DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:32 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

How am I confirmed innocent? I must have skipped that chapter.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Adel »

Death Scene

vollkan, an Inuit Mafia Goon, has been killed

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

votecount as of 1069

with 6 alive, 4 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

vollkan:
:populartajo,

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit, vollkan

Day 4's deadline is December 31st at 08:08 (UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
Last edited by Adel on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Korts »

Cool.

Adel:
the votecount's off. With vollkan newly
wed
dead, it should be 6 alive, 4 to lynch.

thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it now. ~Adel
scumchat never die
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Elmo »

Ding ding ding.

That is weird. I would have thought the mafia have a RB with cop+doc in the setup. Are we looking at a four person mafia?
o o
Vollkan's reaction is certainly consistent with pretty much either 3 or 4. But I woulda thought they'd have blocked Korts. Ugh.

Does c. sk vs. 3 mafia vs. tracker + doc + cop seem at all balanced to people?
roflcopter wrote:dgb, des and raging rabbit are all surely town, so i think we're in pretty great shape right now.
is almost certainly the list of people he protected. Actually, I suppose it's possible the scum simply didn't get a kill in on day 2, so at least one of those might not be confirmed. Hrm. I suppose not confirmed, then.. I was just taking rofl literally, so to speak.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:35 am

vollkan wrote:Go town!!
Mmmm, that was not sincere...

But Yay! I wasn't wrong about every player!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:36 am

Elmo wrote:Ding ding ding.

That is weird. I would have thought the mafia have a RB with cop+doc in the setup. Are we looking at a four person mafia?
o o
Vollkan's reaction is certainly consistent with pretty much either 3 or 4. But I woulda thought they'd have blocked Korts. Ugh
Maybe they didn't have time?

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Korts »

I'm actually still suspicious of Elmo. 4 scum is much more likely than 1 GF and 2 Goons against a Cop-Doc-Vig-Tracker town. At this point, a guilty on his scumbuddy when it's considered unlikely for there to be a fourth scum would basically mean an auto-win for the cop fakeclaimant.
scumchat never die
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Adel »

destructor wrote:
Mod:
Is the SK immune to it's own kills?
nope. Ditto for the vig.
Raging Rabbit wrote: Question is,
mod
, does the SK's random kill go off at the end of the day even if he gets lynched?
nope. Ditto for the vig. I like that idea though. I think I'll use it in my next game.

votecount as of 1075

with 6 alive, 4 will lynch before deadline

¬No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:destructor, DrippingGoofball, Elmo, Korts, populartajo, Raging Rabbit

Day 4's deadline is December 31st at 08:08 (UTC)

Countdown timer to deadline
Last edited by Adel on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Korts »

Adel:
I noticed another thing :) Sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but vollkan's still being voted post-humously?

Thanks again. ~Adel
scumchat never die
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Elmo »

Maybe Adel thought a godfather + 3 goons was enough compensation for the cop. That might effectively be stronger than GF + goon + RB.

Anyway, I can make the balance argument that I'm fairly obviously a real cop. It should be fairly obvious; either I'm mafia or cop, if I'm mafia then the town requires more power in order for this to be balanced. There aren't really any power roles left to claim other than roleblocker. A hypothetical real cop would have counterclaimed me by now. But I guess this is superfluous.

I suppose it's possible, DGB, Korts was pencilled in to be vigging me, but I think everyone except Tajo (?) posted since then.

mod
: Hypothetically, can mafia power role choices be submitted by other mafia members? As in, could Vollkan have submitted an action for an Inuit Mafia Roleblocker if one exists?

Even the worst case looks fairly decent, now. I suppose I should be curious what exactly the case against me was supposed to comprise, but there we go. (I have not forgotten you, monsieur Korts. :P)
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Elmo »

Korts wrote:4 scum is much more likely than 1 GF and 2 Goons against a Cop-Doc-Vig-Tracker town.
I love how your argument is predicated on an existent cop. Would you please explain to the gallery how compulsive vig + doc + tracker is balanced against 1 GF + 3 goons? Or why the mafia would have even have a godfather with no cop in the setup?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Adel »

Elmo wrote:
mod
: Hypothetically, can mafia power role choices be submitted by other mafia members? As in, could Vollkan have submitted an action for an Inuit Mafia Roleblocker if one exists?
In past games I have allowed it.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:57 am

Post by Korts »

Elmo, if you're a third goon instead of cop, and I'm a vig, that's pretty balanced IMO; it would basically be four goons against a well-endorsed but possibly swingy town.
Elmo wrote: (I have not forgotten you, monsieur Korts. :P)
I better hope not! If you're asking for clarification on the case on you (I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say if that's not it) it's still the relatively strongly implied connection between you and Yos.
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Elmo wrote:Does c. sk vs. 3 mafia vs. tracker + doc + cop seem at all balanced to people?
Doesn't seem all that unbalanced. Remember that doc and tracker are weakened since they have to submit their action before the kill for it to work.

I still lean heavily towards Korts being the SK and last anti town player, but to maximize our options we should lynch someone else today and have another two kils tommorow, one of them being Korts. That's excellent odds if you ask me.

Basically, we need to pick two out of Elmo, tajo, DGB, des and myself. Elmo claiming an innocent on me makes me the only truely confirmed player, since we can't be scum together - 5 is just way excessive. des is also totally town, and deserves this win if he somehow isn't. So between the rofl-confirmed DGB, Elmo and tajo, I'd say we're best off lynching Elmo and tajo. Elmo should investigate Korts tomorrow to maximize our knowledge, so
vote: tajo

Oh, and we're best off massclaiming, just to make sure.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by Korts »

Elmo wrote:
Korts wrote:4 scum is much more likely than 1 GF and 2 Goons against a Cop-Doc-Vig-Tracker town.
I love how your argument is predicated on an existent cop. Would you please explain to the gallery how compulsive vig + doc + tracker is balanced against 1 GF + 3 goons? Or why the mafia would have even have a godfather with no cop in the setup?
Umm what? How is my argument predicated on an existent cop? I'm saying exactly that the possibility for a cop is very low considering that there already was a doc and a tracker, and I know I am a vig.

And a vig-doc-tracker combo vs. basically 4 goons is more balanced because the vig is far swingier than a cop. I don't get to confirm innocents, I kill them if I happen to target them; and a tracker is a weaker investigative role than a cop. Weigh in an added scum role compared to a 3-man faction, and I think that's more than reasonable for a 14-player game.
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Elmo wrote:
Yeah, saying cop instead of tracker there is kind of a serious slip. I'm almost sure Elmo's a real cop now. Anyways, game breaking plan:

We lynch tajo. Tomorrow, Elmo investigates Korts. If he claims an innocent, we have Korts vig him and if he isn't scum lynch DGB. If he claims a guilty, we still have Korts vig him and if he doesn't or does and Elmo turns town, we lynch Korts. Pretty much a guaranteed win, I'd say.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Oh, wait. That wasn't a slip from Korts. Misread him. Game breaking plan still stands, though. :)
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Elmo »

I think there are holes in that, RR, but I'm too tired to sketch out a better one. Probably we should just massclaim first.

I still think one of the biggest arguments in my favour is the presence of a godfather, even beyond the balance factor. Not sure this really matters, though. (shrug)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Korts »

Note, Elmo, that a Godfather can easily be just a red herring for scum. It doesn't prove or disprove the existence of a cop.
scumchat never die
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

There only hole I see is that des has a slim chance of being both scum and a genius. Other than that, seems a guaranteed win.

And the existence of a GF proves nothing.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Elmo »

rofl must have protected Des. I don't think he can be scum.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

He could've plausibly chose to protect DGB d1, then D2 the scum just didn't get to send a kill in and D3 he protected me. But yeah, extremely unlikely. We basically win.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by destructor »

Korts wrote:Elmo claiming an innocent on me makes me the only truely confirmed player, since we can't be scum together - 5 is just way excessive.
I hadn't noticed this. I suppose it's true, unless Elmo is a Cop and you're a second Godfather.

Thinking...
1 Mafia Godfather
2-3 Mafia Goons
1 Mafia [something]
1 Vig
1 Tracker
1 Doctor
1 Cop
3 Townies
3 Unclaimed

Eh, it really doesn't seem likely. We were lucky as hell that the Mafia didn't get any kills in on the first 3 days. We could have a Roleblocker or a duplicate power role who hasn't claimed yet, but to me that would only make the setup more swingy if we have 4 Mafia. I think a second Mafia Godfather could actually be balanced here, though, even if Korts is an SK.

All of this said, I'm pretty confident that the last scum is Korts the SK.

But, just in case.

We have at most 2 scum from different factions left. There are 6 alive and the option of a lynch today.

A.
If we no lynch today, we enter day 5 with 6 alive and will see up to 3 deaths. If there ARE 2 scum left and all of the deaths tomorrow are of town, it'll be a prisoners dilemma.

B.
If we lynch today, we enter Day 5 with 5 alive and will see up to 3 deaths (unless we lynched scum). If all of the deaths are of town, the town loses.

C.
If we lynch Korts today, who we know is a killer, we enter Day 5 with 5 alive and will see up to 2 deaths. If both deaths are of town, we'll be in a 3 player end-game.

B could be the same as C if we lynch Korts tomorrow before he puts a kill in. But what would be the point of that? I think it's come to a point of the game where a Compulsive Vig is a liability anyway.

If there are 2 scum left, Korts IS one of them. So, now's the time to lynch him.

Vote: Korts
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by destructor »

destructor wrote:
Korts wrote:Elmo claiming an innocent on me makes me the only truely confirmed player, since we can't be scum together - 5 is just way excessive.
I hadn't noticed this. I suppose it's true, unless Elmo is a Cop and you're a second Godfather.
Whoops. That wasn't Korts. It was the Rabbit.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Let's assume Korts is innocent, 'cause if he's the last scum we win anyways. 5 anti town roles in a 14 player setting is just way, way excessive. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Option A - lynch Korts - 5 left tommorow, we essentially have two lynches to figure out the scum. So one of tajo, Elmo DGB could be scum and win.

Option B - my plan - lynch tajo, tommorow Elmo investigates Korts before getting vigged, which confirms Korts as town if Elmo claims an innocent or scum if he claims a guilty - we earn the possibilty of saving ourselves a mislynch of Korts, enabling a DGB lynch which could decide the game if she happens to be our last scum. Slightly superior.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”