting to give me.
In post 233, Servant Foreigner wrote:Regardless of opinions on me on my alignment or play.
I did say I don't want to be a master.

It's just bad for me on review.
Lancer
In post 27, Servant Lancer wrote:I don't know anything about FGO, but there's a comprehensive wiki and I imagine at least a few of us actually do.
The more you claim about your role the easier it is for scum to figure out who's who.
The most important thing is giving the master to town and not scum, not for everyone to start comparing their roles to each other to try and figure out who has the strongest one.
In post 52, Servant Lancer wrote:Giving town a master is more important than maximizing the master benefit, a feat which is literally impossible without fullclaiming, which I again caution is a very bad idea.
Cabd said this game is very swingy and I'm reading that as scum getting a master to be a bad thing, even if it kills one of them.
In post 189, Servant Lancer wrote:Like the point isn't the player gets to be IC. It's that they get the master ability and scum doesn't get the boost mentioned in the OP. So yes I'm only going to be okay with a player I am really sure is town.
no real commentary on them getting the master, p sure because i took them out of consideration very early, lmao. too late now that i've posted this to get words but it's w/e

Moon Cancer
In post 234, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I can also grant others their "with a master" upgrade, though I didn't think it'd be this common so I feel kind of betrayed. I was gonna crusade to be made the master in this phase, but learning it's not rare has left me feeling a bit dismayed. Knowing it's so common makes me not want it anymore. Plus being an innocent child is always such a bore. I'll probably just end up voting whoever I feel best about. I dunno, I guess I'll wait and see how this phase plays out.
In post 342, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Uh, to avoid any sort of future complication I feel I should correct this miscommunication. I meant no votes from anyone towards an elected town master count (and how that interacts with my Noble Phantasm is paramount). As I think I previously noted, my Noble Phantasm requires me being voted. (I don't currently plan on actually using it, but the topic came up when I asked Cabd about abusing it.)
In post 423, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 421, Servant Avenger wrote:@mooncaster, who’s scum?
Probably Assassin.

Vote: Servant Assassin

: ]
In post 425, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I'm not interested in going into theory discussion to explain why I'm voting someone I think is scum, so just accept it for what it is. It boils down to me being too lazy to case people in this game so I'm just going to abuse the mechanic to get a flip on someone a lot of the game is calling town. Worst case scenario from my POV is he's town and I need to reassess lol. I don't care if that happens though. And I don't give a shit if scum get upgrades really, playing around power roles was never a big thing for me.

As for why he's scum, see previous paragraph about being lazy.
Rider
In post 89, Servant Rider wrote:Hi guys!

VOTE: Servant Rider
In post 264, Servant Rider wrote:As for the master upgrade, I'm not interested as much as long as it goes to someone that'll make good decisions with their Mastermaking powers.
In post 308, Servant Rider wrote:I thought I'd answered this last night. I'll be more explicit; I don't want the master upgrade. The only real interest I have in it would be that it'd be nice to be an IC and it'd be nice to trust the person who's conferring Master upgrades. I have enough decent townreads now that the latter isn't an issue and the former is personal idiosyncrasy. Give it to someone that benefits us mechanically.
Ruler
In post 364, Servant Ruler wrote:I'll read up over the next day or so but don't really expect commentary on much prior to my rep in. This is just an extra phase and things lined up so that the chance of me gaining master is pretty nil by virtue of the replacement.
In post 377, Servant Ruler wrote:There are other townies that aren't me and I don't do well as an IC where players interactions with me are skewed. I trust in my ability to townhunt so I'll be using that instead of going full Finding Nemo Seagull.
Saber
In post 184, Servant Saber wrote:Hi everyone! I lean more on the side of using Mastermaker to suss out nebulous reads than on the side of turning someone I already feel really good about into an Innocent Child. So:

VOTE: Alter Ego

Congratulations! You are a sufficiently posi-null lean as to warrant this kind of vote.
In post 255, Servant Saber wrote:To be clear, I would rather see a Town Master than a Mafia Master. This is why I'm voting for an unknown I lean slightly positive on. But I also don't think a Mafia Master is as cataclysmic for town as other people do, and going into a two-lynch day with an extra sorted slot is mighty tantalizing.
In post 290, Servant Saber wrote:UNVOTE: Alter Ego
VOTE: Caster

Seems like this stands a better chance of gaining traction if AE isn't particularly interested. I don't really think that someone simply not wanting Master status should warrant not giving it to them, but if there are other gameplay factors to consider, then that changes things. Other people generally seem to like Caster, so I'm perfectly happy to meet them there.
no mention of possibly wanting it themslf

Shielder
In post 324, Servant Shielder wrote:Well, I obviously wouldn’t mind being IC’d. If you’re asking me to make a case as to why I deserve it more than anyone else, my only answer is I know I’m town and then I would be confirmed.
In post 337, Servant Shielder wrote:Yeah that helps but scum could also be playing it safe too and not vote their buddy? I know that one player seemed kind of agressive but I don’t know what to make of that yet.
In post 570, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 569, Servant Shielder wrote:does anyone's role not have the ability to master someone else?
to be clear im wondering because my role doesnt have that ability and im wondering if im the only one.
(that last one is especially WTF)
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 am

anything jump out? am i getting the feeling there's some false modesty going around here? is it possible the scumteam just decided they didn't
want
to go for the master vote? that for whatever benefits they might get, they're scared of flipping one of their own early? that it would be way safer to just pick a town player and pocket them so maybe they get handed out upgrades in secret? plus they'd get to keep their numbers advantage. it's also the kind of thing where, if you're confident in your abilities as a scum player you rarely are going to want to take yourself out of the game early and you might not have confidence in your teammates to carry (this is especially true if ruler and/or shielder is on your team)
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:15 am

so: i'm okay with voting avenger because i've liked some of the posts he made recently, i have a vague ~gamestate~ feeling off the wagon on him that he might be town, and it would save me the trouble of having to actually read him

if people are still uneasy about voting avenger (and, like, i get it), i'll take it, or i'd be okay with berserker, because i am reasonably confident their attitude toward the master vote is more likely to come from town (want it -> don't care anymore -> actually maybe i should take it, i don't trust you people). plus, i have the feeling they're a player who likes to go deep as scum and wouldn't want to knock themself out so early.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:40 am

In post 711, Servant Assassin wrote:anything jump out? am i getting the feeling there's some false modesty going around here? is it possible the scumteam just decided they didn't
want
to go for the master vote? that for whatever benefits they might get, they're scared of flipping one of their own early? that it would be way safer to just pick a town player and pocket them so maybe they get handed out upgrades in secret? plus they'd get to keep their numbers advantage. it's also the kind of thing where, if you're confident in your abilities as a scum player you rarely are going to want to take yourself out of the game early and you might not have confidence in your teammates to carry (this is especially true if ruler and/or shielder is on your team)
I keep thinking about a masterful scum player treestumped in the scum pt and directing their scum army of 3, completely invisible to town. And I keep trying to find that scum player maneuvering into position in this phase.

Or, one of the 4 scum has something additional to becoming a PT treestump and powering up the other scum roles, that activates upon being selected. Something that makes them more destructive to town than the other roles.

Maybe this scumteam doesn't have a mastermind and isn't trying hard to position to get the master ability.

Maybe the strategy or lack thereof will be crystal clear in retrospect.

I keep telling myself that a bork-reviewed game won't leave town a smoking hulk on the basis of one bad wagon.

I need to clear my mind and let your posts sink in for a few.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

I think it's definitely possible scum decided to forego the master upgrade altogether in exchange for minimizing the information gained from a scum exit pre-day 1.

It would probably be nearly impossible to get scum elected without a strong push by partners in that direction.

Balance is another point to consider. Not everyone can benefit town with a master upgrade (moon already established this) I doubt any of the master upgrades are really spectacular in isolation but the real benefit is the conf town to start the game anyway.

Also fuck off calling me dead weight as scum.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 712, Servant Assassin wrote:so: i'm okay with voting avenger because i've liked some of the posts he made recently, i have a vague ~gamestate~ feeling off the wagon on him that he might be town, and it would save me the trouble of having to actually read him

if people are still uneasy about voting avenger (and, like, i get it), i'll take it, or i'd be okay with berserker, because i am reasonably confident their attitude toward the master vote is more likely to come from town (want it -> don't care anymore -> actually maybe i should take it, i don't trust you people). plus, i have the feeling they're a player who likes to go deep as scum and wouldn't want to knock themself out so early.
I'm not voting Avenger today. I'd only vote Berserker under dire circumstances.

Don't start drinking Saber's Kool-Aid.
In post 713, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I keep thinking about a masterful scum player treestumped in the scum pt and directing their scum army of 3, completely invisible to town. And I keep trying to find that scum player maneuvering into position in this phase.
This sounds better in theory than it probably is in practice. Even the best scumplayer on the planet would lose if the advice they give is ignored/their team doesn't have the skills to act on it.
In post 713, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Or, one of the 4 scum has something additional to becoming a PT treestump and powering up the other scum roles, that activates upon being selected. Something that makes them more destructive to town than the other roles.

Maybe this scumteam doesn't have a mastermind and isn't trying hard to position to get the master ability.
The only two this game that have made any kind of serious campaign to get elected are Avenger and Berserker. If scum is tryharding to get the master upgrade then one of them has to be scum. I'm leaning toward scum not bothering with the master upgrade.
In post 713, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I keep telling myself that a bork-reviewed game won't leave town a smoking hulk on the basis of one bad wagon.
Smoking hulk, unlikely. Punishing but fair is probably more accurate.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:04 am

In post 714, Servant Ruler wrote:I think it's definitely possible scum decided to forego the master upgrade altogether in exchange for minimizing the information gained from a scum exit pre-day 1.

It would probably be nearly impossible to get scum elected without a strong push by partners in that direction.

Balance is another point to consider. Not everyone can benefit town with a master upgrade (moon already established this) I doubt any of the master upgrades are really spectacular in isolation but the real benefit is the conf town to start the game anyway.

Also fuck off calling me dead weight as scum.
did i hurt baby's feelings
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

Who do you want to vote, Rider?
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

Yes, baby is good scum.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

Where does your aversion to voting Avenger come from, Rider? Your trajectory™ on him is weird - at no point do you say you think he's scum, just that you aren't confident in the town read but you also think it's unlikely scum were gunning for master?
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

VOTE: Rider
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

In post 720, Servant Ruler wrote:VOTE: Rider
This is a very strange timing of a vote.

Why place this vote now?
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

It's who I want to master. I'll probably compromise on assassin by deadline.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:33 am

In post 711, Servant Assassin wrote:anything jump out? am i getting the feeling there's some false modesty going around here? is it possible the scumteam just decided they didn't
want
Servant Rider wrote:
In post 713, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I keep thinking about a masterful scum player treestumped in the scum pt and directing their scum army of 3, completely invisible to town. And I keep trying to find that scum player maneuvering into position in this phase.
This sounds better in theory than it probably is in practice. Even the best scumplayer on the planet would lose if the advice they give is ignored/their team doesn't have the skills to act on it.
In post 713, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Or, one of the 4 scum has something additional to becoming a PT treestump and powering up the other scum roles, that activates upon being selected. Something that makes them more destructive to town than the other roles.

The only two this game that have made any kind of serious campaign to get elected are Avenger and Berserker. If scum is tryharding to get the master upgrade then one of them has to be scum. I'm leaning toward scum not bothering with the master upgrade.
Despite all my paranoid setup spec (So paranoid it's in a markdown editer instead of my PT so I won't hear laughter all the way from Illinois), these posts feel like the universe we're probably in.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 717, Servant Berserker wrote:Who do you want to vote, Rider?
Assassin. Alter Ego. Caster.
Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Where does your aversion to voting Avenger come from, Rider? Your trajectory™ on him is weird - at no point do you say you think he's scum, just that you aren't confident in the town read but you also think it's unlikely scum were gunning for master?
Avenger frustrates me. I can't read them; I've read their ISO more than anyone else's in the thread. The best I can say about them is, at the risk of aping Assassin from a few minutes ago, is they've said a few decent things recently. However, there's also a few things they've said recently that I don't like. None of this adds up to a townread or a scumread for me, and add that to the fact that I have solid townreads on Assassin and Alter, a liquid townread on Caster and gaseous townreads on a couple of others, I'm not voting for a damn question mark.

Further, I do believe scum isn't going hard for the master. But if I'm wrong and they are, it's Avenger. So that's why I'm not voting them today.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”