Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

I'm a Fate fiend, not going to lie. So's the mod. Unless you have something specific to out, don't ask for information about someone's servant identity, be it rarity, ability, traits, name, any of it. In Fate, the less someone knows about your servant, the less likely you are to die because your enemies don't know what to expect. That's the premise Cabd made this game around.
Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm having a little bit of trouble attaching Avenger's posts to their avatar in my mind. That's probably a sign that they've not stood out to me enough yet, though I did like their first few posts, the way they entered the game.

I need to solidify a read on Lancer. I'm giving them towncredit for scumreading me, and that's not a good basis for a read.
I remember being mildly amused by their first few posts re:Avenger, but that's all I remember. As for Lancer, I liked their early posting because it seemed like they actually understood the "let's not claim anything we don't have to" mechanic. and I particularly liked.

I degraded Lancer a bit from the interaction with Assassin, but I'm not prepared at the moment to say why. It's something I'm continuing to keep an eye on.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

Some classes are piss easy to deduce who they are.
Some classes have very obvious traits in terms of what I am fishing for.

I don't see why cabd would design a game where some Servants could killed be night 1 without reading the thread.
While some are near indestructable because of how absurdly large the pool of options is.

I refuse to believe that would ever pass as good game design.
Sorry I know I said I'd drop the topic but people keep bringing it up lol.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:10 pm

I town read Avenger and Archer.
Assassin is pretty abrasive in a way I see coming from town as well?

I don't have any other reads right now because it's page 10.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 226, Servant Foreigner wrote:Some classes are piss easy to deduce who they are.
Some classes have very obvious traits in terms of what I am fishing for.
The only one I would consider "piss-easy" to deduce would be Shielder, since there is only one playable Shielder in the F/GO game and two known Shielders in the Fate universe. That said, we don't know what if any measures the mod took to obfuscate that role's abilities.
In post 226, Servant Foreigner wrote:I don't see why cabd would design a game where some Servants could killed be night 1 without reading the thread.
You have my attention. We're currently in a day phase to select someone for Mastership with a full 10 days on the clock. What?
In post 226, Servant Foreigner wrote:While some are near indestructable because of how absurdly large the pool of options is.
I don't understand what you mean by indestructible here. Makes it harder to figure out who they are, sure. But that's rather the point? What's YOUR point?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

^ seven days actually and there’s a 60 page restriction per day before we’re limited to just voting.

I too like the fate series.

Servant foreigner read: Constant ‘okay I won’t, wait yes I will’ in regards to following his quest and set up speculation in addition to not wanting power pretty much seals his slot as town to me. So if we want to pick town today no matter what, there’s not much reason not to vote there. Case closed for me.
12 to go.

I’d still strongly prefer being selected.

Am I to understand foreigner, that you’d be willing to vote for me if it came to it?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:^ seven days actually and there’s a 60 page restriction per day before we’re limited to just voting.
I sit corrected, my apologies. I'm not particularly concerned about either until we're within meaningful distance of achieving it however. Question to Foreigner stands.
In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:Servant foreigner read: Constant ‘okay I won’t, wait yes I will’ in regards to following his quest and set up speculation in addition to not wanting power pretty much seals his slot as town to me. So if we want to pick town today no matter what, there’s not much reason not to vote there. Case closed for me.
12 to go.
I agree with you in that Foreigner is probably town. However, I'm not convinced at this time voting for him is a good idea, because I don't trust his judgment well enough to hand him kingmaker (Mastermaker?) abilities.

I need to reread you. Be right back.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

That was singularly unhelpful. Is there anything you feel particularly strongly about other than Foreigner being town and that you want a Master?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:32 pm

In post 231, Servant Rider wrote:That was singularly unhelpful. Is there anything you feel particularly strongly about other than Foreigner being town and that you want a Master?
Vengeance of course!
And maybe now that I have a lock town(I’m aware of the issue of reliability, but this can be managed if you want it enough, probably). Think of it as a hierarchy of needs with two goals at the bottom. Now that I have a lock town I can focus on other game stuff.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:39 pm

Regardless of opinions on me on my alignment or play.
I did say I don't want to be a master.

It's just bad for me on review.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

So, my Noble Phantasm ability is somewhat negative utility. But I'm guessing there are players with who I have some compatibility. When it's fully charged, I can use it during the day and anyone voting me at that time has one charge taken away. I get a list of their attributes but not who has what (unless I have a master, then I learn what each of them got). Knowing attributes has no relation to the rest of my role though, so as for why that's my Noble Phantasm I really don't know. As a side note, I was told votes against the town master won't be processed (when I asked Cabd about this, he said it'd count as an unvote at best).

I can also grant others their "with a master" upgrade, though I didn't think it'd be this common so I feel kind of betrayed. I was gonna crusade to be made the master in this phase, but learning it's not rare has left me feeling a bit dismayed. Knowing it's so common makes me not want it anymore. Plus being an innocent child is always such a bore. I'll probably just end up voting whoever I feel best about. I dunno, I guess I'll wait and see how this phase plays out.

One idea I was considering was a partial mass "with a master" claim. I think it might actually be somewhat of a boon in this game. People could co-ordinate the "with a master" upgrade and scum would be held accountable for any decisions they've made.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:58 pm

Hey moon cancer. Have you read the thread?
I see. I think that wouldn’t be a good idea!
We probably shouldn’t mention our noble phantasms either unless we’re at E-1 or it’s super relevant later game!

(Takes chill pill).
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count M-1

Avenger (2): Avenger, Lancer
Rider (1): Rider
Alter Ego (1): Saber
Assassin (1): Archer
Archer (1): Foreigner

Phase Page Count: 10/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-07 21:23:37)
Last edited by Cabd on Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:17 pm

The answer to your question is more or less no. I've skimmed bits and pieces but I'm currently on the go.

Servant Archer is probably scum though.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Servant Avenger wrote:And maybe now that I have a lock town(I’m aware of the issue of reliability, but this can be managed if you want it enough, probably). Think of it as a hierarchy of needs with two goals at the bottom. Now that I have a lock town I can focus on other game stuff.
I mean yes, it's nice having a contingency if we can't find an optimal choice. I'll get out of your way so you can focus on whatever non-vengeance related game stuff you're focusing on.
In post 234, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:One idea I was considering was a partial mass "with a master" claim. I think it might actually be somewhat of a boon in this game. People could co-ordinate the "with a master" upgrade and scum would be held accountable for any decisions they've made.
Hi! The idea has merit, but the problem I have with it is that we don't know what kind of wacky things scum might have and we inadvertently give them more power via information. We already know thanks to Foreigner (and now you also) that at minimum there's some attribute based stuff floating around and I don't see us getting enough of a benefit from mass-master upgrade claiming any further than we already have. Also, PLEASE don't claim anything else about your character.
Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Servant Archer is probably scum though.
I very much am interested to hear words pertaining to this subject.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:52 pm

Unless you thought attributes were a red herring, it's not like that's some unknown info I'm airing. I'm betting your true name and traits matter too though I'm currently unsure about how exactly they do.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:06 pm

In post 239, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Unless you thought attributes were a red herring, it's not like that's some unknown info I'm airing. I'm betting your true name and traits matter too though I'm currently unsure about how exactly they do.
I don’t know how to tell you moon cancer, but to me it’s like you’re asking where the bathroom is when you’re already on the toilet.
Let’s not? Please?

Tell me about archer.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 213, Servant Avenger wrote:Not reading specific sections of the game for vague reasons that could help you determine someone’s alignment is something push worthy in my eyes because it makes it easier to just say “I didn’t read that part” when someone asks how could you think they’re scum/town with those post. Especially when someone I think is town gets passed over for someone who is a null read to me with significantly fewer posts.
I mean I see where you're coming from, and I will probably end up revisiting it. However, all of your reasons for townreading Foreigner come from things that didn't happen during the interaction with Berserker so I'm not sure how valid it
really
is. Also, give me space to make my own reads. Last sentence felt a little like wk Foreigner to me.
I do find Assassin sorta townie, and Foreigner even said that they don't want to be the master.
In post 216, Servant Alter Ego wrote:How the hell do you have me as one of the towniest players?
I never know how to read posts like this...
In post 217, Servant Rider wrote:I at one point liked Lancer, but that's degraded a fair bit.
This could be town post. I tend to find unseen progressions townie in most instances. Lancer town ->Lancer not so town in this case.

I also noticed the thing about certain classes having less characters. I'm pretty sure the roles given are just the playable characters from that specific class, and yeah some classes only had a few characters. This is probably a problem, but I'm not sure how big.
In post 228, Servant Rider wrote:We're currently in a day phase to select someone for Mastership with a full 10 days on the clock.
7 days actually.
In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:seven days actually
Hm. Mindmelding with someone I don't even find particularly townie.
In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:I’d still strongly prefer being selected.

Am I to understand foreigner, that you’d be willing to vote for me if it came to it?
You're bold. Props.
In post 234, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:So, my Noble Phantasm ability is somewhat negative utility. But I'm guessing there are players with who I have some compatibility. When it's fully charged, I can use it during the day and anyone voting me at that time has one charge taken away. I get a list of their attributes but not who has what (unless I have a master, then I learn what each of them got). Knowing attributes has no relation to the rest of my role though, so as for why that's my Noble Phantasm I really don't know. As a side note, I was told votes against the town master won't be processed
How is this negative utility? I feel like it could be somewhat helpful. I'm not sure what you mean by votes against town master not being processed.
In post 237, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Servant Archer is probably scum though.
Well I'm not.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

Ok, so I first think that Avenger and Berserker aren't w/w. They both came out of the gate trying to get people to vote them, and that just doesn't seem like what I'd expect from mafia. I guess it's more of a gut feel than anything super describable, but yeah.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

I started reading it, but I can't anymore.
I probably will not end up revisiting it. Someone else can draw analysis from it. Not me.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

Hey guys it's me! Literally the only servant to have been given an avatar that is not gold.

After catching up to this point, I have just a couple thoughts. My master ability is kinda meh, so I don't really care if I get it.

I think we should stop claiming info about our roles because... and I can't express this enough... we don't know what the consequences are for that yet. Literally in the OP not to talk about yourself and we have people like foreigner fishing and moon just truth vomiting their role. I am not educated on the fate franchise but if it's in the source material to keep your identity a secret than I can't see it possibly having benefits to town to be outing that info. Foreigner claims he already knows my attribute. I believe him but I don't think it's anything remarkable that he knows that and I award him no town points for all the discussion about his role.

Going to throw some spaghetti on the wall reads here. Archer and Alter Ego are scum, maybe assassin is too. Lancer and Avenger for master.

VOTE: Avenger
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:50 pm

In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Archer and Alter Ego are scum
!

I am wondering if you were seeing what I saw or if these are just two separate reads and no more.

(I'm personally less certain about Alter Ego. They do have some weird interactions so far though.)
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

@Rider, what do you think of Lancer's ?

More generally to the thread at large:

re: Caster, I like that they picked up on a hint of fatalism wafting around post . The one thing that worries me about them was the townread of me given the relative sparseness of my content.

One thing I like about Avenger's posting is that they sort of picked up on a vibe that I was also getting from a few of Foreigner's early posts - like they'd been worked over and reworded. I don't automatically scumread that feel in posts, but given the pace of the thread when it was posted, it was possibly alignment indicative. However, on balance Foreigner's posts come off town to me although the quest for data and the assumption that a Cabd game can be flavor-solved at turns amuses and exasperates.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

I am indeed using Mastermaker to sort unknowns, yes. To be clear, I do have a bias toward unknowns on the townier side of things - hence the "posi-null lean" comment while vote-supporting Alter Ego - but I would prefer an unknown to someone I'm pretty sure will flip town, and there are already a number of those (Berserker, Foreigner, Assassin, Avenger). I considered all the ramifications of both outcomes and concluded that, even though the power role boost from a mafia Master is undesirable, having Day 1 be a 10/3 with a day's worth of interactions with a flipped mafia member to work with is not the worst thing in the world. As a player I feel more comfortable hunting in the day than trying to play the role game at night, so while a town Master would be preferable, I'm not super terrified of the prospect of a mafia Master because of the daytime info that would come with it.

In regards to the four players listed above, I could be reasonably swayed to support Assassin or Avenger for Master. I would rather not support Berserker or Foreigner until I feel more confident that whichever one of them wins would not end up laser-focused on the other once the time comes to vote people off the throne, though.

@Alter Ego (): If that happened, it would be nice! But no, I am voting for you because I got vaguely positive vibes from your earlier posts but nothing particularly solid overall. I think slots like that are the best option for Mastermaker. Caster is another such person and at present I'd be perfectly happy to vote for them as well.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 241, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 228, Servant Rider wrote:We're currently in a day phase to select someone for Mastership with a full 10 days on the clock.
7 days actually.
In post 229, Servant Avenger wrote:seven days actually
Hm. Mindmelding with someone I don't even find particularly townie.
You have a very, very low bar for "mindmelding."
In post 242, Servant Archer wrote:Ok, so I first think that Avenger and Berserker aren't w/w. They both came out of the gate trying to get people to vote them, and that just doesn't seem like what I'd expect from mafia. I guess it's more of a gut feel than anything super describable, but yeah.
That's pretty weak shit man.
In post 245, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Archer and Alter Ego are scum
!

I am wondering if you were seeing what I saw or if these are just two separate reads and no more.

(I'm personally less certain about Alter Ego. They do have some weird interactions so far though.)
Sure is going to be hard for Beast to confirm whether he saw what you saw or not if you don't post what that is. // Moon Cancer and Beast, you've both just expressed reads that are the complete opposite of mine. Could you elaborate please?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:06 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 247, Servant Saber wrote:I am indeed using Mastermaker to sort unknowns, yes. To be clear, I do have a bias toward unknowns on the townier side of things - hence the "posi-null lean" comment while vote-supporting Alter Ego - but I would prefer an unknown to someone I'm pretty sure will flip town
This is an awful position. Just elect the person who's going to get killed night 1 so they can't be killed night 1. This is the most obvious thing in the world, wake up.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”