, died Night 2
Riceballtail (replacing Mr Avacado),
Mafia Godfather
, lynched Day 3
afatchic (replacing ZazieR),
Cop
, died Night 3

> A small tip:
This first post will always contain information critical to the game, with the most recent vote count being displayed here (as well as within the thread), deadline information and player list. A great feature of this forum lets you display the first post in a thread as the first post on every page of your thread. This will be very useful in the game, however it’s not 100% needed. If you want to use this feature go to your profile, scroll down to the preferences section and select yes for ‘Always show First Post on every Topic Page’.
Last edited by Haschel Cedricson on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:40 am, edited 32 times in total.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Portland, Oregon, like all large cities, has a character of its own. The jewel of the Pacific Northwest has long been regarded as a friendly place; a town with great parks, environmentally-conscious citizens, and a thriving cultural center.

However, like all large cities, there is also a dark side to Portland that residents don't like to talk about. Despite the friendly face, Portland has a dark past that it would like to forget.

Unfortunately for the town, trouble is brewing in the Rose City. As organized crime spreads down from Seattle, danger is becoming more prevalent.

Somebody ought to do something about it.

That somebody is you.

Last edited by Haschel Cedricson on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:16 am

Here are the rules, partially "liberated" from Awesome Pants:

> Fundamental

1. Enjoy yourself.
2. No one can talk to any other player about the game, unless your role allows it, and then only when you role allows it. If I find out you break this rule, modkill.
3. No quoting mod PMs. Doing so results in a modkill.
4. If I botch something, let me know and I will fix it.
5. No jackassery. If you have to ask yourself if something counts as jackassery or not, the answer is probably "Yes".
6. Days will last a minimum of 3n+x days, where n is the number of players left alive. I will not tell you what x is, and x may change day to day. If x is reached, then I WILL END THE DAY WITH A NO-LYNCH! The simplest way to avoid a no-lynch is to handle everything within 3n days.
7. No quoting mod PMs. Seriously, don't do it.
Red Text
and
Blue Text
are reserved for me. You can use other colors, if you want.

> Voting, lynching and deadlines

9. For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
vote: playername
. The colon is optional.
10. You MUST unvote before changing your vote. Again, unvotes must be bold to count.
11. A lynch will occur at n/2 + 1 votes, rounded down to the nearest integer, where n is the number of players currently alive. Day will end with the lynch.
12. You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. No lynching cannot be done on consecutive nights.
13. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twighlight’, where all alive players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I lock the thread and post a death scene.
14. Once you are dead, you are free to make one “bah” like post, but nothing more.

> Activity

15. Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active. If you will be unable to participate for a period longer than 3 days, please PM me or post in thread.
16. Failure to remain active throughout the game will result in your replacement with my discretion. Try to post at least once every 72 hours.
17. All nights will have a preset deadline, which can be extended at my discretion. If you have a night action, and do not send me an action within the deadline it will be assumed that you do not wish to use that action that night. If you have a role that requires you use that night action and do not send in an action, the action will be randomly decided for you. If you wish choose not to send in an action, a PM to me stating so (rather than not sending anything at all) is appreciated.

> Other

18. Here is the Townie PM, which at least one player recieved:
You are a
Townie
. You have no powers, but you DO get a vote. Use it wisely.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.
Last edited by Haschel Cedricson on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:09 pm

Day One is officially starting GOGOGOGOGO!
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

gogogogogogogogo!

vote: Mr Avacado
because there are too many Misters.
The above written statement is pro-town.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by X »

Vote: ZazierR
for actually being after me alphabetically. How dare you!

To be consistent,
FoS: Y.C
FoS: YOUNG ERIC
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

vote:BC2

for fear that I am the next on his list of "misters" to eliminate.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=115728
http://www.conquerclub.com/static/banner.animated.fgdg.468x60.gif
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

vote:bionicchop2
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Vote chazworthington.

Only people from
Seattle
would call themselves "chaz."
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by chazworthington »

Vote: Farkshinsoup

Bloody spoonerisms
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

oh crap. I am at L-5. I guess I panic and claim now?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by q21 »

Vote X

For having a name shorter than mine.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Y.C »

vote YOUNG ERIC

That should put the young'un in his place.
Arma virumque cano, Troiae qui primus ab oris
Italiam, fato profugus, Laviniaque venit
litora, multum ille et terris iactatus et alto
vi superum saevae memorem Iunonis ob iram
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:05 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vote X
Voting the only female of your three suspect is discrimination!
Ignore the ''R''
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:56 am

Post by X »

Actually, since I'm at L-4, I'll claim: I'm a miller. I heard it's good practice to claim miller early if you are one.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:23 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote:Actually, since I'm at L-4, I'll claim: I'm a miller. I heard it's good practice to claim miller early if you are one.
That is the consensus around these parts. There is no reason not to claim miller if you are one.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 am

Post by q21 »

Only L-5, but anyway...

I'll admit to never having played a game with a miller before, so I'm not sure what the best course of action is to deal with one. Do we lynch him to clear up possible future complications? Do we let him go? Could he be scum trying to hide behind a miller claim? Anyone experience one the matter would be helpful.

unvote
, at least until the issue has been cleared up to some extent
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

q21 wrote:Only L-5, but anyway...

I'll admit to never having played a game with a miller before, so I'm not sure what the best course of action is to deal with one. Do we lynch him to clear up possible future complications? Do we let him go? Could he be scum trying to hide behind a miller claim? Anyone experience one the matter would be helpful.

unvote
- minor, but I don't see a reason to remove a random vote here unless you found a better place for it. Just curious as to why you felt the need to unvote just to discuss the issue.

- How to deal with X here depends on if you believe the claim or not. If you believe him, then there is no reason to lynch him. If he acts scummy, we lynch him.

I have seen this done once before and the player claiming was town. What he has basically done is say if he is investigated, he will come up guilty. We currently have no way of knowing if there is a miller in the game or not. He is either telling the truth or he is scum. Either way he would come up guilty if investigated. Beyond that, there is a level of WIFOM involved (although there is far more advantage for town miller to claim this than lying scum). It is not impossible scum would do this, but less likely than the obvious answer which would have X as town miller.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

q21 wrote:Do we lynch him to clear up possible future complications?
Not yet. If he's still alive in later days, or if he starts dropping other scum tells, then we should revisit the question.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:03 am

Post by q21 »

bionicchop2 wrote:
q21 wrote:Only L-5, but anyway...

unvote
- minor, but I don't see a reason to remove a random vote here unless you found a better place for it. Just curious as to why you felt the need to unvote just to discuss the issue.
Because it was just a random vote. I don't specifically want to lynch or pressure him so why leave my vote there when there is something I want to discuss.
bionicchop2 wrote:- How to deal with X here depends on if you believe the claim or not. If you believe him, then there is no reason to lynch him. If he acts scummy, we lynch him.

I have seen this done once before and the player claiming was town. What he has basically done is say if he is investigated, he will come up guilty. We currently have no way of knowing if there is a miller in the game or not. He is either telling the truth or he is scum. Either way he would come up guilty if investigated. Beyond that, there is a level of WIFOM involved (although there is far more advantage for town miller to claim this than lying scum). It is not impossible scum would do this, but less likely than the obvious answer which would have X as town miller.
Farkshinsoup wrote:
q21 wrote:Do we lynch him to clear up possible future complications?
Not yet. If he's still alive in later days, or if he starts dropping other scum tells, then we should revisit the question.
I think I agree wit both these statements. One question for X though: Why wait until you had attracted a couple of votes, albeit random ones, before making the early miller claim? Why not claim miller in your first post?

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Regarding the miller claim, yes, claiming this day 1 is best practice. The idea is that you make the claim before you could reasonably expect to be investigated.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:17 am

Post by ZazieR »

Wouldn't pressure on X be better for discussion q21?
Ignore the ''R''
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:49 am

Post by q21 »

Only if he refuses to answer the question I asked him.

X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:18 am

Post by X »

I didn't really have a good reason to not claim post 1. Afterward I looked a little bit more into the role, and nothing said not to claim.

After looking again, it was really L-5, because with an even number of people it takes half plus one, not just half. My bad. I wasn't in danger of being lynched (not that L-4 is either :wink:). I'm quite surprised that q21 would actually unvote me, though. Tiny bit eager to present himself as pro-town.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by chazworthington »

bionicchop2 wrote:
So basically we treat X like any other player, except we can't rely on any investigation to clear/catch him.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”