Mafia 79 - "The Amish Mafia" GAME OVER... WHO WON?

ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:42 am

Post by ValiantValant »

My apologies for stating that the vote was random. I was just clarifying. I see nothing wrong with saying that your vote was random, so as to avoid confusion later in the game. Also, assuming that babygirl and I were scum, why would we vote for the same person? That's just going to spell trouble later in the game if one of us (babygirl or I) was ousted, and suspicion would fall onto the other person automatically. This is a perfect example of this, since babygirl has 2 votes already (I believe), and I have 1. (Although I take it to be random.) It seems like way too big of a risk this early in the game. However, I shall...

Unvote: Korts

I'm uncertain how many votes are needed for a lynch with 20 people, and Korts is already at four votes. So I'll abstain from voting, for now. I do find it interesting that Korts is voting for himself however. Why do that this early?

And before anybody asks "ZOMG VALIANTVALANT, WHY DID YOU MAKE A RESPONSE. YOU'RE BEING TOO DEFENSIVE, LOL." The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Korts »

About this whole random vote thing. I think it's really a null tell. And yeah, if people would want to make a case out of it, they could say there must be a connection between you and babygirl, or maybe babygirl wants to buddy up to you by lynching whoever you want to. All the same, I'm not really fazed by a, what, L-7?
VV wrote: I'm uncertain how many votes are needed for a lynch with 20 people, and Korts is already at four votes. So I'll abstain from voting, for now. I do find it interesting that Korts is voting for himself however. Why do that this early?
Right, so I should vote myself later, when I become more suspicious. Very smart play, attacking yourself. Wait, am I being hypocritical?
VV wrote: And before anybody asks "ZOMG VALIANTVALANT, WHY DID YOU MAKE A RESPONSE. YOU'RE BEING TOO DEFENSIVE, LOL." The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
I don't think you're being too defensive, to tell you the truth. Just too serious. It's all gonna work out, you know. Just relax. Trust me. I'm your best and only friend. If you vote who I say, you'll get a candy. Just lay back and let me do the lynching. All I need is your vote, here, in my pocket, k?
scumchat never die
mr. incrediball
mr. incrediball
Goon
mr. incrediball
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 am

Post by mr. incrediball »

it begins...

vote: valiantvaliant
on the basis that it's the only name i remember right now.
Show
i'm this good at mafia:

wins: none so far (on this site, anyway)

losses: open 72 (as a townie) :(
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Korts »

Confirm vote: Korts
He's a hypocrite. Seriously, get your facts straight, man.
scumchat never die
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 am

Post by q21 »

ValiantValant's vote in the first post of the game proper was most probably random, I just found it interesting that he felt he needed to specifically say so. What I found more interesting were the other two votes I mentioned in post 42, both Riceballtail and babygirl86 placed second votes (Rigel and Korts respectively) and thought that they had to reiterate that those votes were random.

Maybe its nothing, but I brought it up to start some activity other than random voting.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:29 am

Post by ValiantValant »

Korts wrote:About this whole random vote thing. I think it's really a null tell. And yeah, if people would want to make a case out of it, they could say there must be a connection between you and babygirl, or maybe babygirl wants to buddy up to you by lynching whoever you want to. All the same, I'm not really fazed by a, what, L-7?
Eh, point. Wasn't positive how the lynch system worked here. But looking at other games, you're pretty far away from a lynch. Meh, I won't vote you again, simply because I didn't mean anything by it.
VV wrote: I'm uncertain how many votes are needed for a lynch with 20 people, and Korts is already at four votes. So I'll abstain from voting, for now. I do find it interesting that Korts is voting for himself however. Why do that this early?
Korts wrote:Right, so I should vote myself later, when I become more suspicious. Very smart play, attacking yourself. Wait, am I being hypocritical?
I phrased that incorrectly. That's what I get for not previewing my posts. I was asking why you voted yourself in the first place, but right now I think you're just kidding around.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Surye »

Bandwagons are good for the soul.
Unvote Vote: Korts

Oh, and
FoS: VV and Korts
as scum buddies, VV seems to be playing a very n00b bussing on him, and it just reeks to me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

babygirl86 wrote:I state that my vote is random because even though it's pretty much a given that the first few pages have been random, there have been times I have simply voted without stating that it's a random vote and been called scummy for voting without a reason.
Meh, going out of your way to make sure everyone knows your vote is random is SOMEWHAT scummy. As in, an ever so slightly better than random reason for an early vote.

There now follows a public announcement of all the actions which will cause me to attempt to policy-lynch you in this game.

1. Claiming when none of these conditions apply:
a) You're at L-1 or 2
b) You're the, or one of the, leading wagons with deadline looming
c) You're an investigative role with useful information
2. Self-voting outside of the random vote stage. No reason for a town player to do it, ever.
3. Being caught in, or admitting to, a lie. Lying as town is worthwhile only if you're willing to be lynched for it and still think it's a good idea (and usually, not then).

Any attempts to play the 'newbie card' will likely be looked upon with disfavour, but won't automatically result in a policy-lynch attempt. If i'm in a good mood.
nswhorse wrote: I also find it unlikely the scum would be arrogant enough to team up to start a wagon this early on.
Vote: nswhorse
for the first use of wifom in the game.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Surye wrote:Bandwagons are good for the soul.
Unvote Vote: Korts

Oh, and
FoS: VV and Korts
as scum buddies, VV seems to be playing a very n00b bussing on him, and it just reeks to me.
Surye, if I were a busser, would I really be the FIRST ONE to cast a vote on a fellow Scum, with no guarantee of any sort of bandwagon occurring? Please do correct me here, but bussers normally vote for a Scum, hope he's lynched, so they can say "SEE! Korts was Scum! Surely Mafia wouldn't vote for fellow Scum, would they?" Yet, when I voted, there was absolutely no guarantee of any Bandwagon occurring. In fact, it was the first post of the game, so absolutely no bandwagon was guaranteed. I unvoted him in fact, due to a misunderstanding about the amount of votes needed for a lynch. To make matters worse, I specified that it was a random vote. Why would I take the vote off if I was a busser?

At any rate, I see very little reason to vote to Koots again at this point in time. The only thing I see against him is that it's extremely weird that he'll vote for himself, even if it is in jest. But, that definately does not qualify him as scum. And I'm not a big fan of bangwagoning with no support. (Then again, that's probably why I always hate Round 1s, especially when I'm a Townie.)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Surye »

ValiantValant wrote:The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
So do bandwagons.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Surye wrote:
ValiantValant wrote:The reason why I responded was to continue the discussion. Discussion helps Townies catch Mafiosos, as it gives more of a chance for them to slip up.
So do bandwagons.
Point. I'm just not that big on random Round 1 bandwagons. I'm not upset that there is a bandwagon, I just don't wish to join it, as there doesn't appear to be particularly strong support for it. Like I said, should something come up, I will vote for the person being bandwagoned.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

UNVOTE

VOTE: ValiantValant

I say he's posting too much; almost seems like he's trying to defend himself over every action.
ValiantValant
ValiantValant
Townie
ValiantValant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by ValiantValant »

Riceballtail wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE: ValiantValant

I say he's posting too much; almost seems like he's trying to defend himself over every action.
People are making incorrect claims about me. It's not as if I'm posting with no purpose. I understand your point, but thinking that somebody is Mafia because they are just TOO ACTIVE, seems a little rediculous to me. :lol:

Look, I'm sick. I have extra time, and nothing better to do. I see that users have made a response to my posts... what do you want me to do? :roll: I have a feeling that if I WASN'T making responses to the posts in question, I would either be accused of "Lurking" or admitting that the point was valid. :?

(Sorry about the tone in my post, I'm in a bad mood. There's just been some recent trauma in the family, and like I mentioned earlier, I'm sick.)
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I guess I just find it funny that there are so many posts from you, while others are quite clearly lurking. I don't think that it's wrong to be highly active (especially if sick), but it seems out of place when it seems like there's more lurking than posting. Should have seen everyone post at least once since we've started.

OOC: Family trauma sucks. Hope it gets better.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

FOS Riceballtail

Considering how much I defend myself, especially when I am town, I find VVs actions completely fine.

FOS Surye.

This random vote bandwagon is getting too serious. You seem to be supporting it.

And bandwagons never help anyone, besides Mafia. It is as bad as quicklynching.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Mellowed Man
Mellowed Man
Goon
Mellowed Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by Mellowed Man »

I have a hunch VV is just an overactive player due to his sickness. I will
Vote: ValiantValant
and when he gets well from his sickness (I'm sick but getting better at the moment) I will maybe think about removing my vote.
I am striving to improve my Mafia Skills (which I have none atm)
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Surye »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote: FOS Surye.

This random vote bandwagon is getting too serious. You seem to be supporting it.

And bandwagons never help anyone, besides Mafia. It is as bad as quicklynching.
WRONG. It is the single most useful source on information on day 1. Thanks for playing.
ZombieSlayer54
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
ZombieSlayer54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by ZombieSlayer54 »

Except when you go through with it, Surye.

Then it just ends up being a bad thing. Random voting without the intent of actually lynching whomever you hit is fine to start conversation. Actually intending to lynch someone via random vote is well, just plain stupid.

This game is about logic. Not luck.
HIS NAME IS SIR JEREMY WILKINS, AND THAT IS HOW YOU SHALL ADDRESS HIM!
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Surye »

ZombieSlayer54 wrote:Except when you go through with it, Surye.

Then it just ends up being a bad thing. Random voting without the intent of actually lynching whomever you hit is fine to start conversation. Actually intending to lynch someone via random vote is well, just plain stupid.

This game is about logic. Not luck.
Who said I was lynching him? Or even intending to?
FOS: ZombieSlayer54
for over reaction to a harmless wagon on his scumbuddy.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

unvote; vote: ValiantValant

I agree with you about being suspected for too vocal is crap, but almost every single other thing that you have said is just WIFOM.
In a permanent state of Limited Access. I'll understand if I'm replaced in my current games.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Unvote, Vote: Riceballtail
for complaining about VV's talking too much. Attempting to prevent/lessen discussion is scummy.
FoS: Mellowed Man
for the same reason.

ZS: Why are you attacking Surye for pushing for the Korts wagon, but not Korts for also pushing for the Korts wagon?
Do you want your possessions identified?
Evilgorrilaz
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Evilgorrilaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Evilgorrilaz »

Unvote, Vote: VV

So much WIFOM.
When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart <3
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Korts »

Unvote: Korts
he just hasn't replied to my accusations. No point in bandwagoning him this way.
Mellowed Man wrote:I have a hunch VV is just an overactive player due to his sickness. I will
Vote: ValiantValant
and when he gets well from his sickness (I'm sick but getting better at the moment) I will maybe think about removing my vote.
Vote: Mellowed Man
You acknowledge VV's excuse for posting every two minutes, and after that, you vote him implying that your motive for voting him is the same reason you dismissed by acknowledging his sickness?
You're
a hypocrite too, aren't you?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Korts »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
for complaining about VV's talking too much. Attempting to prevent/lessen discussion is scummy.
for the same reason.

ZS: Why are you attacking Surye for pushing for the Korts wagon, but not Korts for also pushing for the Korts wagon?
Uh, was/is Surye pushing my wagon? I thought he was after VV.
scumchat never die
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Surye »

Korts wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:
for the same reason.

Uh, was/is Surye pushing my wagon? I thought he was after VV.
I questioned VV's actions and got on your bandwagon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”