Mini 573 - Darkstalkers Mafia - Game over!

Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #620 (isolation #0) » Sun May 11, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Mokina »

Oh wow. I seem to have inherited a rather sketchy reputation.

Let me go over this, but let it be known that I am a doc/blocker. I am Rikuo, the slimy water-thing, and I create bubbles around other players as a night action. While encased in a bubble, they are unable to perform their own actions, but are safe from harm.

Which means I am either a gimped doctor (protecting cops, etc. is useless) or a gimped roleblocker (blocking a cult leader prevents them from getting shot by mafia).

My predecessor docblocked Alabaska J last night.

I believe Claus has made a false claim. Again, I am going to read over this thread... but my suspicions are on him; it feels like he was trying to quicklynch before a replacement arrived. Either that or we have two docs.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #623 (isolation #1) » Sun May 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Mokina »

@armlx: Ouch. Please give me some time to read over the thread before you kill me. I have a few concerns I'd like to bring up.

Initial Thoughts on Other Players:

Flameaxe looks like a frustrated townie, and the fact that he drew attention to himself by antagonizing everyone else is a null tell... same with the selfvote. The evidence against him is too slim. Not trying to encourage my own wagon, but he's not a likely suspect in my mind.

Same with Armlx. I don't buy Flameaxe's case against him either; it's OMGUS backed up by flimsy meta. He's aggressive and puts pressure on pretty much everyone, but that's the best way to scumhunt.

Drunk Piper looks protown too, and he's taken the other tack. He has a solid record for consistently pushing patience rather than immediate aggression. The post requirement seems a little odd, considering that nobody else has been visibly stuck with one. But again, null tell.

I asked DR about my ability and he replied ambiguously. He tells me that it's "the normal ability of a doc and the normal ability of a roleblocker, combined." If the wiki is to be believed, the Jailkeeper grants nightkill protection, but not cult protection. Presumably, all roles are blocked. Alabaska might be able to tell me whether the target is notified; not sure, though.

Still reading...
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #632 (isolation #2) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:I say nay on the mass role claim. Again, with the whole Gorrad thing I stated, non-vanilla = possibly confirmable night action, it also includes non-action roles with abilities ie. miller, bullet-proof, etc, so I highly doubt everyone is confirmable. Even then, testing confirmability in a cult setting leads to awkward scenarios where the cult has perfect information with which to make their decision as to allow their ability to be "confirmed" or to ensure they aren't caught or what not. Its just awkward all around, even more so then mass claiming vs a mafia group.
Absolutely right.

I, too, believe a mass roleclaim would be a bad plan at this point. The only possible benefit we could gain is to expose contradictions, and clever scum would be able to avoid that easily (or even falsify counterclaims). Plus, with a living cult on the loose (likely), it would be completely possible for cultists to simply claim their normal, supposedly protown roles. Which gets us nothing.

I have another proposal. Pehaps a name claim might be the better solution. We have a full list of possible names, and we have Wikipedia articles on each character. I see no harm in it, and based on my role and Claus' description of his own, flavor
does
seem to play a big part in determining who is assigned which ability. Any thoughts?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #635 (isolation #3) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:
Mokina wrote: I asked DR about my ability and he replied ambiguously. He tells me that it's "the normal ability of a doc and the normal ability of a roleblocker, combined."
Unvote.

:-/

I received the exact very same PM when I asked for clarification.

I don't think the mod would give Mokina this much information for a fakeclaim. Maybe we do have multiple jailkeepers?
I refuse to believe we have multiple jailkeepers. Makes no sense as a setup. Claus' suggestion is naked scum CYA.

Vote: Claus
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #637 (isolation #4) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:
C-C-C-COUNTERCLAIM!!!

vote: Mokina

I am the doc-blocker. I never said I was a doc. I was waiting for you to do this.

You should, like, have claimed cop, or doc, or something.
Lies. You declared yourself the Doc-Blocker in post 597:
Claus wrote: I'm Anakaris (the mummy guy), and I use my coffins to protect people from harm. When S.L. revealed that she new of cults, I asked the mod if my protection included culting, and he gave me an ambiguous answer. So I think I do not protect from culting.
I'm the one doing the counterclaiming. Happy with my vote.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #647 (isolation #5) » Sun May 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Mokina »

I'm going to start compiling name claims, to get the ball rolling.

Ration -Demitri

Confirmed SK. He's the main character of the series, a general maverick badass. Makes a lot of sense for the role... I'm sensing there's a lot to be gained from flavor.

Ooba - Hsien-Ko

Confirmed JoAT. In the arcade game, she pulls a variety of different weapons out of her sleeves based on the situation. Again, the role makes sense.

That's what we have to work with in terms of truth. I believe canonical accuracy is quite important in this game, so here are the nameclaims:

Claus - Anakaris

Mokina - Rikuo

Please add your own. I have a feeling this could be incredibly helpful.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #656 (isolation #6) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by Mokina »

Unvote: Claus

Do not want quicklynch. Claus presents some valid arguments in his favor, and I would like to read them through first and see if I can spot any fallacies.
IGMEOY
though.

I'm slightly concerned about the fact that several people are immediately jumping on the wagon, because if there
are
two doc/blockers, we'll both die (him now, me tomorrow). Caution is the word here, and the mass nameclaim would be a more prudent course of action, keeping in mind that fake nameclaims are hard to pull off with such a small cast of characters.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #660 (isolation #7) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:
Mokina. Stop. And think.

Read 597 again. And again. I never said the word DOC or BLOCK - specially, I never said I had a blocking power in that post.

Consider the possibility of we both having the same role. Specially a jailkeeper role, which is a weakened doctor, on a game where ALL 12 PLAYERS are power roles.

If I'm lying, what would I be?

- not cult recruiter, since the cult probably can't recruit S-level Darkstalkers.
- not mafia because
a- there is no mafia
b- if mafia killed Ooba, what would I be doing targetting
AJ, who doesn't threaten a possible mafia?
c- Mafia wouldn't kill a mafia-harmless AJ with lots of other possible
mafia-harmful powers around.
:goodposting:

I also am quite persuaded by your description of the ambiguous mod clarification. You mentioned the clarification first, saying that you had the normal abilities of a doc and a roleblocker. I happen to have the exact same clarification PM (as mentioned earlier). In the hypothetical circumstance you
were
scum, it is highly unlikely that your fake clarification would match mine exactly.

Looks like we're the same role... and it should have been obvious from the start. We really need to slow this game down. There's a ridiculous frenzy of opportunist-voting going on right now, and it is throwing certain people into a scummy light.

Everyone take a deep breath. Anyone who has real information about a cult should dump it now.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #661 (isolation #8) » Sun May 11, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:If you are either variety of scum, explain how Mokina can be scum with a still living Alabaska. Thats how you confirm her. Either way you flop, she is town unless she mised into saying the exact right thing to get you to confirm her, which is near impossible.

I'm leaning cult on you Claus, as scum targetting Al would have assumed they were walking into a block.
You're missing something. It's quite possible there are two doc/blockers. Sure, I targeted Alabaska and she's still alive... and Claus didn't mention it. But that doesn't immediately place guilt on him. Let's think about this for a bit.

And not post so fast. I'd like to be able to read everything. :)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #678 (isolation #9) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by Mokina »

I will gladly protect/roleblock Claus tonight... unless we're hoping to vig him.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #679 (isolation #10) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Mokina »

Alabaska J wrote:
Mokina wrote:Sure, I targeted Alabaska and
s
he's still alive
Fixed hehe. :D
Sorry 'bout that. Names that end in -a confuse me. Hope you don't get that often.

If Drunk Piper is to be believed, we lynch him today and he turns up scum. I roleblock Claus (presumably the cult leader) and he gets lynched tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the scum make two nightkills. Slightly worrisome.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #682 (isolation #11) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Mokina »

Drunken Piper wrote:The cult was contained last night because of OF/Mok, you want the cult to roam free again?
Wait a minute. You are saying Claus is the cult, but also that I contained Alabaska and the cult didn't spread. I'm not sure of DP's motives here, but I am going to look a little closer. Assuming he's scum, he isn't just going to keel over and die like this. This feels terribly, terribly wrong.
armlx wrote:Fuck it, may as well just say it at this rate. I'll be dead/culted tonight if I don't.

I'm John Talbain, a cop. No specific faction here, which is why I was still suspect of Alabaska post claim yesterday. I have a guilty on Drunken Piper. I debated leaving some kind of bread crumb somewhere but figured I wasn't a high profile kill for the mafia and could afford to not do that rather then have the scum notice and act on it. I was hoping DP would help fuel my suspicions of Flameaxe in some way as well, but that obviously didn't happen.

I was pretty sure of a mafia based on the ambiguity of my role PM as to what alignment I find (just anti-town, not cult/mafia/sk) and even more so once the info was revealed from Gorckat.

And with that, Unvote, Vote DP. I guess cross-blocking is fine as I can assume both resolve in the same layer.
Picture this hypothetical situation, town. Armlx/DP mafia scumpair. They have both seemed protown all day, okay. You want to know why? Because they are going after the cult, just like everyone else.

But now people are talking about a mafia. So armlx pulls a gambit, calls out his own scumpartner while simultaneously shifting attention towards going for the cult. If we lynch DP and he comes up scum (true in hypothesis), armlx will never have to worry about town suspicion
or
the cult again.

Maybe this is completely wild, but... thoughts?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #685 (isolation #12) » Sun May 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:
Mokina wrote: Meanwhile, the scum make two nightkills. Slightly worrisome.
Assuming both lynches are correct, its a 1 cult, 3 town, 2 mafia scenario maximum, more likely 1 cult, 4 town, 1 mafia as quite frankly 5 scum one of which is a cult is excessive. Both of those are winning situations.
Reconstructing game... please wait...

The game began with one cult leader, one SK, and two mafia. A single-person mafia is unlikely, what with "informed minority" and all. That's a 4 out of 12 (or 1:2) scum ratio, which seems perfectly acceptable given the fact that the antitowns may war against each other. That leaves 8 townies.

The first night, there was no SK. The cultist was roleblocked by my predecessor (given that there were two mafiosi, a single block wouldn't prevent a kill) but the mafia shot the JoaT.

Great. Now we have a single cultist and two mafia, plus 7 townies. If we lynch the first mafia and the cult is blocked and protected by me... no extra cultists, but the scum make a nightkill. Probably me.

Townie count: 6

We wake up the next morning, scared... but we lynch the cultist anyway.

Night falls. Scum kill. Townie count: 5

We wake up D4 and have no clue where to look, but we sure as hell aren't going to vote for armlx. He's the cop; we gotta protect him! Someone gets lynched.

Night falls. Scum kill. Townie count: 3

Endgame. Armlx comes up with a fake cop result. Scum win.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #686 (isolation #13) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:
armlx wrote:Ok, DP is the right lynch. He could be lying CL. If he shows scum, Claus gets jailkept and stopped from doing anything.
Vote: DP

The cult-cop can always check me or Mokina up tonight.
I think Alabaska is the cultist. Not either one of us. I protected/roleblocked him last night and the cult didn't spread, so unless there's another roleblocker out there doing good work for the community, I suspect Alabaska's the one.

Other roleblockers who did stuff last night, please claim. I want to get to the bottom of this.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #691 (isolation #14) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Mokina »

Vote: Armlx

Legit townies, please look at my suspicions very carefully. I believe them to be airtight. I cast my vote on armlx today; if he turns up scum, then I will roleblock Alabaska (the cultist) again and Claus can roleblock DP (the other mafioso). Town wins via attrition.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #694 (isolation #15) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:Your scenario is pretty worst case of me being scum, etc. Obviously when it gets to that point you consider other things (and BTW 3-1 scenario is always a no lynch).
Sorry. Town no-lynches, and thus finds out nothing. Armlx fakes a guilty result. Scum win.

There's something seriously wrong with DP's martyrdom.
Claus wrote:
Bzzzt. Wrong.

1- Your predecessor targetted Alabaska. I targetted Alabaska as well.
2- We both said that the mod was ambiguous regarding whether our powers block culthood or not.

IF me OR you are a lying cult leader, the culting was not blocked.
Or if both of us are legit. See? DP's even fooling me. He said:
Drunken Piper wrote: The cult was contained last night because of OF/Mok, you want the cult to roam free again?
He wouldn't know, unless he's the cult leader (unlikely that he'd pull a suicide move, then). Just more scumpair lies.

I'm sorry, but I'm convinced.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #695 (isolation #16) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:Why is Alabaska the cultist again?
I'm really sorry. I just read DP's post and he states that I prevented the cult from spreading. I blocked Alabaska. Leads me to the logical conclusion that Alabaska was the cultist, but I forgot about the fact that a self-confirmed mafioso could also be a liar.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #697 (isolation #17) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote: I don't think Armlx is a fakecop, not just yet. If us two are the only protective roles (and we both agree not targetting Armlx), Armlx is going to be dead fairly soon. A cop living 3 nights until endgame would be fairly suspect.
Makes sense. So we go ahead and lynch DP, a definite mafioso in either circumstance... but let it be known I don't trust armlx any more for it. If there's a real cop out there, they should probably investigate him N2.

So far so good.

Unvote, Vote: DP
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #700 (isolation #18) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:Hmm, DP may have inadvertently revealed something about one of the jail keeps by saying the mafia had a jailkeep safe claim. Not worth worrying about it now though, something to consider later.
No. Let's consider it now!
Drunken Piper wrote:In my mafia PM, I was given two extra “safe” fake claims. One of those fake claims was for a doc/roleblocker the other was for a JoaT. I was planning on using the JoaT claim…that screwed up once we killed the JoaT…
Presumably the safe claim was a character that fit into the Darkstalkers canon as being a jailkeeper
and
that nobody else had.

I know who I am... and if I ever get killed, so will the town.

Immediate, Irrevokable Cult FoS: Claus
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #703 (isolation #19) » Sun May 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Mokina »

Dammit! I keep forgetting that I can't believe Drunken Piper anymore.

Revokes FoS on Claus

If he comes up townie and my convoluted web of suspicions is correct, armlx is going to refer to his previous post and get me lynched. The "safe" fake claims might be complete BS for all we know... there are definitely two mafia, and DP is attempting to direct suspicion towards the jailkeepers as cultists (and, presumbably, away from his scumbuddy). Drunken Piper would not have rolled over and died like this if there weren't another mafioso out there.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #707 (isolation #20) » Sun May 11, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:The issue is that if its Claus false claiming there DP calling him out as CL would be one of the dumbest things possible. That would imply you as a mafia buddy of DP who was trying to fuck up our jailkeeping. Then layers of WIFOM get involved along with outguessing the mod about giving 2 scum groups similar safe claims and......

See, thats why I said consider it later. I want to know if DP is actually mafia before moving along this train of thought.
Check that last bit out.

You claimed to be the cop, having found a guilty result on DP as mafia. Now you "want to know if DP is actually mafia." That means no definite information, noguilty result, no cop powers, and a very scummy-looking armlx.

Happy with my vote on DP, but a big
HoS
on armlx as scumbuddy.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #721 (isolation #21) » Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:Another dilemma to consider: DP said the scum had 2 safe claims. I doubt # safe claims < number of scum so...
...clearly there is more than one scum. It would be foolish to think anything else (otherwise, there are simply two SK's and no mafia). DP isn't the only mafia here.
Alabaska J wrote:Well, some shit certainly has gone down. I am still confused about how I am a cultist. I am not a cultist. Anyway, have the jailkeeper/cultist target each other, have spring look at me to clear any confusion, lynch DP, and we lose armlx/the jailkeeper/no one.
You aren't a cultist, but DP has accused you of being one. He asserted that
Drunken Piper wrote:The cult was contained last night because of OF/Mok, you want the cult to roam free again?
The logical conclusion, given that I blocked you last night, was that you were scum. But I am beginning to suspect Claus for several reasons as cult leader...

I know, epic flipflop between armlx and Claus. Possibly both. But I'd like to see what DP turns up at the end of the day, seeing as he's definite antitown. If he's cult, we have only the mafia to worry about. If he's not, I may very well roleblock Claus "my fellow jailkeeper" N2.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #756 (isolation #22) » Wed May 21, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Mokina »

I roleblocked/doc'd Claus last turn.

We know Claus targeted Alabaska N1. I did too.

If Claus is the cult leader, then Alabaska is probably cult too. I don't think using the doc/blocker ability on the target protects against cult conversion. I'm also not sure what Dead Rikimaru's conventions on cults are; does the first convert become the leader when the leader dies? No clue.

I will continue to try to block cultists. It looks like we have this one in the bag.

FoS: xtoxm
, but do not want to enable a quicklynch.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #757 (isolation #23) » Wed May 21, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Mokina »

gorckat wrote:
Al wrote:Who should gorckat watch?
No one- it was a one shot power.
Oh my goodness. This is gold.

Strong FoS: gorckat
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #758 (isolation #24) » Wed May 21, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Mokina »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:
IMPORTANT!

Demitri's soul is not Resting In Peace anymore.
It now Burns In Hell! :twisted:
Dead Rikimaru wrote: What are RIP and BIH?
RIP stands for "Resting In Peace". It's the default place for dead players.
BIH stands for "Burning In Hell". The name was chosen just for being the popular opposite of "Resting In Peace". Dead players are sent there when their souls are being used for any purpose by other players.
Wonder what that means...

Okeydoke. Claus. My guess is that we're both doc/blockers (jailkeepers, whatever), assuming everyone was assigned a power role. Armed with the information that the townies were given a JoaT at the beginning, that's a distinct possibility. He's also taking a very sensible, anti-quicklynch approach today, adding to his protown post history.

If Claus is not the cult leader, who do I suspect? The fact that armlx wasn't nightkilled looks slightly suspect, and even more so (he claims not to have investigated one of the jailkeepers, which would have been the obvious prudent decision for protowns). He may be mafia... probably not cult, though.
Claus wrote:Man... is this too good to be true?
Yes. 'Tis indeed. Gorkcat has just done something very scummy. He roleclaimed a one-shot watcher power yesterday, but today he tells us he has a positive watcher result on Xtoxm. I won't vote yet (not everyone has had the chance to respond to D2's arrival) but gorkcat could be either faction... probably cult.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #772 (isolation #25) » Wed May 21, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:Mokina, I think you are jumping at shadows a bit too much. We should wait for the information the other power roles have to give us.
What can I say? Skepticism/pressure is a
ba
d thing now? I'm waiting for SL before I cast any votes.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #781 (isolation #26) » Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Mokina »

Apparently, SL has a guilty result on you for CL. Care to claim?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #786 (isolation #27) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Mokina »

SL, if you could elaborate on what you found last night, it might shed some light on the claim.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #788 (isolation #28) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:I don't know about that, Survivor claim is kinda sketchy to say the least. I'm thinking it might be a good ideal to vote the possible cult scum and just jailkeep the claimed mafia tonight.
Also, he didn't mention a concrete "soul requirement" to win, which seems like the sort of thing that would be attached to a Survivor claim. I think it's
very
likely that certain Darkstalkers can upgrade their level using souls, thus moving them to BIH... but I don't believe his claim either.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #789 (isolation #29) » Wed May 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Mokina »

Xtoxm wrote:
armlx wrote:I don't know about that, Survivor claim is kinda sketchy to say the least. I'm thinking it might be a good ideal to vote the possible cult scum and just jailkeep the claimed mafia tonight.
No!!! :cry:

I want to kill...
Xtoxm wrote:i'm the scum blocker
Presumably, Xtoxm can still kill on behalf of the mafia even though he's originally a roleblocker, then?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #791 (isolation #30) » Wed May 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Mokina »

SL, is your ability simple cult-cop, or cult leader only?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #801 (isolation #31) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by Mokina »

Vote: GW

There's a limit to how much BS I am prepared to wade into.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #803 (isolation #32) » Wed May 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Mokina »

Unvote

Fair enough. Let's hear SL out.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #806 (isolation #33) » Wed May 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by Mokina »

GhostWriter wrote:Why do I feel like I'm going to die before I wake up tomorrow for school... And I'm not lying, though that will become apparent when I die and lose.
GhostWriter, this is your chance. Do you have any suspicions about what might be going on, if not a cult discovery?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #816 (isolation #34) » Thu May 22, 2008 1:38 am

Post by Mokina »

Vote: GW

Looks airtight. Will roleblock the declared mafia tonight unless gorkcat wants to simply vig him (in which case we shouldn't protect).
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #829 (isolation #35) » Thu May 22, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Mokina »

Ook. Hammered.

*crosses fingers*
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #837 (isolation #36) » Mon May 26, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Mokina »

Roleblocked our mafioso friend Xtoxm last night, and nobody died. Any news on the cult?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #840 (isolation #37) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:00 am

Post by Mokina »

You
attempted
to kill. Hopefully Claus tried to target the cult leader, but at this point I can't be sure of his jailkeeperosity..
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #845 (isolation #38) » Mon May 26, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Mokina »

Xtoxm wrote:A pro-town player would have known when GW came up non-cult it was better to block someone else.

vote Mokina
I prevented you from making a kill. If I had guessed at the CL and been wrong, they would have gotten a member and you would have gotten a kill. The game would be over now. Happy with my nightchoice.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #850 (isolation #39) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Mokina »

armlx wrote:No, if you had mis-killed last night, the cult would have had to have missed 2 recruits to not have won. Same as a mislynch today, as quite frankly I doubt they did.
Well said. Without further ado...
Xtoxm wrote:Yes. We know that there are some unrecruitable people around.

Me and AJ (S-Rank). And ofcourse, DP, RB and GW. That's 5 unrecruitables. Presumably everyone else is recruitable.
According to Xtoxm, Possible Cultists:

springlullaby
Mokina
Claus
gorckat
armlx

This is probably lynch-or-lose. I'll do a reread and post suspicions.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #857 (isolation #40) » Mon May 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Mokina »

Alabaska J wrote:I think Spring's result is the key to today.
Take it with a grain of salt. She screwed up yesterday.

Don't vote until everyone has had a chance to discuss. Wagons are
bad
at this point. There may be very few legit townies still left, and each member of the town has to think for themselves. In short, don't be a sheep today. Quicklynch is the last thing we want.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #858 (isolation #41) » Mon May 26, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Mokina »

Alabaska J wrote:I have to admit, gorkcat's claim of JoAT followed by another tracking is a bit odd, plus his track was opportunistic (he could have easily faked it). I might be misreading stuff though as I need to sleep and do a reread.
You got tracking and watching confused. No problem; I do it all the time.
gorkcat wrote:armlx visited spring. I tracked him to try and confirm he wasn't cop-ing people based on cult results.
Keep in mind that armlx doesn't know whether he is a mafia cop. His role PM as he described it seemed to imply a general antitown finding ability. Sure, separate cult and mafia cops would be viable in this setup, but I'm starting to feel like armlx is
the
cop.

We await his result, I suppose. At the same time, I would be vary wary of assuming SL is a legitimate cultcop. She was deliberately ambiguous as to whether she found cult members or only the cult leader... check her claim post.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #859 (isolation #42) » Mon May 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Mokina »

EBWOP: Crap formatting.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #884 (isolation #43) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:34 am

Post by Mokina »

Xtoxm wrote:I thought Claus would have had the sense not to block me. Nice move! ;)
But he blocked Armlx! Right choice, Claus... that's probably why he wasn't recruited. I roleblocked Xtoxm, so none of the scum got their night actions.

This seems clear-cut. I had my suspicions of Armlx yesterday, and now they are completely confirmed.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #885 (isolation #44) » Tue May 27, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Mokina »

EBWOP: ...that's probably why the cult didn't recruit, and we're still a live town.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #888 (isolation #45) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Mokina »

Incidentally, armlx, who did you try to recruit last night?

(Doesn't matter in game terms, but I'm interested in your strategy.)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #889 (isolation #46) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Mokina »

Unvote

Wait... it's a trap! Armlx might be a cult recruit!
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #892 (isolation #47) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Mokina »

gorckat wrote:I haven't yet celared all possibilities of armlx either being a cultie taking the fall or there actually being a cultie out there that could win if he makes it to true endgame.
My thoughts exactly. It's a slightly implausible claim that none of Armlx's "recruits" were successful, but it was probably designed to lull us into a sense of safety. Just like DP, the cult isn't going to roll over and die if there isn't a chance at winning.

I'm worried about Claus. He started a wagon under the auspices of a cult resignation, and I don't like it one bit.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #894 (isolation #48) » Tue May 27, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Mokina »

springlullaby wrote:
armlx wrote: Also, when I died all my recruits unconverted, though they didn't know that.
What with the past tense?

That said, on top of what Claus already said, I'm pretty sure armlx is cult because of something he said in another game.

Even though, TOWN, PLEASE DO NOT LYNCH ANYONE AS FOR NOW.

Actually, I'd like us to agree on a 48 hours minimum no-voting phase, so we don't rush into anything, and have the time to review everything.

For instance, Gorckat, how come you didn't see armlx being roleblocked?
Armlx may be cult, but believe his is not our CL. I think he's a minion taking the fall.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #896 (isolation #49) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Mokina »

Xtoxm wrote:Actually, the points you just brought are why DR absolutley cannot end the game early. Even if it is only me and armlx, we'll have to play it out.
Of course. That's why Claus's "resignation proposal" followed by a bandwagon seems a little contrived.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #897 (isolation #50) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:Ok. Then let's do this then everyone:

Propose: Cult and Mafia resign. Town wins.

And just in case the mod does not recognize the request:

Vote:Armlx
(Alphabetical priority).
This post smells like CL, with Armlx taking the fall. Fellow legitimate townies, care to comment?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #899 (isolation #51) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Mokina »

Correct. I'd vote for Claus as prime suspect, but SL's proposal seems sensible. No voting, just talk for now.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #902 (isolation #52) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Mokina »

Claus is the cult leader. He managed to get armlx at some point. Together, they pulled a crazy gambit this morning. First of all, Claus fished for info on N3. Armlx then claimed a cop result, and...
Claus wrote: I roleblocked Armlx.
Mokina has obviously roleblocked Xtomx, since he didn't kill.
Gorckat got a real watcher result N1.
Xtomx has killed flameaxe N2.
Alabaska is clear as per Rogueben.
Armlx wasn't blocked, so his cop result is probably genuine. In fact, all of this is true except for his own action. As such, it's easy to want to join the coming wagon:
Claus wrote:
Propose: Cult and Mafia resign. Town wins.

And just in case the mod does not recognize the request:

Vote:Armlx
(Alphabetical priority).
As mentioned earlier, it's impossible that DR would allow a resignation.

Claus suggests that the cult give up, but also casts a vote. The "alphabetical priority" disclaimer masks the fact that he's throwing his cultie under a bus. That leaves him free to convert someone else tonight, and when we lynch Xtoxm tomorrow, he converts again. Instant cult win, just add water.

I won't vote until everyone has had a chance to talk, but I believe I have found our cult. SL, Alabaska, gorckat... as the remaining innocents, this is in your hands.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #903 (isolation #53) » Tue May 27, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:I roleblocked Armlx.
Almost forgot about that. This claim was, of course, because of gorkcat. If he'd been tracking Claus, he would have seen him visiting Armlx last night.
Claus wrote:Also, i've been thinking there's something dodgy about 2 jailkeepers. Especially when i'm a roleblocker.
QFT; my thoughts exactly when I found out you were a RB.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #910 (isolation #54) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:Gorckat. Suppose that Armlx has a cultie.

We lynch Armlx, then we lynch xtomx. Game is not over. Then we go no-lynch until SL has investigated everyone.

Xtomx can do both at once, but he is can't do any if he is roleblocked. I asked DR that last night, to know if it was necessary that both me and mokina roleblocked him, or just one of us.
Airtight, unless you consider my suspicion that Armlx
is
the cultie...

...I don't know. I've been told I jump at shadows. I'd like to hear from SL.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #911 (isolation #55) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by Mokina »

Suppose for a second it is true. You kill armlx. It is revealed that I'm lying. Mokina roleblocks me tonight, and you kill me tomorrow. What kind of gambit is that? If that was REALLY a gambit, I would be trying to lynch Xtomx, not Armlx.
Fair enough. I would be willing to vote for Armlx and roleblock you if you're lying.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #914 (isolation #56) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Mokina »

...because SL cleared me yesterday...
Stupid. Me.

Town, would a cult population of three win at this point? They'd be equal to the number of innocents, but below half of the total population. I'm hazy about how cults work.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #915 (isolation #57) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Mokina »

We could be looking at a 3 member cult here with armlx, Claus and SL.
Ha! Simulpost. We really are thinking alike.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #917 (isolation #58) » Tue May 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Mokina »

FoS: Claus, Armlx, SL
, with Claus as leader.
Claus wrote:Then we go no-lynch until SL has investigated everyone.
Scumvenient, isn't it?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #922 (isolation #59) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:But Gorckat tracked Armlx to SL tonight, right? So if that were true, the CL is still armlx.
Neh... wrong... if Armlx is a recruited cultie, he could just mafiacop investigate SL as a blind.

Not buying it.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #927 (isolation #60) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Mokina »

please explain to me what is wrong in the

Lynch armlx
- If CL block xtomx
- if not CL block Claus

plan.
D4, cult = 3, townies = 3, mafia = 1.

We lynch one cultie, Armlx. CL still at large.
N4, cult = 2, townies = 3, mafia = 1.

I roleblock Claus, CL. Xtomx kills a townie.
D5, cult = 2, townies = 2, mafia = 1.

We lynch the CL, Claus. SL becomes SK.
N5, cult = 1, townies = 2, mafia = 1.

Xtomx kills a townie. SL kills Xtomx.
D6 cult = 1, townies = 1.

Cult wins.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #929 (isolation #61) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Mokina »

BTW, ignore my speculative PBPA. It's a worst case scenario.
But he's lying when he says his recruits revert to town if he dies. I've never heard of that, and i've been in a few cult games. I think he's trying to protect one or more recruits. And perhaps his power passes on to his first recruited.
Good thinking. More gambit. I doubt there's hand-me-down recruiting, but maybe a headless-cult-becomes-mafia rule. That's much more common.

Come N4, they'd just blame a cult kill on you, Xtomx. That's why Claus pushed me to make a very specific roleblock choice.

N4, cult = 2, townies = 3, mafia = 1.

I roleblock Xtomx. Cult kills.

D5, cult = 2, townies = 2, mafia = 1.

We think we've got it all wrapped up. We lynch Xtomx. Cult wins.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #932 (isolation #62) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Mokina »

Armlx is CL. Claus and SL are recruited culties, a jailkeeper and a cultcop respectively.

Gorkcat can attest that SL was visited by Armlx last night.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #935 (isolation #63) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Mokina »

Cults being able to choose between recruiting and killing is very common.
Nope. Headless cult recruiting is broken. It's not common, trust me.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #936 (isolation #64) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Mokina »

Please notice that each and every one of his suggestions require that you do not roleblock him or kill him ever again.
Not if you're a real jailkeeper ;)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #938 (isolation #65) » Tue May 27, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Mokina »

Gorkcat, are you still a oneshot vig?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #942 (isolation #66) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Mokina »

Neh... proof is good. Way to break my jumping at shadows. You aren't cult, and armed with that knowledge So we lynch armlx today. He comes up CL.

We have two roleblocks and a oneshot vig. We have to block Xtoxm. Alabaska and SL might be recruits with guns.

What do we do?
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #946 (isolation #67) » Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Mokina »

Hey, if Claus is lying, Armlx is the CL. If he's telling the truth, Armlx is CL too.

Sorry about the noise.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #956 (isolation #68) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Mokina »

I didn't block Xtomx. It follows that Claus is a legitimate roleblocker.

Vote: Xtomx
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #963 (isolation #69) » Thu May 29, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Mokina »

Claus wrote:*shakes hand at xtomx* I knew you did it on purpose, xtomx!
I got wise eventually when I realizedXtomx was replying to every single post I made... =D
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #972 (isolation #70) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Mokina »

Good game. Sorry for jumping at shadows.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”