Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:18 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ok. First off, Ting, excellent analysis, would you rather not have announced it tho or at least waited a while longer. Your post was extremely helpful to the scum if they didn't think that far through yet.

Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7. Both times immediately after each other.

My partner doesn't want a vote on Maxwell so I'm honoring that but instead of simply whining and saying 'I'm a townie' can you please give me a reason NOT to vote you? Can your read your posts as a third person and not vote yourself?

Lawrence is still suspect of JDodge but also of K7 and I'm personally not feeling the JDodge so we'll be:

Unvote, Vote: K7

But

EXTREME FoS: Maxwell

At least till I see you contribute something besides pleas to emotion. I'd also like an explanation on your play and voting patterns so far.

Ting, Strife = obv town so that helps the town somewhat.

JDodge looks town to me but Lawrence disagrees so we're up in the air on that one.

Ice: How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:56 am

Post by Icemuffin »

Iceman
Muerrto wrote: Ice: How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
I'm gonna have to disagree with my partner on this one - I don't think it makes him look town at all. It's an appeal to emotion, as you said, which is not good logic or in any way convincing. I think muffin tends to think big posts = protown, which obviously isn't always the case. In this setup I can follow muffin's thinking, as short posts look scummy, but the inverse doesn't necessarily make a townie.
Muerrto wrote: Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7. Both times immediately after each other.
Do you think this is more suggestive of newb town or newb scum?

Ting, I really like your elaboration, though I agree with Muerrto on waiting till endgame to reveal that info, as it's not needed until endgame anyways. However, the thing you have to remember about THIS:
Ting wrote: Scum will not lurk at endgame, because THE SCUM AUTO WIN AT LYLO. They can just spam bump the thread to 250 posts and kill a townie. We can't do anything about it because:
...is that each player has a 100 post cap, and once they reach it they die. I'm assuming this cap is in place to make it impossible for the scum to spam to 250 posts and get their NK in the first part of the game. So technically they can't do the auto-win at lylo unless they lurk for pretty much the entire game up until lylo. So I suppose it'd definitely more important to watch for lurkers in the early game than it usually is.

I agree with muffin that we should set our eyes on Shadow tomorrow, she is lurking as hard as K7. I think K7 today, Shadow tomorrow, and minimal discussion is necessary up until then, though posting solid analysis once every 72 hours for the next week or so is a solid plan. I like your plan, Ting, but I don't see that it's necessary to post once a day, though there isn't a huge problem with it. I just think that on the first two days we should be less zealous with our posting and do more voting. I.E., it's more than worth it to eliminate the lurkers on the first two days of the game, and from there we can look more deeply into the analysis. So my vote stays with K7.

As a sidenote, thanks kabenon for replacing out, as if you're a townie it would have been a waste of a townie to lose you due to the 72 hour restriction.
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:44 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

okay, this is getting annoying. i am not pleaing to your emotions. i just spent a whole large post explaining myself and everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go. please show me in the last post in which i said ONE time "don't vote me-- i'm new!!!" yeah i did mention being a newbie, but my first sentence was a sarcastic comment.
Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7. Both times immediately after each other.
first off, my vote "immediately after" strangercoug is just coincidence. killa7 posted, and i didn't see it until after a bunch of people. strangercoug just happened to post before me.

second, strangercoug's vote is on me at the moment. not on killa7's. so we didn't even vote the same, so i don't know what you're talking about.

also, i chose to answer NAJD's questions of my motives at this time because they spent a whole post on accusing me, and i posted back because of that. i didn't want to just sit there and let myself be a sitting duck.

you also voted for killa7. why is that? because they posted little to nothing and is contributing absolutely nothing while admitting to not even wanting to try to contribute to the game. that's why i voted for killa7.

does this goes back to "going with the crowd"? that is ridiculous. killa7 is obviously not contributing, blatantly admitting to not wanting to even try to help, so of course i would vote for him. yes, there are other people who have been posting with little or nothing to contribute, but he
said
that he was not even trying to contribute, so that's why i vote for him. if he is a mafia, then that is awesome, we got one. if he isn't the mafia, he is using up posts by not even helping, which is almost as bad in this mafia game. granted, he's not directly killing anyone, but he is bringing everything closer to a mafia kill. that's NOT good, so why would you want that?
My partner doesn't want a vote on Maxwell so I'm honoring that but instead of simply whining and saying 'I'm a townie' can you please give me a reason NOT to vote you? Can your read your posts as a third person and not vote yourself?
How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
and why do you keep saying i'm not trying to contribute besides pleas to emotion? i explained why i voted icemuffin and why i think icemuffin is a bit suspicious. i'm not trying to make you vote with me because i'm a newb. my voting patterns? read my last post, please (post 44). i explained why i voted the way i did and what i was thinking while i voted. does no one see that? no one seems to look past "she said she was a newb in one post so we're gonna hang on to that for the rest of eternity" except for one or two people. i really don't think repeating the same information twice will do much help but make you want to read this post less, but take a look at post 44 and i have explained myself.

do you have any specific questions about my post, or are you just going to be vague? it is hard to defend myself when you only attack my one post about being a newb and yet say i never explained myself. what of my explanation are you suspicious of? i will respond if you point out what you are asking. i can't really say anything but to look at my other post, because you only say that i plea emotion when i didn't and was explaining myself.

i have a feeling the mafia is just loving that i keep posting back. it seems like a mafia strategy is to get the townies upset (or at least roused for great lengths of discussion) and keep posting back in defense. of course, we are going to have to question people of their motives. but direct provocations we have to watch out for. (just a thought)[/u]
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Green Cow »

Gorrad again. I actually forgot about the scum kill every 250 posts rule. Yeah, in that case we, theoretically, shouldn't let NAJ live for long- more posts does mean more kills. However, they aren't posting as much as I would think, and they're actually contributing fairly well (with the exception of the first post), so I'm not finding them as suspicious as some of y'all are.

It should be noted that K7 has reached a majority. That doesn't mean he's a lynch, but I sure wouldn't be disappointed if he was. Short, contentless posts like his are exactly what help scum. They add to the post count, and they don't add to the scumhunting.

Heh, I'm actually glad I'm LA during this game. It means I'll have less posts.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Muerrto wrote:Second, Maxwell just followed Stranger's vote for the SECOND time. First on JDodge, then on K7.
As maxwellhouse said, I never voted for killa seven. I HoS'd him the post immediately before maxwellhouse voted him.
maxwellhouse wrote:okay, this is getting annoying. i am not pleaing to your emotions. i just spent a whole large post explaining myself and everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go. please show me in the last post in which i said ONE time "don't vote me-- i'm new!!!" yeah i did mention being a newbie, but my first sentence was a sarcastic comment.
Please be very careful with the newbie card, because we're not likely to forget your newbie mistakes anytime in the near future. Yes, we may take them into account when considering what side you're on, but to give a real life example, nobody in their right mind goes to a bank, yells "This is a stickup!", and then says "Whoops—I didn't know bank robbery was illegal" when they see the cops.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by strife220 »

I too thought about the mafia spamming their 100 posts, but decided that the the ideal town play didn't change. Not sure if bringing it out in the open was the right thing to do Ting, but I guess it's too late now. Saying lurkers are suspicious because they may be 'saving' most of their 100 votes for a sort of vig is untrue. 100 posts is 100 posts, regardless if when they happened. I suppose it doesn't hurt to be aware that scum will likely spam out their 100 posts before death, but it shouldn't effect town behaviour. I could rant on how it's still important to post less (fewer posts, more content per post), but nobody's posting too frequently, so I won't bother.

I disagree with Ting about controlling when scum get the nightkill. We simply try our hardest to make it come as late as possible.

On a more practical note, that's 7 votes on Killa, which means a lynch as far as I'm concerned. I obviously think he's a good lynch choice, and I really doubt the wagon is going to reverse completely and bring someone to 8 votes. As such, this will be my last post of the day, which has about 30ish hours left. I'll hopefully have a lengthy post on who I think is most likely to be scum once D2 starts up, influenced by Killa's cardflip. The case on Maxwell is pretty good regardless of K7's alignment, so I'll certainly be looking into that, as well as a few other ideas.

Enjoy pseudo-twilight, everyone.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 1-5killa seven: strife220, Green Cow, Targomoyf, ting =), icemuffin, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
maxwellhouse: Now a JDodge, StrangerCoug, killa seven

Not voting: ShadowGirl, kabenon007

Deadline approaching quickly.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by ting =) »

@muffin.
That's fine, just keep in mind that
we have to win before lylo.
It's fine if the town consensus is to just play like we're doing now, but don't forget that the
actual lylo
is the day before.

@ice.
ice wrote:is that each player has a 100 post cap, and once they reach it they die. I'm assuming this cap is in place to make it impossible for the scum to spam to 250 posts and get their NK in the first part of the game. So technically they can't do the auto-win at lylo unless they lurk for pretty much the entire game up until lylo.
Not quite.

There are 2 scum, both of them have 100 posts each. Together, they have 200 posts.

This is the
57th
post.

Hypothetical example: If kabenon and shadow girl are the scum.

Kabenon has made 2 posts - he has 98 posts remaining.
Shadowgirl has made 1 post - she has 99 posts remaining.

Together, they have 197 posts.
They can nk
now
if they want to.

That example doesn't take into account xyzzy's post count, but you get the point - the mafia become day vigs on this page. It doesn't matter who the scum are and what their current post count is - at the end of this page there will be 75 posts.(again not factoring in xyzzy's count for simplicity's sake) They don't need to lurk to use their nk. They never had to.

What I'm trying to say - post frequency has no relation to chances of being scum.

@strife.
See above. You
can't
delay
the nk. That's what I said telling people to post less frequently is useless. All it does is make it harder to find the scum - and we need to find them
before
lylo.

Note, I'm making a distinction between 'post less frequently' and 'post less.' I don't mind people posting unfrequently as long as they actually have a lot of content.

@muerrto, strife.
I was arguing with myself over when to reveal it. The scum would have realized it on their own eventually, it may have taken them until lylo, but they would have figured it out on their own.

By telling everyone early, I was hoping to convince everyone that taking away control of the nk from the scum would be best. I understand it might be complicated to implement though, so I'm fine with settling for letting everyone be aware that we need to win before lylo.

@maxwell.
When you repeat over and over, 'I'm a townie, so nah!' that's an appeal to emotion. Muerrto already said it, but you don't seem to see that it
is
an appeal to emotion. You're not bringing any logical arguments to your case, just telling us to believe you.

Your early posts were full of it. It's only in your later posts that you actually bring in arguments. That's what everyone, or at least me, has a problem with.

Also, like strangercoug said, you played the newb card. That is also an appeal to emotion:
maxwell wrote:everyone cannot seem to let go that i messed up by being a newb. please, just let that go.
You see? I don't see how anyone can interpret that as
not
an appeal to emotion.

That said, I think you sound genuine.
Misguided
Horribly wrong, but genuine.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 1-6killa seven: strife220, Green Cow, Targomoyf, ting =), icemuffin, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
maxwellhouse: Now a JDodge, StrangerCoug, killa seven

Not voting: ShadowGirl, kabenon007

killa seven is lynched. He was Mr. Flay, a townie.

"Everyone," killa seven shouted, "I'm most definitely not scum! You see, I'm Mr. Flay - an all around fantasti-"

He didn't finish that sentence, for suddenly a bullet entered his head, seemingly from nowhere. What a shame.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:26 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I apologize for being absent - a reread will be coming within the next day or so.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ok, Shadowgirl has now made 2 contentless posts...

@Ting: No suspiscion for you revealing it just saying it helped the scum, I still think you're obv town as is Strife

My partner still doesn't wanna vote Maxwell. I hate the newb card with a passion. Especially in a non-newbie game. If you plan on playing with the big boys, don't expect us to pull punches. Pulling a newb card here was just bad and saying 'I'm townie I swear' is worse. I reeeeally wanna vote you.

My partner still likes JDodge being scum but I'm simply not feeling it. If I turn out to be wrong I'm gonna have to apologise but not placing my vote there.

I'm compromising and

Vote: Stranger

You jumped from the Dodge wagon to the Max wagon and then HoS'ed Killa even though there's no lynch -1 or whatever in this game instead of voting him to distance yourself from the lynch. What use is the HoS? Why not a vote? Made no sense.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:57 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I'd like to note that I haven't made any posts recently [before today] in any of the games I'm in - I haven't been lurking, I simply haven't had time.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:11 am

Post by xyzzy »

Just got done making a timestamp check and I discovered that ShadowGirl went more than 72 hours between her first and second psots. Her second and third posts will not be held against the scummokillometer (yes, we keep one of those fun devicces handy!).

ShadowGirl has been modkilled for not enough activity. She was Adel, a townie.

"Sorry I haven't been talking mu-" said ShadowGirl, as a deadly venom suddenly shot into her face from seemingly nowhere.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Muerrto »

Grrr...sorry to post so soon after my other one but wanna get this out in the open now before it's too late.

Do NOT respond to this Shadow. You do realise that this game is DRASTICALLY different from other games, right? Every post you make here brings you closer to death(which is bad if you're town) and the mafia closer to killing a townie.

The fact you've now made THREE contentless posts makes you either bad at this game(not mafia, not trying to insult, THIS particular game) or obv scum. I'm currently siding with the former which is why I had to state to NOT respond to this twice just in case.

I understand the whole 72 hrs to modkill thing but if you can't contribute you may wanna replace out like Kabenon did because so far all you're doing is helping the scum by raising the post count of yourself and the thread without contributing to the hunt.

Again my apologies to everyone else for posting so soon after my other one but since she'd done it three times I figured saying something NOW might be better than letting it go any further.

This is a drastically different game style that REQUIRES pretty much constant attention. You may be better off in a regular game if that doesn't meet your life at this time. Not trying to insult or get rid of you, but the rules of this game are on page 1 and were in the theme thread before you signed up for it. You knew what kind of commitment was needed for this game. If you couldn't provide it, you should've opted out.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Now a JDodge
Now a JDodge
Townie
Now a JDodge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Now a JDodge »

Hello again. Trojan Horse here.

Hmm. I'm guessing Muerto spent at least 10 minutes making that last post, and didn't notice ShadowGirl had been modkilled. But anyway...

Looks like I/we are less than 24 hours from suffering the same fate as ShadowGirl, so I'm going to post again now. Near the end of day 1, I had considered switching our vote to K7 (one contentless post from K7 was bad enough, but two was horrible). But I figured I'd be wasting a post, since it looked like K7 would get lynched anyway. So I held off.

Who to go after next? I'm still convinced that at least one scum tried to take advantage of my early bandwagon. My eyes are still on StrangerCoug and maxwellhouse, who both jumped on my bandwagon AFTER I stepped in and posted some content. (The earlier votes don't bother me as much.) I know at least a couple of my fellow heads want maxwellhouse out, but as for me, StrangerCoug is bothering me more. I guess you could say that we literally have half a mind to lynch Stranger and half a mind to lynch maxwell. :D

After I make this post, I'm going to send a PM to my fellow heads and ask them who they think is the scummiest; I want us to come to some kind of consensus.

In reply to Muerrto:
Muerrto wrote:My partner still doesn't wanna vote Maxwell. I hate the newb card with a passion. Especially in a non-newbie game. If you plan on playing with the big boys, don't expect us to pull punches. Pulling a newb card here was just bad and saying 'I'm townie I swear' is worse. I reeeeally wanna vote you.

My partner still likes JDodge being scum but I'm simply not feeling it. If I turn out to be wrong I'm gonna have to apologise but not placing my vote there.

I'm compromising and

You jumped from the Dodge wagon to the Max wagon and then HoS'ed Killa even though there's no lynch -1 or whatever in this game instead of voting him to distance yourself from the lynch. What use is the HoS? Why not a vote? Made no sense.
I agree that maxwell pulling out the newbie card is a bad move, so
FoS: maxwell
for now. But I still think Stranger is scummier at the moment. Muerrto, you've pretty much summarized why I think Stranger is scum, except that I'd add his first vote on Green Cow to the list. (He voted for Green Cow because Green Cow merely FoSed K7, instead of voting K7. Bad reason, I'd say.) I'd also remove Stranger's HoS of K7 from the list; K7 was more or less done at that point. Adding an extra vote wouldn't do much, so what's the difference if he voted or not? Null tell to me.

Still, because of what looks like some major opportunistic voting on Stranger's part:

Vote: StrangerCoug
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

Aaaaaand, around 20 minutes ago, Targomoyf went over 72 hours.

Targomoyf has been modkilled for not enough activity. He was Yosarian2, a townie.

"You know," Targomoyf began to say, "sometimes I agree with myself so much, it hurts!"

It did hurt, in fact.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

I would just like to note that I did want to be replaced, but I couldn't.

Good luck, everyone.
Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

Hi all, muf here and now I have time for this game.

first up
mod question: does shadows latest postcount towards the 250 posts untill the scum get a kill?

Ok now most of the lurkers have died due to inactivity and I have no major leads.
Ice: How does Maxwell's latest post make him look town? Because he got frustrated and started complaining about being new and saying he wouldn't contribute any more etc? That's town?
Ill answer this:

Now maxs last 2 posts have been massive and they have both aswered questions and explained his votes. His logic might not be the greatest considering he is still adding information to votes on the first page but he is trying to get this game going. I have played here for 4 months and never have i seen a newbie who is posting as much as he is turn out to be scum. I see him as newb town.
Now a JDodge wrote: In reply to Muerrto:
Muerrto wrote:My partner still doesn't wanna vote Maxwell. I hate the newb card with a passion. Especially in a non-newbie game. If you plan on playing with the big boys, don't expect us to pull punches. Pulling a newb card here was just bad and saying 'I'm townie I swear' is worse. I reeeeally wanna vote you.

I'm compromising and

for now. But I still think Stranger is scummier at the moment. Muerrto, you've pretty much summarized why I think Stranger is scum, except that I'd add his first vote on Green Cow to the list. (He voted for Green Cow because Green Cow merely FoSed K7, instead of voting K7. Bad reason, I'd say.) I'd also remove Stranger's HoS of K7 from the list; K7 was more or less done at that point. Adding an extra vote wouldn't do much, so what's the difference if he voted or not? Null tell to me.

Still, because of what looks like some major opportunistic voting on Stranger's part:

Now muerrtos point isnt bad but you say that voting somone for fosing on the first page is totally ridculous and straight after that fos by green cow i thought that was suspicious and so did my partner.

Let me explain why.

On the first page the aim is to vote to try get a response out of people. Now when you are scum you try not to vote so that you stay in everybodies good books which makes you keep quiet. Therefore no body will vote you and therefore scum become safe.

That is why i have seen strangercoug as town since the beginning. Now It didnt make me want to lynch green cow due to the fact that I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town. However for you to vote coug after he made a good point seems absoultly ridiculous to me. Thereofre

vote najd
for now.

ps: love the green cow aviatar
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Now a JDodge wrote:Hello again. Trojan Horse here.

Hmm. I'm guessing Muerto spent at least 10 minutes making that last post, and didn't notice ShadowGirl had been modkilled. But anyway...

Looks like I/we are less than 24 hours from suffering the same fate as ShadowGirl, so I'm going to post again now. Near the end of day 1, I had considered switching our vote to K7 (one contentless post from K7 was bad enough, but two was horrible). But I figured I'd be wasting a post, since it looked like K7 would get lynched anyway. So I held off.

Who to go after next? I'm still convinced that at least one scum tried to take advantage of my early bandwagon. My eyes are still on StrangerCoug and maxwellhouse, who both jumped on my bandwagon AFTER I stepped in and posted some content. (The earlier votes don't bother me as much.) I know at least a couple of my fellow heads want maxwellhouse out, but as for me, StrangerCoug is bothering me more. I guess you could say that we literally have half a mind to lynch Stranger and half a mind to lynch maxwell. :D

After I make this post, I'm going to send a PM to my fellow heads and ask them who they think is the scummiest; I want us to come to some kind of consensus.

In reply to Muerrto:

I'm compromising and

Muerrto, I simply felt that maxwellhouse was scummier than killa seven at that point, and I did not want to go for what I felt turned into a policy lynch bandwagon. We now know that killa seven is town, and I still suspect maxwellhouse for his trying to play the newbie card. In fact,
Vote: maxwellhouse
in case a lynch resets everybody's votes.

Not a JDodge, I failed to understand why Green Cow did not actually vote for killa seven at that post (remember—the bandwagon on killa seven did not yet exist, so I'm not contradicting myself here) if his concern was for wasted. FoS merely says "I suspect you, but don't feel that your actions warrant a vote just yet". That was the only person on his list of suspicion as we knew it at that time. Is the FoS not wasted space too?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:30 am

Post by ting =) »

Uggggggh. Come
on.
I can't believe all those modkills just happened.

Maxwell - you're 24 hours-ish from a modkill.
GreenCow - 26 ish

Mod: Is kabenon getting replaced?

Unofficial vote count:
stranger - muerrto, najd

najd - icemuffin
maxwellhouse - stranger

------

@muf.
Xyzzy said no.

----

I
hate
how najd's vote is constantly changing. Naj posts were completely anti maxwell, but their recent post puts their vote on strangercoug.

Yes, I know you guys are multiheads and that different people made those posts. The whole we're-on-half-a-mind thing doesn't sit well with me. For that matter, every multi's half-a-mind thing doesn't sit well with me. It gives you guys deniability of consequences if a mislynch happens. Urgh.

That said, I like trojan's last post. I would have been suspicious of him for jumping on strangercoug, but najd has been suspicious of strangercoug since day 1. Or at least, trojan. Ugh.

I don't know if this is a ploy or genuine.
---
I'm suspicious of greencow.

This is more gut/elimination than anything. I think strangercoug is more suspicious. Besides the stuff already mentioned:

His recent post says he's suspicious of maxwell for playing the newbie card. The thing is, he earlier already noted that, but he didn't assign any suspicion to maxwell for it. In fact, his reason for originally voting maxwell was not for playing the newbie card at all(his post 2). He's just hopping on Muerrto's and Naj's reasons.

He's already at lynch though, so my vote on him isn't needed.

I'm trying to make up my mind on Najd.

Till then,
vote:greencow.
Just as a marker. I'll switch my vote to either of naj/stranger once I make up my mind.
----

If no else gets 72 hour modkilled, we have 3 lynches to catch scum.
Now a JDodge
Now a JDodge
Townie
Now a JDodge
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Now a JDodge »

dahill here..

@Ting: i agree we should talk some more before agreeing to switch the votes, but i am content with TrojH putting our vote on Stranger, as i agree with everything he said about him. i think it's safe to say that those two are more or less our most suspicious right now. as for the "half-a-mind" thing, we still communicate with each other, and i'm sure we won't miscommunicate to the extent of someone being mislynched because we were arguing with ourselves.
Icemuffin wrote:Ill answer this:

Now maxs last 2 posts have been massive and they have both aswered questions and explained his votes. His logic might not be the greatest considering he is still adding information to votes on the first page but he is trying to get this game going. I have played here for 4 months and never have i seen a newbie who is posting as much as he is turn out to be scum. I see him as newb town.
this has got to be the most crap logic i have ever seen!
first of all,
big post =/= town
. i have no idea where you got the idea that if someone posts walls of text that they are automatically town. basically what you are saying is: his logic is bad, but he makes big posts and big posts are good!! post size is in
no way
indicative of alignment whatsoever, and you clearing him solely on that fact warrants an
FoS: icemuffin
Icemuffin wrote:Now muerrtos point isnt bad but you say that voting somone for fosing on the first page is totally ridculous and straight after that fos by green cow i thought that was suspicious and so did my partner.
i'm a little confused here...do you think NAJ is scummy or Green Cow?
Icemuffin wrote:Let me explain why.

On the first page the aim is to vote to try get a response out of people. Now when you are scum you try not to vote so that you stay in everybodies good books which makes you keep quiet. Therefore no body will vote you and therefore scum become safe.

That is why i have seen strangercoug as town since the beginning. Now It didnt make me want to lynch green cow due to the fact that I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town. However for you to vote coug after he made a good point seems absoultly ridiculous to me. Thereofre

vote najd
for now.

ps: love the green cow aviatar
:roll: seriously...the logic that you are using is fucking mind-boggling to me. "I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town." THAT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYBODY WHO FoS's ON PAGE ONE IS TOWN! Also, your point about scum staying quiet is true in some cases, but if the scum are smart enough, then no they won't lurk the entire game. Just because one is posting a lot and asking questions doesn't mean they can't be scum. furthermore, i don't understand your vote whatsoever. you "cleared" green cow and stranger, but how does that lead to a "therefore it must be NAJ"?
Extreme FoS: Icemuffin
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:20 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

thanks for defending me muf, but i still think you're scummy.
That is why i have seen strangercoug as town since the beginning. Now It didnt make me want to lynch green cow due to the fact that I have seen somone else fos on page one and turn out town. However for you to vote coug after he made a good point seems absoultly ridiculous to me.
i don't feel as if this is quite right. what exactly is strangercoug's good point that you are mentioning? that he told me that the newbie card will stick with me? (i've been done playing the newbie card by the way) that's not exactly a good point. it's more of a "suck it up" deal. why are you defending him so much? and also

person A: FoS
person A = town

person B: FoS
person B = does not necessarily mean town OR mafia

and i would like to hear what's so good about strangercoug's post that is enough to defend him.

So technically they can't do the auto-win at lylo unless they lurk for pretty much the entire game up until lylo. So I suppose it'd definitely more important to watch for lurkers in the early game than it usually is.
i really doubt that mafia would just lurk. since we're at 70-ish posts, still a ways off from 250, the best way for the mafia to be winning would be to spark continuous discussions and spread out the suspicious bubble. the best way for the mafia to win at this point is to make everyone WANT to post while contributing themselves and feeding the fire.

vote: icemuffin

We now know that killa seven is town, and I still suspect maxwellhouse for his trying to play the newbie card.
is there any other reason you suspect me? i've been done playing the newbie card. can you give up new reasons of suspicion?
Green Cow
Green Cow
Townie
Green Cow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Green Cow »

cow here.

note to maxwell: Please put who said each quote so that we know. Otherwise it makes things a bit more difficult.
ting =) wrote:Uggggggh. Come
on.
I can't believe all those modkills just happened.
hmmmm.
ting =) wrote:I'm suspicious of greencow.

This is more gut/elimination than anything.

Till then,
vote:greencow.
Just as a marker. I'll switch my vote to either of naj/stranger once I make up my mind.
Woah, now. Wait just a second. You're voting for us, but you don't find us either of your two most suspicious players? Why are you voting for us, exactly? I haven't seen you having any reasoning for us being scum, and yet you're voting for us. That gets a
FoS
, but not a vote right now.
[quote="Icemuffin]

vote najd
for now.

ps: love the green cow aviatar[/quote]

Ok, I'll try to post some stuff about this right now, but it's really hurting my head to read it. Let's see if I'm understanding correctly what you're saying:
So on the first page you want to vote, but scum don't want to vote for anyone because they want to be on everyone's good side. SC is town because he's voting for a bunch of different people, and I'm town for FoS'ing page 1 instead of voting even though it's not voting for someone, and you said that scum will want to not vote people. What? This makes no sense at all. So SC and I are both town for doing the complete opposite things with regards to the same idea after you've claimed that one way of it is scummier than the other. No sense at all. Also, how the heck does any of that lead to a vote for NAJ? There are other people in the game.

Icemuffin
Icemuffin
Townie
Icemuffin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Icemuffin »

muf:
Ok first off dahill please dont swear at me, I dont care what you say to others as everyones different, but dont say it to me.

Ok, as everyone seems confused ill explain 1 step at a time what i meant.
Green Cow wrote:Hi guys, how are you all doing?
First off,
FoS: killa seven
for making a small post so early. We shouldn't be wasting posts like this, for a few reasons. I won't go into them right now though, because everyone should be familiar with them.
This I didnt like. My vote wouldve gone there if I had more time to post early on to get a response. It just doesnt make sense for a townie to fos on the first page.

Now coug picks up on this which is a good point
StrangerCoug wrote:
Green Cow, I understand your bandwagoning concern, but if short posts concern you as a waste of space, then why are you merely FoS'ing killa seven for it? I don't get it, and you seem overly cautious here.

Vote: Green Cow
Then trojen puts this vote on coug for making a good point which is absoulutly crap reason.
Um, it sounds very reasonable to me for someone to make a FOS in their very first post, instead of a vote. That's not a scumtell to me. Based on having (IMO) a bad reason to vote Green Cow, and based on what looks like an opportunistic vote on me:

Unvote K7
Vote StrangerCoug
As I said in my last post this is why it isnt reasonble to fos on the first page and why it was a good reason to vote green cow
Let me explain why.

and now on day 3 THAT IS YOUR MAIN REASON FOR VOTING HIM. Also the fact that the rest of NAJD agree with him is even stranger.
but i am content with TrojH putting our vote on Stranger, as i agree with everything he said about him. i think it's safe to say that those two are more or less our most suspicious right now.
Now a JDodge wrote:dahill here..

Icemuffin wrote:Ill answer this:

this has got to be the most crap logic i have ever seen!
first of all,
big post =/= town
. i have no idea where you got the idea that if someone posts walls of text that they are automatically town. basically what you are saying is: his logic is bad, but he makes big posts and big posts are good!! post size is in
no way
indicative of alignment whatsoever, and you clearing him solely on that fact warrants an
FoS: icemuffin
Well if you looked at max carfully you would relise that he is a newbie. Now I have seen plenty of newbies who post in massive amounts and ALL of them have turned out town. Thats where i got the idea from

Im sure that a said somwhere that this only applies to newbies. SO THAT THIS IS CLEAR THIS ONLY APPLIES TO HIM SINCE HE IS NEW TO THE GAME. Untill I see a big posting newb be turn out to be scum, then this theory I will believe.

@max Why on earth is your vote on me? Your talking about scum lurking and all of a sudden a vote on me without explination? I really dont want to change my oponion about you cause I hate to be wrong.
i really doubt that mafia would just lurk. since we're at 70-ish posts, still a ways off from 250, the best way for the mafia to be winning would be to spark continuous discussions and spread out the suspicious bubble. the best way for the mafia to win at this point is to make everyone WANT to post while contributing themselves and feeding the fire.

Also it is a very common thing for scum to lurk cause then they go unoticed and dont get lynched.
Answer this question for me? How do we find scum when scum dont even post?
Now it doesnt necessarily apply here since each person has to post every 72 hours. But if they keep quiet to the as good as possible then it will be extremly hard to find scum.

Ok that post almost took me an hour so if that doesnt explain the case then i dont know what will. Feel free to ask any questions.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by strife220 »

Now I understand why the game is balanced. Townies are going to keep suiciding...

Targomofy was Yosarian2. Shadowgirl was Adel. Killa Seven was Mr. Flay. I highly suggest a full name-claim. There's no way it could hurt town, and there's a small chance that scum could get counter-claimed.

Not sure on how to decide on an order though. I'll also say that, despite being a townie, my role is not the name of a player on mafiascum. It's ... very random.

For D2 leads I'm not particularly aggressive for any one person's lynch - even after a quick reread I don't have a major bias. The game mechanics here are putting an awkward spin on the usual strategy - with 5 days between lynches, it doesn't really leave much time for scumhunting.

But enough whining. I like NAJ's content so I'm not hoping on that wagon. I thought Icemufin's last post was reasonably townie, so I'll avoid that wagon. I'm a little hesitant to jump on Maxwell's wagon because he seems like a good newbie mislynch. Under that assumption, I'm going to hop on the StrangerCoug wagon. If Maxwell is town (which... well may not be true), your behaviour fits how I think scum would handle the situation.

Weak case I know. Struggling to find strong scum-tells here. I'll try again tomorrow to find a place to put my vote with confidence.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”