Mini 1856 - This Mafia Game is for pieguyn (Game Over)

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1819, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have a suspicion we are playing medical mafia btw
no faith healer or vt or neighbors in that
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1715, Wisdom wrote:I also cant really see the logic behind a scum faith healer
this is the part about your "info" that is incorrect.

this is not a setup that is supposed to make sense or have any "logic" to it, this is a setup where GIF just decided to go insane and troll. it would not surprise me in the slightest if roles didn't have any correlation with alignment at all - saying a mafia faith healer wouldn't exist is wrong for all the same reasons as saying a mafia nurse wouldn't exist
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Laughing forever at 'scum need to generate content'.

Scum's game is to sip margaritas and watch town self-destruct. Town are the ones who have to do any modicum of work.

Pie, I've been engaged with multiple players from the start. You're not a part of my neighborhoods--for one, where I've been posting and interacting.
Two, you're so vain--you probably think this game is about you. You keep posting as if your word is law, but you've been less than transparent about a lot of your read shifts and judgments. When pushed to explain things, you wall up with NAI reasons for people to be scum. Look at Nahdia, in juxtaposition: Nahdia can explain a scumread on Dwlee in a single sentence and it's clear, concise, and follows. When you explain your scumreads, it's a multi-paragraph endeavor which often boils down to "I don't like this player's shit play" and you don't even really explain
why
the play is objectively shitty. I've led so much discussion and been the originator of tons of alignment-reflective info this game--I was the one who put Drealz to the fire, revealed how they play under pressure and got their claim. I was the one who brought the multiple neighborhood aspect of the game to light. I'm the one who was critical of Aero's claim and provided driving insight both there and on you, in such a way that generated rather generous responses from both. If it's 'scummy' to move the game into action, to have players engaged, on-topic, and producing transparent reads, posts, and arguments, then you better put that goddamn noose around my throat right now. This is my only game on-site. If you want to parrot the Varsoon!Effort = Varsoon!Scum meme, be my guest--I could be dropping these hours into designing FFT mafia, yet another game where I'll put in some 80+ hours of effort (in design alone, not even in running the game) only for chucklefucks to not appreciate it. You act as if this game isn't constantly open on a tab for me. You act as if you aren't incredibly cognizant of the way I approach games and get invested in them. You're pushing every one of my buttons and, yes, it gets to me. It fires me up. It makes me want to suplex things into overdrive.

In post 1819, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have a suspicion we are playing medical mafia btw
I have no clue what medical mafia is. Elaborate? How does this being like that help us?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1827, Varsoon wrote:Nahdia can explain a scumread on Dwlee in a single sentence and it's clear, concise, and follows. When you explain your scumreads, it's a multi-paragraph endeavor which often boils down to "I don't like this player's shit play" and you don't even really explain why the play is objectively shitty.
yes, yes, the "you're not concise enough hence your argument is invalid" argument

such a paragon of towniness. can't see why scum would want to try to force the game into an environment where it's impossible to write an argument with any amount of detail. not at all

see, if you were reading objectively, you would realize that the only reason I wrote in that much detail about my read on you is because beeboy failed to understand a lot of the nuance behind a lot of what I wrote in my initial post about you, which *was* written very concisely. I can say concisely that you spent 40 pages of game accomplishing nothing but hard-pushing completely nonsensical reads on drealz and Aero, dropped the push on drealz out of convenience after his wagon died due to a null claim, and are being deliberately dense, but if people read what I'm writing and don't understand why I'm saying the things I am then yes I will go into detail about it.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1827, Varsoon wrote:I've led so much discussion and been the originator of tons of alignment-reflective info this game--I was the one who put Drealz to the fire, revealed how they play under pressure and got their claim. I was the one who brought the multiple neighborhood aspect of the game to light. I'm the one who was critical of Aero's claim and provided driving insight both there and on you, in such a way that generated rather generous responses from both. If it's 'scummy' to move the game into action, to have players engaged, on-topic, and producing transparent reads, posts, and arguments, then you better put that goddamn noose around my throat right now. This is my only game on-site. If you want to parrot the Varsoon!Effort = Varsoon!Scum meme, be my guest--I could be dropping these hours into designing FFT mafia, yet another game where I'll put in some 80+ hours of effort (in design alone, not even in running the game) only for chucklefucks to not appreciate it. You act as if this game isn't constantly open on a tab for me. You act as if you aren't incredibly cognizant of the way I approach games and get invested in them. You're pushing every one of my buttons and, yes, it gets to me. It fires me up. It makes me want to suplex things into overdrive.
is this what players today refer to as LAMIST?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by pieguyn »

like I've seen Varsoon ATE as town, this doesn't feel like how that felt at all. it doesn't feel genuine, it feels like he's deliberately trying to inject personal feelings into it to make people feel dirty for continuing to push him.

and before people go "nup", this is someone who literally faked a frustrated replace out as the last scum in a game when he was at L-1.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:00 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1830, pieguyn wrote:and before people go "nup", this is someone who literally faked a frustrated replace out as the last scum in a game when he was at L-1.
to be clear, I mean to say that he actually replaced out of the game and let someone else take his slot, despite it being faked emotion to get people to hopefully town read his slot (even though he was no longer in the game...).

is it a really low move? fuck yes it is, that's exactly the point I'm making here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:04 am

Post by pieguyn »

I just generally think, based on all my experience with him, Varsoon is someone who would never take a mafia game so personally; he'd fight through it and bear in mind that at the end it's just a game. my experience with him includes at *least* one game where we got stuck in a huge mutual tunnel on each other, which in one case resulted in him being ran up and forced to claim as the strongest role in the game.

he was fucking pissed, but it did *not* become personal in the same way he is making this here.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:11 am

Post by pieguyn »

like fuck me, I wish that there was someone from PYP6 in this game so that I could pull up where ICE said practically the exact same fucking thing about "look how this person is capable of explaining a read in a single sentence and making it actually understandable". no surprise, he was scum attempting to flood the game with noise and shut down any form of clear discussion.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:59 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1828, pieguyn wrote:such a paragon of towniness. can't see why scum would want to try to force the game into an environment where it's impossible to write an argument with any amount of detail. not at all
lol
how the fuck is anyone forcing the game into that?

Nice dodging the point there. Varsoon was saying that your walls look like manipulation and I completely agree
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

V/LA till Monday
though I'll probably post occasionally
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

I still don't get how the faith healer can't be scum???
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1827, Varsoon wrote: Two, you're so vain--you probably think this game is about you.
Mini 1856 -
This Mafia Game is for pieguyn
I have no clue what medical mafia is. Elaborate? How does this being like that help us?
It's a game with a lot of protective roles.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

@Gamma:
Spoiler:

@Pieguyn: I'm not taking it personally here, either. Sure, my frustrations and furor are genuine, but all that stuff that you're putting down is water off my back in the grand scheme of things. It's annoying, sure. It doesn't give me anything to really engage with, either. I don't know why you're so dead-set on calling everything I do in this game scum. I push drealz because I have a strong scumread there? You called that out as scum, telling me I'm not focused on anything else. I stop giving drealz pressure because he's clearly dropped out of the thread and not responding to it--instead, I focus on trying to sort out my other reads? You call that busywork and an awkward drop-off of the drealz wagon. I defend and stand by own play after you slam down on me? Oh, it's LAMIST, despite the fact that LAMIST only applies when someone's town-gloating unprompted.

Basically, I don't get it, pie. I don't get why you're so absolutely rigid in seeing everything I do as a scum move. I'm trying to understand. Like, I get why you'd bring up my play in other games, appealing to emotion as scum in a move that, frankly, should've gotten me a 2-week ban; you're trying to say I'm capable of anything as scum. And that's true. But that doesn't make everything that I do a scum move. You want to see the biggest AtE ever dropped on-site? Follow my ISO in Clue Mafia 2--I was town in that game. I'm clearly capable of employing those sorts of appeals as either alignment, and, while, sure, it works sometimes, it often doesn't. It's often borne of my frustration with a game, especially when I'm not seeing eye to eye with other players and no one cares to level with me.

I don't know what you want from me, Pie. I don't know what would constitute good play, in your eyes. I don't know what to say, beyond what I have. I don't think I'm a good player. I try stupid gambits as scum and I'm either too full tilt or distanced as town. If my play being shit is solely what's informing a scum read on me, I'm going to take umbrage with that. A meta argument is something I can understand--if you were to say, "Compare Varsoon's D1 play here to his D1 play in these other games, he's clearly not bringing the same strengths to the table, this is reflective of his scum play," then, yeah, sure, that'd at least be something to grapple with. But I don't see you doing that. You've only brought up my meta, specifically, as of this last page, to call out that I make AtE's as scum. And, hey, here I am, engaging with that and refuting it. The other stuff, though? The stuff about me being shit? The scumpainting of everything I do? I can't really offer anything to that. Maybe that's why you're sticking to that--I can't out and out prove it wrong, as my actions this game are there for everyone to see and judge. It just bothers me that you take this route of pursuit. I just have to accept that you're wrong, and have confidence in what I am doing. That's, really, all I can do.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

Speaking of Clue, this is reminding me a ton of my interaction with Piratemollie in that game. :/
It's not good for the game.
I'm done engaging on this front, Pie.
Luna Fox
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Luna Fox
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Luna Fox »

Hmm, the Varsoon here feels different than the Varsoon in Street Fighter Mafia.
I think you're wrong pie.
~Gotta stay happy, Everyone's your friend~
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:16 am

Post by beeboy »

I do agree actually.
Varsoon in Street Fighter was more like "why are you guys doing this to me"
Varsoon here is more "Fuck you guys for doing this to me"
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:16 am

Post by beeboy »

Also I am going to reply to you Pie once I get to a computer.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:47 am

Post by Nahdia »

pieguyn i love you but i can't help but skip a lot of your posts just saying.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:19 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

is there anything any of you would like me to address? becaaauuuuse....holyfuckinshitppls! killla motherfucker already what more do you need?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

Read, explained, if you would please.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Varsoon »

In text written in the form of words that come together as complete sentences, in the game thread, please.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:55 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

omfg what are you on about? you just keep wanting to milk a dry teet! I gave you all I had

scum
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:56 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 1829, pieguyn wrote: is this what players today refer to as LAMIST?
yes, so very hard, yes
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

zzz
You know what disregarding claims drealmerz is probs the scummiest guy here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”