Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:48 am

Post by Ether »

Checking in. I don't find anyone scummy yet.

(Bah. I wanted to get the first post here.)
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Ether »

I'm somewhat surprised Elias hasn't gotten here yet; he's Shea's brother, so I'd, like, expect him to realize the thread's open. I'll format MBL's comment about Sarcastro into a question: what makes a four-person wagon so much more alluring than a three-person wagon?
Post 16, Patrick wrote:Has this ever deterred you from placing an initial vote in the past?
No.

However, I'm now ready to
vote: elvis_knits
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 20, MBL wrote:Ether, why e_k?
Stifling discussion. She picked on the most boring, dismissable part of your analysis--the first semblance of content in the game--and dismissed it.

That seems duller now that I've gone and typed it out. Why'd you make a big analysis without a single question mark, only to ask for clarification on my vote? Did my answer really surprise you?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Ether »

Post 26, Elvis wrote:Maybe it was a bit stifling to discussion, which I agree sucks. But MBL was asking Patrick for his voting motivations on a vote he made in the first post of the game. It doesn't seem like a big explanation is really possible there.
Yeah, but...that wasn't the entirety of his post. The idea is to find the part you
are
interested in and comment on that. And quoting the entire post and calling it all a waste of time would at least be taking a stronger stance, which could itself promote discussion.

What did you think of the rest of his post?

I'll
unvote; vote: Bluesoul
for, like, the exact opposite of what MBL said--apparently, he assumes that MBL has scumbuddies. Huh.

MBL still needs to answer my questions.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #39 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Ether »

I don't see how a page 2 post without any reasons, starting with the letters "OMG" and failing to actually name any scumbuddies, would put scum on the alert. I don't like the way you've stressed the damage of that post, considering you've never shown any interest in MBL's alignment.

What is MBL's alignment?

(Even if DGB's post did provide a warning, I don't see how that was scummy on her part, as your "maybe this is how she acts" disclaimer implies you think. But I don't find this specifically to be scummy; it's comparable to the -2 discussions that pop up in newbie games.)
Post 38, MBL wrote:And no, your vote didn't exactly surprise me but I was curious as to why e_k out of the four MBL wagoners. Sarc looked sketchier to me at the time.
I'm going to assume from the fact that you didn't press me further that my response, which didn't mention Sarc at all, was acceptable. What do you mean by "at the time?"
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Ether »

Sarc was still voting MBL, who he'd implied OGML was scum
with
. (Also, his post felt tongue-in-cheek.) DGB, too, outright said that she thought MBL was scum and she just didn't want to vote him yet. Bluesoul's remark was inconsistent with his view of MBL.

I don't see how they're comparable at all.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 52, Bluesoul wrote:I've read bluesoul's Post 28 a few times and have come to the conclusion that I don't mind it. I think it's clear his use of the word "three" was referencing the non-posters and not a likely number of mafia, and the assumption that MBL has scumbuddies did only strike me as within the context of DGB's assumption in the last post.
Meh. Combined with the disclaimer at the end of 36, it feels like an opportunistic way to attack DGB for doing what he himself evidently didn't believe to be damage. (No, this wasn't my original angle. Something bothers me about that post, dammit.)

Bluesoul, what's your view of DGB?

On contemplation, I'd rather hear this from OGML than from PJ:
Post 46, Ether wrote:I don't see how they're comparable at all.
Explain to me how they're comparable.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 60, Patrick wrote:I don't understand what you mean by "for what he himself evidently didn't believe to be damage". Didn't he spend a few posts explaining why he did think her post had done some damage?
Yes, but even that logic should only jump out if MBL were scum.
Post 58, PJ wrote:4.) Now for the question(s) reserved for Ether:

--> a. Did you actually think E_K's post was going to result in any "discussion stifling"?
--> b. Separately: Do you think E_K intended for her post to stifle discussion?

I'm basically wanting to know if you think E_K's post was legitimately scummy, "bad form", or something else.
a.) No.
b.) Not really; I think this was another failure to articulate myself properly.
(...ugh.)
The second sentence was more what I meant. I do think she could have contributed something and didn't...but she'd have to expect something would inevitably happen with or without her help.

In more recent news,
unvote; vote: elvis_knits
for her non-sequitur stupid question in 68, which she'd already previously attacked as a stupid question in 15, and is directed toward the person who'd foreshadowed suspicion on her since her last post. Not much else she's done, either. We should kill her.

I repeat my question to OGML from 56.

Sarc: top three, and a person you think is town.

Same question to DGB. Actually, she should probably answer first.

Chamber, I'll confirm that Patrick normally talks like that, and has felt all right since he started posting. And his Elvote is in excellent taste. He's probably town.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #113 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Ether »

I have nothing against Elvis's posts 90-93, but I still think her contradiction is a despicable evil abhorrent indicator of her guilt, so, yeah. Why hasn't anyone but Patrick ever so much as commented on this?
Ether's explanation from back in post 46 wrote:Sarc was still voting MBL, who he'd implied OGML was scum
with
. (Also, his post felt tongue-in-cheek.) DGB, too, outright said that she thought MBL was scum and she just didn't want to vote him yet. Bluesoul's remark was inconsistent with his view of MBL.

I don't see how they're comparable at all.
I found your sheeping on PJ's question scummier than his question, but the thought of PJscum still intimidates me. I considered this dilemma and decided it would nonetheless be more productive to ask you.

Now please answer me, OhGodMyLife.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Post by Ether »

Ether's token apology header:
I just got back from a visit to my future college, which covers my absense over Wednesday and Thursday (but not Monday and Tuesday; I was just lazy then). I'm leaving on vacation on Saturday; I'll be back on the 26th. The deadline is at some point during or after the 29th; I'd really recommend lynching as quickly after it hits as possible, which won't give me personally much time left to contribute, no. I will also have limited (but I don't know
how
limited) access again from August 7-20thish. Um, sorry about all this.

I still don't like Elvis and OGML. (To answer Elvis's 114: yes, I read it and I don't find "MBL kept saying it" an adequate reason to care in that context, let alone pick it out.)

I see where Patrick and MBL are coming from on PJ, and at the same time have a feeling I won't like OGML's reasons. I mean, even aside from the part where I feature in. Go on.

Sarc and Patrick, please advise me on Elvis and OGML, respectively.
Post 178, PJ wrote:
1.)
OGML, concerning your Post 160, when you made your "Sarc-BlueSoul connection" post did you consider Masons at that time, or was your opinion on that spurred by MBL's question after-the-fact?
Why are you asking this? Also, now that OGML's given a reason that I don't like--was the context of my Bluesoulvote that hard to follow?

DGB, what are your thoughts on Bluesoul, and MBL's interactions with him?

I originally liked Bluesoul/MBL as a pairing, but got bored with it as they kept fighting. I might or might not see where IH is coming from (wherever he's coming from); I want to read with more focus. Meh. Off the top of my head, I'd vote Bluesoul over MBL independently.

In general, I don't feel great about my reads at this point. I'll
unvote
, and I might or might not replace the vote after a good night's rest--that whole "I'll be gone for a week" deal makes it feel less important. I'll be active later today, at least.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #275 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 am

Post by Ether »

Unofficial votecount (top of the page, bitches) wrote:5 DrippingGoofball (petroleumjelly, bluesoul, Sarcastro, Patrick, elvis_knits)
1 bluesoul (DrippingGoofball)
1 Elias_the_thief (MrBuddyLee)
1 elvis_knits (chamber)
1 Sarcastro (OhGodMyLife)

3 Unvote (Elias_the_thief, Ether, IH)

12 alive; 7 to lynch.

Deadline starts doing weird stuff on Tuesday, July 29th at some time (Eastern).
Patrick asked me something about my questions to OGML a week ago. With PJ it was less a matter of scumminess than a matter of woah-PJ-did-something-weird-I-can't-just-not-ask, but with OGML, it felt opportunistic and his responses implied that he wasn't actually trying to read and check up on me. (And his inactivity last week obviously doesn't help; it's not like he hasn't been posting elsewhere. I continue to dislike him and Elvis, whom Sarc should
still
comment on.)
Bluesoul/Sarc argument thing, Page 8ish wrote:DGB: Bluesoul's 30% spat with MBL couldn't possibly be real. Contrived and planned.
Bluesoul: So you're saying we decided to 30% ourselves pregame?
Sarc: There was talking pregame?
(Later explained in 224 as a speculation tangent. Below point still stands.)
I, uh, totally see what DGB was getting at on that one. (Having said that--I was thinking MBLtown at that point between his PJhate and me sheeping on people, and think it more strongly now between his doing stuff and me sheeping on people.) Bluesoul's defense was a strawman that didn't get at the spirit of her words at all, and Sarc's question only tossed that further off-course.
Post 221, Elvis wrote:But to be fair, Ether forced that by asking the loaded question of "DGB, what are your thoughts on Bluesoul, and MBL's interactions with him?" So I think Ether is guilty of drawing connections too, and perhaps in a more underhanded way, because she's prompting people to re-affirm any mentions of connection.
DGB questioned MBL about FoSing Bluesoul--the person she was voting for--which is why I wanted the clarification.

I mentioned DGB in passing twice up there, and am aware that she is the leading wagon. Eh.
She should claim,
I guess, but this is one of those things I wouldn't join outside of a deadline but can't be bothered to fight. Deadline in mind, assuming the votecount stays like this, I'll hop on around...let's say late Thursday, which would be about 60-72 hours after the deadline kicks in.

Speaking of which, what are people's thoughts on the deadline versus hypothetically having to hold out for posts from IH and OGML? (I'm assuming getting Elias on weekdays is a lost cause anyway. Do we know how long he's at summer camp?) I'm waffling between thinking, "Ooh, activity-based" and worrying that it couldn't possibly be more than a week.
Post 236, MBL wrote:I agree with Patrick's suspicions somewhat. I was expecting to get a much cleaner read off him, but he seems a bit on his heels and possibly a tad nervous. I wouldn't lynch him today. I think he will be a rich reservoir of alignment info in the days to come.
Post 239, DGB wrote:MBL, while reading your case on Patrick, I was exclaiming, in my head, "brilliant!" "OMG!" "I could never catch so many tells in a million years! What a stellar string!"
Post 249, PJ wrote:Patrick, are you scum?
Post 253, Elvis wrote:
[...]

Explain.
He's town.

Silly MBL and DGB and PJ and elvis_knits.

top of the page, bitches, official votecount.

Bluesoul: 1
(DGB)

DGB: 5
(PJ, Bluesoul, sarc, patrick, elvis_knits)

Elvis_Knits 1
(chamber)

sarc: 1
(OGML)

Elias: 1
(MBL)

not voting: 2
(Elias, IH)

People no one cares about who are still not voting: 1
(ether)

In addition I have a couple points of clarification on the deadline rule.

1) The initial three weeks is not a deadline, but rather a limit on when the mod can impose a deadline.

2) You will not know THAT a deadline has been imposed, in addition to the not knowing when which the rule actually states. I thought this was apparent from the spirit of the rule, but I guess not.

3) The deadline is not based on mod whimsy, there is a specific activity formula in the rules which will trigger a deadline.

Thanks,
Shea.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #277 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Ether »

Meh.

I'm not trying to protect her, and I'm obviously not gonna look for credit if she's scum. DGB's reputation scares me.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #304 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Post by Ether »

So, um, DGB's appeals to emotion
do
make me nervous. (I still want a claim, obviously, but that part's not really an update.) I misunderstood the deadline rules and retract my offer to vote her on Thursday specifically.
Post 299, MBL wrote:I'm voting Elias because I refuse to let this day end while we have no alignment info on him(his soon-to-be replacement actually) or IH.
What about OGML? (I consider Elias the highest tier of lurking; followed by both IH and OGML together--but both of them can help themselves on weekdays.)
Post 194, PJ wrote:
2.)
DrippingGoofball. So far I have found her "suspicions" even less credible than usual.
Hmm. What sort of meta do you have on DGB?

I don't think PJ's response is out of character. I'm still annoyed by all the middle ground, though. Understanding that they aren't at extremes for you, could you order {elvis_knits, IH, OhGodMyLife, Sarcastro} and maybe give comments?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #309 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:34 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 305, MBL wrote:Seriously, guys, Elias hasn't posted for 11 days, and isn't being replaced. This clearly means lurking is his win strategy and that's why he's not being replaced. If he's town, he's disgracing this invitational with his behavior and he should bow out.
Meh.
Post 305, MBL wrote:IH and OGML have expressed remorse recently for their slackness and both expressed intent to post. We can judge their sincerity at that time.
OGML's post was half a week ago, promising content for Sunday, and he doesn't have IH's horrible track record. Again, what caused you to forget him in 299?
Post 308, PJ wrote:
Post 304, Ether wrote:I don't think PJ's response is out of character. I'm still annoyed by all the middle ground, though. Understanding that they aren't at extremes for you, could you order {elvis_knits, IH, OhGodMyLife, Sarcastro} and maybe give comments?
First off, I’d like to know what’s “wrong” with saying I find EK “middle of the road”. I want an answer from both MBL and Ether on this, since both of you claim to dislike it.
I said
all
the middle ground, and I'm pretty sure that the paragraph you quoted indicates this. I'm not wild about your stance on Elvis, no--I do find her scummy--but it's not something I'd push far on its own, and it's not like you're alone there.

Why are you saying "'wrong'" in quotations? Neither MBL nor I have ever used that specific word to refer to your stances.
Post 304, Ether wrote:Understanding that they aren't at extremes for you,
Post 308, PJ wrote:Since you claim not to like “middle of the road” analysis, you can probably expect to be disappointed with this post.
Uh.

And again--what is your experience with DGB? What do you expect from her as town?

She still needs to claim.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #313 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Ether »

vote: DrippingGoofball

Limited access over Yosarian's Parents' BeachBam, though I'm bringing my laptop and there's supposedly an Internet connection.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 310, PJ wrote:I'm not swayed by her "lynch me and find out" posts; I think that's a consistent thing in her play regardless of alignment (although I can't think of a game where I played with her where she was scum, I know she pulled that same thing in at least Thespival).
Actually, I haven't seen that in games with her as scum. With no regards to ongoing games, and not counting games in which I have no memory how she behaved (Restrictions 3, Lights Out 2), I don't have any games with her as town to compare.

Meh.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #327 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by Ether »

My votecounts are better wrote:5 DrippingGoofball (petroleumjelly, bluesoul, Sarcastro, elvis_knits, Ether)
1 MrBuddyLee (DrippingGoofball)
1 Elias_the_thief (MrBuddyLee)
1 elvis_knits (chamber)

3 Unvote (Elias_the_thief, IH, Patrick)

12 alive; 7 to lynch.
I've looked over Thespival. DGB's wagon is giving me a bad feeling--I don't think her failure to claim could possibly be optimal, but I could see her doing it as town in at least one role. If she's a supersaint, she should stop playing jester and claim; those are stronger later. Please confirm or deny that?

I don't expect any of the high lurkers to come back any time soon, and stalling for them isn't gonna turn out well. If DGB outright claims supersaint, I would rather no-lynch (or, if we can pull ourselves together, lynch someone else) than kill her. If not, eh, I guess I'll stay here; I don't see any interpretations of her 316 gambit except "supersaint" and "bullshit." Even if DGB refuses to comment, I want Elvis to be the hammer anyway.

But whatever we do, please let's do it quickly.

MBL still hasn't answered my question about OGML.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #371 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Ether »

Sigh. wrote:5 DrippingGoofball (petroleumjelly, bluesoul, Sarcastro, Ether, Patrick)
2 elvis_knits (chamber, MrBuddyLee)
1 MrBuddyLee (DrippingGoofball)
1 Patrick (elvis_knits)

2 Unvote (Elias_the_thief, IH)

12 alive; 7 to lynch.
Post 352, Elvis wrote:
Post 344, MBL wrote:95% certainty Ether and e_k aren't partners--don't think she'd seek approval from a scumpartner
95% certainty e_k and PJ aren't partners--don't think she'd draw so much attention to her displeasure being connected to a scumpartner
85% certainty e_k and chamber aren't partners--gut.
You haven't calculated the possibilty that I am an SK.
...uh.
Post 358, MBL wrote:unless she's scum and then I'll look like a dirty rotten scoundrel tomorrow.
I'd actually be more paranoid of you if DGB dies as town--though even then I'd rather start on Elvis.
Post 330, Patrick wrote:Ether: Did you get anything from Thespival about DGB, or was that covered by "DGB's wagon is giving me a bad feeling"?
Post 364, MBL wrote:Ether, you say that DGB's wagon gives you a bad feeling. But you're still voting for her--that smells not so fresh.
DGB had a "go on, lynch me, bitches" thing going on in Thespival (she was a vanilla townie and didn't do a "you'll understand when you see my role"), which made me feel somewhat better about her appeals here--though I still think they boil down to "you'll understand when you see my role." PJ never actually invoked her scumhunting in that game as a reason to switch over, though he could have still been thinking about it; still, it bothers me. I don't like Elvis. I'm not really wild about Sarc's switch, though I've seen him coast like this as town.
Post 364, MBL wrote:Do you really think we're at the emergency "must lynch now" point?
Yes. (I'm aware that I'm not posting consistently with this impression, and agree that Patrick's observation in 361 is completely valid.) I'm not arguing that the lynch need necessarily be DGB, but with her lurking and refusing to claim, that's what I favor right now.
Post 364, MBL wrote:And would you rather lynch a townie than no-lynch? Cause I rarely would.
I could totally see DGB making the statement in 316 as a supersaint, and as I've said, I wouldn't want to lynch her if she claimed that (if she's scum, there's still no harm waiting on a supersaint claim). But that's the only town explanation I
do
see. It could be a gambit as scum, and I don't like the way she hasn't posted since my statement.

My good sir Pablito, I must assure you that I am
always
serious. I am (fine, nowadays, at least) serious on page 1, and I was serious when I brought up the supersaint hypothesis. I don't understand your own thoughts on this matter at all, actually.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #384 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Ether »

Free wireless in my hotel room (at least through the ninth). In your face, Patrick.
Post 371, Pablito wrote:Ether, that's like shaving a goat's udder after it can no longer withstand the hail. I haven't said you have been not serious at all either. Furthermore, I don't remember saying anything about Ether's seriosity when discussing bringing up the supersaint.
I was referring to your page 1 I'm-being-more-serious-than-usual comment (my original post had a reference to the nicknames I gave out in Lights Out 2, but it was sort of tacky). You questioned my belief in my interpretation of DGB's statement here:
Post 367, Pablito wrote:I highly doubt that DGB is even suggesting supersaint and I'm not sure Ether was either,
I don't think scum are more likely on average to hammer than town are, but I'm not so sure that's DGB's belief. People voting on or at least sharing unofficial opinions about a hammer is better than one arbitrarily popping up, especially under deadline fear. I've stated and restated my position here.
Post 376, MBL wrote:Since scum are the only people who would know whether or not the claim is true, they'd be the only people to know they should avoid hammering her. So once a supersaint claims, they're going to get nightkilled before scum would ever be forced to hammer them to end a day.

So why would you encourage DGB to claim supersaint, Ether?
Because lynching someone else and letting her draw a nightkill as supersaint would be better than lynching her as supersaint today?
Post 383, Bluesoul wrote:Also, the sentence "if she's scum, there's still no harm waiting on a supersaint claim" in 371 just slays me. I don't understand it, I find it unbelievably obtuse to essentially offer the scum a safe claim. Why do you want DGBscum to claim SS if she's not?
Supersaint is a dead end claim. I have seen it used as a fakeclaim, yes, and I can see the psychology behind that, but in practice it's only a way to stall. It's a bonus lynch in three-player endgame, or possibly before that, depending on parity. It wouldn't even score a counterclaim the scum would be interested in.

Tell me about your IRC experience, Bluesoul. Wouldn't an explicit supersaint claim be even
worse
for scum in those smaller chat games than in a 12-player mini?

Incidentally, what's your opinion of Elvis?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #386 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Ether »

Post 384, Ether wrote:I don't think scum are more likely on average to hammer than town are, but I'm not so sure that's DGB's belief. People voting on or at least sharing unofficial opinions about a hammer is better than one arbitrarily popping up, especially under deadline fear. I've stated and restated my position here.
Clearly, I disagree with your assessment.

What do you think would have happened instead if I hadn't said anything?
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #404 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Ether »

DGB, what kept you and what are your thoughts on the supersaint discussion?

Having said that,
. (Not influenced by DGB's analysis, but I'd prefer an Elvislynch anyway and their wagons are closer now.) I'd still feel more comfortable if DGB claimed, though I'm bored enough to shut up about it for a while if we're lynching someone else, especially if Elvis comes up scum. MBL, what were your Elvis/DGB thoughts based on?

I don't actually get Pablito's attacks on me.

I'd offer to defend myself from them anyway if he'd like, but I'm being ordered to sleep right now. The next hotel apparently charges for Internet, so I'm on limited access from here on out.
Votecount wrote:4 elvis_knits (MrBuddyLee, DrippingGoofball, Patrick, Ether)
2 DrippingGoofball (bluesoul, Sarcastro)
1 Patrick (elvis_knits)

4 Unvote (chamber, Elias_the_thief, IH, Pablito)

12 alive; 7 to lynch.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #500 (isolation #21) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Ether »

I'm behind, I was behind before I moved into college, my access will rely on hijacking other computers until Mondayish and I can't catch up in this sitting because I procrastinated on this game specifically until a few minutes ago, and now need to be somewhere. This post is a useless acknowledgement; I do not intend to regress to my 2006 self.

Keep going.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #502 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Ether »

Post 500, Ether wrote:my access will rely on hijacking other computers until Mondayish
Scratch this one, though I only have about half an hour right now and am unlikely to actually get a post in.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #568 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Ether »

The primary purpose of this post is to get it out of the way so I can quash my goddamn synchronizing instinct and get a foothold I can keep this time.
Post 409, Patrick wrote:
Ether a few days ago wrote: I'm not arguing that the lynch need necessarily be DGB, but with her lurking and refusing to claim, that's what I favor right now.
Ether today wrote:Having said that,
. (Not influenced by DGB's analysis, but I'd prefer an Elvislynch anyway and their wagons are closer now.)
What changed your mind, if not DGB posting analysis?
The fact that she started posting again did influence me--not the case against Elvis. My original sentiment was also exaggerated (heh) because I had just gone through numerous justifications of the supersaint hypothesis and wanted to point out that I still found her scummy.

Past the initial Elvisvote, I'm not impressed by DGB's "could be scum with Elvis, could be scum with Elvis" analyses. Elvis attacked the pairing lifestyle, but doesn't focus on DGB's activities specifically: the broadness of the crusade bugs me. The game it really reminds me of was on a site which has since been flushed, where IHscum got really pissed off at something irrelevant once he got into trouble. I think Pablito also did something similar in Lights Out 2.

I don't actually find Elvis's refusal to claim scummy; I'd even go so far to say that DGB's avoidance was worse.

Actually, now I'm sorta wavering again. Elvis, post a List.
Post 444, MBL wrote:The schtick is old. Or you're really lazy scum. Fortunately for you there are plenty of lazy players to conceal yourself amongst. (IH, OGML, Ether, elias).
Prior to my recent stunt--and this post wasn't that deep into that--I would have protested this.
Post 480, Elias wrote:As it stands, I have a fairly solid understanding up until page 10.
How far had you skimmed into the rest of this game?
Post 495, MBL wrote:Ether's approach to the DGB wagon was tres sketchy. I suggest she be stripped of her pro-town points and forced to start fresh.
Pfft.

Same sort of thing from Bird's analysis. I fail to see how my supersaint hypothesis is scummy. (I actually do see where the CaffGoof sentiments are coming from, but the supersaint bit is something different, correct?)

What's wrong with my 34?
Post 555, Bird wrote:bluesoul: The whole assuming that the 30% came from inside information is the only thing scummy I really see from him. Liking the fact that he brought up the deadline issue. Don't like the fact that he chose to ignore chamber's vote just because chamber refused to elaborate. Find him scummy.

[...]

Current top 5 list:
DBG
bluesoul
Elaborate on your view of Bluesoul.

I don't like Bird's summaries, but I do like the fact that he posted a List at all.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #609 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Ether »

Elvis's will to live without a claim looked good to me up until she started lurking and then moved onto MBL over DGB--I don't like or understand that. Meh. DGB's play doesn't remind me of her play in Normal 70 or PYP3 (mafia in both), though I guess the meta on her can't possibly be that easy. I'm still uncomfortable with the way she softclaimed and then used the Elviswagon to toss that aside. I really just wish someone would die already (skate to Day 2, yeah).
Post 571, Bird (tags fixed) wrote:It looks to me like you used DBG's actions (IE her trying to get herself lynched) and were trying to use them to convince the town to look elsewhere or at least make people reluctant to hammer.
Ether wrote:What's wrong with my 34?
I didn't see how you could plausibly interpret bluesoul's post as saying that"

[...]

What are you looking for me to elaborate on?

[...]

What didn't you like about them?
Oh. Well that's fair.

How did you interpret Bluesoul's post?

Why did you reference "the only thing scummy [you] really see from him" of Bluesoul and then put him second highest on your List?

I don't get your stance on Bluesoul; I don't like your reference to my 34. I don't like the posts you use to vote DGB, though at the same time it doesn't really make sense as something sinister because you disregarded some of the points that you actually
could
use as an easy excuse. But those feel nitpicky. In contrast, your stream of consciousness above that yells at MBL a few times but your summary never does really cover him. Why?
Post 598, MBL wrote:* Ether isn't moving the game forward but wants to appear involved
It should be fairly obvious that I am not even faking that.

I'm aware of your questions and would love to be thinking that much.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #656 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Ether »

I don't think Elias is scum. Dunno. I don't have a formal meta, but I'm WIFOMing his track record; I kind of think he'd have been less sloppy with his DGBvote and gotten interested faster as scum.

I don't like Elvis's recent votehops: she picked up some flak for her MBLvote, then stayed quiet for four days and switched to CDB without another word on MBL. (She says there's a parallel to this in CDB's falling behind, but her spat with him doesn't seem worth lurking as scum--plus he later unvotes, so it doesn't work as a sinister way to keep a vote on her anyway. I'm not interested in any part of her case.) Having said that, I'd sort of expect her to be pushing a DGBlynch over a brand new wagon--I don't get why she's abandoned her DGBhate, regardless of alignment. Elvis, what
is
your opinion of DGB?

My own opinion of DGB keeps oscillating between "shit why am I voting Elvis" and "oh that meta thing."

I asked Bird some questions in my 609.
Elias: 4 (Bluesoul, pablito, DGB, MBL)
Elvis_Knits: 3 (chamber, Patrick, Ether)
DGB: 2 (Bird1111, Elias)
CDB: 1 (Elvis)
not voting: 2 (HackerHuck, CDB)
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #662 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Ether »

Post 659, Elvis wrote:I've hardly voted for that many people this entire game, so calling my vote change "vote hops" is misleading and manipulative. I think I've been voting MBL, Patrick, and DGB this whole game. I'm trying not to have tunnel-vision though and trying to expand my focus.
Okay, then. I don't like the way you voted MBL out of nowhere with one of your reasons being his deflecting the DGBwagon, then ignored the flak you picked up on it and hopped to CDB without commenting on MBL again. That is exactly what I already said. (I do think "vote hops" is an accurate term, but I'm perfectly willing to use wordy definitions instead.)

What do you think about my defense of CDB?

I don't like your explanation for why deflecting a DGBtown lynch would be something scum would be more likely to do. Not at all. Not sure I believe the probing new people excuse, but it's not the sort of sentiment I'll attack.
Post 659, Elvis wrote:Did you mean a meta on me or on DGB?
Post 609, Ether wrote:DGB's play doesn't remind me of her play in Normal 70 or PYP3 (mafia in both), though I guess the meta on her can't possibly be that easy.
MBL, what is your opinion of Elvis's recent behavior and lack of commentary on you? You are not making me feel like a part of this game. ._.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”