Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 247, Servant Saber wrote:even though the power role boost from a mafia Master is undesirable, having Day 1 be a 10/3 with a day's worth of interactions with a flipped mafia member to work with is not the worst thing in the world.
It just seems so obvious that the setup is designed to make this power-up enough that electing a mafia member is a punishment, and likely a severe one.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

The next person to say a Foreigner True Name will dictate who I pretend I am for the remainder of this game.
I want to post threatening images but I don't want to imply it is or isn't my actual true name.

Saber is right though Assassin is town.

VOTE: Assassin
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

I think my role pm is the only thing that would make me play worse then my dream.

I really wanted to roll Rider, pick Iskandar then do what he did in Fate/Zero where he charges in and proclaims his True Name immediately then attempts to recruit people to be under his rule.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 248, Servant Caster wrote:That's pretty weak shit man.
Eh I still feel like there's some validity to it, but whatever. Not reading the rest of it anyways.
It should be obvious, but yeah vote town.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 248, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 245, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Archer and Alter Ego are scum
!

I am wondering if you were seeing what I saw or if these are just two separate reads and no more.

(I'm personally less certain about Alter Ego. They do have some weird interactions so far though.)
Sure is going to be hard for Beast to confirm whether he saw what you saw or not if you don't post what that is. // Moon Cancer and Beast, you've both just expressed reads that are the complete opposite of mine. Could you elaborate please?

I kind of don't want to discuss my scum reads now because of the way moon agreed with me without saying why, on the off chance they just want me to feed them a read.

On the mechanic of master choosing, I agree with Saber that the consequences of this day 0 probably isn't as bad as some are thinking, like Caster, but I have no intention of leaving anything up to Luck. Let's just vote town like we are supposed to and not deal with maybes.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

Also, for what it's worth, my least favorite people so far are Archer, Lancer, and Rider, since I feel like they have the worst signal-to-noise ratios so far.

@Caster: There are
far
too many unknowns to be able to pick an obvious Night 1 NK to vote for. I also figured the Master mechanics were designed so that the competing possible post-Master opening game states ("10/4 with an IC, two powerup targets selected by a known town, and a two-ejection Day 1" versus "10/3 with a flipped mafia and a powered-up mafia team") were roughly balanced, or at least not horribly imbalanced.

To be clear
, I would rather see a Town Master than a Mafia Master. This is why I'm voting for an unknown I lean slightly positive on. But I also don't think a Mafia Master is as cataclysmic for town as other people do, and going into a two-lynch day with an extra sorted slot is mighty tantalizing.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

Damnit, I posted the no-no word. Sorry everyone. I'll try to be more vigilant in the future.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Hey guys it's me! Literally the only servant to have been given an avatar that is not gold.

VOTE: Avenger
Thank you. I won’t betray your trust :] (unless you’re scum, in which case, sorry!)
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:I think we should stop claiming info about our roles because... and I can't express this enough... we don't know what the consequences are for that yet. Literally in the OP not to talk about yourself and we have people like foreigner fishing and moon just truth vomiting their role. I am not educated on the fate franchise but if it's in the source material to keep your identity a secret than I can't see it possibly having benefits to town to be outing that info. Foreigner claims he already knows my attribute. I believe him but I don't think it's anything remarkable that he knows that and I award him no town points for all the discussion about his role.
Praise be, someone with sense!
In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Going to throw some spaghetti on the wall reads here. Archer and Alter Ego are scum, maybe assassin is too. Lancer and Avenger for master.
Assassin? Curious what gives you off vibes about them. I'm actually curious for some elaboration on Alter Ego and Avenger too.
In post 245, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Archer and Alter Ego are scum
!

I am wondering if you were seeing what I saw or
if these are just two separate reads and no more.

(I'm personally less certain about Alter Ego. They do have some weird interactions so far though.)
Which of Alter's interactions bother you? And does the bolded mean you're seeing some associative tells?
In post 246, Servant Alter Ego wrote:@Rider, what do you think of Lancer's ?
It factored into the read degradation. It struck me as odd that they wouldn't just explain why they'd decided to vote Avenger. Even if it was some small reason they had to have SOME reason to swap votes. It got worse as they talked to Assassin.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 258, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Going to throw some spaghetti on the wall reads here. Archer and Alter Ego are scum, maybe assassin is too. Lancer and Avenger for master.
Assassin? Curious what gives you off vibes about them. I'm actually curious for some elaboration on Alter Ego and Avenger too.
I'm holding off on discussing my scum reads (see previous post). As for Avenger, their initial stopping of that mechanic claim at the beginning of the game was town to me. They stopped foreigner from fishing by asking them to carefully read their role and consider their actions, seemed town to me. They don't like archer, that's town to me. Best read I got for the moment. I'm willing to vote it.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 258, Servant Rider wrote:It factored into the read degradation. It struck me as odd that they wouldn't just explain why they'd decided to vote Avenger. Even if it was some small reason they had to have SOME reason to swap votes. It got worse as they talked to Assassin.
There's that. But, it also looked like one of those things that would be really easy to just let the townie have as scum as opposed to holding back. Reading back through the thread tonight, it made me wonder if my townread should have softened as much as it did later.

Do you want the master upgrade?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 258, Servant Rider wrote:Which of Alter's interactions bother you?
"They" was referring to Archer and Alter Ego. Just read interactions in double-ISO.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 244, Servant Beast wrote:Hey guys it's me! Literally the only servant to have been given an avatar that is not gold.

After catching up to this point, I have just a couple thoughts. My master ability is kinda meh, so I don't really care if I get it.

I think we should stop claiming info about our roles because... and I can't express this enough... we don't know what the consequences are for that yet. Literally in the OP not to talk about yourself and we have people like foreigner fishing and moon just truth vomiting their role. I am not educated on the fate franchise but if it's in the source material to keep your identity a secret than I can't see it possibly having benefits to town to be outing that info. Foreigner claims he already knows my attribute. I believe him but I don't think it's anything remarkable that he knows that and I award him no town points for all the discussion about his role.

Going to throw some spaghetti on the wall reads here. Archer and Alter Ego are scum, maybe assassin is too. Lancer and Avenger for master.

VOTE: Avenger
nice reads....not
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:55 pm

saber probtown even though their plan is goofy, seems like they really believe in it

not sure why anyone is townreading avenger, their iso is empty AF
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 254, Servant Beast wrote:I kind of don't want to discuss my scum reads now because of the way moon agreed with me without saying why, on the off chance they just want me to feed them a read.
Let's talk about your town reads then. I've got Lancer on a scumlean at the moment and Avenger... well, honestly, I've got no idea what to think about Avenger. I've read through his ISO three times now and damned if I can find anything that really strikes me one way or the other.

Pedit: Yeah, looks like about 10 posts happened while I was writing that last, sorry. I'm going to just respond to your latest here.
Servant Beast wrote:As for Avenger, their initial stopping of that mechanic claim at the beginning of the game was town to me. They stopped foreigner from fishing by asking them to carefully read their role and consider their actions, seemed town to me. They don't like archer, that's town to me. Best read I got for the moment. I'm willing to vote it.
What stopping mechanic claim at the beginning? I know Lancer made some efforts to shut it down, but from what I see in Avenger's ISO they didn't say anything until a later 1 on 1 with Foreigner.

Pedit2:
Servant Alter Ego wrote:There's that. But, it also looked like one of those things that would be really easy to just let the townie have as scum as opposed to holding back. Reading back through the thread tonight, it made me wonder if my townread should have softened as much as it did later.

Do you want the master upgrade?
You might be right. However there's a couple things in the interaction with Assassin that make me think "scum caught off guard" instead of "strange answer town" that happened in the posts following 128. And no, I'm not willing to elaborate right now, sorry. As for the master upgrade, I'm not interested as much as long as it goes to someone that'll make good decisions with their Mastermaking powers.
Servant Beast
Servant Beast
Goon
Servant Beast
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Servant Beast »

In post 24, Servant Avenger wrote:Yeah, except I have the same ability buddy.
@Rider, this is what I'm talking about. Lancer said to stop claiming, Avenger straight up said he had the same ability.

As for lancer, it's a weaker read but it's actually tied to their interactions with assassin (which is where I got that read). I liked how lancer came off in their responses and I didn't like Assassin's push. It's borderline gut for now I know, but it's day 0 so that's enough for me.

@moon please address why you agreed with my scum reads in the manner that you did.

@assassin you're just jealous I'm red.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:25 pm

In post 265, Servant Beast wrote:@assassin you're just jealous I'm red.
slip much?????
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:28 pm

In post 19, Servant Avenger wrote:Hey great,
The question now is, whether the mafia got that information too or if we just automatically get to win this first phase unless we really want to kill scum day 1 and have 3 super powered mafia instead.

1. When I got my role pm I noted that information was there, thought about whether it was a loophole. Whether other players had it. Whether scum have that information or not. But berserker did not think that before he went off charging to let everyone know he was best pick because he gets to give two, TWO powers to others, that’s three times as good if they’re town too!

2. But I was sad because I wanted to be all subtle and poke and prod at whether other people knew and figure out if scum didn’t so I could use that to out one or two or if they would respond in an AI way to it.
Instead I grumped at berserker because he went off and outted it right away. Curb your enthusiasm Minotaur! I said. And so he was soothed when two became three then four.
Also, I was curious if it was a Weird scenario and whether there were three folk with 1 being scum or what not.

3. When I said, “ hey great now we can just know whether we automatically get to win this day phase” I was referencing that if scum didn’t get it then it would be pretty obvious and we could simply steam roll day 1 because of text shenanigans. Which comes up in later posts.

I’m just reading other people’s stuff Rn.

Pedit: gottem’
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:33 pm

In post 261, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 258, Servant Rider wrote:Which of Alter's interactions bother you?
"They" was referring to Archer and Alter Ego. Just read interactions in double-ISO.
I think I see what caught your attention in at least the first few posts, but I'm not sure why you think 2 scum would interact that way.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:49 pm

In post 267, Servant Avenger wrote:When I got my role pm I noted that information was there, thought about whether it was a loophole. Whether other players had it. Whether scum have that information or not. But berserker did not think that
Uh... to be fair, at first I thought it was unique so this doesn't seem like a good critique. Why would anyone default assume their Noble Phantasm was shared? Not thinking that makes more sense until it was declared.

(I say this as someone who realised I wasn't alone in pregame, but my reasons for reaching that conclusion are not the same.)
In post 268, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I think I see what caught your attention in at least the first few posts, but I'm not sure why you think 2 scum would interact that way.
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Why wouldn't two scum interact in that way?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:59 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Can you guys just stop insisting on unnecessary cageyness, knowing what the hell you're talking about has more value to townies trying to read you than scum knowing about whatever your extremely great secret read is.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:03 pm

1. I’m not criticizing berserker. I enjoy large theme games and when I know the material and read the rules there are a lot of hints. Flavor reasons, etc for why a lone avenger would never share an ability with others unless it were part of a
broader framework

Pedit: I’m not really insisting on it. I’m just trying to think about how to leverage what I know to advance my win condition. It’s my way of having fun. If you directly ask me for a read I’ll gladly share. But I’m just reading people’s posts and taking my own opinions then writing some of those thoughts in my note PT. Before coming in here and saying whatever’s on my mind.

You may notice a pattern of what happens when you don’t do that.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:11 pm

In post 269, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Why wouldn't two scum interact in that way?
It would be an incredible, cringey gaffe. If I were scum, it would be awkward as fuck to see parallelisms like that show up page 1 of the game thread, and I think scum-me would have maintained distance after that.

It didn't register at all, though. I was still trying to sort out and attach personalities to avatars, and I certainly didn't avoid interacting with Archer afterwards.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:23 pm

Oh, I don't really care about what happened page one, I'm looking at other things that you two have done.

It's more looking at how Archer is talking with you. Though I feel much worse about him when it comes to you two.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:00 pm

I don't know what I've done from your perspective, or if it's worth exploring further. I'll leave it for now and see where things go.

Caster, what are your thoughts on Avenger's ?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”