maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:52 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

i've been trying to think of something meaningful to contribute before actually saying anything because of the limit post... but i was prodded so i must talk.

i'm not entirely sure about nowajdodge. the random pop-in to say "hi i vote green cow"? what was that? i suppose it could be a random slip up of not reading the rules, but i kinda feel like it was a slip up of poor communication, as in the hydras talked but did not clear up everything of their vote.

killa seven, i think that was a slip up. based on what he said, he seemed very "normal" mafia lynching. the reason he hasn't responded with he reasons could be his making up for the short post. so i don't think we should jump on killa seven just yet.

green cow makes a good point- hydras = more posts as more of the heads try to surface with opinions.

so... as for now...

vote: nowajdodge
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by maxwellhouse »

first off, i came to post only because i was prodded and don't want to be eliminated because of that. second, i voted because i didn't want to waste a post by not voting, and i thought voting would make NAJD respond and defend themselves. i guess that was some faulty decision-making on my part, sorry about that.

honestly, i am a bit baffled at who to vote for. but now that i'm reading stuff, i am hesitant to go through with the voting. maybe i am easily swayed but...

unvote

though now that i am reviewing, the icemuffin seems to be contributing not so much besides the writing down the ideas in a word document. both people seem to be filling up more posts than necessary. the first post did not really have much "meat" to it and the second two... couldn't you have asked the question AND had the analysis in the same post? it would take up less posts.

vote: icemuffin
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:31 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

actually, i am not scum at all. you guys can lynch me all you want... you'll just be sorry about it afterward because i am 100% innocent.

i would NOT have posted if i had not been prodded, because i really don't think i have anything to contribute. however, i don't want to be modkilled because of that, so i posted what i saw. would you rather i have said "hi, i'm here to post because i was prodded." and end it there? i will do that next time if you would like.

granted, i'm not contributing much except being a townie.
distancing himself from the wagon and yet he still votes us. if you feel as if it was poor communication then why vote us?
i voted for you because i thought one of you could have came up with an idea of who to vote for and instead of further communicating, one of you voted. again, i probably shouldn't have said that because now i look "guilty" but would you rather i just say i was posting just so i wouldn't be modkilled?
what possible difference was there between the two posts that made you decide his was definitely a slip up? you defend him by saying that he hasn't responded yet because he is planning to make a big post. first of all, that is assuming a lot, because how could you know what he is planning on doing? also, TrojH as NAJ posted a contentful post that cleared things up after the original first post by NAJ. by your logic, we should not jump on NAJ yet.
the difference i saw was that whoever posted in yours said nothing but "hi vote: so and so" and the other person was like "hahaha i vote randomly for this person because of this". the first seemed more like a serious vote, the second seemed more of a normal mafia vote (randomly voting and giving a funny/stupid reason for it). the first didn't have that, so i thought maybe it might have been poor communication.
didn't you already see our second and third post?
ok, for one thing, the third post came AFTER my post. so no, i didn't see your third post. yes, i did see the second post and i wanted to know more of what you guys would have to say. i'm sorry i couldn't read the future.
why are you so suddenly unvoting now? what has changed your mind about NAJ? would you have unvoted if people hadn't pointed out that you were being hypocritical in your vote?
duh, i read your third post and every post in between, all of the people saying how we should get off the NAJD bandwagon. so i did. did you want me to stay on that vote? would that make me less scum?
at this point in the game, this is pretty much a crap reason for a vote on icemuffin. we gained tons of information due to that quick bandwagon on NAJ. i think you were just placing a blatant bandwagon vote for crap reasons, you got caught, and now you are trying to pull back your vote and keep the spotlight off for a while
no, not at all. i read deeper into icemuffin's posts and i saw that they were posting more "fluff" than anything. why would i vote for someone randomly to take the spotlight off of me? that's completely stupid, as NO one else has voted for him so far. that would put MORE spotlight on me, not less. which is shown now as everyone is like "maxwell is guilty because she voted for someone randomly kill herrrrr". so yeah.

ok, i will stop voting and contributing if you guys like. i have a hard time bring ideas to the table so obviously i should just post fluff and not vote because that is better that for a townie to live.

my first post was stupid, and i guess now my second post is stupid also. fine, well kill me off for that. i can't change your mind obviously because i will always be seen as guilty. but

MY FIRST POST WAS MADE BECAUSE I WAS PRODDED TO DO SO. I HAD NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY ANYWAY. obviously it was bad for me. i did what you guys said to do, i'm trying to formulate my own opinions. i'm not angry, i'm just trying to defend myself and everyone keeps telling me that it's wrong for me to post. i won't post anymore. call me a brat, whatever. these are my opinions and i thought i would bring it to the table.

but i stay with my vote on icemuffin. if that kills me, then so be it.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

well, i apologize about that because i AM a newbie, but i still am going to stand my ground. it seems no matter what i say i'm still scum however.

unvote

vote: killa7

why am i changing votes now?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
1) his second post in general
2) if you read my first post,

for those too lazy:
killa seven, i think that was a slip up. based on what he said, he seemed very "normal" mafia lynching. the reason he hasn't responded with he reasons could be his making up for the short post. so i don't think we should jump on killa seven just yet.
i said we shouldn't jump on k7
at the moment,
just watch him since i thought it might have been an accidental passing of the rules. but now that he posted his second post of little content as well, yeah i'm going to be suspicious. especially since he hasn't tried to defend himself besides saying that he's going to die before 100 posts anyway. which was a worse reason than i gave (hahaha note: joke). so this is why i vote for him now.

and yeah, i apologize again for not contributing as much. all right, enough of that.
it was indeed a result of poor communication which is exactly our point. we don't know what reasons whoever posted that had for voting green cow, so in my mind, i saw it as a random vote as well.
well what did you think about our second post? was your vote a pressure vote to get us to say more? if that is the case, then (i think) you had put as at L-1/L-2 which is no longer a pressure vote, and more of a "i want to lynch you" vote.
so you are just mindlessly following the crowd now?!?! form your own opinions! first you voted us because everyone else was. then, you unvoted because everyone else was! how are people not seeing this?
all right. first off, yes i voted for you guys in the first place because i wanted to hear what you guys had to say. i guess that's faulty logic, since you guys were so close to being lynched, but i didn't read how many people were lynching you. the "poor communication" thing. YEAH i thought it was poor communication. i already explained what i thought was poor communication, but i will again to set the record straight. i thought you guys were discussing who to vote for and someone mistook it and posted right away. this vote was a much more serious-sounding vote that killa7's at the time- it was a "hi, i vote" and the other was a joking one. so i found NAJD's vote to be a serious vote that came early because you guys discussed and someone went ahead to vote without full discussion being done.
you admitted to there being poor communication. i took the vote off. what's wrong with that? you guys gave reasoning for why you guys were innocent, and i believe it. yes, of course i read other people's posts. i believe it also. that's why i took the vote off. it wasn't mindless "oh everyone else is doing this, so i will too." if someone presents more evidence of something, logical evidence, of course i will believe them. if it was faulty evidence, no i wouldn't have formed my own opinion about it. everyone else obviously thought that evidence was logical also, because they "jumped off the bandwagon." or are we all mindless?

why else did i take my vote OFF of you? because i read what people had said. i AM forming my own opinions. my first post, maybe not so much. my second, yes. why do you think i voted icemuffin? i seriously think you guys need to think about what i said about that, since no one seems to be noticing it at all: why would i vote icemuffin to take notice off of me? that doesn't make any sense. in a game like this, it is crucial to keep posts down. why would i make a new post voting for someone different so i would take notice OFF of me? if i wanted notice off of me, i wouldn't have voted again at all.

i guess i never further explained why i voted icemuffin, so that is partially my fault. i voted for him because one of them always said the same thing as EVERYONE else had said. it was repeated information, with nothing new to give. if you look at his posts, he often quotes other people of what they have to say and agrees with them (obviously, the most intelligent people). but doesn't really say more than "i agree with you. i agree with you. i agree with you. i agree with you and i'm gonna say what you just said and paraphrase it." (read post 33 and 40- lots of recycled statements) i find that fluff and a bit suspicious.
This is IcemanE. I only have time for a quick question for the mod and will make a much more comprehensive analysis post soon, if the answer to the question I'm about to ask is no. I believe NAJD has already been lynched, with maxwell's being the hammer vote: Am I correct?
post 19 was one of the first reasons i voted for him- he could have condensed all his posting into one, but didn't. why not? even if he wasn't sure what was going on. posting into one would have saved a post. a comprehensive analysis.. isn't that what everyone has been saying? isn't that what his own partner said to do? to put all your analysis into one document and then post later on. yet he just posted the question. i found that suspicious, and that's why i voted for him.

these are all the reasons i voted for icemuffin. however, because of killa7's most recent post, i think it's much better we vote him off. he's contributing nothing at all and filling up the post count. whether he be mafia or not, he is wasting space and bringing the rest of us closer to a mafia kill. and for little content posts that don't even make sense. so that's why i am voting killa7 now.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:44 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

okay, this is getting annoying. i am not pleaing to your emotions. i just spent a whole large post explaining myself and everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go. please show me in the last post in which i said ONE time "don't vote me-- i'm new!!!" yeah i did mention being a newbie, but my first sentence was a sarcastic comment.
Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7. Both times immediately after each other.
first off, my vote "immediately after" strangercoug is just coincidence. killa7 posted, and i didn't see it until after a bunch of people. strangercoug just happened to post before me.

second, strangercoug's vote is on me at the moment. not on killa7's. so we didn't even vote the same, so i don't know what you're talking about.

also, i chose to answer NAJD's questions of my motives at this time because they spent a whole post on accusing me, and i posted back because of that. i didn't want to just sit there and let myself be a sitting duck.

you also voted for killa7. why is that? because they posted little to nothing and is contributing absolutely nothing while admitting to not even wanting to try to contribute to the game. that's why i voted for killa7.

does this goes back to "going with the crowd"? that is ridiculous. killa7 is obviously not contributing, blatantly admitting to not wanting to even try to help, so of course i would vote for him. yes, there are other people who have been posting with little or nothing to contribute, but he
said
that he was not even trying to contribute, so that's why i vote for him. if he is a mafia, then that is awesome, we got one. if he isn't the mafia, he is using up posts by not even helping, which is almost as bad in this mafia game. granted, he's not directly killing anyone, but he is bringing everything closer to a mafia kill. that's NOT good, so why would you want that?
My partner doesn't want a vote on Maxwell so I'm honoring that but instead of simply whining and saying 'I'm a townie' can you please give me a reason NOT to vote you? Can your read your posts as a third person and not vote yourself?
How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
and why do you keep saying i'm not trying to contribute besides pleas to emotion? i explained why i voted icemuffin and why i think icemuffin is a bit suspicious. i'm not trying to make you vote with me because i'm a newb. my voting patterns? read my last post, please (post 44). i explained why i voted the way i did and what i was thinking while i voted. does no one see that? no one seems to look past "she said she was a newb in one post so we're gonna hang on to that for the rest of eternity" except for one or two people. i really don't think repeating the same information twice will do much help but make you want to read this post less, but take a look at post 44 and i have explained myself.

do you have any specific questions about my post, or are you just going to be vague? it is hard to defend myself when you only attack my one post about being a newb and yet say i never explained myself. what of my explanation are you suspicious of? i will respond if you point out what you are asking. i can't really say anything but to look at my other post, because you only say that i plea emotion when i didn't and was explaining myself.

i have a feeling the mafia is just loving that i keep posting back. it seems like a mafia strategy is to get the townies upset (or at least roused for great lengths of discussion) and keep posting back in defense. of course, we are going to have to question people of their motives. but direct provocations we have to watch out for. (just a thought)[/u]
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:20 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

thanks for defending me muf, but i still think you're scummy.
That is why i have seen strangercoug as town since the beginning. Now It didnt make me want to lynch green cow due to the fact that I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town. However for you to vote coug after he made a good point seems absoultly ridiculous to me.
i don't feel as if this is quite right. what exactly is strangercoug's good point that you are mentioning? that he told me that the newbie card will stick with me? (i've been done playing the newbie card by the way) that's not exactly a good point. it's more of a "suck it up" deal. why are you defending him so much? and also

person A: FoS
person A = town

person B: FoS
person B = does not necessarily mean town OR mafia

and i would like to hear what's so good about strangercoug's post that is enough to defend him.

So technically they can't do the auto-win at lylo unless they lurk for pretty much the entire game up until lylo. So I suppose it'd definitely more important to watch for lurkers in the early game than it usually is.
i really doubt that mafia would just lurk. since we're at 70-ish posts, still a ways off from 250, the best way for the mafia to be winning would be to spark continuous discussions and spread out the suspicious bubble. the best way for the mafia to win at this point is to make everyone WANT to post while contributing themselves and feeding the fire.

We now know that killa seven is town, and I still suspect maxwellhouse for his trying to play the newbie card.
is there any other reason you suspect me? i've been done playing the newbie card. can you give up new reasons of suspicion?
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by maxwellhouse »

icemuffin wrote:@max Why on earth is your vote on me? Your talking about scum lurking and all of a sudden a vote on me without explination? I really dont want to change my oponion about you cause I hate to be wrong.
actually, i have been voting you for the last day and i explained my reasonings for my vote, so it's not a random lurk vote. maybe you and others don't see my reasonings as valid, but i did make my reasonings and so, no it's not some random vote. i voted killa seven after that because he was being silly in the game, which wasn't helping us very much... but that was the reason for my not being on your vote for a bit.

also, just because you defend me, doesn't mean it changes my opinion. don't try to sucker me into that.

muerrto wrote:@Max: You'll never drop the fact you pulled the newbie card. Let it go, learn from it, don't do it in your next game.
can i please say this... one last time?

why don't i drop the fact i played the newbie card? first off, many people keep bringing it back up. i'm TRYING to let it go, but someone always brings it up. then when i say, let it go that i played the newbie card, someone says that i'm playing an appeal to emotion. where does it end? it doesn't. so please stop mentioning it.

i don't care if you look at the rest of my post and say that's why i'm mafia. that's playing the game. but please, stop reprimending me for saying i played a newb card. whoever said something along the sames lines as this, thank you. i can't seem to find the exact post at the moment.

ok, seriously, no more of that.

now, i find something interesting of strangercoug. i haven't really seen it until now: he does the same thing icemuffin has been doing, really. he posts a lot of repeated information or little to no information.
strangercoug wrote: Seriously, maxwellhouse, with that much information and you can't think about something to say, take the posts that stand out the most to you and talk about what you think about those posts. "I can't think of anything" is not an excuse and equates as "I'm too lazy to think of anything" as far as this game is concerned. If you have to resort to asking players questions about their posts, then do so. The more you say things along the lines of "Hey, I was prodded, and I don't want to die because of the time limit, so here I am," the more you bankrupt your credibility.
strangercoug wrote:Also, the phrase "obvious town" does not exist in my vocabulary as, without something to back it up, it is merely an excuse to clear somebody of suspicion and encourages tunnel vision. Use your deduction powers and stop putting us in a game of Russian roulette where your laziness to think is the gun. (I find "obvious scum" flawed in almost the same way, for the record.)
you seem to be saying that a lot- stop being lazy, start using your own deductions.

yet...
strangercoug wrote:HoS: killa seven for voting without reason in a contentless post.

I find myself agreeing with Now a JDodge's logic in post #41, and he has a pretty big case on maxwellhouse. There were tons and tons of information out there—out of necessity, even—and maxwellhouse has nothing to say about diddly squat!? Way to lurk.

Seriously, maxwellhouse, with that much information and you can't think about something to say, take the posts that stand out the most to you and talk about what you think about those posts. "I can't think of anything" is not an excuse and equates as "I'm too lazy to think of anything" as far as this game is concerned. If you have to resort to asking players questions about their posts, then do so. The more you say things along the lines of "Hey, I was prodded, and I don't want to die because of the time limit, so here I am," the more you bankrupt your credibility.

ting =), if numbers are not of concern to you, then go ahead and keep posting them. You may have to explain them to us so it's easier for us to understand, though. (You seem to be quite the mathematician Wink)
same post as above- you are telling me to out more information. yet you bring out nothing from yourself. why? your "case" on me is just whatever NAJD said. then you tell me to build my own case. then you comment about ting's number crunching. and you HoS'ed killa. this was a basically useless post- no votes, no new information, nothing.

all right, i've done that too... but again. next post, post 54
strangercoug wrote:Muerrto wrote:
muerrto wrote:Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7.

As maxwellhouse said, I never voted for killa seven. I HoS'd him the post immediately before maxwellhouse voted him.
maxwellhouse wrote: okay, this is getting annoying. i am not pleaing to your emotions. i just spent a whole large post explaining myself and everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go. please show me in the last post in which i said ONE time "don't vote me-- i'm new!!!" yeah i did mention being a newbie, but my first sentence was a sarcastic comment.

Please be very careful with the newbie card, because we're not likely to forget your newbie mistakes anytime in the near future. Yes, we may take them into account when considering what side you're on, but to give a real life example, nobody in their right mind goes to a bank, yells "This is a stickup!", and then says "Whoops—I didn't know bank robbery was illegal" when they see the cops.
you bring up i used the newbie card (already brought up by many people before me) and something i've already said. now, i get having emphasis for the second since you are defending yourself, but did you really have to have that short of a post? for one small defense and telling me not to play the newbie card?

and then again.. another shorter post. post 68, this one quoting a bunch of quotes. i just put the content he actually typed up himself.
strangercoug wrote: Muerrto, I simply felt that maxwellhouse was scummier than killa seven at that point, and I did not want to go for what I felt turned into a policy lynch bandwagon. We now know that killa seven is town, and I still suspect maxwellhouse for his trying to play the newbie card. In fact, Vote: maxwellhouse in case a lynch resets everybody's votes.

Not a JDodge, I failed to understand why Green Cow did not actually vote for killa seven at that post (remember—the bandwagon on killa seven did not yet exist, so I'm not contradicting myself here) if his concern was for wasted. FoS merely says "I suspect you, but don't feel that your actions warrant a vote just yet". That was the only person on his list of suspicion as we knew it at that time. Is the FoS not wasted space too?
first paragraph, no complaints really. you are explaining yourself and why you voted, even including a vote.

second, you are explaining yourself on your vote for green cow... yet your reasoning is faulty. if a FoS is wasted space, isn't a HoS? therefore, isn't your own post HoS wasted space also? so why did you scold someone for a FoS but it was perfectly fine for your HoS? you did nothing else in your post for your HoS except agree and repeat information. maybe you were a little bit more flowery with your repeated information, but it was still repeated.

NOTE, so far, these ARE his posts. i didn't exclude information.

okay, now his second to his latest post, post 76.
strangercoug wrote:[quote="ting =)] wrote:
I hate how najd's vote is constantly changing. Naj posts were completely anti maxwell, but their recent post puts their vote on strangercoug.
So we have a bandwagon hopper, eh? [/quote]

okay, i don't know what you mean here. are you attacking ting=) or NAJD? i think you're attacking NAJD. all right. that sentence was absolutely vague and repetitive. ting=) already pointed this out, why did you have to point it out again, except in a much less question-like form? what was the point of this, or to make people take notice of it and keep discussing it and put suspicion on NAJD?
strangercoug wrote:If you define "new reasons" as reasons nobody has brought up yet, then no, but just because you're done with playing the newbie card does not necessarily mean you're done defending it.
fair enough, though i'm not defending the newbie card though. i just want it to not be brought up again over and over as a reason/a scold. and people telling me over and over again to stop playing the newbie card when i'm not, yeah it's annoying.

strangercoug wrote:This post is full of bleh. You don't like maxwellhouse's wagon, and the only reason you're giving for your voting me instead also involves a wagon? You've got to do better than that. MUCH better.

Unvote: maxwellhouse
Vote: strife220
i have to agree with him here. strife's reasons were yucky, but he did explain his own thoughts as to why he is not voting for others (strife- don't not vote anyone because you think they're a newb though).

on to latest post. it was shorter again. kind of vague. i'm breaking it up into parts again. not the first part, but the last two parts.
strangercoug wrote:Also, the phrase "obvious town" does not exist in my vocabulary as, without something to back it up, it is merely an excuse to clear somebody of suspicion and encourages tunnel vision. Use your deduction powers and stop putting us in a game of Russian roulette where your laziness to think is the gun. (I find "obvious scum" flawed in almost the same way, for the record.)
okay, i am just being a little "..." at this part. maybe i am being picky, i don't know.

NAJD's post #26
NAJD wrote: this is dahill chiming in real quickly.
unvote vote maxwell

this is so obvious scum that it hards
strangercoug's post # 29
strangercoug wrote: I also believe Not a JDodge's case on you in post #26.

all right. so he called me "obvious scum." you read his post apparently, since you said that you believed his case. you did not jump on him for using me as obvious scum. you jumped on me and voted me instead. i mean, it was a good time. everyone was starting to point fingers at me.

now, when muerrto calls strife "obvious town" and strife is voting against you, then that is something you jump on hard. so it is obvious that you don't take "obvious scum" as hard as "obvious town."

i feel as if icemuffin and strangercoug are in an alliance. icemuffin defended not voting for strangercoug on reason of not FoS on first page. granted, in icemuffin's latest post, he disagrees with his partner's idea.
icemuffin wrote:I don't agree with two of my partners core ideas - that is, that long posts are automatically indicative of protown alignment, and that FoS'ing in the early game is indicative of anti-town alignment.
but i still think what your partner said revealed something- his defense for strangercoug. do you defend strangercoug as well? i am also kinda wondering why your posts never crossed paths except for in defense/support of a vote.

i'm suspicious right now of both strangercoug and icemuffin. since i focused mostly on strangercoug in my post, i'm going to go ahead and change my vote.

unvote: icemuffin
vote: strangercoug

no, not bandwagoning. i still find icemuffin suspicious. i just find them both suspicious. since my case is mostly on strangercoug, i'm putting my vote on strangercoug.

there has been a lot of information posted after i started writing this, and i will include it in my next post because this one has taken me hours. (my post originally was supposed to be after strangercoug's, so i apologize if my post doesn't include a lot of the information that was in between.)
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

okay, by my scanning, this is the votes as of right now:

icemuffin: strife220
StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
strife220: icemuffin, Green Cow, ting=)
ting=): StrangerCoug

this is bad, REALLY bad. we can NOT afford a double lynch right now. i don't know where xyzzy is right now to close the day, but the last two people are strife and strangercoug... argh. i'm assuming they're going to vote for each other... i really don't want to vote strife as i don't think he's mafia, though the name claim thing is kind of strange. =/ but if it's to avoid a double lynch.

unvote
vote: strife220

ting- what the frick is up with your vote? that is SUCH faulty logic. hasn't it occurred to you that strife hasn't been spamming either? and that even though your switch from strangercoug vote to strife vote, you are taking a vote off of someone to make the double lynch possible? thought you yourself don't find strife guilty?
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

NAJD wrote:(maxwellhouse: the 5 day mark has been reached. ting switched votes at the last second; strife has been lynched. We're in twilight.)
is it? i checked the last time day ended- it never specifically ended at a 120 hour deadline. so i'm going to make this post just in case. i really really apologize for making this post if it is of no use to vote again.

grr i want to keep strife in the game...

unvote strife
vote strangercoug

if we play this right, hopefully we can still make it before 250 posts. at this point, i think it's possible.

i'll try to make this as useful as possible for a quickie before deadline if it's not deadline already.

this fiasco of lynching and switching lynches is just so not thought out. the amount of posts since xyzzy last posted.

sc- ii
strife - iiii
GC - iii
icemuffin - iiii
maxwellhouse - iii (including this one)
muerrto - iiii
ting - iiiii
NAJD - i

strangercoug, strangely enough, has only posted twice though he was pretty close to lynch. i'm not exactly sure what to think of that.
strife and icemuffin were arguing about nameclaims and votes and whatnot, so i understand that.
muerrto was freaking out at ting=) lately, bring his posts up.
i had a little bit more posts than i should have, but i'm leaving to go somewhere tomorrow, so i might as well post now than possibly get modkilled. because i don't know exactly when i will have internet again.
ting has the most posts out of everyone... it was because of the voting and explanations afterward, but still, was it necessary to have 5 posts in 2 days?

i don't know if this helps at all, but i really really did not like that lynch switch.

i also have a point of ting=), though i'll have to wait for this question below to be answered before making the point.

as for nameclaiming: doesn't it say in the rules we're not supposed to role claim =/? and to no use name claims as evidence of alignment? =/ if these are allowed, then i will also nameclaim and i will explain why i feel suspicious of ting.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

ting=) wrote: URggggh. Haven't you read the rules AT ALL? - there's no double lynch. Whoever has the most votes on him the longest is lynched.
sorry, i got mixed up. my bad =x. the lynching hasn't exactly followed that pattern though, as the rules have said. for example, the 120 hour deadline isn't followed- it's just a 5 day rough sketch, it seems. and you said strife was dead but strangercoug was lynched instead, after the deadline when i had placed my vote on him. you're right about the double lynch thing though, i didn't read into that, sorry.
strife220 wrote:Maxwell house: Please explain your thought process in post 102 and 105 in detail. The unvote on me and vote on SC long after deadline, as well as the thinking there will be a double-lynch, is confusing.
okay, so i DID read the rules, but i guess i didn't really let the lynch part of the rules sink in. so i thought you could still double lynch (and i didn't really think about the time part of the rule- whoever has most votes for the longest amount of time). i saw that both you and strangercoug were even in number of votes- 3. the last two people to vote were you and strangercoug, so i thought no matter what, it was going to be even. i was on strangercoug at the moment (icemuffin before that), but i didn't want both of you to be lynched because that could be deadly for us, so i unvoted strangercoug and voted you. then icemuffin unvoted you and changed to SC and so did you and so i changed my vote back to strangercoug in case we were still considered to be in day 2, because that was who i was suspicious of, not you. sorry about that- i just didn't want a double lynch, even though it wasn't possible.

ting wrote:No. You're not listening. We can't.
well, now that we got one scum, we can now, can't we? =P we got through 2 days and roughly 100 days (i took away mod posts and the posts that the mod didn't count) so if we can nail the other scum, yeah we can make it before 250! hopefully. unless scum spams... though then it'd be pretty evident who to vote.

at the moment, i find icemuffin and ting suspicious, though i'm not completely sure about ting, since i was flawed in my knowledge of the lynch rules.

icemuffin, however...
icemuffin wrote:Well first off I really hope that the day hasnt ended yet as strife is not scum. I just cant imagine him being scum after his last 2 posts. He hasnt look scummy to me the whole time except for the fact he claims to have the name of a non ms player.

so just incase we are still on day 2
random wagon jump? at this point, votes on strife or strangercoug wouldn't matter at all. since strangercoug already had majority vote on him. this seems more like a "crap, we got caught!" vote.
icemuffin wrote:I have a tough time believing scum would ride their partner's bandwagon to the end in this setup, with only 2 of them against 10 town. Therefore I'm going to set aside suspicions of those on stranger's wagon at the end of day 2 - that is, Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, and Lawrencelot-Muerrto. This also increases my suspicion of Ting - like I said, he pulled out in the 11th hour and attempted to change the lynch.
well, the thing is, you did that also. though ting pulled out last minute also, you were the very very last to do this, when it didn't even matter anymore. ting did it when it could have mattered; you did it once strangercoug had officially the majority on him.

so...

maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by maxwellhouse »

icemuffin wrote:Now this is absoulte rubish. I put the extra vote on sc because I know strife isnt scum and TO MAKE SURE NO BODY ALL OF A SUDDEN VOTES STRIFE AGAIN. Yet you done the exact same thing so stop being a hipocrete. You keep sayin "oh i have a good reason for voting ice" yet YOU HAVE NOT MADE ONE GOOD POINT WHATSOEVER. I know this is one of your first games here but you really need to stop being so stubborn and actually read everything that goes on.
jeez, calm down. seriously. i AM reading everything. i'm playing the game as best as i can and trying to bring out information and you yelling "OMG BRING OUT ACTUAL INFORMATIONNNNNNNNNNNN YOU SUCK." well, what do you want me to do? honestly. i suspect you. don't yell at me because i'm saying stuff about you. maybe it's sucky information. well keep that to your fucking self, okay? defend yourself but don't be a dick about it.
icemuffin wrote:I may not be the greatest scum hunter, In fact im preety crap at it. But at least I will try my best to win this game for the town and thats all can do.
yeah, look at what you yourself said, please.

ok look. this is why i thought there was a double lynch. (i know there wasn't one, because it's not possible, and that it was within a 120 hour deadline, but bear with me)

ting=)- post 96 - changed vote to strife after voting strangercoug

vote situation of that time:
StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, Lawrencelot-Muerrto, maxwellhouse
strife220: icemuffin, StrangerCoug, Green Cow, ting =)

ok, so there were three votes on strangercoug and three votes on strife.

strangercoug- post 97 - changed vote to ting=)

StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, Lawrencelot-Muerrto, maxwellhouse
strife220: icemuffin, Green Cow, ting =),
ting: StrangerCoug

2 votes on strife, 3 on strangercoug

muerrto- post 98 - changed vote to ting=)

StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse
ting: StrangerCoug, Lawrencelot-Muerrto

muerrto- post 100 - found out ting's reason and changed back to strangercoug

StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto

vote on stranger and strife were 3 and 3.

okay.
so i thought the deadline was 5 days, not 120 hour deadline. because i looked back and the first day started at 3 AM and didn't end until 12 PM, i believe. so i thought it would be whenever xyzzy closed up the day. and i didn't realize we couldn't double lynch =/. no one else was posting, so i thought CRAP, what if xyzzy comes and closes the day when we have two people up for the chopping block?

so i switched my vote.

maxwellhouse - post 102

StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
strife220: icemuffin, Green Cow, ting =), maxwellhouse,

now it's 2 on stranger, 4 on strife, though i didn't want to vote strife.

strife- post 104

StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, Lawrencelot-Muerrto, strife220
strife220: icemuffin, Green Cow, ting =), maxwellhouse

so now it's 3 on stranger, 4 on strife. and i was like YES no double lynch (why didn't anyone point out there was no double lynch in the game before that? =/)

maxwellhouse- post 105

StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, Lawrencelot-Muerrto, strife220, maxwellhouse
strife220: icemuffin, Green Cow, ting =)

so it's 4 on stranger, 3 on strife. no one on stranger seemed to be changing their votes. strangercoug seemed to have gone from the game.

so that's why i thought icemuffin's vote switch to strangercoug was useless. it could have been because strangercoug would have came back and voted strife, and this would have clinched strangercoug's lynch, but everyone seemed pretty solid in their votes at that point. that's why i thought it was more of a "get off of strife so i don't get caught" vote.

and a clarification...?
Green Cow wrote:Cow here.
First off, sorry about my partner's idiotic vote. Muffin was so much scummier than strife, and I told him that, but he still voted for strife anyways, I don't know why.
wait, muffin or strangercoug?
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:19 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

i feel very bandwagon-y. =x

unvote
vote: greencow

however, after reading ice's thing, it reads like a very frustrated town.

i don't have much time left on here, and i think i can get on again monday, so sorry for such a contentless post.

i'd still like greencow to respond about the "muffin" not "strangercoug" comment next time. it's kind of convenient that your partner wouldn't let you vote for strangercoug...
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

i don't want to die either so i am posting while i can

given how green cow is not really giving a good defense... i think it's a good lynch. hopefully...
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

i thought it was really fun =x.

the only thing i would have to agree on is the 72 hours without posting. maybe be a little more lenient of it?

anyway, sorry i didn't contribute much, if anything xD. but MS mafia sure is a lot more intense than anything else. but i thought it was fun =)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”