Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 682 - Mayhem in Umore - Game Over, Scum Win!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:18 am

Post by massive »

Umore was, like many small Italian fishing towns, fairly serene. The town ran in an established pattern; the fishing boats went out at a specific time in the morning and came back in at the same time every night, the children went to bed early in the evening, and everyone went to church on Sunday. Umore had lived this quiet, provincial life for decades, maybe centuries. No one could remember when it
wasn't
like this.

So you can imagine what confusion and chaos occurred the morning the first body was found. It was one of the elderly fishermen, stabbed and unceremoniously dumped into the fountain in the square in the center of Umore. Foul play, to be certain ... but who was the culprit? The town buzzed with the story, and soon everyone in town was in the square, waiting to see what would happen.

The mayor eventually arrived as well, and took over the proceedings. "It has come to the attention of my office that there is a more ... "organized" unsavory element in our town. The information indicates that two men have come to this town to infiltrate and upset our town, murder our people, and frighten us into submission. I say to you, we will not let this stand!"

It is currently
Post-Game Wrap-Up

Still Among The Living:

dejkha

Sleeping With The Fishes:

ChuckNorris, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day One

The Fancy Mr Fancy (replaced cute.without.e), Town Cop, killed Night One
seb456zig, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Two
Corvuus (replaces Mr Avacado), Town Doctor, killed Night Two
Mirth, Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Three
nureins, Vanilla Townie, killed Night Three
Drench (replaces Zeppo007) (replaces Serous), Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Four
caf19, Vanilla Townie, killed in end game

This is a Newbie Mafia game run under the F11 configuration. This means that the configuration is one of the following, chosen randomly:

a. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies
b. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies
c. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
d. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies

The roles were assigned randomly as well, and all role PMs will appear in the next post.

Rules
, shamelessly stolen from SensFan:

1. Votes must be in bold for them to count, like this:
Vote: Oman
. Unvotes should also be bolded (
Unvote: Oman
or just
Unvote
) so that I can spot them easier, but it's not required.
2. A simple majority of votes (1/2 the number of living players plus one, rounded down) will achieve a lynch and end the Day. Unvoting after that point will not save someone's life. If a deadline is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered, so be careful.
3. Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be shorter if all night choices are in before the deadline.
4. Dead men tell no tales. If you get killed, stop talking until the game is over.
5. Do not discuss this game with other players outside of this thread, unless your role PM specifically stated you could do so (as scum, and then only at night).
6. Do not directly quote any PMs you receive; I have already posted the roles above, but this holds true for any future messages you receive from me as well.
7. If you see something you don't understand, ASK! Newbie games are here for people to learn and understand; either I or one of the other players will respond to your question. If it has to do with your role, feel free to PM me directly.
8. Treat this game as a commitment; if you're going to be gone for longer than 48 hours (not counting weekends), let us know. I will replace severely inactive players, but your fellow players may choose to lynch you themselves first.
9. Any action which would be illegal to actually do is also illegal to fake (for example, posting a made-up PM that shows a Cop result of guilty/innocent).
10. Have fun; don't be an ass; participate!
Last edited by massive on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:18 am, edited 17 times in total.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:26 am

Post by massive »

Possible Mafia Role PMs:
The Jolly Green Mod wrote:You are a
Mafia Roleblocker
. Along with your partner _________ (who is simply a
Goon
), you've come to Umore to cause trouble. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
Mafia Goon
. Along with your partner _________ (who is a [
Goon
/ pro-Mafia
Roleblocker
]), you've come to Umore to cause trouble. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.

Possible Townie Role PMs:
The Jolly Green Mod wrote:You are the Town
Doctor
of Umore, and through the wonders of medicine, you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked. You may not protect yourself.
The Jolly Green Mod wrote:You are the Respected Town
Cop
of Umore, and due to years on the beat, you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
Townie
of Umore, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:36 am

Post by massive »

Role PMs have been sent out, and the game will begin once all of the PMs have been picked up. In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions or simply confirm that you're alive here in the game thread.
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:01 am

Post by nureins »

Hi all
Thanks to the mod
I am Ready !
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:31 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

/here. My first game. Huzzah!!! :P
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

"I'm what Doctor Spooner would call a Shining Wit!" Me
cute.without.e
cute.without.e
Townie
cute.without.e
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

Post by cute.without.e »

/wave
/dance
Hi all!
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:55 am

Post by dejkha »

/confirmz0rz
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Mirth »

/confirm

'ello all, I'm Mirth and I will be one of your
friendly
neighborhood ICs for this thing. Feel free to harass me with any questions you might have.

Mod: can I vote you for being scum yet? Since I know you are? :P
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by caf19 »

/confirm!

This is my first game as IC, so I'll try my hardest not to do anything horribly wrong. ¬_¬
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Mr Avacado
Mr Avacado
Townie
Mr Avacado
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by Mr Avacado »

Hello /CONFIRM. My first game on this site but currently winning in two others on another site!
Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.
Serous
Serous
Townie
Serous
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:01 am

Post by Serous »

/comfirm
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:59 am

Post by massive »

With only one Role PM still waiting to be picked up, let's go ahead and get started.

It is now DAY ONE. With 9 people alive, it takes 5 to lynch!
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:23 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

Random Vote: Mirth
because I'm scared? :S
"Lag is worse in real life than in Video games. If you don't believe me, look at Jesus, it took him 3 days to respawn after he died!" Khelvaster

nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:42 am

Post by nureins »

Not a random vote.

MINI 487: Mirth is town. A player votes the mod. Mirth votes that player in her first post indicating she does not like mod-votes.
OPEN 92: Mirth is scum. Mirth votes the Mod in her first post.

NEWBIE 682 (this one): Mirth's first post.
Mirth wrote:
Vote: Mirth

A good topic to start with, isnt it ? Give me your opinion about it, please...
ChuckNorris
ChuckNorris
Townie
ChuckNorris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 am

Post by ChuckNorris »

nureins wrote:Not a random vote.

MINI 487: Mirth is town. A player votes the mod. Mirth votes that player in her first post indicating she does not like mod-votes.

Mirth wrote:

I like your arguement.
But
it has one flaw. You have only taken 2 games. If you could find more examples, then maybe I am inclined to agree. But for now i disagree, saying that other games have nothing top do with this.

Anyone else feel like posting?

dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:35 am

Post by dejkha »

It seems like Nureins could be onto something.

"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:55 am

Post by nureins »

dejkha wrote:It seems like Nureins could be onto something.

Newbie game, 3 posts. L-2. No no...

Unvote

Dejkha jumped in the wagon but stated very clearly it was another's case. Do you think my case was so important as to risk a lynch in first page ? especially taking into account this is a newbie game...

FOS: Dejkha
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:00 am

Post by dejkha »

Lol, well I need some kind of lead. Otherwise I don't wanna be making a completely random vote. Even if I'm tricked into lynching a towns person, I don't wanna end up lynching that person because I closed my eyes and picked a random person =P

Unless I'm missing something else I could go by lol.

caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by caf19 »

Whew, interesting start to the game.
nureins wrote:Newbie game, 3 posts. L-2. No no...
Eh, L-2 is not a very dangerous position. Are townies going to quicklynch Mirth? Unlikely. Noob scum are more likely to do so. And by quicklynching from L-2 they have to give both of themselves away. So I wouldn't get so worried as you are about L-2...
nureins wrote:Not a random vote.

Mirth wrote:Mod: can I vote you for being scum yet? Since I know you are?

Mirth is an experienced player. I doubt she'd let such an obvious tell into her game. If you can provide more than 2 games' evidence then perhaps you'll have something worth looking into, but I doubt it. :)

No random vote here, there doesn't seem to be much need for one in this game. Let's hear from everyone else!
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Mirth »

vote:dejkha

this vote should be obvious as it is *not* random. Placing a third vote on me on page 1 saying Nuereins has a lead before I even responded and then saying you don't want to accidentally lynch town.

Nureins: I don't believe in meta and I don't encourage you to either, but if you're going to, then meta all of me, please. I was a townie in Newbie 635 and also voted the mod there. I was a doctor in Mini 635 and also voted the mod there. So I find you resorting to meta in your first post suspect and I find your misleading use of meta also suspect, and frankly, it's hard for me to decide which of you to vote for first (you or Dej that is.) Mod voting is not indicative of anything usually, except joking.

As to my desire to vote Massive, if you feel like metaing futher, I recently got out of a game with him (mini 617, which I advise you all to read so you know how *not* to play), where he was scum. That was that reference.

Caf: actually its more likely for a townie to be the hammer vote on a quicklynch. Also why do you feel there is no need for a vote, random or otherwise?
Mr Avacado
Mr Avacado
Townie
Mr Avacado
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Mr Avacado »

Mmm yeah it is kinda strange to just vote cause someone has suspicion so that makes you a bit more suspicious.
Vote:Dejkha
Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.
cute.without.e
cute.without.e
Townie
cute.without.e
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by cute.without.e »

nureins / caf19 / Mirth - mind explain what an "L-2" position means?

Still watching and try to get a feeling on the game (only played in real life before).

vote: Serous
for being the 1st to sign up but last to confirm...
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by nureins »

@all: my vote on Mirth was nothing relevant, obviously. Its only purpose was to generate debate.

ChuckNorris answered the natural way.
Dej answered in a suspicious way.

However, we need to disentangle if Dej is simply a total noob. Notice that he is suggesting in his answer that Day 1 is gonna finish quickly with random votes' stage...

@Experienced Mirth: Why do you find me suspicious for setting a trap to launch discussion ? I immediately unvoted you and fossed dej which gives a clear message of how stupid I considered my first "case" on you.

@cute: L-2 means only 2 more votes to be lynched
nureins
nureins
100% Pure
nureins
100% Pure
100% Pure

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by nureins »

@caf: I found very interesting Mirth's question about your non-vote. When you answer, please answer also the following related point:

- your post was simply a theory discussion.
- you didnt discuss on Mirth wagon
- you didnt discuss on Dej wagon

Why didnt you vote/asked other person if none of these wagons was interesting for you ?
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 am

Post by dejkha »

nureins wrote:However, we need to disentangle if Dej is simply a total noob. Notice that he is suggesting in his answer that Day 1 is gonna finish quickly with random votes' stage...
Yeah, to me it doesn't seem like, on Day 1, most votes aren't influenced by anything since the game just started. I figured I'd go with any possible lead rather than taking an "eeny meeny miny moe" route. Obviously, I think I just learned that suspicion can arise easier than I thought lol.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”