Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count:

Your Worst Nightmare 3 (Gorrad, Incognito Miztef)
Flameaxe 2 (Akonas, Machiavellian-Mafia)
Incognito 1 (Your Worst Nightmare)
Sir Tornado 1 (Patrick)
scotmany12 1 (jack_dillon)
Machiavellian-Mafia 1 (scotmany12)

Not Voting: Sir Tornado, Flameaxe, populartajo

12 alive, 7 to lynch.
Last edited by Glork on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Mitzef wrote: Sir Tornado, from my knowledge of him, never really posts much... ever. maybe that bias provoked my attention?
You are, strictly speaking incorrect. Me posting a lot or not depends on my mood, feelings about the particular game and the general discussion in it. The discussion in this game so far (about the fourth vote, Your Worst Nightmare being an alt or not, etc) has been uninspiring to me at best and hence you can see I haven't posted much in it.
I'm back!
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Miztef wrote:Scotmany, to me, is pinging my scumdar. He states "It was not scummy at all. I was in no danger of being lynched, at all." which makes sense, but in my opinion,
seems a bit too comfortable, as if a scumbuddy voted him and he knew he was fine
. his posts thus far have been short and sweet, for the most part just passable as content, I don't like it.
Miztef, I agree with some of what you've said here (posts being short and sweet, just passable as content). I disagree however with the portion I've italicized. scotmany12 has already mentioned his feelings about the four votes that accumulated on him:
scotmany12 wrote:You know, I didn't view the four votes on em as a big deal. They were all random and meaningless. I didn't find the four votes on me scummy at all.
From the above quote, I get the feeling that he realized it was just a random bandwagon to get discussion going (and it did succeed at getting discussion going). I think for you to say that he felt "comfortable almost like a scumbuddy voted him" seems like a bit of a stretch to me.
Sir Tornado wrote:The discussion in this game so far (about the fourth vote, Your Worst Nightmare being an alt or not, etc) has been uninspiring to me at best and hence you can see I haven't posted much in it.
I hate these kinds of comments. If you feel this way, then inspire us to move away from that discussion then. Just because you find some uninspiring doesn't mean you get a free pass to not post
anything at all

Mod:
I think your vote count is a little off~
Miztef
Miztef
Goon
Miztef
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:17 am

Post by Miztef »

again, I agree with incognito on all fronts. It was a stretch for me to say there is a scum buddy relation there. on the other hand though, his content is negligible, although not as bad as sir tornado's, whose I agree again is going a bad way of play.

no addition to discussion = lurking = no info = scum trying to hide, or lazy townie, both of which are not good.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:03 am

Post by populartajo »

Is it scummy to agree with what
all
Miztef and Incognito have just posted?
I dont think so.
Now, SirTornado, it's impossible to not have a single though on what's happening here.
And to add an idea, I was thinking in a possible connection between Flameaxe, Gorrard and Scotmany trying to set traps to some overeactive players (M&M and YourWorstNightmare). But if you told me to pick a group I'd definitely pick the reacters.
Is there anyone lurking? I was used to check if 7 players were participating, but there's so many people here.
And Mod
, I unvoted a million years ago.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Patrick »

Mod
: Please prod jack_dillon if you haven't already under the 72 hour rule.

I think M-M is starting to overdo the 4th vote is scummy thing. I can see him using it as a way to kick things off even if I don't agree with it, but he hasn't talked about anything else. And again, unless there's any practical chance whatsoever of it leading to a speedlynch, I don't see how a 4th vote on a wagon made of random votes can be a danger.

This YWN wagon has a few worthwhile points, probably the best one made by Incognito in post 90: YWN immediately jumping in like that didn't look very scumhunty.
Your Worst Nightmare wrote:Secondly, because your possible reactions to me waiting for you posting are more predictable than me not waiting for you posting. (Either you'd acknowledge Akonas' vote and be suspicious of him, or you wouldn't acknowledge it and keep voting on me. Frankly, it weilds much more interesting results this way. This is still a game, right?)
I don't understand what interesting reactions you gained by doing it this way instead of waiting for him. By waiting you could have tested his consistency and gotten a sense of what he finds scummy or not. I acknowledge the time points, but it's not as though Incognito posts infrequently.

With that said, I don't like Gorrad's vote for YWN. "What's with all the screaming?" is hardly accurate and just seems like a way of making him sound worse, and what's all this stuff about alts? YWN seems to be an inexperienced player, I doubt he has an alt, unless he's an experienced player faking it, but I can't think of any reason why someone would do that. The fact that he joined in 2006 doesn't make him an alt.
Gorrad wrote:YWN made two statements that were both centers of arguments (First pro-him, second anti-me) and contradictory. He then admits to falsehood. Given their contexts, I don't think either were jokes, but, as he stated, found out lies. Who lies? Scum lie. I can feel the lynch unfold in front of me.
I thought his second statement looked completely non serious. YWN, clarify?

Incognito, how do I read Flameaxe? Why is your current avatar so bad?

I'll keep my originally random vote where it is for now, since Tornado has yet to do anything worthwhile. I'd also like to hear more from Akonas.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:50 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

No access at all from now til next Monday. Will be back on Tuesday.

Or see my sig.
The end justifies the means.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Incognito »

Patrick wrote:Incognito, how do I read Flameaxe?
I'm looking for something very distinct with ze Flameaxe to me try to get a better grasp of whether I think he's scum or not. I'd rather not reveal exactly what it is just yet, but I think it helped me figure both him and Nocmen-scum out in Open 58 on page 4 of that thread. He's one of the more difficult players to read, but I'm trying to meta him to see if the tell is consistent across his other scum-games.
Patrick wrote:Why is your current avatar so bad?
I know. I hated it and was still at work so I couldn't switch back to my old one that's on my hard drive at home. It's changed now though. =)
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Incognito »

EBWOP: Insert the word "help" in between "to" and "me" in my first paragraph.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Miztef wrote:@Your Worst Nightmare: I am so very confused, did you or did you not have a second account? Is this account an alt? On another note, do you find incognito suspicious? how about gorrad? You seem to think their arguments are flawed at least.
Let's say I'm not an alt. Will you seriously believe me?
Then let's say I am an alt. Will it change anything? Will such a non-game-related content really influence your opinion on my affiliation in this game?

And me pointing out flawed arguments is never an indication of suspicion. If there's a flaw anywhere, one should always point it out before it negatively influences anyone. (Unless that's the objective in the first place...) What one must figure out is if that argument was purposedly flawed or not.

Alas, my suspicion on Incognito has dispersed. Not gone though. But for now,
unvote

Gorrad wrote:Who lies? Scum lie.
Towns often lie as well. Power roles such as doc or cop sometimes claim vanilla town to avoid being the mafia's nightkill.

That's certainly not the case here, but I wanted to point this out. After all, having Gorrad over 800 game posts, he should already have enough experience and knowledge to know such a thing. Unless, of course, it was his intention all along to use a half-assed argument to draw even more suspicion to me. Note that it was also him who brought up the 'YWN is alt' topic in the first place...

But before anyone misunderstands my words, I am only commenting what I specifically quoted. For
that's
the flawed argument that leads to the flawed conclusion. Nothing more.

Patrick wrote:I don't understand what interesting reactions you gained by doing it this way instead of waiting for him. By waiting you could have tested his consistency and gotten a sense of what he finds scummy or not. I acknowledge the time points, but it's not as though Incognito posts infrequently.
What I learned from experience is that waiting for other players so you yourself can post is a bad thing. It haults conversation, which is what this game thrives upon. And seeing there's a time limit in this particular game, even worse it becomes. (Even if this is my first game on this forum, it is definitely not my first mafia game.)

Besides, even if Incognito doesn't post infrequently, I do.

Patrick wrote:I thought his second statement looked completely non serious. YWN, clarify?
Must I? It's funny watching Gorrad squeezing the facts to make me look scummy. :P

Fine then. I was being sarcastic at the time, as anyone who has played the game could figure out. (And, perhaps, anyone who hasn't as well?) But since certain people "failed" to see that and started using it as an argument against me, I rolled with it to see who else would jump in the bandwagon.

I am certainly not an alt. Not that a certain few of you will believe me, but I guess it's time to end the charade.
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Incognito wrote:
Patrick wrote:Incognito, how do I read Flameaxe?
I'm looking for something very distinct with ze Flameaxe to me try to get a better grasp of whether I think he's scum or not. I'd rather not reveal exactly what it is just yet, but I think it helped me figure both him and Nocmen-scum out in Open 58 on page 4 of that thread. He's one of the more difficult players to read, but I'm trying to meta him to see if the tell is consistent across his other scum-games.
Patrick wrote:Why is your current avatar so bad?
I know. I hated it and was still at work so I couldn't switch back to my old one that's on my hard drive at home. It's changed now though. =)
You have a meta on me after one game? Do you consider that reliable?
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by Incognito »

Flameaxe wrote:You have a meta on me after one game? Do you consider that reliable?
Easy there, Fancy Pants. I'm still in the research stage trying to determine if this tell goes across the board..
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Incognito wrote:
Flameaxe wrote:You have a meta on me after one game? Do you consider that reliable?
Easy there, Fancy Pants. I'm still in the research stage trying to determine if this tell goes across the board..
Still.
Wearing.
Jeans.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Incognito »

Flameaxe wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Still.
Wearing.
Jeans.
So? To a beggar jeans are quite fancy. Same jeans from the start of the game?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Well, it's still day one, so yes. :D
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Glork »

Prodding jack_dillon.

I think I fixed the VC.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Your Worst Nightmare
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Your Worst Nightmare
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Your Worst Nightmare »

Glork wrote:I think I fixed the VC.
Except new developments have surfaced since then.

Also, bumps thread.

MOD NOTE: The Vote Count reflects the voting record up to that post, so it is accurate where it is placed.
-Glork
For your safety, please disregard anything written above this line.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
Glork wrote:I think I fixed the VC.
Except new developments have surfaced since then.

Also, bumps thread.
One unvote has...whole lot of developments there.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Incognito »

Unvote; Vote: Sir Tornado
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Patrick »

Yeah. We're nearly half way through our allotted time for today, not having posted content at this point is completely unacceptable.

Mod:
Is jack_dillon being replaced according to the prodding/responding rule?

Gorrad, why have you been avoiding the thread since I asked you about your Nightmare vote? From a quick look at your post history, you've been active around the forums.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Gorrad »

I didn't see any questions there, and still don't. Can you clarify? I AM still alive.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:35 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Incognito wrote:
Can you please explain your vote. This is important.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Patrick »

Gorrad wrote:I didn't see any questions there, and still don't. Can you clarify? I AM still alive.
The part where I said, "What's all this stuff about alts?" is undeniably a question. You have some reasoning for voting Nightmare based on alts which seems flawed to me and I've explained why, the obvious thing for you to do would be to explain why it's not flawed (or concede that it is).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Incognito »

scotmany12 wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Can you please explain your vote. This is important.
Why is it important that I explain my vote?
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:46 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Well since we are past the random voting stage, I think every vote should be explained. Also, there might be something I might want to discuss with you after you explain it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”