Mini 1856 - This Mafia Game is for pieguyn (Game Over)

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

I am claiming backup innocent child.
this is not a joke or a gambit or whatever, this is a serious claim. the specific function of the role is that if an IC dies and has not used their ability, I'll inherit it (meaning, I don't get anything if an IC dies after they reveal). why am I claiming?

1. I expect that this setup is a huge clusterfuck, and probably role madness, and I want at least some setup-related info on the table early. moreover, I don't mind outing my role since it is not, in fact, a confirmed-town role and besides that it doesn't do anything at all. I don't really have anything specific in mind for where it's possible to go from here, before anyone asks, I just see absolutely no reason it's worth it to not claim.

2. I preempt that if I was to claim this later, people would go "lol nup fake role". to avoid stupid shenanigans, I would rather get it out of the way now.

also,

vote: Aeronaut
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:56 am

Post by pieguyn »

I suspect beeboy is town, and I don't think Nahdia is mafia.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:05 am

Post by pieguyn »

Aero, any reads?

Luna, you mean to say you're disappointed in me? :cry:
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:09 am

Post by pieguyn »

pisskop probably town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:12 am

Post by pieguyn »

I feel like this game is either going to be really easy, or it'll be absolute hell.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:13 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 65, beeboy wrote:I am really confused on how so many people are town reading me.
which town reads concern you?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:15 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 68, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 65, beeboy wrote:I am really confused on how so many people are town reading me.
^
Town
that specific post isn't town, I think, I'm town reading him for something entirely unrelated.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:20 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 71, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 69, pieguyn wrote:that specific post isn't town, I think, I'm town reading him for something entirely unrelated.
Oh but it is!
And i was townreading him since before, so why even bring that up?
no specific reason, I'm just getting a general feel of things.

if your reason for calling the post town is "scum don't question town reads on them", it's one of the easiest things in the world to fake.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:21 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 73, mhsmith0 wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go
This is beeboy as scum. IIRC it's his only scum game so far on MS. it's old so not 100% but MUCH different tone and feel to his posts. Beeboy sounds here like he usually does. Therefore probably just town.
why do you feel so certain making a body-of-work tone call when the game is just barely out of RVS on page 4?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:22 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 78, beeboy wrote:I am not capable of faking stuff like that tho.
Go easy on me pie senpai :<
is this a serious assessment of your own meta?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:39 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 81, mhsmith0 wrote:How certain do you think I am at this juncture? If played w beeboy before, he sounds normal for him, and his scum game didn't. I also took a quick look at gistou but that was a hydra game for him so I'd think less relevant.
the tone and wording of the post suggest you feel pretty strongly about it, and that your stance is for the most part immutable.

I think it's very early to commit to that kind of strong, "sorted and done" stance. one would usually stop to consider that beeboy might have improved his scum game, or that he was able to temporarily break his tone enough to where he could play a genuine-sounding RVS, and probably declare an initial town read on the slot but not be as sure and continue to pay attention to see what he does/look for off notes later before strongly committing to it.

basically I don't think "tone" is a basis for which most people would feel that comfortable declaring a read on someone immediately after the game started.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:41 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 85, Luna Fox wrote:Tee-Hee i know things you dont~
You seem to really like to apply your understanding of mafia globally dont you?
I won't comment any further on this, but I really do not see how this last line was necessary.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 152, drealmerz7 wrote:I vote pieguyn, someone I don't even know, because it's RVS and game is named for him so I figure, hey, a tribute RVS vote!
I'm a girl, ftr.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hoi Luna. what do your reads currently look like?

I saw , but that was about it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 163, Varsoon wrote:Girls can be pieguys ~n.

Pie, on a scale of 0 to 10, how sure are you that there's actually no IC in this game and you got a bum role?
probably like a 9 or a 9 1/2.

where do you intend to go with this?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 166, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 161, pieguyn wrote:hoi Luna. what do your reads currently look like?

I saw , but that was about it.
Somewhere where im townreading everyone except you, drealmers, gamma, aero, dwlee (?) <- pending thing about the masons, Varsoon, Nahdia (she claimed not town so welp), and Wisdom.
And the Cakez townread is more of trusting bee's read.
I think that's about it.

Maybe if i posted my townreads in the usual pretty fashion would've looked less like rollon text.
you think my first-post claim comes from me as scum? I know how vigilant you are with your reads on me, but eeow.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I want to take a look at some of drealmerz' other games to see if I can get a baseline for his play, but if I'm judging him based entirely on his reads, I'm actually pretty ok with him.

I firmly maintain my stance that this game will be either very easy, or absolute hell.

p-edit: I had the same thought about dwlee @Nahdia.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

er, never mind I thought you meant dwlee.

carry on~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #18) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 188, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 181, Gamma Emerald wrote:WOW
FIREBRINGER CAN PISS OFF FOR MAKING ME THINK I CAUGHT A SLIP
I feel like townreading this.
No way a newbie scum player gets this excited about "catching a slip"
I think I agree. I liked his first post to some extent, too.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (isolation #19) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I wanna say Luna might be town?, but I'm not committing to it.

I'm probably just going to rest a bit and collect my thoughts later.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also,

vote: dwlee
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Wisdom was pretty lazy as town in PCB.

(kyahaha~)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 447, pisskop wrote:pie is townish --> not gonna rule out a scum pie just because its their special game. pie you hate being scum rite?
this is correct.

I refuse to let a Luna wagon happen until and unless I have a scum read on her. apart from that, I will be back probably tonight or tomorrow.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:09 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 600, beeboy wrote:Can you explain why Luna is town? Cause this doesn't make me not want to vote her.
I mean, if you wanna be bad at the game, go for it. unless you think I'm bad enough to where my opinion on her (someone who I have very familiarity with) doesn't matter at all?

for the record, I explicitly have not stated or implied anything about my reads from the last 20 pages at all. I don't expect people to blindly follow me, nor have I even tried to detail-read her yet (and I don't half-ass reads. I have no intention of pulling up my really vague read on her from early game and acting like it's the most relevant thing in the game after 20+ more pages), I just ask that you all don't lynch her without me having attempted to firm up a read on her first since I am sure that if she is town I'll be able to figure it out eventually.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (isolation #24) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:13 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 617, pisskop wrote:Please dont use your claim as a justification for your reads.

Why do you think you can divine her alignment?
I'm not using my claim to justify anything, I just have a really high success rate reading her and I would appreciate if you all gave me the chance to do my thing before pushing her to the point of being lynched.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #25) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

@beeboy look at it this way: it's possible Luna is just scum and you've caught her. ok, that's fine. I don't even think it's all that unlikely *if* she *is* scum that you would find her and catch her for the correct reasons, since you've had a pretty OK amount of experience with her too.

however, I am sure you know that Luna is the kind of player who is extremely prone to shutting down if she sees no point in continuing to put effort into the game, so you should be able to see why it's dangerous to build a serious wagon on her unless you feel pretty fucking sure about her being scum. I would rather this not happen, and it's two fucking RL days into the game, which is not even close to enough time to where I would consider it worth it to push a wagon on her, so I would hope you could see the merit in waiting: if you're right and she is scum, then once I've done my thing we'll probably agree, we lynch her and everything is generally easier than if you attempt to force a lynch on her by herself, if you're wrong and she's just town, then having a second opinion isn't a bad thing, no?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

I mean, you were earlier and I've seen this happen so many times I can see the writing on the wall from a mile away.

p-edit: pisskop still town I think, Cakez haven't read. you'll have to wait a bit longer for when I have more time if you want me to go into more detail or if you want me to firm up either of these reads.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@MOD: I'm voting dwlee, not drealm. is that correct?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hoi Luna, how come you're so on edge this game?

I don't ask this as an "I think you might be scum" type of question, so please don't panic. I ask it as an "I want to understand your mindset" question.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 667, Luna Fox wrote:Unless you mean since before my vote on beeboy.
yes, that.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 672, Luna Fox wrote:Basically my mindset has gone from
Beeboy: "Hey I dont believe you're missing posts you're not town"
and me going in my mind "WELL IM TOWN, AND YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE WTH IS WRONG WITH YOU AND THIS STUPID PUSH"
After reflecting on it a bit I remembered beeboy has seen me make mistakes like this multiple times in the past
And so I figured he's just scum.
do you fear that beeboy's push on you will amount to something?

you seemed on edge to me since pretty much the start of the game, even before the whole beeboy/you interaction happened, but if I'm wrong, w/e.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Luna, please respond to when you get a chance.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (isolation #32) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 687, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 676, pieguyn wrote:you seemed on edge to me since pretty much the start of the game, even before the whole beeboy/you interaction happened, but if I'm wrong, w/e.
Huh, not really.
did you fear that beeboy's push on you would amount to anything?

I'm also a bit curious why I don't seem to be a high priority sort for you this game; is it because I haven't been here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (isolation #33) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 719, beeboy wrote:Moving on ALSO involves drealz votes.
I'm not sure if I'd endorse a drealz wagon right now, ftr. it would help if someone would pitch me a case so that I'd have something to chew on while I finish reading the game in depth.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by pieguyn »

so here's a point I want to make about Aero's miller claim: I think he definitely true claimed his *role*, and GIF has told me in a private convo a while back when discussing mod practices that it was unlikely he would ever use a mafia miller in a game because he sees no point in it as a role. the thing is, this is a game that was apparently designed entirely to fuck with me.

if I'm being honest, I actually feel a bit more comfortable thinking a level above that and considering the miller claim as town because GIF would expect me to see it and think "o god, GIF put a mafia miller in the game to fuck with me", but that's pretty unreliable.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (isolation #35) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 729, Gamma Emerald wrote:Isn't a mafia miller just a fancy goon
mafia miller exists entirely to fuck with the site policy of "millers are town" while being confirmable; in terms of how it investigates to cops, it would be the same as a goon.

p-edit: yep.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't have the same "Cakez' reads are ridiculous" feeling i had when he was scum in magical girls but i am not sure if what i felt there was a result of his alignment or of the dynamics between me and certain other people in that game (i.e., a result of him attempting to push the person who i mostly unconditionally trusted that game)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 796, Luna Fox wrote:But since beeboy's kinda revenge heavy on me since Gistou I'm assuming this is his way of getting revenge.
is this something that he told you directly or is this something you're inferring based on what you'd expect him to do?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Luna is town, I think. beeboy is also town. I'm sorry I had to let this get to this point, but it is what it is.

I might revisit this later, but at the moment I feel pretty good about it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 844, Luna Fox wrote:Everyone townreading beeboy is scum
Everyone scumreading beeboy is town.
There.
Luna, I really really really don't think beeboy is scum. I'm pretty sure you know that I'm not just going "oo huge argument, T/T", too, since you have seen how much I detest when people half-ass reads and do that to me without actually attempting to read and assess my posts first.

I'm half distracted atm and I know I won't convince you with half distracted thoughts/explanations/whatever, so give me a bit and I'll go more in depth on it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 853, beeboy wrote:I am sorry Luna I seriously don't have a memory of saying but I am guessing I probably did given your reaction and I probably messed up my scum read on you as well.

Can we please just drop this?
can I just say I told you so? because I sure as fuck told you this was going to happen.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I would rather a lynch not occur before I actually have a chance to sit down and do shit in this game. thanks in advance.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 872, pieguyn wrote:I would rather a lynch not occur before I actually have a chance to sit down and do shit in this game. thanks in advance.
I would like an explicit agreement for this.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 887, Nahdia wrote:do people really feel the need for this circus to continue for another 10 days

let's just lynch something and all cool off for a nice relaxing 48 hours.
thing is, if we do this and especially if it's a town lynch I'm probably dead overnight and I do not want this to happen without me having had a chance to actually start doing anything at all in the game.

I don't have any intention of dragging this out the entire 10 days, so I do not see how this is an unreasonable request.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #908 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 901, SirCakez wrote:But it just feels so obvious at this point to me that dreal is being pushed by scum
this is a thought I have had too, ftr, and I think Cakez-kun's read on Varsoon and his progressions surrounding it were actually pretty town as far as reads on him go.

p-edit @mhsmith0: Nahdia strikes me as a very orthodox scum player in that they largely attempt to look town through orthodox means: they try to make sense, they try to sound genuine tonally, and based on the game I modded where they were scum, they don't seem to take many long-term risks unless it's necessary for them. thus I feel mostly sure they wouldn't attempt to employ the "claim third party" strategy as mafia, which is a very out-there play that could potentially draw attention onto them for no real short-term gain, and so I'm not particularly worried about them.

I could be completely off on my assessment of their play and if this is the case I'm open to correction, but I don't think I am.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

though now that I think about it, all of that kinda goes out the window if you consider the possibility that they just decided "fuck it, this game is special so I'll do something crazy", so I suppose that is one scenario where I could see it being a thing. dunno how likely that is though
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 904, Wisdom wrote:yeah but maybe she just waited for an excuse for it to happen

I dont know, i feel that even for stubborn luna shes gone too far where i could see such a motive
don't agree with this, btw.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Cakez-kun saw a significant momentum swing onto someone who he thought was 1. probably town and 2. a really easy target for scum to push. assuming there's scum somewhere in it isn't "lining up lynches", it's completely understandable.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

frankly, if I was to lynch drealz, it wouldn't be for anything beeboy is posting about him, most of which I find silly; it would be mostly because I'd feel like an idiot if I failed to listen to my kindred spirit for the third fucking game in a row.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 973, Wisdom wrote:Dont you think scum cakez could easily make the same sort of comment on two votes on a percieved lynchbait?

I dont like the certainty in it, why couldnt both votes be town, especially if he thinks dreal is likely to attract town votes?
I feel like he probably could. I don't feel that it's a completely unreasonable logical leap to make as town, which is what you'd have to believe to push it as a scum tell and is what dwlee was attempting to push.
In post 974, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 971, pieguyn wrote:... it would be mostly because I'd feel like an idiot if I failed to listen to my kindred spirit for the third fucking game in a row.
explain?
see what Nahdia said about me in their reads list.

if I'm going by my own reads, I don't have a scum read on you, it's just that my kindred spirit is someone whose reads I hold in pretty high regard after my last two games with them.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #982 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 981, Wisdom wrote:pie, what do you think of varsoon?
he could easily be scum.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 984, beeboy wrote:I don't think Drealz not responding to me for 20 pages makes me 100% sure he is scum.
I literally just don't care if he gets lynched if he doesn't want to play mafia.
yes, yes, let's lynch someone because they play in a way that pisses me off, even if they're not more likely scum for it. that seems like a great fucking idea!

almost as good as that one time where I went out of my way to piss someone else in the game off, while ignoring the person who can read them telling you to back off and leave her to them!

:roll:
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1013, beeboy wrote:I would still say it is more likely he is scum for doing it, it is just something scum do much more often then town.
no, it really isn't, and I hope it's obvious to anyone watching that "he's ignoring me, he's scum!!11" is a really shallow reason to scum read someone.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (isolation #53) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vote: Varsoon
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (isolation #54) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:53 am

Post by pieguyn »

i have a post i want to make when i'm back home in ~2 hours. please, for the love of god, do not fucking quick-lynch before i can do this
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (isolation #55) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

the two people who i want to focus the absolute most on right now are {dwlee, Varsoon}

a lot of dwlee's reads don't feel naturally formed; they feel like they're designating scum reads and coming up with reasons to push them afterward. the read on drealz is one example of this: it amounted to drealz being scum for "noise", which is a kind of push i hate because it's entirely to do with policy and nothing to do with his actual play; there's nothing in there that suggests dwlee is actually attempting to sort and think critically about drealz, it's the kind of thing scum focuses on when they want to give the impression that someone needs to die because they're not playing optimally. arguments like that are usually really safe arguments to push because it's really easy for town players to get pissed off and say "fuck it, i agree" instead of thinking too hard about it - and even if they don't, people usually don't fault the aggressor for pushing them because what they're saying is (objectively) true

the read on Cakez-kun i don't take quite as much issue with, but i still don't think his interpretation of the post (second quote in ) is all that great. lining up lynches is definitely a thing scum does, but it isn't what Cakez-kun was doing - what Cakez-kun was doing was seeing a notable momentum shift onto someone he thought was town and making the assumption there had to be a scum on it. i don't think there's anything unreasonable there and i don't see why that would catch anyone's attention to that extent unless they had a previous scum read on the slot, which i don't think dwlee did

a lot of this also has to do with timing: all of their scum reads/pushes (drealz, Gamma, Cakez-kun) have mostly appeared along with these people becoming leading/viable wagons. i think they're also being not very proactive in terms of explaining their reads in general, their reaction to Gamma () and their Cakez-kun read being two examples of this - that was pretty much all of the effort they put into explaining either of those reads, and in particular, for Cakez-kun being a strong enough read to vote, there was... like... no effort beyond the one post they called out to actually push or question or refine the read on him. i don't get the impression they're interested in pushing anything besides targets they know they can safely push

Varsoon's play has just been shit and i have a scum read on him purely based on the fact that i don't think he would be this shit-awful at the game as town. a lot of the time he tends to make crazy-sounding posts as either alignment, but what i really hate about him here is the fact that there is absolutely no breadth to his play. pretty much all he's done has been sitting there and hard pushing drealz and Aero for pretty awful reasons. i've seen him be stubborn about reads before, but there is absolutely no depth of thought to either of these reads: drealz is scum for "noise" and for "dodging a direct question about his alignment" (what???), Aero is scum because "his claim" and that's basically the extent of all of his pushes this game. having a strong scum read that you want to push more than other people is one thing, this is another... there's no critical thinking here and no unilateral questioning that suggests he's even trying to pay attention to anything else in the game outside of the two pushes he wants to make: it isn't someone scum hunting, it's someone finding things to latch onto and nitpick over in order to generate content. i've seen and been town who has had strong scum reads and while yes, you want to make sure there is absolutely no way anyone else gets lynched, you don't just fucking ignore everything else in the game, you at least attempt to form reads outside of your strong scum read.

i had doubts about this, but then when i asked for people to give me time to post content, he responded with ... you just do not end the day phase in less than 4 RL days when there's someone who has done nothing who is explicitly saying that they want to be given a chance to do things before the day ends, that's just common fucking sense, and i am sure that Varsoon is not so completely dense that he would ignore this. more than anything, i really just don't see him being this awful here... i know Varsoon can be can kind of crazy sometimes, but he's not completely fucking dense like he is here.

i think probably the third scum is somewhere in {pisskop, drealmz, mhsmith0}, mostly just because i have way too many town reads elsewhere - and if i had to commit i would say mhsmith is the most town out of this group, but i wouldn't bet on it

tl;dr Varsoon is a much better lynch than drealz, and *if* drealz is lynched and flips town, i want at the very *least* both dwlee and Varsoon to die in the fires of hell. if he's lynched and flips scum, honestly i still think we'd have a pretty good shot at hitting scum there anyway since he seems like a rather obvious bus target and i still just have too many town reads elsewhere

i suppose this means i don't have much of a reason to stop a drealz lynch, but... /shrug
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (isolation #56) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

Aero is someone who i could also see as scum. i have a very slight town lean on him because his catchup was pretty OK as far as quote-wall catchups go, and i didn't mind the follow-through push on the Varsoon read (a lot of the time scum will just stand there and quote a bunch of posts but never actually put any serious effort into making any of their pushes go anywhere), but i'd probably reevaluate him first if i'm going wrong somewhere.

if i die overnight, don't get distracted by lynchbait like Cakez-kun or Gamma tomorrow - {dwlee, Varsoon}.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (isolation #57) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:07 am

Post by pieguyn »

also, for the record, there were a few things earlier in the game that concerned me about Luna, but i feel mostly sure that she's just town after her interaction with beeboy.

there is a part of me that is paranoid that what she's doing here is an attempt to emulate her usual "strong conviction" style of play (a la what i did in badass women) but it is not significant enough to where i would worry about it before LYLO
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (isolation #58) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1140, beeboy wrote:Sounds good!

I took out the right section of that post ^_^
how about you actually read the entire post and quit being fucking awful at the game?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (isolation #59) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

before we go to night phase, Luna, what do your scum reads outside of beeboy look like?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1146, beeboy wrote:I did actually but I don't feel as though Varsoon and Drealz can be scum together and I feel more confident that Drealz is scum compared to Varsoon.

I would vote Dwlee but I actually want to see momentum head in that direction first.
i think you're wrong. i think that at the very least, Varsoon would be more than open to a hard bus on D1, for a bunch of possible reasons (i.e. he might have seen drealz blowing over like a lead balloon and figured "fuck this, there's no reason to defend him", he might have done it as a conscious choice to bus, he might have just done it for shits and giggles because he's Varsoon). is it something on drealz's end that makes you think this?

i was voting dwlee for quite some time earlier, i just hadn't explained the read at all so i wasn't expecting it to go anywhere. if enough people seem receptive to it i would be willing to go there today
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (isolation #61) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:34 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1147, Dwlee99 wrote:Pie you really have no clue how to read me. I dont do any of the things you mentioned when I roll scum. Or if I do theyre definitely not alignment indicative. I am gonna be "responsible," do my homework that I need to, take a break from league and play this game tonight.
i don't think anything i wrote has anything to do with play style but if you want to correct me go ahead
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (isolation #62) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:34 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1150, Nahdia wrote:UNVOTE:
where are you currently leaning?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (isolation #63) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:41 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1161, Dwlee99 wrote:I was having trouble forming reads and drealz's posting was absolute garbage and total noise. I'll give you the last sentence cause you're right I haven't put everything into this game but I think you're smart enough to know effort =/= being town and low effort =/= being scum.
um... posts like don't seem to imply that it's a "having trouble forming reads" thing, that seems like it would imply "I have a scum read on you because you're generating noise for scum to hide under". the rest of your treatment of him this game, like... the fact that he appears to be your preferred lynch... implies the same thing. I also think that you're a smart enough player to know that "noise" does not necessarily mean scum and that's a large part of why I don't like the fact that you have focused on it the entirety of this game day without attempting to refine the read any further - it isn't about high effort or low effort, it's that I don't buy that you would just declare "scum because noise" and leave it at that.

if you think the actual content in his posts are garbage irrespective of how noisy they are, I'd like to hear why (my read on him based on his posts is almost entirely null since I can't parse them at all). if I'm wrong in my interpretation of your read on him and you mostly just wanted him out of the game, I'd like to hear what your current picks for scum actually are, since that's another issue in itself (if you need a bit of time to read the thread and answer this that's fine).
In post 1161, Dwlee99 wrote:That can be a thing could push because of those reasons but you're just fitting it to a scum narrative. You say "this argument is safe to push" and "people usually don't fault the aggressor" and then attach a scum agenda to it. Conditional probability: If someone is scum they are likely to push these arguments. But someone pushing these arguments does not (necessarily) make them more likely to be scum.
the main bulk of my issue is what I wrote in the first paragraph of this post and this is why I don't think the read is likely to come from you as town. the fact that it has advantages for scum is just an extra benefit that makes me think it is something you would reasonably do (I am sure you know that if you can't figure out the scum motivation for something, you likely should hesitate to push it as a scum tell even if you're not sure they would do it as town)

I'm curious as to what gives you the impression Varsoon is a low-effort player this game. besides that, if you want me to explain a specific read, feel free to ask.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (isolation #64) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:03 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1182, Wisdom wrote:also lets get a hammer
how about you all quit being stupid and acting like it's unreasonable for people to want to spend more than half a RL week in this game day? both mhsmith0 and Nahdia have, at this point, openly expressed that they don't want to rush this day, and I feel the same way.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (isolation #65) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1186, Wisdom wrote:if it wasnt for her claim id be thinking pie is scum
you know as well as I do that it's really toxic when games drag out the entire 14 days every single game day. I completely understand that this is a bad thing, and that you want to end today early because you do not want to see something like that happening in this gamestate.

what you're doing, though? is the exact opposite problem. you're attempting to cut off days before people are able to actually form meaningful and clear reads, which is as bad as dragging days on endlessly for no reason.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1193 (isolation #66) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:25 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1178, Dwlee99 wrote:Because he isn't saying anything. He's just sitting there and saying random stuff. Noise is garbage.
this is the part that I take issue with.

drealz is a really erratic and noisy player, but it *isn't* true that he doesn't have any content anywhere in his posts. he is forming reads, taking stances, and so forth, even if there's a lot of erraticness in his posts and even if he isn't the most cooperative player.

a town approach, I would expect to be actually reading his posts and what they contain and analyzing it in some way or another, even if they still come out of it with a scum read (what for instance beeboy is doing even if I don't agree with most of his reasons). what you did, on the other hand, was you said "his posts are nothing but noise, so he's scum" - you're either missing or deliberately ignoring what his posts actually contain and writing it all off as just "noise", and no, you not being here does not have anything to do with this. even when you were here and present in the game thread, for about the first ~2 RL days of the game, his posts had at least some stances and reads in them.

if you had trouble forming a read on his posts early in the game, that's fine, but once you catch up I would like you to actually attempt to read the content of his posts and form an opinion of him that isn't just about "noise = scum".
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (isolation #67) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1190, beeboy wrote:He is at L-2 and literally no other player is expressing any interest in voting him. Maybe Nahdia and Luna but I don't really think they will.
for the record, if people don't want to lynch Varsoon for whatever reason and {people don't want to lynch dwlee, he towns sufficiently} I would vote drealz.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (isolation #68) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1196, pisskop wrote:Pie, can we niot lynch dwe or varsoon today? :|
both Varsoon and dwlee look significantly worse than drealz to me, so... /shrug

drealz is likely going to end up happening if Varsoon doesn't, but if you want to Take a Third Option, feel free to sell me on it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1202 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1200, pisskop wrote:Like pie
?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1204 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

cancel my Luna read for the time being. I'm being eaten alive by paranoia and I need to think about it more.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

:/

assuming that's fake, I'm putting a note here reminding myself that I should not get weirded out on Luna again for the rest of this game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1215, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 1204, pieguyn wrote:cancel my Luna read for the time being. I'm being eaten alive by paranoia and I need to think about it more.
What in particular is making you feel paranoid?
is this about the
attempt to emulate her usual "strong conviction" style of play (a la what i did in badass women)
bit you discussed in ? or something else?
i was honestly just really struggling to think straight about her. i initially wrote her interaction with beeboy off as town when i saw it and then i started to get the sense that there was something horribly wrong. it wasn't the only thing that i got that sense with, either.

i'm usually really slow with my reads on her when i am not 100% certain that she is town and when i need to carry the torch in terms of reads on her
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

oh geez.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1304 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i honestly don't really care about neighborhood interactions in terms of reads.

i still have significant preference for a Varsoon lynch over a drealz lynch but honestly at this point i feel like saying "fuck it" and just making every one of

{drealz, Varsoon, dwlee, pisskop, Aero}

dead in some way or another. i still don't particularly think Cakez-kun is scum and i don't particularly think mhsmith0 is scum but i would probably lynch him if it *really* came down to it, i.e. i would probably assume the remaining person in the neighborhood is clear if two scum flip from the neighborhood

everyone else is strong town

/shrug
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (isolation #75) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't have any form of town read on those five players, i don't think Cakez-kun or mhsmith0 are scum and i think the remaining players are almost certainly town

i'm rapidly finding i'm running out of room for my town reads, but i'm not exactly sure on who in the remaining players is scum even though i think some (you) are more likely than others

p-edit: @Varsoon
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't understand why Varsoon and pisskop are attempting to ask me why my thoughts on people like pisskop or Aero are "changing".

the town sense i got from their posts is still there. that hasn't changed, at all. i still think pisskop's early posts were somewhat town and i still don't particularly think Aero's posts look all that much like scum either. just, too many people elsewhere are more town and so i don't have *that* strong a town sense from their posts as i do other people

i think there are some things that are probably true, i.e. if Varsoon is scum i doubt Aero is scum with him, and if drealz is town Varsoon *at least* needs to die ASAP, but i don't feel particularly good about my reads atm, hence why i'd rather just make everyone there dead and go from there

also, sidenote, i'm kind of paranoid that the recent pages have been "scum flooding the thread" sort of pages in that there have just been a completely ridiculous amount of posts. it's making the thread almost impossible to keep up with
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Wisdom, I want to respond to you with why I think Cakez-kun is town at some point; it's just that it's a read that's kind of difficult to explain since there's a lot of timing and context involved, and bouncing back and forth between rereading past posts and trying to keep up with current posts is actually hell.

I firmly maintain my stance that scum are attempting to flood the thread right now, and I think Varsoon's questions look a lot like busywork.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by pieguyn »

this setup seems to be pretty obviously role madness. setup speculation based around this being anything that is not role madness should cease and desist, and so should any form of "not lynching this because this person is a PR", including what seems to have happened with drealz.

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1552, Luna Fox wrote:Like I literally cant believe beeboy's town and just trying to anger and provoke and trying to find every single mistake i make.
frankly, I'm with Luna on this.

beeboy, the way you're approaching this has gone beyond all reason. Luna is really, really obviously not scum, and I cannot believe that you can't see that even if you *are* right and she somehow is scum that pushing her is completely unproductive; she isn't getting lynched and all you're doing here is perpetuating this huge shitfight you two have going on that is flooding the thread with noise and making it exhausting to read. you have got so caught up in your mutual push on her that you're losing sight of what's actually happening: that she is displaying incredibly genuine frustration towards you and an incredibly genuine deep-seeded-to-the-point-that-it-consumes-her-entire-self belief that you are scum. I get that Luna is capable of being a really fucking dangerous scum player and I get that you think you have to shut her down right the fuck now or she won't ever be shut down. I was hesitant over my read on her for the same reason, but the reality is... she just isn't scum.

you have a town read on me. if you're town, please just fucking work with me here and set this aside from the time being; I am sure that if you do this and quit provoking Luna in every fucking post, it will become a lot more clear what your motivations actually are and she will come to realize what is going on.

Luna, I 100% agree with you that the way that beeboy is approaching the read on you is incredibly stupid, but I am almost positive that this is just him having gone into his crazy-tunnel mode that he has a tendency to do. I'm telling you this as a close friend, not a mafia player. if he reads this and ignores me, then OK, you might actually be right that he's doing it deliberately and I will help you lynch him into the fucking ground (beeboy, take note of this), but I *really* do not think that is what is going on here. I think it's what I said: that he's caught up in his read on you and he's paranoid that he needs to stop you right the fuck now or you'll neutralize him and go on to wreck the entire game. I've been there before, I have felt it, and trust me, it can cause people to go pretty fucking insane; I am sure that you have felt it too and it's a very good thing to have that skepticism *when* the person in question is actually scum, but when they're town it often leads to situations exactly like this.

so, just for now, can you please just put this to rest for a few days? we can come back to it if it's still a problem then, but I *really* hope that at the very least that beeboy will listen to me if he's town and then we can talk about it with no distractions.

please?

also (putting this into the same post) I think there's a very high chance your idea about tit-for-tat style role distribution is correct, just based on what I would expect GIF to do if he was to put a bunch of backup roles into the setup, but that is just speculation - I would not make any assumptions based around it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1569 (isolation #80) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (isolation #81) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1572, Dwlee99 wrote:Why is pie still scum reading me
i am not but at this point i largely just want to make all of {drealz, Varsoon, you, Aero, pisskop} dead and sort it out later. there is also the fact that my kindred spirit wants it

i feel almost certain about all of my strong town reads but besides that i do not feel good about my reads atm
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1575 (isolation #82) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1573, beeboy wrote:@pie ok I will drop it.
promise?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

yeah. :/

unfortunately, I think it had to be said or there was no way he'd ever convince himself to back out of it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 am

Post by pieguyn »

Wisdom, first off, pay attention to my posts. I thought it was pretty clear that was the point where Luna solidified her position in my strong town pile; my paranoia of her was because I just had this sick gross feeling that there was something terribly wrong about some of her posts and I managed to convince myself that her interactions with beeboy up to that point were fakeable and I wanted more time to think and (if necessary) reassess her posts more rigorously, but then after the last round of interactions where she did the fake suicide bomb that paranoia dissipated pretty much entirely.

second, you've been asking me why Cakez-kun was town. more than anything, I don't get the sense that he's bullshitting reads here: I'm aware that it's easy to make up a viable sounding scum read when someone is playing really off (zakk in magical girls), but there's a difference between someone who isn't sure how to make viable pushes save one read they can spin genuine content out of and someone who is unilaterally making sensible pushes and catching onto sensible things.
In post 116, SirCakez wrote:Dwlee could be scum
opening up the game feeling out dwlee is a pretty good sign to me because when I'm scum and I need to make up a read on someone who I have an extensive history with, I'm not particularly inclined to push them out the gate immediately unless I feel sure I'll look more town off it and that I can execute it properly. when I'm scum, I'm looking for allies; early in the game is when people are forming first impressions and biases about people and there's no real reason to risk cutting yourself off that early unless you feel sure that it won't happen or that it'd be more advantageous for you even if it does. the read here does not read as a token push either, given he continued pushing it for quite a while.
In post 406, SirCakez wrote:Dwlee I get where you're coming from, it just makes no sense
Like how is that post going to get you and PK 1v1ing?
In post 412, SirCakez wrote:Yeah? That's not going to cause a fight between you two.
this is the continuation of the dwlee push; I thought the reaction here was pretty reasonable and it lined up with my opinion of dwlee's assessment of Cakez's posts.
In post 582, SirCakez wrote:Varsoon is scum who doesn't want to give up his push because he'll look bad me thinks
Cakez-kun has a lot of posts like this about Varsoon that resonated with me very strongly; another post that I liked a lot was , which again is basically exactly the same reaction I had, and most of his other posts about Varsoon in general, really. I get that this isn't a rock-solid reason for a read (esp after zakk in magical girls), but I definitely feel a lot more comfortable using this line of reasoning when it's about Varsoon (someone who I know and have read and I can see for myself that he is playing way off from how he does when he's town) than someone like zakk who I had had no previous experience with at the time and when it's consistent with how I feel about his other pushes (dwlee).
In post 854, SirCakez wrote:
In post 814, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: SirCakez
In post 846, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: drealmerz
Also let's talk about how opportunistic this is
No posting from gamma, just hopping on wagons whenever
In post 868, SirCakez wrote:Actually I could go with a gamma wagon
That vote hopping was scummy as shit and I can't remember why I town read him
this is a spur-of-the-moment type of thought that to me is something scum would be less likely to think about than town. town-him at this point sees what he thinks is an awful wagon, is paying very close attention to the ways people are acting around the wagon and how people are joining/reacting to it, and you can see this manifest in how he throws out his previous read on GE slot and reverses it out of nowhere; scum-him is WK'ing a drealz flip for the end goal of gaining town cred from it and would be less likely to think to replicate a subtle thought process like this, and even so, he would likely be more focused and want to maintain a more solid appearance instead of making it look like he's all over the place with reads and going around provoking GE for not much of a reason (even if GE had voted him, pushing back on him wasn't a necessary push to make at all).

^ right here is when I became mostly certain that Cakez-kun was town, and apart from that, I remember scum-Cakez in magical girls being just generally really cagey about his reads and again I don't get that impression here; the way he's pushing e.g. Varsoon and you in this game just feels a lot more fluid. I don't really think I need to pull quotes for this.

I don't have any issue with his treatment of the drealz wagon on a general level, either; there's a consistent amount of effort that he's putting into derailing it, asking other people what they think about alternate options (Varsoon), that kind of thing, so at the very least *if* he is scum he is not just treating it as a token opposition. this is not a particularly strong tell since scum players who know how to WK properly should not just be token-opposing wagons and will be in it for the long haul if they choose to WK a wagon, but again, he seemed to be really cagey in magical girls as scum, so I do think that I am somewhat likely to be correct in thinking about it as a town tell.

I would like to hear an actual response to my Varsoon read as well if you're just going to claim I'm "not saying anything about it".
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1626 (isolation #85) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1625, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Pie: thoughts on this post?
can see it coming from him as either alignment.

I have seen your assessment of the post, I think you're probably just reading too much into it. if I was to scum read him it would be for other reasons.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (isolation #86) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

o my kindred spirit, how do you feel about making Varsoon dead?

I have your back on dwlee, but I feel like making dwlee dead today is just going to be impossible unless you and/or me really takes point on it; I'd be more than willing to come back around to it tomorrow if we go elsewhere today either way.

Luna, beeboy, and GE, same question.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (isolation #87) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hey Wisdom, if you actually managed to get Cakez-kun lynched and he flips town (which he probably will), what will you do?

will you actually step back, see exactly how shit this wagon is, and admit you had no leg to stand on and that scum are capitalizing on it? or will you just ignore it and whine "but he was scummy!"?

~
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (isolation #88) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I also want to draw attention to how the drealz wagon fell apart.

drealz was at L-1 for quite a bit, then he softed/claimed nurse and how his wagon is nowhere to be seen. OK, whatever, but the thing is: I explicitly pointed out in that drealz' claim was not a town claim and that "keeping a PR alive" was a really shitty reason to disband the wagon, due to this being a role madness setup. this was some time after the wagon disbanded, and so I would expect that the people who had a strong scum read on the slot would see it and think something along the lines of "o wait, that wasn't a good reason to disband the wagon" and move back onto him.

what's happened? nothing.

there are some people for whom this would be fine, but Varsoon in particular has just completely fucking fell flat when it's come to drealz recently: if you compare his posts in the first half or so of the game about drealz to everything he's done recently, it's completely different. I would expect that with the knowledge not to focus on claims, he should have come back out full-force in similar vein to how he pushed drealz early in the game, since without the claim, it's just a matter of drealz' play, which he has thoroughly hated. but now Varsoon is scrambling onto the Cakez lynch and has had no signs of any serious push on drealz for the past 400 posts now.

in fact, there's a whole momentum shift of people who have just let the drealz wagon be after collapsing, despite the collapse not being well-reasoned, and pisskop's vote is also catching my eye.

I don't think this is fucking natural, not at all. I think that the drealz wagon was a bus that scum couldn't leave, and now that they have an opportunity to actually mislynch town, scum are scrambling to take it.

now, predictably, drealz will invent some reason to push Cakez and Wisdom will continue to oppose every wagon that might result in a scum lynch
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1651 (isolation #89) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1650, pisskop wrote:If you think wis and drealz are scum then drealz flipping scum will sink wis.

otherwise its preflips
i think Varsoon's play has just been shit in general, so i would lynch him even outside of how he relates to drealz. i would lynch drealz, but i would not lynch Wisdom before drealz - i think he just has the most backwards reads in the history of the game
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1659 (isolation #90) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1653, SirCakez wrote:Inb4 the hood is just their scum chat
heh

i actually was tossing up a theory that the neighborhood is 3 scum 0 town, because in a previous game i was in that was modded by GIF, he put a neighborhood that was 2 scum 0 town and everyone in the game, myself included, was really pissed off over it

but i don't know if he'd do something so blatantly obvious with this setup

if anything he might have just RNG'd it, so i'm not reading too much into neighborhood distribution except that i'm not sure if he'd *actually* make it 3 scum 0 town, although now that i think about it i wouldn't even bet on that anyway
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1663 (isolation #91) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by pieguyn »

who is that directed to?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1668 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1666, pisskop wrote:
In post 1663, pieguyn wrote:who is that directed to?
Im commenting that cakez posting is entirely related to who is on his wagon
i don't even think this is true tbh but even if it was it isn't a scum tell. pointing out votes on your wagon you think are disingenuous is a perfectly reasonable thing to do when you think you're being wagoned for disingenuous reasons
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1671 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't really care. it is fairly textbook for scum in neighborhoods to tailor their interactions towards those neighborhoods (and yes, i have seen this go so far as claiming because "i trust you all" if you're trying to say that it's because of a claim) - and if someone is town and is being a beacon of towniness in the neighborhood, they should be able to do town things in the game thread too.

i also don't understand why you're talking about it there instead of here, unless it's because of the above

p-edit: @pisskop
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1672 (isolation #94) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1670, beeboy wrote:I also don't think that him backing out of his Drealz read is natural because in one of GIF's NY games Varsoon was a back-up nurse and assumed the nurse and doctor would be town I know that both these situations are a lot different but I don't think his read progression on Drealz is particularly odd because I have seen him assume town role = town before.
that was a normal game. this is a role madness game.

"nurse" is not a town role in a role madness game and Varsoon is smart enough to know the difference.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1677 (isolation #95) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vote: Varsoon (L-2)

and when it flips scum, drealz next
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1685 (isolation #96) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vc totally not impersonating the mod
Varsoon (5):
Aeronaut, drealmerz7, SirCakez, Luna Fox, pieguyn
SirCakez (3):
Wisdom, pisskop, Varsoon
Dwlee99 (1):
Nahdia

Not Voting:
mhsmith0, beeboy, Dwlee99, Gamma Emerald

With
alive,
to lynch.

The deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-09 11:09:14).

someone should probably double check this in case i mis-counted the votes
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (isolation #97) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I mean, I made it explicit I think both drealz and Varsoon are scum and that specifically their interactions look like scum/scum in that post, so.

(will respond to other things later)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also ftr, if I was scum with drealz I probably would not have taken the "soft defend but never explicitly declare a town read" approach to his wagon - that is something I actually actively avoid doing as scum because it's something that I know a lot of people immediately look for and it isn't beneficial (see: the wagon on him coming up again now). I am sure that anyone who has seen me play scum knows that I'm more than capable of, and will not hesitate to, hard defend my partners if I feel it necessary to defend them.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (isolation #99) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1785, pisskop wrote:because his play has been undefendable.
... I don't think you've actually seen what I'm capable of, then.

/ominous giggling
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (isolation #100) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by pieguyn »

and even if I couldn't, I would even choose to hard-bus him over "lightly defend without declaring a town read" if it really came down to it, because the latter really is just the absolute worst option you can take when your partner comes under pressure

anyone who thinks I would take that approach with a partner doesn't understand how I play scum

p-edit: still up for dwlee lynch, if Varsoon is impossible and enough other people join us.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (isolation #101) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by pieguyn »

consider my vote spiritually on both.

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1806 (isolation #102) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1803, beeboy wrote:If you think Drealz is scum why are you doing everything in your power to get people to compromise on Varsoon or Dwlee?
I wouldn't complain about a drealz lynch; I just want a Varsoon lynch because he is very obviously scum and I do not want to risk myself being killed N1 and then him convincing you all that he somehow isn't scum and worming his way out of it, which he *will* attempt to do (especially with people like Wisdom in the game who are pretty much playing to a scum win con). dwlee is just what my kindred spirit wants, plus I think what I said about Varsoon also applies to him.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1807 (isolation #103) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1806, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1803, beeboy wrote:If you think Drealz is scum why are you doing everything in your power to get people to compromise on Varsoon or Dwlee?
I wouldn't complain about a drealz lynch; I just want a Varsoon lynch because he is very obviously scum and I do not want to risk myself being killed N1 and then him convincing you all that he somehow isn't scum and worming his way out of it, which he *will* attempt to do (especially with people like Wisdom in the game who are pretty much playing to a scum win con). dwlee is just what my kindred spirit wants, plus I think what I said about Varsoon also applies to them.
FTFM
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (isolation #104) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1812, Gamma Emerald wrote:You make Varsoon sound like Wisdom.
I have learned the hard way never to underestimate how quickly games are capable of going to shit no matter how clear things were before.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (isolation #105) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

today is probably too early, I think, but it would be very good tomorrow.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1821 (isolation #106) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

now that the thread has slowed down and i don't have to be consistently checking the latest pages for new posts, i'm giving a proper response to this
In post 1681, beeboy wrote:Ok Pie tell me what I am missing about your Varsoon case.

1. You think his Drealz push was shit.
2. You don't like how he was ok rushing the day phase.
3. You think that he should have continued to tunnel Drealz after the nurse.
it isn't just that the drealz push is bad, although i think that's also significant for reasons i'll get into shortly

it's that this entire game - or at least the entire game until i called him on doing this. he went around and did doing other things around the p50-60 range, though i think a lot of what he did was just busywork and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he did it as a deliberate adjustment to me pointing out that he was doing this - he's just been hyper-focused on his "scum reads" without attempting to pay any attention to anything else in the game. yes, town players can have strong reads, and town players can get caught up in tunnel arguments, but that doesn't mean that they just sit there and *completely* tune out everything else in the game. any player who is not complete shit at the game will actually, you know, attempt to solve the game they are playing. they might feel very strongly one person is scum and not want a lynch on anyone else. they might even feel it's not necessary to focus *too* much effort into looking for scum elsewhere. but at the end of the day it is still there

Varsoon, on the other hand, wasn't doing this, at all. there was no indication that he was attempting to scum hunt outside of his two "scum reads" on drealz and Aero for the entire first ~40 pages of the game. i could pull quotes to show this, but it's apparent enough if you just read his ISO from the top - up until (the exact point where he saw me criticizing him because the way he was being hyper-focused on his two reads was not a town approach) there is quite literally no attempt to push anyone besides drealz or Aero. there are a few isolated questions, like there was maybe one question to you, but there is nothing that ties any of it together or suggests that he's factoring it into his view of the gamestate at all.

this is more likely to come from scum than town. if you really need me to answer why... scum need to generate content, scum need to look like they're scum hunting, scum need to appear like they have genuine conviction in their scum reads, and what better way to do that than to just pick one or two people who you can come up with some half-reasonable angle on and spend every single post just shitting all over them? as i said, town might feel strongly about a read but not like this - there is still awareness of other things that are going on in the game, even if they choose not to focus as much on them. there is none here. absolutely none

i also think the content of the reads themselves are just bad and not like anything i would ever expect from any half-competent town player but i will get into that in the next quote
In post 1681, beeboy wrote:1. I just don't think it was as Drealz was literally doing nothing.
whether a push is "bad", in this context, has nothing to do with whether it's correct or not. it's to do with the mindset of the person making the push - whether the things they're picking up on and saying actually make a reasonable amount of sense for someone to think. Varsoon's read on him does not, even if drealz is "literally doing nothing".

i'm going to pull quotes of his to demonstrate what i mean here

Spoiler:
In post 231, Varsoon wrote:Nahdia dropping an unexplained vote my direction after Dwlee okay's the wagon is something I can look over, like, "Okay, hm. Sure. Maybe there's something going on there."
But Beefboy sheeping after I call out the Aero sheep? Poor form.
Notably, Drealz didn't even answer me yet despite replying in thread twice, and you'd think someone so giddy would care to say something when directly addressed.
VOTE: Drealz

Stop talking about things that aren't thing game.
the reasoning in this post basically amounts to "drealz didn't answer me when i asked him if he was scum, so he's scum", which is a pretty awful reason. i really hope that i do not have to explain this. there is no reason drealz would feel it necessary to answer it as town, since questions like that are usually pretty obviously not serious, and even if he was scum there is no reason he *wouldn't* have responded to it.
In post 276, Varsoon wrote:@Cakez: I had to see an answer before laying a vote down. Sometimes, shitty scum is just shitty scum.
Look at this. Drealmerz has shit up over half the pages so far with discussion that's tertiary to the game at hand.
When asked to get back on point, he doesn't at all, skirting quickly around a question about his alignment, directly, here and now, as if it were an awkward thing to engage with.
Then, when called out on that, he quickly goes into attack mode against a slot he had no previous qualms with.
Curious, no?
In post 235, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 231, Varsoon wrote: Notably, Drealz didn't even answer me yet despite replying in thread twice, and you'd think someone so giddy would care to say something when directly addressed.
VOTE: Drealz

Stop talking about things that aren't thing game.
I actually only saw it when I went back over (missed a few posts actually) and read, and was like "mehh" to answering it

I mean...really? Looks like you're just fishing to make shit up too.
Looks like you're just blowing smoke and making the thread a pain in the ass for people to read.
Insisting on discussion that's only tertiary doesn't help in the slightest. You want to go have a mafia discussion thread? Don't do it here.
Focusing on the game is hardly 'making shit up', and the 'too' there comes of as a rhetorical slip--either you're using it in addition to you considering my previous question something to not answer, which is admission that you'd rather discuss these tangential topics than the nature of your own alignment, or you're using 'too' to imply that someone else is making shit up, which, in this case, would be you.

Now, please, I eagerly await your half-cocked rebuttal.
Cakez pointed this out, but this post felt like a huge overreaction. i don't really see what prompted him to be this set off about drealz's behavior - he is reacting like this because he wants people to read his posts and think "o, look how angry he is, he genuinely believes in his read"
In post 480, Varsoon wrote:I'll dig 'em up, give me a sec.

First, though:
In post 464, drealmerz7 wrote:VOTE: varsoon

I just ISOd you and you're bitching at my contributions and...those are yours??...
This is a garbage OMGUS attempt at revitalizing a wagon that started to lose pressure.
If this is your attempt at contributing to the game, it's all bluster and no actual work involved.
You ISO'd me? What'd you take umbrage with? OH, nothing? You just wanted a poor excuse to make it look like you're making an informed vote?

Eat rope.
again, the hostility here is really unwarranted. he is reacting like this because he wants people to read his posts and think "o, look how angry he is, he genuinely believes in his read"
In post 570, Varsoon wrote:Town, I'd imagine, wouldn't be so dodgy when initially prompted about their alignment--at that point, drealz was heading the conversation. I sought to drive the rhetorical power away from that.
Furthermore, I don't see town being so late in their vote on me. When the initial votes swapped over to me as it was clear the Aeronaut wagon was losing traction, those made sense. Drealz' vote came after the fact, in a place that feels scum to me.
Finally, Drealz posts against me, while they may be mostly NAI, don't ever seek to vindicate the points I make against Drealz. It's this all-out attack, and, most of it, a redirect of very early points I made against Drealz. This tells me that, for some reason, those early criticisms are what stood out and what drealz takes offense to. Which, likely, means that they're on-point.
this is the third time Varsoon has brought up drealz "dodging a direct question about his alignment" and acting like it somehow is some major piece of evidence, despite it in reality being really stupid. do you see a pattern? this is not a genuine read - he needs to generate content, he needs to look like he's scum hunting, and what better way to do that than to find some angle to nitpick on (drealz "dodging a direct question about his alignment") and spending every post shitting all over him for it. i would *maybe* be OK with it if it was more of a starting point to poke and push him for reactions, at which point he developed a proper read, but that is not what he is doing here. he is stating, in no uncertain terms, that he thinks drealz not answering the question is an actual scum tell that is worth pushing.

i could pull more quotes, but the rest is largely the same. the way Varsoon is going about pushing the drealz read is beyond nonsensical and i really do not understand how people can read it and think that the things he is writing are things anyone would actually think, even if drealz does happen to be "doing nothing"
In post 1681, beeboy wrote:2. This is an opinion other players have expressed including what appears to be one of your top town reads Nahdia and something I would have been ok with if no one had a problem with it. I am pretty sure other players shared this opinion as well.
i think your memory has gone wrong somewhere. what happened was basically

1. Nahdia and a few other people were convinced that they had found scum in drealm, and so they wanted to end the day.
2. i come back and start talking a bit more about {Varsoon, dwlee}.
3. i ask for some more time so that i can pursue these reads a bit more rigorously.
4. at this point, you have someone who isn't satisfied with the status quo and most people are starting to consider reads that they weren't considering before, so it doesn't make as much sense to end the day quickly. the correct reaction here is to wait. at this point, Nahdia came back and said they no longer wanted to rush the day. mhsmith0 stated that he wanted a bit more time as well. you, i recall, seemed pretty ok with the idea of ending the day quickly but as far as i can tell lost that "lynch lynch lynch" lust around the 900-1000 range or so.

Varsoon, though? explicitly saw me asking for more time and said "nope, let's go ahead and lynch". at that point, that just isn't fucking town, no matter how you look at it. ending days quickly in certain scenarios is fine. i actually think a lot of games could benefit from not being dragged on to the extent that they are. but when there are multiple people in the game with half-formed reads who are asking for more time to actually develop proper reads, you're going too fast - waiting for a bit and allowing them to do so, to a reasonable extent, is just common sense.

for him to be town with that mindset, he has to be either inconsiderate enough to not give a shit about other people being able to play the game properly, or he has to be just completely dense. he is not either of these things - he is scum and he took that stance because he is attempting to play a really aggressive scum game, where he tries to come off as having a lot of "genuine conviction in his scum reads" but he isn't realizing that in reality what he's attempting to do is just plain stupid and not something he'd think is a good idea as town
In post 1681, beeboy wrote:I also don't think it is safe to assume in a non role madness game as a back-up nurse both the nurse and the doctor would be town with almost no knowledge about the actual setup as there was mostly just dead VTs iirc.
In post 1681, beeboy wrote:3. I kinda addressed this above.
i actually went to double-check what you were saying here and what you're describing here isn't what is going on. i am not making the argument that Varsoon saw the nurse claim as a town claim and decided to back off (since this isn't *actually* what happened here - he has stated in no uncertain terms that he didn't buy that the claim made him town)

what i'm saying is that even though Varsoon claimed he didn't buy the claim, his entire treatment of drealz became noticeably different after drealz claimed and the wagon started to fall apart. drealz claimed in , and as i was saying earlier in this post Varsoon was laser-focused on him pretty much the entire time up to here. after the claim, though? these are the kinds of things Varsoon was saying about him...

Spoiler:
In post 1402, Varsoon wrote:@Luna: But I don't see anyone scumreading you over it--a lot of people are just taking it as playstyle difference/misunderstanding/frustration.
There's a lot of other ways to be critical of your slot that would paint Beeboy in a more town-looking light if he were scum, too.
I guess what I'm saying is that I don't find Beeboy's responses to you to be critical enough of your alignment, just your play.

@Drealz: Why can't cakez and I be the same alignment?
In post 1404, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1401, SirCakez wrote:Because Varsoon has spent the entire game tunneling a PR? (I'm assuming dreal is town)
Misreppin' hard, bro.
Why are you treating the claim as if it's 100% factual and that, somehow, I knew that?
Why are you insisting on the 'Varsoon is tunneling' meme?
In post 1408, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1405, Luna Fox wrote:
In post 1402, Varsoon wrote:I don't find Beeboy's responses to you to be critical enough of your alignment, just your play.
Then you need to read his ISO better.
Guess so?
I mean, I've been following along in real time.
Regardless.
Outside of Beeboy, what are your thoughts on the game as of now?
I'm curious what your weigh-in on the whole Drealz/Varsoon thing is, obviously, but also--how do you feel about the Wisdom/Cakez back and forth? Both of these seem to be fairly major points of contention right now and I'm not 100% on where you stand on either.
In post 1413, Varsoon wrote:How does the Drealz claim change your read on Drealz?
In post 1423, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1410, drealmerz7 wrote:his push in series 497-588

supporting me in your wagon advance and the read I have on you

scum doesn't do that because I have no traction

does it make sense? I really need to head off
I guess so?
Scum bussing aside (which would be garbage play from Cakez, imo), I'm trying to understand why you see him as town pushing me as scum and it'd take my flip to see it as scum pushing town. I understand, from your read on me, why you think we're both not town, and, given what you've illuminated, why you think if I was town, he'd be scum for pushing me like that.
In post 1429, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1415, Luna Fox wrote:more on the thing that im not willing to lynch someone that MAY BE a backup doctor on D1.
Survivalistic claiming aside,
Why?
Do you think the game would be designed such that town all have town-looking roles when claimed, especially stuff like Backup IC, and scum don't?
In post 1434, Varsoon wrote:@Drealmerz: I think you're actually a Nurse/Backup-Doctor, for what it's worth.
In post 1441, Varsoon wrote:Given how flippant Drealz is about everything else, I don't think he'd claim something that wasn't handed to him by the mod.

@Cakez: What games, though?
In post 1453, Varsoon wrote:It kinda bothers me that Drealz is trying to get me to wagon-hop onto a townread of mine by promising towncred for it.
Like.
Whut
In post 1675, Varsoon wrote:@Pieguyn: Dude, I laid out plenty why I thought Drealz was scum based on play.
Drealz didn't even produce a reads list when put at L-1, just a long, played out claim--and you know how I feel about claims, and I made it explicit how I feel about Drealz' claim.
I still want a Drealz lynch, but it seems like other people are too divided between voting me or voting Cakez. Cakez is another scumread of mine. I'm willing to compromise to that wagon. I've stated this explicitly as well.

What's particularly bothersome, Pieguyn, is that you and others were critical of how much I focused on Drealz. Now, the second that I'm not doing that and, furthermore, absent from the game (sleeping, hanging out with friends, etc.) you're playing it against me?

Even when put to L-1, Drealz wouldn't take the pressure to actually generate content. Me sitting on that wagon was providing nothing, either. But, please, illuminate me on how shitty my play is and how I should be lynched, because, apparently, I should've just kept tunneling Drealz, even though you've already outlined how shitty and scum that is.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't, doesn't it seem? You're really content to cross your arms and just call my play shit, over and over. It's obnoxious.

this is pretty much everything he had to say about drealz, and the thing that is the most striking about this to me is that the drealz wagon had pretty thoroughly collapsed in the 1400-1500 range or so... but despite not buying that the claim made him town, there are absolutely no calls to get votes back on him. absolutely no frustration that this huge scum read who he was so frustrated with earlier seems to be losing votes for a claim that isn't town. absolutely no conviction at all, when you would think that at this point he would have the *most* conviction to follow through on his read. it isn't consistent, at all, and it's a large part of the reason i think Varsoon is highly likely scum *with* drealz, but it's scummy in its own right.

so no, if you want to read this post and point out where i'm going wrong in this then i would be receptive to it but if you're just going to keep saying "lel Varsoon is town" then you have absolutely no leg to stand on
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1822 (isolation #107) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i would like people who think Varsoon is town to actually read what i'm writing about him and think about it and point out where i'm going wrong if they don't agree with it

i would like people who think Cakez is scum to do the same

because, believe it or not, "lol he's town" "lol he's scum" are not good ways of forming reads. i have not seen anyone so much as attempt to explain a scum reads on Cakez and it is really embarrassing that people can look at it and somehow think that a lot of people going "lol he's scum" is a good basis for forming a read...

:roll:
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1823 (isolation #108) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1673, beeboy wrote:Cakez I may support and I will elaborate on that tomorrow but I am back and forth on this one, I don't think he is playing to his scum meta at all but it also feels like he is going overboard in terms of his town meta.
i also want to say that i think this rather paranoid

it takes a certain kind of scum player to be able to be aware of their town meta and their scum meta, and actually turn their entire scum game around in a game by not only faking all of the things you would find in their town game, but incorporating _more_ aspects of their town game than they usually would as town. i think i'm a pretty meta-aware scum player but i'm not able to do it to that extent - even when i want to manipulate my meta, i usually am able to just get by by avoiding most behaviors that i think people attribute to my scum game.

i think this might hold more water if Cakez is the kind of scum player who has implied an ability to be able to do that but... no offense to Cakez but given how overt a lot of the scum tells he committed in magical girls were (even if he was able to figure out some pretty effective ways to look town that game), i don't know if he's quite at that point with his scum game
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (isolation #109) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1715, Wisdom wrote:I also cant really see the logic behind a scum faith healer
this is the part about your "info" that is incorrect.

this is not a setup that is supposed to make sense or have any "logic" to it, this is a setup where GIF just decided to go insane and troll. it would not surprise me in the slightest if roles didn't have any correlation with alignment at all - saying a mafia faith healer wouldn't exist is wrong for all the same reasons as saying a mafia nurse wouldn't exist
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (isolation #110) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1827, Varsoon wrote:Nahdia can explain a scumread on Dwlee in a single sentence and it's clear, concise, and follows. When you explain your scumreads, it's a multi-paragraph endeavor which often boils down to "I don't like this player's shit play" and you don't even really explain why the play is objectively shitty.
yes, yes, the "you're not concise enough hence your argument is invalid" argument

such a paragon of towniness. can't see why scum would want to try to force the game into an environment where it's impossible to write an argument with any amount of detail. not at all

see, if you were reading objectively, you would realize that the only reason I wrote in that much detail about my read on you is because beeboy failed to understand a lot of the nuance behind a lot of what I wrote in my initial post about you, which *was* written very concisely. I can say concisely that you spent 40 pages of game accomplishing nothing but hard-pushing completely nonsensical reads on drealz and Aero, dropped the push on drealz out of convenience after his wagon died due to a null claim, and are being deliberately dense, but if people read what I'm writing and don't understand why I'm saying the things I am then yes I will go into detail about it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (isolation #111) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1827, Varsoon wrote:I've led so much discussion and been the originator of tons of alignment-reflective info this game--I was the one who put Drealz to the fire, revealed how they play under pressure and got their claim. I was the one who brought the multiple neighborhood aspect of the game to light. I'm the one who was critical of Aero's claim and provided driving insight both there and on you, in such a way that generated rather generous responses from both. If it's 'scummy' to move the game into action, to have players engaged, on-topic, and producing transparent reads, posts, and arguments, then you better put that goddamn noose around my throat right now. This is my only game on-site. If you want to parrot the Varsoon!Effort = Varsoon!Scum meme, be my guest--I could be dropping these hours into designing FFT mafia, yet another game where I'll put in some 80+ hours of effort (in design alone, not even in running the game) only for chucklefucks to not appreciate it. You act as if this game isn't constantly open on a tab for me. You act as if you aren't incredibly cognizant of the way I approach games and get invested in them. You're pushing every one of my buttons and, yes, it gets to me. It fires me up. It makes me want to suplex things into overdrive.
is this what players today refer to as LAMIST?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1830 (isolation #112) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like I've seen Varsoon ATE as town, this doesn't feel like how that felt at all. it doesn't feel genuine, it feels like he's deliberately trying to inject personal feelings into it to make people feel dirty for continuing to push him.

and before people go "nup", this is someone who literally faked a frustrated replace out as the last scum in a game when he was at L-1.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (isolation #113) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1830, pieguyn wrote:and before people go "nup", this is someone who literally faked a frustrated replace out as the last scum in a game when he was at L-1.
to be clear, I mean to say that he actually replaced out of the game and let someone else take his slot, despite it being faked emotion to get people to hopefully town read his slot (even though he was no longer in the game...).

is it a really low move? fuck yes it is, that's exactly the point I'm making here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (isolation #114) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 am

Post by pieguyn »

I just generally think, based on all my experience with him, Varsoon is someone who would never take a mafia game so personally; he'd fight through it and bear in mind that at the end it's just a game. my experience with him includes at *least* one game where we got stuck in a huge mutual tunnel on each other, which in one case resulted in him being ran up and forced to claim as the strongest role in the game.

he was fucking pissed, but it did *not* become personal in the same way he is making this here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (isolation #115) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

like fuck me, I wish that there was someone from PYP6 in this game so that I could pull up where ICE said practically the exact same fucking thing about "look how this person is capable of explaining a read in a single sentence and making it actually understandable". no surprise, he was scum attempting to flood the game with noise and shut down any form of clear discussion.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (isolation #116) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:18 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1876, beeboy wrote:@pie

So the only way I can remotely reply to your Cakez read will by doing this.

: I don't think Cakez and Dwlee have a particular history of buddying as far as I am aware so burning bridges isn't exactly something I think he is concerned about. He also thought pushing Zakk really early on in magical girl Mafia (which is the game you are basing your meta on) was a good idea and Luna also called Dwlee scum first so I fail to see how this is the high risk town push you are painting it to be, when it is both low risk and unoriginal.

: this is a response Cakez made and you are trying to sell it as though Cakez is pushing Dwlee. He literally just responded to a concern Dwlee had went "I don't understand". I don't see how that is town.

Varsoon push stuff: I think Cakez is almost too deticated to his Varsoon push that it doesn't feel natural but I guess we just disagree on this.

: I have seen Cakez bring up vote hoping a lot as a reason to scum read players. Iirc I think he brought it up a lot in Borderlands Mafia a lot. Looking for scum tells you use is literally scum101 and I don't think this is particularly town.
god you're bad.

do you just not know how to parse arguments with any amount of nuance to them? serious question.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (isolation #117) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:26 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1834, Wisdom wrote:lol
how the fuck is anyone forcing the game into that?

Nice dodging the point there. Varsoon was saying that your walls look like manipulation and I completely agree
I literally am not even walling this game except when for people specifically don't understand my reads/ask me to explain them.

you're literally [[[REDACTED]]] if you think that's somehow "manipulation". sorry, not sorry, not everyone finds enjoyment in flooding the game with 100s of posts that just repeat "X is scum" "Y is town" like you do, as if that's somehow a good way of convincing anyone or playing the game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (isolation #118) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

frankly, if this wasn't a game that I *had* to play, I would consider just replacing out because this game is just garbage and I'm not having any fun playing it.

I'm probably just going to hammer in ~12 hours and hope that the scum team kills me N1 so I no longer have to be in this game.

regardless of what drealz flips, make all of {Varsoon, dwlee, Aero, pisskop} dead sometime within the next few days

don't ever lynch {Luna, beeboy, GE, Nahdia, Wisdom}, even though Wisdom is just going to play to a scum win con anyway
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1900 (isolation #119) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:40 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1897, SirCakez wrote:At least now you know what it's like to be on the outside of the deathtunnel on me now Pie lol
at least you don't have idiots like beeboy going "I feel like she's just trying to sell me that Cakez is town, she could be scum with Cakez".

/sigh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (isolation #120) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:56 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1838, Varsoon wrote:A meta argument is something I can understand--if you were to say, "Compare Varsoon's D1 play here to his D1 play in these other games, he's clearly not bringing the same strengths to the table, this is reflective of his scum play," then, yeah, sure, that'd at least be something to grapple with. But I don't see you doing that. You've only brought up my meta, specifically, as of this last page, to call out that I make AtE's as scum.
I have never seen you spend an entire D1 just death-tunneling two reads as town to the complete exclusion of anything else in the game. I've seen you have strong reads, but you still at least pay attention to things other people are saying and you still display thought processes that are not just "how can I push X and Y".

it's something that I think is scummy regardless of meta, but what I've seen of you is consistent with that from a meta POV, too.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1908 (isolation #121) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1841, beeboy wrote:I do agree actually.
Varsoon in Street Fighter was more like "why are you guys doing this to me"
Varsoon here is more "Fuck you guys for doing this to me"
I don't agree. I don't care as much about the content of it, so much as there's just this seething hostility to it that I have never felt before when he was town.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (isolation #122) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:05 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1909, Varsoon wrote:We've been over the whole 'exclusion of everything else' thing, too. You insist on it, I've shown and said otherwise.
you really haven't. 100% of your serious effort until your posts around the ~1300 range was pushing drealz and pushing Aero.

there were maybe one or two throwaway questions, i.e. one question I remember you asked where you pressured beeboy slightly, but there was no follow-through on it, nothing that indicated you were seriously invested in attempting to do anything else in the game, nothing.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (isolation #123) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

do you really need me to quote your entire fucking ISO and show this?

because it's easily verifiable to anyone who would go and so much as look, with the exception of beeboy who I imagine will demand me to explain to him how there's an absense of anything else in your posts

p-edit: @Varsoon
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (isolation #124) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1911, Dwlee99 wrote:Pie you think drealz is scum right?
I think he has an above-average chance of hitting scum. I'm concerned, though, because if he flips town then I'm 99% sure this game is going to shit with lynchbait like Cakez in the game and people absolutely refusing to consider the possibility that Varsoon could be scum for some dumb reason.

also, just realized my vote was on you still

vote: Varsoon
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (isolation #125) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:17 am

Post by pieguyn »

vc sigh
Varsoon (4):
Aeronaut, drealmerz7, SirCakez, pieguyn
SirCakez (1):
Wisdom
dwlee99 (1):
Nahdia
drealmerz7 (6):
Varsoon, mhsmith0, beeboy, Dwlee99, Gamma Emerald, pisskop

Not Voting:
Luna Fox

With
alive,
to lynch.

The deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-09 11:09:14).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (isolation #126) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 am

Post by pieguyn »

holy name of god, how do people town read this?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (isolation #127) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:35 am

Post by pieguyn »

no really, with the exception of Luna and beeboy like two pages ago, I have not heard one person give any reason for town reading Varsoon, except beeboy who said my scum read was wrong and asked me what about my read he was missing and then straight ignored me when I explained to him in detail what he was missing.

(sidenote now that I stop to think about things for a bit, this - in addition to how dumb he's being re: Cakez read - actually has me kind of paranoid that it might be worth looking at beeboy again *if* Varsoon is scum and especially if drealz isn't scum, but eh)

p-edit: it isn't that, it's the fact that he has no justification for why he played the first 40-50 pages of the game in the way that he did whatsoever.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (isolation #128) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:48 am

Post by pieguyn »

yeah, now you're just obfuscating

the point here is that it isn't a town approach to just hard push two reads and not think about anything else in the game. unless they're completely bad at the game, most town players will at least pay attention to and think about other things that are happening in the game, even if they have a strong read that they want to focus most of their effort on - they're still at least aware of other things happening in the game, they still pay attention to other things going on in the game and factor it into their internal view of the game even if they don't want to talk about them

attempting to piledrive lynches through without thinking at all is a scum approach - this is what you were doing

and I've been over this already, so I don't see any need to continue this conversation
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (isolation #129) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:00 am

Post by pieguyn »

I just want to say for the nth time not to let Varsoon get away if I die N1 (and if anyone tries to say "Varsoon-scum wouldn't kill pie, it's too obvious" I will cry tears of blood until I die of anaemia).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1937 (isolation #130) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1936, beeboy wrote:Actually I am going to post again because I have been bitten in the ass by not asking things before it was too late before. Pie if Varsoon is scum I think it is unlikely Aero is also scum due to him trying to deflect the wagon off of Drealz and onto Varsoon early on. Is this something you disagree with?
I think this is probably correct, but not 100%.

obviously my death pool is not entirely rigid - if something like that happens that makes one of them town, readjust
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (isolation #131) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:56 am

Post by pieguyn »

i've already said i plan on hammering in like ~12 hours or so, it is just good form to wait a bit in case someone has something to say at the last minute
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (isolation #132) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:39 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1963, beeboy wrote:My gut is telling me Drealz, Varsoon and Cakez are town which would mean the scum team is.
yes, yes, if drealz is town the person who spent 50 fucking pages accomplishing nothing but deathtunneling him for god-awful reasons is so town

seriously?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (isolation #133) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

Varsoon's alignment isn't even a question if drealz is town. for me it's a question of, *on* a drealz scum flip, is Varsoon bus'ing him (which as I've said I think is likely - forcing a scum read on a partner is a very viable strat if you expect people to go "he pushed scum, he's town" instead of actually stopping to look at it, and Varsoon isn't above it at all. plus you have the fact that his behavior towards drealz after the drealz claim is just all wrong) or am I an idiot?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1986 (isolation #134) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

I'm waiting for my kindred spirit to get back and y/n a Varsoon wagon. if they decide against it, I'm moving to drealz.

alternately, @Luna and beeboy, if we all moved over to dwlee I feel pretty sure dwlee could happen.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2002 (isolation #135) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1990, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 1989, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1988, Dwlee99 wrote:all the people wanting to wagon me are dumb and there's probably one or two scum in there
This is the kind of vague shit scum throws out trying to diffuse pressure
this is the kind of snarky bullshit scum says to discredit town
this is a scum post
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2029 (isolation #136) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2017, pisskop wrote:
In post 2011, Wisdom wrote:no, scum pie would do the same
this is very true
I'd expect this from Wisdom, cuz he's seen my scum game and it would not surprise me if he had enough of an understanding of how I play to correctly deduce I would have made the post as scum (despite him being wrong about me here), even though tbh I think I would made it after the first round of interactions instead of continuing to express paranoia on Luna and making it after the second round of interactions.

how did you reach this conclusion, though? or is it not meta-based?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2032 (isolation #137) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2008, Wisdom wrote:pie is literally deathtunneling varsoon for deathtunneling and nobody bats an eye
you are not reading my posts if you think I am calling Varsoon scum for "deathtunneling". deathtunneling is acceptable if you actually have good reason to be certain about the read in question, and moreover, even if you "deathtunnel" someone in terms of putting all of your in-thread effort into pushing them and securing a lynch on them, that doesn't stop you from still thinking about other reads and being aware of other things going on in the game even if you don't want to talk about them or push them (i.e. I'm trying to lynch Varsoon but I'm still trying to firm up my reads on the rest of the people who I don't have a town read on).

there is no evidence suggesting Varsoon was aware of anything else in the game for the entire first 50 or so pages, and Varsoon's reasons for pushing drealz were, and still are, complete dogshit - even *if* drealz is scum I largely would not be convinced that it is for what most of what Varsoon is posting about him
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2059 (isolation #138) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2057, SirCakez wrote:"info that faith healer is probably not a fakeclaim" wow that tells us so much!!! No idea why ANYONE would be confused by that.
^this.

"I have info that faith healer isn't a fake claim" means absolutely nothing when even if that does happen to be his role, it would mean absolutely nothing in terms of his alignment.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2069 (isolation #139) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2065, Wisdom wrote:because it's not a fake claim due to info
In post 2066, Wisdom wrote:scum in some other game maybe would clalim it

varsoon is not fake claiming
are you even fucking reading my posts or are you just getting pissed off that people dare question your reads?

I am not questioning that Varsoon is a faith healer. that much is obvious.

the issue here is that
in this setup, that has nothing to do with his alignment - I think it is just as likely that he's just a scum faith healer. I don't imagine GIF tied roles with alignment particularly strongly with this setup and it would not surprise me in the slightest if GIF made that a scum role in this setup.

please for the love of the game just shut up and sheep someone who knows what they're doing
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2070 (isolation #140) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Gamma, don't stray from the path.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2074 (isolation #141) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like you literally are not even reading the game objectively if you're continuing to push this

you don't have any counterargument to that besides "durr I don't see the logic behind a scum faith healer", never mind the fact that this is 1. a role madness setup, and 2. a troll setup that isn't supposed to "make any sense" - you haven't thought about the possibility that GIF would have put a scum faith healer just for the sake of it, that he put it just because it looks like a town role, or anything

which is no surprise. it is fairly obvious you're not even bothering to read my posts objectively either, given the kinds of things you've said about me this game

so yeah
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2076 (isolation #142) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

god I feel like I'm a weird lovechild of zmuffin and LLD right now.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2077 (isolation #143) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

yeah, you're complete fucking shit at the game so I don't know why I even bother with you
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2078 (isolation #144) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like if you think *four* fucking lines is a wall, just stop posting and leave the game to people who know what they're doing
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2083 (isolation #145) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2081, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 2077, pieguyn wrote:yeah, you're complete fucking shit at the game so I don't know why I even bother with you
wolfy post there; definite pings to RC in open 635 trying to just tell me I was terrible when I was dead accurate. Does anyone know if pie normally does this as wolf to people she disagrees with? As town?
I haven't really done anything like this in any game. I am just so sick of Wisdom being a fucking moron and making this game completely unplayable for me.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2084 (isolation #146) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2082, Nahdia wrote:pie and wisdom ur both town stop.
yes, I know.

/sigh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2091 (isolation #147) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

vote: drelalz
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2098 (isolation #148) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2092, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, I REALLY suspect someone in Varsoon's hood is scum. With my confidence in Wisdom, that leaves pisskop or dwlee.
have you read any of my posts along the lines of e.g. or (there were also a few posts I made earlier in the game to this effect)?

because the thing is, for a whole lot of different reasons, what Wisdom is saying here doesn't actually make Varsoon town, and you should actually stop, step back, and think about the logic behind it and realize that it doesn't confirm him as town instead of just setting it aside because "you have confidence in Wisdom". Wisdom is not thinking objectively; he has based his entire view of the game off of the notion that me and Cakez are scum and thinks that doing anything in his power to shut me out is beneficial, and he has no counterargument to anything I've written in either of those posts - and when I point this out, he just calls it manipulative because he refuses to consider anything outside of me and Cakez being scum and sees me making correct arguments as me-scum attempting to "manipulate" people over to my point of view.

I imagine he's going to walk in here and claim I'm "discrediting", but that is what's going on here and the key point is that you need to think and form your own conclusions on this.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2099 (isolation #149) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:15 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2088, mhsmith0 wrote:I guess I can maybe see you getting frustrated at him, but still seems over the top.

Frankly, I just want someone in my POE to die so we can move the hell on. Drealz, cakey, varsoon, dwlee. Let's just pick one and move on. It's probably just 10v3, it's not like this is LYLO.
also, to be frank, me-scum is not particularly scared of Wisdom to the point where I would find it necessary to do the "call him shit at the game" strat to him, especially if you keep in mind what the current gamestate right now actually looks like: I'm nowhere near actually being lynched and unless the team is something like {me, drealz, Cakez} I wouldn't be in a horrible position even *if* Cakez somehow gets lynched.

I just absolutely detest people who think that flooding the game with 100s of posts, never posting reasoning for anything, expecting people to follow them on a trust basis and seeing any sort of reasoning as "manipulative", and don't understand why people wouldn't choose to play the same way as them. Wisdom has games where he is good and has correct reads and is able to work with people but he also has games where he does exactly this (my last town game with him and a hope+1 setup I modded in January) and is completely awful, and when that happens, yeah.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2100 (isolation #150) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

the last town game I had with Wisdom I had a zmuffin who shared most of my reads and did most of the legwork that game, including most of the Wisdom handling. this game I actually have to do the Wisdom handling myself and I just can't.

the last scum game I had vs Wisdom I mislynched him on D1, sooo more likely than not I wouldn't be scared of him here even if it'd be an inconvenience if he got one or more reads right.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2103 (isolation #151) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

"don't forget this is a troll game"
"Varsoon is town because there's no reason there'd be a scum faith healer."

advance or abscond, Wisdom.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (isolation #152) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:04 am

Post by pieguyn »

your info suggests that Varsoon true claimed faith healer. him being a faith healer does not make him town. at this point, you have admitted that this is likely a troll setup, so there is no way you would not have seen that.

I legit can't even tell if you seriously believe what you're writing or if you've realized you're wrong but continue to push it anyway because you don't want to admit it. and no, there is no way you would have let it drag on this long if you had anything that actually confirmed his alignment.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2107 (isolation #153) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:41 am

Post by pieguyn »

if you're a faith healer, then no, that still doesn't make Varsoon town.

you need to clarify this because 1. this is way different from what you said when you first said you had info, and 2. there's nothing that I can think of that would explain how you're acting unless either it is because of the above, which still doesn't make Varsoon town, or if GIF did something completely weird that goes beyond anything I'd expect he'd do in this setup.

before anyone watching this goes "lol roles" and tries to interfere, btw, just don't. I would actually call for a massclaim at this point if I didn't think it'd only serve to drag out this god-awful day phase, but either way, I have seen way too many games get fucked by people who thought roles were all-important in some way that they aren't and I'm not letting something like that go uncontested unless I'm sure it's correct.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2108 (isolation #154) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

IMO lynch drealz today, then massclaim and find out whether this means anything or not tomorrow; if it doesn't, same position we're in now, if it *does* then at that point there would be huge benefit to making it unambiguous.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (isolation #155) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:24 am

Post by pieguyn »

you're probably the last person who 2108 was directed to, for the record.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2135 (isolation #156) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

Cakez and one other person, move onto drealz please and end this god-awful day phase. we can get Varsoon tomorrow when it becomes apparent that Wisdom's "info" isn't any sort of reason pointing to him being town, and we can get dwlee from there.

also, if drealz gets lynched, whatever, but - *if* Cakez somehow gets lynched at any point in the game and he flips town (he will) - everything Wisdom posts for the rest of this game should be ignored, full stop. none of this "compromise" this "have faith in" that - his view of the game is completely incomprehensible and all he is doing is fucking the game over pointless nonsense.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (isolation #157) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:28 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2137, SirCakez wrote:Oh look he ignored my 2125 what a surprise
I'm not going to lynch dreal that's stupid
neither Varsoon or dwlee are happening today, and it's probable neither will be able to happen unless we get drealz out of the way first.

I would switch to dwlee if I thought it was possible.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2141 (isolation #158) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

^L-1.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (isolation #159) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:08 am

Post by pieguyn »

pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2169 (isolation #160) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2161, Wisdom wrote:this guy

you just helped scum by getting yourself mislynched and you keep trying to help scum anyway you can
yeah, yeah, because everyone who doesn't have the same reads as you do is shit at the game and helping scum. you're such a paragon of town play

tomorrow we massclaim and then when Wisdom's "info" for town reading Varsoon is inevitably shit, we lynch Varsoon. any questions?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2172 (isolation #161) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like I hope you're capable of comprehending that if Varsoon is scum here, your play has basically singlehandedly cost us D1 by making the lynch on him impossible and hard pushing any wagon that wasn't him.

and now that drealz town claimed, it's patently obvious to anyone who isn't you that Varsoon has just been full of shit this entire game
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2175 (isolation #162) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2170, Wisdom wrote:all because of your ego and your dislike of my playstyle, as if that's what matters and not scum getting lynched
drealz's approach to you has nothing to do with why he ended up being lynched here, I think. you are not even reading the fucking game, you think everything is about you and anyone who disagrees with you is doing it because they don't like how you play.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2178 (isolation #163) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

actually you know what, I changed my mind.

you're not this dense as town. I've seen you do a lot of dumb shit as town, but you literally are not even reading the game if you think drealz somehow got lynched for "ego" or for disliking your style, and tbh your push on Cakez for "WK-ing" is similarly dense.

look into this more if it becomes relevant later.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2184 (isolation #164) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by pieguyn »

kyahahahaha
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2185 (isolation #165) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by pieguyn »

VOTE: WISDOM
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2217 (isolation #166) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

hm
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (isolation #167) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

ugh everyone hang on and let me think.

I'm considering massclaiming here - I think it's probably correct because most people have claimed anyway, and without it I don't see us figuring out what the clusterfuck that was last night was, but I'm not sure. and ya Luna definitely blocked beeboy, but that isn't unambiguous quite yet because something else might have been what stopped the kill.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (isolation #168) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

skimming Aero's ISO, I think a kill on him actually *would* make some amount of sense. depending on the configuration of the scum team, they can't kill me since I said in no uncertain terms that Varsoon should be the lynch if I was to get killed N1 and people would actually have followed it - plus, if my other reads were good (for instance, if Wisdom is scum) then drawing attention to my reads would completely fuck them over (this sounds totally stupid, but I shit you not I have had this happen to me in a game before). besides that, now that we know Varsoon is scum I can't *really* see anyone else being the kill, so might as well try a kill on the person who softed that his role was powerful and who would be likely to vote-park on at least one of them with no real recourse.

I'm tossing around possibilities in my head for what optimal play is *if* we don't massclaim fully, but at the very least I feel pretty sure we should do these two things:

1. vig if it isn't Aero should claim. it's true that they can just shoot him overnight, but a vig CC means Aero is just scum and we have 2 scum dead, so not much of a reason to bother remaining hidden. I feel mostly sure no one will claim this, because the people who are unclaimed are either beeboy (who was RB'ed) or people who I don't see shooting Varsoon, but should be done for completeness.
2. Aero should claim his BP status. again - don't really see a reason to keep it hidden, we have a pretty major advantage atm and I don't *actually* see much of a disadvantage in doing this - scum RB if they have one is likely gonna be on him regardless now that he's claimed, BP means he can't die anyway, not BP still at least gives him one more night and scum still have to deal with both him and whatever Cakez is

beyond that, the question is, if the outcome is (no vig cc, Aero isn't BP), then if someone has reason to believe they made a successful save, should they claim? i'm thinking of ways we could maybe do this without outing the identity of the healer, but i am not really coming up with anything. if we leave it at that, then either the kill N1 was successfully healed or beeboy is scum, and we can keep that in mind for when a massclaim eventually happens later

someone should probably double check this in case i've missed something obvious
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (isolation #169) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also, if we hit scum today then this game is pretty much entirely broken with a RB and a tracker (?) in the game

and this should be obvious, but if three mafia die and game is still going, autolynch Aero

p-edit: k
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2277 (isolation #170) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i am pretty sure that means nothing unusual last night, proceed as usual today, but i'd like some other people to weigh in because i'm *not* completely sure if this is error-proof
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2278 (isolation #171) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also, one thing of note, GIF's usual policy is "i allow scum to kill and action if they're the last scum remaining" and he has displayed a history of allowing full action+kill in role madness games
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2279 (isolation #172) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i will lol if i actually managed to evade a NK by talking the rest of the town into auto-lynching Varsoon upon me being killed N1
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (isolation #173) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2280, Aeronaut wrote:I don't see how killing me makes any sense. He protected me, supposedly.
i don't think Varsoon's action on you was a protect, i think it was a kill and he didn't protect anyone due to being the kill executor. it doesn't make any sense that he'd protect you if you're town. i don't think being a miller is a particularly good reason for not killing you, either

why do you disagree with the rest of what i wrote in that paragraph?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2287 (isolation #174) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by pieguyn »

unvote:

we're coordinating actions tonight for if Wisdom flips scum. no one put him at L-1 until this is done
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (isolation #175) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2289, Aeronaut wrote:Pie what's you're opinion on mhsmith
i didn't think his play was particularly scummy but after seeing your post about him i definitely want to look over his Varsoon interactions again
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2299 (isolation #176) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't think any of {Luna, Nahdia, Aero, Cakez-kun, GE} are scum

the nice thing about mhsmith0 being a bomb vendor here is that there really isn't any potential to counter a tracker with it - the major counter would be ninja, but if it's a ninja you don't see it vend, if it's not a ninja you see it visiting twice

i think probably the % play is have Cakez-kun track mhsmith0, and then just have Aero and Luna target someone from the remaining players - given GIF's usual policy is to allow scum to action and kill if they're the last scum remaining, i don't know if i like specifically directing actions here since all it does it allow scum to know who is targeting who. there's a 25% chance of overlap with this, but, meh

i honestly don't know if i would question a "clear" or one of my town reads first if it really came down to it. this being a troll setup makes it kind of weird.

fwiw, based on reads, i think dwlee is most likely the last scum
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (isolation #177) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

mhsmith0 shouldn't vend anyone who is likely to die tonight, either. i think this means he should vend someone outside of {me, Luna, Cakez-kun} but that is not entirely rigid if anyone wants to propose a different pool
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2302 (isolation #178) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2300, Nahdia wrote:this is probably as good a time as any to clarify for anyone who wasn't clear that i'm town.
wait. what?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2309 (isolation #179) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2305, mhsmith0 wrote:FWIW I'm pretty flexible on who I visit tonight. I def. think a pool of potentials should be discussed before lynch. Obv not 100% clearing but probably helps, though depends a bit on what JK does I guess.

Probably JK should randomize Jk of me, tracker, and another top suspect, but I haven't really thought it through yet.
for one, what Luna said, but also I mostly am interested in using the roles to clear people as town - that way unless it gets explicitly countered, we force scum either into no killing or confirming people by way of how RB and tracker work.

also it occurs to me that GIF probably isn't above giving scum a ninja where the ninja only applies to when they kill people, but, whatever
In post 2307, Luna Fox wrote:Also why are we assuming scum shot Aero? he claimed miller no?
someone being a miller isn't a good reason to go out of your way to leave them alive, if there is good reason to kill them. do you disagree with the first paragraph of my ?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2310 (isolation #180) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by pieguyn »

actually something I just thought of, if Wisdom is scum I'm thinking back to ~ where I got really pissed off at him and then mhsmith came in and said it was scummy.

could easily see that as a scum/scum interaction. even though realistically it's probably closer to null, I suppose.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2311 (isolation #181) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by pieguyn »

there's also , which is the same thing directed to GE.

hmm
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2313 (isolation #182) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

you have about 30 seconds to explain to me in what universe Varsoon heals someone who he was "skeptical" of and not... you know... any of his town reads
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (isolation #183) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

you're so totally fucked btw
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2317 (isolation #184) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I had this amazing post written out that I was going to post when day opened, then Varsoon flipped and everyone else came to the realization you were scum and I didn't need to post it.

I was so, so, so ready, I was gonna fight both of you at the same time and it would have been beautiful.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (isolation #185) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:57 am

Post by pieguyn »

dwlee next, I think.

I think probably we should either wait another night on beeboy or just let Aero shoot him.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (isolation #186) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2401, Aeronaut wrote:Pie in what world is Beeboy being blocked and there being no kill not clear to you
the most painful town loss I had (or maybe second most) was caused because scum attempted a no kill gambit, on N2 directly after consecutive scum lynches D1/D2, and town not only mislynched the RB target, but they fucked up an autowin scenario and generally cleared the scum as town because his play looked too insanely risky to be coming from scum.

reads are always more important than role info
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2407 (isolation #187) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

declaring actions is fine today, I think, since it doesn't look like the scum has any obvious counters to any of our roles.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2409 (isolation #188) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:41 am

Post by pieguyn »

like Aero, I hope you realize that game I mentioned in my last post was so painful for me that it almost made me quit the site because I felt so disgusted with myself.

so no, I'm not lynching purely on the basis of beeboy being RB'ed when there was no kill and I don't like that people are just assuming he's confirmed scum because he was RB'ed when there was no kill. if you want to make it happen without me, fine, but I'm not.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (isolation #189) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

the thing with dwlee is Wisdom spent the entire D1 pretty much just chainsawing for them, and moreover, Wisdom has an extensive history of being very, very, very scared of me when he's scum and I'm town, moreso than it makes any amount of rational sense to be; every single game he tends to call for kills on me N1 or at the earliest possible opportunity where it'd make sense to kill me.

with that said, I'm going to jump back to this post...
In post 1138, pieguyn wrote:the two people who i want to focus the absolute most on right now are {dwlee, Varsoon}

if dwlee is town, then in this post I have named Wisdom's partner and a townie. if I'm scum and there's a town player in the game who I'm really scared of, and they name all of my partners but whiff on one person, what do I do? lynch the townie with them, try to cater to them and make sure they stay town reading me, nightkill them overnight and try to play my way around it the next day. what do I not do? attempt to invent some push on them for pretty much no reason whatsoever and risk not only blowing my cover but blowing my partner's cover as well. if you go back to /, his read on me was definitely prompted by my posts after I entered the game and started posting actively about Varsoon/dwlee-scum, and he didn't have any material to legitimately feign a push on me with (the best he could come up with to push me was "your walls are manipulative", so yeah it wasn't an "I think I'd have made it as town" sort of push), which indicates he was just straight up forcing the read because he wanted to force a read on me for whatever reason.

if dwlee is scum, on the other hand? then I'm entirely fucked unless I bus, which I know Wisdom has a tendency to be averse to, and if you don't want to bus there's really no real option besides attempting to push back on the aggressor and cause chaos - which is exactly what Wisdom forced himself to do.

dwlee being scum would also explain his choice in targets in Cakez-kun fairly nicely, given as I said his pushes definitely seemed more strategic than reasonable.

on dwlee's side, I still think all of their pushes this game have just been bad and forced, and they spent the entire second half of D1 ensuring whatever counterwagon to Varsoon was more viable would get through, but ... /shrug
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2412 (isolation #190) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 am

Post by pieguyn »

also beeboy if scum almost definitely doesn't have any counter to Luna chain RB'ing him, which makes it safer to co-ordinate actions based around him as opposed to someone else, I think. or at least if I was him and I had some way of countering town roles, I'd absolutely have used it on Luna N2.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (isolation #191) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:00 am

Post by pieguyn »

I don't want a scenario where e.g. the last role is something along the lines of a scum ascetic or a scum RB, which Luna blocks and falsely "clears". I feel like I've stressed enough that no "clear" is ever fully clear in this setup, but... yeah.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2440 (isolation #192) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:23 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2423, Aeronaut wrote:OK so then it makes sense that if Dwleee is town, I shoot Beeboy tonight.

But that's also assume we're right about it being one of those two; if not we're at a disadvantage tomorrow, yes?
if dwlee is town, then either you shoot beeboy and Luna blocks outside of beeboy, or Luna blocks beeboy again and you shoot outside of beeboy.

p-edit: OK, that claim might actually be scum. let me think a bit.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2441 (isolation #193) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:25 am

Post by pieguyn »

I don't want to deal with any of your fake claims. that's your actual role?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2445 (isolation #194) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 am

Post by pieguyn »

the thing is I wasn't expecting more than one "vanilla" role in the game and I was operating under the assumption GIF was treating neighbor roles as a modifier and not a full role. but w/e, I could easily be wrong so I don't really care that much.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2447 (isolation #195) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:30 am

Post by pieguyn »

yes, hence "more than one" and me saying your claim might be fake

also,
In post 19, beeboy wrote:Also as a side note on one hand I am incredibly happy with my role pm this game on the other hand I am 99% sure no one will actually believe me when I have to claim.....
So yeah just mentioning this now.
what was this about?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (isolation #196) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by pieguyn »

making all three scum neighbors, as well as putting two scum into one neighborhood, is not beyond GIF at all. speculation based around that should cease and desist.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2489 (isolation #197) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2485, pisskop wrote:Like wholly hell Its possible for 3 scum to be in one hood but we are trying to lynch based on old data for an old situation?
what are you even on about? I'm explicitly making the argument that neighborhoods are entirely irrelevant and that speculation about it should stop.

I want to lynch dwlee based on his play/interactions, not anything role related.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2491 (isolation #198) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

EBWOP
In post 2489, pieguyn wrote:
In post 2485, pisskop wrote:Like wholly hell Its possible for 3 scum to be in one hood but we are trying to lynch based on old data for an old situation?
what are you even on about? I'm explicitly making the argument that neighborhoods are entirely irrelevant and that speculation about it should stop.

I want to lynch dwlee based on their play/interactions, not anything role related.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2492 (isolation #199) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2490, pisskop wrote:I dont think he is scum.

And we know that the sk needs to thin out the herd.
if you don't think they're scum, then argue the point - walk me through why you have a town read on them or why you disagree with my assessment of their play

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”