Author Topic: Episode 3: A swap should reinvigorate things  (Read 537 times)

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
Episode 3: A swap should reinvigorate things
« on: November 09, 2020, 10:47:28 pm »
bill has read oots, and has read from almost the start
lobster man used to read oots
paulie has not read oots, but is going to after having seen a page that i shared with him

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 3: A swap should reinvigorate things
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 10:50:36 pm »
what if i made an Order of the Stick alliance with Vincent and Bill? :thinking:

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 09:34:50 am »
Yay, I'm having nice longer posts with Bill! He claims that he's gotten into more substantial conversation with me than he did with his former tribe mates the whole time. I believe that for the two that are here, but he could always be hiding a strong relationship from the last tribe. Regardless, I want to work with him. I mentioned how Vincent has also read oots, and asked him how it's been with him. We'll see how he responds to that.

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:49:40 pm »
Robster and I were talking about how us three seem to be the only talkative ones on the tribe, I have found it difficult to talk to Vince and Slim Shady.  Were they this quiet on your previous tribe?
I've been getting a lot of hints that paulie and robster are closer to each other than to bill. If what paulie is saying here is accurate, then i have a lot of options for how to proceed in this tribe. i'm connected to everyone. i'm not sure where i want to go yet. must gather more info. i'm tired right now. i'll try to think through things more later.

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 09:34:35 am »
apparently shady shin is running around saying that the luchessers will vote together. that annoys me. i don't want this to come down to tribal lines. this comes courtesy of bill.

speaking of which, me and bill are strengthening our relationship. he says that paulie was the most connected back in gambino, which is interesting because he makes such short PMs. I'm trying to subtly suggest the direction of taking one paulie or rob, probably paulie based on that info. despite what i just said about breaking across tribal lines. i'm just hesitant to disturb pieces of two of my potential alliances from before. i know, i'm being hypocritical.

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 09:48:55 am »
i miss u spectators

here's a ranking for you though

bill
vincent
rob
shady guy
paulie

i wonder if rob will overcome vincent

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 09:51:30 am »
so, paulie hasn't tried to go any further with what was being suggested in the above quote. we've just been chatting still

Offline Skinny Mickey

• Friends of the Family
  • Eyyy I'm watchin' here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 10:20:41 am »
apparently shady shin is running around saying that the luchessers will vote together. that annoys me. i don't want this to come down to tribal lines. this comes courtesy of bill.

speaking of which, me and bill are strengthening our relationship. he says that paulie was the most connected back in gambino, which is interesting because he makes such short PMs. I'm trying to subtly suggest the direction of taking one paulie or rob, probably paulie based on that info. despite what i just said about breaking across tribal lines. i'm just hesitant to disturb pieces of two of my potential alliances from before. i know, i'm being hypocritical.
Eyyy, so do ya think Bills is gonna flip, or could we be lookin' at one of those, whadda ya call em, Mexican standoffs here?

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 10:45:57 am »
i want to be voting with bill one way or another. i am not unwilling to sacrifice one of vincent or shin. as i think about it, there's even some merit to the idea. especially if it happens in a way where i can pretend i was not a part of it. like if there's some kind of vote splitting. and then i can be like oh no we really need to stick together now! and it might cause retaliation in other tribe, although that's all split as well. and i could hide my relationship with bill. just brainstorming right now.

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 10:54:34 am »
maybe if we go to TC twice, we get out vincent and paulie who are the most connected. like shin only has the bobfather in the other tribe from what i can tell. vincent was getting along with everyone it seemed.

but who first? i'll be talking with bill about that, but for now i have therapy

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2020, 05:39:30 pm »
Mafia and especially Survivor really bring out the social side of things.  It is necessary to have any sort of success.  Even in Mafia if you cannot be somewhat social you will be easy pickings to get lynched whatever your role is.

Play by Post D&D does seem like it would be challenging to get an entire group with enough commitment.  I have had a lot of good irl groups over the years, especially in college it was great to get people together to play.  I just recently got a t-shirt with a D20 on it that says How I Roll because I am a big geek like that.

No actually, they phased out that system not long after we graduated so my roommate has the distinction of being the first and last person to move from one gendered college to the other.  Very weird to think about how a lot of things used to be and the way it impacts how things are still done today.

I will have to chat with Vince about OotS now that you mention that.  We have not had too much of a chance to connect yet.  He and Shady have both been quiet, but to be fair to them I was not here much yesterday either.

Shady did come out and tell me he thinks you three will vote as a bloc.  While I appreciate him being forthright, I would like to know if you three were allies before this swap or if you just feel forced together.  Because there does seem to be some expectation that my former tribemates and I should stick together too, but at least from my perspective that is not born out of any sort of pre existing agreement.

To be honest out of everyone here I would most like to work with you but I do not want to put either of us in a poor position because of this evenly split tribe dynamic.
Hmm, same. Bill indicated to me that the former Gambinos are intending to bloc vote, surprise surprise. Though he also understandably he also doesn't want to be on the bottom of a new totem pole. If we do end up losing the challenge I guess I'll keep trying to work on him, see if I can make him a tempting offer.
hmmmmm

Offline Brown Eyes

• Friends of the Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 06:13:34 pm »
What did he mean by this?

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 11:31:10 am »
Who? Which person? I quoted two people.

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 11:37:07 am »
further information is that Shady Shin later admitted to having told Bill that we were a bloc. Something that he left out at first. That's kinda shady. like he wants to scare us into working together.

his behavior in general has been kind of odd. why would you expect that telling someone that the lucheckers are a bloc is going to get them to vote with you when you don't actually have a majority?

Offline Crystal

• The Colombo Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2020, 11:38:40 am »
i had some anxiety last night and i feel a little bad right now. it would be very nice if there was no TC, please